PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical: What if after 2015, LeBron joined the Warriors?

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 11:56 AM
What would the reaction be? Different from KD? Let's say they win five rings together - putting LeBron at 7 rings. Does he surpass MJ according to some?

hugepatsfan
06-05-2017, 12:02 PM
I don't think Lebron is brave enough to do that. KD has a special mental strength to be able to handle the mean things people say and still win. Lebron would wilt under that pressure. He would take the easy route and join a worse team.

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Lebron fans would revel in how great it is.

Lebron haters would give the current KD treatment.

People just to love to have something to complain about.

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 12:03 PM
I don't think Lebron is brave enough to do that. KD has a special mental strength to be able to handle the mean things people say and still win. Lebron would wilt under that pressure. He would take the easy route and join a worse team.

We're talking about if it happened, though. Like, KD is probably going to win a ring this season. Would it have been better if LeBron had joined the Warriors and bump his Finals record to seven rings? How would others have reacted to LeBron surpassing Jordan in rings?

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 12:09 PM
Player chases money - He's the worst.
Player chases opportunity - He's the worst.

People should make up their minds.

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 12:15 PM

If you're not going to make any arguments worth considering, I'm not sure what entices you to stay on this thread.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2017, 12:19 PM
There is a clear difference between LeBron and everyone else. He was hailed the KING at like age 15. He has had so much to live up to, his career has been a constant of people hating, or defending him. Durant doesn't even sniff him when it comes to polarizing arguments.

LeBron, would have been absolutely crushed if he did what Durant did. Like crushed beyond belief.

Rivera
06-05-2017, 12:22 PM
i am curiours though how that team would gel. Lebron likes having the ball in his hands, hes is a very streaky shooter so you can leave him out until he gets hot. Im sure they would of figured it out but for obvious reasons KD is a better fit

Lebron would have gotten crushed regardless then he would dominate and people would elevate and say how great he is similar to what they are doing with KD now and main stream media asking if KD passed LBJ

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 12:25 PM
i am curiours though how that team would gel. Lebron likes having the ball in his hands, hes is a very streaky shooter so you can leave him out until he gets hot. Im sure they would of figured it out but for obvious reasons KD is a better fit

Lebron would have gotten crushed regardless then he would dominate and people would elevate and say how great he is similar to what they are doing with KD now and main stream media asking if KD passed LBJ

They would win guaranteed rings, no? Would you say the Warriors lose with LeBron on their team instead of KD? Like, let's put it this way: Right now, the only team we gave a chance to were the Cavs. Without LeBron, there is no Cavs. No competition whatsoever. And I do agree that KD is a better fit just like how Kawhi on the Warriors > KD. But I'd take my chance that LeBron beats this Warriors team over KD ever beating a Warriors team with LeBron.

mngopher35
06-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Lol we know he would have gotten completely crushed. Like you said in the other thread flash many people that defend Durant also strongly dislike lebron. They wouldn't defend him in this same way because of that and outside of the extreme nut huggers everyone else would still hate the competition aspect.

The Warriors fans still would maybe be as happy lol.

KnicksorBust
06-05-2017, 12:31 PM

KD is a better fit? No way. LeBron would have averaged Magic Johnson numbers. 20ppg / 15apg / 8rpg. He finally would have gotten to be the player he always wanted. Set the table for your teammates, pick your spots on drives, and make the right basketball play all the time. In some ways that scenario would have prevented him from reaching his true greatness but in other ways it would have been his dream come true.

LOb0
06-05-2017, 12:34 PM
It would have been bad, but not as bad as Durant

LeBron didn't lose to GS because he choked like Durant did, then joined the team he choked against.
LeBron already had 2 rings

Now the reason it would have been bad is because joining the team that beat you is the weakest thing possible, and Bron had promised Cleveland a title.

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 12:38 PM
KD is a better fit? No way. LeBron would have averaged Magic Johnson numbers. 20ppg / 15apg / 8rpg. He finally would have gotten to be the player he always wanted. Set the table for your teammates, pick your spots on drives, and make the right basketball play all the time. In some ways that scenario would have prevented him from reaching his true greatness but in other ways it would have been his dream come true.

KD is the better fit precisely because he's a better shooter, though. And at this age, I think KD's defense is more sustainable for an entire season because LeBron has too much mileage at this point. I don't think the passing is that much of a necessity. LeBron is a bit more ball-dominant than KD so it's counter-intuitive to have LeBron handling the ball THAT much. And he's not a good shooter at all so there is no need for LeBron to stand there wide open. The way I see it is that although KD may be a better fit, does anyone think KD can beat a LeBron-Warriors team? The odds are literally zero. LeBron beating this Kevin-Warriors team is a much higher possibility.

Bostonjorge
06-05-2017, 03:55 PM
What would the reaction be? Different from KD? Let's say they win five rings together - putting LeBron at 7 rings. Does he surpass MJ according to some?

Come on man don't be silly. I would throw up and Green would walk off the team and retire right on the spot.

Just give James time. He will out do everyone once again in free agency when the Super Friends, Banana Boat team is formed. Until then James is now Durants little brother and James is guarding Durant like a little brother.

JordansBulls
06-05-2017, 08:44 PM
Warriors would not have developed. Curry as well as Klay and Dray would have been marginalized. No one ever developed into a star playing with Lebron. In fact superstars seem to get worse playing with him.

Scoots
06-05-2017, 08:56 PM
KD is the better fit precisely because he's a better shooter, though. And at this age, I think KD's defense is more sustainable for an entire season because LeBron has too much mileage at this point. I don't think the passing is that much of a necessity. LeBron is a bit more ball-dominant than KD so it's counter-intuitive to have LeBron handling the ball THAT much. And he's not a good shooter at all so there is no need for LeBron to stand there wide open. The way I see it is that although KD may be a better fit, does anyone think KD can beat a LeBron-Warriors team? The odds are literally zero. LeBron beating this Kevin-Warriors team is a much higher possibility.

LeBron on the Warriors would be very interesting ... I'd put him in the middle of the offense with all the motion around him. He'd slice up every team.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-05-2017, 09:23 PM
It'd be much worse than 2010 and should actually get more hate than Durant currently does.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-05-2017, 09:32 PM
LeBron on the Warriors would be very interesting ... I'd put him in the middle of the offense with all the motion around him. He'd slice up every team.

Him and Draymond would be too similar.

Would be cooler if they had Lebron in for Draymond then a player like Hayward in for Durant.

nastynice
06-05-2017, 09:34 PM
Warriors would not have developed. Curry as well as Klay and Dray would have been marginalized. No one ever developed into a star playing with Lebron. In fact superstars seem to get worse playing with him.

Yea, I noticed this too. It's like his dominance is too much sometimes.

For example, lebron is better than KD, straight up, but no way in hell I want is trading KD for lebron. Cuz then we'll play lebron ball, not Warriors ball. KD allows us to play Warriors ball

nastynice
06-05-2017, 09:36 PM

Would be cooler if they had Lebron in for Draymond then a player like Hayward in for Durant.

The hell? No way in hell lebron is guarding our paint the way draymond does. And no way Dray is slashing at the rim and creating the way lebron does.

How the hell are these guys similar?

Scoots
06-05-2017, 09:41 PM
Yea, I noticed this too. It's like his dominance is too much sometimes.

For example, lebron is better than KD, straight up, but no way in hell I want is trading KD for lebron. Cuz then we'll play lebron ball, not Warriors ball. KD allows us to play Warriors ball

That LeBron orbit issue is convenient for him though because people look at his teams and say "but LeBron had to drag that roster along".

Raps18-19 Champ
06-05-2017, 09:44 PM
The hell? No way in hell lebron is guarding our paint the way draymond does. And no way Dray is slashing at the rim and creating the way lebron does.

How the hell are these guys similar?

I was thinking more offensively, and that Lebron offensively would overcome the defense. But yea, if he had to take a defensive role then no.

WaDe03
06-05-2017, 09:45 PM
He would potentially get assassinated if we're being honest.

KnicksorBust
06-06-2017, 12:00 PM

Yes because everyone knows that the Warriors team that won 73 games needed more spacing. :)

Who is saying I want LeBron handling the ball THAT much? His usage this season was 30%. Durant's last season in OKC was 30.6% and that's with LeBron being the primary ball handler in Cleveland and Durant sharing with Westbrook. You underestimate how much KD handles the ball and overestimate how much LeBron handles it. If LeBron had Curry/Klay/Draymond and could run in fastbreak all game long he would feast on easy baskets and set his teammates up an a Steve Nash/Magic Johnson level of success.

KnicksorBust
06-06-2017, 12:02 PM

Kyrie didn't make his first all-nba team until LeBron came back to Cleveland and just had by far his best season as a pro this year. Completely disagree. LeBron is one of the most willing passing superstars of all-time. He's right up there with Bird and Magic.

KnicksorBust
06-06-2017, 12:08 PM
I get that trading KD for LeBron now would be a bad trade but they would not be worse with him. No way.

Chronz
06-06-2017, 01:45 PM

KD made the smallest sacrifices and joined a record breaking team to boot.

Do you get it yet?

FlashBolt
06-06-2017, 02:41 PM
Yes because everyone knows that the Warriors team that won 73 games needed more spacing. :)

Who is saying I want LeBron handling the ball THAT much? His usage this season was 30%. Durant's last season in OKC was 30.6% and that's with LeBron being the primary ball handler in Cleveland and Durant sharing with Westbrook. You underestimate how much KD handles the ball and overestimate how much LeBron handles it. If LeBron had Curry/Klay/Draymond and could run in fastbreak all game long he would feast on easy baskets and set his teammates up an a Steve Nash/Magic Johnson level of success.

1) LeBron isn't great at off-ball. KD is much better because he can shoot and spot-up. I never said Warriors needed more spacing but it doesn't hurt to have more in this generation.
2) Are you arguing in favor of KD or LeBron? Because I'm arguing that KD is a better fit. You're arguing that KD has better handles than I'm rating it? No, actually, I watched the guy for years. His handles are very good and would fit with the Warriors. LeBron's passing is great but Warriors don't need great passes to score.
3) KD can run the fastbreak too...

pacofunk64
06-06-2017, 03:25 PM
The hate for Lebron would be astronomical. Never seen before. I also believe it would have been a double edged sword as the debate for the GOAT.

Gibby23
06-06-2017, 03:31 PM

Do you get it yet?

How often has the best team in the NBA had enough cap space to sign another top 5 player in the NBA? Never.

Vee-Rex
06-06-2017, 03:51 PM

LeBron is better than Draymond at everything offensively. Passing, scoring, IQ, etc...

Draymond gets the nod defensively but I guarantee if LeBron didn't have to worry about carrying the offensive load people would see just how great of a defender he is, even at the age of 32. Give him the Dray role and his rebounds and defensive impact shoots up.

Substitute 'Bron for Dray and he'd put up 18/12/12 on better FG% and TS% easily IMO.

effen5
06-06-2017, 04:02 PM
Kyrie didn't make his first all-nba team until LeBron came back to Cleveland and just had by far his best season as a pro this year. Completely disagree. LeBron is one of the most willing passing superstars of all-time. He's right up there with Bird and Magic.

Nobody that's played with LeBron has actually gotten better. The reason players play better with him is because they compliment him perfectly.

Hawkeye15
06-06-2017, 04:07 PM
Nobody that's played with LeBron has actually gotten better. The reason players play better with him is because they compliment him perfectly.

well that and their win total skyrockets.

L8kers4life
06-06-2017, 04:35 PM
Is it just me or does every superstar who plays with LeBron get worse. I have yet to see a superstar play better with LeBron than with out. literally every star other than Kyrie is not considered a star once LeBron plays with them.

Its funny I keep hearing LeBron has a JV team. I'm sorry, Kyrie, Love, TT, Korver, Dwill, JR Smith is a good team, but all of sudden LeBron has no help again.

Dwade, Bosh, Kyrie, Korver, Love, DWill, Shaq, Ray Allen are all Marginal players with LeBron and all star or better without.

LeBron would not work on the warriors, he is ball dominate and needs the ball too much for it to work as good as it does with Durant.

Hawkeye15
06-06-2017, 04:49 PM
Is it just me or does every superstar who plays with LeBron get worse. I have yet to see a superstar play better with LeBron than with out. literally every star other than Kyrie is not considered a star once LeBron plays with them.

Its funny I keep hearing LeBron has a JV team. I'm sorry, Kyrie, Love, TT, Korver, Dwill, JR Smith is a good team, but all of sudden LeBron has no help again.

Dwade, Bosh, Kyrie, Korver, Love, DWill, Shaq, Ray Allen are all Marginal players with LeBron and all star or better without.

LeBron would not work on the warriors, he is ball dominate and needs the ball too much for it to work as good as it does with Durant.

well, he didn't have a star player his first 7 years. Wade was a star year 1 of the Miami team, but then declined and had injuries. Love/Irving weren't stars.

so..

L8kers4life
06-06-2017, 05:01 PM

Do you get it yet?

Who cares KD went to a team that was developed internally and had enough money to sign him. The only reason GSW had enough money to sign Durant is Curry had glass ankles his first few years, that 44 million dollar contract allowed for this to happen.

And KD can thank LeBron for this championship, LeBron is the architect of going to the best possible team, the only mistake LeBron made is, he should have gone to San Antonio. KD followed LeBrons Lead.

Hawkeye15
06-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Who cares KD went to a team that was developed internally and had enough money to sign him. The only reason GSW had enough money to sign Durant is Curry had glass ankles his first few years, that 44 million dollar contract allowed for this to happen.

And KD can thank LeBron for this championship, LeBron is the architect of going to the best possible team, the only mistake LeBron made is, he should have gone to San Antonio. KD followed LeBrons Lead.

no, Durant followed Tom Chamber's lead, if that is the card you want to play.

L8kers4life
06-06-2017, 05:05 PM
well, he didn't have a star player his first 7 years. Wade was a star year 1 of the Miami team, but then declined and had injuries. Love/Irving weren't stars.

so..

Bull crap Love and Irving wernt stars, Love was a star enough to land 2 number 1 picks and more. And don't get me started Kyrie. Kyrie is and was a star with no talent around him, just like Love and just like Bosh. And I'm not discrediting LeBron his first 7 years and last year are most impressive to me. But if I hear ESPN say one more time he has a JV team, I'm done. I'm sick of it, he has plenty of talent, but he is going against a Juggernauat. Even the 72 win Bills and the Shaq and Kobe Lakers would get crushed with these rules against these Warriors.

L8kers4life
06-06-2017, 05:15 PM

Fair enough to compare Chambers, but let's be honest, Durant left because LeBron, LeBron paved the way

L8kers4life
06-06-2017, 05:17 PM

Your a great poster, but you defend LeBron too much, I really feel like some of you on here feel your not allowed to criticize LeBron. LeBron is the reason free agency is the way it is, if you can't understand that, I will take my talents elsewhere. Lol

Hawkeye15
06-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Bull crap Love and Irving wernt stars, Love was a star enough to land 2 number 1 picks and more. And don't get me started Kyrie. Kyrie is and was a star with no talent around him, just like Love and just like Bosh. And I'm not discrediting LeBron his first 7 years and last year are most impressive to me. But if I hear ESPN say one more time he has a JV team, I'm done. I'm sick of it, he has plenty of talent, but he is going against a Juggernauat. Even the 72 win Bills and the Shaq and Kobe Lakers would get crushed with these rules against these Warriors.

"stars" can be defined differently. Besides compile numbers, what did Love/Irving do prior to Cleveland? What exactly did Bosh do, prior to Miami? Toss up some nice numbers and get destroyed in round 1? Between Bosh, Irving, and Love, how many all NBA teams have they made?

LeBron hasn't had a JV team since 09-10', he has plenty of help. Unfortunately, he has now run into a team that can only be discussed as having 2-3 teams ever as a peer.

Hawkeye15
06-06-2017, 05:22 PM
Your a great poster, but you defend LeBron too much, I really feel like some of you on here feel your not allowed to criticize LeBron. LeBron is the reason free agency is the way it is, if you can't understand that, I will take my talents elsewhere. Lol

You are a Laker fan. How exactly do you think you acquired Shaq?

LeBron didn't start anything. The teams in the NBA that tossed away 1-2 seasons and put out D-League rosters to clear space started it. In fact, LeBron's FA, and Durant's, were totally different.

Gibby23
06-06-2017, 05:32 PM
You are a Laker fan. How exactly do you think you acquired Shaq?

LeBron didn't start anything. The teams in the NBA that tossed away 1-2 seasons and put out D-League rosters to clear space started it. In fact, LeBron's FA, and Durant's, were totally different.

The 1st time LeBron was a FA and say a team built like the warriors, same young stars, coming off 2 finals and enough Money to sign him, he would have jumped at it. And probably would have never left because that kind of move would have had a team around him good for at least 6 to 8 years.

WaDe03
06-06-2017, 08:00 PM
The 1st time LeBron was a FA and say a team built like the warriors, same young stars, coming off 2 finals and enough Money to sign him, he would have jumped at it. And probably would have never left because that kind of move would have had a team around him good for at least 6 to 8 years.

Then he would've went to the Celtics instead of the Heat. They would've cleared the cap.

Saddletramp
06-06-2017, 08:15 PM
There is a clear difference between LeBron and everyone else. He was hailed the KING at like age 15. He has had so much to live up to, his career has been a constant of people hating, or defending him. Durant doesn't even sniff him when it comes to polarizing arguments.

LeBron, would have been absolutely crushed if he did what Durant did. Like crushed beyond belief.

That's how I see it. I woulda crushed him too.

If you're not going to make any arguments worth considering, I'm not sure what entices you to stay on this thread.

You're talking about BDawk4Prez. He's just a troll. Thought that that was pretty obvious.

Saddletramp
06-06-2017, 08:42 PM

No, the only reason they could get him was because of the tv money taking a one year skyrocket of a raise. That was their one chance and the stars aligned perfectly for them. That won't happen again for anyone else. Right place/exact right year for him/then.

Chronz
06-07-2017, 07:40 AM
How often has the best team in the NBA had enough cap space to sign another top 5 player in the NBA? Never.
Hence why your initial post was invalid. It's not one thing or the other, he didn't have to sacrifice **** .. PERIOD

BTW you're wrong about that. Spurs had the space to add several stars in a 3 year period and got rejected. They all took the money or the challenge of leading a team. It was a better nba.

KnicksorBust
06-07-2017, 08:10 AM

They haven't gotten better... they just play better... that's an odd argument to make to my post. If you are already conceding that they played better with him than I feel like I won but you still disagree. :laugh:

Chronz
06-07-2017, 08:32 AM

If that was the mistake then how did kd follow his lead? Idc how the team came about that's irrelevant. What i care about is what i KNOW about the team prior to kd taking his talents there for the challenge.

Bron could've gone to teams that don't need him to win but he's never done that

Gibby23
06-07-2017, 04:22 PM
If that was the mistake then how did kd follow his lead? Idc how the team came about that's irrelevant. What i care about is what i KNOW about the team prior to kd taking his talents there for the challenge.

Bron could've gone to teams that don't need him to win but he's never done that

Where could have Bron went that had a window as wide as the Warriors? Bron could have went to great teams that only had a few years because of aging stars. If LBJ or any other FA star has this kind of opportunity, they most likely jump at the chance. Even your boy CP3 is looking to possibly join a 61 win team .

Gibby23
06-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Hence why your initial post was invalid. It's not one thing or the other, he didn't have to sacrifice **** .. PERIOD

BTW you're wrong about that. Spurs had the space to add several stars in a 3 year period and got rejected. They all took the money or the challenge of leading a team. It was a better nba.

The Spurs were aging at the time and Stars usually team up with players in their age bracket to have a longer opportunity of winning. How many times did people think Duncan and Manu were almost done in that period?

Hawkeye15
06-07-2017, 04:37 PM
PSD would have collectively shut down from all the tears hitting the keyboards

Chronz
06-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Where could have Bron went that had a window as wide as the Warriors? Bron could have went to great teams that only had a few years because of aging stars. If LBJ or any other FA star has this kind of opportunity, they most likely jump at the chance. Even your boy CP3 is looking to possibly join a 61 win team .

Key word possibly and even then it would still be more honorable considering the stage of his career, what he's leaving and who he's joining. Spurs could use the talent that's for sure. KD could've gone just about anywhere and she would be held in higher regard. He chose the best team.

Dude there were no team as great as the warriors, that's the entire point. What's your q bout?

Chronz
06-07-2017, 05:12 PM
The Spurs were aging at the time and Stars usually team up with players in their age bracket to have a longer opportunity of winning. How many times did people think Duncan and Manu were almost done in that period?

Not trying to insult you but you must be young to assume I'm talking about old duncan. I'm talking about wrecking the league Duncan. Fresh off a chip in at least 1 of those years

Gibby23
06-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Key word possibly and even then it would still be more honorable considering the stage of his career, what he's leaving and who he's joining. Spurs could use the talent that's for sure. KD could've gone just about anywhere and she would be held in higher regard. He chose the best team.

Dude there were no team as great as the warriors, that's the entire point. What's your q bout?

By who though? Fans like you? Most of his peers are going to jump at a chance to improve their situation if they can and the money is about the same. OKC let some guys go because they didn't want to pay them in Harden and Serge. They didn't put their best foot forward in trying to win a rign with KD, he bounced to the best place he could.

Gibby23
06-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Not trying to insult you but you must be young to assume I'm talking about old duncan. I'm talking about wrecking the league Duncan. Fresh off a chip in at least 1 of those years

What year?

Chronz
06-07-2017, 05:29 PM
By who though? Fans like you? Most of his peers are going to jump at a chance to improve their situation if they can and the money is about the same. OKC let some guys go because they didn't want to pay them in Harden and Serge. They didn't put their best foot forward in trying to win a rign with KD, he bounced to the best place he could.

Yes fans like me, i would love to meet a fan who knows the history of the sport as well as i do. Outside of a few on here none hold a candle.

Idc what you think most would do, none ever have and ive already seen stars stay away from easier paths for the sake of their integrity (whatever they covet). KD literally sacrificed zilch for BY FAR the easiest ring a star can ever win. Why would any intellectual respect that? Casual fans with their simplistic takes and ignorance of history might agree with you

Chronz
06-07-2017, 05:31 PM
What year?
From about 02 or 03 to about 05. They had to settle for guys like hedo so you can prolly check old boards for that.

Gibby23
06-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Yes fans like me, i would love to meet a fan who knows the history of the sport as well as i do. Outside of a few on here none hold a candle.

Idc what you think most would do, none ever have and ive already seen stars stay away from easier paths for the sake of their integrity (whatever they covet). KD literally sacrificed zilch for BY FAR the easiest ring a star can ever win. Why would any intellectual respect that? Casual fans with their simplistic takes and ignorance of history might agree with you

You have some kind of degree or special job that make your opinion hold any weight? Like does any NBA team employ you or do any players consult with you on how you might view them before they make a move?

Gibby23
06-07-2017, 05:38 PM
From about 02 or 03 to about 05. They had to settle for guys like hedo so you can prolly check old boards for that.

Who did they have a chance to sign that didn't go?

Bigdaddyburch
06-07-2017, 08:56 PM
You have some kind of degree or special job that make your opinion hold any weight? Like does any NBA team employ you or do any players consult with you on how you might view them before they make a move?
I wonder what GS fans would say if James and GS found a way to add him as well.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Gibby23
06-07-2017, 09:00 PM
I wonder what GS fans would say if James and GS found a way to add him as well.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

They would probably say they are the favorites to win the title. Just like they have been saying this year.

Nikeman
06-07-2017, 11:13 PM
He'd be crucified.

Bostonjorge
06-08-2017, 01:51 AM
He'd be crucified.

You couldn't blame anyone tho. Imagine James costing the Warriors the win. First letting the game winner be hit on you right between the eyes. Then forgetting which lines is out of bounds.