PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Butler

Bill4Real
06-13-2017, 03:30 AM
Give me your best trade offers for him.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-13-2017, 08:51 AM
Celtics could offer up a haul. But seems Ainge holding tight. I suppose he's kinda over a barrel that Crowder/Bradley discount contracts wont last forever and need a payday soon enough. Besides IT will get paid.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2017, 09:40 AM
Celtics could offer up a haul. But seems Ainge holding tight. I suppose he's kinda over a barrel that Crowder/Bradley discount contracts wont last forever and need a payday soon enough. Besides IT will get paid.

Crowder has 3 years left. If Ainge is over a barrel on that deal then honestly so is every single player currently in the NBA on a rookie contract. Sure it won't last forever but that deal is nothing to worry about right now. Though I'd look to capitalize on his trade value and move him. The fact he does have 3 cheap years left makes him valuable to where I think you could get a late lottery/mid-1st for him. The longer you wait the more his value trends downward to a PJ Tucker type deal once his years of cheap control go away. Doubtful Ainge does this though IMO as it hurts the FA pitch.

Bradley/IT might be a tough call if we are fortunate enough to land a Hayward type since that adds another contract to the books. Not an issue this year but next. We'd probably need to pick one unless Wyc (team owner) is willing to pay a huge luxury tax for a few years. I would like to move Bradley this year (in addition to Crowder) for another lottery/mid-1st pick. I think Ainge might just roll with keeping both for another year and then make the call after the season. Moving one now hurts the FA pitch and forced you to make a decision a year early. If they miss out on a mid-1st by holding on and letting them walk I think they'll be fine.

I don't think Jimmy Butler is in the plans despite constant speculation. Just too expensive. The Celtics roster isn't worth gutting your future for. Not if it's a Jimmy Butler type coming back. Upgrading Bradley/Crowder to Butler/Hayward honestly isn't close to enough for us so there's no sense in severely hurting your future to make it happen. If they could get him without Fultz or Brown after signing Hayward (something like Bradley/Crowder/2018 BRK pick/combination of other future picks) then probably but I doubt CHI goes for that.

mrblisterdundee
06-13-2017, 11:39 AM
I don't think Jimmy Butler is in the plans despite constant speculation. Just too expensive. The Celtics roster isn't worth gutting your future for. Not if it's a Jimmy Butler type coming back. Upgrading Bradley/Crowder to Butler/Hayward honestly isn't close to enough for us so there's no sense in severely hurting your future to make it happen. If they could get him without Fultz or Brown after signing Hayward (something like Bradley/Crowder/2018 BRK pick/combination of other future picks) then probably but I doubt CHI goes for that.

I have to agree with this. Crowder doesn't seem that appealing to a team like Chicago with loads of cap space and a need for young talent. They probably realize they're not geting Fultz for Butler. But I wouldn't trade Butler for a package that didn't include Brown and the 2018 pick.
I would rather focus on playing Fultz next year with Bradley and Thomas to see which combination works better. Bradley might be a better fit, giving the Celtics a bigger, defensively better back court with excellent shooting. Let Thomas go get paid, killed on defense and start declining offensively somewhere else. Spend that money on Bradley and Smart.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2017, 11:50 AM
I have to agree with this. Crowder doesn't seem that appealing to a team like Chicago with loads of cap space and a need for young talent. They probably realize they're not geting Fultz for Butler. But I wouldn't trade Butler for a package that didn't include Brown and the 2018 pick.
I would rather focus on playing Fultz next year with Bradley and Thomas to see which combination works better. Bradley might be a better fit, giving the Celtics a bigger, defensively better back court with excellent shooting. Let Thomas go get paid, killed on defense and start declining offensively somewhere else. Spend that money on Bradley and Smart.

The Bulls are actually really high on Crowder per rumors. Supposedly he was a "gotta have" piece in deadline talks, for what it's worth.

Nikeman
06-13-2017, 12:27 PM
If I am the Cavs, I offer Kyrie. Although I doubt it happens.

mrblisterdundee
06-13-2017, 12:28 PM
The Bulls are actually really high on Crowder per rumors. Supposedly he was a "gotta have" piece in deadline talks, for what it's worth.

I don't know why they would be, unless the Bulls are continuing that tried and failed strategy of half-rebuilding. He's 26, not that athletic and unlikely to grow much from where he is now. Brown, on the other hand, has all the potential in the world. I would demand he be part of an trade for Butler, along with that 2018 pick.

warfelg
06-13-2017, 12:32 PM
Sixers could offer up a nice combo of picks and players.

#3, 2018 Sixers Pick, TLC, Saric, Holmes.

Not all of that together, but some things that could be what is offered in the package.

Firefistus
06-13-2017, 06:26 PM
Jazz could offer Exum/Hood/Favors, and some picks, but since Utah's stock is always worth less to every team in the NBA we know none of the fans are going to consider it until it happens (queue Williams trade)