PDA

View Full Version : Cavs went scoreless in the final 3 minutes.

LOb0
06-08-2017, 12:36 AM
Lets just end this LeBron goat talk right now. He'll have to settle for #2. I was so damn mad when he kept passing the ball. Your season is on the line, shoot the f***ing ball.

MiamiBoy77
06-08-2017, 12:38 AM
In before close. Cavs blew a 3:10 lead?

The_Franchise13
06-08-2017, 12:52 AM
Warriors were scoreless for the same amount or greater in game 7 last year...

Also, did Iggy get his revenge block? LOL

LOb0
06-08-2017, 12:53 AM
Warriors were scoreless for the same amount or greater in game 7 last year...

Also, did Iggy get his revenge block? LOL

Yeah Jordan would've closed that as well rather than Kyrie needing to hit a 3.

LOb0
06-08-2017, 12:55 AM
Nevermind giving credit to the Warriors though.

:rolleyes:

Do I need to? You're about to go undefeated in the PO. Bron still choked this game away.

lol, please
06-08-2017, 12:55 AM
Nevermind giving credit to the Warriors though.

:rolleyes:

LA_Raiders
06-08-2017, 12:59 AM
More like #9

Bostonjorge
06-08-2017, 01:02 AM
More like #9
Let's not go over board. He's at most #11.

The_Franchise13
06-08-2017, 01:05 AM
Let's be real, when it's all said and done, Lebron will be #2.

Quirks aside, dude is a monster player who makes perfect basketball plays. He's not Jordan. Not wired like Jordan, but his own unique player who should be appreciated. As a fan of a team who's had to play Lebron in the finals 3 straight years, he's down right terrifying.

lol, please
06-08-2017, 01:07 AM
Says let's be real, says something ridiculous immediately afterwards. lol.

More-Than-Most
06-08-2017, 01:30 AM
32/12/12 on 60 percent shooting

38/10/9 on 55 plus percent shooting

kept durant in check most of the game

against the best team ever... should have had about 9 more assists but guys cant drain wide open shots. jordan on this cavs team would have tried another sport after game 2 or spent a billion dollars sending a rocket into space looking for the real monstars

The_Franchise13
06-08-2017, 01:34 AM

against the best team ever... should have had about 9 more assists but guys cant drain wide open shots. jordan on this cavs team would have tried another sport after game 2 or spent a billion dollars sending a rocket into space looking for the real monstars

Nah, he would've just bet on the UNDER every game :shush:

Bostonjorge
06-08-2017, 01:37 AM
Nah, he would've just bet on the UNDER every game :shush:

For sure Jordan shows up for the last 3 mins. In fact he's probably dreaming of having a opportunity like this every day since someone told him that ball he's holding is called a basketball.

FlashBolt
06-08-2017, 01:38 AM
Let's be real, when it's all said and done, Lebron will be #2.

Quirks aside, dude is a monster player who makes perfect basketball plays. He's not Jordan. Not wired like Jordan, but his own unique player who should be appreciated. As a fan of a team who's had to play Lebron in the finals 3 straight years, he's down right terrifying.

Wow, a Warriors fan who didn't say anything bad about LeBron. Interesting. Props to you man, hard to resist the temptation to troll when your team is dominating such a great player. I agree with everything you said but I will say this, beating this Warriors team would have put LeBron above MJ. I just don't think it's possible for any one player to do it. Like people said MJ would do this or that but LeBron is putting up a better Finals than four of MJ's Finals. Literally, outside the Suns series, MJ's Finals never saw him put up insane rebounding/points/assists totals.

The_Franchise13
06-08-2017, 01:50 AM
Wow, a Warriors fan who didn't say anything bad about LeBron. Interesting. Props to you man, hard to resist the temptation to troll when your team is dominating such a great player. I agree with everything you said but I will say this, beating this Warriors team would have put LeBron above MJ. I just don't think it's possible for any one player to do it. Like people said MJ would do this or that but LeBron is putting up a better Finals than four of MJ's Finals. Literally, outside the Suns series, MJ's Finals never saw him put up insane rebounding/points/assists totals.

I love the way Lebron plays. I love how he passes, his vision, basketball IQ and combined with winning the genetic lottery. Do I like all his extra curricular stuff (Whining, crying for calls, hypocrisy..??) No, definitely not. He baiting Dray in g5 last year was a bigger ***** move than it was "cunning." But doesn't take away from how good he is, how unique he is.

The ultimate irony in this whole finals is Warriors play a brand of basketball that Lebron would love. Right play every time (for the most part) he'd be able to pick apart defenses with -REAL- in prime shooters in real basketball action, incredible defensive rotations and closeouts etc... He's probably jealous of KD's situation, stylistically not just talent wise.

One thing no one ever mentions...

How huge is the Warriors coaching advantage over the Cavs? Ty Lue may not have the pieces to necessarily compete, but he's not exactly showing any creativity at all. It may be moot in the end, but his ATO, BLOB and SLOB plays are kinda ineffective. HC offense is ISO, ISO, ISO, DRIVE KICK, ISO, ISO, ISO. Zzzzz boring.

FlashBolt
06-08-2017, 01:55 AM
I love the way Lebron plays. I love how he passes, his vision, basketball IQ and combined with winning the genetic lottery. Do I like all his extra curricular stuff (Whining, crying for calls, hypocrisy..??) No, definitely not. He baiting Dray in g5 last year was a bigger ***** move than it was "cunning." But doesn't take away from how good he is, how unique he is.

The ultimate irony in this whole finals is Warriors play a brand of basketball that Lebron would love. Right play every time (for the most part) he'd be able to pick apart defenses with -REAL- in prime shooters in real basketball action, incredible defensive rotations and closeouts etc... He's probably jealous of KD's situation, stylistically not just talent wise.

One thing no one ever mentions...

How huge is the Warriors coaching advantage over the Cavs? Ty Lue may not have the pieces to necessarily compete, but he's not exactly showing any creativity at all. It may be moot in the end, but his ATO, BLOB and SLOB plays are kinda ineffective. HC offense is ISO, ISO, ISO, DRIVE KICK, ISO, ISO, ISO. Zzzzz boring.

1) Yeah, you're right. LeBron is seeing the hate KD is getting and realizes it wasn't even as bad as his Miami days. He knows it will die off but he also knows that Warriors team will win many rings together and do it with less strain. We're talking about LeBron's Warriors vs Jordan's Bulls. That's a topic we'll be having.

2) Lue has been bad. I can't name one adjustment he's taken. He said Derrick will get some minutes but he refuses to use him. He still hasn't found the right rotations. He calls T/O and the only adjustment I see is he inserts another shooter who just stands there. that's not an adjustment. The guy needs to figure out how he can utilize these shooters in pick-and-rolls and cuts to the basket. He's gonna have a short coaching stint if this is how he coaches. But then again, this Warriors team is just too good. No matter what you do, that talent gap is too difficult to ignore.

The_Franchise13
06-08-2017, 02:01 AM
1) Yeah, you're right. LeBron is seeing the hate KD is getting and realizes it wasn't even as bad as his Miami days. He knows it will die off but he also knows that Warriors team will win many rings together and do it with less strain. We're talking about LeBron's Warriors vs Jordan's Bulls. That's a topic we'll be having.

2) Lue has been bad. I can't name one adjustment he's taken. He said Derrick will get some minutes but he refuses to use him. He still hasn't found the right rotations. He calls T/O and the only adjustment I see is he inserts another shooter who just stands there. that's not an adjustment. The guy needs to figure out how he can utilize these shooters in pick-and-rolls and cuts to the basket. He's gonna have a short coaching stint if this is how he coaches. But then again, this Warriors team is just too good. No matter what you do, that talent gap is too difficult to ignore.

Biggest thing I've noticed is during the ISOs there's no off ball movement to at least force defense to change help assignments. It's awful. The Cavs are trying to play AAU basketball strategy in the NBA, along with being under manned.

Lebron can run a wing ISO, with a pin down, flare, split action, slip action on the weak side... He has that good of vision to hit them off the ISO. It may slow help long enough for Lebron to find wider lanes. But Cavs have statues on the floor. or Lue just doesn't feel like actually coaching...

Would it matter in the series? Probably not. But like I mentioned it'd be a little more creative.

Lebron missed a ton of layups late. Most likely because he was tired, but the help defense affected it as well.

The_Franchise13
06-08-2017, 02:02 AM
Another low key great Kerr Move: Using McCaw, fast enough to bother Kyrie a little, not bad offensively (though it would help if he would shoot a gd open three)

FlashBolt
06-08-2017, 02:03 AM
Biggest thing I've noticed is during the ISOs there's no off ball movement to at least force defense to change help assignments. It's awful. The Cavs are trying to play AAU basketball strategy in the NBA, along with being under manned.

Lebron can run a wing ISO, with a pin down, flare, split action, slip action on the weak side... He has that good of vision to hit them off the ISO. It may slow help long enough for Lebron to find wider lanes. But Cavs have statues on the floor. or Lue just doesn't feel like actually coaching...

Would it matter in the series? Probably not. But like I mentioned it'd be a little more creative.

Lebron missed a ton of layups late. Most likely because he was tired, but the help defense affected it as well.

The ISO part makes sense but you can't win many games let alone a series like that against the Warriors. I mean, KD is probably a top five ISO player in NBA history. You can't beat them like that. I can see why the Cavs go ISO every play because quite frankly, Warriors are too damn good defensively. Serious changes just have to be made. I think by halftime, Cavs only had SIX assists. That's not going to cut it. You don't beat teams by ISO or else Jordan would have had 14 rings.

The_Franchise13
06-08-2017, 02:07 AM
I'd also like to remind people that Ty Lue said: "Boston is harder to guard than Golden State" LOLOLOLOLOL

Out of context I know... But he's still a damn clown. Losing in '16 was made worse because it somehow validated that Lue was a better coach than Blatt, or at least a "good" coach. He's Lebron's puppet.

FlashBolt
06-08-2017, 02:17 AM
I'd also like to remind people that Ty Lue said: "Boston is harder to guard than Golden State" LOLOLOLOLOL

Out of context I know... But he's still a damn clown. Losing in '16 was made worse because it somehow validated that Lue was a better coach than Blatt, or at least a "good" coach. He's Lebron's puppet.

And he would be out of a job if LeBron didn't advocate for him. At least Blatt drew plays up. Lue just sits there scribbling stick figures on the whiteboard..

zn23
06-08-2017, 11:11 AM
LeBron was totally gassed playing 46 minutes and giving everything he had to keep them in the game. Other guys had to step up and they didn't.

Jewelz0376
06-08-2017, 11:44 AM
LeBron was totally gassed playing 46 minutes and giving everything he had to keep them in the game. Other guys had to step up and they didn't.

The he was gassed argument goes out the window in the last probably 3 or 4 mins considering all the timeouts. I swear there I've never seen so many commercial breaks in a 3 min stretch before.

GREATNESS ONE
06-08-2017, 11:47 AM
Lets just end this LeBron goat talk right now. He'll have to settle for #2. I was so damn mad when he kept passing the ball. Your season is on the line, shoot the f***ing ball.

Magic Johnson is #2....

BDawk4Prez
06-08-2017, 11:51 AM

Literally everything is an excuse with you.

LA4life24/8
06-08-2017, 12:05 PM
Who has a better shot at this dubs team current cavs or the heat that won a couple chips?

archdevil84
06-08-2017, 12:05 PM
The he was gassed argument goes out the window in the last probably 3 or 4 mins considering all the timeouts. I swear there I've never seen so many commercial breaks in a 3 min stretch before.

holy **** finally someone notices this. thank you so much man

archdevil84
06-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Who has a better shot at this dubs team current cavs or the heat that won a couple chips?

probably heat i think. they were much more athletic defensive being able to cover people 1v1. Also the team in general was a LOT smarter. i see kyrie and jr making so many mental mistakes on defense every time, its ridiculous. Everyone on the cavs roster is just getting destroyed 1v1. Add to that the fact that lebron couldve played 48 minutes of MVP offense and defense back in his 2012-13 form and you get yourself a legit series (imo)

LA4life24/8
06-08-2017, 12:12 PM
probably heat i think. they were much more athletic defensive being able to cover people 1v1. Also the team in general was a LOT smarter. i see kyrie and jr making so many mental mistakes on defense every time, its ridiculous. Everyone on the cavs roster is just getting destroyed 1v1. Add to that the fact that lebron couldve played 48 minutes of MVP offense and defense back in his 2012-13 form and you get yourself a legit series (imo)

I think so too. Don't know if they woulda beat em but woulda been more fun to watch most likely

Bostonjorge
06-08-2017, 02:05 PM

So Lebron was a liability then. How many shots did Lebron had to miss for someone to "step up" and tell Lebron to sit on the bench. Then the Cavs would of had a shot and not have Lebron just choke away another huge game.

So I agree Cavs need players and coaches to stand up to James. If they wanted to win they should of benched Lebron 3 mins earlier. It couldn't have gotten any worse then zero points by Lebron.

BDawk4Prez
06-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Why is the ALPHA not asserting himself more? Isn't that what an ALPHA should do?

People rip KD for not being ALPHA enough, and now defend Lebron for not being ALPHA.

PSD confuses me.

Sick Of It All
06-08-2017, 03:05 PM

I remember final games when Jordan would pass the ball to Pippen or Steve Kerr or BJ Armstrong and they would knock that ****ing three to get the Bulls the win. Here is the difference the guys LeBron is passing the ball to can't ****ing drain a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
06-08-2017, 03:23 PM
Literally everything is an excuse with you.

Facts=Excuse?

Like Sick says above... How many times did Jordan make those same passes that kerr knocked down or horry knocked down in LA? He made all the right passes last night and left 9 plus assists on the board to wide open guys. Sorry but I am not one that believes a player should go down and run the clock and take a moronic uncomfortable shot with guys on him so he can puff out his chest and say we either win or lose on the shot... Id rather the guy dish it to a wide open kyle ****ing korver for the 3 like lebron did.... People said well he can never be Jordan... Do you know how many times jordans guys hit big time shots before the game ending shots and how many times Jordan/Kobe actually missed big time clutch shots? Exactly

eDush
06-08-2017, 03:24 PM

The ISO part makes sense but you can't win many games let alone a series like that against the Warriors. I mean, KD is probably a top five ISO player in NBA history. You can't beat them like that. I can see why the Cavs go ISO every play because quite frankly, Warriors are too damn good defensively. Serious changes just have to be made. I think by halftime, Cavs only had SIX assists. That's not going to cut it. You don't beat teams by ISO or else Jordan would have had 14 rings.I tend to agree the ISO makes a lot of sense for their make up as they wouldn't fit how the Warriors run their plays no different than having the Cavs running the triangle offense has the Lakers beaten them with Jackson as the coach. It's the new flavor of the day if you do need players who is willing to play that style which requires sacrificing what they do best. The Cavs are built to play ISO and it makes them the 2nd best them in the league by far and I wouldn't change one thing other than pulling JR out after a few defensive mishaps but it's how they play and they are damn good at it as we have all witness :nod:

If the Cavs wanted to play like the Dubs, they would but they don't and if you force it on them, you will end up like Blatt :(

I really don't care since I'm a Dubs fan and as long as we win, we are golden!
:cheer:

BDawk4Prez
06-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Facts=Excuse?

Like Sick says above... How many times did Jordan make those same passes that kerr knocked down or horry knocked down in LA? He made all the right passes last night and left 9 plus assists on the board to wide open guys. Sorry but I am not one that believes a player should go down and run the clock and take a moronic uncomfortable shot with guys on him so he can puff out his chest and say we either win or lose on the shot... Id rather the guy dish it to a wide open kyle ****ing korver for the 3 like lebron did.... People said well he can never be Jordan... Do you know how many times jordans guys hit big time shots before the game ending shots and how many times Jordan/Kobe actually missed big time clutch shots? Exactly

Hard to make a shot you don't take.

eDush
06-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Why is the ALPHA not asserting himself more? Isn't that what an ALPHA should do?

People rip KD for not being ALPHA enough, and now defend Lebron for not being ALPHA.

PSD confuses me.So is screaming '...HOW'D YOU LIKE ME NOWWWW!!!!!' at your GM on the sideline makes a person like Kirk an ALPHA? I don't think you can get more assertive than that :laugh:

Scoots
06-09-2017, 12:31 PM
I'm a Dubs fan and as long as we win
:cheer:

The most truthful thing you've said :)

kobe4thewinbang
06-09-2017, 01:48 PM
He didn't look as open on the drive before he passed to Kyle Korver, who sadly missed the 3PTer (does LeBron not like going left?), but he definitely could've rose up over Iguodala after that burst toward the rim. Instead he tried the turnaround jumper, not a good choice. He would've at least drawn a foul or jammed it in to increase the lead.

I still can't understand how they blew a 4 point lead with basically a minute left in the game, at home.

Really bad decision-making, which seems to be LeBron's only flaw in late game scenarios.

It's sad because Cavaliers held that lead for so long, neck and neck, and it would be 2-1 right now, at least 5 games, with another game at home to possibly tie things up (which we see often in a series). But now they're on the verge of being swept, and the Warriors smell blood.

Worst thing that could've happened, as I feared to my coworker. "If the Cavs go down 0-3, it's over. Not the same as 1-3." I rarely predict correctly too, so this is kind of a new experience for me. I wish I was wrong, though. It's always nice when the champion wins at home, not on the road. So hopefully, the Cavaliers somehow edge the Warriors and then lose admirably on the road...by 28, lol.