PDA

View Full Version : Why isnt anyone copying the Warriors?

nastynice
06-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Why don't people copy our formula? Long agile bodies that can switch up on defense, and motion offense.

Like look at the Cavs, they're still playing that iso, kick, drive ****, and then wondering why lebron is so gassed. They give him the ball and there's virtually zero off the ball movement outside of setting a pick for him and getting to a spot.

It seems like such a simple formula. The talent gap between us and them isn't as big as most people think, the difference is how we play. We got KD passing the ball to mccaw with 20 on the clock. We got steph borderline ignoring three all star all nba teammates in order to force a Javale McGee a touch as soon as he subs in. We're a legit team, we keep our guys active and involved. Cavs play that harden ball, keep ur boys ice cold all game/possession and expect them to hit shots when asked to

Until other teams start copying this formula, I think we gonna wreck this league. We even giving Ian Clark important 4th q minutes. Funny how good no namers become once they on the Warriors. Our stars understand how to elevate no namers. It's what made curry better than harden 2 years ago, it's why we are possibly in the early stages of lebron finally passing that torch off.

kdspurman
06-09-2017, 01:32 PM
You mean how you guys copied our formula? ;) You guys and Atlanta were the teams to try and go in that direction after the success we had.

Having said that, it takes a certain type of team and personnel to play that style. It's not as easy as it sounds to make it work. But it should be something teams work towards absolutely

FOXHOUND
06-09-2017, 01:37 PM
Milwaukee is trying, but they don't have the shooters to match lol.

And yes, the Spurs did it first. :D

hugepatsfan
06-09-2017, 01:40 PM
The Warriors do have an amazing system. That's why they won a title 2 years ago and then 73 games last year (only the peak performance from arguably the GOAT could make them barely lose a 7 game series). Then KD went there and made not only the system amazing but the talent gap every bit as massive as people are saying.

Warriors players have a special set of skills. It's not easily replicated. Tough to find so many great players where it isn't better to just let the superstar go. CLE runs iso because Lebron/Kyrie doing that is better than a ball movement offense if the guys moving the ball are TT, JR Smith, Shumpert, RJ, Frye. Those guys just aren't very good other than as shooters

hugepatsfan
06-09-2017, 01:42 PM
I think if BOS is fortunate enough to land Hayward they can stylistically run the GS ball movement offense:

IT/Bradley/Hayward/Crowder/Horford

The talent level isn't even close though so it won't be nearly as effective.

FOXHOUND
06-09-2017, 01:46 PM
The Warriors do have an amazing system. That's why they won a title 2 years ago and then 73 games last year (only the peak performance from arguably the GOAT could make them barely lose a 7 game series). Then KD went there and made not only the system amazing but the talent gap every bit as massive as people are saying.

Warriors players have a special set of skills. It's not easily replicated. Tough to find so many great players where it isn't better to just let the superstar go. CLE runs iso because Lebron/Kyrie doing that is better than a ball movement offense if the guys moving the ball are TT, JR Smith, Shumpert, RJ, Frye. Those guys just aren't very good other than as shooters

You conveniently forgot Kevin Love on your list, who was 2nd Team All-NBA and carried Minnesota to a top 10 offense before he got to Cleveland. The Cavs play the way they do because that's how LeBron likes to play, and always has.

Gibby23
06-09-2017, 01:47 PM
They have probably 2 of the best shooters ever and they also defend. The shooting helps so much and when they are all time great shooters it just makes everything else look easy

metswon69
06-09-2017, 01:49 PM
Its not so much the system as it is the talent.

TheDish87
06-09-2017, 01:55 PM
Lakers tried and failed miserably

Hawkeye15
06-09-2017, 02:14 PM
because it's not easy to draft players that end up HOF'ers, all NBA, and all stars? It's not easy to lure the best FA in the game?

Vee-Rex
06-09-2017, 02:39 PM
Cap spike = Durant, = 3-0 lead in the finals, otherwise the Warriors might be down 2-1 right now (they'd have lost game 3 for sure without him).

Warriors have an amazing system but it did take a little luck as well to end up with the players they have right now.

hugepatsfan
06-09-2017, 02:44 PM
You conveniently forgot Kevin Love on your list, who was 2nd Team All-NBA and carried Minnesota to a top 10 offense before he got to Cleveland. The Cavs play the way they do because that's how LeBron likes to play, and always has.

Love is kind of weird. I don't know that he's really a "ball movement" guy. It seems he gets his shots off of spot up shots, post ups and put backs. I always felt that in MIN too. A post up is basically an iso for a big guy. The spot up 3s and put backs come off of the iso plays. So I think his game isn't really conducive to a lot of ball movement. That last year in MIN he had an assist per game spike so maybe it's in there somewhere. CLE's gotta try to bring it out.

tredigs
06-09-2017, 02:44 PM
Cap spike = Durant, = 3-0 lead in the finals, otherwise the Warriors might be down 2-1 right now (they'd have lost game 3 for sure without him).

Warriors have an amazing system but it did take a little luck as well to end up with the players they have right now.
In many ways they manifested their own luck by trusting the right players and resigning Curry when the injuries were mounting, by making the right trades (Bogut in - Monta out), and by drafting/developing extremely well. The KD signing happened only because all of those things happened before hand, and a culture that is highly appealing to free agents was put in place. Where they truly lucked out is in cultivating star players who put their ego 2nd to the team. Leaders like Iguodala willing to take a bench role helped cultivate that as well.

But regardless, their path can't be mimicked without the talent. Their basic plan, yes, but it's next to impossible to hit on every level that the Warriors have. And even going into the 73 win season, this was not a team people truly believed in. Everybody thought it was the Cavs for the taking (followed by San Antonio). Turns out they were halfway right. Things change quickly in the NBA.

FOXHOUND
06-09-2017, 02:46 PM

I would take that bet, that Cavs win games 2 and 3 with Barnes in place of Durant.

Every team needs a little luck. Cavs needed to win three #1 picks and have LeBron happen to have been born in Cleveland to get where they are lol.

Hawkeye15
06-09-2017, 02:50 PM
Love is kind of weird. I don't know that he's really a "ball movement" guy. It seems he gets his shots off of spot up shots, post ups and put backs. I always felt that in MIN too. A post up is basically an iso for a big guy. The spot up 3s and put backs come off of the iso plays. So I think his game isn't really conducive to a lot of ball movement. That last year in MIN he had an assist per game spike so maybe it's in there somewhere. CLE's gotta try to bring it out.

While I defended Love when he was in MN, his defense was always such an issue. He is an excellent offensive player. He struggles to get his own shot, but otherwise, he is really good offensively. On defense, he can rebound, and he isn't even that bad 1-1, in the post (can't block a shot, but he uses his body well). The problem is when you get him on the move, or make him defend in space, he is terrible. So while I think he probably puts up top 10-15 player numbers as a top option, I can't possibly put him in the upper tier of players in the game. He is clearly not a #1. And when we measure players that came from bad teams putting up huge numbers, it's "can they perform the same in the biggest stage". Well, it's easy to pound the Nets in January. It's not so easy to remain elite in June.

Which is why I say, Love/Irving are legit help, and good enough to compete with in most years, but LeBron/Love/Irving/rest of Cavs, is still a weak champion overall. On paper (and seemingly in reality), they stand zero chance against the current Warriors, and the only reason they won last year was Irving overachieved, LeBron did his thing, and GS straight up **** the bed and choked. The better team lost last year, which happens from time to time.

FOXHOUND
06-09-2017, 02:58 PM

They would have to completely revamp their offense by featuring Love more heavily in the post and having a lot of back door plays, give and go's, etc ran to unlock that passing again. Basically, use him like Golden State uses Draymond Green on offense.

They can do it, but that would also require LeBron and Kyrie to do what Durant and Curry do in terms of all of their off the ball work and they just aren't those type of players. They are ISO and PnR players, through and through. The results are pretty damn good, but it does make you wonder if there is some hidden potential locked away on that team.

hugepatsfan
06-09-2017, 03:06 PM
They would have to completely revamp their offense by featuring Love more heavily in the post and having a lot of back door plays, give and go's, etc ran to unlock that passing again. Basically, use him like Golden State uses Draymond Green on offense.

They can do it, but that would also require LeBron and Kyrie to do what Durant and Curry do in terms of all of their off the ball work and they just aren't those type of players. They are ISO and PnR players, through and through. The results are pretty damn good, but it does make you wonder if there is some hidden potential locked away on that team.

Is Love that type of guy though? His last year in MIN he got 4.4 assists per game but before that his career high was 2.5. APG wise he's right in line with his career from MIN in CLE. Now, passing is more than assists. But I'm just not sure Love really is that Draymond Green type of player as a passer.

Hawkeye15
06-09-2017, 03:07 PM
Is Love that type of guy though? His last year in MIN he got 4.4 assists per game but before that his career high was 2.5. APG wise he's right in line with his career from MIN in CLE. Now, passing is more than assists. But I'm just not sure Love really is that Draymond Green type of player as a passer.

Love is a great passer if given a little time to set it. He isn't a great passer with the quick flicks type deal though, or making a split decision and being accurate..

Hustla23
06-09-2017, 03:13 PM
I tend to agree. I think the Warriors collectively are greater than their individual parts. Does anyone care about Draymond if he played on the Kings? Would Klay be as successful being fed by Reggie Jackson?

They're just insane to watch right now. The offense is so seamless and fluid. I don't think there's even any realistic way to defend them.

Vee-Rex
06-09-2017, 03:22 PM
Which is why I say, Love/Irving are legit help, and good enough to compete with in most years, but LeBron/Love/Irving/rest of Cavs, is still a weak champion overall. On paper (and seemingly in reality), they stand zero chance against the current Warriors, and the only reason they won last year was Irving overachieved, LeBron did his thing, and GS straight up **** the bed and choked. The better team lost last year, which happens from time to time.

I'd say they were a pretty strong champion - what you saw in the finals was them overcoming a team that matched up extremely well with them. Most teams are unable to both defend their high powered offense AND exploit their defense in the ways needed to win, and the Warriors had the perfect pieces to do so. They still have the perfect pieces except add Durant to the team.

Also, Kyrie didn't overachieve in the finals last year. He put up:

27/4/4 in the finals last year on 46.8%FG, 40.5% 3pt, and 2.6 turnovers. He averaged 22 FGA per game.

For the entire 2016-17 regular season he averaged 25/6/3 on 47.3%FG, 40.1%3pt, and 2.5 turnovers. He averaged 19.7 FGA per game.

So minus 2 FGA he's averaging the exact same for an entire year. That's not overachieving. Everyone thinks of the 41 point game and think he played out of his mind for the entire series and it's just false. In the 3 losses vs. GS last year he averaged 23/3/3 on 40%FG and 23%3pt.

Edit: If anything, he's UNDERACHIEVING in this year's finals (29.3%3pt), but I give all the credit to Klay in those regards.

Also, believe it or not, the 2017 Cavs are better than the 2016 Cavs. GS is just that one matchup that makes us look normal and their addition of KD was enormous. They're the better team - doesn't mean that this Cleveland team is a weak one or a weak champion.

Hawkeye15
06-09-2017, 03:38 PM
I'd say they were a pretty strong champion - what you saw in the finals was them overcoming a team that matched up extremely well with them. Most teams are unable to both defend their high powered offense AND exploit their defense in the ways needed to win, and the Warriors had the perfect pieces to do so. They still have the perfect pieces except add Durant to the team.

Also, Kyrie didn't overachieve in the finals last year. He put up:

27/4/4 in the finals last year on 46.8%FG, 40.5% 3pt, and 2.6 turnovers. He averaged 22 FGA per game.

For the entire 2016-17 regular season he averaged 25/6/3 on 47.3%FG, 40.1%3pt, and 2.5 turnovers. He averaged 19.7 FGA per game.

So minus 2 FGA he's averaging the exact same for an entire year. That's not overachieving. Everyone thinks of the 41 point game and think he played out of his mind for the entire series and it's just false. In the 3 losses vs. GS last year he averaged 23/3/3 on 40%FG and 23%3pt.

Edit: If anything, he's UNDERACHIEVING in this year's finals (29.3%3pt), but I give all the credit to Klay in those regards.

Also, believe it or not, the 2017 Cavs are better than the 2016 Cavs. GS is just that one matchup that makes us look normal and their addition of KD was enormous. They're the better team - doesn't mean that this Cleveland team is a weak one or a weak champion.

Kyrie overachieved, because he actually played defense to an acceptable level. He is for sure not playing that well outside game 3 this year.

Of the 35 finals winners, I think last year's Cleveland team was in the bottom 10. But what is the difference, it's still a ring.

Scoots
06-09-2017, 03:44 PM
The Warriors openly stole some of the offense from the Spurs and mixed in some D'Antoni and some Triple-post ... the offensive system isn't the issue ... it's the players IN the system, and Ron Adams defense enabled by a bunch of 6'6" and 6'7" very smart defensive minded players.

If you started with the Warriors "system" it would look very different with the Celtics or Bucks players anyhow.

WestCoastSportz
06-09-2017, 04:51 PM
This team would be hard to replicate because there just isn't another player like Curry in the league and Kerr has done a great job of getting him his shots whether its through staggered screens, pick and rolls or in transition. Teams have been trying to copy the style of play by just jacking up 3 pointers, but the results haven't been the same. Players that are versatile, like Green. that are willing to do the dirty work don't come around to often as well and he's the glue of this cohesive unit. All these players coming into the league are so focused on scoring. Its all about stretch 4s nowadays. The last person that had the same game as Green was a young Boris Diaw when he was in Phoenix. At 6'8, he was that point forward that also guarded centers as well as guards and didn't have to score to be effective.

If a team is going to try and replicate this team, they'll need the right personnel to do it first and thats the hardest part because they're not going to find another Curry or Green and they'll more than likely won't find another Durant. Thompson is the only player that can found. A streak shooter that plays great defense isn't that hard to find, but its also how they utilize him as well.

If I had to just pick out any 5 players in the league to build a team that is a close resemblance of the Warriors:

Kyle Lowry PG- The only other point guard to take a lot of 3s and hit them at a good clip (41%).

Kyle Korver SG - Offensively, he does a lot of what Klay does. He's a great streak shooter that can make them in bunches if left open and at a high percentage. Neither are gifted ball handlers, passers or rim attackers. Neither are great rebounders or athletes and both are 6'7. The biggest difference is on the defensive end where Korver won't be able to do with Klay does.

Paul George SF - He's not 7 foot like Durant, but their games are very similar.

Blake Griffin PF - This is where it would be impossible to match, but Blake is a great passer at the power forward spot. He's not the defender that Green is, but much better offensively.

Marc Gasol C - This is where it would be an upgrade no matter what name i put here because Pachulia and Mcgee both don't get a lot of minutes, but a center that can pass out of the high post is must and Gasol is one of the best there is in today's game.

mrblisterdundee
06-09-2017, 04:53 PM

That's more a product of Cleveland's system. I would argue Love is one of the best big man passers in the NBA. If Cleveland does bring it out, they'll be much better. The real issue with Love is whether he can be a consistently passable defender.

JasonJohnHorn
06-09-2017, 04:56 PM
I don't know why teams haven't been using off-the-ball screens for years.

I remember just playing pick-up ball, I use to set plays at the top of the key and have guys come of screens... you do a high-pick and roll where a guy cuts back, you end up with 2 or 3 guys with open shots.

Off-the-ball movement has almost always been under-utilized in the NBA.

Gibby23
06-09-2017, 05:22 PM
Lakers tried and failed miserably

That is a pretty stupid thing to say, unless you expected it to happen in year 1. You should know better as a fan of a team that has sucked for long stretches in each of the past few decades.

Vee-Rex
06-09-2017, 05:58 PM
Kyrie overachieved, because he actually played defense to an acceptable level. He is for sure not playing that well outside game 3 this year.

Of the 35 finals winners, I think last year's Cleveland team was in the bottom 10. But what is the difference, it's still a ring.

In the 2015-16 finals, his defense only involved hard-trapping Steph on the PnR.

This year, the Cavs haven't been able to do that with KD as the threat on the floor and not Barnes.

His defense wasn't any better last year than this year, it's just that the Cavs can no longer implement the same aggressive-style defense that made him appear better last year.

He hadn't overachieved in last year's finals at all and the stats support that.

FOXHOUND
06-09-2017, 06:22 PM
In the 2015-16 finals, his defense only involved hard-trapping Steph on the PnR.

This year, the Cavs haven't been able to do that with KD as the threat on the floor and not Barnes.

His defense wasn't any better last year than this year, it's just that the Cavs can no longer implement the same aggressive-style defense that made him appear better last year.

He hadn't overachieved in last year's finals at all and the stats support that.

Give it time, we'll be back to Kyrie Irving for Kyle Lowry talks in no time. :laugh2:

Scoots
06-09-2017, 07:52 PM
This team would be hard to replicate because there just isn't another player like Curry in the league and Kerr has done a great job of getting him his shots whether its through staggered screens, pick and rolls or in transition. Teams have been trying to copy the style of play by just jacking up 3 pointers, but the results haven't been the same. Players that are versatile, like Green. that are willing to do the dirty work don't come around to often as well and he's the glue of this cohesive unit. All these players coming into the league are so focused on scoring. Its all about stretch 4s nowadays. The last person that had the same game as Green was a young Boris Diaw when he was in Phoenix. At 6'8, he was that point forward that also guarded centers as well as guards and didn't have to score to be effective.

If a team is going to try and replicate this team, they'll need the right personnel to do it first and thats the hardest part because they're not going to find another Curry or Green and they'll more than likely won't find another Durant. Thompson is the only player that can found. A streak shooter that plays great defense isn't that hard to find, but its also how they utilize him as well.

If I had to just pick out any 5 players in the league to build a team that is a close resemblance of the Warriors:

Kyle Lowry PG- The only other point guard to take a lot of 3s and hit them at a good clip (41%).

Kyle Korver SG - Offensively, he does a lot of what Klay does. He's a great streak shooter that can make them in bunches if left open and at a high percentage. Neither are gifted ball handlers, passers or rim attackers. Neither are great rebounders or athletes and both are 6'7. The biggest difference is on the defensive end where Korver won't be able to do with Klay does.

Paul George SF - He's not 7 foot like Durant, but their games are very similar.

Blake Griffin PF - This is where it would be impossible to match, but Blake is a great passer at the power forward spot. He's not the defender that Green is, but much better offensively.

Marc Gasol C - This is where it would be an upgrade no matter what name i put here because Pachulia and Mcgee both don't get a lot of minutes, but a center that can pass out of the high post is must and Gasol is one of the best there is in today's game.

Diaw's game was unique ... there were similarities to Draymond, but boy are they not the "same game".

Put LeBron in instead of Griffin and I think you are closer to Draymond, and it (along with Gasol) makes up for the deficiencies at PG and SG and SF. Then you have the issue of that team being considerably older than the Warriors to start.

Scoots
06-09-2017, 07:53 PM
That's more a product of Cleveland's system. I would argue Love is one of the best big man passers in the NBA. If Cleveland does bring it out, they'll be much better. The real issue with Love is whether he can be a consistently passable defender.

The problem with Love in Cleveland is that his favorite spot on the floor is LeBron's spot too, and Love wants the ball in his hands to facilitate for his team ... the same as LeBron.

eDush
06-10-2017, 12:12 AM

The problem with Love in Cleveland is that his favorite spot on the floor is LeBron's spot too, and Love wants the ball in his hands to facilitate for his team ... the same as LeBron.
And all this time I thought it was his defense or lack thereof :nod:

nastynice
06-10-2017, 12:13 AM
I stand corrected. Apparently having all shooters is the way to go. Holy crap!

lol, please
06-10-2017, 12:14 AM
Why don't people copy our formula? Long agile bodies that can switch up on defense, and motion offense.

Like look at the Cavs, they're still playing that iso, kick, drive ****, and then wondering why lebron is so gassed. They give him the ball and there's virtually zero off the ball movement outside of setting a pick for him and getting to a spot.

It seems like such a simple formula. The talent gap between us and them isn't as big as most people think, the difference is how we play. We got KD passing the ball to mccaw with 20 on the clock. We got steph borderline ignoring three all star all nba teammates in order to force a Javale McGee a touch as soon as he subs in. We're a legit team, we keep our guys active and involved. Cavs play that harden ball, keep ur boys ice cold all game/possession and expect them to hit shots when asked to

Until other teams start copying this formula, I think we gonna wreck this league. We even giving Ian Clark important 4th q minutes. Funny how good no namers become once they on the Warriors. Our stars understand how to elevate no namers. It's what made curry better than harden 2 years ago, it's why we are possibly in the early stages of lebron finally passing that torch off.

First of all, because teams don't have to.

Why do you feed this myth that there is only one way to win in the NBA at any given time? lol.

nastynice
06-10-2017, 02:25 PM
First of all, because teams don't have to.

Why do you feed this myth that there is only one way to win in the NBA at any given time? lol.

I don't think there's one way, but you'd think people see that perimeter length and what it does for us, and try and replicate it.

Everyone tried it with our 3 ball.

eDush
06-10-2017, 02:54 PM
After last night...we all like why ain't teams copying the Cavs now. It's all about ISO :nod:

Quinnsanity
06-10-2017, 11:29 PM
Wait, nobody is trying to copy the Warriors? What the hell? Why is Nic Batum a max player then? Why did Luol Deng get $70 million? Why did Evan Fournier get $85 million? EVERYONE is trying to copy the Warriors. They're just not as good at it as they are. Long athletes who can shoot are all the rage right now. They're also in short supply. It's really hard to get a unanimous MVP point guard along with three wings who double as lockdown defenders and ace three-point shooters, all of whom can also dribble and pass. Everyone in the league would love to copy that formula. The players just aren't widely available to everyone. Hence, the contracts above. If they were a dozen Klay Thompsons then the original wouldn't be as valuable. The reason that the Warriors are so good isn't that they've found some secret formula to winning basketball games. It's that they have unbelievable talent, so much so that teams are willing to pay out the nose to get players who even slightly resemble what they have.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-11-2017, 08:40 AM

Bucks been going tall and lanky back with Sanders, Henson, Giannis. Besides Middleton at 6'8" can play SG/SF and small ball PF. Then we had MCW at PG who was tall but couldn't shoot. We gave the Warriors fits 2 years ago. Almost beat them twice. Was the team that broke their early winning streak as well as the Grizzlies streak. Also this thread doesn't make much since talking tall and lanky when Warriors go small ball. Bucks been playing position less basketball for a while now. Its nothing new. Now we got Maker that can hit the 3. Its just a waiting game now for when the shoe to drop for when Warriors have to owe up and pay up the BIG4 or break it up.

PhillySportFan
06-11-2017, 03:17 PM
If you take KD and Klay away from the Warriors they could play the same system and they wouldn't beat the Cavs. System is only relevant if you have the talent to win. Nobody except the Cavs has a shot at beating the Warriors because of talent not system. I'd rather copy KD, Steph, etc then the system. I could put those guys in any system and win.

eDush
06-11-2017, 03:26 PM
If you take KD and Klay away from the Warriors they could play the same system and they wouldn't beat the Cavs. System is only relevant if you have the talent to win. Nobody except the Cavs has a shot at beating the Warriors because of talent not system. I'd rather copy KD, Steph, etc then the system. I could put those guys in any system and win.If you replace Klay with Steph you can get real close...trust me :nod:

SteBO
06-11-2017, 04:31 PM
If by copy the Warriors, you mean strike gold on 3 draft picks and take advantage of a cap spike that allows you to sign arguably the second best player on planet earth.....then yeah, you know why.

Not every team can do everything right and that's exactly what the Dubs have done. They won 73 games last year & were a game away from repeating with their main three guys being drafted. An amazing feat....

HandsOnTheWheel
06-11-2017, 04:56 PM
because it's not easy to draft players that end up HOF'ers, all NBA, and all stars? It's not easy to lure the best FA in the game?

This.

If by copy the Warriors, you mean strike gold on 3 draft picks and take advantage of a cap spike that allows you to sign arguably the second best player on planet earth.....then yeah, you know why.

Not every team can do everything right and that's exactly what the Dubs have done. They won 73 games last year & were a game away from repeating with their main three guys being drafted. An amazing feat....
..and this.

/thread

Scoots
06-11-2017, 09:14 PM
And all this time I thought it was his defense or lack thereof :nod:

Love's D has actually been good in these playoffs.

Jamiecballer
06-11-2017, 10:44 PM
Love's D has actually been good in these playoffs.
You've tasted it, huh.

I'm sorry, I had no choice there folks

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

FOXHOUND
06-11-2017, 11:05 PM
You've tasted it, huh.

I'm sorry, I had no choice there folks

:laugh2:

Even though it's the lowest hanging fruit for a joke here, it still never fails to make me chuckle. I must be 12-years old.

Jamiecballer
06-12-2017, 08:41 AM
:laugh2:

Even though it's the lowest hanging fruit for a joke here, it still never fails to make me chuckle. I must be 12-years old.
12 - going on 35 here. Aside - I don't know why but it annoys me when people refer to defense as though it's a possession.

hayley1988
06-12-2017, 10:42 AM
Lots of teams are trying to copy it. The problem is, they don't have the talent for it.

Also, I don't think the Warriors are going to be beaten by a clone. When the Warriors dynasty goes down, I'm also positive it'll be by a more traditional defense-oriented team. Something like the 2000s Pistons, only more talented.

Hawkeye15
06-12-2017, 10:56 AM
Lots of teams are trying to copy it. The problem is, they don't have the talent for it.

Also, I don't think the Warriors are going to be beaten by a clone. When the Warriors dynasty goes down, I'm also positive it'll be by a more traditional defense-oriented team. Something like the 2000s Pistons, only more talented.

I am with you that I think a conflicting type team will catch them at some point, a team they have issues matching up with for example. That would mean a dominant big man, and excellent perimeter defenders..