PDA

View Full Version : Lakers passing on Ball?

More-Than-Most
06-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Maaaaaaaaaaaan his daddy gonna be pissed... I had ball in the 3-5 range... personally id rather have Fultz/Jackson/Fox over him.... jackson and ball were looking like 2 and 3 but now both could easily fall to 4-5.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/report-lakers-would-pass-on-lonzo-if-draft-was-today-not-sure-hes-a-star-469802.html

Jeffy25
06-03-2017, 07:21 PM
Ball, the first predicted bust before even being drafted lol

Dude has skills for sure, but man, I can see him falling outside of the top 5

LongIslandIcedZ
06-03-2017, 07:32 PM
I'd bet he's still going 2.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

metswon69
06-03-2017, 08:06 PM
If the Lakers think there is someone just as talented at #2, I can understand them passing on the distraction that is Lavar Ball.

C-ross12
06-03-2017, 09:27 PM
I would take Jackson at 2, and also consider Tatum, Fox and Smith there as well.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-03-2017, 09:28 PM
How far does he drop? Do you want to get him knowing he'll demand a trade or will leave you in FA?

europagnpilgrim
06-03-2017, 09:42 PM
He will pull a Steve Francis/Kobe and get his wish

LOb0
06-03-2017, 11:06 PM
I wouldn't go near this guy with his idiot father throwing a fit. "Oh he's not getting enough playing time" I could see this lunatic demanding a trade. He's that insane.

Sssmush
06-03-2017, 11:24 PM
Sounds like Fox might be another Russell Westbrook and Josh Jackson is possibly best athlete in the draft.

To me that's what the Lakers roster lacks right now, a player with unquestionable elite athleticism. I mean Nance has elite athleticism except not the ultra quickness. DAngelo, Randle and Ingram are all athletes but also largely skill players with very good NBA athleticism but not *wow* factor elite blue chip athleticism. Although Dangelo can knock people over with speedy directional change and Randle is strong af and Ingram really fast for a 6'10".

But yeah a Kawhi / Westbrook / Wade type would be a gamechanger for the Lakers.

j-bay
06-03-2017, 11:29 PM
Someone put the camera on both Lonzo's and LaVar's face when the Lakers pick someone else. It would probably be like the QB and the agent from the movie "Draft Day". I can see both of them storming out of the arena as well.

FlashBolt
06-03-2017, 11:47 PM
Lakers are trying to put a front because Boston might try to draft Lonzo and fck with their plan... it's a mind game at this point. We all know Lakers want Lonzo.

hugepatsfan
06-03-2017, 11:55 PM
From what I see with Lonzo, and I don't pretend to be an expert, is that he has amazing vision to execute passes but he doesn't really "create" those lanes. I think against NBA athleticism, length and defensive ability he'll struggle to make things happen because he doesn't really operate well in the half court creating offense. He just capitalizes on what's there and there will be less there in the NBA.

Scoots
06-04-2017, 12:08 AM
If this was a Lakers smokescreen would they include the slam of LaVar?

A lot of people are not convinced Ball should go above some other players, a lot of people are convinced he should. We'll know in a few years.

I hope he doesn't go to Lakers ... I don't want to hear from his Dad again.

JLynn943
06-04-2017, 12:54 AM
If he drops to us, I'd be okay with Sacramento taking him as that probably means Fox and Jackson are off the board. I just don't want to deal with LaVar's BS when we aren't winning right away...

superwill
06-04-2017, 01:19 AM
God please allow Lonzo and Lavar to land in Sacramento God please 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

superwill
06-04-2017, 01:28 AM
God please allow Lonzo and Lavar to land in Sacramento God please 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Scoots
06-04-2017, 10:27 AM
I think it would be best for LaVar to end up out of the spotlight where there are strong personalities in place to tell him to STFU ... Memphis would be good. San Antonio would be perfect.

PropheticGeius
06-04-2017, 09:03 PM
The Laker would pass on ball - not because of his Dad - but because of his abilities

He's too slow to be an elite PG. In case you didn't notice - the modern game is all about SPEED and QUICKNESS at the PG position and Ball has neither.

xxplayerxx23
06-04-2017, 10:53 PM
Ball isn't slow. Hopefully he falls to 8

PropheticGeius
06-05-2017, 01:41 AM
If Ball had Lebron or Durant type of talent the Lakers wouldntcare who his dad is

The fact is his talent level isn't high enough

Aust
06-05-2017, 06:26 AM
Not buying this at all. If we somehow didn't pick Ball then it better be Jackson.

This could make some sense:

I think it actually puts the most pressure on the Ball camp. They desperately want to go 2nd. If it seemed like a lock they'd have more leverage to not do everything during the individual workout that LA wants. Now they may do whatever it takes, which would result in LA having the most info possible before selecting in the draft & could shed a lot of light on the magnitude of Lonzo's perceived weaknesses.

If we do pass, Ball would be AMAZING in Philly. I've seen 6er fans online talk in-depth about it too. The passing on that team would be :drool:. He would be the secondary playmaker to Simmons. He would space things out and be able to knock the 3ball down them. Philly is a big market for the BBB crap and Lavar will likely spend most of the time in Cali with his highschool kid and UCLA kid.

TheDish87
06-05-2017, 04:00 PM
not many in our forum want Ball. i personally dont like the fit. it wouldnt be negative but i dont see it being ideal compared to others.

Alayla
06-05-2017, 04:20 PM
No no and more no on ball as a sixers fan.

Aust
06-05-2017, 05:21 PM
Keith Smith‏ @KeithSmithNBA

Every NBA front office person I have talked to still expects the Lakers to draft Lonzo Ball. Most said "those reports are just noise."

Smokescreen

Scoots
06-05-2017, 08:48 PM
Smokescreen

Or the smokescreen is a smokescreen.

LA4life24/8
06-05-2017, 10:26 PM
Or the smokescreen that is a smokescreen is a smokescreen: smokeception

M.V.W.
06-06-2017, 12:13 AM

That'd be straight comedy, especially after them dealing w/ Boogie.

mrblisterdundee
06-06-2017, 12:53 AM
Ball might not be the most athletic, but he looks like a good choice, especially with the modern emphasis on ball movement and shooting. The Lakers could have 35 feet of wingspan point guard through center, two guys who can run the offense and if Ingram remembers how to hit threes three good shooters.

LA4life24/8
06-06-2017, 09:48 AM
Ball might not be the most athletic, but he looks like a good choice, especially with the modern emphasis on ball movement and shooting. The Lakers could have 35 feet of wingspan point guard through center, two guys who can run the offense and if Ingram remembers how to hit threes three good shooters.
Ingram will be fine i think. Hes still super young and was cpming on pretty strong towards the end. His first half of the season was historically bad but given his age and rawness not surprising.

Thats one reason im okay w ball (i want JJ personally) but i think ball will accelarate ingrams growth esp. He might be able to help maximize all these guys games which is the most exciting/thing to like about ball.

COOLbeans
06-06-2017, 11:46 AM
Ingram will be fine i think. Hes still super young and was cpming on pretty strong towards the end. His first half of the season was historically bad but given his age and rawness not surprising.

Thats one reason im okay w ball (i want JJ personally) but i think ball will accelarate ingrams growth esp. He might be able to help maximize all these guys games which is the most exciting/thing to like about ball.

I haven't seen much of Ball's game. Who do you think he reminds you of?

LA4life24/8
06-06-2017, 12:15 PM
Well just his body movement like the awkward gracefulness reminds me of magic. The first time i watched him play i was really like damn dude moves so awkward but it works and it made me think magic.

But his actual game reminds me of Jkidd. His offensive awareness is off the charts. He does stuff w the ball you dont expect and it usually leads to the easiest way of scoring for that play. He lacks a quick first step to get around defenders (kidd too) but has handles and can shoot the J but zero midrange. But also finishes at the rim very well. Very very similar to jkidd. Idk if he'll be that good thats just what i see.

COOLbeans
06-06-2017, 04:58 PM
Well just his body movement like the awkward gracefulness reminds me of magic. The first time i watched him play i was really like damn dude moves so awkward but it works and it made me think magic.

But his actual game reminds me of Jkidd. His offensive awareness is off the charts. He does stuff w the ball you dont expect and it usually leads to the easiest way of scoring for that play. He lacks a quick first step to get around defenders (kidd too) but has handles and can shoot the J but zero midrange. But also finishes at the rim very well. Very very similar to jkidd. Idk if he'll be that good thats just what i see.

Well if hes anywhere close to being a Jason Kidd with a better jumpshot then he needs to be the number 1 pick and you guys would be lucky to get him at 2. The thing about Kidd though is his mind. If he has the skillset of a Kidd then hopefully you guys dont pass on him

LA4life24/8
06-07-2017, 05:18 PM
Well if hes anywhere close to being a Jason Kidd with a better jumpshot then he needs to be the number 1 pick and you guys would be lucky to get him at 2. The thing about Kidd though is his mind. If he has the skillset of a Kidd then hopefully you guys dont pass on him

Ill put it this way. Id say lonzos floor is prolly sean livingston post injury. He actually reminds me quite a bit of a pre injury livingston coming out of high school. Slightly less athletic w a bit more iq similar vision