PDA

View Full Version : This whole thing that will inevitably happen when Golden State wins

joedaheights
06-09-2017, 12:23 PM
"Would they beat the 96 Bulls"... well, a few things...

1) KD joining the Warriors would be like if the Bulls beat the Jazz and then the Jazz added Shaq in the 97 offseason in free agency. Would they beat the Bulls in 98? Yes. Would Jordan still be the best PLAYER like Lebron is the best PLAYER now? Yes.

2) Were the 96 Bulls even remotely Jordan and Pippen at their best?

God no. Jordan had lost a full 2 steps from 1991.. they only had more wins than the 92 Bulls because the league became overexpanded and saw too many stars depart who were not replaced by equivalent stars. The Best the Bulls ever were was in the 91 Postseason and 92 Regular season.

3) If you are asking the question "would a recruited super team that wins 73 games THEN adds a top 20 player (at minimum) beat Jordan's Bulls"... remember, Jordan is still the best INDIVIDUAL player. You could have made a team in 1992 of Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, Glen Rice, Steve Smith and Kevin Johnson and beat the Bulls. But the best PLAYER would still be Michael Jordan.

So, drop the Warriors in 1996. Do they, with their super sissy move of adding Durant beat the Bulls? Yes. Does Jordan go out in the offseason, recruit a defensive role playing 1 guard and Shaquille O'neal (who was a free agent) and do the Bulls then laugh in the Warriors face the following year? YES.

Jordan was better than any one player on the Warriors. Jordan and Pippen were better than any two players on the Warriors. If I am a GM preparing for the Warriors starting with the 91 Bulls roster.. I can drop Cartwright and Paxson and add WAY LESS than a Kevin Durant and still beat GSW.

4) On Lebron? As a Jordan fan, I feel for him. I don't think that that means you basically do what Kobe fans always wanted you to do and pretend he actually WON a title this year when he didnt.. but would 91 Jordan replace Lebron and beat these easy-way-out taking losers? The series might be closer but no, he probably loses.

5) But Lebron did it too.

They're all wrong. Lebron when he joined Miami, KD now...

BUT remember what they saw... they saw the lack of any context of a ring in Kobe's career with comparisons to MJ.

Kobe won in 2000 riding the coattails of Shaquille O'neal THAT year more than Pippen ever rode Jordan, and all the media said was "hey, Kobe had a ring before the age at which Jordan was a rookie." Did they stop and ask if Mitch Richmond in his prime could have replaced Kobe and the Lakers still win? No. They went on with this "Kobe at 22 = 3 rings, Jordan at 22 = 0" garbage...

Lebron saw that. And KD followed. So blame the garbage media for sucking at their jobs on all counts.

That is all... this is terrible for the league.

AllBall
06-09-2017, 12:30 PM
Are we allowing the real defense of the 90s, handchecking etc?

Bulls in 4.

Scoots
06-09-2017, 12:43 PM

Bulls in 4.

Maaaaaaaybe 5.

Are we playing current rules? Warriors in 5, maybe 6.

tredigs
06-09-2017, 12:44 PM
Another whine thread? Shocking.

Holydiver
06-09-2017, 12:45 PM
I can't imagine the whining and crying that todays Lebron and Durant would do if they were time warped back to the 80's and 90's and forced to play basketball/football. Lebron has been so coddled his whole career. MJ was abused physically and it is a miracle he lasted as long as he did.

archdevil84
06-09-2017, 12:59 PM
I can't imagine the whining and crying that todays Lebron and Durant would do if they were time warped back to the 80's and 90's and forced to play basketball/football. Lebron has been so coddled his whole career. MJ was abused physically and it is a miracle he lasted as long as he did.

lebron has received quite the contact over all the years where he freight trains to the basket..

AllBall
06-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Maaaaaaaybe 5.

Ha, if we allow current rules that would be mean also no handcuffs for Bulls.

Scoots
06-09-2017, 01:14 PM
lebron has received quite the contact over all the years where he freight trains to the basket..

Nothing CLOSE to what it used to be like.

FOXHOUND
06-09-2017, 01:18 PM
On your coat tail nonsense about Kobe and Mitch Richmond (lol), I think you need to rewatch game 7 of the 2000 WCF vs Portland.

On your defense of LeBron in 2010 by saying he saw Kobe get fair credit for the 3peat by the media (lol), I think you don't remember history at all.

LeBron wanted to make an easy path by creating a super team that would crush the competition, simple as that. Durant basically did the same thing, paved by the path laid by LeBron those many years ago. People try to compare the Warriors roster to the Heat's roster directly but ignore the context of the competition at the time. Take LeBron and Kobe off Miami and LA and you have Wade and Bosh vs Pau and Odom (lol). The Lakers and Celtics were two very old rosters that were bound to fall off soon regardless, and both did by the 2011 postseason.

Of course, none of that mattered anyways because DIRK, YO!

The convo of would this team beat this team from another era is always nothing but fun. Ultimately, the answer lies on which team you like/hate more. The Warriors are an all-time great team, that's all that matters.

joedaheights
06-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Maaaaaaaybe 5.

Against 92 Jordan and Pippen and Grant with the ability to recruit say Greg Anthony and 92 Rodman?

Bulls in 5 with any rules... 90s rules? A sweep where the warriors quit

joedaheights
06-09-2017, 01:30 PM
On your coat tail nonsense about Kobe and Mitch Richmond (lol), I think you need to rewatch game 7 of the 2000 WCF vs Portland.

On your defense of LeBron in 2010 by saying he saw Kobe get fair credit for the 3peat by the media (lol), I think you don't remember history at all.

LeBron wanted to make an easy path by creating a super team that would crush the competition, simple as that. Durant basically did the same thing, paved by the path laid by LeBron those many years ago. People try to compare the Warriors roster to the Heat's roster directly but ignore the context of the competition at the time. Take LeBron and Kobe off Miami and LA and you have Wade and Bosh vs Pau and Odom (lol). The Lakers and Celtics were two very old rosters that were bound to fall off soon regardless, and both did by the 2011 postseason.

Of course, none of that mattered anyways because DIRK, YO!

The convo of would this team beat this team from another era is always nothing but fun. Ultimately, the answer lies on which team you like/hate more. The Warriors are an all-time great team, that's all that matters.

What Kobe did in the three peat was nothing like what Jordan did ... do you really want to discuss your boy who lost two series in which he shot 38%? That's bad for jalen Rose!

joedaheights
06-09-2017, 01:34 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nl7E5fc-4kE

43:00 - Start here and tell me how hard it would be for those two to beat Dell's son

FOXHOUND
06-09-2017, 01:41 PM
What Kobe did in the three peat was nothing like what Jordan did ... do you really want to discuss your boy who lost two series in which he shot 38%? That's bad for jalen Rose!

lol are you still in MJ vs Kobe mode? It's 2017.

Hawkeye15
06-09-2017, 02:38 PM
Nothing CLOSE to what it used to be like.

yet guys his height that weighed 70 lbs less scored 20+ a night.

Cmon, LeBron in the 80's would have been a video game.

metswon69
06-09-2017, 02:53 PM
I feel like all these threads could just be one giant conglomerate mega thread. Its all the same about how Lebron isn't as good as Jordan, that teams of different eras could beat the Warriors, that KD took the easy way out to form a super team, etc.

FOXHOUND
06-09-2017, 03:02 PM
I feel like all these threads could just be one giant conglomerate mega thread. Its all the same about how Lebron isn't as good as Jordan, that teams of different eras could beat the Warriors, that KD took the easy way out to form a super team, etc.

True, but I'm sad that I missed the Warriors vs God thread. :sad2:

SanPitte
06-09-2017, 04:07 PM

Bulls in 4.

if we're playing with today's rules, so today's pace, Warriors in 4, maybe 5
if we're playing with the mid 90s' rules,so with a closer 3pt line, Warriors in 4

but that doesn't change the fact that MJ is the GOAT

KnickNyKnick
06-09-2017, 05:01 PM
Any of Jordans 90's team beats the GSW in that ERA and this one. Its insane to think differently. But Lebron in that Jordan Era? I think Lebron is still lebron in any Era.

joedaheights
06-09-2017, 05:10 PM
lol are you still in MJ vs Kobe mode? It's 2017.

I wasn't until someone decided to defend the whole "Kobe led the lakers in 2000"/minor passive aggressive variations of said idea ... idea

joedaheights
06-09-2017, 05:14 PM
yet guys his height that weighed 70 lbs less scored 20+ a night.

Cmon, LeBron in the 80's would have been a video game.

And if those guys had access to the hormones, both in the food and artificial of today.. they'd weigh more as well.

I'm not hating on Lebron, I think he will retire second best ever ... but you can't watch him in high school and then today and say "oh yeah, he naturally went from looking like Scottie Pippen at 18 to looking like Karl Malone"...

I don't buy that the physicality alone would have stopped Lebron. It was the way the league pretended not to see it and the cumulative mental affect of knowing you're about to get plowed...

Hawkeye15
06-09-2017, 05:21 PM
And if those guys had access to the hormones, both in the food and artificial of today.. they'd weigh more as well.

I'm not hating on Lebron, I think he will retire second best ever ... but you can't watch him in high school and then today and say "oh yeah, he naturally went from looking like Scottie Pippen at 18 to looking like Karl Malone"...

I don't buy that the physicality alone would have stopped Lebron. It was the way the league pretended not to see it and the cumulative mental affect of knowing you're about to get plowed...

funny you mention that. My brother saw him play in person when he was 17. His comment to me?

"dude, this kid is 6'6", and must weigh 220 lbs already. He has the body of a 30 year old man".

joedaheights
06-09-2017, 09:23 PM
funny you mention that. My brother saw him play in person when he was 17. His comment to me?

"dude, this kid is 6'6", and must weigh 220 lbs already. He has the body of a 30 year old man".

Head scratcher how you could read the original post as "I think Lebron ain't ****" lol