PDA

View Full Version : [Non-fans] Are you rooting for, or against the Warriors?

lol, please
06-04-2017, 04:33 PM
As a fan, i'm curious, as when we were rising (Jackson, through Kerr) it seemed like outside of our fanbase, there was still a lot of support - it seemed many fans across the country liked our success story. Now, it kind of feels like many of those same people are against the Warriors and hoping they lose at every series.

As non-fans of the warriors, do you root for, or against the team, and why?

:)

LOb0
06-04-2017, 04:36 PM
I hate Durant and his cowardly move, more so than I want the Warriors to lose.

BKLYNpigeon
06-04-2017, 05:51 PM
You guys should just appreciate both these teams. Regardless if you're a fav or not, it's entertainment. These teams are going to define this decade of basketball and it's only going to be around for a few more years.

IndyRealist
06-04-2017, 05:53 PM
You know what doesn't get people to root for your team? Calling them the GOAT.

cmellofan15
06-04-2017, 05:53 PM
rooting for the Cavaliers because I typically root for the underdog and I like lebron.

but I don't have anything against the warriors. I don't like draymond--dude is a walking contradiction. but I'm a big fan of steph and am indifferent about the other guys.

BKLYNpigeon
06-04-2017, 06:13 PM
I think in 10-20 years everyone is really going to appreciate this rivalry. No matter how annoying both fan bases can be.

JLynn943
06-04-2017, 06:13 PM
Rooting against them. I hate the Durant move, but I've been against the Warriors for a while now. Kings and Warriors have actually had some great, close games the past several years, so that helps kick up the negative emotions. Beyond that though, I'm not a Steph fan. His mannerisms are annoying.

I hate watching the Warriors play, too. Not a fan of how the NBA has become all 3 pointers all the time, and they're the poster children for it. I know that the Cavs do it, too (and most of the league now), but I at least like LeBron. The style is just boring though.

I do kind of like Klay, and I respect the talent of the team, but it's really easy to root against the overwhelming favorites who just bought the player that almost beat them last year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

hugepatsfan
06-04-2017, 06:16 PM
You guys should just appreciate both these teams. Regardless if you're a fav or not, it's entertainment. These teams are going to define this decade of basketball and it's only going to be around for a few more years.

Cavs will need to make a huge acquisition for that to be the case. GS has 2 MVPs, an all-NBA guy, an all-star, and good role players. CLE has an MVP, 2 all stars and good role players. In a league where the top of the roster is infinitely more important, that's a MASSIVE discrepancy. Unless CLE adds at least another all star GS they won't even be close to GS. It won't be 2 teams defining a decade like BOS/LA in the 80s. It will just be a one team wrecking ball like the Russell Celtics before the league really took off.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-04-2017, 06:20 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR MAIDAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAa

NBA_Starter
06-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Rooting against them. I hate the Durant move, but I've been against the Warriors for a while now. Kings and Warriors have actually had some great, close games the past several years, so that helps kick up the negative emotions. Beyond that though, I'm not a Steph fan. His mannerisms are annoying.

I hate watching the Warriors play, too. Not a fan of how the NBA has become all 3 pointers all the time, and they're the poster children for it. I know that the Cavs do it, too (and most of the league now), but I at least like LeBron. The style is just boring though.

I do kind of like Klay, and I respect the talent of the team, but it's really easy to root against the overwhelming favorites who just bought the player that almost beat them last year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Plain and simple he is fake humble. He tries to portray this good Ol' boy clean reputation when he is as big of a showboat as there is. I'd root for Iraq over the cheating Warriors. Go Cavs!

Jeffy25
06-04-2017, 06:33 PM
I'm rooting for Cleveland because they are the underdog and the Bron haters are pretty intense. Without this win, it gets harder and harder for Bron to reach the Jordan status. He'll start running out of chances to get there.

I don't like LeBron, but his detractors have me rooting for him.

MJNetsIsles
06-04-2017, 06:38 PM
I'm rooting for the Warriors so Lebron opts out of his Cleveland deal.

BKLYNpigeon
06-04-2017, 06:39 PM
Plain and simple he is fake humble. He tries to portray this good Ol' boy clean reputation when he is as big of a showboat as there is. I'd root for Iraq over the cheating Warriors. Go Cavs!

Haha, as a warriors fan that how I feel about lebron. Agree to disagree.

hugepatsfan
06-04-2017, 06:41 PM
Haha, as a warriors fan that how I feel about lebron. Agree to disagree.

It's how both of them are. They're both extremely inlikable unless they play on your team.

GoferKing_
06-04-2017, 07:06 PM
GSW. I dislike both teams, and both Durant and LeBron. Durant's championship wont be as impactful as Lebron's. So, there it is.

JasonJohnHorn
06-04-2017, 07:07 PM
I'm hoping for a 7-game series and I'd like to see LBJ put up one more banner because I feel like this is his last good chance at that.

Curry and the Warriors are going to be in the finals a few more times so long as the owners pay the players what they deserve and there are no career-ending injuries.

TrueFan420
06-04-2017, 07:19 PM
It's how both of them are. They're both extremely inlikable unless they play on your team.

Curry was/is very humble. He got passed over time and time again. He kept his down and work hard. He didn't point fingers or blame others when things didn't go his way. He has become a little more arrogant (on the court) since his ascension but that's almost expected. But he says and does the right thing off it.

lol, please
06-04-2017, 07:35 PM

lol'd

NBA_Starter
06-04-2017, 07:42 PM

Curry was/is very humble. He got passed over time and time again. He kept his down and work hard. He didn't point fingers or blame others when things didn't go his way. He has become a little more arrogant (on the court) since his ascension but that's almost expected. But he says and does the right thing off it.

LOL, running around pointing to the sky and beating his chest and dancing out there, so humble. :rolleyes:

Chronz
06-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Why would anyone root for such a spineless boy like kd?

Go Iraq x2

LA_Raiders
06-04-2017, 07:59 PM
I go for the Warriors. I don't blame KD; when LeJoke started all this mess, of all starts teaming up. LeFlop is the first coward, Ray Allen the second and KD the third.

California Love!

Jeffy25
06-04-2017, 08:08 PM
I go for the Warriors. I don't blame KD; when LeJoke started all this mess, of all starts teaming up. LeFlop is the first coward, Ray Allen the second and KD the third.

California Love!

So just forgetting about when it's happened in the past with the Lakers and Celtics?

Vinny642
06-04-2017, 08:08 PM
I would rather the Warriors win, I hate the Cavs, and at least the Warriors built most of their Core Roster through draft.

Bostonjorge
06-04-2017, 08:10 PM
How can anyone not like Durant and Green?

TrueFan420
06-04-2017, 08:13 PM
LOL, running around pointing to the sky and beating his chest and dancing out there, so humble. :rolleyes:

Curry on why he "beats his chest" and points to the sky...

Back in college my freshman year, my mom and I started that. Every time after the national anthem stopped, Id find her in the stands whenever she came to my game and wed do the sign to each other.

Basically means have a heart for God. It keeps the perspective for me why I play the game and where my strength comes from.
I started to do it just to her and then it became a thing after I made it. After each play, after I made a shot.

Its been a good kind of grounding.

-----

What an arrogant prick.

As for the dancing and stuff like that. Like i said he's become a little more arrogant on the court but it's an entertainment industry. He's there to literally give a show. And to call him fake humble spans more than just on the court. Curry off the court is extremely likable.

JLynn943
06-04-2017, 08:27 PM
I don't find him likable anywhere. You're a Warriors fan, so it makes sense you would, but he's most definitely fake humble.

THE MTL
06-04-2017, 08:47 PM
I just dislike Durants move with a passion. Its just so cowardly. I feel like a championship deserves an asterisk next to it.

Chronz
06-04-2017, 08:48 PM

California Love!
Hate hate Hate

Kobe started it before even entering the nba

One Nut Kruk
06-04-2017, 09:16 PM
I'm rooting for Cleveland because they are the underdog and the Bron haters are pretty intense. Without this win, it gets harder and harder for Bron to reach the Jordan status. He'll start running out of chances to get there.

I don't like LeBron, but his detractors have me rooting for him.

I would say the Lebron lovers are just as intense. And based on some of your recent defence, I'd say you're now one of them.

bucketss
06-04-2017, 09:24 PM
i was rooting for warriors at first because i was butt hurt over the 2nd round but kobe fans make me want to see lebron win one more.

Jeffy25
06-04-2017, 09:44 PM
I would say the Lebron lovers are just as intense. And based on some of your recent defence, I'd say you're now one of them.

Yeah, I didn't mean to become a Bron fan, but I feel like I have become that over the last couple of seasons. I just see so much nonsense directed at him that is consistently inaccurate or without context.

Hustla23
06-04-2017, 10:35 PM
I like Klay and Steph. I hate Durant for ruining the NBA and Green comes off as a huge poser and would probably be a relative unknown if he played literally anywhere else.

So it balances out to me being neutral towards them.

When I'm not watching my own team play I just want to see competitive games and KD basically ruined that for the next half decade (barring any injuries.)

goingfor28
06-04-2017, 10:36 PM
I'm rooting for someone to shove Stephs mouthguard down his throat.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tp13baby
06-04-2017, 10:44 PM
Hate GS. Curry is this fake tough guy. Didn't mind Klay until he called out Lebron. Durrant's move was cowardly. Zaza is a douche. Iggy is the biggest snake in the league.

NetsPaint
06-05-2017, 12:26 AM
Although they're not my team, l've been loving this team, especially since last season. They're so fun to watch, and to have all-time great shooters, and one of the shooters being the best of all-time, while being a great passing and defensive team, also being deep, it's amazing. What don't they have? They have mid-range shooters as well. The only thing they're missing is an elite big man which clearly isn't a problem for them. Maybe they can get Shaq out of retirement. Their logo, colors, and arena are awesome too. I understand where people are coming from with the whole Durant thing, but he fits like a GLOVE on that team. How could that team possibly get better, AND adding a Splash Brother? I was looking forward to it and am enjoying it. The only thing I would have liked to see differently though is the Warriors beating the Cavs this year without Durant (or at least win last year).

HandsOnTheWheel
06-05-2017, 01:37 AM
Might as well root for them at this rate. They're going to be the champions for the next 5-6 seasons, and that's not to mention all the records they will be breaking in the coming years. Can't wait to see all the bandwagon fans they end up with when its all said and done.

Saddletramp
06-05-2017, 03:54 AM
GSW. I dislike both teams, and both Durant and LeBron. Durant's championship wont be as impactful as Lebron's. So, there it is.

This made me legit lol. Hate both so the one who gets the less credit should win. Haha

burtgummer
06-05-2017, 04:47 AM
Fans on this site made this an easy choice
All the Bron Bron fan boys have turned me into a hater.The countless ridiculous threads that the mods wont do anything about are unbearable
Hoping Golden State gets the sweep

GoferKing_
06-05-2017, 05:04 AM
This made me legit lol. Hate both so the one who gets the less credit should win. Haha

Nailed it. :clap:

Lakers + Giants
06-05-2017, 05:16 AM
Warriors. Got $200 on em to win the series in under 7. Money talks. I root for whoever my $ is on!

Big Zo
06-05-2017, 05:58 AM
I'm just not giving this boredom fest any TV ratings.

Aust
06-05-2017, 06:16 AM
I haven't watched any of these terrible playoffs. I want the Warriors to win the series, but not a sweep. I want Cleveland to win once or twice.

At least it's a California team kicking ***...

Also, 3 Durant GSW rings <<<<<<<< 1 Dirk Mavs ring

PowerHouse
06-05-2017, 09:01 AM
Hate hate Hate

Kobe started it before even entering the nba

It dates back to the mid-70s when Kareem forced a trade to LA.

PowerHouse
06-05-2017, 09:14 AM
It dates back to the mid-70s when Kareem forced a trade to LA.

But I dont want to group Kareem together with KD/LBJ.

The Lakers were not very good at the time Kareem got there. He wanted to be a part of LA culture not to be on a super-team. But that happened later anyways lol.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2017, 09:20 AM
for fans of neither team, usually people like to see Goliath crash. That is me

Big Zo
06-05-2017, 09:26 AM
for fans of neither team, usually people like to see Goliath crash. That is me

But you're also LeBron's #1 fan, so you're obviously biased. Lol

Hawkeye15
06-05-2017, 09:47 AM
But you're also LeBron's #1 fan, so you're obviously biased. Lol

not at all. I really only started pulling for LeBron because back in 2008-09'-ish, I didn't understand why people crapped on him so much.

I like him as a player, but he is far from a favorite of mine.

mike_noodles
06-05-2017, 09:55 AM
This is the least interesting the NBA has ever been for me. I was all for the Warriors a few years ago, when they were up and coming, but the lack of competition is ridiculous. I thought the Cavs would win, I was wrong, so wrong.

Quinnsanity
06-05-2017, 10:05 AM
I've tried to stay as reasonable about this as possible, and I've sort of known all along that this is what would happen in the Finals, because well, the Warriors are that good, but man, I hate this. Who is this fun for? I can't imagine this championship means as much to Warriors fans as the first one did. I think there's a sanctity to competition, and that sanctity has been compromised by Kevin Durant. I've lost a lot of respect for him for that. If we're being honest, I could have won a championship with the Warriors too. Championships aren't about the destination. They're about the journey. Intelligent fans don't sit around counting rings. They reminisce about the moments it took to get there. LeBron's rings don't mean much without that incredible Game 6 against Boston, or the Game 6 comeback against the Spurs, or everything that happened last year. Jordan had to overcome the Pistons and then face a new challenger every year. Kobe and Shaq had Portland and Sacramento. They felt earned. This championship doesn't. And it sucks. It sucks for a lot of people, but mostly, it sucks for us, as fans, who are robbed of competitive playoffs because of it. So **** you, Kevin Durant.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2017, 10:06 AM
I've tried to stay as reasonable about this as possible, and I've sort of known all along that this is what would happen in the Finals, because well, the Warriors are that good, but man, I hate this. Who is this fun for? I can't imagine this championship means as much to Warriors fans as the first one did. I think there's a sanctity to competition, and that sanctity has been compromised by Kevin Durant. I've lost a lot of respect for him for that. If we're being honest, I could have won a championship with the Warriors too. Championships aren't about the destination. They're about the journey. Intelligent fans don't sit around counting rings. They reminisce about the moments it took to get there. LeBron's rings don't mean much without that incredible Game 6 against Boston, or the Game 6 comeback against the Spurs, or everything that happened last year. Jordan had to overcome the Pistons and then face a new challenger every year. Kobe and Shaq had Portland and Sacramento. They felt earned. This championship doesn't. And it sucks. It sucks for a lot of people, but mostly, it sucks for us, as fans, who are robbed of competitive playoffs because of it. So **** you, Kevin Durant.

bingo

redsoxknicks
06-05-2017, 10:25 AM
Since GS was homegrown (until KD of course) then I definitely have an appreciation for them. Also, they were well on their way to winning last year without KD until the suspension and the aftermath + Steph injury and a little too much lazy or tired play at the end.

Many of the same people who have backlash against KD are the same ones rooting for Lebron. That is hard to understand. Lebron is the one who created this monster and not once, not twice, .... This surely isn't KD's fault. GS basically had Cleveland beat last year until the suspension.

Lebron is used to having his way so like many, he is good while things are going his way, but when they aren't he sure has a lot to say to the officials along with history of flopping and throwing his teammates under the bus or asking for "help".

I hope he has to skip a couple more podiums.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2017, 10:35 AM
Since GS was homegrown (until KD of course) then I definitely have an appreciation for them. Also, they were well on their way to winning last year without KD until the suspension and the aftermath + Steph injury and a little too much lazy or tired play at the end.

Many of the same people who have backlash against KD are the same ones rooting for Lebron. That is hard to understand. Lebron is the one who created this monster and not once, not twice, .... This surely isn't KD's fault. GS basically had Cleveland beat last year until the suspension.

Lebron is used to having his way so like many, he is good while things are going his way, but when they aren't he sure has a lot to say to the officials along with history of flopping and throwing his teammates under the bus or asking for "help".

I hope he has to skip a couple more podiums.

because there are a lot of clear differences is why. Durant didn't leave a pile of crap to go lead a team to championships. He left an MVP caliber player, contending roster, to go join a superteam already in place that doesn't need him.

See the difference yet?

Now, if Miami, back in 2010, had Wade (and he didn't break down), Bosh, and CP3, already in place, and LeBron joined them? Yes, that would be exactly what Durant did.

BKLYNpigeon
06-05-2017, 10:56 AM
I get it if you don't have a rooting interest you alway go for the underdog in the race. I always rooted against the Cowboys and Yankees in the 90s etc. I kind of get the blacklash for the KD decision.

I just don't get all the Hate on Curry, its really puzzling.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2017, 10:58 AM
I get it if you don't have a rooting interest you alway go for the underdog in the race. I always rooted against the Cowboys and Yankees in the 90s etc. I kind of get the blacklash for the KD decision.

people hate the best, that just forms naturally. 2 time back to back MVP, championship, etc. Plus him shooting his fingers in the air, kicking in the air, twirling his hands around like spinning guns, blowing out the heat, skipping around, holstering those fingers, kissing his hand and pointing to the sky, after making a 3 against the Nets in November, get old.

I get I embellished, but the Warriors, at some point last season, got waaaaaaaaay too cutsie for me. While I will never have Laker hatred for them haha, I can't stand them. The Rockets, then Warriors, in that order are my least favorite teams. Durant is a huge part of that obviously.

D-Leethal
06-05-2017, 11:02 AM

Well, the first one came against a Cavs team without Irving and Love so that one couldn't have felt too good either.

BKLYNpigeon
06-05-2017, 11:11 AM
Maybe a lot of the hate come from the Get off the Lawn, Oldschool mentality. We all watched the NBA in the 90s and expect it to be played a certain way. It's that machismo alpha attitude, where you gotta be the man on the team. You're not a superstar if you do this or that. But the game is different now.

I guess it's the same way we hate on the younger Hipster Millenials. Lol

hugepatsfan
06-05-2017, 11:23 AM
Maybe a lot of the hate come from the Get off the Lawn, Oldschool mentality. We all watched the NBA in the 90s and expect it to be played a certain way. It's that machismo alpha attitude, where you gotta be the man on the team. You're not a superstar if you do this or that. But the game is different now.

I don't think it's anything deeper than what everyone has said. The Warriors were an all time great team - credit to them for that - and then Durant joined them. People think an MVP joining what was already an all time great is weak because it makes them impossible to beat. Not weak on the team's part but weak on the individual. Everyone just thinks Durant is a wuss. It's not really any deeper than that.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2017, 11:51 AM

If Jordan would have joined the Pistons in 1990, I am pretty sure he would have been destroyed..

mngopher35
06-05-2017, 11:59 AM

Basically been saying this, it's just not fun when it's so obvious. Most boring season in a long time for me

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 12:01 PM
because there are a lot of clear differences is why. Durant didn't leave a pile of crap to go lead a team to championships. He left an MVP caliber player, contending roster, to go join a superteam already in place that doesn't need him.

See the difference yet?

Now, if Miami, back in 2010, had Wade (and he didn't break down), Bosh, and CP3, already in place, and LeBron joined them? Yes, that would be exactly what Durant did.

So Durant joined a great team while Lebron orchestrated the gathering of a great team. Big deal.

They both, at their respective times, did what was the absolute best they could for them at the moment.

Just because one ended up better than the other doesn't mean that the two still didn't do essentially the same thing.

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 12:01 PM

Lmao, I read your "I could have won a championship, too" and realized that yup, you're not wrong. I'm tall and athletic enough to probably play 3rd as backup PG at this point and end up winning. This isn't even about right or wrong. It's about what KD has done to the sport in a negative way. I get it, he puts himself in a better position. But there has to be some sort of recollection of what it took to win that ring. I think we can all agree KD winning a ring for OKC would have been ten times more meaningful than the one with the Warriors. It's, truthfully, the weakest move I've seen in any sport.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2017, 12:12 PM
So Durant joined a great team while Lebron orchestrated the gathering of a great team. Big deal.

They both, at their respective times, did what was the absolute best they could for them at the moment.

Just because one ended up better than the other doesn't mean that the two still didn't do essentially the same thing.

nope, still not getting it. You are overlooking a lot of things dude. What each left, what each went to, what each was responsible for with their new teams, and a whole lot more.

At the end of the day, LeBron still needed to be the best player in the game/series for his teams to win. KD could stay at home with his binky and thumb in his mouth, and his team would be the favorite.

The only similarity, is free agency. What each did is different. My example holds true. If Miami, had CP3, Wade, and Bosh, and somehow had cap space to sign LeBron back in 2010 (and he left Dwight, or Dirk behind on his old team), now that is similar..

hugepatsfan
06-05-2017, 12:17 PM
No BDawk is right. If you want to strip it down the bare bones argument of him doing the 100% best option for him to win then yes, they are both alike. It's willful ignorance to do that but he's technically right.

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 12:20 PM
nope, still not getting it. You are overlooking a lot of things dude. What each left, what each went to, what each was responsible for with their new teams, and a whole lot more.

At the end of the day, LeBron still needed to be the best player in the game/series for his teams to win. KD could stay at home with his binky and thumb in his mouth, and his team would be the favorite.

The only similarity, is free agency. What each did is different. My example holds true. If Miami, had CP3, Wade, and Bosh, and somehow had cap space to sign LeBron back in 2010 (and he left Dwight, or Dirk behind on his old team), now that is similar..

Lmfao. Hard to consider LeBron even leaving Dwight.. What in the madness? Like, people are blaming the principle of what LeBron did rather than the impact. Yeah, LeBron and KD both left their respective team to go to a better team. But the facts matter and it's not comparable. LeBron didn't join a 73-9 team that won a ring a year before and were already considered to be a dynasty without KD. This is embarrassing. It seems the people defending Durant aren't doing it because they agree with it but because they just hate LeBron. And that's really pathetic. I'm an NBA fan first and foremost. I'm not an OKC fan if the NBA is pathetic. I'm sorry, I'm just not. And right now, it's hitting that level. Even though I knew KD was possibly going to leave, I was contempt with the dude going to Washington or Miami. He's given us 8 great years and if he felt it wasn't working there, it's his decision. But joining the Warriors was the ultimate disgrace to the sport. And quite frankly, when Cleveland loses this Finals, I am going to predict that many more will quit watching the NBA. If LeBron Cavs can't beat them, who will? What's the point?

SteBO
06-05-2017, 12:21 PM
More so anti-Durant than I am anti-Warriors. KD's phony persona wore thin with me a couple years ago and then to listen to him dismiss the media who's coddled him his whole career as well as the paying customer after joining the Warriors like a ***** drove the nail in the coffin.

I like all the other Warriors, including Draymond. At least he ain't fake.

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 12:22 PM
No BDawk is right. If you want to strip it down the bare bones argument of him doing the 100% best option for him to win then yes, they are both alike. It's willful ignorance to do that but he's technically right.

In principle, it is right. But that can be said for ANY player, no? Like, which player says to themselves, "How can I put myself in a worse situation?" But then you gotta ask yourself, was KD in a terrible situation with the OKC? He had Westbrook. Another top ten player. Did LeBron even have a top 30 player on his team? What if LeBron had a guy of Westbrook caliber all those seven Cleveland years?

KnicksorBust
06-05-2017, 12:27 PM

I'm glad you posted this because I agree. I still like Curry. I want sports to be competitive and there to be rivalries but I also want it to be fun. Who is having more fun out there than Curry? He plays so hard on defense and is constantly moving. He's low-key one of the most well conditioned athletes out there. He can deadlift 400 pounds. He's an absolute animal in the gym. That's part of why I have such respect for LeBron too. These guys don't get fat and out of shape. They outworked everybody. Curry is living proof that you can be a skinny 6'3 guy and become an MVP if you work hard enough. I love that. If he wants to have fun out there and kick his legs while the crowd is jumping out of their seats, fine by me.

I still hate Durant though.

I completely agree. Anytime someone complains about LeBron leaving Cleveland after carrying them for 7 years I just go right to "Who was their 2nd leading scorer?" "Oh you don't know? It was Mo Williams. Shut your mouth."

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 12:28 PM
I'm glad you posted this because I agree. I still like Curry. I want sports to be competitive and there to be rivalries but I also want it to be fun. Who is having more fun out there than Curry? He plays so hard on defense and is constantly moving. He's low-key one of the most well conditioned athletes out there. He can deadlift 400 pounds. He's an absolute animal in the gym. That's part of why I have such respect for LeBron too. These guys don't get fat and out of shape. They outworked everybody. Curry is living proof that you can be a skinny 6'3 guy and become an MVP if you work hard enough. I love that. If he wants to have fun out there and kick his legs while the crowd is jumping out of their seats, fine by me.

I still hate Durant though.

I completely agree. Anytime someone complains about LeBron leaving Cleveland after carrying them for 7 years I just go right to "Who was their 2nd leading scorer?" "Oh you don't know? It was Mo Williams. Shut your mouth."

You wanna know how bad that 2007 Finals team was? Skip Bayless and Chris Broussard BOTH thought that Mo Williams was on that team. The fact they think Mo Williams was on that team just shows they have no idea who LeBron played with. Outside of Big Z, you would have to show me their faces before I could give you a legitimate answer.

SteBO
06-05-2017, 12:31 PM
You wanna know how bad that 2007 Finals team was? Skip Bayless and Chris Broussard BOTH thought that Mo Williams was on that team. The fact they think Mo Williams was on that team just shows they have no idea who LeBron played with. Outside of Big Z, you would have to show me their faces before I could give you a legitimate answer.
Didn't Boobie Gibson have a 30 point game in that ECF against Detroit? Wonder what he's up to these days....

Scoots
06-05-2017, 12:36 PM
You know what doesn't get people to root for your team? Calling them the GOAT.

And annoying fans.

Kyben36
06-05-2017, 12:36 PM
For, but i hate the cavs slightly more than i hate gs, hate them both, but lebron is just a pain in my ***.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Didn't Boobie Gibson have a 30 point game in that ECF against Detroit? Wonder what he's up to these days....

probably hanging out with Troy Hudson and his 37 point game against the Lakers back in 2003

smith&wesson
06-05-2017, 02:35 PM
More so anti-Durant than I am anti-Warriors. KD's phony persona wore thin with me a couple years ago and then to listen to him dismiss the media who's coddled him his whole career as well as the paying customer after joining the Warriors like a ***** drove the nail in the coffin.

I like all the other Warriors, including Draymond. At least he ain't fake.

This ... percisely this.

Chronz
06-05-2017, 03:21 PM
In principle, it is right. But that can be said for ANY player, no? Like, which player says to themselves, "How can I put myself in a worse situation?" But then you gotta ask yourself, was KD in a terrible situation with the OKC? He had Westbrook. Another top ten player. Did LeBron even have a top 30 player on his team? What if LeBron had a guy of Westbrook caliber all those seven Cleveland years?

Tmac once looked at 3 contenders who could compete without him and thought to himself, "nah that would be too easy". KD looked up to Tmac, wish he had the same level of courage.

nastynice
06-05-2017, 03:46 PM

Honestly, if we finish the job, this one will feel the best, not even close.

This is sweet revenge. The league came in and ****ed with our chip because they wanted ratings. Well here you go. Here go your ratings. Good luck trying to figure out how to stop an all decade team from absolutely wrecking this league for 5 years.

Lebron shoves green to the ground because he was getting his **** served up to him on a platter, and the league fell for his bait. They all asked for it. That's why this one feels so sweet, cuz it's us giving these ****ers exactly what they asked for.

Cavs are the 2016 champs, won't take that away from them, but the way it went down, cmon now, you KNOW we weren't gonna leave it at that. So here you go lebron. Here you go nba. Figure this one out. Figure who you have to suspend this year for some bogus ****

See, this is the year that the realization sinks in. He was wrecking the east so he had no clue, that boy was in lala land right before we snatch him right back to earth. That's why this year is gonna be the sweetest. Not only to dismantle this squad in front of everyone to make a statement, but also let that long term vision settle in, cuz the **** just barely started.

Saddletramp
06-05-2017, 05:05 PM

I was having this discussion with some Kobephiles the other day at work (they're everywhere) and the name Boobie Gibson came up. I laughed and laughed. It was the end of the discussion.

Now I see others are laughing at that too. Can't make this garbage up.

Scoots
06-05-2017, 05:07 PM

I think he really is a nice humble guy, but on the court he's INCREDIBLY arrogant.

nastynice
06-05-2017, 05:10 PM
I think he really is a nice humble guy, but on the court he's INCREDIBLY arrogant.

Oh yea, I agree. Off the court tho, he does seem very legit humble dude. Glad that's not who he is on the court tho, on the court I wanna see a killer!

Saddletramp
06-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Honestly, if we finish the job, this one will feel the best, not even close.

This is sweet revenge. The league came in and ****ed with our chip because they wanted ratings. Well here you go. Here go your ratings. Good luck trying to figure out how to stop an all decade team from absolutely wrecking this league for 5 years.

Lebron shoves green to the ground because he was getting his **** served up to him on a platter, and the league fell for his bait. They all asked for it. That's why this one feels so sweet, cuz it's us giving these ****ers exactly what they asked for.

Cavs are the 2016 champs, won't take that away from them, but the way it went down, cmon now, you KNOW we weren't gonna leave it at that. So here you go lebron. Here you go nba. Figure this one out. Figure who you have to suspend this year for some bogus ****

See, this is the year that the realization sinks in. He was wrecking the east so he had no clue, that boy was in lala land right before we snatch him right back to earth. That's why this year is gonna be the sweetest. Not only to dismantle this squad in front of everyone to make a statement, but also let that long term vision settle in, cuz the **** just barely started.

Green got suspended because he was kicking nuts for months and then tried to punched Lebron's nuts because he flopped and was laying on the ground. He deserved it.

And how anyone can be proud of a turkey shoot is beyond me. GS won when Durant quit being a competitor. Barring injuries, the last 11 months have just been a formality.

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Green got suspended because he was kicking nuts for months and then tried to punched Lebron's nuts because he flopped and was laying on the ground. He deserved it.

And how anyone can be proud of a turkey shoot is beyond me. GS won when Durant quit being a competitor. Barring injuries, the last 11 months have just been a formality.

I haven't seen Green crack any nuts lately... but I thought "it's natural." Weird, the assumption is now that you can CONTROL your kicks. Who knew?

hugepatsfan
06-05-2017, 05:16 PM

That's not fair. GS fans should be really proud of what their team did. They built the most dominant team we've ever seen. That's for sure something to be proud of.

They gotta drop the act of trying to pretend KD is "brave" for going to GS because of the scrutiny or trying to equate him to Lebron's switching teams. That's all BS and deep down they know it. They should drop that act but hell ****ing yeah they should be proud they built the GOAT team. They drafted amazingly, made great role player signings and then pulled off Durant. Sure they had a cap spike but so did everyone else. It's an amazing accomplishment.

nastynice
06-05-2017, 05:40 PM

Hey man, you can either enjoy dominance, or you can cry about it. Which side are you on? lol

nastynice
06-05-2017, 05:41 PM
I haven't seen Green crack any nuts lately... but I thought "it's natural." Weird, the assumption is now that you can CONTROL your kicks. Who knew?

You can't control a flop? Haha, that's news to me!

Scoots
06-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Green still flails. I think he's got 2 or 3 career nut kicks. He's just been lucky this year. Kawhi kicked his leg out the same way but a coach praised his form using his leg to counter his body rotation.

lol, please
06-06-2017, 01:31 AM
Hey man, you can either enjoy dominance, or you can cry about it. Which side are you on? lol

Savage

lol, please
06-06-2017, 01:32 AM

Well said.

Chronz
06-06-2017, 01:18 PM
That's not fair. GS fans should be really proud of what their team did. They built the most dominant team we've ever seen. That's for sure something to be proud of.

They gotta drop the act of trying to pretend KD is "brave" for going to GS because of the scrutiny or trying to equate him to Lebron's switching teams. That's all BS and deep down they know it. They should drop that act but hell ****ing yeah they should be proud they built the GOAT team. They drafted amazingly, made great role player signings and then pulled off Durant. Sure they had a cap spike but so did everyone else. It's an amazing accomplishment.

If my team were in their shoes i would mock kd every game i attended. By their shoes i don't simply mean adding kd i mean adding kd to an already super power that accomplished a **** ton without his cowardly ***.

I guess that's the difference between an nba fan and a homer.

Chronz
06-06-2017, 01:21 PM

False. Without Bron that's not even remotely close to a great team. Without kd they prolly still win. If that doesn't matter to you so be it but know that it's unprecedented for a reason. Kd had the chip fall into his lap and women love being gifted so he did what any female would. Well except my girl, she likes to earn her awards

Vee-Rex
06-06-2017, 01:30 PM
I like Steph quite a bit, I'm glad for him. I also like Dray but I can understand why people don't like him. Klay is alright. I don't like KD much, though.

FWIW, my feelings are just fan feelings and don't extend to any of those guys personally.

IndyRealist
06-06-2017, 01:39 PM
False. Without Bron that's not even remotely close to a great team. Without kd they prolly still win. If that doesn't matter to you so be it but know that it's unprecedented for a reason. Kd had the chip fall into his lap and women love being gifted so he did what any female would. Well except my girl, she likes to earn her awards

Eh, he has a point. Lebron went to the best situation he possibly could, so did KD. Only by pure luck were the Warriors able to add him, due to the bloat from the tv deal. If the tv deal happen when the Decision did, and the Spurs were able to afford Lebron, you don't think he would have gone there?

Jeffy25
06-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Eh, he has a point. Lebron went to the best situation he possibly could, so did KD. Only by pure luck were the Warriors able to add him, due to the bloat from the tv deal. If the tv deal happen when the Decision did, and the Spurs were able to afford Lebron, you don't think he would have gone there?

Honestly? I think he wanted to play with Wade and Bosh because they were close personal friends, so it's something he wanted.

If he and Duncan were really tight personal friends, maybe?

Going back to Cleveland was obviously a good situation for him, but also it was Cleveland. I don't think he goes there if he was originally drafted by like the Wolves. He would have either stayed in Miami or went to Minnesota.

I think both situations were a combo of something he wanted, and something that worked out. It was a good fit and recipe both times.

It's funny though, because nobody gives him any crap if everybody just teams up in Cleveland (Wade and Bosh). Though, he wouldn't have Love and Kyrie right now (no draft for Kyrie or Wiggins)

tredigs
06-06-2017, 10:22 PM
Honestly? I think he wanted to play with Wade and Bosh because they were close personal friends, so it's something he wanted.

Going back to Cleveland was obviously a good situation for him, but also it was Cleveland. I don't think he goes there if he was originally drafted by like the Wolves. He would have either stayed in Miami or went to Minnesota.

I think both situations were a combo of something he wanted, and something that worked out. It was a good fit and recipe both times.

It's funny though, because nobody gives him any crap if everybody just teams up in Cleveland (Wade and Bosh). Though, he wouldn't have Love and Kyrie right now (no draft for Kyrie or Wiggins)

Bosh and 'Bron were not close personal friends, he was simply a top 3 big in the league and Wade + Bron (who are close personal friends) knew that they could talk him into teaming up together on the beach. Of course in order to do this they all had to take about 15 million off their contracts (which at ~110 million dollar contracts is a large portion). And presto - after a little collusion and a lot of money left on the table, 6 year contracts were signed. However they did all have early termination options after year 4, so Lebron exercised that at the first moment possible when he knew that a better situation could await him in Cleveland (after making sure to have them trade their #1 pick - who was HIGHLY touted at the time - for an All Star that could better help him win now).

lol, please
06-06-2017, 11:03 PM
tredigs dropping facts yet again, which means they will go ignored.

cmellofan15
06-06-2017, 11:19 PM
Bosh and 'Bron were not close personal friends, he was simply a top 3 big in the league and Wade + Bron (who are close personal friends) knew that they could talk him into teaming up together on the beach. Of course in order to do this they all had to take about 15 million off their contracts (which at ~110 million dollar contracts is a large portion). And presto - after a little collusion and a lot of money left on the table, 6 year contracts were signed. However they did all have early termination options after year 4, so Lebron exercised that at the first moment possible when he knew that a better situation could await him in Cleveland (after making sure to have them trade their #1 pick - who was HIGHLY touted at the time - for an All Star that could better help him win now).

top 3 big in the league??? LMAO when did you get so dramatic? he made all nba once in his career (2nd team btw), three years prior to them joining up and even then he wasn't a top 3 big in the league.

tredigs
06-06-2017, 11:33 PM
top 3 big in the league??? LMAO when did you get so dramatic? he made all nba once in his career (2nd team btw), three years prior to them joining up and even then he wasn't a top 3 big in the league.

Who's being dramatic here, it isn't me. It's not that farfetched to call him a top 3 big in the league at that time (a perennial All Star who was putting up an efficient 24 and 10 that season he left). But regardless he was certainly a top 3 big in the conference, and their best available option on the market (again so long as he agreed to take a 15 mil paycut in his first big free agency as well).

lol, please
06-06-2017, 11:37 PM

Name me 4 bigs CLEAR CUT better than a prime Bosh in 2009/10. Don't worry, i'll wait.

I'll even make it easier for you and give you the only two clear cut answers - Dirk and KG.

tredigs
06-06-2017, 11:48 PM
The All NBA omissions for Bosh make sense when you consider that the forward slots were being eaten up by the likes of Lebron, Carmelo, Durant and Paul Pierce at the time. A lot of small forwards. But when I'm thinking about it now, there were probably 4 or 5 legit bigs better than him; D Howard, Duncan, KG, Dirk and Pau). So I should say, a top 5 or 6 big overall (obviously a max player) and clearly the best man available to them.

lol, please
06-07-2017, 12:58 AM
I was waiting for him to drop the Gasols, he never did.

Durant I can concede. I will never, ever call Dwight a top 3 big in any era, even during his best statistical seasons. I'd be ashamed to even consider it.

tredigs
06-07-2017, 01:22 AM
I was waiting for him to drop the Gasols, he never did.

Durant I can concede. I will never, ever call Dwight a top 3 big in any era, even during his best statistical seasons. I'd be ashamed to even consider it.

Lol the Dwight shade. I mean Dwight had a quick fall off, but of course he was. Realistically he was the games best big for a few years there. Marc Gasol wasn't quite there as far as being better than Bosh though.

aman_13
06-07-2017, 01:32 AM
CB4 was a beast! Too bad no one saw that version.

lol, please
06-07-2017, 01:37 AM
The man was a legend in Toronto, what I'd do to see a prime Bosh on this DeRozan Raptors team right now. I have high hopes for them though once they bring in Melo and Wade to come off the bench, and make the finals run they've been due the past two seasons.

lol, please
06-07-2017, 01:39 AM
Lol the Dwight shade. I mean Dwight had a quick fall off, but of course he was. Realistically he was the games best big for a few years there. Marc Gasol wasn't quite there as far as being better than Bosh though.

I've just loathed the guy ever since the media wanted to paint him as the next Shaq lol. Like, comon.

And then he chose the Rockets in those Warriors/Rockets sweepstakes that one summer that left us heated rivals, lol the trash that was talked on here was epic.

SirSkyHook
06-07-2017, 07:26 AM
I hated when Lebron form the Heats Big 3 to have a easier path to a ring in the already depleted East, and I hated when he played hero to the franchise he left by coming back to form another Big 3 for a easy crack at the ring. I hate how people are acting like what Durant has done is somehow worse when the truth is there both chumps. I honestly hope Lebron chokes on what he started and the Warriors win, but next year I hope a team is strong enough to kick both teams in there bun holes. Lakers 4Life, but this series I hope the Warriors dethrone the Queen of the East.

I wander if Cavs fans can truly live in the moment knowing its possible that he might leave again if he finds an easier road to a ring. Every time hes about lose it must stir there biles.

It must be like having a super model wife that's cheated on you. Her by your side makes you better, buts its always in the back of your head when shes unhappy

Chronz
06-07-2017, 08:14 AM
I don't think he would have joined a historic team that has already proven so much without him, no. Was SAS even that good at the time? I remember the Mavs were able to afford him but he went to start something new with his brother. I honestly don't think Miami was the best playing situation but it's miami and bro life. I wonder how much kd enjoys silicon valley life and if he would have joined had they been so barren.

Hawkeye15
06-07-2017, 09:52 AM

what?

LA4life24/8
06-07-2017, 12:18 PM
I hated when Lebron form the Heats Big 3 to have a easier path to a ring in the already depleted East, and I hated when he played hero to the franchise he left by coming back to form another Big 3 for a easy crack at the ring. I hate how people are acting like what Durant has done is somehow worse when the truth is there both chumps. I honestly hope Lebron chokes on what he started and the Warriors win, but next year I hope a team is strong enough to kick both teams in there bun holes. Lakers 4Life, but this series I hope the Warriors dethrone the Queen of the East.

I wander if Cavs fans can truly live in the moment knowing its possible that he might leave again if he finds an easier road to a ring. Every time hes about lose it must stir there biles.

It must be like having a super model wife that's cheated on you. Her by your side makes you better, buts its always in the back of your head when shes unhappy

This is pretty much my sentiment on it. (I think we are the minority) but i dont see what they did THAT much different. Yes Kd went to the team that beat him but he didnt go there cuz he couldn't beat em he saw how they played team ball loved it and was tired of Westbrook bein Westbrook takin stupid shots ball hoggin and not to mention leave a franchise that wouldn't spend money to keep an actual championship contender together. They both went to the best situations they could at the time to win. They put winning over EVERYTHING and at the end pf the day i cant fault either of them more than rhe other because if you wanna win that badly you do anything to get there

KnicksorBust
06-07-2017, 12:21 PM

Well a huge part of it was that he had a special connection to Cleveland. It's not just leaving the team that drafted you by getting the lucky bounce of some ping pong balls. This was home. He left his home and abandoned people that have been cheering for him his whole life...

Now that's the narrative. I personally don't blame him as I've already said. He gave them plenty of time to put the right pieces around him. They blew it. Drew Gooden, Big Z, Mo Williams, Larry Hughes, on his last legs Shaq. That level of incompetence over that period of time (7 years) gave him a free pass to leave in my book.

hugepatsfan
06-07-2017, 12:29 PM
Well a huge part of it was that he had a special connection to Cleveland. It's not just leaving the team that drafted you by getting the lucky bounce of some ping pong balls. This was home. He left his home and abandoned people that have been cheering for him his whole life...

Now that's the narrative. I personally don't blame him as I've already said. He gave them plenty of time to put the right pieces around him. They blew it. Drew Gooden, Big Z, Mo Williams, Larry Hughes, on his last legs Shaq. That level of incompetence over that period of time (7 years) gave him a free pass to leave in my book.

I think Lebron's failure to embrace the idea of staying in CLE is a large part of their failures. He never committed and there are stories of role players who wanted to sign there but passing it up because they weren't sure he's staying. That constant pressure that he'd leave also forced them into short-sighted moves and trades because they always felt they needed to appease him in the moment rather than take a long-range view.

KnicksorBust
06-07-2017, 12:34 PM
I think Lebron's failure to embrace the idea of staying in CLE is a large part of their failures. He never committed and there are stories of role players who wanted to sign there but passing it up because they weren't sure he's staying. That constant pressure that he'd leave also forced them into short-sighted moves and trades because they always felt they needed to appease him in the moment rather than take a long-range view.

That's on them not on him. He's supposed to run around saying "I WILL NEVER LEAVE NO MATTER WHAT!" everyday with an "I Heart Cleveland" shirt on just to get them to make the right moves? It's not like they got him when he was 30 and had to go all in. They had him from the jump. 19 years old. I'm not buying the blame shift.

tredigs
06-07-2017, 01:25 PM
what?

I went into this in more detail shortly after if you're confused about the comment and we want to pretend that he wasn't an elite/top big in the game. Probably closer to top 5 in reality. But a perennial All Star and (more to the point) the best player available they could have gotten. The best possible situation he could have created in free agency - and it took them all taking >10% paycuts in order to do so. Ditto 'Bron leaving them at his first possible player option in order to join/create the next best possible situation while still remaining in the East.

Disagree with any of that?

tredigs
06-07-2017, 01:30 PM

To be fair, it's Cleveland. No marquee free agent will ever sign there unless there is history behind it. But there was a multi-year free agency discussion surrounding 'Bron and he did refuse to say he would stay. So that probably did not help. And a good thing too since he did not lol.

Hawkeye15
06-07-2017, 02:29 PM
I went into this in more detail shortly after if you're confused about the comment and we want to pretend that he wasn't an elite/top big in the game. Probably closer to top 5 in reality. But a perennial All Star and (more to the point) the best player available they could have gotten. The best possible situation he could have created in free agency - and it took them all taking >10% paycuts in order to do so. Ditto 'Bron leaving them at his first possible player option in order to join/create the next best possible situation while still remaining in the East.

Disagree with any of that?

I agree with the bolded.

I never thought that much of Bosh, before or with Miami. I think he picked the perfect time to peak for a big, right around the time the awesome bigs of the early 2000's were aging, and before the newer wave like Milisap/Marc hit it. I really never thought of him anywhere near a top 10 player at any point.

as far as the east comment, who exactly out west cleared the space to sign that FA class? The answer is nobody. Miami, NY, NJ, and Chicago were the only teams that went out of there way to be able to sign LeBron, and/or another one of those top guys.

Chronz
06-07-2017, 03:47 PM
I agree with the bolded.

I never thought that much of Bosh, before or with Miami. I think he picked the perfect time to peak for a big, right around the time the awesome bigs of the early 2000's were aging, and before the newer wave like Milisap/Marc hit it. I really never thought of him anywhere near a top 10 player at any point.

as far as the east comment, who exactly out west cleared the space to sign that FA class? The answer is nobody. Miami, NY, NJ, and Chicago were the only teams that went out of there way to be able to sign LeBron, and/or another one of those top guys.

Clips too but we didn't have cp3 yet iirc. He also could have orchestrated a trade to numerous ready made contenders had he wanted. Instead he chose to build his own power.

And we've already touched base on bosh but. Yeah he was definitely overrated and if you followed the raps that year you would remember how his fans trashed him for quitting on the playoff push and how hollow his stats were. Combine that with boah no longer wanting to play that style at that weight and you definitely don't have a bigman the likes of which he implies

Chronz
06-07-2017, 03:52 PM
To be fair, it's Cleveland. No marquee free agent will ever sign there unless there is history behind it. But there was a multi-year free agency discussion surrounding 'Bron and he did refuse to say he would stay. So that probably did not help. And a good thing too since he did not lol.

That's how sad it is, the likes of Trevor Ariza needed a promise to contend in Cleveland. That's it tho, not sure what other players y'all mentioning. When he recruited Bosh he was gonna resign in Cleveland according to the tale before they settled on the No Brainer in Miami. And there were still those other6years they had filled with numerous blunders. Even with a reupped bron they couldn't lure home town products to Cleveland, even over small markets.

Bron wishes his management was good enough to have a harden n ibaka to choose from. Instead he had a team that lacked discipline and foresight. Then again he would have had to been as bad of a player as kd to lose enough games to begin with.

KD didn't even have to take a paycut to get WAY more help

Gibby23
06-07-2017, 03:52 PM

lol, what? He is from the area, it is home. He wouldn't have given a **** about going back to the Wolves if they drafted him and he left.

Chronz
06-07-2017, 03:59 PM
lol, what? He is from the area, it is home. He wouldn't have given a **** about going back to the Wolves if they drafted him and he left.

Yeah that didn't add up to me either

ewing
06-07-2017, 04:08 PM
I agree with the bolded.

I feel the same way about KG. Overrated do to circumstance, then got himself on a super team. :)

Hawkeye15
06-07-2017, 04:15 PM
I feel the same way about KG. Overrated do to circumstance, then got himself on a super team. :)

As big of a pansy as KG was, he was far superior as a player than Bosh.

hugepatsfan
06-07-2017, 04:53 PM

Honestly, as great as BOS's Big 3 was, it really isn't a stacked team in an all time sense at all.

KG might be one of the weakest #1 options on a title team ever. At least going back to the 80s... the 03-04 Pistons (whoever is their #1), the Bad Boy Pistons (original IT) and the 2010 Mavs (Dirk) are the only teams whose #1 player I think you'd see below KG on any reasonable all time list. Curry seems on pace to rank higher than KG.

Pierce as a #2 option... probably better than Gasol when he was Kobe's running mate. Again better than whoever was #2 on the 03-04 Pistons. Definitely better than the Mavs #2 option. Probably a better individual player than the Bad Boy Pistons #2. Better than Shaq was when he was Wade's #2. Better than the Spurs #2 after the Admiral years. NO WAY is he better than Kobe as Shaq's #2 or Kareem as Magic's. Doubtful he's better than Wade when he was 2nd to Lebron. Not better than Pippen. Not better than Dr. J. Arguable with McHale.

Ray Allen was obviously an amazing #3 but Parish, James Worthy, Rodman, Ginobli have all been #3s too and I don't think he's a slam dunk better than any of those guys.

I know people call BOS a "super team" but honestly that's probably one of the worst teams to win a title in like 30 years if you're going by starpower. KG/Pierce/Ray isn't that strong in relation to the top 3 of most title teams. It's probably on the low end.

Hawkeye15
06-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Honestly, as great as BOS's Big 3 was, it really isn't a stacked team in an all time sense at all.

KG might be one of the weakest #1 options on a title team ever. At least going back to the 80s... the 03-04 Pistons (whoever is their #1), the Bad Boy Pistons (original IT) and the 2010 Mavs (Dirk) are the only teams whose #1 player I think you'd see below KG on any reasonable all time list. Curry seems on pace to rank higher than KG.

Pierce as a #2 option... probably better than Gasol when he was Kobe's running mate. Again better than whoever was #2 on the 03-04 Pistons. Definitely better than the Mavs #2 option. Probably a better individual player than the Bad Boy Pistons #2. Better than Shaq was when he was Wade's #2. Better than the Spurs #2 after the Admiral years. NO WAY is he better than Kobe as Shaq's #2 or Kareem as Magic's. Doubtful he's better than Wade when he was 2nd to Lebron. Not better than Pippen. Not better than Dr. J. Arguable with McHale.

Ray Allen was obviously an amazing #3 but Parish, James Worthy, Rodman, Ginobli have all been #3s too and I don't think he's a slam dunk better than any of those guys.

I know people call BOS a "super team" but honestly that's probably one of the worst teams to win a title in like 30 years if you're going by starpower. KG/Pierce/Ray isn't that strong in relation to the top 3 of most title teams. It's probably on the low end.

outside of Bird, wasn't the Celtics super team all traded for/signed? Even McHale was drafted from a pick they traded for.

I get that people get their panties in a bunch because GM's now have players to compete with, but what is the ****ing difference?

hugepatsfan
06-07-2017, 05:12 PM
outside of Bird, wasn't the Celtics super team all traded for/signed? Even McHale was drafted from a pick they traded for.

I get that people get their panties in a bunch because GM's now have players to compete with, but what is the ****ing difference?

I'm sorry I'm confused what your question is and what it has to do with my post? lol

Hawkeye15
06-07-2017, 05:20 PM
I'm sorry I'm confused what your question is and what it has to do with my post? lol

this whole "superteam" business. People are acting like LeBron created the first superteam that ever existed. They act like LeBron is the first to ever leave in Free Agency (it was Tom Chambers, Shaq being the first huge star to do so).

I was kinda just building on your point with random **** haha.

SfgiantsJD3
06-07-2017, 05:25 PM
this whole "superteam" business. People are acting like LeBron created the first superteam that ever existed. They act like LeBron is the first to ever leave in Free Agency (it was Tom Chambers, Shaq being the first huge star to do so).

I was kinda just building on your point with random **** haha.

We should really blame Curt Flood, without him all Pro athletes would be working stiffs in the off season

Chronz
06-07-2017, 05:48 PM
Man i wish we still had the compensation rule. Force kd into manhood

Hawkeye15
06-07-2017, 05:50 PM
We should really blame Curt Flood, without him all Pro athletes would be working stiffs in the off season

I will have to look up who that even is haha

Saddletramp
06-07-2017, 06:37 PM
I will have to look up who that even is haha

There's a pretty good documentary on him somewhere. He was a baseball player back in the 70's I think. Fought hard and every player owes him a huge debt of gratitude.

Sly Guy
06-07-2017, 11:59 PM
I'm rooting for good basketball. And I ain't getting any.

pacofunk64
06-08-2017, 12:05 AM
I'm rooting for good basketball. And I ain't getting any.

Yep that is all I was hoping for. At least tonights game was a good one. But still its like GS is just toying with them.

RaiderLakersA's
06-08-2017, 05:55 PM
Just here to see Durant get a ring. I don't care how he gets it, but that he's putting his signature all over the Finals is a plus.

IndyRealist
06-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Yep that is all I was hoping for. At least tonights game was a good one. But still its like GS is just toying with them.

I was telling my brother that it felt like they were trying to keep it under the spread.

lol, please
06-08-2017, 10:53 PM
Just here to see Durant get a ring. I don't care how he gets it, but that he's putting his signature all over the Finals is a plus.

:clap:

BKLYNpigeon
06-08-2017, 11:06 PM
I want to see History 16-0.

ricky.spanish
06-10-2017, 06:58 AM
As a Thunder fan the only problem I have is that it seems like KD is a lot more intense than he was when he was in OKC. I just feel that if he played with this kind of edge in OKC the Thunder wouldn't of lost to the Warriors last season. But then again I do consider myself a homer fan so whatever.

lol, please
06-10-2017, 03:37 PM
I want to see History 16-0.

Now we have to wait til next season, lol.

What other fans have the luxury of saying something like that?

blams
06-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Gotta root for the underdog. Despite it being impossible for them to win in 7.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk