PDA

View Full Version : Kevin durant sold out!!

Pages : [1] 2

KnickNyKnick
06-12-2017, 11:47 PM
KEVIN DURANT SOLD OUT!

discuss.

Chronz
06-13-2017, 12:00 AM
Check Bill Burr for his thoughts on it. He felt dirty watching that game up close.

smith&wesson
06-13-2017, 12:01 AM
Let it go man...

SteBO
06-13-2017, 12:01 AM
Let it go man...
Yep.

Vinny642
06-13-2017, 12:02 AM
Followed another sellout in BronBron

kobe4thewinbang
06-13-2017, 12:03 AM
KD's MVP speech: :puke:

Vinny642
06-13-2017, 12:22 AM
If you are KD, you make the same move

PhillySportFan
06-13-2017, 12:23 AM
Considering the situation of being up 3-1 to them in the previous WCF. I think it is the weakest move in all of sports history personally and will give that as an option.

This is strictly from KD's personal choice and perspective, not the Warriors.

smith&wesson
06-13-2017, 12:25 AM
KD's MVP speech: :puke:

The only thing that was annoying was his mom.. she could have given him a kiss, hug, congradulate him and get out of the way...

I dont remember any other MVPs mom hanging around 20 mins infront of the camera yelling and screaming like shes one of the players ... let the man celebrate with his team.. its his moment

GREATNESS ONE
OKC or GSW weren't beating the Cavs.

I don't get how people can't see this? He did exactly what was best for him and you guys are mad? Lebron has been doing that for 8 years and he will again next year.

Lolz this Summer should be entertaining.

blams
Yes. When LeBron made Miami, HE was the reason they were a super team. The filled in around him eventually but after year one Wade started dying and Bosh showed he's just a very good(not great) player.

Durant joined the best regular season team ever.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
KD knew what he was signing up for. This was a historic team before he ever joined. Even the celebration looked dull. This was the least fulfilling first NBA ring for an NBA superstar I can recall.

PhillySportFan

No, I don't. I have pride and if I have that level of skill and have Russell Westbrook there's no way I'm joining the team that beat me after I was up 3-1 on them.

Dade County
06-13-2017, 12:27 AM
I just look at it as GS won another title. KD can do whatever he wants but i will always look at the team instead of him individually.

Just Crazy. No one could have beaten them this year.

Crackadalic
06-13-2017, 12:28 AM
When you have these old farts constantly ******** on you for not winning a ring you can't blame these young guys for going to places to help them with that. You can't crap on a player for not being good enough to win a title then change the narrative that a player is trying to get the easiest path to win one

That said is was a weak move by KD. Just not gonna hate on it. its w/e

PhillySportFan
06-13-2017, 12:30 AM

I don't get how people can't see this? He did exactly what was best for him and you guys are mad? Lebron has been doing that for 8 years and he will again next year.

I don't know how you can say OKC or the Warriors wouldn't of beaten the Cavs. The Warriors were up 3-1 on the Cavs and most people would say if Draymond didn't get suspended the Cavs wouldn't of won.

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 12:30 AM
I don't know how you can say OKC or the Warriors wouldn't of beaten the Cavs. The Warriors were up 3-1 on the Cavs and most people would say if Draymond didn't get suspended the Cavs wouldn't of won.

C'mon, you 100% know the Warriors w/o KD don't beat these Cavs.

Vinny642
06-13-2017, 12:31 AM
No, I don't. I have pride and if I have that level of skill and have Russell Westbrook there's no way I'm joining the team that beat me after I was up 3-1 on them.

Then you dont want an easy ring

Vinny642
06-13-2017, 12:34 AM
So you just answered his damn question..?

Yeah because he gave me some BS response. Which is actually a lie to save face.

FlashBolt
Then you dont want an easy ring

So you just answered his damn question..?

tp13baby
Draymond saying losing last year and the getting the "consolation prize" in Durrant perfectly explains the NBA today. You tell me Jordan or Lebron or Kobe or anyone says losing a finals and bringing up a prize from it.

PhillySportFan
06-13-2017, 12:36 AM

I cannot say that's 100% true. I would like to reiterate that this is from the perspective of KD joining the Warriors. If you want to say that's an argument as to why KD left OKC to join the Warriors I guess you could but I would disagree with that as well.

PhillySportFan
06-13-2017, 12:38 AM
Yeah because he gave me some BS response. Which is actually a lie to save face.

That is not true at all. I understand not everyone believes that they can be top dog. If I have the skill to be one of the best then I don't want to join the other best players. I want to prove I'm the best by carrying my team past yours. I've been this way my whole life, I'm competitive, I want to win but I want to win with me being the leader. Of course if I simply don't have the skill to do it I can admit that but obviously that is not the case for KD.

Vinny642
06-13-2017, 12:39 AM
That is not true at all. I understand not everyone believes that they can be top dog. If I have the skill to be one of the best then I don't want to join the other best players. I want to prove I'm the best by carrying my team past yours. I've been this way my whole life, I'm competitive, I want to win but I want to win with me being the leader. Of course if I simply don't have the skill to do it I can admit that but obviously that is not the case for KD.

He wasnt gonna win with what the Thunder were giving them

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 12:42 AM
He wasnt gonna win with what the Thunder were giving them

Yeah, pairing him with RWB, Ibaka, Adams, and Kanter isn't enough. It was enough to win. We were up 3-1 and KD choked. Are you forgetting we were UP 3-1?

steelcityroller
06-13-2017, 12:42 AM

This.

I also think it never occurs to people that Kevin Durant might not have been happy in OKC.... God forbid the man leaves to pursuit personal happiness. What a selfish bastard.

Vinny642
06-13-2017, 12:44 AM
Yeah, pairing him with RWB, Ibaka, Adams, and Kanter isn't enough. It was enough to win. We were up 3-1 and KD choked. Are you forgetting we were UP 3-1?

And ya lost 3 in a row... trading Harden is what did you guys in, that would leave a bad taste in anyones mouth

NetsPaint
06-13-2017, 12:45 AM
So it's ok for KD to leave OKC, as long as it's a weaker team? So let me get this straight. KD had to assess his off-season like this:

KD: Hmmm, OKC? Not happy here. Unfortunately I have to leave. Spurs? Great organization, but I need to
find an organization that's on the rocks. Golden State? No. They're a great organization and fit my style to a T, but once again I have to find a team that isn't that good. Alright, Washington? Boston? Clippers? Now those are teams I want to roll with. There's some weak players on all those teams. I can explore my motivational speaking skills by telling those mediocre players I'm here because they stink. I can be the first reverse psychologist basketball player. If only the Sixers expressed interest in me.

PhillySportFan
06-13-2017, 12:46 AM
This.

I also think it never occurs to people that Kevin Durant might not have been happy in OKC.... God forbid the man leaves to pursuit personal happiness. What a selfish bastard.

Ok, there were other destinations where he could be top dog with good complementary players.

PhillySportFan
06-13-2017, 12:50 AM
So it's ok for KD to leave OKC, as long as it's a weaker team. So let me get this straight. KD had to assess his off-season like this:

KD: Hmmm, OKC? Not happy here. Unfortunately I have to leave. Spurs? Great organization, but I need to
find an organization that's on the rocks. Golden State? No. They're a great organization and fit my style to a T, but once again I have to find a team that isn't that good. Alright, Washington? Boston? Clippers? Now those are teams I want to roll with. There's some weak players on all those teams. I can explore my motivational speaking skills by telling those mediocre players I'm here because they stink. I can be the first reverse psychologist basketball player. If only the Sixers expressed interest in me.

He simply doesn't have the stuff to be the top dog, that's what he admitted when he chose the Warriors, given the 3-1 lead in the WCF. That's what makes it the weakest move in sports history, he can assess whatever the hell he wants. You don't think most great players in every sport could opt out of his contract with his team and join a better one? lol, sure they could but they don't because they want to be a leader, not a follower.

Edit: Of course some players have but again this is very circumstantial given his situation.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 12:53 AM
And ya lost 3 in a row... trading Harden is what did you guys in, that would leave a bad taste in anyones mouth

so KD chokes and decides to go to the team that beat him. What are you talking about? we lost because he choked. It's like LeBron choking vs the Mavs in 2011 and then JOINING them the season after..

NetsPaint
06-13-2017, 12:54 AM
He simply doesn't have the stuff to be the top dog, that's what he admitted when he chose the Warriors, given the 3-1 lead in the WCF. That's what makes it the weakest move in sports history, he can assess whatever the hell he wants. You don't think most great players in every sport could opt out of his contract with his team and join a better one? lol, sure they could but they don't because they want to be a leader, not a follower.
Them losing a 3-1 lead was no surprise to me. That Warriors team was deadly. Curry just came back from injury. I get why people don't like it, but if you analyze the truth of it all, OKC losing to Golden State shouldn't be a factor in why people think it's weak. Would this many people be mad if he joined the Spurs? That team would have been incredible as well. Just because OKC beat them in 6 last season doesn't mean that it would have been much less "weaker" than going to Golden State. The Spurs are always a threat.

NetsPaint
06-13-2017, 12:57 AM
so KD chokes and decides to go to the team that beat him. What are you talking about? we lost because he choked. It's like LeBron choking vs the Mavs in 2011 and then JOINING them the season after..

I'm gonna keep saying this...

Durant went to a team in which he could fit RIGHT in. Look at the way he plays. That team fits him PERFECTLY.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 12:58 AM
Them losing a 3-1 lead was no surprise to me. That Warriors team was deadly. Curry just came back from injury. I get why people don't like it, but if you analyze the truth of it all, OKC losing to Golden State shouldn't be a factor in why people think it's weak. Would this many people be mad if he joined the Spurs? That team would have been incredible as well. Just because OKC beat them in 6 last season doesn't mean that it would have been much less "weaker" than going to Golden State. The Spurs are always a threat.

We were up in those fourth quarters. Within minutes left, we were up by 5-10 points in each of those last three games. Kevin Durant choked. It's simple.

NetsPaint
06-13-2017, 12:59 AM
We were up in those fourth quarters. Within minutes left, we were up by 5-10 points in each of those last three games. Kevin Durant choked. It's simple.
True or not, that doesn't mean he had to stay in OKC, nor does it mean he had to join a non-Warriors team.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 01:04 AM
I'm gonna keep saying this...

Durant went to a team in which he could fit RIGHT in. Look at the way he plays. That team fits him PERFECTLY.

What does that have to do with anything being asked here? It was a non-competitive move. He joined a 73-9 team that was the favorite coming into the Finals this season WITHOUT KD. They were the favorites for two straight years before that. They won a championship the season before KD joined and would have been a back-to-back if LeBron+Kyrie didn't put up two of the greatest Finals performances ever. The fact is, KD could have gone to many teams if OKC wasn't an option. Celtics, Bulls, Washington, Miami, or Spurs. Instead, he joined a team that many felt would have been a definitive ring before the season began. Let's face facts, here. Forget about the fit. KD fits ANY team perfectly. He's a damn 7 footer with a shot from just about anywhere on the court. Let's talk about how he joined a team that were the favorites before he ever joined. That's the competitive part you're ignoring.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-13-2017, 01:05 AM

Huh? Both would have been the favourites last year.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 01:06 AM
True or not, that doesn't mean he had to stay in OKC, nor does it mean he had to join a non-Warriors team.

No, it means that if he joined any other team, people would have respected him more. He wouldn't have diluted the league of competitive teams. Which would be more satisfying? Winning with the Wizards or Warriors? You and I both know, he would be looked much more differently had he won one outside of the Warriors.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-13-2017, 01:07 AM
He was a FA so he can do what he wants.

But going to the team that beat you isn't a good look in any way, especially if, at any point until he dies, references that winning a title was an important reason why.

basch152
06-13-2017, 01:10 AM
Draymond saying losing last year and the getting the "consolation prize" in Durrant perfectly explains the NBA today. You tell me Jordan or Lebron or Kobe or anyone says losing a finals and bringing up a prize from it.

LOL, lebron doesn't even care. It's just a way to make money for him. He's practicallt outright said it.

NetsPaint
06-13-2017, 01:13 AM
What does that have to do with anything being asked here? It was a non-competitive move. He joined a 73-9 team that was the favorite coming into the Finals this season WITHOUT KD. They were the favorites for two straight years before that. They won a championship the season before KD joined and would have been a back-to-back if LeBron+Kyrie didn't put up two of the greatest Finals performances ever. The fact is, KD could have gone to many teams if OKC wasn't an option. Celtics, Bulls, Washington, Miami, or Spurs. Instead, he joined a team that many felt would have been a definitive ring before the season began. Let's face facts, here. Forget about the fit. KD fits ANY team perfectly. He's a damn 7 footer with a shot from just about anywhere on the court. Let's talk about how he joined a team that were the favorites before he ever joined. That's the competitive part you're ignoring.
This is a false way to look at it imo. Of course he'd be successful in any team. Maybe he picked a team that knew how to play great basketball, and in a city he enjoyed. Why even MENTION the Spurs? OKC won because of Tim Duncan's mileage. You add Kevin Durant to a team that won SIXTY SEVEN games with one of the greatest basketball coaches in history and that's not "weak"? Not every team can play like the Warriors, and maybe their system and players attracted him. MAYBE they also had the best presentation for him to join as well. Maybe Durant was considering other teams, maybe he was considering on taking on bigger challenges, but maybe this felt right for him. This is his life. Why should he go somewhere he doesn't think he'll be happy? People overthink things all the time, maybe he went where it felt natural to him. People forget the "fun" part of basketball.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 01:14 AM
LOL, lebron doesn't even care. It's just a way to make money for him. He's practicallt outright said it.

You're sad. Saying he doesn't even care. Yeah, he plays up to the Finals because he doesn't care. Find something better to do.

hughest4
06-13-2017, 01:14 AM
Who cares?
He is an amazing player who went and joined an amazing team. His goal was to win an NBA Championship and thats exactly what he did. Good for him.

NetsPaint
06-13-2017, 01:18 AM
No, it means that if he joined any other team, people would have respected him more. He wouldn't have diluted the league of competitive teams. Which would be more satisfying? Winning with the Wizards or Warriors? You and I both know, he would be looked much more differently had he won one outside of the Warriors.
Absolutely. I would want to take the harder challenge, but also after experiencing working years somewhere I didn't like the actual job and only liked it because of my co-workers, I finally left and am on a journey to achieve what I want to do in life and to be happy. Yeah, I'm not a basketball player making millions of dollars, but maybe he was tired for being unhappy. I think it's just ridiculous to dwell on a man's decision that he did to make him happy and isn't harming anyone.

hughest4
06-13-2017, 01:20 AM
KD knew what he was signing up for. This was a historic team before he ever joined. Even the celebration looked dull. This was the least fulfilling first NBA ring for an NBA superstar I can recall.

In whose eyes? I'm sure Kevin Durant feels pretty fulfilled right now.

How can you say that with 100% certainty? It would be a very different series, and the Cavs would have much better odds but you can't count out Steph, Klay, and Draymond.

NetsPaint
06-13-2017, 01:22 AM
They traded Ibaka before KD's decision. Not saying that's a factor, but maybe that tipped the iceberg.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 01:28 AM
They traded Ibaka before KD's decision. Not saying that's a factor, but maybe that tipped the iceberg.

That's not the question. He had that type of roster capable of beating the Warriors and he didn't lead them so he joined a team where he can benefit like no other superstar has both defensively and offensively. I cannot recall a #2 player being in such a position to win the way KD has been. You'll have to look back at Magic but then again, Magic had legitimate competition against Bird and the Sixers. There are no comparable teams.

Hangtime
06-13-2017, 01:30 AM
KD looked fed up with Westy. He has one foot out the door soon as they lost. Westy got caught up in his duel with Curry. I don't really like a guy like Durant joining the team he lost too. But I honestly think there were only two teams he could have joined that would have beaten Lebron. That was the Spurs and warriors. I don't know what the Spurs would have had to give up to make it work. Any other team and Durant would have been staring at Lebron probably hoisting another trophy.

NetsPaint
06-13-2017, 01:30 AM
That's not the question. He had that type of roster capable of beating the Warriors and he didn't lead them so he joined a team where he can benefit like no other superstar has both defensively and offensively. I cannot recall a #2 player being in such a position to win the way KD has been. You'll have to look back at Magic but then again, Magic had legitimate competition against Bird and the Sixers. There are no comparable teams.
Again, a healthy Curry could have changed how many games that series went. That series wasn't as close as it seemed. OKC was tough as heck, but Golden State was the superior team imo.

Hangtime
06-13-2017, 01:37 AM
Im not gonna call him a sell out. He didn't ride anybody coat tail. Durant put in work too to win this thing. He finally resembled a man willing to work on the defensive end. I didn't think he had it in him. Barnes would have folded just like last year. Cleveland was ready to pounce. Durant kept them at bay.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 01:38 AM
Again, a healthy Curry could have changed how many games that series went. That series wasn't as close as it seemed. OKC was tough as heck, but Golden State was the superior team imo.

So it's not possible for OKC to choke a 3-1 lead because GSW were a better team? What are you saying? We had enough to win. We didn't. KD didn't perform well. End of story. And he went to join them after. Would you be saying anything different if LeBron after 2015 went to join the Warriors?

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 01:39 AM
In whose eyes? I'm sure Kevin Durant feels pretty fulfilled right now.

How can you say that with 100% certainty? It would be a very different series, and the Cavs would have much better odds but you can't count out Steph, Klay, and Draymond.

Because without Durant, the Cavs would have won this series. He was a Huge difference maker and matchup nightmare for the Cavs.

east fb knicks
06-13-2017, 01:40 AM
Kd is worst than lbj :facepalm:

NetsPaint
06-13-2017, 01:41 AM
So it's not possible for OKC to choke a 3-1 lead because GSW were a better team? What are you saying? We had enough to win. We didn't. KD didn't perform well. End of story. And he went to join them after. Would you be saying anything different if LeBron after 2015 went to join the Warriors?
LeBron didn't have Kyrie and Love from OT of game one on.

My point with the Thunder losing that series is, yeah, given the situation with Curry, they had enough to win, but Durant looked at it realistically, in his mind that is, that OKC really wasn't appealing enough.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 01:45 AM
Because without Durant, the Cavs would have won this series. He was a Huge difference maker and matchup nightmare for the Cavs.

You have no way of knowing this other than the fact that the team changed drastically to make up for KD's implementation. Klay and Curry both looked off for periods of time because they gave the ball up to KD and it hurt their pace a bit. And you're forgetting that they got KD but could have easily gotten another great player as well. But that's the good part of this: No one knows who would have won if GSW made a different move than KD and it was the Warriors vs Cleveland. What we do know is that KD's talent as the 2nd best player just made this damn uneven. Even LeBron playing GOAT Finals wasn't close to being enough. What makes anyone think this was fair? Cavs were a damn good team this playoffs. The issue was the Warriors were a damn historic team with the possibility of one day, ending up as a top 1-3 dynasty ever. And that's scary considering outside of Jordan's Bulls, there aren't any teams like that in the modern NBA.

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 01:46 AM
KD was the difference maker. You guys all know it but are trying to throw shade on it, I get it you're all upset and hate KD.

Lebron will get new cronies and we'll have another showdown next year.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 01:48 AM
LeBron didn't have Kyrie and Love from OT of game one on.

My point with the Thunder losing that series is, yeah, given the situation with Curry, they had enough to win, but Durant looked at it realistically, in his mind that is, that OKC really wasn't appealing enough.

It wasn't appealing enough because he wanted to win while having the less amount of stress on himself. Sorry, the 2nd best player should compete. It's not like he didn't have a team. Look at LeBron with Mo Williams and then boohoo, KD is upset he has to play with Westbrook? He could have gone to many teams and gave them a title contention. Wizards with KD+Wall+Beal might not be the Warriors 2017 but they would have certainly gave the Cavs and the Warriors a battle and no one could have gave him the crap he took the past year about being a coward. Imagine this move. That would have meant there are about five contenders for the championship: Wizards, Spurs, Cavs, Warriors, Rockets or Clippers. Instead, there's only one. The only possible contender out there are the Cavs and the only reason people gave them a chance was because of LeBron. Just face, it. The guy wanted to win but that doesn't change the fact that it was a damn easy championship.

LA_Raiders
06-13-2017, 01:59 AM
No. Both KD and LeQueen are a pair of cowards, that can't get it done without 2 or 3 superstars. But can't blame KD for something that LeBron started.

PhillySportFan
06-13-2017, 02:02 AM
KD was the difference maker. You guys all know it but are trying to throw shade on it, I get it you're all upset and hate KD.

Lebron will get new cronies and we'll have another showdown next year.

We aren't downplaying that, him being there actually made the series not all that interesting. Cap wise it won't be so simple for LeBron to get a Klay and Draymond level players to go along with Kyrie.

This is a huge misconception for me at least, I'm not saying KD didn't play a big part or isn't one of the best NBA players. My beef is with his decision and his cop out for a free championship. I don't even have a problem with the Warriors, just KD.

JordansBulls
06-13-2017, 02:06 AM
Followed Lebron steps in 2011.

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 02:07 AM
No. Both KD and LeQueen are a pair of cowards, that can't get it done without 2 or 3 superstars. But can't blame KD for something that LeBron started.

:nod:

LOb0
06-13-2017, 02:09 AM

You're comparing Bosh and Wade to a 73 win Warriors team?

More so, most people's issue is KD choked and lost to this same team last year. He did the cowardly thing and ran to them rather than beat them.

PhillySportFan
06-13-2017, 02:13 AM
Two wrongs don't make a right. LeBron was still big dog in Miami, KD is at best equal to Steph in terms of overall being necessary to them winning. I wasn't a fan of LeBron's "decision" but KD's decision was far worse.

PhillySportFan
06-13-2017, 02:15 AM
You're comparing Bosh and Wade to a 73 win Warriors team?

More so, most people's issue is KD choked and lost to this same team last year. He did the cowardly thing and ran to them rather than beat them.

Yeah, common sense. People try to compare and make excuses, it's clear as day, KD took the easy way out. He'll be remembered as a great player but certainly not a great winner which defeats the purpose of the move he made.

LOb0
06-13-2017, 02:16 AM
Yeah, common sense. People try to compare and make excuses, it's clear as day, KD took the easy way out. He'll be remembered as a great player but certainly not a great winner which defeats the purpose of the move he made.

Yeah like if Bron joined the Celtics in 2011 then they'd have a real comparison. This, there's nothing similar. Warriors did not even need KD for this title.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-13-2017, 02:20 AM

Seriously, this. Durant was on SVP earlier and he looked more anxious and uneasy, kind of detached than happy and prideful that he just won a chip/FMVP.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-13-2017, 02:25 AM
The Dubs celebration continued the theme of this season and playoffs, flat and uninvolving.

Congrats to the Dubs and the longtime fans tho. Good to see them winning again after a long layoff from winning championships.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 02:26 AM
Seriously, this. Durant was on SVP earlier and he looked more anxious and uneasy, kind of detached than happy and prideful that he just won a chip/FMVP.

He was always like that. Always nervous and awkward-like. But his interviews seemed like he was happy just getting a ring rather than being proud of it. I think deep down, he knew that this wasn't the same but that it was the only way for him to accomplish it. I watched the celebration for Cleveland and that speech by LeBron with Doris at the end was damn fulfilling not only as a fan but for someone to come back against that team and winning one for his hometown. There was no meaning behind KD's ring. A lack of significance. Dude sounded so awkward on the camera I actually felt bad.

Bostonjorge
06-13-2017, 02:27 AM
Wade is the guy who took down that Detroit team who destroyed Shaq and Kobe.

Bosh games took a huge hit when he went to Miami yet he still outplayed every big in the east. Roy Hibert was his only competition for best big man out east.

James joined these guys to beat.....

Dirk with zero all stars help

Spurs who can lose in the first round and they did

Okc who was super young from the head coach to the main players

Nothing will be worst then what Jame started. James Cavs roster the year he left was more then enough to beat Dallas in the finals. Let alone what he had in Miami. I mean a 8th seed took down Dirk.

NetsPaint
06-13-2017, 02:28 AM
He was always like that. Always nervous and awkward-like. But his interviews seemed like he was happy just getting a ring rather than being proud of it. I think deep down, he knew that this wasn't the same but that it was the only way for him to accomplish it. I watched the celebration for Cleveland and that speech by LeBron with Doris at the end was damn fulfilling not only as a fan but for someone to come back against that team and winning one for his hometown. There was no meaning behind KD's ring. A lack of significance. Dude sounded so awkward on the camera I actually felt bad.
We don't know this to be true, but maybe we see KD go back to OKC sooner than later because he won a championship and Finals MVP? Who knows.

NetsPaint
06-13-2017, 02:29 AM
Wade is the guy who took down that Detroit team who destroyed Shaq and Kobe.

Bosh games took a huge hit when he went to Miami yet he still outplayed every big in the east. Roy Hibert was his only competition for best big man out east.

James joined these guys to beat.....

Dirk with zero all stars help

Spurs who can lose in the first round and they did

Okc who was super young from the head coach to the main players

Nothing will be worst then what Jame started. James Cavs roster the year he left was more then enough to beat Dallas in the finals. Let alone what he had in Miami. I mean a 8th seed took down Dirk.
Yeah. Dirk didn't go crazy or anything in 2011.

LOb0
06-13-2017, 02:30 AM
We don't know this to be true, but maybe we see KD go back to OKC sooner than later because he won a championship and Finals MVP? Who knows.

Why would he do that? He knows he can't win or he'd of never left. It's not like he was playing with bums in OKC.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 02:33 AM

Only reason I wouldn't mind that would be because it would make the league more transparent. But I don't like the guy and won't support him as a fan. If we win a ring, cool. But the way RWB stuck with us when he didn't have to speaks more to me as a fan. And don't get me wrong, I was actually a huge fan of KD over RWB. I said trade RWB for CP3 and how a pass-first PG would be best for our team. But let's face it, RWB is not the reason we lost and have been losing. It was Kevin Durant. He choked against the Memphis Grizzlies a few years ago as well. And people need to stop blaming RWB when the entire time KD was there, he always said that they need RWB to be more aggressive. KD wasn't a leader. If he was, he would have been able to get RWB to change his style of game. RWB even went up to KD and asked how he should change his game because everyone was saying that RWB was ballhogging. KD never said anything.

JordansBulls
06-13-2017, 02:34 AM
No Lebron going to play with Wade was weaker a guy who got it done as the man.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 02:40 AM
I remember they said JordansBulls used to be good at posting. I wonder where things went South. Must've been when he couldn't stand the LeBron-Jordan debates and just got used to hating on LeBron. Sad, though. He's been pretty darn good in threads that don't include LeBron. It's almost like all logic depletes when LeBron is involved.

papipapsmanny
06-13-2017, 03:01 AM
Probably, all he did was beat Lebron at his own game.

LOb0
06-13-2017, 03:01 AM
I remember they said JordansBulls used to be good at posting. I wonder where things went South. Must've been when he couldn't stand the LeBron-Jordan debates and just got used to hating on LeBron. Sad, though. He's been pretty darn good in threads that don't include LeBron. It's almost like all logic depletes when LeBron is involved.

Yeah nearly every post I see from him is just awful.

Bostonjorge
06-13-2017, 03:04 AM
Yeah. Dirk didn't go crazy or anything in 2011.

Why didn't James just go just as crazy in Cleveland? His team was comparable to Dirks team. Dirk had old Kidd while James had old Shaq. Dirk had a older Marion and James had a older Jamison.

I mean if Dirk can raise his game to new heights to reach James normal heights then why couldn't James raise his game?

Saddletramp
06-13-2017, 03:21 AM

Maybe a long time ago. I don't think I've ever seen a post from him that isn't stupid as ****. If he was a good poster maybe he gave his password to his little downsy brother or something.

Saddletramp
06-13-2017, 03:25 AM
Why didn't James just go just as crazy in Cleveland? His team was comparable to Dirks team. Dirk had old Kidd while James had old Shaq. Dirk had a older Marion and James had a older Jamison.

I mean if Dirk can raise his game to new heights to reach James normal heights then why couldn't James raise his game?

Because the Warriors are deeper than the Heat were? Use just a fraction of common sense for once and maybe people might take you seriously.

Take off Klay, Iguodala, Livingston, West and McGee and trade Kerr out for Spoelstra. Also, let's say KD and Steph are comparable to Lebron and 2011 Wade.....Green is miles ahead of Bosh it's not even funny.

Rush
06-13-2017, 03:27 AM
I hope you don't take a better job opportunity when the time comes. You know, don't want to be a sell out and all.

Saddletramp
06-13-2017, 04:01 AM
I hope you don't take a better job opportunity when the time comes. You know, don't want to be a sell out and all.

Already been labeled as trash. Professional sports is a different kind of beast. I'd explain it again but I'd be wasting my time. Mouth breathers don't understand things even the 5th time they're explained.

Bostonjorge
06-13-2017, 04:16 AM
Because the Warriors are deeper than the Heat were? Use just a fraction of common sense for once and maybe people might take you seriously.

Take off Klay, Iguodala, Livingston, West and McGee and trade Kerr out for Spoelstra. Also, let's say KD and Steph are comparable to Lebron and 2011 Wade.....Green is miles ahead of Bosh it's not even funny.

Heat never had to play a team as good as the Cavs are now. Dallas beating the Heat in 2011 is like Utah beating the Warriors this year. Cavs beating the Warriors is still not as impressive as what Dallas did to the Heat. James just couldn't be half as great as Dirk was or Wade was against Detroit.

James just runs his numbers up while letting his guy average 35 points a game on 55% shooting. He let's Iggy get dunks with no contest. Let's Curry get all the way to the rim with ease. Just so he can run up his numbers.

Saddletramp
06-13-2017, 04:31 AM
Heat never had to play a team as good as the Cavs are now. Dallas beating the Heat in 2011 is like Utah beating the Warriors this year. Cavs beating the Warriors is still not as impressive as what Dallas did to the Heat. James just couldn't be half as great as Dirk was or Wade was against Detroit.

James just runs his numbers up while letting his guy average 35 points a game on 55% shooting. He let's Iggy get dunks with no contest. Let's Curry get all the way to the rim with ease. Just so he can run up his numbers.

Lol. Whatever you gotta tell yourself. This is really ****ing stupid.

hughest4
06-13-2017, 05:24 AM

This I agree with. I can't believe that he did not even try to contest that Iggy dunk.
With that said, Lebron was a beast for 99% of this series.

burtgummer
06-13-2017, 05:33 AM
This is hilarious He loses another finals and the Bron-Bron fan boys are really needing a hankie

AlmostThere
06-13-2017, 05:38 AM

Yeah it totally didn't have anything to do with The NBA's Poster boy's team getting all the calls in their favor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQHTwWUyCXo . KD totally wasn't averaging 15 or 17 in the 4th quarter leading up to game 3 or 4. He definitely choked. The heat definitely were Playing clean, legal basketball. https://youtu.be/saF8Pdk8BLE?t=3m9s . https://youtu.be/saF8Pdk8BLE?t=4m40s . http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/18/sports/basketball/nba-finals-durants-foul-trouble-costs-thunder.html . http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1228731-2012-nba-finals-breaking-down-the-officiating-are-the-refs-favoring-miami . The NBA totally hasnt tried to get rid of videos displaying the 5 fouls that KD had game 3 and who know what else. WestBrook Definitely Didn't score 43 i believe with only 3 FTA. / end sarcasm. Let's be real though, if you were really an OKC fan and didnt notice 1 of the things i mentioned i have to question your fandom. i Had a post on here that detailed how the amount of fouls called in Miami's favor outnumbered OKCs by such a large amount that it definitely affected the outcome of the games. I also had clips and highlights with numerous foul calls missed that would have favored OKC or calls against them that were set up plays to draw a foul or straight out one sided calls( Being called one way for the heat, and almost always the other way OKC). Even Ghost fouls that werent there called in favor of maimi. In my opinion, Durant felt he was cheated from his shot at a title that time around and decided to make the best move for him. If that OKC team wins that series, Harden probably stays in OKC and we see a OKC MIA rivalry arise for the next few seasons? who knows. So Durant feeling cheated and seeing Lebron create a new younger superteam again in cleveland, The warriors dominating the regular season, and his OKC team losing key players, Why wouldnt he make the best move for himself and go to the warriors?
I mean if Lebron can have the league set up the draft to give cleveland 3 1st overall and a 2nd pick in 4 years to entice him to go back, why cant he go to a team that fits his play style to get a sure shot at a title?

KnickNyKnick
06-13-2017, 08:43 AM
All that is left to do now is for Lebron to Join GS and Kill the NBA.

aprahul
06-13-2017, 08:54 AM
Today's Match NBA Cavaliers VS Warriors . :clap: Golden State Warriors wins against Cavaliers .

PayDaPiper
06-13-2017, 09:13 AM

Even though the series was really close last year, I kinda feel the same way. I feel like the Cavs had figured out how to defend and beat the Warriors KD less, why would they not join forces to be able to beat Lebron?

BKLYNpigeon
06-13-2017, 09:17 AM
KD earn that ring. shot 50-40-90 and finals MVP.

Scoots
06-13-2017, 09:21 AM
Kermit Washingon sucker punching Rudy Tomjonavich was way weaker.

Jamiecballer
06-13-2017, 09:21 AM
It's his career. Life is short. There aren't many teams in the history of the league that make basketball look like a fun game, a truly team effort. As soon as we get outside ourselves to view it without bias it becomes easy to understand why it would be appealing. He played with Westbrook and went to the anti-westbrook. It may have ruined the league and killed his chance of ever being truly appreciated but that's his price to pay, not ours.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 09:35 AM
I mean, yes, he sold out. I doubt he cares this morning....

But sure, this ring, and Finals MVP, do minimal to his ranking for me personally. Congrats on eternal single coverage and the freedom to score at will with minimal resistance.

Durant played well, earned the MVP, I just simply can't look at is as anything special, or something only greatness can accomplish. With GS as is, winning does nothing for him for me. And it actually hurts Curry as well.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 09:43 AM
It's his career. Life is short. There aren't many teams in the history of the league that make basketball look like a fun game, a truly team effort. As soon as we get outside ourselves to view it without bias it becomes easy to understand why it would be appealing. He played with Westbrook and went to the anti-westbrook. It may have ruined the league and killed his chance of ever being truly appreciated but that's his price to pay, not ours.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

sure, and yet his decision comes with a cost to his individual legacy. However, isn't the point of sports to have fun?

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-13-2017, 10:00 AM
Durant is a ***** and a sell out. He's the 2nd best player in the world and one helluva player... nobody is denying that. But he's still a ***** who joined a team that already won 73 games and made it to the finals in back to back seasons.

On one hand, Lebron reaps what he sows. He joined a super team to chase a ring and now he's the one who has to deal with the super team of all super teams. On the other hand, Durant's move was way worse and shows far more cowardice than anything Lebron did. Lebron still had a big challenge in front of him despite all the hype he created. Durant had little to no challenge in front of him. Plus, Lebron's first go around in Cleveland left him very little chance to succeed with that supporting cast, so I sort of get why he left. It was more about the spectacle of The Decision and the hype rally that really left a bad taste in people's mouths. What Durant did was just a purely cowardice move.

Durant is a great player and he deserved the MVP award based on his level of play during the finals, but he's still a coward for joining that team and the NBA is a flawed league for having a system that allows such a thing. In the NFL and NHL, teams have to literally cut good players to fit under the cap. In the NBA, it seems you can just load up as long as a player wants to go somewhere. There seems to always be a way to fit under the cap. It should be impossible to build the team the Warriors built. The competitve balance of the NBA is all out of whack and this whole super team waive created the circumstances we live in now. Now we have the super team of all super teams and nobody else stands a chance unless the Cavs add another all star... which will only further destroy any competitive balance that currently exists in this league.

Scoots
06-13-2017, 10:02 AM
Congrats on eternal single coverage and the freedom to score at will with minimal resistance.

Pretty much what LeBron faced against the Warriors too.

But I don't think you can say Durant sold out since that usually means going for money over other things and he left a lot of money on the table. He certainly did take the easier route though.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-13-2017, 10:10 AM

But I don't think you can say Durant sold out since that usually means going for money over other things and he left a lot of money on the table. He certainly did take the easier route though.

Durant had much easier looks than Lebron throughout the series. Most of Lebron's points came on ISO with him just bullying his way into the paint and scoring against contested defenders. They were tough shots with defenders draped on him. Just because he wasn't doubled throughout the game doesn't mean he didn't have to work hard for every bucket.

Durant had a bunch of easier looks. Part of that is because of his style compared to Lebron, but part of that is the team he is on. They have so much skill and everyone can pass and shoot at an elite level. Durant constantly had open looks and one on one mismatches that he was able to expose. It doesn't take a basketball genius to see that Lebron had to exert far more energy while on the court as compared to Durant.

With that said, Durant's game blends perfectly in that landscape. He's probably more dangerous than Lebron in situations where he has that many open looks and easy mismatches. One of the most frustrating things about Durant going to GS is that he's literally the perfect fit there. You can't possibly design a team better than adding Durant to that Warriors team.

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 10:12 AM
I knew I should have avoided PSD today. Durant did not sell out, he went to the best situation possible. That rubs people the wrong way, but if you haven't been in his position you don't have room to criticize. Basketball is a TEAM sport and OKC did not give him a good enough team. It doesn't matter how good any one player is if the team can't compete. Ask Lebron.

This Cavs team is flawed defensively and simplistic offensively. They relied on the ability of their top 3 to beat their defender individually, which was exhausting for Lebron and Irving. Lebron gassed in multiple games. They couldn't get stops, outside of Lebron, who had to conserve energy.

This Cavs team was not beating the Warriors, Durant or not.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 10:15 AM

Dude, help didn't even come at Durant. He had as much freedom as a star prays for.

Sold out is a stupid term for it.

It's unfortunate. I would guess all of this is good for viewership, more people probably watch now, but I watched less basketball this year than any year I can remember, by a lot. The entire season was a formality.

If the Wolves aren't relevant within a couple of years, I will probably be a converted hockey fan.

Scoots
Durant had much easier looks than Lebron throughout the series. Most of Lebron's points came on ISO with him just bullying his way into the paint and scoring against contested defenders. They were tough shots with defenders draped on him. Just because he wasn't doubled throughout the game doesn't mean he didn't have to work hard for every bucket.

Durant had a bunch of easier looks. Part of that is because of his style compared to Lebron, but part of that is the team he is on. They have so much skill and everyone can pass and shoot at an elite level. Durant constantly had open looks and one on one mismatches that he was able to expose. It doesn't take a basketball genius to see that Lebron had to exert far more energy while on the court as compared to Durant.

With that said, Durant's game blends perfectly in that landscape. He's probably more dangerous than Lebron in situations where he has that many open looks and easy mismatches. One of the most frustrating things about Durant going to GS is that he's literally the perfect fit there. You can't possibly design a team better than adding Durant to that Warriors team.

My point was that the Warriors singled LeBron. The Cavs tried to double KD but the team around him made that not happen as often as the Cavs planned.

IndyRealist
sure, and yet his decision comes with a cost to his individual legacy. However, isn't the point of sports to have fun?

If he ends up with multiple rings, no one outside of PSD is gonna care. The HOF certainly won't.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 10:17 AM
If he ends up with multiple rings, no one outside of PSD is gonna care. The HOF certainly won't.

nah, his move to GS will always be brought up. People will care less, because at the end of the day, the ratio of sports nerds to casual fans is so small, realities and context get overlooked. So that part, I agree with you on.

But in depth NBA fans don't forget Magic forcing his way to the Lakers, or Kareem forcing his way to LA, and it's been how many years?

Chromehounds
06-13-2017, 10:18 AM

A cost to his individual legacy? Leaving a ball-dominated player to join a team oriented offense? Also, how about this scenario? KD was the best player on a good team, sure, stay for another 10yrs and be a good player with no chips. You mean that individual legacy? A great player with no rings? Instead of being stuck in no-mans land. KD left that mediocre situation and becoming the Best player on one of the best teams in league history. Take that in for a moment before commenting.
I've always thought the W's was masterful at getting KD, such move was to get out of the West and it was just a luxury to have him. But now it's apparent, the W's themselves need KD as much as KD needs them.

P.s. Have you heard of LBJ? Couldn't win so orchestrated and formed the so-called Super team. How does that affect his individual legacy? Not a darn thing! Last I checked folks are calling him the best ever.

Scoots
06-13-2017, 10:19 AM
This Cavs team is flawed defensively and simplistic offensively. They relied on the ability of their top 3 to beat their defender individually, which was exhausting for Lebron and Irving. Lebron gassed in multiple games. They couldn't get stops, outside of Lebron, who had to conserve energy.

Had the series gone longer I don't know that the Warriors would have held out well physically either.

Me and Mr. T
06-13-2017, 10:36 AM
Yes and Lebron didn't sell out going to Miami. :laugh: The Celtics started the whole big three thing. You can't blame Durant for doing what he did. Lebron wouldn't have won a ring without doing the same thing.

Scoots
06-13-2017, 10:38 AM
Dude, help didn't even come at Durant. He had as much freedom as a star prays for.

Sold out is a stupid term for it.

It's unfortunate. I would guess all of this is good for viewership, more people probably watch now, but I watched less basketball this year than any year I can remember, by a lot. The entire season was a formality.

If the Wolves aren't relevant within a couple of years, I will probably be a converted hockey fan.

I was a little surprised the Wolves didn't improve more than they did. Not just in wins, but they seemed to be making a lot of the same mistakes all year. I just hope they keep the team together and give the talent a chance to grow.

Jamiecballer
06-13-2017, 10:39 AM
you are correct. everyone has priorities. i don't see why we need to be so critical of someone just because theirs are different than ours.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 10:40 AM
A cost to his individual legacy? Leaving a ball-dominated player to join a team oriented offense? Also, how about this scenario? KD was the best player on a good team, sure, stay for another 10yrs and be a good player with no chips. You mean that individual legacy? A great player with no rings? Instead of being stuck in no-mans land. KD left that mediocre situation and becoming the Best player on one of the best teams in league history. Take that in for a moment before commenting.
I've always thought the W's was masterful at getting KD, such move was to get out of the West and it was just a luxury to have him. But now it's apparent, the W's themselves need KD as much as KD needs them.

P.s. Have you heard of LBJ? Couldn't win so orchestrated and formed the so-called Super team. How does that affect his individual legacy? Not a darn thing! Last I checked folks are calling him the best ever.

Durant went to a team that has proven they don't need him to win. At all. That means he doesn't get a bunch of credit for winning, if much at all.

I have heard of LBJ. He went and led a team that wasn't established to titles as the clear cut best player on his team, and in the game. Something Durant didn't do.

the bolded part is pure b.s. They already proved they didn't need him to win a title, 73 games, etc.

Scoots
nah, his move to GS will always be brought up. People will care less, because at the end of the day, the ratio of sports nerds to casual fans is so small, realities and context get overlooked. So that part, I agree with you on.

But in depth NBA fans don't forget Magic forcing his way to the Lakers, or Kareem forcing his way to LA, and it's been how many years?

I appreciate the sentiment, but people forget. Most people think Wilt was always a Laker and Bob Marley wrote and performed every reggae song :)

Hawkeye15
you are correct. everyone has priorities. i don't see why we need to be so critical of someone just because theirs are different than ours.

Because he robbed us of watching a supposed all timer lift a team to great heights. For selfish reasons, I am no longer a Durant fan. Furthermore, I can't give him much of any credit for a GS title. They don't need him to win, we already know that.

But at the end of the day, Durant doesn't care what I think, and more power to him. I just call out a beotch when I see one, is what it is..

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 10:42 AM
Had the series gone longer I don't know that the Warriors would have held out well physically either.

The Warrior's passing offense is designed to get the easiest shot possible with minimal effort. The Cavs system relies on Lebron or Irving expending tons of energy outplaying their defender. One spreads out the effort over the 5 players on the court, the other concentrates the effort into two players. I think it's pretty obvious which holds up better over 7 games.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 10:42 AM
I appreciate the sentiment, but people forget. Most people think Wilt was always a Laker and Bob Marley wrote and performed every reggae song :)

yep, casual fans don't care. They make up the majority. Or at least, casual fans are too concerned with other things to care much, which isn't a bad thing. Doesn't mean I won't forget.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 10:43 AM
I was a little surprised the Wolves didn't improve more than they did. Not just in wins, but they seemed to be making a lot of the same mistakes all year. I just hope they keep the team together and give the talent a chance to grow.

Hoping for real growth this year, it needs to come. Their defense has miles to go.

Jamiecballer
06-13-2017, 10:43 AM
Because he robbed us of watching a supposed all timer lift a team to great heights. For selfish reasons, I am no longer a Durant fan. Furthermore, I can't give him much of any credit for a GS title. They don't need him to win, we already know that.

But at the end of the day, Durant doesn't care what I think, and more power to him. I just call out a beotch when I see one, is what it is..

believe me hawkeye, when you acknowledge that it's for selfish reasons, i can respect and understand the sentiment. at least that's honest.

colinskik
06-13-2017, 11:10 AM

How are you convincing yourself that is true? The supposed best team ever needed arguably the best player in the league??

C'mon, let's drop the blind faith for a just a moment and look at this realistically. The Warriors most likely would've beaten the Cavs this year if they had kept last year's team intact. Without KD, the Warriors would have gotten more contribution from guys like Klay and Green. Instead, they were virtually absent and definitely not key pieces to this latest chip.

It's an embarrassment of riches at this point, which is seriously ruining the integrity of the game. I understand why you would argue the point you're arguing -- any fan of a super team is going to prioritize the wins over the big picture. But look at it from everyone else's standpoint -- this just isn't exciting to watch when the outcome was known before the ink even dried on KD's new contract.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 11:19 AM
How are you convincing yourself that is true? The supposed best team ever needed arguably the best player in the league??

C'mon, let's drop the blind faith for a just a moment and look at this realistically. The Warriors most likely would've beaten the Cavs this year if they had kept last year's team intact. Without KD, the Warriors would have gotten more contribution from guys like Klay and Green. Instead, they were virtually absent and definitely not key pieces to this latest chip.

It's an embarrassment of riches at this point, which is seriously ruining the integrity of the game. I understand why you would argue the point you're arguing -- any fan of a super team is going to prioritize the wins over the big picture. But look at it from everyone else's standpoint -- this just isn't exciting to watch when the outcome was known before the ink even dried on KD's new contract.

bingo...

for the first time in my life, I watched hockey this year. Probably more than I watched basketball. I just had no interest outside the Wolves, which is a first for me.

mngopher35
06-13-2017, 11:23 AM
Yup lol. It is just not the same knowing the outcome ahead of time (although at least you can make some $ off it). Like Hawk NHL kinda won me over this playoffs and the trend may continue for a few years. Just gotta see how things play out this off season I guess but I am not overly optimistic we get legit challengers near their talent level.

Bigdaddyburch
06-13-2017, 11:36 AM
I dont know. Do you think that had Jordan been a FA after the Pistons beat him he would have joined them?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Bigdaddyburch
06-13-2017, 11:39 AM

GS was a top 5 all time team having won 73 games. GS would have beaten the Cavs last year had they not shot themselves in the foot. OKC almost beat GS last year. I believe both could have.

Sofnr
06-13-2017, 11:51 AM
As Free Agents both Lebron and Durant went to the situation they deemed best for themselves and that gave them the best chance to win. I guess that's selling out because they didn't consider other NBA fans feelings or whether the league would be competitive enough after their decisions. Pretty smart business decisions for themselves though. I'd had have made the same decision Durant made in an instant and not looked back.

One Nut Kruk
06-13-2017, 12:09 PM

No kidding. All it has been is non stop jealous whiners that sound more like a B---- than what they are claiming Durant is. It's pathetic. They know who they are.

I don't care that Durant went to GS. I think he's more of a pansy for not telling his mom to stay in her seat.

WestCoastSportz
06-13-2017, 12:34 PM
What do most professional athletes want out of their careers? Whether its baseball, football, soccer, boxing, tennis, track, mountain biking, snowboarding, golf or basketball? Thats to win. So a guy takes less money to win and people say its the weakest move in sports history? Thats just being a hater and there are plenty of those around, especially butt hurt Thunder fans.

Say James Harden was a free agent and he wanted to sign with the Cavaliers. You'd be a homer if you didn't think the Cavs wouldn't sign him, but they can't because they're over the salary cap. In fact, they had the highest payroll in the league at $128M this past season while the Warriors sat at $107M. Thats a $20M player difference. Every team would love to do what the Warriors did and the people that say getting Durant was just an easy way to a championship, don't realize just how hard it was to do what they've just did. The core of that team is organic. Curry, Thompson and Green were all drafted by them. I don't think there is another playoff team out there that drafted all their key players. Every team in the league would love to do what the Warriors have done and do it the way they did, but its hard in today's money driven league. We have to give Bob Myers, Joe Lacob Peter Gruber and Steve Kerr tons of credit.

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 12:35 PM
lol people act like it wasn't the same situation. Like Lebron didn't plan out and hand pick his teammates to join forces with and have a pre-parade celebrating their 8 future titles....

**** is the same and hard to blame Durant for doing exactly what Lebron did which was what was best for his chances to win a title.

Now everyone wants to cry like it's not fair.

U Mad?

aman_13
06-13-2017, 12:40 PM
lol people act like it wasn't the same situation. Like Lebron didn't plan out and hand pick his teammates to join forces with and have a pre-parade celebrating their 8 future titles....

**** is the same and hard to blame Durant for doing exactly what Lebron did which was what was best for his chances to win a title.

U Mad?

If KD decided to leave next yr, who'd be the favorite to win it all?

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 12:46 PM
If KD decided to leave next yr, who'd be the favorite to win it all?

Cavs.

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 12:47 PM
KD/Curry is the reason the Dubs beat the Lebron/Irving Cavs.

colinskik
06-13-2017, 12:54 PM
Cavs.

Not even close and you know it. Just stop.

aman_13
06-13-2017, 12:57 PM

Curry and Klay are good enough to do the same.

Wise answer though. You can continue with your stance now lol.

colinskik
06-13-2017, 12:58 PM

KD's presence on that team marginalizes the impact of Klay /Green.

If KD weren't on the team, then it would've been those two guys plus Curry who took down Lebron and Kyrie.

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 01:05 PM

Not even close? Without KD, Cavs are winning that series.

No one can make Lebron work on the defensive side, who was going to put in KD's production this series? Klay? Dray?

KD was a HUGE difference maker in this series and a HUGE reason why they won. w/o KD this series goes 6/7 games and I would bet Cavs would win. It's much easier to check Curry w/o having to worry about KD.

The Curry/KD pick n roll was very effective this series, I'm not sure it would even be close as effective with someone else other than kD.

Pleases. Not even close my ***.

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 01:06 PM
KD's presence on that team marginalizes the impact of Klay /Green.

If KD weren't on the team, then it would've been those two guys plus Curry who took down Lebron and Kyrie.

No sir, I 100% disagree. Lebron would be hoisting up another trophy against a Durantless Warriors.

aman_13
06-13-2017, 01:16 PM
Let's assume KD's cap get spread out for some added depth. I just don't see a scenario where we don't see the Warriors back in the finals.

Would the finals in itself be more competitive? Yes and it would probably be a 6 or 7 game series but the point is the Warriors can still win. That's the difference.

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 01:18 PM

With Igoudala on his last legs and no Bogut or Barnes?

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 01:18 PM
Let's assume KD's cap get spread out for some added depth. I just don't see a scenario where we don't see the Warriors back in the finals.

Would the finals in itself be more competitive? Yes and it would probably be a 6 or 7 game series but the point is the Warriors can still win. That's the difference.

"Can" still won yes but would they, I don't think Lebron would have lost this series without Durant on the other side responding.

Yea, maybe they had a shot if they brought in the right pieces but I just cannot see Curry/Klay/Dray leading the Warriors passed this Cavs team.

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 01:19 PM
Durant avg 35pts a game on extremely efficient scoring. He was a HUGE difference maker.

8kobe24
06-13-2017, 01:24 PM
Thought he had a concert or something that sold out... anyway let it go. Lebron did the same thing

Silent
06-13-2017, 01:24 PM
The only thing that was annoying was his mom.. she could have given him a kiss, hug, congradulate him and get out of the way...

I dont remember any other MVPs mom hanging around 20 mins infront of the camera yelling and screaming like shes one of the players ... let the man celebrate with his team.. its his moment

I agree

8kobe24
06-13-2017, 01:25 PM
Durant avg 35pts a game on extremely efficient scoring. He was a HUGE difference maker.

No point in proving points to those that are clouded by idiocy.

aman_13
06-13-2017, 01:26 PM
"Can" still won yes but would they, I don't think Lebron would have lost this series without Durant on the other side responding.

Yea, maybe they had a shot if they brought in the right pieces but I just cannot see Curry/Klay/Dray leading the Warriors passed this Cavs team.

I realize it's hard to argue hypotheticals but they were up 3-1 last yr. Had Curry played to his capabilities and Green didn't get suspended, they would likely be champs last yr.

aman_13
06-13-2017, 01:27 PM

He definitely was. This was a 5 game series because of him. No doubt about that.

TheDish87
06-13-2017, 01:29 PM

disagree. i think most would be fueled to get redemption after choking like that.

Chromehounds
06-13-2017, 01:31 PM
Durant went to a team that has proven they don't need him to win. At all. That means he doesn't get a bunch of credit for winning, if much at all.

I have heard of LBJ. He went and led a team that wasn't established to titles as the clear cut best player on his team, and in the game. Something Durant didn't do.

the bolded part is pure b.s. They already proved they didn't need him to win a title, 73 games, etc.

Sure ignore my questions about your "individual legacy" comment. Anyway, assuming you've watched this year Finals, if after watching the series and you don't recognize that the W's needed KD to win, then there's no point for us to continue this conversation. You seem to only listen what you want to hear, I suggest sitting in front of a mirror. :)

Oh, and a bit about LBJ. He orchestrated or best manipulated to have his own super team to help him win, of course, you are OK with that. While KD made a decision to join an extremely talented team, then led that team to a title. So obviously that is unacceptable to your standard. ;)

TheDish87
06-13-2017, 01:31 PM
Yes and Lebron didn't sell out going to Miami. :laugh: The Celtics started the whole big three thing. You can't blame Durant for doing what he did. Lebron wouldn't have won a ring without doing the same thing.

the Celtics didnt start it. KG and Allen were traded for and at the tail end of their primes.

One Nut Kruk
06-13-2017, 01:33 PM

I understand your reasoning behind hating it and respect your opinion as you don't sound like a whiny child when doing so.

As for individual legacy though, maybe he doesn't care? The point is to win. And that's exactly what he just did. It's not like he's the greatest player of all time or even of his era...he's one of them but not THE guy. So where would being on a team that possibly never wins but he is a great player, get him? I mean, now he's won it all and he was great in doing so. Does being on this Warriors team tarnish it? To some I guess it does but I just don't see why he would care. He's still going to be looked upon as an all time great.

Me and Mr. T
06-13-2017, 01:35 PM
the Celtics didnt start it. KG and Allen were traded for and at the tail end of their primes.

Tail end of their primes? KG and Allen were 31 when they were traded. Also, they did start it. It made Lebron want to do that same thing albeit in free agency instead of through trades.

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 01:40 PM
disagree. i think most would be fueled to get redemption after choking like that.

It's funny that people don't look at sports as a job. He went to a better work opportunity.

aman_13
06-13-2017, 01:41 PM
It's funny that people don't look at sports as a job. He went to a better work opportunity.

How? They play basketball for a living and get paid millions to do so. Then we hear talk shows about them, I can't relate right now.

tredigs
06-13-2017, 01:41 PM
Not surprising, but very lame that this troll thread is even kept open (as a blatant unapologetic troll thread).

What KD did was DOMINATE in the NBA Finals. Say whatever you want about his choice in free agency to dictate his own life, that man just owned the NBA Finals.

colinskik
06-13-2017, 01:45 PM
With Igoudala on his last legs and no Bogut or Barnes?

Iggy actually played well -- his 3 shot was falling and he was very active. Zaza more than replaced Bogut, and Barnes would've been replaced with someone else not named KD.

So yes, the W's still would've been heavy favorites.

Not even close? Without KD, Cavs are winning that series.

No one can make Lebron work on the defensive side, who was going to put in KD's production this series? Klay? Dray?

Yeah! That's my whole point, dude. Notice how those two were conspicuously absent throughout much of the Finals? Their skills were majorly marginalized -- and we know how good they can be. Klay can go off for boatloads of points and Green is a lowkey trip dub threat. But neither of those things happened because they didn't need to (see: KD). BUT we've seen how effective a Warriors team that has Klay and Green performing at their best can be. (In case you forget, it's a championship.)

No sir, I 100% disagree. Lebron would be hoisting up another trophy against a Durantless Warriors.

Well, frankly your opinion is worthless without any sort of facts to stand on. You can go on believing it all you want, but the actual real life scenario suggests otherwise.

aman_13
06-13-2017, 01:45 PM
Not surprising, but very lame that this troll thread is even open.

What KD did was DOMINATE in the NBA Finals. Say whatever you want about his choice in free agency to dictate his own life, that man just owned the NBA Finals.

Yeah he didn't take a back seat. He got it done and it was nice to see.

That said, we all knew he was extremely talented so it's not surprising to see him play this way. It's just a shame that considering his talent, he had to take such an easy path. That's just my take and I'm done with this.

tredigs
06-13-2017, 01:49 PM
35/8/5.5 +1 steal 1.6 blk on 56/47/93 (70% TS). H2H against LBJ. NO shortage of incredible tough/clutch shots time and time again. One of the most incredible performances there will ever be in the NBA.

colinskik
06-13-2017, 01:52 PM
35/8/5.5 +1 steal 1.6 blk on 56/47/93 (70% TS). H2H against LBJ. NO shortage of incredible tough/clutch shots time and time again. One of the most incredible performances there will ever be in the NBA.

Yeah, on a team that was already historically good. No one is discrediting his performance, but it sure is a hell of a lot easier when you're playing alongside a 2-time MVP and a team that has already been dubbed the best of all time without KD.

da ThRONe
06-13-2017, 01:53 PM
To answer the question yes it's weak af. If he would have played as well as he did with the Thunder against the Warriors in last year close out games they would have beaten Warriors. Instead he chokes then runs to the very same team that beat him. What else to you call it?

TheIlladelph16
06-13-2017, 01:55 PM
I think it's legitimately the "weakest" move in NBA history from a player perspective. I don't necessarily blame him for making that choice, but that doesn't mean I have to respect it. He set a new precedent, even more so than the Boston Big 3 or Miami Big 3 did, that has made the entire season almost worthless and uninteresting. For all the **** Lebron took, including **** from KD himself (read: hypocrite), it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth seeing those same people now defend Durant on this.

All that being said, this Warriors team is the greatest team I've ever seen assembled and the players earned their championship.

tredigs
06-13-2017, 01:59 PM
Yeah, on a team that was already historically good. No one is discrediting his performance, but it sure is a hell of a lot easier when you're playing alongside a 2-time MVP and a team that has already been dubbed the best of all time without KD.

Nobody else in the world is putting up those numbers on that efficiency. Did you miss the series? Did all of you? Some of the shots he hit were out of this world, and the clutch factor was mind boggling. Hate on his choice in free agency, you can all stfu about that being "easy" as far as his performance goes. That play was out of this world incredible.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 02:03 PM
Sure ignore my questions about your "individual legacy" comment. Anyway, assuming you've watched this year Finals, if after watching the series and you don't recognize that the W's needed KD to win, then there's no point for us to continue this conversation. You seem to only listen what you want to hear, I suggest sitting in front of a mirror. :)

Oh, and a bit about LBJ. He orchestrated or best manipulated to have his own super team to help him win, of course, you are OK with that. While KD made a decision to join an extremely talented team, then led that team to a title. So obviously that is unacceptable to your standard. ;)

questions? You painted a scenario that wasn't the case. Durant left a mediocre situation? Gtfo dude.

KD doesn't get squat for credit from me, "leading" a team that already won a title and 73 games without him, sorry.

I have spent countless strokes on the keyboard painting the obvious differences between anything LeBron did, and what Durant did. If you don't see it, cool. LeBron never stuck his arm out and caught the championship express on the way by. Durant did. Literally.

Are people shocked at my opinion? I have been stating it for a year, why would it change now, after they won?

colinskik
06-13-2017, 02:04 PM
Yeah he didn't take a back seat. He got it done and it was nice to see.

That said, we all knew he was extremely talented so it's not surprising to see him play this way. It's just a shame that considering his talent, he had to take such an easy path. That's just my take and I'm done with this.

This is exactly how it should be summed up. Perfectly said.

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 02:05 PM
How? They play basketball for a living and get paid millions to do so. Then we hear talk shows about them, I can't relate right now.

And yet if you left a job where you couldn't advance anymore for a better company and coworkers, no one would call you a b**** for not sticking it out.

tredigs
06-13-2017, 02:07 PM
And yet if you left a job where you couldn't advance anymore for a better company and coworkers, no one would call you a b**** for not sticking it out.

Specifically if your job had a 15 year expiration date and you were going on year 10 with the original company.

aman_13
06-13-2017, 02:08 PM

Except in KD's scenario, he did have a chance to advance, but he choked. But that's basketball.

aman_13
06-13-2017, 02:08 PM

Also kind of my point.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 02:09 PM
I understand your reasoning behind hating it and respect your opinion as you don't sound like a whiny child when doing so.

As for individual legacy though, maybe he doesn't care? The point is to win. And that's exactly what he just did. It's not like he's the greatest player of all time or even of his era...he's one of them but not THE guy. So where would being on a team that possibly never wins but he is a great player, get him? I mean, now he's won it all and he was great in doing so. Does being on this Warriors team tarnish it? To some I guess it does but I just don't see why he would care. He's still going to be looked upon as an all time great.

he clearly doesn't, he even stated as such. And players don't get to rank themselves. I do, but nobody cares what my opinion is.

I am on a public chat board, maybe over time I have earned some respect, maybe not. I am stating my opinion. Durant literally hopped onto a train on the way to Chip Town. To me, that is weak for a so called generational superstar in his peak. Especially when we consider he left a team that had GS down 3-1, and was routinely winning 55-60 games when healthy and competing for rings. He came from a team that drafted so well, it had to pawn off an MVP candidate, while holding onto another one, for Durant's help.

To me, he removed himself from MJ, LeBron, Duncan convo, and placed himself firmly in the Pippen, KG, etc convo. But that is me..

colinskik
06-13-2017, 02:09 PM
Nobody else in the world is putting up those numbers on that efficiency. Did you miss the series? Did all of you? Some of the shots he hit were out of this world, and the clutch factor was mind boggling. Hate on his choice in free agency, you can all stfu about that being "easy" as far as his performance goes. That play was out of this world incredible.

Do you know how defense works in basketball? Playing on that team left him in single coverage or even wide open on many shots. I'm no pro baller, but I know it's easier to hit a wide open shot than one where you're smothered by the defender.

Dude had grandpa Jefferson on him for the majority of the time...

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 02:10 PM
I think it's legitimately the "weakest" move in NBA history from a player perspective. I don't necessarily blame him for making that choice, but that doesn't mean I have to respect it. He set a new precedent, even more so than the Boston Big 3 or Miami Big 3 did, that has made the entire season almost worthless and uninteresting. For all the **** Lebron took, including **** from KD himself (read: hypocrite), it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth seeing those same people now defend Durant on this.

All that being said, this Warriors team is the greatest team I've ever seen assembled and the players earned their championship.

word for word how I feel.

tredigs
06-13-2017, 02:11 PM
I just love that KD saved his best play of the season/his career for the Finals and the h2h against LBJ. In the Final 3 games we saw the true Cavs team, and that took everything the Warriors had to out-duel that juggernaut in those games (well other than G4 where the Cavs ripped them in half). I am not convinced the Warriors win that series with Harrison Barnes in place of KD. They needed him, and holy **** did he deliver.

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 02:12 PM
Iggy actually played well -- his 3 shot was falling and he was very active. Zaza more than replaced Bogut, and Barnes would've been replaced with someone else not named KD.

Yeah! That's my whole point, dude. Notice how those two were conspicuously absent throughout much of the Finals? Their skills were majorly marginalized -- and we know how good they can be. Klay can go off for boatloads of points and Green is a lowkey trip dub threat. But neither of those things happened because they didn't need to (see: KD). BUT we've seen how effective a Warriors team that has Klay and Green performing at their best can be. (In case you forget, it's a championship.)

Well, frankly your opinion is worthless without any sort of facts to stand on. You can go on believing it all you want, but the actual real life scenario suggests otherwise.

Lol your opinion isn't worthless? We're on a ****ing sports forum, discussing a sport we have 0% influence over like ****kng Nerds.

Opinions, is all we have in or discussion. We don't have to agree but we can be classy and respectful towards each other, even if we disagree.

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 02:13 PM
I just love that KD saved his best play of the season/his career for the Finals and the h2h against LBJ. In the Final 3 games we saw the true Cavs team, and that took everything the Warriors had to out-duel that juggernaut in those games (well other than G4 where the Cavs ripped them in half). I am not convinced the Warriors win that series with Harrison Barnes in place of KD. They needed him, and holy **** did he deliver.

He delivered BIG TIME, what a Clutch Finals performance, he was easily the biggest difference this year.

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 02:21 PM

Iggy was crap until the Finals, he's on his lst legs. Zaza did not replace Bogut's defense or rim protection, he was an adequate filler and the rest of the defense was just unworldly, especially with a motivated Durant. Barnes would have been replaced with who, exactly, who could adequately defend Lebron single coverage without fouling out? I can't think of that free agent last year not named Durant.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 02:24 PM
The issue with the Warriors that no one takes a look at when they mention Durant's performance is how easy Durant has to work for those shots. As if it wasn't easier because he's just unstoppable because of his physique and range, the guy has zero pressure to not be dominating. Look at the lineups. There is no one capable of guarding KD so there was no excuse for him not to score. Look at LeBron. They guy saw defenses from Livingston, Klay, Iggy, Draymond, and KD throughout the game. The only guy KD saw was LeBron and RJ. Warriors just have that indirect offensive ability that you can't brush off Klay to double KD or vice-versa. Part of the reason why most hated KD's move was because we treat him as a top five player. The expectations were that he's better than this and capable of winning one on his own. The reality is, he needed the Warriors to win a championship. Vice-versa? I don't know. I still think the Warriors could have made signings at the C or SF that would have made them the favorites again. It's easy to say KD did this or that but we never saw this KD for the OKC. It's simple: You put a historic scorer on a team that already has a historic offensive scoring talent, you're going to get an efficient monster.

Bigdaddyburch
06-13-2017, 02:27 PM

U Mad?
It isnt so much he picked a good team or the best team available. He picked a top 5 all time greatest team that would have won the championship with or without him. Put it into perspective. It is like Jordan running to the Pistons or Bird to the Lakers or Kobe to Boston. It is actually even worse because none of those teams are a top all time. Does he have the right? Yes he does but in a sport or any sport really it is about competition. Joining the best team in the league and one who already had a 95percent chance of winning without you is not the most competitive decisions i have ever seen. So imo he deserves every backlash thrown at him.

Jewelz0376
06-13-2017, 02:28 PM
Some of you are acting like Durant just scored of spot up jumpers and uncontested dunks that were spoon fed to him by Curry.

I'm sorry but Durant balled out. I don't give a dam who his teammates were. He was hitting tough contested shots. He literally was scoring at will on Lebron. Lebron is still the best player in the world IMO, but I've never seen someone get the best of Lebron like that over an entire series.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 02:31 PM
LeBron handpicked his teammates by leveraging his status so he never has to deal with ineffective management.
There's an entirely different story when LeBron had said, joined the team that beat him. That's the lazy thing to do. It's what KD did. He joined a team that had everything fit perfectly as it was. I would have had much more respect for KD if he decided to create a team than join the Warriors. Hell, it's not even about joining. The East could very well have been better than the West had KD joined the Wizards or Celtics. Finally creating that "competition" you guys say LeBron never has in the East. But we all know KD needed more. Wall+Beal are not Steph+Klay+Draymond. So he chose the best team because he knew he wasn't winning it in any other way.

da ThRONe
06-13-2017, 02:32 PM
Some of you are acting like Durant just scored of spot up jumpers and uncontested dunks that were spoon fed to him by Curry.

I'm sorry but Durant balled out. I don't give a dam who his teammates were. He was hitting tough contested shots. He literally was scoring at will on Lebron. Lebron is still the best player in the world IMO, but I've never seen someone get the best of Lebron like that over an entire series.

I don't think anybody is suggesting that Durant wasn't the best player on that team. However being the best player on a team with other all nba players clearly makes it easier. Which is whybhe went there in the 1st place.

tredigs
06-13-2017, 02:33 PM
LeBron handpicked his teammates by leveraging his status so he never has to deal with ineffective management.
There's an entirely different story when LeBron had said, joined the team that beat him. That's the lazy thing to do. It's what KD did. He joined a team that had everything fit perfectly as it was. I would have had much more respect for KD if he decided to create a team than join the Warriors. Hell, it's not even about joining. The East could very well have been better than the West had KD joined the Wizards or Celtics. Finally creating that "competition" you guys say LeBron never has in the East. But we all know KD needed more. Wall+Beal are not Steph+Klay+Draymond. So he chose the best team because he knew he wasn't winning it in any other way.

Hahah no. He hit easy shots, he hit normal KD shots, and he hit INSANE shots. He also played amazing D. Your last sentence is just you being a salty hater and colors the picture for all your posts concerning this subject. That said, I don't blame you for continuing to be angry. I would be too if I was an OKC fan.

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 02:37 PM
It isnt so much he picked a good team or the best team available. He picked a top 5 all time greatest team that would have won the championship with or without him. Put it into perspective. It is like Jordan running to the Pistons or Bird to the Lakers or Kobe to Boston. It is actually even worse because none of those teams are a top all time. Does he have the right? Yes he does but in a sport or any sport really it is about competition. Joining the best team in the league and one who already had a 95percent chance of winning without you is not the most competitive decisions i have ever seen. So imo he deserves every backlash thrown at him.

Oh trust me brotha, I 100% agree but this didn't start with Durant, it started with Lebron in 2011. I'm just arguing it's hard to praise Lebron but knock Durant for doing the same exact ****. Plus I don't think Durant wanted to play with RW anymore and I truly believe he thought the best move for his life and career was in GSW. It's not like he took the minimum to go play with them Lolol he just did what we would all do and that's the best thing for ourselves.

colinskik
06-13-2017, 02:40 PM
Lol your opinion isn't worthless? We're on a ****ing sports forum, discussing a sport we have 0% influence over like ****kng Nerds.

Opinions, is all we have in or discussion. We don't have to agree but we can be classy and respectful towards each other, even if we disagree.

Just because you think the Warriors without KD wouldn't have beaten the Cavs doesn't make it so. Back it up with some sort of argument. Anything!

I'm arguing that the Warriors without KD could beat Lebron's Cavs because they did beat them two years ago and were well on their way to beating them again last year until Green's suspension. And that was with Curry supposedly playing injured.

Sorry, but if you post something that's completely without basis, you might be called out for it. And if you react like a little ***** about it rather than trying to defend your argument, that's on you. It's not the end of the world.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 02:43 PM
Hahah no. He hit easy shots, he hit normal KD shots, and he hit INSANE shots. He also played amazing D. Your last sentence is just you being a salty hater and colors the picture for all your posts concerning this subject. That said, I don't blame you for continuing to be angry. I would be too if I was an OKC fan.

It's sad that this is the type of poster you have become. You weren't like this three years ago. But hey, I guess winning changes everyone. Some become humble, some become pathetic. I think you know which side you are on. I don't even know why I respond to you. You're definitely the most bi-polar individual in any forum I've been a part of. And you're not even good with the jabs. It's the same ones being used every time. It's fine. I'll let the grandpas off the leash and enjoy their time at the forum. Never put you on ignore but it's just about that time. See ya.

bklynny67
06-13-2017, 02:45 PM
Amazing how many troll threads appear after the finals ended. Really amazing.

KD did exactly what any one of you would have done. Big deal that he joined a team that was already the best or second best team in the league!

They still couldn't beat CLE last year despite their incredible regular season record. KD knew he wasn't going to win **** with OKC, not with CLE and GS around... Hell they probably wouldn't get passed SAS.

LeBron James has already ring chased twice by jumping to a team that he knew was gonna be nearly impossible to beat. KD is the only significant free agent GS added, and they had the money to do so after hitting big on several drafted players. It would have been crazy NOT to sign with GS.

Everyone here wants to talk about legacies and how be ruined his. **** legacies. The fact is when all is said and done, 20 years from now everyone may very well be talking about how LeBron James has more finals losses than anyone in history, and Kareem, Jordan, Kobe, Steph Curry, Durant, and more.... All have more championships than he does.

That will be all that matters.

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 02:47 PM
Just because you think the Warriors without KD wouldn't have beaten the Cavs doesn't make it so. Back it up with some sort of argument. Anything!

I'm arguing that the Warriors without KD could beat Lebron's Cavs because they did beat them two years ago and were well on their way to beating them again last year until Green's suspension. And that was with Curry supposedly playing injured.

Sorry, but if you post something that's completely without basis, you might be called out for it. And if you react like a little ***** about it rather than trying to defend your argument, that's on you. It's not the end of the world.

Lol ok Keyboard Gangster. You really trying to yap your gums online? I'm going to just go ahead and let you argue wth yourself. I wanted to have a debate with class but obviously you're still mad at KD. Might as well get used to it because it's not going away anytime soon.

tredigs
06-13-2017, 02:47 PM
It's sad that this is the type of poster you have become. You weren't like this three years ago. But hey, I guess winning changes everyone. Some become humble, some become pathetic. I think you know which side you are on. I don't even know why I respond to you. You're definitely the most bi-polar individual in any forum I've been a part of. And you're not even good with the jabs. It's the same ones being used every time. It's fine. I'll let the grandpas off the leash and enjoy their time at the forum. Never put you on ignore but it's just about that time. See ya.

Just look at your comments kid. "So he chose the best team because he knew he wasn't winning it any other way". You're an angry troll. I respond directly to trolls. Many people have been turned off by that, I get it. It won't change until the substance in people's posts outweigh their butthurtness.

colinskik
06-13-2017, 02:48 PM
Iggy was crap until the Finals, he's on his lst legs. Zaza did not replace Bogut's defense or rim protection, he was an adequate filler and the rest of the defense was just unworldly, especially with a motivated Durant. Barnes would have been replaced with who, exactly, who could adequately defend Lebron single coverage without fouling out? I can't think of that free agent last year not named Durant.

Well, we're discussing the Finals, so whatever Iggy did prior is insignificant.

Zaza was at least on the floor, which is more than can be said for Bogut.

I don't know if there's anyone who can properly defend LBJ single coverage without collecting fouls, but that doesn't equate to needing to add arguably the best player to team that won 73 games.

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 02:49 PM
Amazing how many troll threads appear after the finals ended. Really amazing.

KD did exactly what any one of you would have done. Big deal that he joined a team that was already the best or second best team in the league!

They still couldn't beat CLE last year despite their incredible regular season record. KD knew he wasn't going to win **** with OKC, not with CLE and GS around... Hell they probably wouldn't get passed SAS.

LeBron James has already ring chased twice by jumping to a team that he knew was gonna be nearly impossible to beat. KD is the only significant free agent GS added, and they had the money to do so after hitting big on several drafted players. It would have been crazy NOT to sign with GS.

Everyone here wants to talk about legacies and how be ruined his. **** legacies. The fact is when all is said and done, 20 years from now everyone may very well be talking about how LeBron James has more finals losses than anyone in history, and Kareem, Jordan, Kobe, Steph Curry, Durant, and more.... All have more championships than he does.

That will be all that matters.

:clap:

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 02:49 PM
So if you worked for say, Nokia, and Google called and said, "Come work for us and we'll do great things" people here would really say "Nah, I'm going to make Nokia a great company again"? Really?

colinskik
06-13-2017, 02:51 PM
Lol ok Keyboard Gangster. You really trying to yap your gums online? I'm going to just go ahead and let you argue wth yourself. I wanted to have a debate with class but obviously you're still mad at KD. Might as well get used to it because it's not going away anytime soon.

So you still have zero argument -- got it.

I'm at least bringing up substantive points. What are you doing exactly?

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 02:52 PM
Well, we're discussing the Finals, so whatever Iggy did prior is insignificant.

Zaza was at least on the floor, which is more than can be said for Bogut.

I don't know if there's anyone who can properly defend LBJ single coverage without collecting fouls, but that doesn't equate to needing to add arguably the best player to team that won 73 games.

Actually no, it does matter. Iggy is on his last legs and I was responding to comments that'd the Warriors would be heavy favorites against the Cavs NEXT YEAR without Durant.

FlashBolt
So if you worked for say, Nokia, and Google called and said, "Come work for us and we'll do great things" people here would really say "Nah, I'm going to make Nokia a great company again"? Really?

That's not the same. Athletes are judged completely different from an engineer who probably no one cares about outside of their friends/family. Athletes are judged by the millions. Sports is more competitive than some guy leaving Nokia for Google. It just is. Sports is entirely predicated on the level of integration by the fans. That emotional factor is why many saw KD's move as weak.

One Nut Kruk
Seems to me that people give James a pass because what he did wasn't "exactly" the same as what KD did.

To me, isolate him from KD's situation and he's still a b---- himself. Jumped ship on more than one occasion and did what he had to do to win. Fine by me but it's why he'll never surpass Jordan. Strange to me that people punish Durant in all time rankings but not Lebron.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 02:53 PM
Actually no, it does matter. Iggy is on his last legs and I was responding to comments that'd the Warriors would be heavy favorites against the Cavs NEXT YEAR without Durant.

You said Iggy was crap until the Finals - which means he wasn't crap in the Finals. Last legs or not, Iggy played great for the Warriors in the Finals and that's all that mattered.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 02:54 PM
Seems to me that people give James a pass because what he did wasn't "exactly" the same as what KD did.

To me, isolate him from KD's situation and he's still a b---- himself. Jumped ship on more than one occasion and did what he had to do to win. Fine by me but it's why he'll never surpass Jordan. Strange to me that people punish Durant in all time rankings but not Lebron.

Strange to me that you can't see a clear difference in what they did.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 02:56 PM

going to a team without establishment, and leading them to championships as it's unquestionable best player from day 1-end, is different than sticking the arm out and grabbing the train to Chip town. Easiest way to put it. You also have to remember what each came from as well. LeBron a dumpster fire, Durant left a team that had to pawn off a current MVP candidate, hold onto the other current MVP candidate, and give Durant enough help to win 55-60 games and contend.

There are just a lot of differences. While they both chose FA to better their position, the context, and competitiveness, are so different.

It's hard to give a guy a lot of credit when he joins an established juggernaut, even if he put up big numbers.

By the way, how many 2nd banana's (since that is what Curry is now, right?) have put up what Curry just did?

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 02:56 PM
That's not the same. Athletes are judged completely different from an engineer who probably no one cares about outside of their friends/family. Athletes are judged by the millions. Sports is more competitive than some guy leaving Nokia for Google. It just is. Sports is entirely predicated on the level of integration by the fans. That emotional factor is why many saw KD's move as weak.

I take it you don't work for Google, then.

It's essentially the same thing, from his perspective. He went to an amazing company with better coworkers and better opportunity for advancement. It's his job. You have an emotional investment in it, that's not on him. He doesn't owe you anything. He did his job, now he's doing it elsewhere.

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 02:57 PM
You said Iggy was crap until the Finals - which means he wasn't crap in the Finals. Last legs or not, Iggy played great for the Warriors in the Finals and that's all that mattered.

Read what I was responding to.

WestCoastSportz
06-13-2017, 03:00 PM
Everyone has their own way of thinking and you can't condemn someone for thinking one way or the other. Would you choose to go with a company that is the best in its category or do you join the 3rd or 4th best one to try and make it #1 knowing that may not happen? Why would anyone see the fact that Durant wanted to succeed at his career as a fault or cop out? I didn't think much of Lebron going to Miami. It was his decision and he made the decision that he thought was right for him. What I did have a problem with, and I think a lot of people are with me on this, was how he went about it with the whole TV special and The Announcement.

People talk about Durant, but fail to acknowledge the fact that Lebron is the highest paid player in the league and thats handicapping the Cavaliers. In an era where its all about the money for these athletes, you would think someone would appreciate the fact that the Warriors have this dominant team without being the team with the highest payroll. That meant a lot of players on that team, financially, sacrificed something in order to not only win, but to be a part of that franchise. Unfortunately, most athletes have that "give me the most money" attitude. Does Lebron really need $32M a year to play a game he should love when he makes $100M in endorsements? Don't get me wrong. $32M is a lot of money, but so is $25M. I guarantee that Curry won't sign a max contract this Summer although he deserves one. He's sign for much less in order to keep this team together. You can bet that Durant, when the time comes, will sign for less to stay with this team. You can't say that about Lebron.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 03:01 PM
I take it you don't work for Google, then.

It's essentially the same thing, from his perspective. He went to an amazing company with better coworkers and better opportunity for advancement. It's his job. You have an emotional investment in it, that's not on him. He doesn't owe you anything. He did his job, now he's doing it elsewhere.

No one said it was on him. But KD doesn't get to where he's at without the fans. If an employee from Nokia gets hired by Google, no one says, "I'm going to stop buying Google products or services now." No, that never happens. But KD's move was definitely one that would get fans upset. And when your entire life is predicated on the fans purchasing your product because let's be honest, how valuable is the NBA if no one watches it?

And I don't have to work for Google to understand the difference between sports and tech.

One Nut Kruk
06-13-2017, 03:04 PM
I can see the differences. Doesn't mean Lebron didn't b---- out as well. The greatest don't do what either of them did.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 03:08 PM
I can see the differences. Doesn't mean Lebron didn't b---- out as well. The greatest don't do what either of them did.

would you have given more credit to LeBron had he stayed in Cleveland and not win ****? That is his reality, his team couldn't get him better than Mo Williams the first time around.

Honest question.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 03:08 PM

The greatest couldn't because the league prevented them. Stop this nonsense. You're lying to yourself if you don't think Jordan wouldn't have dipped had he played in the league today. For Christ sake, he retired because they didn't resign Phil...

Jamiecballer
06-13-2017, 03:09 PM

no, each and every one of us would take our talents to silicon valley

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 03:11 PM
No one said it was on him. But KD doesn't get to where he's at without the fans. If an employee from Nokia gets hired by Google, no one says, "I'm going to stop buying Google products or services now." No, that never happens. But KD's move was definitely one that would get fans upset. And when your entire life is predicated on the fans purchasing your product because let's be honest, how valuable is the NBA if no one watches it?

And I don't have to work for Google to understand the difference between sports and tech.

You ARE saying it's on him that fans were emotionally invested in him. Otherwise why are you deriding him incessantly for leaving? You can't see it from his perspective.

He did his job, he got paid for it. When his contract was up, he went to a better job. He didn't force his way out, demand a trade, call out his team, throw a fit, etc.

There's no difference. Basketball is his job. You think of it as more than a job. Again, not on him.

YAALREADYKNO
06-13-2017, 03:15 PM

Thank you for this. Sick and Tide of people acting like leaving one job for another is the same **** as being judged under a microscope like how pro athletes are

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 03:15 PM
You ARE saying it's on him that fans were emotionally invested in him. Otherwise why are you deriding him incessantly for leaving? You can't see it from his perspective.

He did his job, he got paid for it. When his contract was up, he went to a better job. He didn't force his way out, demand a trade, call out his team, throw a fit, etc.

There's no difference. Basketball is his job. You think of it as more than a job. Again, not on him.

I never said it was against him. It's human instinct to put yourself in a better situation. It's also the perception of Durant in sports that fans create that makes it possible. So if fans are willing to shove money to the product, they are also allowed to view KD as a snake for joining the Warriors. You're not grasping what I'm really saying. I've never once said KD shouldn't have joined the Warriors. He did. And fans have the right to voice their opinion. KD doesn't get paid by Google. He gets paid by the NBA. Fans sponsor the NBA.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 03:18 PM
Thank you for this. Sick and Tide of people acting like leaving one job for another is the same **** as being judged under a microscope like how pro athletes are

Exactly. Idc what you are. Very few are judged on the level as an athlete because of how competitive it is. Sports is derived from the passion of fans and competition - not by how well you can program an app. The fact is, for every programmer out there, you can find ten guys like him. You're not finding another Durant on the street. If you're comparing sports to any other industry, your argument is already a moot point. There is no comparison. On principle, everyone wants to make their situation better. Hell, I can do that right now. I can stop funding my mom's retirement and say SCREW YOU. Better situation for me, I get more money. But that gives the right to my family to hate on me. That's what KD deserves.

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 03:21 PM
I never said it was against him. It's human instinct to put yourself in a better situation. It's also the perception of Durant in sports that fans create that makes it possible. So if fans are willing to shove money to the product, they are also allowed to view KD as a snake for joining the Warriors. You're not grasping what I'm really saying. I've never once said KD shouldn't have joined the Warriors. He did. And fans have the right to voice their opinion. KD doesn't get paid by Google. He gets paid by the NBA. Fans sponsor the NBA.

So he did what any of us would do, and yet he's a snake for doing it. You absolutely have a right to voice your opinion, I'm just pointing out the cognitive dissonance in looking at sports as more than a job for these athletes.

Hawkeye15
So he did what any of us would do, and yet he's a snake for doing it. You absolutely have a right to voice your opinion, I'm just pointing out the cognitive dissonance in looking at sports as more than a job for these athletes.

then Durant is simply a victim of circumstance.

ewing
I haven't like him since that time he started balling about his Mom.

redsox12
06-13-2017, 03:24 PM
Golden State gets so much hate but nobody talks about the fact that this team was built the "right" way, from the draft. Thompson, Curry, Green all draft picks, and Green was a second rounder! Durant was there first big signing in forever.

Would people have a problem is say Minnesota's young players Wiggins, Towns, and Dunn all become stars and they sign Russell Westbrook or if Philadelphia's young players Okafor, Embiid, and Simmons become stars and they sign Russell Westbrook?

That would be the same as the Warriors and what they did.

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 03:25 PM
Exactly. Idc what you are. Very few are judged on the level as an athlete because of how competitive it is. Sports is derived from the passion of fans and competition - not by how well you can program an app. The fact is, for every programmer out there, you can find ten guys like him. You're not finding another Durant on the street. If you're comparing sports to any other industry, your argument is already a moot point. There is no comparison. On principle, everyone wants to make their situation better. Hell, I can do that right now. I can stop funding my mom's retirement and say SCREW YOU. Better situation for me, I get more money. But that gives the right to my family to hate on me. That's what KD deserves.

Lol, so you're saying he had some sort of obligation to you, as a fan. He does not, as you said earlier. It's not on him that you are emotionally invested.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 03:28 PM
Lol, so you're saying he had some sort of obligation to you, as a fan. He does not, as you said earlier. It's not on him that you are emotionally invested.

You have trouble grasping simple concepts. Sports is entirely based on emotional investment. Why are you here? Because you're emotionally invested in sports. I'm not entirely sure what you're debating. KD can do what he wants. We, as fans, can say what we want. End of story. We don't have to like what KD does just because it might be the best option for him.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 03:29 PM
Golden State gets so much hate but nobody talks about the fact that this team was built the "right" way, from the draft. Thompson, Curry, Green all draft picks, and Green was a second rounder! Durant was there first big signing in forever.

Would people have a problem is say Minnesota's young players Wiggins, Towns, and Dunn all become stars and they sign Russell Westbrook or if Philadelphia's young players Okafor, Embiid, and Simmons become stars and they sign Russell Westbrook?

That would be the same as the Warriors and what they did.

I don't think anyone has an issue with GS's front office though....

TheIlladelph16
06-13-2017, 03:32 PM
Everyone has their own way of thinking and you can't condemn someone for thinking one way or the other. Would you choose to go with a company that is the best in its category or do you join the 3rd or 4th best one to try and make it #1 knowing that may not happen? Why would anyone see the fact that Durant wanted to succeed at his career as a fault or cop out? I didn't think much of Lebron going to Miami. It was his decision and he made the decision that he thought was right for him. What I did have a problem with, and I think a lot of people are with me on this, was how he went about it with the whole TV special and The Announcement.

People talk about Durant, but fail to acknowledge the fact that Lebron is the highest paid player in the league and thats handicapping the Cavaliers. In an era where its all about the money for these athletes, you would think someone would appreciate the fact that the Warriors have this dominant team without being the team with the highest payroll. That meant a lot of players on that team, financially, sacrificed something in order to not only win, but to be a part of that franchise. Unfortunately, most athletes have that "give me the most money" attitude. Does Lebron really need $32M a year to play a game he should love when he makes $100M in endorsements? Don't get me wrong. $32M is a lot of money, but so is $25M. I guarantee that Curry won't sign a max contract this Summer although he deserves one. He's sign for much less in order to keep this team together. You can bet that Durant, when the time comes, will sign for less to stay with this team. You can't say that about Lebron.

Is this whole post a damn joke?

You can't say that about Lebron? He literally did what you are describing for years in Miami. Him, Wade and Bosh all took less money in order to make their roster work. Since they were all max players, a handicap the Warriors team doesn't have to deal with, their bench was still largely crap, but they still made it work. The Warriors just lucked out that they locked their drafted players up early and the players forced the cap jump in one year rather than spreading it out over five years.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 03:33 PM

You can't say that about Lebron? He literally did what you are describing for years in Miami. Him, Wade and Bosh all took less money in order to make their roster work. Since they were all max players, a handicap the Warriors team doesn't have to deal with, their bench was still largely crap, but they still made it work. The Warriors just lucked out that they locked their drafted players up early and the players forced the cap jump in one year rather than spreading it out over five years.

LeBron wasn't the highest paid player in the NBA until this season. That guy's post is entirely a joke. Why should he give up more money since he is already giving up money. This guy is worth MUCH more than $32 million. If you can't afford him, it's your loss. Plenty of teams would send him $50 million and not bat an eye.

aman_13
06-13-2017, 03:34 PM

Yeah it is not on him but you were confused to as why people don't see it as a job. I think it's obvious why that analogy doesn't resonate with fans.

Expecting people to see it that way is unrealistic. He shoots a basketball for a living and then we watch talk shows about him and they make money off that. Fan interaction is very much part of the business. It's a very different world.

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 03:34 PM
You have trouble grasping simple concepts. Sports is entirely based on emotional investment. Why are you here? Because you're emotionally invested in sports. I'm not entirely sure what you're debating. KD can do what he wants. We, as fans, can say what we want. End of story. We don't have to like what KD does just because it might be the best option for him.

No, sports is based on entertainment value. Fandom is based on emotional investment. You wanna hate on a guy for doing what was best for him? Go for it. Fandom isn't logical.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 03:37 PM
No, sports is based on entertainment value. Fandom is based on emotional investment. You wanna hate on a guy for doing what was best for him? Go for it. Fandom isn't logical.

Entertainment value is based on fandom.. what are you not grasping? What entertainment value is there if fans aren't interested? I'm sorry but you're just making **** up at this point. Yes, I want to a hate a guy who made the best decision for himself but at the same time, made the league unwatchable. My right. You can defend him all you want. Again, you're right. You're here on a sports forum saying FANDOM isn't logical. Okay, then what are you doing in a sports forum?

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 03:39 PM
Yeah it is not on him but you were confused to as why people don't see it as a job. I think it's obvious why that analogy doesn't resonate with fans.

Expecting people to see it that way is unrealistic. He shoots a basketball for a living and then we watch talk shows about him and they make money off that. Fan interaction is very much part of the business. It's a very different world.

I'm not confused by it at all. It's cognitive dissonance. In his shoes, almost everyone would do the same thing. Yet he gets attacked for it. I understand perfectly fine, I just don't agree.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 03:41 PM
I'm not confused by it at all. It's cognitive dissonance. In his shoes, almost everyone would do the same thing. Yet he gets attacked for it. I understand perfectly fine, I just don't agree.

You are confused. You keep trying to compare sports to Google. That's hilarious.

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 03:42 PM
Entertainment value is based on fandom.. what are you not grasping? What entertainment value is there if fans aren't interested? I'm sorry but you're just making **** up at this point. Yes, I want to a hate a guy who made the best decision for himself but at the same time, made the league unwatchable. My right. You can defend him all you want. Again, you're right. You're here on a sports forum saying FANDOM isn't logical. Okay, then what are you doing in a sports forum?

Because I like basketball. I watch fencing and I couldn't tell you the name of any of the top 10 fencers. I'm a FAN of the Pacers even if they suck. Again, illogical. But that's fandom

And for the record, I was all for Reggie Miller coming out of retirement and joining Boston's big 3. Even if it would have sucked for my franchise, it would have been best for him.

aman_13
06-13-2017, 03:45 PM

I disagree with that.

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 03:47 PM
You are confused. You keep trying to compare sports to Google. That's hilarious.

You compared Durant leaving to throwing your mom out on the street. THAT is hilarious.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 03:47 PM
Because I like basketball. I watch fencing and I couldn't tell you the name of any of the top 10 fencers. I'm a FAN of the Pacers even if they suck. Again, illogical. But that's fandom

And for the record, I was all for Reggie Miller coming out of retirement and joining Boston's big 3. Even if it would have sucked for my franchise, it would have been best for him.

The thing is, sports is entirely based on conflicting arguments. It's why we have these stupid Jordan vs LeBron debates every time a thread pops up. Just because it's a good decision for Durant doesn't mean we, as fans, have to like it. I disagree with it because it ruined the NBA for me as a fan. This was probably the worst season I can recall. Again, great decision by KD. As a fan, though, this was a total bum move.

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 03:54 PM
The thing is, sports is entirely based on conflicting arguments. It's why we have these stupid Jordan vs LeBron debates every time a thread pops up. Just because it's a good decision for Durant doesn't mean we, as fans, have to like it. I disagree with it because it ruined the NBA for me as a fan. This was probably the worst season I can recall. Again, great decision by KD. As a fan, though, this was a total bum move.

Oh you certainly don't have to like the decision at all. Not what I was getting at.

One Nut Kruk
06-13-2017, 03:55 PM
would you have given more credit to LeBron had he stayed in Cleveland and not win ****? That is his reality, his team couldn't get him better than Mo Williams the first time around.

Honest question.

No, I wouldn't. But that being his reality is not acceptable to me considering they were coming off 66 and 61 win seasons before he bailed.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 04:01 PM
No, I wouldn't. But that being his reality is not acceptable to me considering they were coming off 66 and 61 win seasons before he bailed.

He was the reason they came off those win totals though. We know that. If you think a FO that had 7 years to give him anything, was coming up with better moves, I can't agree with you. LeBron left, they turned to crap, as expected.

I get people like to make the LeBron/Durant moves similar. This biggest differences for me, and they mean something, TO ME:

The Heat tossed away 1.5 seasons to open up cap space for the biggest FA summer ever.

The Warriors didn't do ****, they just happened to have $30 million in cap space fall in their lap, with a dream roster already in place. Kudos to their front office.

The equivalent of what Durant did, for LeBron, would be this for example:

LeBron leaves a team with Dwight Howard in 2010. He joins a team with Kobe, Dirk, and Joe Johnson at the time. The only thing I couldn't replicate, was LeBron joining the reigning MVP, because he was the reigning MVP. That is almost a direct copy of what Durant did, only in my scenario, Kobe, Dirk, and Joe Johnson weren't already on a team, winning 70 games, and had a championship, which of course would be the reality in my scenario.

That is literally what Durant did.

Everything about this is so different. It just is. I mean, if you want justification for the current situation, by all means, cool. What happened this past summer has never been done, and will most likely never be replicated.

aman_13
06-13-2017, 04:03 PM
If you asked KD about his feelings towards his team after they won by 28 in game 3 and 24 in game 4, I'm sure he would be very happy about his team. I don't think anyone imagined him leaving at that point. We will never know for sure but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that. That's my issue with his decision. He had the best opportunity to advance and they lost on his shoulders.

Other than that, I don't care.

da ThRONe
06-13-2017, 04:07 PM

Well the other greatest were gifted other greats. Who was LeBron gifted the first time in Cleveland? Durant was gifted Westbrook and Harden and Ibaka all those are better players than LeBron got in Cleveland the 1st go round.

papipapsmanny
06-13-2017, 04:36 PM
Again, what KD was weak, but again he just played Lebron's own game better.

Stop trying to say Lebron joining Wade/Bosh was completely different.... Noooope, KD just played that game better. Lebron teams up with two hall of fame players in their Prime, that will at least finish up with 23 combined all star appearances.

Same thing, its the same exact thing, don't call it different because KD found a better situation to make such a weak move

Chromehounds
06-13-2017, 04:37 PM
questions? You painted a scenario that wasn't the case. Durant left a mediocre situation? Gtfo dude.

KD doesn't get squat for credit from me, "leading" a team that already won a title and 73 games without him, sorry.

I have spent countless strokes on the keyboard painting the obvious differences between anything LeBron did, and what Durant did. If you don't see it, cool. LeBron never stuck his arm out and caught the championship express on the way by. Durant did. Literally.

Are people shocked at my opinion? I have been stating it for a year, why would it change now, after they won?

Well, you are entitled to your opinion. So let's agree to disagree.
I don't see KD as a person that rides someone else's coat tail. He picked a situation that's best for him, the team and KD compliments each other. After watching the series, I'm not sure if the W's could have beaten the Cavs without KD.

Now let's see if CP3 joins the Spurs, would be must watch TV for sure!
Wait, hope that's not a sold out move! ;)

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 04:43 PM
Well, you are entitled to your opinion. So let's agree to disagree.
I don't see KD as a person that rides someone else's coat tail. He picked a situation that's best for him, the team and KD compliments each other. After watching the series, I'm not sure if the W's could have beaten the Cavs without KD.

Now let's see if CP3 joins the Spurs, would be must watch TV for sure!
Wait, hope that's not a sold out move! ;)

I see it differently. We can probably leave it at that. You should be happy today. Don't let me thinking your SF is a woman impact that.. :)

WestCoastSportz
06-13-2017, 04:50 PM

Its a joke because you refuse to acknowledge that doing what the Warriors did financially, isn't easy and it all starts with the contracts. You just said it yourself. And exactly how much less did Lebron, Wade and Bosh take? They took $2.5M less per year.

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 05:33 PM
He was the reason they came off those win totals though. We know that. If you think a FO that had 7 years to give him anything, was coming up with better moves, I can't agree with you. LeBron left, they turned to crap, as expected.

I get people like to make the LeBron/Durant moves similar. This biggest differences for me, and they mean something, TO ME:

The Heat tossed away 1.5 seasons to open up cap space for the biggest FA summer ever.

The Warriors didn't do ****, they just happened to have $30 million in cap space fall in their lap, with a dream roster already in place. Kudos to their front office.

The equivalent of what Durant did, for LeBron, would be this for example:

LeBron leaves a team with Dwight Howard in 2010. He joins a team with Kobe, Dirk, and Joe Johnson at the time. The only thing I couldn't replicate, was LeBron joining the reigning MVP, because he was the reigning MVP. That is almost a direct copy of what Durant did, only in my scenario, Kobe, Dirk, and Joe Johnson weren't already on a team, winning 70 games, and had a championship, which of course would be the reality in my scenario.

That is literally what Durant did.

Everything about this is so different. It just is. I mean, if you want justification for the current situation, by all means, cool. What happened this past summer has never been done, and will most likely never be replicated.

It could be argued that Lebron, as VP of the NBAPA and one of the 50 player representatives to vote down cap smoothing so he could get an extra $5M/yr and screw the rank and file players over, gave the Warriors the cap space to sign Kevin Durant. Slightly off topic, but I found it ironic.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 05:38 PM
It could be argued that Lebron, as VP of the NBAPA and one of the 50 player representatives to vote down cap smoothing so he could get an extra $5M/yr and screw the rank and file players over, gave the Warriors the cap space to sign Kevin Durant. Slightly off topic, but I found it ironic.

that would be sweet justice haha

MassoDio
06-13-2017, 05:50 PM
What I find funny is watching people who vehemently defended LeBron for his "Decision" now chidding Durant for making his. Those who got their panties in a bunch when people called LeBron a coward for "Teaming up" and "Colluding", but are now the same ones with "coward" dripping off their lips every other word when talking about Durant.

The circumstances were very different. Their situations were different. Their intent in making their respective move, was exactly the same. They both had the same thought. "How can I be part of team that is so good that the rest of the league has no chance." The avenue that each had to try to accomplish that was different. But make no mistake, they were both trying to do the same thing.

That all being said...every fan absolutely has the right to like or dislike a player for any reason they deem fit. Fan is short for fanatic and fanaticism is by definition irrational. Being a fan of a team/athlete is an emotional endeavor for most people. That leads to some fans seeing things differently than others, especially when those things involve something negative happening to their team.

mightybosstone
06-13-2017, 06:04 PM
I voted "yes," solely because I can't think of a worst instance of a player bailing on a very good supporting cast with another superstar that could feasibly content for a title in any given season to play for a better team. Was it a lame move for the league that will make the NBA less interesting for the next 5-10 years? Absolutely.

That being said, I still don't blame Durant for making the move. It's his life and his legacy. Say what you will, but looking at the results of the decision over the last 11 months, how can we possibly say it wasn't the right move for him? He's got the championship monkey off his back and he's playing for a team that's clearly embraced his talent next to other superstars that complement his game better. AND he's in a much bigger media market on top of it all.

It was absolutely the right move for him, and I don't knock the guy for it. In his shoes, I might have done the same thing. And for anyone who suggests that he's somehow a lesser player or person for making the decision, ask yourself this question: Have you ever criticized an all-time great player for not winning a championship? If the answer is "yes" (and I can pretty much guarantee that it is), then you're partially to blame here. As a society of sports fans, we've built up this insane, unfair expectation that every all-time great player needs to win a trophy or it somehow damages his legacy.

da ThRONe
06-13-2017, 06:36 PM
What I find funny is watching people who vehemently defended LeBron for his "Decision" now chidding Durant for making his. Those who got their panties in a bunch when people called LeBron a coward for "Teaming up" and "Colluding", but are now the same ones with "coward" dripping off their lips every other word when talking about Durant.

The circumstances were very different. Their situations were different. Their intent in making their respective move, was exactly the same. They both had the same thought. "How can I be part of team that is so good that the rest of the league has no chance." The avenue that each had to try to accomplish that was different. But make no mistake, they were both trying to do the same thing.

That all being said...every fan absolutely has the right to like or dislike a player for any reason they deem fit. Fan is short for fanatic and fanaticism is by definition irrational. Being a fan of a team/athlete is an emotional endeavor for most people. That leads to some fans seeing things differently than others, especially when those things involve something negative happening to their team.

The difference is creating a superteam versus joining a superteam. It's that simple. It's one thing to walk into the gym with your boys and run the gym. It's another to lose and join the team that's running the gym.

MassoDio
06-13-2017, 07:14 PM
The difference is creating a superteam versus joining a superteam. It's that simple. It's one thing to walk into the gym with your boys and run the gym. It's another to lose and join the team that's running the gym.

In my opinion, that difference is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Intent is all I care about...and the intent was the same for both. But as I said in my previous post...fans see things differently than one another.

MJNetsIsles
06-13-2017, 07:17 PM
I'm glad the poll is saying "No"

Durant went for a ring and won.

Kudos to him. He got his ring.

tredigs
06-13-2017, 07:27 PM
that would be sweet justice haha

Not "would be", he was instrumental in the process along with CP3.

alkalinesolo
06-13-2017, 07:43 PM
LMAO some of y'all salty as ****. KD is probably loving the taste of your tears.

da ThRONe
06-13-2017, 08:56 PM
In my opinion, that difference is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Intent is all I care about...and the intent was the same for both. But as I said in my previous post...fans see things differently than one another.

In the grand scheme of things every shot is meant to go in. Yet there are good shots and bad shots and good shooters and bad shooters. There are levels. Really what player intends to lose? Yet how many in their prime leave a great team to go to the best team in basketball let alone one as great as Durant?

MassoDio
06-13-2017, 10:08 PM
In the grand scheme of things every shot is meant to go in. Yet there are good shots and bad shots and good shooters and bad shooters. There are levels. Really what player intends to lose? Yet how many in their prime leave a great team to go to the best team in basketball let alone one as great as Durant?

I guess i have to lay it out a little more, because i feel like you are intentionally boiling this down to the essence of sports, when that is not what I am saying at all. Of course the intent is to make shots, win, etc. My point is that they both, beyond child understanding of sports, had the same intent to create a team that couldn't be challenged. Not to create a great team...but to create one that nullified competitive balance. LeBron intended to do that with the team up. It was long planned. They believed that the three of them teaming up would accomplish that. It didn't do as well as they thought. (Still damn successful though) Durant did the same thing. His has started off well. LeBron is still ahead of him in titles to this point though. Still....same intent...to nullify compeititive balance. Walk to a finals win.

da ThRONe
06-13-2017, 11:01 PM
I guess i have to lay it out a little more, becauae i feel like you are intentionally boiling this down to the essence of sports, when that is not what I am.saying at all. Of course the intent it to make shots, win, etc. My point is that they both, beyond child understanding of sports, had the same intent to create a team that couldn't be challenged. Not to create a great team...but to create one that nullified competitive balance. LeBron intended to do that with the team up. It was long planned. They believed that the three of them teaming up would accomplish that. It didn't do as well as they thought. Durant dis the same thing. His has started off well. LeBron is still ahead of him in titles to this point though. Still....same intent...to nullify compeititive balance. Walk to a finals win.

Here's the difference in the grand scheme. Mia was barely a playoff team and Cle wasn't a playoff team without LeBron deciding to go there. Warriors would have been the favorites to win it all without Durant. LeBron presence on a team makes them significantly better that's what happens when you're a generational talent in hoops. Irving and Love without James is barely a playoff team. Warriors without Durant is still title contenders there's a huge difference there.

MassoDio
06-13-2017, 11:19 PM
Here's the difference in the grand scheme. Mia was barely a playoff team and Cle wasn't a playoff team without LeBron deciding to go there. Warriors would have been the favorites to win it all without Durant. LeBron presence on a team makes them significantly better that's what happens when you're a generational talent in hoops. Irving and Love without James is barely a playoff team. Warriors without Durant is still title contenders there's a huge difference there.

I already acknowledged that their circumstances were different. You are just repeating the same argument that I said didn't matter to me. They had the same intent in what they chose to do. I am not talking about who was more successful in their intent...just that they were both trying to do the same thing. And that is really all I care about. I'm not going to down Durant and give LeBron a pass. Either I knock them both or neither of them. That is the way I see it. You can still say Durant is a coward and poor LeBron....but for me....doing that would be being hypocritical, so I won't do it.

In the end...i don't think either of them are as competitive as I would like in a top of the totem pole athlete...but then...athletes in this generation as a whole don't have the same type of competitive fire as athletes 2 decades ago. They all make so much money now that it isn't as important to fight for everything they get. It's just the nature of a sport becoming more profitable.

da ThRONe
06-13-2017, 11:26 PM
I already acknowledged that their circumstances were different. You are just repeating the same argument that I said didn't matter to me. They had the same intent in what they chose to do. I am not talking about who was more successful in their intent...just that they were both trying to do the same thing. And that is really all I care about. I'm not going to down Durant and give LeBron a pass. Either I knock them both or neither of them. That is the way I see it. You can still say Durant is a coward and poor LeBron....but for me....doing that would be being hypocritical, so I won't do it.

In the end...i don't think either of them are as competitive as I would like in a top of the totem pole athlete...bit then...athletes in this generation as a whole don't have the same type of competitive fire as athletes 2 decades ago. They all make so much money now that it isn't as important to fight for everything they get. It's just the nature of a sport becoming more profitable.

Again if you want to look at it from a black and white situation and say well they both changed teams therefore their actions are one in the same it's your prerogative. In life like in all things contexts has to be factored in. The fact that you agree there's an actual difference should be the end of the discussion. You're basically saying yes there's a difference, but you refuse to acknowledge the difference which makes no sense to me. However so long as it make sense to you that's all that matters.

MassoDio
06-13-2017, 11:35 PM
Again if you want to look at it from a black and white situation and say well they both changed teams therefore their actions are one in the same it's your prerogative. In life like in all things contexts has to be factored in. The fact that you agree there's an actual difference should be the end of the discussion. You're basically saying yes there's a difference, but you refuse to acknowledge the difference which makes no sense to me. However so long as it make sense to you that's all that matters.

No I'm not saying I am refusing to acknowledge it...im saying it doesn't matter. Intent in something is not making something black and white. Intent is extremely important. It seems that you are the one making intent a black and white thing...when it isn't. But we can agree to disagree. I'm not emotionally invested in either player. Which is why I find the hypocracy and lack of acknowledgement of the intent of each player, a funny thing.

lol, please
06-13-2017, 11:42 PM
Poll speaks for itself. Fail bait thread is fail.

KingPosey
06-13-2017, 11:58 PM

Wasn't as close as it seemed lol? they were down 3-1. You cant say, "I know theyre about to be blown out of this series right now at 3-1, but really when you look at it theyre kinda dominating OKC, its really not close."

lol huh?

da ThRONe
06-13-2017, 11:59 PM
No I'm not saying I am refusing to acknowledge it...im saying it doesn't matter. Intent in something is not making something black and white. Intent is extremely important. It seems that you are the one making intent a black and white thing...when it isn't. But we can agree to disagree. I'm not emotionally invested in either player. Which is why I find the hypocracy and lack of acknowledgement of the intent of each player, a funny thing.

Every player wants to win. It not hypocritical to point out the lack of competitiveness in one players decision versus another. Teaming up on a subpar team to raise it to contenders to beat the team that knock you out of the playoffs shows competitiveness. Joining a team that's already the title favorites when that team just knock you out after you choked away a 3-1 lead is cowardly.

tredigs
06-14-2017, 12:10 AM
I'd also note that it is funny that PSD as an admin/mod crew have just accepted the fact that they are the low-brow of sport's forums and are rolling with it.

lakerfan85
06-14-2017, 12:12 AM
KD's dad must have been drunk as hell when he hooked up with that hot babe Wanda...