PDA

View Full Version : Durant's Warriors vs Thomas' Bad Boy Pistons in 7: Who wins?

LOb0
06-08-2017, 01:08 AM
Lol, please lock this.

lol, please
06-08-2017, 01:09 AM
Two most elite defensive PO teams in history. This is in the Pistons' era, not the modern era. Warriors jump back in time to play in that eras rules.

Discuss.

FlashBolt
06-08-2017, 01:10 AM
Is this a stupid troll question? That Bad Boy Pistons team weren't even THAT good. And IT would be the third best player in the series. Warriors sweep them. Bad Boy Pistons can play dirty all they want but you can't stop this offense. No one can. You need at least 8 guys defending to stop this Warriors team. To me, this is another ego-boost from this joke of a poster. This guy just feeds off of these questions. Your Warriors team is legendary, we get it. Be happy about it and stop playing possum asking these stupid questions. What's next? Who's better, KD and Curry or Delonte West and Mo Williams? Jesus...

Jeffy25
06-08-2017, 01:12 AM
this is ridiculous, of course the Dubs roll all over them. They would probably sweep them, I doubt any game is closer than 20.

Maybe Green fouls out of each game collects enough techs to be suspended, but the Pistons would never defend the perimeter or score anywhere close to enough to contend.

I'd say average game 115-92.

Though, Green vs Rodman would be super fun to watch

JordansBulls
06-08-2017, 01:14 AM
Bad Boys in 5 for sure, just a better team and more potent. Would lock up Curry and Durant with Dumars and Rodman on them.

lol, please
06-08-2017, 01:15 AM
this is ridiculous, of course the Dubs roll all over them. They would probably sweep them, I doubt any game is closer than 20.

Maybe Green fouls out of each game collects enough techs to be suspended, but the Pistons would never defend the perimeter or score anywhere close to enough to contend.

Pistons era.

FlashBolt
06-08-2017, 01:18 AM

Laimbeer and Pachulia would be hilarious. Pachulia may crap his pants LMAO...

goingfor28
06-08-2017, 01:21 AM
You seriously make the most awful threads.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
06-08-2017, 09:50 AM
Warriors in 4. The Pistons couldn't keep up scoring pace with them, and don't have the perimeter defenders to stop the constant ball on a string offense.

We have to remember teams built for their era/competition. There wasn't a team like the Warriors, with 3 guys who could shoot from 30, and a big man who could shoot, dribble, and create. The Pistons wouldn't know what to do, and would just start trying to get overly physical. Bad matchup for Detroit.

Sly Guy
06-08-2017, 09:58 AM
if you go back into the era, I take the pistons. I think a lot of players would have a hard time dealing with that level of physicality. Draymond and Iggy being the exception.

Mr.B
06-08-2017, 10:09 AM
The better question is how would these Warriors match up with the '86 Celtics team.

MJNetsIsles
06-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Warriors win and it's not even close.

warfelg
06-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Is this a joke?

Hawkeye15
06-08-2017, 10:41 AM
The better question is how would these Warriors match up with the '86 Celtics team.

Yep. That is the single team in history that I think could challenge the current Warriors. Boston's sheer size would mean GS couldn't use death lineups at all. Boston would never be able to keep with the perimeter shooters/playmakers on the Warriors, but I am quite certain layups and paint shots go in at a higher rate than 3's, by a lot.

However, that is why saying team A, versus team B, from totally different eras, doesn't work. If you tossed GS back to 1990, they would obviously have to adjust their roster. As would a team from 1990 now. There is no need to have a trench big man who can't guard the PnR today, in fact, that kills you.

But on paper, the gigantic Celtics 86' lineup couldn't be guarded near the rim. And I might, just might, take that team over the current Dubs.

tp13baby
06-08-2017, 10:42 AM
This is getting to the point some people shouldn't be allowed to post threads.

Heediot
06-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Pistons keep it closer vs. Cleveland.

If you allow Rodman and Dumars to body up KD and Curry, it makes things harder for them. The Warriors game is not dependent on too many drives so they can avoid plenty of dirty fouls and hacks. Dray and Zaza would probably benefit from some of the rule changes.

GS defense can hold its own too. GS in 6.

Mr.B
06-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Yep. That is the single team in history that I think could challenge the current Warriors. Boston's sheer size would mean GS couldn't use death lineups at all. Boston would never be able to keep with the perimeter shooters/playmakers on the Warriors, but I am quite certain layups and paint shots go in at a higher rate than 3's, by a lot.

However, that is why saying team A, versus team B, from totally different eras, doesn't work. If you tossed GS back to 1990, they would obviously have to adjust their roster. As would a team from 1990 now. There is no need to have a trench big man who can't guard the PnR today, in fact, that kills you.

But on paper, the gigantic Celtics 86' lineup couldn't be guarded near the rim. And I might, just might, take that team over the current Dubs.

Not to mention Bird would be the best shooter on the floor. That '86 Celtics team could easily play in this era. I'm not saying it would be a sweep but Celtics would definitely handle this Warriors team.

Hawkeye15
06-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Not to mention Bird would be the best shooter on the floor. That '86 Celtics team could easily play in this era. I'm not saying it would be a sweep but Celtics would definitely handle this Warriors team.

Bird would actually fight for 3rd best shooter. That is sad....

Or course if Bird were brought up and was playing today in his prime, I would think he would be a different player, utilizing the 3 more (ie, working on it more offseason, and be even better at it).

The Celtics would need to adjust what they had today with that roster. They had too many slow bigs to defender the PnR, and would make trades/have signed different players.

But the thought of GS trying to play Green at Center with Bird, Parish/Walton, and McHale on the floor, is scary for GS. Just as scary as having one of those bigs try and guard Durant haha

Mr.B
06-08-2017, 02:17 PM
Bird would actually fight for 3rd best shooter. That is sad....

Or course if Bird were brought up and was playing today in his prime, I would think he would be a different player, utilizing the 3 more (ie, working on it more offseason, and be even better at it).

The Celtics would need to adjust what they had today with that roster. They had too many slow bigs to defender the PnR, and would make trades/have signed different players.

But the thought of GS trying to play Green at Center with Bird, Parish/Walton, and McHale on the floor, is scary for GS. Just as scary as having one of those bigs try and guard Durant haha

Who says they would play by today's rules though? This is a hypothetical and in my hypothetical they would be playing by the rules in place in '86. McHale would absolutely destroy Green and Zaza.

Same goes for the Pistons. Playing 80's rules basketball the Warriors wouldn't stand a chance against the Bad Boys. Their defense would lock down that whole team. Then if Curry, Thompson, or KD even thought about getting hot someone was going to get hurt.

Hawkeye15
06-08-2017, 02:24 PM
Who says they would play by today's rules though? This is a hypothetical and in my hypothetical they would be playing by the rules in place in '86. McHale would absolutely destroy Green and Zaza.

Same goes for the Pistons. Playing 80's rules basketball the Warriors wouldn't stand a chance against the Bad Boys. Their defense would lock down that whole team. Then if Curry, Thompson, or KD even thought about getting hot someone was going to get hurt.

If you moved the current Warriors team back to 1986, their roster would be different. They would for sure flip one of their all NBA perimeter players for a big trench man.

That is why I brought up, the makeup of these all timer teams changes if you just suddenly toss them in a different era. Talent wise, GS still has more than Boston did. Matchup wise, if you make zero trades, it's a push to me. I might take Boston, though again, they don't have the speed on defense to keep the Warriors from getting plenty of open looks, and to keep them out of the paint (collapsing the defense). On the flip side, GS doesn't have the size, so their shots need to be falling at a decent rate for even them.

FlashBolt
06-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Only ones refuting how great this Warriors team are just trying to say LeBron lost against an inferior team. That's all it is.

WaDe03
06-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Bad Boys in 5 for sure, just a better team and more potent. Would lock up Curry and Durant with Dumars and Rodman on them.

Lmao! You're the type of guy who literally thinks every player and team from your golden era are better than anyone right now. I can already tell.

Mr.B
06-08-2017, 08:22 PM
Lmao! You're the type of guy who literally thinks every player and team from your golden era are better than anyone right now. I can already tell.

You can't tell me that a prime Rodman vs Green wouldn't be fun to watch.

WaDe03
06-08-2017, 11:00 PM
You can't tell me that a prime Rodman vs Green wouldn't be fun to watch.

I never said anything along those lines lol.

Looking at your sig, RIP OJ Mayo. He should've been something special.

papipapsmanny
06-08-2017, 11:08 PM
Probably the Warriors, but you have to take the rules into account. It would be much easier just defending out on the three and even if they fake a jumper to drive Durant and Curry have someone waiting there to rock them. Their bodies would last about a half.

Too hard to compare because of the different rules, but thinking the Warriors would just do what they do now again that Pistons team with those rules, would be pretty stupid

lol, please
06-09-2017, 12:03 AM

I actually mention in the OP that this matchup is in the 80's lol.

Gibby23
06-09-2017, 12:09 AM

Showtime was better than that team. Lol. You act impartial and like you have all this knowledge but don't even mention the best team of the 80s. Lol

Gibby23
06-09-2017, 12:10 AM

Lol. You think Wade is still good. Probably think he is rated pretty high all time also.

Gibby23
06-09-2017, 12:12 AM
If you moved the current Warriors team back to 1986, their roster would be different. They would for sure flip one of their all NBA perimeter players for a big trench man.

That is why I brought up, the makeup of these all timer teams changes if you just suddenly toss them in a different era. Talent wise, GS still has more than Boston did. Matchup wise, if you make zero trades, it's a push to me. I might take Boston, though again, they don't have the speed on defense to keep the Warriors from getting plenty of open looks, and to keep them out of the paint (collapsing the defense). On the flip side, GS doesn't have the size, so their shots need to be falling at a decent rate for even them.

Lol. Stop. KD and Steph are the best 2 players on that series.

Saddletramp
06-09-2017, 05:59 AM
Showtime was better than that team. Lol. You act impartial and like you have all this knowledge but don't even mention the best team of the 80s. Lol

Oh, the irony.

The Warriors would roll (unless you take the 3 pointers away because hardly anyone was utilizing it at the time, so it'd be a different game for them). And even if the Pistons won, we get so more nut kicking and sliding under shooters. When the going gets tough, the "tough" get cheap shots.

ewing
06-09-2017, 08:38 AM
you cant compare eras. the bad boys were before a computer figured out it is harder to defend 5 guys that are spread out as apposed to 5 guys standing together.

Hawkeye15
06-09-2017, 09:28 AM

No, it wasn't. I would take the 86' Celtics over any of the top Laker squads from the 80's. Not by a lot, but I would take them. Like LeBron's teams, we never really got to see the Lakers play against much competition until the finals, so we can only judge them by their finals opponents, not the earlier rounds.

Hawkeye15
06-09-2017, 09:30 AM
Lol. Stop. KD and Steph are the best 2 players on that series.

I will take Bird over either.

Hawkeye15
06-09-2017, 09:33 AM
you cant compare eras. the bad boys were before a computer figured out it is harder to defend 5 guys that are spread out as apposed to 5 guys standing together.

well, the rule changes man. No zone back then, hand checking allowed. Physicality was just another foul, so a few teams, like the Pistons, used it constantly. It took mental fortitude to overcome it (of which we know Durant has none). Would Curry, or Durant, be able to sustain a high level of play and patience getting knocked around? Green might get himself arrested by game 2. Klay would be fine I think.

Overall, I think the sheer speed, and shooting of GS would be too much. But it would be fun to see Curry, and Durant, deal with being pushed, and grabbed non stop. A guy like LeBron, would adjust pretty easy, him hitting back works. Curry and Durant weigh what, 100 lbs combined? Even if they tried to get physical, it would be like your little sister hitting you.

FOXHOUND
06-09-2017, 09:39 AM
well, the rule changes man. No zone back then, hand checking allowed. Physicality was just another foul, so a few teams, like the Pistons, used it constantly. It took mental fortitude to overcome it (of which we know Durant has none). Would Curry, or Durant, be able to sustain a high level of play and patience getting knocked around? Green might get himself arrested by game 2. Klay would be fine I think.

Overall, I think the sheer speed, and shooting of GS would be too much. But it would be fun to see Curry, and Durant, deal with being pushed, and grabbed non stop. A guy like LeBron, would adjust pretty easy, him hitting back works. Curry and Durant weigh what, 100 lbs combined? Even if they tried to get physical, it would be like your little sister hitting you.

Absolutely not, but like you said completely different eras. Only thing is that you're ignoring that if they came up during the same time that they would be completely different people/players and would also be used to that. Same as vice versa.

I don't think current LeBron would adjust that well either, given that he constantly whines and complains in today's NBA, let alone dealing with all the stuff you're mentioning. LeBron complains more on the court than Curry and Durant combined, if we're being honest.

Hawkeye15
06-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Absolutely not, but like you said completely different eras. Only thing is that you're ignoring that if they came up during the same time that they would be completely different people/players and would also be used to that. Same as vice versa.

I didn't ignore that actually, I agree with you. If you tossed the current Warriors back to 1991, they would make (or have constructed) roster changes. And vice versa, in the age of the big trench man being useless, a team from the early 90's would make roster adjustments today.

I add that in nearly every time I post when the subject spans different era's...

edit (your 2nd part added): Dude, NBA players have whined literally forever. Lebron would have zero problem with the physicality. He plays as big of bully ball as you can in the modern era, I can't imagine him having any problems yesterday.

Flailing has been learned by this generation. It doesn't come naturally. It works to draw fouls, guys have picked it up. 20 years ago, they wouldn't have learned that annoying behavior in the first place.

FOXHOUND
06-09-2017, 09:47 AM
I didn't ignore that actually, I agree with you. If you tossed the current Warriors back to 1991, they would make (or have constructed) roster changes. And vice versa, in the age of the big trench man being useless, a team from the early 90's would make roster adjustments today.

I add that in nearly every time I post when the subject spans different era's...

edit (your 2nd part added): Dude, NBA players have whined literally forever. Lebron would have zero problem with the physicality. He plays as big of bully ball as you can in the modern era, I can't imagine him having any problems yesterday.

Flailing has been learned by this generation. It doesn't come naturally. It works to draw fouls, guys have picked it up. 20 years ago, they wouldn't have learned that annoying behavior in the first place.

Yeah you do, you're right.

Of course LeBron physically would be fine in every era, he's the most physically gifted perimeter player of all time, IMO. Not everyone whines like he does though, or flops. Even though Curry and Durant are string beans, that's one thing you can't say that they do out there. Curry does his pouty chew on his mouthpiece thing or whatever, and Durant is basically emotionless at all times haha.

ewing
06-09-2017, 09:47 AM

I agree with you I was just mocking one of the popular things to say around here

Hawkeye15
06-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Yeah you do, you're right.

Of course LeBron physically would be fine in every era, he's the most physically gifted perimeter player of all time, IMO. Not everyone whines like he does though, or flops. Even though Curry and Durant are string beans, that's one thing you can't say that they do out there. Curry does his pouty chew on his mouthpiece thing or whatever, and Durant is basically emotionless at all times haha.

yeah, but anyone who plays sports knows some people are talkers, some NEVER talk.

I see Curry whining plenty, he does it more so with his body. Durant never talks, speaks, anything. But physicality has bothered him in the past. Honestly great players usually figure it out, I just think those 2 are so physically weak, it would matter 20 years ago. That being said, they both probably take weight training much more seriously if they played in an era where you needed to physically fend people off.

I just don't think LeBron has any issues, anytime. In fact, this is probably the worst era for him to play in, considering zone, floor spacing, etc, which plays into his biggest weakness. The open 80's-90's, with zero zone allowed, would help him even more imo. Fouling someone hard is cool, but when they are as big as you and coming at you 100 mph, it hurts you too...

Hawkeye15
06-09-2017, 09:53 AM
I agree with you I was just mocking one of the popular things to say around here

I THINK you and I are roughly the same age? I am 41.

I just wanna see Green versus Rodman, Edwards, Salley, or Mahorn. I just want to see him totally lose his **** haha

GREATNESS ONE
06-09-2017, 09:54 AM
Warriors would SWEEP! Just like they're gone SWEEP tonight!

Mr.B
06-09-2017, 09:55 AM

So would I.

FOXHOUND
06-09-2017, 09:59 AM
yeah, but anyone who plays sports knows some people are talkers, some NEVER talk.

I see Curry whining plenty, he does it more so with his body. Durant never talks, speaks, anything. But physicality has bothered him in the past. Honestly great players usually figure it out, I just think those 2 are so physically weak, it would matter 20 years ago. That being said, they both probably take weight training much more seriously if they played in an era where you needed to physically fend people off.

I just don't think LeBron has any issues, anytime. In fact, this is probably the worst era for him to play in, considering zone, floor spacing, etc, which plays into his biggest weakness. The open 80's-90's, with zero zone allowed, would help him even more imo. Fouling someone hard is cool, but when they are as big as you and coming at you 100 mph, it hurts you too...

The physicality would both him for sure. At the same time everyone was more skinny back then. Guys like Alex English managed fine being skinny. Now the 90's, they would be pancakes haha.

If you put modern LeBron into the 80's, it would be ****ed up. Any clip of Jordan in the early/mid 80's is pretty laughable with how physically far ahead he was of everyone.

Hawkeye15
06-09-2017, 10:05 AM
The physicality would both him for sure. At the same time everyone was more skinny back then. Guys like Alex English managed fine being skinny. Now the 90's, they would be pancakes haha.

If you put modern LeBron into the 80's, it would be ****ed up. Any clip of Jordan in the early/mid 80's is pretty laughable with how physically far ahead he was of everyone.

that is why I find it awesome to watch a guy like Dr. J. Like literally, you could cut off his left hand, and it wouldn't have mattered, and his pure skill level was so unimpressive. Yet he was a prolific scorer because he was just such a better athlete. We had guys like Bernard King (one of my faves), who was a bowling ball of average athleticism, who scored at will. Imagine LeBron in the track meet of the 80's. He would have put up numbers that looked like a video game. But could he have worn those shorts? Eh, not so sure

Gibby23
06-09-2017, 10:27 AM
No, it wasn't. I would take the 86' Celtics over any of the top Laker squads from the 80's. Not by a lot, but I would take them. Like LeBron's teams, we never really got to see the Lakers play against much competition until the finals, so we can only judge them by their finals opponents, not the earlier rounds.

But nobody cares what you would take. Most people, writers, and experts would take one of the Showtime teams.

Hawkeye15
06-09-2017, 10:30 AM
But nobody cares what you would take. Most people, writers, and experts would take one of the Showtime teams.

do you have anything, at all, to back up your claim?

Gibby23
06-09-2017, 10:30 AM

KD would destroy him on both ends. And Curry would destroy whoever guards him.

They are both better than Bird, just because that was your favorite player doesn't make his skill set better than these two. Quit passing of your opinion like it is some kind of fact.

Hawkeye15
06-09-2017, 10:32 AM

They are both better than Bird, just because that was your favorite player doesn't make his skill set better than these two. Quit passing of your opinion like it is some kind of fact.

I assume you were one of the ones fighting for LeBron over Bird 3-4 years ago?

You sure are ornery the last day or two.

Gibby23
06-09-2017, 10:32 AM

Do you? Showtime teams are consistently mentioned as some of the greatest teams, always ranked in front of any Celtics team. Again, quit letting your opinion get in the way of facts.

Gibby23
06-09-2017, 10:34 AM
I assume you were one of the ones fighting for LeBron over Bird 3-4 years ago?

You sure are ornery the last day or two.

LeBron is better than Bird he was 3 or 4 years ago. I don't argue for it, but I agree that LeBron passed Bird after he won his 1st ring.

Gibby23
06-09-2017, 10:43 AM

Looked it up. Most people have that Cs team better than Showtime. I apologize. Lol

GREATNESS ONE
06-09-2017, 10:53 AM

For real! Who wouldn't take ShowTime?

They could beat these Dubs.

GREATNESS ONE
06-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Looked it up. Most people have that Cs team better than Showtime. I apologize. Lol

**** that! Don't apologize! I hate those Celtics! Grrrrr!!! ShowTime baby!

Mr.B
06-09-2017, 10:58 AM

You're clearly too young to have watched Bird play. He was a better shooter than KD, and MUCH better defender, rebounder, passer, and leader than KD. The only thing KD has on prime Bird is height and athleticism.

https://youtu.be/YVSI1_eVuhs

Gibby23
06-09-2017, 11:01 AM
You're clearly too young to have watched Bird play. He was a better shooter than KD, and MUCH better defender, rebounder, passer, and leader than KD. The only thing KD has on prime Bird is height and athleticism.

I watched Bird. I'm 37. KD is a better basketball player.

Gibby23
06-09-2017, 11:01 AM
**** that! Don't apologize! I hate those Celtics! Grrrrr!!! ShowTime baby!

Lol

FOXHOUND
06-09-2017, 11:14 AM

That makes an enormous difference, tbh. I mean, Michael Cooper's 6'5, 170 pound *** isn't doing much vs Kevin Durant. :laugh2:

ewing
06-09-2017, 11:15 AM
I THINK you and I are roughly the same age? I am 41.

I just wanna see Green versus Rodman, Edwards, Salley, or Mahorn. I just want to see him totally lose his **** haha

I'm south of 40 for another year and half

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-09-2017, 11:42 AM
The only teams that would have a chance against this Warriors team is probably Showtime Lakers in their prime, Shaq + Kobe Lakers in their prime, Bird's Celts in their prime, or of course Jordan's Bulls in their prime.

LA4life24/8
06-09-2017, 12:17 PM
If were playing the old school rules its a tough series. I still think the warriors win in 6 or 7 because they could probably out run n gun the pistons making it hard for em to get physical w em. Tough call either way. This one i give advantage to warriors.

LA4life24/8
06-09-2017, 12:20 PM
The only teams that would have a chance against this Warriors team is probably Showtime Lakers in their prime, Shaq + Kobe Lakers in their prime, Bird's Celts in their prime, or of course Jordan's Bulls in their prime.

Yeah thats pretty much my thoughts. 86 celts. 95-96 bulls 00-01 lakers and pick your poison of showtime. I think those lebron heat team would actually put up a hell of a fight too. As would the bad boy pistons