PDA

View Full Version : Why has Jimmy Butler been in trade rumors the last couple years? And why has Rubio

NetsPaint
06-02-2017, 11:23 PM
been in trade rumors?

I don't get the Butler rumors. It seems like whenever it's mentioned it's as if he's on the decline or something even though he's young and his rise to stardom is recent. Is he horrible in the locker room? Is he trouble with management? I don't understand it all. I'd like somebody with maybe knowledge of this to let me know. A young two-way star being on the trade block confuses me.

As far as Rubio, I get that he's had his ups and downs, but I've always been a fan. He's had injuries and his mom died last year, and his grandmother died in January of this year.

I know his past shooting percentage, but he's improved a lot since the All-Star break. Also, with that Timberwolves squad, he's a great fit. He's gets guys such as Towns the ball in ways most PGs wouldn't. That kind of passing isn't easily replaceable. He's also an excellent defender.

He's not on a big contract either. I don't get why I always see "Towns, Wiggins, LaVine" as their future when a young 26 years of age premier passer who can bring it all together hasn't been mentioned much for a while aside from trade rumors.

Twolves88
06-02-2017, 11:41 PM
As far as Rubio is concerned a big part of the frusteration has been his poor scoring. He finishes around the rim at a very low rate. Basically in a lot of our eyes he has not improved in shooting or finishing. With the league becoming much more scoring focused his style of game does not fit well currently. With that being said he can be amazing if he would continue to build off of his second half of last year. However, history has shown us that he has not been able to consistently keep this level of play.

NetsPaint
06-02-2017, 11:48 PM
As far as Rubio is concerned a big part of the frusteration has been his poor scoring. He finishes around the rim at a very low rate. Basically in a lot of our eyes he has not improved in shooting or finishing. With the league becoming much more scoring focused his style of game does not fit well currently. With that being said he can be amazing if he would continue to build off of his second half of last year. However, history has shown us that he has not been able to consistently keep this level of play.
Guessing that you've watched a lot more Timberwolves games than me, has he even played enough to warrant any sort of assumptions? He was injured a bit. I can understand the concern, but I feel like the risk is worth it considering what he brings at his best and he's not on a bad contract. His rookie season was excellent too, so he always had this kind of play in him. I think the Timberwolves need to give him a shot next season. It's not like it was a contract year this past regular season.

LOb0
06-03-2017, 12:26 AM
Bulls management has disliked Butler for being outspoken about things. That and the fact they're headed no where but the 8th seed has led them to want to rebuild.

GREATNESS ONE
06-03-2017, 01:07 AM
Bulls should go full rebuild mode, Wolves should trade Rubio for a high pick.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-03-2017, 09:06 AM
Butler I believe mentioned he didn't want Bulls to match his RFA's that time and came close to taking the QO. But with new CBA he took the money anyway.

Hawkeye15
06-03-2017, 11:58 AM
Butler because he is a star player on a team stuck in the mud.

Rubio has been linked to trades since his draft. Mostly by NY media. NY media generates a lot of rumors that grow into national sites for no reason. Remember NY media and fans wanted him in the draft badly, and it just keepa coming around, even if many NY peeps have soured on him. The other factor is Thibs. Any player who played 1 second for him is now rumored to be a Wolf.

With Rubio, I have been blowing off rumors for 2 years now. He will always be mentioned.

effen5
06-03-2017, 03:12 PM
Butler because our dumbass management values or moron of a coach over jimmy

BoSox47
06-03-2017, 04:16 PM
Butler because our dumbass management values or moron of a coach over jimmy

Maybe Butler should stop getting into beefs with every vet they have. Noah, Rose, Rondo, Dwade. Or maybe he should stop complaining that its tough to play for Thibs, then when they get a new coach he blatantly disrespects his coach by blowing off play calls. Then he completely gave up on his team in the playoffs against the celtics, to the point where Dwade called Butler out on giving up.

Jimmy Butler is a Diva and the Bulls probably want to get similar value for him and relieve themselves of the headaches he causes.

flea
06-03-2017, 04:27 PM
I don't get why the Wolves would even consider trading Rubio. Neither of their stars is a primary ballhandler and Rubio still has the potential to become a Jason Kidd-light sort of player. If you think you have a guy who can become the best big man in the league that is exactly the type of guard you search high and low for.

Playing PG and C are the hardest positions to learn at an NBA level because of the offensive and defensive demands, respectively. It's very rare that a player comes into the league as an impact offensive player at PG unless they're a scorer or an impact defensive player as a C.

Chronz
06-03-2017, 04:35 PM
I don't get why the Wolves would even consider trading Rubio. Neither of their stars is a primary ballhandler and Rubio still has the potential to become a Jason Kidd-light sort of player. If you think you have a guy who can become the best big man in the league that is exactly the type of guard you search high and low for.

Playing PG and C are the hardest positions to learn at an NBA level because of the offensive and defensive demands, respectively. It's very rare that a player comes into the league as an impact offensive player at PG unless they're a scorer or an impact defensive player as a C.

Same here. Rubio has to be given the keys tho. Thibs wasted the season not trusting him

effen5
06-03-2017, 05:04 PM
Maybe Butler should stop getting into beefs with every vet they have. Noah, Rose, Rondo, Dwade. Or maybe he should stop complaining that its tough to play for Thibs, then when they get a new coach he blatantly disrespects his coach by blowing off play calls. Then he completely gave up on his team in the playoffs against the celtics, to the point where Dwade called Butler out on giving up.

Jimmy Butler is a Diva and the Bulls probably want to get similar value for him and relieve themselves of the headaches he causes.

Everything you have said is completely wrong except one...his beef was legit with Noah. That's it, everything else you said was false.

BoSox47
06-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Everything you have said is completely wrong except one...his beef was legit with Noah. That's it, everything else you said was false.

1) Jimmy butler Derrick Rose beef:

Butler joined The Jump on ESPN on Wednesday and was asked about the Rose trade to the Knicks. The Bulls wing said the team called him about the move and that it wasn't a surprise that it happened, but he knew it was going to be one of them.
"I can't say that I was surprised but I knew that it had to be one of us to tell you the truth."
Butler praises Rose quite a bit, much like he did in an Instagram post right after the point guard was traded. Rachel Nichols mentioned the underlying story all season long of a battle between them, which Butler chalked up to the Bulls not winning and not making the playoffs. Some of that is certainly true but there were stories of unrest between Butler and Rose along with Butler and coach Fred Hoiberg throughout their first season since Tom Thibodeau parted ways with the team.

No beef but Butler saying that one of them had to be traded.

2) Jimmy Butler Rondo Beef:

My vets would never go to the media. They would come to the team. My vets didn't pick and choose when they wanted to bring it. They brought it every time they stepped in the gym whether it was practice or a game. They didn't take days off. My vets didn't care about their numbers. My vets played for the team. When we lost, they wouldn't blame us. They took responsibility and got in the gym. They showed the young guys what it meant to work. Even in Boston when we had the best record in the league, if we lost a game, you could hear a pin drop on the bus. They showed us the seriousness of the game. My vets didn't have an influence on the coaching staff. They couldn't change the plan because it didn't work for them. I played under one of the greatest coaches, and he held everyone accountable. It takes 1-15 to win. When you isolate everyone, you can't win consistently. I may be a lot of things, but I'm not a bad teammate. My goal is to pass what I learned along. The young guys work. They show up. They don't deserve blame. If anything is questionable, it's the leadership.

^^ Rondo calling out Jimmy Butler on being a diva and running to the media with his problems instead of dealing with things as a team.

3) Dwade calling Jimmy Butler out for quitting on the team VS the celtics:

"We run a lot to jimmy, so its not about the shot selection obviously if he wasnt shooting it was because he didnt want to shoot, we put the ball in his hands a lot"

Butler only shot twice in the entire 4th quarter, he gave up on the team in that series.

4) Butler disrespecting his coach and blowing off play calls:

Yet the belief persists in front office circles that Butler is no fan of Hoiberg. In fact, a scout with a rival team told Bleacher Report heís witnessed persistent episodes when Butler, Rondo and Wade have ignored plays Hoiberg has called.

Scoots
06-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Butler's perceived issues as a "team" guy.

Rubio's health and development issues.

Both players are easily good enough to be valued by their current teams, but they are wearing down and teams that are not winning start looking to make moves just because they need to make a move.

If you put Rubio or Butler on the Warriors/Cavs they'd be valued at a much higher level by the league because their weaknesses would be hidden and their strengths magnified ... the opposite happens when you lose.

WaDe03
06-04-2017, 11:17 AM

Maybe you need to learn what you're talking about before you post lol. Wade and Jimmy never beefed and Wade never called Jimmy out for giving up, they both called the team out on the same night and everyone on the team said it made them better.

As for the question, the Bulls FO is top 3 worst I've probably ever seen. They're so incapable of doing anything its really shocking to me. Hopefully Butler gets a way out and Wade leaves. Haslem said yesterday he knows Wade ants to compete for a championship but he also has a lot of money in Chicago so we'll see what he does.

LOb0
06-04-2017, 12:20 PM

Hell no. Butler was calling out Hoiberg for not coaching D and holding guys accountable like Thibs was.

I haven't heard anything Butlers said I disagree with.

AllBall
06-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Because the Bulls are run by a potato.

And because the Timberwolves always seem like an easy team to trade with.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Rubio is great for the Wolves core.

effen5
06-05-2017, 01:34 AM
1) Jimmy butler Derrick Rose beef:

No beef but Butler saying that one of them had to be traded.

2) Jimmy Butler Rondo Beef:

^^ Rondo calling out Jimmy Butler on being a diva and running to the media with his problems instead of dealing with things as a team.

3) Dwade calling Jimmy Butler out for quitting on the team VS the celtics:

Butler only shot twice in the entire 4th quarter, he gave up on the team in that series.

4) Butler disrespecting his coach and blowing off play calls:

1) Like you said, there was no beef between Jimmy and Rose. They just never gelled.

2) Both Jimmy and Wade called out the team. Rondo was sticking up for the young guys but there was no real beef between the 3.

3) Again, there was no beef between Wade and Jimmy. Wade protected Jimmy all year.

4) Jimmy on disrespecting our dumbass coach...Heres a few quotes

"I believe in the guys in this locker room but I also believe we probably have to be coached a lot harder at times," Butler said, according to The Chicago Tribune's Chris Kuc. "I'm sorry, I know Fred is a laid back guy and I really respect him for that but when guys aren't doing what they're supposed to do, you have to get on guys --€” myself included."

Jimmy wanted to be coached harder. I personally don't give a **** about Fred Hoiberg, if the entire team wanted not listen to him thats fine by me. He hasn't done **** for the team and created a terrible culture in the locker room.

...belief in front office circles that the only reason Forman and Paxson entertained trade proposals for Butler was because dealing him would protect Hoiberg.

"Getting rid of Butler saves Fred's job," another person in the NBA coaching business said.

And lastly why Jimmy doesn't trust anyone in this organization?

What I was told is ó and I donít know who it was in the front office; I donít have a name ó but that he was told, ďWell, if you donít take this, weíre going to play Tony Snell your minutes. Weíre going to play Tony Snell over you, and then good luck trying to get this kind of money when your number sare down. And that, if itís true ó and itís what I was told, and I believe it, but itís the same thing of any gossipy industry that youíre in ó then it doesnít make sense that Jimmy Butler canít stand the front office and loves Thibs, because Thibs apparently went, ďNo, Iím not playing Tony Snell over Jimmy Butler. Are you freaking kidding me?Ē

And jimmy never denied the story....if i remember correctly, his response was "oh that happened so long ago."

Jimmy Butler isn't the problem. Our front office is.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2017, 02:33 PM

agreed. Thib's needs to put even more trust in Rubio imo. Let him fully run the offense. A confident Rubio is seriously a top 10 PG in the game, imo.