PDA

View Full Version : LeBron needs a plan

Pages : [1] 2

LOb0
06-02-2017, 01:01 AM
Um, as long as this Warrior team is around, he's winning a total of zero rings in the future. I mean that's it. He'll keep going to finals and getting crushed.

Bron I'm sure knows this, it might be time to bail on Cleveland to level the playing field. He might have to consider something drastic like another another team, like say SA if he wants his legacy to continue to grow.

Defensively this Cavs team is bad. Core players are just bad on D. I don't think it's something fixable.

lol, please
06-02-2017, 01:11 AM
He has three options:

A. Meet Wade at the Raptors
B. Meet Wade at the Celtics
C. Retire

LOb0
06-02-2017, 01:11 AM
He has three options:

A. Meet Wade at the Raptors
B. Meet Wade at the Celtics
C. Retire

D. Join SA who has cap space, crush GS.

likemystylez
06-02-2017, 01:13 AM
Um, as long as this Warrior team is around, he's winning a total of zero rings in the future. I mean that's it. He'll keep going to finals and getting crushed.

Bron I'm sure knows this, it might be time to bail on Cleveland to level the playing field. He might have to consider something drastic like another another team, like say SA if he wants his legacy to continue to grow.

Defensively this Cavs team is bad. Core players are just bad on D. I don't think it's something fixable.

LMAO if lebron ditches the cavs AGAIN to ring chase- then nobody can say **** bout kd anymore. there comes a point when the ring chasing gets ridiculous for a guy who people are comparing to the greatest of all time

likemystylez
06-02-2017, 01:14 AM
D. Join SA who has cap space, crush GS.

maybe he could just join golden state for the minimum and be assured a ring for the next 6 or 7 yrs

LOb0
06-02-2017, 01:15 AM
LMAO if lebron ditches the cavs AGAIN to ring chase- then nobody can say **** bout kd anymore. there comes a point when the ring chasing gets ridiculous for a guy who people are comparing to the greatest of all time

LeBron's best player was Mo Williams. Durant's was Westbrook. He also lost due to choking and than ran to the team he choked against. Which happened to be a 73 win team.

It's not comparable. If LeBron did leave it would be perfectly understandable because he needs to counter this GS garbage.

LOb0
06-02-2017, 01:16 AM
maybe he could just join golden state for the minimum and be assured a ring for the next 6 or 7 yrs

GS fans: Would be a great move. Durant is literally doing the equivalent of buying rings off Ebay right now. Only difference is he's getting paid for them.

likemystylez
06-02-2017, 01:20 AM
LeBron's best player was Mo Williams. Durant's was Westbrook. He also lost due to choking and than ran to the team he choked against. Which happened to be a 73 win team.

It's not comparable. If LeBron did leave it would be perfectly understandable because he needs to counter this GS garbage.

hes the best player on the planet- 4-5 hrs ago all the lebron fans thought that was enough to predict a finals win for lebron.

likemystylez
06-02-2017, 01:23 AM
besides Lob0- I think your being a bit harsh after one game. warriors will not have 4 turnovers every game this series and if they do- then it dont matter if durant is here or not- its unreasonable to expect to beat a team that never turns the ball over. Also cavs wont have 20 turnovers.

I do think warriors and cavs will both shoot better though. lots of missed layups on both sides. well see how the game looks in clev on wednesday. if warriors win by double digits- i might agree with you that theres a problem with the cavs

FOXHOUND
06-02-2017, 01:33 AM
So you're saying LeBron needs to jump to a team for a 3rd time? No, he doesn't need to do that. If Cleveland does indeed have a 2014 level beat down then they will need to make adjustments, but the solution for LeBron is not doing a Decision Part III. :laugh2:

More-Than-Most
06-02-2017, 01:40 AM

its like you guys dont comprehend or use your basketball logic... lebron wont bolt but yet again IF HE DID IT WOULDNT BE TO THE TEAM THAT JUST SPANKED HIM AND WERE ALREADY THE BEST TEAM IN THE ****ING WORLD... Why is this so hard to comprehend?

More-Than-Most
06-02-2017, 01:40 AM

that would be the durant thing to do and then nobody could say **** about durant

More-Than-Most
06-02-2017, 01:41 AM
hes the best player on the planet- 4-5 hrs ago all the lebron fans thought that was enough to predict a finals win for lebron.

again the lack of logic... ALL THE LEBRON FANS AND THE REST OF THE WORLD WERE PICKING THE ****ING WARRIORS IN 5 OR 6... My god

BKLYNpigeon
06-02-2017, 01:50 AM
Yesterday Lebron was GOAT. If he gets Swept does his status change?

5ass
06-02-2017, 01:55 AM
Join the wolves.

BKLYNpigeon
06-02-2017, 01:57 AM
GS fans: Would be a great move. Durant is literally doing the equivalent of buying rings off Ebay right now. Only difference is he's getting paid for them.

You mad Bro?

Quinnsanity
06-02-2017, 02:05 AM
The takes in this thread christ.

mngopher35
06-02-2017, 03:20 AM
Join the wolves.

this guy gets it

Saddletramp
06-02-2017, 05:06 AM
He's not leaving again. He got Cle its title and the way GS is going, he won't lose any cred by losing.

GoferKing_
06-02-2017, 05:26 AM
Nothing will help Lebron's legacy, he went to a super team in Miami, then he made a super team in Cleveland. Running is his legacy.

Lil Rhody
06-02-2017, 05:28 AM
Not have 8 TOVs. That's a great plan

BDawk4Prez
06-02-2017, 07:12 AM
People still crying about Durant and defending Lebron, funny.

If anyone believes that GS was only an option because they happened to beat okc, well, that's silly.

Lebron apologists in full force though. Lebron got what he wanted in Cleveland. If anyone is to blame for their lack of surrounding talent, it's on him to take some of it. Only so much you can do when one guys demands so much. Don't be mad at KD, be upset with the slugs being trotted out in Cleveland like RJ, KK, JRS, and TT.

Cle is outcoached, outclassed, and outTEAMed. Luckily for them, they play in the JV-East.

archdevil84
06-02-2017, 07:19 AM
lebron should join the sixers to see if he can carry the worst NBA team to a finals

More-Than-Most
06-02-2017, 07:51 AM

If anyone believes that GS was only an option because they happened to beat okc, well, that's silly.

Lebron apologists in full force though. Lebron got what he wanted in Cleveland. If anyone is to blame for their lack of surrounding talent, it's on him to take some of it. Only so much you can do when one guys demands so much. Don't be mad at KD, be upset with the slugs being trotted out in Cleveland like RJ, KK, JRS, and TT.

Cle is outcoached, outclassed, and outTEAMed. Luckily for them, they play in the JV-East.

what about every other West team that was outclassed and destroyed? I will wait... Lebron won a title last year so the warriors ran and got the 2nd best player in he league and destroyed the only real competition they had... Durant knew what he was doing and he has had a cake walk of a season.

More-Than-Most
06-02-2017, 07:52 AM
lebron should join the sixers to see if he can carry the worst NBA team to a finals

We would destroy the warriors with Embiid inside and Lebron and saric .. It wouldnt go 6 games

hugepatsfan
06-02-2017, 08:02 AM
Yesterday Lebron was GOAT. If he gets Swept does his status change?

No. GS is just a monster. They're pretty much a team USA starting 5. That doesn't reflect poorly on Lebron to lose to them.

Scoots
06-02-2017, 08:45 AM

He would fit in perfectly. The Warriors love 6'7" smart players who can do everything. I dare say LeBron could start at PF/SF for the Warriors.

GREATNESS ONE
06-02-2017, 09:09 AM
:laugh2:

RowBTrice
06-02-2017, 09:24 AM
Nothing will help Lebron's legacy, he went to a super team in Miami, then he made a super team in Cleveland. Running is his legacy.

Yanks All Day
06-02-2017, 09:25 AM
The spreads of Games 1 and 2 of last year's NBA Finals were 15 and 33, respectively. It's a little early to end the series after Game 1. Not that the Warriors didn't look like a superior team, but there's a reason they play best of 7 and not one-and-done. If Cleveland turns around and wins Game 2, then the first 2 games are a win for the road team for getting the split. Series change momentum 3 or 4 times within the series itself. I'm not putting too much stock into one game, no matter how good GS looked or how bad CLE did.

GREATNESS ONE
06-02-2017, 09:59 AM
Curb Stomping Sunday coming soon.

BKLYNpigeon
06-02-2017, 10:08 AM
No. GS is just a monster. They're pretty much a team USA starting 5. That doesn't reflect poorly on Lebron to lose to them.

The Cavs are a stacked team as well. They have 3 allstars and statically one of the best 3 point shooting teams.

hugepatsfan
06-02-2017, 10:34 AM
The Cavs are a stacked team as well. They have 3 allstars and statically one of the best 3 point shooting teams.

Yes they have an outstanding roster. GS's is really that much better than it though. They won a title and then the next year they had the all time wins record and were up 3-1 in the Finals before the GOAT had his career best stretch to improbably escape game 7 with a victory. All your all time great teams - GS was already up there with them. Then they added an MVP, top 20 all time player and arguably the greatest individual scorer in NBA history to that all time great team. The talent gap is really that wide. It just is what it is.

Hawkeye15
06-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Well, the skies aren't opening up and allowing San Antonio a max deal, soooooooo, tough cookies LeBron. Tough cookies rest of NBA, GS won't be touched with this 4 man core in place anytime soon.

Game 1 played out exactly as I predicted/expected. This GS team is the most talented team in NBA history (post merger). It's laughable.

Hawkeye15
06-02-2017, 10:47 AM

They are a great team. Unfortunately, GS is a legendary team.

Seriously people, show me one team that can lose an MVP winner in their peak, and still be the easy favorite to win the title. Because that is what GS literally is.

Kyben36
06-02-2017, 11:16 AM
Lol this just in, lebron tarnishes his legacy more by leaving his home town team again to chase more rings, the guy would be a total tool if he did again, if he cant beat them with kyrie and love, sorry, gotta say you aint the goat.

tredigs
06-02-2017, 11:20 AM
They are a great team. Unfortunately, GS is a legendary team.

Seriously people, show me one team that can lose an MVP winner in their peak, and still be the easy favorite to win the title. Because that is what GS literally is.

Oh they wouldn't be favorites. Cavs coasted through the playoffs and put up legendary offensive numbers. Especially being the reigning champs, and with the Warriors having to either start Livingston or Iggy (and losing depth accordingly), they would be considered underdogs. Maybe right around a push considering the Warriors would still have HCA.

Here's my short term game-plan for Lebron going into Game 2: Don't turn the ball over more than the entire opposing teams players, and try to at least pay attention on defense.

Hawkeye15
06-02-2017, 11:24 AM
Oh they wouldn't be favorites. Cavs coasted through the playoffs and put up legendary offensive numbers. Especially being the reigning champs, and with the Warriors having to either start Livingston or Iggy (and losing depth accordingly), they would be considered underdogs. Maybe right around a push considering the Warriors would still have HCA.

Here's my short term game-plan for Lebron going into Game 2: Don't turn the ball over more than the entire opposing teams players, and try to at least pay attention on defense.

don't agree with you at all.

You are underrating how bad the Cavs defense has been this year.

tredigs
06-02-2017, 11:30 AM
don't agree with you at all.

You are underrating how bad the Cavs defense has been this year.

Well, I mean, if you think that then they're not so great of a team are they? They're certainly not short on All Stars or talent.

If LBJ plays like he did last night, they certainly have no chance of beating any variation of Golden State. That team looked worse than Utah without George Hill, and much of that stemmed from their carelessness with the ball and subsequent throttling in transition (spearheaded by James).

likemystylez
06-02-2017, 11:32 AM
again the lack of logic... ALL THE LEBRON FANS AND THE REST OF THE WORLD WERE PICKING THE ****ING WARRIORS IN 5 OR 6... My god

shannon sharp would disagree with you, as would jimmy jackson, carlos boozer, and greg anthony

Hawkeye15
06-02-2017, 11:36 AM
Well, I mean, if you think that then they're not so great of a team are they? They're certainly not short on All Stars or talent.

If LBJ plays like he did last night, they certainly have no chance of beating any variation of Golden State. That team looked worse than Utah without George Hill.

huge difference between an all star, and a perennial all NBA player.

Yep, LBJ needs to be the best player in the series by a mile for his team to win it all. What's new?

Please don't confuse my sentiments regarding the series as saying LeBron doesn't have help. The Warriors are a special kind of loaded dude. I think this team beats anything in history. And anyone who responds with, "the 80-90's, you need a big man", well guess what? GS has a smidge of perimeter talent to flip for a dominant big man if need be.

GS is the most talented team I have ever seen, and the most talented team since the 60's Celtics. Just is what it is. As a GS fan, just enjoy it, instead of fighting the obvious. Nobody is making excuses for LeBron. The Cavs should lose this series. If LeBron wants to continue his attempt at the ghost, these are series that will allow him to catch that ghost. If he loses, guess what? Another opportunity to catch that ghost is wasted, and that's that.

tredigs
06-02-2017, 11:41 AM
huge difference between an all star, and a perennial all NBA player.

Yep, LBJ needs to be the best player in the series by a mile for his team to win it all. What's new?

Please don't confuse my sentiments regarding the series as saying LeBron doesn't have help. The Warriors are a special kind of loaded dude. I think this team beats anything in history. And anyone who responds with, "the 80-90's, you need a big man", well guess what? GS has a smidge of perimeter talent to flip for a dominant big man if need be.

GS is the most talented team I have ever seen, and the most talented team since the 60's Celtics. Just is what it is. As a GS fan, just enjoy it, instead of fighting the obvious. Nobody is making excuses for LeBron. The Cavs should lose this series. If LeBron wants to continue his attempt at the ghost, these are series that will allow him to catch that ghost. If he loses, guess what? Another opportunity to catch that ghost is wasted, and that's that.

Oh I'm not fighting anything lol. I'm just saying, let's go ahead and hold LBJ/Cavs accountable for turning in a **** performance. Last night's Cavs and LBJ were far from the best team/player the Warriors have faced this post-season.

Chronz
06-02-2017, 12:09 PM
Only way to save his legacy is to join GS. Here's hoping he has the courage to take the hardest road

GREATNESS ONE
06-02-2017, 12:11 PM
Only way to save his legacy is to join GS. Here's hoping he has the courage to take the hardest road
Well if the pst shows anything, he's going to take the easy road.

Chronz
06-02-2017, 12:12 PM

Yeah. My advice to bron is to make the ball go in the hole more than yesterday. Hopefully he wises up

Chronz
06-02-2017, 12:15 PM
There's that thing called defense. Of which the cavs have very few left. Old man RJ was vital last year and to counter, they added KD. Let that sink in when You say words like "Stacked too".

Cleveland is MUCH closer to every other team in the league than they are to GS.

LA4life24/8
06-02-2017, 12:18 PM
The series isnt over yet. As someone said it was a huge point spread the first two games last year and then cleveland won by 30 in game 3.

I know they didnt have durant last year yada yada but the dubs played a fhuckin perfect game last night and the cavs played pretty chitty. It could easily go the other way the next game. Its still going 6 or 7 and my moneys on 7.

David stern will make sure of it ;)

Hawkeye15
06-02-2017, 12:19 PM
Yeah. My advice to bron is to make the ball go in the hole more than yesterday. Hopefully he wises up

I remember a sideline interview with Pops one game

Reporter: "What can you tell your guys that will help the offense in this next period"
Pops: "I will ask them nicely, if they can make more shots"

LA4life24/8
06-02-2017, 12:21 PM
I remember a sideline interview with Pops one game

Reporter: "What can you tell your guys that will help the offense in this next period"
Pops: "I will ask them nicely, if they can make more shots"

Pops bein pops gets tiresome sometimes but dude is funny af for sure

effen5
06-02-2017, 12:23 PM
I agree with the poster earlier, goto the Wolves and make that the next power house!

LOb0
06-02-2017, 12:27 PM
The series isnt over yet. As someone said it was a huge point spread the first two games last year and then cleveland won by 30 in game 3.

I know they didnt have durant last year yada yada but the dubs played a fhuckin perfect game last night and the cavs played pretty chitty. It could easily go the other way the next game. Its still going 6 or 7 and my moneys on 7.

David stern will make sure of it ;)

They actually had something resembling defense last year.

tredigs
06-02-2017, 12:29 PM
There's that thing called defense. Of which the cavs have very few left. Old man RJ was vital last year and to counter, they added KD. Let that sink in when You say words like "Stacked too".

Cleveland is MUCH closer to every other team in the league than they are to GS.

I mean, they lost one game in the Eastern Conference Playoffs and it took blowing a 20 point 2nd half lead with Marcus Smart channeling his inner Curry. They had no competition. Now they're getting to see what it's like to be the Celtics. Granted, I suspect 'Bron won't get slapped around by KD all series like he did last night, so we should get to see the real Cavs sooner than later.

mngopher35
06-02-2017, 12:30 PM
I agree with the poster earlier, goto the Wolves and make that the next power house!

This guy gets it too

Chronz
06-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Lol this just in, lebron tarnishes his legacy more by leaving his home town team again to chase more rings, the guy would be a total tool if he did again, if he cant beat them with kyrie and love, sorry, gotta say you aint the goat.
The goat wouldn't win with those2. Do you even care about defense? Wake me up when MJ beats a CLEARLY superior team like this then you'll make sense

RowBTrice
06-02-2017, 12:38 PM
I'm hoping for 3 more games just like last night's.......

LOb0
06-02-2017, 12:43 PM
The goat wouldn't win with those2. Do you even care about defense? Wake me up when MJ beats a CLEARLY superior team like this then you'll make sense

Not sure if he'd win but, 8 turnovers...

Chronz
06-02-2017, 12:46 PM
I mean, they lost one game in the Eastern Conference Playoffs and it took blowing a 20 point 2nd half lead with Marcus Smart channeling his inner Curry. They had no competition. Now they're getting to see what it's like to be the Celtics. Granted, I suspect 'Bron won't get slapped around by KD all series like he did last night, so we should get to see the real Cavs sooner than later.
Not seeing what this has to do with my post, are you agreeing with me here? Your team is ACTUALLY undefeated whilst facing superior comp. I think i May have underrated the dubs tho, used some of my guaranteed cheddar to pick them in 5.

It was so weird to watch with my friends too, they LOATHE Bron. One of them made an easy 500 yesterday (idk how) and he claims to have been rooting for bron regardless. Not sure i believe him but it reminds me of what it took for Wilt to finally get the adulation and support from the masses. It took a bigger bully. Bron may actually start winning people over thanks to KD ganging up to FINALLY have a chance at besting the bron

Chronz
06-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Not sure if he'd win but, 8 turnovers...

I've seen mj win games playing much worse against inferior comp.

Chronz
06-02-2017, 12:49 PM

I want 3 more but add just 1 win for Cleveland in a nail biter when the coasting dubs coast just abit too much.

GREATNESS ONE
06-02-2017, 01:06 PM

Lol this!

Chronz
06-02-2017, 01:46 PM
Lol this!

**** it, I'll lose a benjamin but at least it will be a quick death. Lets get this hogwash of a season over with already. If there were a way to just give KD his honorary titles and ask him to just join a team that actually needs him, that would be AWESOME.

BDawk4Prez
06-02-2017, 02:39 PM
what about every other West team that was outclassed and destroyed? I will wait... Lebron won a title last year so the warriors ran and got the 2nd best player in he league and destroyed the only real competition they had... Durant knew what he was doing and he has had a cake walk of a season.

What about them? They aren't in this discussion, but if it makes you feel better, add them. GS is the mecca of what a real team is, from coaching to the last bench player.

Durant looked at his options and chose wisely, the hate he gets for it is dumb. Claiming it's any different that what Lebron did is just as dumb.

LOb0
06-02-2017, 02:55 PM
I've seen mj win games playing much worse against inferior comp.

That seems to be your go to excuse for every time Bron or CP3 has a bad game. "Player X won a game"

Bron has played worse and won too. What is your point? Did Jordan have an 8 turnovers finals game?

LOb0
06-02-2017, 02:58 PM
What about them? They aren't in this discussion, but if it makes you feel better, add them. GS is the mecca of what a real team is, from coaching to the last bench player.

Durant looked at his options and chose wisely, the hate he gets for it is dumb. Claiming it's any different that what Lebron did is just as dumb.

But it's completely different in every way.

- Name LeBron's best Cavs teammate.
- LeBron did not join a team where he could sit on the bench and still win a ring
- He did not join the team he choked against the previous year.

It's dumb if you can't see the massive differences.

Chronz
06-02-2017, 03:03 PM
That seems to be your go to excuse for every time Bron or CP3 has a bad game. "Player X won a game"

Bron has played worse and won too. What is your point? Did Jordan have an 8 turnovers finals game?

Because its an appropriate response to when people isolate games in such a fashion. Maybe not always a winning argument but its a start.

Why would I care about a single stat tho? I've seen players play worse, including Bron himself, in victory. I guess my point is, what is your point? Bron played below his standards if thats all you want to say but really, outside of superhuman displays, can you see GS being beat, even if he had zero turnovers?

LOb0
06-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Because its an appropriate response to when people isolate games in such a fashion. Maybe not always a winning argument but its a start.

Why would I care about a single stat tho? I've seen players play worse, including Bron himself, in victory. I guess my point is, what is your point? Bron played below his standards if thats all you want to say but really, outside of superhuman displays, can you see GS being beat, even if he had zero turnovers?

You should never give a player a pass for not playing well, even if they had no chance anyway. I guess Bron could have just threw in the towel last year and you'd have given him a pass.

KingPosey
06-02-2017, 03:10 PM
The cavs need to do something in the paint because the Warriors could have dunked 40 times and no one was in sight.

Also Lebron needs to man up and guard KD, he wanted no part of it and I'm not just bashing him. He HAS to do it and e actively avoided it.

In the 3rd there was a play where Lebron was stuck on KD and a SOFT screen happened and he poured and forced deron Williams to switch over on KD and of course he casually shot a jumper over the top of him.

I know carries a heavy load on offense but they won't win if he doesn't check KD

LOb0
06-02-2017, 03:15 PM
The cavs need to do something in the paint because the Warriors could have dunked 40 times and no one was in sight.

Also Lebron needs to man up and guard KD, he wanted no part of it and I'm not just bashing him. He HAS to do it and e actively avoided it.

In the 3rd there was a play where Lebron was stuck on KD and a SOFT screen happened and he poured and forced deron Williams to switch over on KD and of course he casually shot a jumper over the top of him.

I know carries a heavy load on offense but they won't win if he doesn't check KD

He needs to stop being triple double LeBron and go back to 2009 vs Orlando, and game 5,6 finals last year Bron.

Score the damn ball should be his primary focus.

Chronz
06-02-2017, 03:24 PM
You should never give a player a pass for not playing well, even if they had no chance anyway. I guess Bron could have just threw in the towel last year and you'd have given him a pass.

Thats the thing tho, I disagree with you that he didn't play well. I thought Bron played well given the circumstances, 8 t.o. dont tell the entire story.

Chronz
06-02-2017, 03:25 PM
He needs to stop being triple double LeBron and go back to 2009 vs Orlando, and game 5,6 finals last year Bron.

Score the damn ball should be his primary focus.

I trust Bron's ability to read/react and determine how to dissect a team as a series progresses more than you. Its not as simple as you think IMO, I think Bron would love to score at will to that degree, its about how you get there.

LOb0
06-02-2017, 03:29 PM
I trust Bron's ability to read/react and determine how to dissect a team as a series progresses more than you. Its not as simple as you think IMO, I think Bron would love to score at will to that degree, its about how you get there.

It was quite amazing that he just turned it on in game 5 and 6 last year when everyone started confronting him about it. From the opening tip his aggression and even his shooting form were completely different.

I really don't think it will matter in the end but, him scoring is the best chance they got.

tredigs
06-02-2017, 03:40 PM

Yes, if Lebron did not have the 2nd most turnovers in a half in his 14 year career (and probably a top 10 turnover half for any player in any NBA game ever) then that 8 point first half deficit is looking more like a Cavs first half lead, and who knows where that momentum takes them. Especially in a game where the Warriors turned it over less than any team in Finals history, they were significant. If he even has an average performance for himself the game plays out far differently. But, credit to the Warriors D, he did not. He was bad (99 O rating + a total nothing defensively - woof), and should obviously be held accountable. Instead, all we got was more praise from him and Lue after the game about how amazing the Warriors are. It's almost like they're incessantly talking about the competition in order to save face. Hmm.

nastynice
06-02-2017, 03:40 PM

Good point. Just because KD made lebron his ***** last night doesn't mean he's gonna make him his ***** for the whole series.

Tho there still is a good chance that happens

nastynice
06-02-2017, 03:42 PM

Yup. This is the diff between him and Jordan I mentioned in the other thread

BDawk4Prez
06-02-2017, 03:57 PM
But it's completely different in every way.

- Name LeBron's best Cavs teammate.
- LeBron did not join a team where he could sit on the bench and still win a ring
- He did not join the team he choked against the previous year.

It's dumb if you can't see the massive differences.

There can still be a difference in exacts, but still fall in line with the same overall concept.

Who cares who Durant lost to last year? Why is any of that at all relevant? It makes for a crappy story line and something for people to hang on to for nothing more than to just complain.

Lebron formed a "Super Team" in Miami. He's formed one in Cle with Kyrie/Love. It's not Durant's fault that Lebron just formed the lesser squad.

Chronz
06-02-2017, 04:22 PM
Yup. This is the diff between him and Jordan I mentioned in the other thread
Lol. Wat?

Bosston
06-02-2017, 04:31 PM

****... we agree on something.

LOb0
06-02-2017, 08:08 PM
There can still be a difference in exacts, but still fall in line with the same overall concept.

Who cares who Durant lost to last year? Why is any of that at all relevant? It makes for a crappy story line and something for people to hang on to for nothing more than to just complain.

Lebron formed a "Super Team" in Miami. He's formed one in Cle with Kyrie/Love. It's not Durant's fault that Lebron just formed the lesser squad.

It is his fault, that why he's getting less credit.

nastynice
06-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Lol. Wat?

Lebron don't want no part of KD, I knew this coming in. Jordan would never shy away. He's not afraid of being embarrassed, lebron is

Raps18-19 Champ
06-02-2017, 08:42 PM

Durant looked at his options and chose wisely, the hate he gets for it is dumb. Caiming it's any different that what Lebron did is just as dumb.

The circumstances of him leaving is what makes his situation embarrassing, not that he left OKC.

If he wanted to win a ring, GSW was the best team to go to by far. As long as he realizes he had everything he needed in OKC to win that same ring and should have had that ring had he not chocked.

Lebron also wanted a ring. He was not given nowhere near the tools than Durant had during his first stint in Cleveland.

If Durant wants to leave and he's a FA so be it. No point infighting when people call him a coward though. That's the context he's set for himself. He went to the team he couldn't beat because he failed. He seems to know this and as long as Durant can admit that, I do not have any ill will towards him.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-02-2017, 08:48 PM

There's a major difference.

They both wanted a ring. Durant had everything he needed to win one where he was. Lebron didn't. There's quite a big difference there.

Lebron went to Miami so he can finally obtain the players/coaching that you need to win a title and that Cleveland was never going to give him. Durant had everything he needed, failed and still thought he needed more.

likemystylez
06-02-2017, 08:59 PM
The circumstances of him leaving is what makes his situation embarrassing, not that he left OKC.

If he wanted to win a ring, GSW was the best team to go to by far. As long as he realizes he had everything he needed in OKC to win that same ring and should have had that ring had he not chocked.

Lebron also wanted a ring. He was not given nowhere near the tools than Durant had during his first stint in Cleveland.

If Durant wants to leave and he's a FA so be it. No point infighting when people call him a coward though. That's the context he's set for himself. He went to the team he couldn't beat because he failed. He seems to know this and as long as Durant can admit that, I do not have any ill will towards him.

I think durant handled the free agency with so much more class than lebron. He didnt go out and try and rub it in anybodys face. he was completely respectful to his old team and thanked them for everything. He actually put thought into how he was going to announce it and tried to put consideration to all parties effected. He didnt go on tv dancing with his new team mates the next day saying "not 1, not 2, not 3....... etc. Infact, I watched all of the intiial interviews and press conferences here in the bay area with durant, and I dont remember even hearing him say a word about championships when talking about what he liked about the team, their presentation and the organization.

Its amazing to me why people attack the guys character as much as they do. People tend to focus on the parts of the move that KD didnt have absolute control over. 1)They just won 73 games (KD didnt have anything to do with that- it shouldnt limit his options), 2) They just beat you in the playoffs (KD didnt decide who his team would play against- that shouldnt limit his options) 3) Kd already had a superstar in westbrook (KD had no idea if westbrook would re sign because westbrook gave no indication either way at that time, and he watched his organization just dump james harden in order to save the owner a dime)

Meanwhile, everything KD did have control over- he did the best he could to do the right thing and say the right things all along the line. I understand you cant make everyone happy and KD couldnt sign with everybody.... but all you can really ask of him is that he does his best to be respectful to everyone on every side of the situation while he makes a decision for himself. (which is what free agency is)

tredigs
06-02-2017, 09:02 PM

It's not like KD was joining the Grizzlies if he beat them though. He joined the team with cap room to sign him that made the most sense for him from a lifestyle and basketball viewpoint (in his words). Bron ran back to Cleveland once they had the assets to compete and his first super team started to wane on him. **** happens. We move on. Here's hoping CP3 runs to the Spurs to form their own juggernaut. Clearly KD disliked his situation with Westbrook in OKC enough to leave a contender. That actually takes huge nuts knowing the backlash he would get from a community he helped flourish (and still does). I don't think he gives 1 **** what the random fan of other teams think. He's happy playing ball again.

More-Than-Most
06-02-2017, 09:31 PM
It's not like KD was joining the Grizzlies if he beat them though. He joined the team with cap room to sign him that made the most sense for him from a lifestyle and basketball viewpoint (in his words). Bron ran back to Cleveland once they had the assets to compete and his first super team started to wane on him. **** happens. We move on. Here's hoping CP3 runs to the Spurs to form their own juggernaut. Clearly KD disliked his situation with Westbrook in OKC enough to leave a contender. That actually takes huge nuts knowing the backlash he would get from a community he helped flourish (and still does). I don't think he gives 1 **** what the random fan of other teams think. He's happy playing ball again.

if it wasnt the warriors you would be *****ing and stomping durant into the ground like there was no tomorrow... You have become the kind of poster you always ridiculed lol

Raps18-19 Champ
06-02-2017, 09:36 PM

Maybe not, but in that scenario, the idea of him leaving because he wanted a ring when he had everything he needed all along still would hold true.

If he wins, It's still possible he leaves, but clearly the proportion of him leaving because of the ring would probably decrease.

If he won a title in OKC in 2012 and 2016 (when they have good shots), I highly doubt he would leave and if he did, I doubt would leave citing winning championships as the biggest reason why.

If he's happy and all, it's fine with me. I don't have a problem with a FA leaving as they have no obligation to their prior team, but just don't give some BS answer or try to justify something is obvious. It seems pretty obvious in this case what the reason is and he hasn't fought it so I do not have a problem with KD leaving.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-02-2017, 09:42 PM
I think durant handled the free agency with so much more class than lebron. He didnt go out and try and rub it in anybodys face. he was completely respectful to his old team and thanked them for everything. He actually put thought into how he was going to announce it and tried to put consideration to all parties effected. He didnt go on tv dancing with his new team mates the next day saying "not 1, not 2, not 3....... etc. Infact, I watched all of the intiial interviews and press conferences here in the bay area with durant, and I dont remember even hearing him say a word about championships when talking about what he liked about the team, their presentation and the organization.

Its amazing to me why people attack the guys character as much as they do. People tend to focus on the parts of the move that KD didnt have absolute control over. 1)They just won 73 games (KD didnt have anything to do with that- it shouldnt limit his options), 2) They just beat you in the playoffs (KD didnt decide who his team would play against- that shouldnt limit his options) 3) Kd already had a superstar in westbrook (KD had no idea if westbrook would re sign because westbrook gave no indication either way at that time, and he watched his organization just dump james harden in order to save the owner a dime)

Meanwhile, everything KD did have control over- he did the best he could to do the right thing and say the right things all along the line. I understand you cant make everyone happy and KD couldnt sign with everybody.... but all you can really ask of him is that he does his best to be respectful to everyone on every side of the situation while he makes a decision for himself. (which is what free agency is)

As I said, I have no problem with a FA leaving their previous team as they are no longer obligated. They can sign with whoever they want and they can do it with class or be a cocky prick. So long as you don't lie about why you are leaving, I am cool with it. If you told me X guy signed a max with Philly or the Nets when everyone else was offering 80% and said the reason they went there was because they thought they had a good shot at winning, well that's clearly BS. You went there for the money.

The reason behind KD is obvious. Whatever the reason is, you guys already "won" this battle. You got KD and everyone else on the team is jealous. There is really no need for you people to change the narrative why he went there. Just enjoy the ride and have fun while it lasts.

tredigs
06-02-2017, 09:53 PM
if it wasnt the warriors you would be *****ing and stomping durant into the ground like there was no tomorrow... You have become the kind of poster you always ridiculed lol

Hilarious/stupid comment seeing as I was the one here beating the drum backing up LBJ's decision to join the Heat. You can argue the nuance all you want, but they are very much grouped together in rational.

Saddletramp
06-02-2017, 10:22 PM

Not for nothing but I doubt we see anyone ever again celebrate like Lebron did because he vilified for it and players (even him) saw that it came off the wrong way. He was excited to play with his friends under Pat Riley's direction in every athletes dream city while also making money for charity.

KD knew he was going to suffer backlash and stayed inside and played video games. Coward move, coward reaction.

TrueFan420
06-02-2017, 10:24 PM
There's a major difference.

They both wanted a ring. Durant had everything he needed to win one where he was. Lebron didn't. There's quite a big difference there.

Lebron went to Miami so he can finally obtain the players/coaching that you need to win a title and that Cleveland was never going to give him. Durant had everything he needed, failed and still thought he needed more.

Really? He was on a team that's ownership wouldn't pay taxes to keep what would have been an epic core together. Yes he had a great player in Westbrook but he's got a me first mindset and won't do what's needed to actually win. A coach who did exactly what the guy they fired did... Not create a legit flowing offense to maximize their players. They basically played ISO ball and told everyone else to defend. OKC was far from everything he needed to win.

Cleveland was willing to give Bron whatever he wanted. Hell they tried too and just missed on the players they added. They went out and got talent just not the right type of players. Larry Hughes was a good player coming off an All-Star appearance. Played very good D but was a slasher. Bron needs shooters. But Bron left to team up with Wade and Bosh and claimed on TV that they'd win not 1,2,3 but 7 championships. He then left them after failing to do just that and joined two young all stars in Irving and Love.

TrueFan420
06-02-2017, 10:32 PM
Not for nothing but I doubt we see anyone ever again celebrate like Lebron did because he vilified for it and players (even him) saw that it came off the wrong way. He was excited to play with his friends under Pat Riley's direction in every athletes dream city while also making money for charity.

KD knew he was going to suffer backlash and stayed inside and played video games. Coward move, coward reaction.

He could have danced on stage like Bron. He could have stood in front of every media outlet and answer questions about why he left OKC. You'd still call him a coward. If anything he's brave for doing what he knew would cause a big backlash because it's what HE wanted rather than stay in OKC or go to the Wizards like everyone else wanted him to.

Saddletramp
06-02-2017, 10:51 PM
Brave. Lol.

likemystylez
06-02-2017, 11:09 PM
ok ill end this now.... just once id like to see lebron stay on one team for 9 straight years or more. until then everyone just shut your pie hole about kd leaving.... lebron is all willy nilly leavin teams left and right whenever he doesnt have a perfect situation infront of him. he doesnt even try to play it out (for atleast 9 years). when lebron stays on one team for a minimum of 9 yrs, we can revisit this topic

tredigs
06-02-2017, 11:18 PM
He could have danced on stage like Bron. He could have stood in front of every media outlet and answer questions about why he left OKC. You'd still call him a coward. If anything he's brave for doing what he knew would cause a big backlash because it's what HE wanted rather than stay in OKC or go to the Wizards like everyone else wanted him to.

LMFAO. Can you imagine if he did the signing coliseum party? He may be more hated than Trump right now.

Saddletramp
06-02-2017, 11:22 PM
KD and Lebron both signed their rookie contracts and then signed their restricted FA deals. They both left after. Get a grip.

likemystylez
06-02-2017, 11:28 PM
LMFAO. Can you imagine if he did the signing coliseum party? He may be more hated than Trump right now.

exactly- i have a feeling that if he was dancing around about it- people would hate on him for that too. but the haters are just looking for reasons to hate on him- since he was respectful and gave the public time to digest the big move- hes a ***** for that too. LOl the guy cant win.

Just like in these finals- if he wins and dominates... people will hate on him. if he loses people will hate on him and insult him for still not getting it done. bottom line- he has only swoitched teams one time, lebron has doubled him up and this thread is suggesting lebron tripple him up. also kd didnt demand another start player be acquired to golden state, and he didnt team up with a top 10 talent like chris bosh when he did it. it was just one guy going to one team..... not some conspiracy to build a super team

LA_Raiders
06-02-2017, 11:34 PM
Well looks like he can't win with 2 all stars anymore, call for another one maybe PG or Melo.

KI
PG/Melo
LJ
Love

That team should be able to destroy the Easy and compete with the Warriors for the next 3 years.

BDawk4Prez
06-02-2017, 11:44 PM
Really? He was on a team that's ownership wouldn't pay taxes to keep what would have been an epic core together. Yes he had a great player in Westbrook but he's got a me first mindset and won't do what's needed to actually win. A coach who did exactly what the guy they fired did... Not create a legit flowing offense to maximize their players. They basically played ISO ball and told everyone else to defend. OKC was far from everything he needed to win.

Cleveland was willing to give Bron whatever he wanted. Hell they tried too and just missed on the players they added. They went out and got talent just not the right type of players. Larry Hughes was a good player coming off an All-Star appearance. Played very good D but was a slasher. Bron needs shooters. But Bron left to team up with Wade and Bosh and claimed on TV that they'd win not 1,2,3 but 7 championships. He then left them after failing to do just that and joined two young all stars in Irving and Love.

And /thread.

Saddletramp
06-02-2017, 11:46 PM
exactly- i have a feeling that if he was dancing around about it- people would hate on him for that too. but the haters are just looking for reasons to hate on him- since he was respectful and gave the public time to digest the big move- hes a ***** for that too. LOl the guy cant win.

Just like in these finals- if he wins and dominates... people will hate on him. if he loses people will hate on him and insult him for still not getting it done. bottom line- he has only swoitched teams one time, lebron has doubled him up and this thread is suggesting lebron tripple him up. also kd didnt demand another start player be acquired to golden state, and he didnt team up with a top 10 talent like chris bosh when he did it. it was just one guy going to one team..... not some conspiracy to build a super team

What the?????? Teaming up with another top ten talent? Demanding another super star? The super team was already built. There was no gelling with all new teammates to worry about, no "conspiracy" (whatever the **** that's supposed to get at), no need for a pep rally. The future was set in stone. Barring injury, it's multiple titles. And they're going to be given to him, not earned.

I see that your Durant/Lebron FA knowledge matches your injury knowledge.

aman_13
06-03-2017, 12:43 AM

You don't think they had a real good chance at a championship last yr? They were up 3-1 against the Warriors and had they won, they would of have been the favorites against the Cavs.

GREATNESS ONE
06-03-2017, 01:16 AM
Man people got owned this thread.

BDawk Smash.

More-Than-Most
06-03-2017, 02:19 AM
Hilarious/stupid comment seeing as I was the one here beating the drum backing up LBJ's decision to join the Heat. You can argue the nuance all you want, but they are very much grouped together in rational.

http://kingjamesgospel.com/2016/07/06/kevin-durants-lebron-james-moves-different/

http://fansided.com/2016/07/05/5-reasons-kevin-durants-decision-worse-lebrons/

http://elitedaily.com/sports/kevin-durant-warriors-lebron-decision/1542607/

I can keep going... there is literally 1000 plus articles of everyone saying the same **** with only the warrior fans and laker fans because they hate lebron trying to argue its the same... Its not the same... its not even in the same universe... one is a cowardly ***** while the other got taken advantage of for years by his team and didnt run and sign with the team that bent him over 3 weeks before.

Like I said you have become what you hate the most... you are defending him because he is a warrior and in here constantly spewing nonsense daily instead of having intelligent basketball debates and when anyone proves you wrong you simply make a dumb comment followed by a troll comment... Hell... I am impressed.... I just wish you would stand up and stop trying to cover your *** in case by some miracle your team loses because that is honestly what you have done since the start of the playoffs.... BUT YO... The blazers have a shot right? lol come on tre you are better than this.

More-Than-Most
06-03-2017, 02:26 AM
anywho... its not going to change...90 percent of basketball fans think what KD did is so far worse and cowardly while the other 10 percent is lebron haters/warrior fans... its run its course... nobody is going to change the others minds... Lebron will always be better than KD and will go down as the 2nd best player ever and arguable goat while durant will be compared to an Horry... A journeyman champion... Congrats and enjoy the title this year and next warrior fans... its deserved... Hell If I were a warriors fan I would be laughing at every other fan base... I dunno why you guys feel like you have to hide... look at nasty.. my man is living it up as he should and he has my respect.

goingfor28
06-03-2017, 02:34 AM

Calling his Miami squad and current Cleveland squad a "superteam" is laughable. They're great, but they are definitely not some GOAT type of team in terms of talent.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

nastynice
06-03-2017, 02:47 AM
anywho... its not going to change...90 percent of basketball fans think what KD did is so far worse and cowardly while the other 10 percent is lebron haters/warrior fans... its run its course... nobody is going to change the others minds... Lebron will always be better than KD and will go down as the 2nd best player ever and arguable goat while durant will be compared to an Horry... A journeyman champion... Congrats and enjoy the title this year and next warrior fans... its deserved... Hell If I were a warriors fan I would be laughing at every other fan base... I dunno why you guys feel like you have to hide... look at nasty.. my man is living it up as he should and he has my respect.

:cheers:

It's just a game, supposed to be entertainment. We lost last year and I still had a blast, the season was fun as hell, finals were tight (plus I'm a high key lebron and Kyrie fan, they just picked the wrong era to try and win in ;)). Even the hate, ohh I enjoyed soaking it all in. So you can imagine how much I'm loving it this year :)

I'll say this regarding lebron vs Durant move. It's a little ironic because lebron is the one who paved the way for Durant. The same way lebron looked at Boston and took it a step further, KD looked at lebron and took it a step further. That boy made his own bed. He has to either figure out a way to play for Pop, or he has to lie in it. One of the two

Saddletramp
06-03-2017, 02:49 AM
Man people got owned this thread.

BDawk Smash.

The same tired and wrong garbage about equating the two scenarios shouldn't have even garnered any responses yet it's owning people? Oh yeah, Kobe fan.

Saddletramp
06-03-2017, 02:54 AM

It's just a game, supposed to be entertainment. We lost last year and I still had a blast, the season was fun as hell, finals were tight (plus I'm a high key lebron and Kyrie fan, they just picked the wrong era to try and win in ;)). Even the hate, ohh I enjoyed soaking it all in. So you can imagine how much I'm loving it this year :)

I'll say this regarding lebron vs Durant move. It's a little ironic because lebron is the one who paved the way for Durant. The same way lebron looked at Boston and took it a step further, KD looked at lebron and took it a step further. That boy made his own bed. He has to either figure out a way to play for Pop, or he has to lie in it. One of the two

How? Lebron didn't join the Celtics or the Lakers. He formed a team, he didn't latch on. If KD wanted to emulate what Lebron did, it would have been by joining Atlanta where Millsap already was and Dwight also signed. Thing is though, Durant didn't want that challenge. He wanted a ring the easiest way possible.

Jeffy25
06-03-2017, 03:04 AM

Ring chasing didn't exist when Jordan played ;)

nastynice
06-03-2017, 03:34 AM
How? Lebron didn't join the Celtics or the Lakers. He formed a team, he didn't latch on. If KD wanted to emulate what Lebron did, it would have been by joining Atlanta where Millsap already was and Dwight also signed. Thing is though, Durant didn't want that challenge. He wanted a ring the easiest way possible.

Your last line sums it up. That's why he joined forces in Miami. He took it a step further than Boston, KD took it a step further than him. Boston formed, we thought they'd be favorites, Miami formed, we thought they'd unbeatable, golden state formed and they look to be becoming untouchable.

Yes, you are correct, you are pointing out differences, but those differences have no bearing on what I'm saying. Who cares about Atlanta, what diff does it make in this convo? Who cares if bosh joined the same year as lebron instead of a year earlier? Like I said, your last line sums it up.

You don't flirt with 40 on top of flirting with a trip dub(nation;))if you're latching on, sry to burst your bubble.

KD took lebron to school. It's just one game, nothing more nothing less, but yes, that did just happen

Saddletramp
06-03-2017, 04:44 AM
1) Going to Miami with two other guys and scrubs wasn't the easiest way possible. Quit fooling yourself (although it appears to be really easy to do).
2)) Easier (there's that word again) to put up great numbers when you're surrounded by a loaded team that doesn't need you to win. Harder to do it without last year's unanimous MVP and a couple of other defensive killers. Get a grip.
3) KD will never own Lebron now or "take him to school". He had his chance and he failed for 9 years through injuries or choking. He can be a part of something great, but he's not the reason. If everything else stays constant, GS still breezes through the West without KD. If everything else stays constant, the Cavs might not make it past the second round without Lebron in the weaker East.

The only people who still aren't on board are Warriors fans and Kobe lovers. Get rid of your agenda and find the truth.

FOXHOUND
06-03-2017, 07:19 AM

:eyebrow:

nastynice
06-03-2017, 08:51 AM
1) Going to Miami with two other guys and scrubs wasn't the easiest way possible. Quit fooling yourself (although it appears to be really easy to do).
2)) Easier (there's that word again) to put up great numbers when you're surrounded by a loaded team that doesn't need you to win. Harder to do it without last year's unanimous MVP and a couple of other defensive killers. Get a grip.
3) KD will never own Lebron now or "take him to school". He had his chance and he failed for 9 years through injuries or choking. He can be a part of something great, but he's not the reason. If everything else stays constant, GS still breezes through the West without KD. If everything else stays constant, the Cavs might not make it past the second round without Lebron in the weaker East.

The only people who still aren't on board are Warriors fans and Kobe lovers. Get rid of your agenda and find the truth.

Then tell me what was an easier way? Dont tell me to play somewhere for free, golden state legitimately paid KD the max they could.

Yes, I said KD took it a step further, meaning he is in a better situation. But you don't even get it, it's not better because the talent gap (Wade was MVP caliber in 2010, consensus third best after Kobe and lebron, Bosh a top pf, consensus top 15 player), it's better because this isn't just a mash of talent, this is a well constructed, thought out, built team. And look at KD on defense, can absolutely switch off and follow our philosophy as well as play on the ball when matched up with a arguably tier 1 at worst tier 2 (that much is already cemented) all time great.

Exactly, he wants to be a part of something great. That's exactly why he came here

likemystylez
06-03-2017, 09:00 AM
Ring chasing didn't exist when Jordan played ;)

cute

GREATNESS ONE
06-03-2017, 10:18 AM
The same tired and wrong garbage about equating the two scenarios shouldn't have even garnered any responses yet it's owning people? Oh yeah, Kobe fan.

Awww you're upset. Wanna come over and I'll make you some hot cocoa?

GREATNESS ONE
06-03-2017, 10:25 AM

Then tell me what was an easier way? Dont tell me to play somewhere for free, golden state legitimately paid KD the max they could.

Yes, I said KD took it a step further, meaning he is in a better situation. But you don't even get it, it's not better because the talent gap (Wade was MVP caliber in 2010, consensus third best after Kobe and lebron, Bosh a top pf, consensus top 15 player), it's better because this isn't just a mash of talent, this is a well constructed, thought out, built team. And look at KD on defense, can absolutely switch off and follow our philosophy as well as play on the ball when matched up with a arguably tier 1 at worst tier 2 (that much is already cemented) all time great.

Exactly, he wants to be a part of something great. That's exactly why he came here

TKO.

This is going to be very entertaining this summer, especially after Durant out-plays Lebron all series and comes away FMVP.

Jamiecballer
06-03-2017, 12:04 PM
Couldn't agree more

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Chronz
06-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Lebron don't want no part of KD, I knew this coming in. Jordan would never shy away. He's not afraid of being embarrassed, lebron is
Not buying it. Seen Pip do the heavy lifting defensively and already seen Bron become a do it all defender to stop the gs attack last year. If you're focusing on1v1 defense in today's league, your doing it wrong.

lol, please
06-03-2017, 01:19 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

BDawk with the ether folks.

aman_13
06-03-2017, 01:28 PM
It's simple, KD was on a team that was in position to win a championship. They had found a recipe to beat the Warriors and they choked. He then decides to leave that team to join a team that doesn't need him to win. The very team he choked against.

LeBron took the easy route as well and got plenty of vitriol spewed his way for it but that Heat team goes no where without LeBron playing at his best. He also left a team that had no chance of winning unlike KD.

This Warriors team would be in the finals right now without KD. Stop trying to compare the two situations just because it seems similar on the surface.

lol, please
06-03-2017, 02:44 PM
It's simple, KD was on a team that was in position to win a championship. They had found a recipe to beat the Warriors and they choked. He then decides to leave that team to join a team that doesn't need him to win. The very team he choked against.

LeBron took the easy route as well and got plenty of vitriol spewed his way for it but that Heat team goes no where without LeBron playing at his best. He also left a team that had no chance of winning unlike KD.

This Warriors team would be in the finals right now without KD. Stop trying to compare the two situations just because it seems similar on the surface.

You're missing the point.

It's not about what that Heat team did/didn't do, or could/couldn't do, it's about the perception of the "super team" and the potential it had at the time "the decision" was brewing. As someone already said, Wade was a top 3 player at the time and Bosh was an elite PF. That's what matters. He couldn't carry his team to victory and he bolted to rely on two other stars to pick up his slack when he disappeared in the playoffs.

Lebron's lack of leadership skills put a solid cap on his legacy real early on, and he will never break through it and be discussed with the greats (Jordan, Bird, Wilt, West, Curry, Kobe, Durant) when it's all said and done.

He might as well jump to the Celtics, Raptors, or Wolves and reset.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-03-2017, 03:38 PM

Of course it was more than enough. They were up 3-1 last year and would have been the favorites in the finals. They were the favorites in 2012 finals. They were 3rd or 4th favourites in the other seasons too. They weren't a top 3-4 team simply because of Durant.

Just because it wasn't a "perfect fit" doesn't mean it wasn't enough. He's not playing with **** and needs to turn it into wine. He's been given things that other winners have had to deal with. The talent and coaching was more than passable to win a title.

For the lack of fit with Westy, he still played with more talent than most in the NBA and already showed you can overcome their differences for team success. They've been a few wins away from the finals or titles in multiple years. Westbrook not fitting with Durant isn't the reason they lost last year. Or lost in 2012. Or lost all those other years.

You're lying to yourself if you don't think being a top 3-4 teams is more than enough for you to win. Execution is the difference between winning and losing it. If they didn't execute, that doesn't always mean there was something lacking and that they need "more".

If you asked me how many NBA titles have won with similar talent and coaching as Lebron's Cavs team during his first stint, I would tell you 0. For me to expect Lebron to stay in Cleveland and then try to win a title would require me to expect him to walk on water.

aman_13
06-03-2017, 03:40 PM

It's not about what that Heat team did/didn't do, or could/couldn't do, it's about the perception of the "super team" and the potential it had at the time "the decision" was brewing. As someone already said, Wade was a top 3 player at the time and Bosh was an elite PF. That's what matters. He couldn't carry his team to victory and he bolted to rely on two other stars to pick up his slack when he disappeared in the playoffs.

Lebron's lack of leadership skills put a solid cap on his legacy real early on, and he will never break through it and be discussed with the greats (Jordan, Bird, Wilt, West, Curry, Kobe, Durant) when it's all said and done.

I thought I acknowledged that point by saying he had the same mentality in terms of making life easier on himself. The difference is he didn't leave a team that had a legitimate chance of winning a championship and didn't hop on a team that doesn't need him to win it all.

GoferKing_
06-03-2017, 03:40 PM

What is Durant doing there? He ran to GSW, he is no better than LeBron. That whole paragraph can be applied to him as well. Both will be remembered (at least by me) as being cowards.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-03-2017, 03:50 PM

Uhhh, what?

You do realize all of this could be applied to Durant right?

"As someone already said, Curry was a top 3 player at the time and Draymond was an elite PF (Klay was the best/2nd best SG in the league too). That's what matters. Durant couldn't carry his team to victory (with players like Westy and Ibaka) and he bolted to rely on 3 other stars to pick up his slack when he disappeared in the playoffs (against the Warriors despite being up 3-1)."

Raps18-19 Champ
06-03-2017, 03:51 PM

TKO.

This is going to be very entertaining this summer, especially after Durant out-plays Lebron all series and comes away FMVP.

Don't you hate Lebron for being a coward but want someone who out coward-ed him to succeed?

Well that doesn't seem very logical.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-03-2017, 03:55 PM

Well isn't that the point these people are trying to make, they're comparable but Durant took it much further. That's what makes his decision worse.

If 2 people want a title, the one that clearly was in a MUCH better position is going to have pettier reasons for his decision.

flea
06-03-2017, 04:01 PM
IMO this should be the Cavs approach:

- Win the rebounding battle. They "won" that battle in ame 1 but not by enough to matter. Make it really count.

- Be physical, especially with Durant and Curry. I have no idea how or why the Warriors were so much more physical than the Cavs in G1 but they were. Both Curry and Durant are soft and their finesse games get rattled with physical defense.

- Forget about transition. Yes Lebron is maybe the greatest ever in transition and I do think he should still choose his spots but he also needs to do what a point guard does and realize his team's weakness relative to the Warriors and slow the game down in spots. He should focus on his transition defense rather than offense for this series.

- Play more through the post. The Warriors D is #1 because they're so good at defending the P&R. Have JR Smith post up Curry. Have Lebron post up Durant (both to fatigue him and to draw fouls on him) and Draymond (to take the heart of the Warriors D out of motion). Isolate Irving in a corner and Lebron in the high post and use clock to shorten the game's possessions.

Those things are easier said than done, especially since this year's Cavs are built for Lebronball and nothing else. They could use a Mozgov or Haslem off the bench but they've made their bed and now they're going to have to lie in it. Still, they've got plenty of talent and their plentiful shooting means they have a lot of options on offense - they don't just have to live and die by Lebronball. It does mean though that they don't have a lot of defensive options. Lebron is going to have to devote a lot of his energy to defense for his team to have a chance, and he's never particularly liked doing that.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-03-2017, 04:05 PM

The reason for his decision is the big of a reason as any as to why people critique him. So him being nice or cocky didn't the reason its justified/unjustified.

He was the blond teen who wanted a $100,000 car because he didn't think his $90,000 car wasn't good enough.

Bostonjorge
06-03-2017, 04:09 PM
What is Durant doing there? He ran to GSW, he is no better than LeBron. That whole paragraph can be applied to him as well. Both will be remembered (at least by me) as being cowards.

Difference is that Durant is playing a much tougher team in the finals. Durant is playing James himself and the defending champion of the NBA. James in Miami was playing a team who never won a title and at that point was kown for choking. That's who James lost to with a super team. Durant is beating a Superteam with a Superteam. James lost to a team with one star player in Dirk who was known for choking before James took those honors. A 8th seed had eliminated this Dallas team who was also led by Dirk.

GoferKing_
06-03-2017, 04:25 PM
Difference is that Durant is playing a much tougher team in the finals. Durant is playing James himself and the defending champion of the NBA. James in Miami was playing a team who never won a title and at that point was kown for choking. That's who James lost to with a super team. Durant is beating a Superteam with a Superteam. James lost to a team with one star player in Dirk who was known for choking before James took those honors. A 8th seed had eliminated this Dallas team who was also led by Dirk.

What? Why did you write it to me?

Saddletramp
06-03-2017, 04:33 PM

That would be more similar then what he actually did though, right?

Chronz
06-03-2017, 04:39 PM
Raps is on fire lately. You've now become the master

Saddletramp
06-03-2017, 04:40 PM

1) He could've made it work sonehow to get abroad LA or Boston.

2) You're looking at free agents leaving their teams and equating them but giving Durant a "step further". I'm saying they're not equal, step further or not. Brand new team versus a hanger on that isn't needed. We won't agree where we start the argument so we won't come to a conclusion. Guess there's nothing to add.

Saddletramp
06-03-2017, 04:40 PM
Raps is on fire lately. You've now become the master

Yeah, he's killing it.

GREATNESS ONE
06-03-2017, 06:28 PM
Don't you hate Lebron for being a coward but want someone who out coward-ed him to succeed?

Well that doesn't seem very logical.

Aww you're upset too :laugh2: figures as much, sense you been playing coy for so long. You must be confused again. It's ok :)

Raps18-19 Champ
06-03-2017, 09:10 PM
Aww you're upset too :laugh2: figures as much, sense you been playing coy for so long. You must be confused again. It's ok :)

What are you talking about? :confused:

You said you don't ever want Lebron to win for what he did. Everyone admits Durant took it a step farther than what Lebron did.

I was only asking a question.

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 09:20 AM
Calling his Miami squad and current Cleveland squad a "superteam" is laughable. They're great, but they are definitely not some GOAT type of team in terms of talent.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You're missing the point. The were absolutely a "super team", they were formed as such. Just because it didn't work out as planned, doesn't mean the intent wasn't there. Don't hate on KD because the Warriors did it better is my point.

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 09:25 AM
Meanwhile, the guy everyone is upset about being a coward is laying the smack down on the best player on earth to most.

I once took a job with a competitor as well. Now, I get to work less hours, everything doesn't rely solely on me, the company was great from top to bottom, and I get to be a part of something big. Coward I am.

RowBTrice
06-05-2017, 09:40 AM
Lebron needs a tissue, it's too late for a plan now.

hugepatsfan
06-05-2017, 11:47 AM
You're missing the point. The were absolutely a "super team", they were formed as such. Just because it didn't work out as planned, doesn't mean the intent wasn't there. Don't hate on KD because the Warriors did it better is my point.

Honestly, you make a good point. Lebron went to the absolute best situation possible. So did Durant. In that broader sense they're the same.

We can debate how much more of a ***** move one was than the other but to me, all that aside, it really comes down to this... regardless of how Lebron's teams came together what he ended up with were supporting casts good enough for his individual talents to elevate to greatness. Without him they weren't/aren't capable of such. KD went to a team that with a good, solid NBA player like Barnes in his place is an all time great team on its own. Obviously he's an all time great and an impact player but his abilities are not needed for this team to be an all time great.

At the tme time Lebron left and when KD left each really had established individual dominance. What each still had to prove was the ability to mentally pull through a playoff run and handle all that comes with it. Lebron proved that in MIA and coming back to CLE. Durant went to a team that is so loaded that he really doesn't have a chance to prove that. You really can't show areas he was unproven in playing in the situation he does, you just can't.

Like you said, Lebron went to his best situation. If faced with the opportunity to join Boston back in 2010 who's to say he wouldn't have? He's stated he's chasing legacy and MJ so I doubt he would have (as opposed to KD who has flat out said he doesn't care how he is perceived) but it's all speculation.

Also, your comparison of joining a competitor in the "real world" is laughable and you know it. Competition isn't part of everyday jobs like it is in sports. You know damn well that's an irrelevant comparison lol

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 11:54 AM
Honestly, you make a good point. Lebron went to the absolute best situation possible. So did Durant. In that broader sense they're the same.

We can debate how much more of a ***** move one was than the other but to me, all that aside, it really comes down to this... regardless of how Lebron's teams came together what he ended up with were supporting casts good enough for his individual talents to elevate to greatness. Without him they weren't/aren't capable of such. KD went to a team that with a good, solid NBA player like Barnes in his place is an all time great team on its own. Obviously he's an all time great and an impact player but his abilities are not needed for this team to be an all time great.

At the tme time Lebron left and when KD left each really had established individual dominance. What each still had to prove was the ability to mentally pull through a playoff run and handle all that comes with it. Lebron proved that in MIA and coming back to CLE. Durant went to a team that is so loaded that he really doesn't have a chance to prove that. You really can't show areas he was unproven in playing in the situation he does, you just can't.

Like you said, Lebron went to his best situation. If faced with the opportunity to join Boston back in 2010 who's to say he wouldn't have? He's stated he's chasing legacy and MJ so I doubt he would have (as opposed to KD who has flat out said he doesn't care how he is perceived) but it's all speculation.

Also, your comparison of joining a competitor in the "real world" is laughable and you know it. Competition isn't part of everyday jobs like it is in sports. You know damn well that's an irrelevant comparison lol

You realize how untrue this last paragraph is?

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 11:58 AM
Meanwhile, the guy everyone is upset about being a coward is laying the smack down on the best player on earth to most.

I once took a job with a competitor as well. Now, I get to work less hours, everything doesn't rely solely on me, the company was great from top to bottom, and I get to be a part of something big. Coward I am.

You're comparing sports to what, exactly? I'm sorry to break it to you but they can replace YOU quite easily. It's called offering another guy 10% more than you. Unless you're saying you're the best in your field, which I doubt, you're on PSD, you can't compare YOURSELF to the best basketball player in the world. No one even knows who you are so why the hell would they care?

SteBO
06-05-2017, 12:08 PM
You're comparing sports to what, exactly? I'm sorry to break it to you but they can replace YOU quite easily. It's called offering another guy 10% more than you. Unless you're saying you're the best in your field, which I doubt, you're on PSD, you can't compare YOURSELF to the best basketball player in the world. No one even knows who you are so why the hell would they care?
Harsh truth, but accurate. KD's mother tried to make the same idiotic case the other day on First Take (even understanding she was defending her son). It was the weakest move by a superstar of his caliber.

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 12:38 PM
You're being far too simplistic.

In my field, in the state of MO, I'm the best. It is what it is.

I could leave today, go to our biggest competitor and make them the new best. If it made sense to do so, i would, I have before.

Don't assume.

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 12:41 PM
You're being far too simplistic.

In my field, in the state of MO, I'm the best. It is what it is.

I could leave today, go to our biggest competitor and make them the new best. If it made sense to do so, i would, I have before.

Don't assume.

You must be the most talented plumber in MO, then. You're on PSD. Give me a name if you want to have any legitimate reputation. Until then, you're clearly overstating your impact or the field you are in is a pretty dead one. If you think ONE person can change a business, you are clearly buying into your ego. I'm not assuming but you shouldn't act like what you say holds any water without a source to back it up. Either way, sports is a much different level than whatever you're in. Your place of employment likely doesn't generate millions of tweets in a given day.. so again, I ask, are you Elon Musk or Donald Trump?

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 01:14 PM
You must be the most talented plumber in MO, then. You're on PSD. Give me a name if you want to have any legitimate reputation. Until then, you're clearly overstating your impact or the field you are in is a pretty dead one. If you think ONE person can change a business, you are clearly buying into your ego. I'm not assuming but you shouldn't act like what you say holds any water without a source to back it up. Either way, sports is a much different level than whatever you're in. Your place of employment likely doesn't generate millions of tweets in a given day.. so again, I ask, are you Elon Musk or Donald Trump?

This entire post is trash.

Good day.

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 01:15 PM
This entire post is trash.

Good day.

You're bad at lying.

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 01:19 PM
You're bad at lying.

You're bad at trolling.

I have zero to prove to a "random" PSD Poster though. If you don't feel that i can adequately discuss the topic, feel free to ignore my contributions.

aman_13
06-05-2017, 01:25 PM
And you don't play basketball for a living. We are talking about the top 1 percent of the world who wake up and throw balls through a hoop. People who are covered by the media and followed by millions of people. It's nice that you can compare your life to his at some level but we are talking about a whole different world.

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 01:30 PM
And you don't play basketball for a living. We are talking about the top 1 percent of the world who wake up and throw balls through a hoop. People who are covered by the media and followed by millions of people. It's nice that you can compare your life to his at some level but we are talking about a whole different world.

Entirely missing the point.

The point is simple.

In any profession there is opportunity to make your situation better. Most people, no matter the profession, would choose to do so.

Now, if you want to ignore the principle and focus on what makes other jobs so much more different than those of professional athletes, which I wouldn't argue, feel free. Sadly, choosing to do that, will not merit much.

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 01:34 PM

The point is simple.

In any profession there is opportunity to make your situation better. Most people, no matter the profession, would choose to do so.

Now, if you want to ignore the principle and focus on what makes other jobs so much more different than those of professional athletes, which I wouldn't argue, feel free. Sadly, choosing to do that, will not merit much.

I don't think you quite get it. No profession out there from ONE individual generates that much attention unless you're the president. Sports is an entirely different level of what you're trying to argue for. It's why there are so many PASSIONATE sports fans. How many passionate fans are there in business? In tech? In real estate? Sports popularity is based on the passion of the fans. All these other industries aren't. Fan integration is highly essential to sports.

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 01:35 PM
You're bad at trolling.

I have zero to prove to a "random" PSD Poster though. If you don't feel that i can adequately discuss the topic, feel free to ignore my contributions.

I'm the troll because I'm asking for any credible evidence? You say you're a big shot on PSD. How insecure must you be?

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 01:37 PM
I don't think you quite get it. No profession out there from ONE individual generates that much attention unless you're the president. Sports is an entirely different level of what you're trying to argue for. It's why there are so many PASSIONATE sports fans. How many passionate fans are there in business? In tech? In real estate? Sports popularity is based on the passion of the fans. All these other industries aren't. Fan integration is highly essential to sports.

You are trying far too hard to over-complicate an extremely basic idea.

Far too hard.

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 01:40 PM
You are trying far too hard to over-complicate an extremely basic idea.

Far too hard.

How bad are you? Post #143, you say I'm too simplistic. Now, you're saying I'm overcomplicating things. You are confused. I get it. Don't be upset, it happens.

aman_13
06-05-2017, 01:54 PM

The point is simple.

Just because I have a different perspective on it, doesn't mean I am missing the point.

It's not hard to see why your analogy doesn't resonate with fans. No one is debating your decision on national tv.

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 01:59 PM
Just because I have a different perspective on it, doesn't mean I am missing the point.

It's not hard to see why your analogy doesn't resonate with fans. No one is debating your decision on national tv.

The sad part is it is him who is missing the point.

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 02:03 PM

Here is my point, ignore anything else:

Do you disagree with this part?

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 02:06 PM
The sad part is it is him who is missing the point.

How am I missing the point when I'm the one who brought up the point? lol.

Again:

hugepatsfan
06-05-2017, 02:11 PM

Again:

KD's lack of competitiveness is what makes him view GS as a better situation. If we was competitive he wouldn't want to join up with a team that's already GOAT without him. He'd want to be on a team where his talents can help them get there. That's the point everyone is making.

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 02:12 PM

Again:

I never disagreed with that but you're ignoring the aspect that sports is judged on an entirely different level than the professions you try to equate it to. The perception of a sports decision is much different than one in an entirely different industry. You're absolutely correct on making it a better situation for himself but no one says to the plumber he is a coward for going to a better company with a higher commission. Why would they? NO ONE CARES. You can't ignore that aspect. You don't "win" rings for plumbing. You get paid for taking poop out of a clogged drain. You're the one who actually brought up employment and established that you aren't a coward. Yes, you aren't. But you would be if you played sports and went to the easiest team to win. That's a fact.

aman_13
06-05-2017, 02:13 PM

No. I hope you are not trying to spell this out. Your point is rather simplistic lol.

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 02:15 PM
KD's lack of competitiveness is what makes him view GS as a better situation. If we was competitive he wouldn't want to join up with a team that's already GOAT without him. He'd want to be on a team where his talents can help them get there. That's the point everyone is making.

KD is responsible to himself, not the fans.

KD went to the place he felt was the best situation, regardless of your opinion.

It is my belief that if given the opportunity KD was given, 99.9 % of NBA players would have done the same.

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 02:26 PM
I never disagreed with that but you're ignoring the aspect that sports is judged on an entirely different level than the professions you try to equate it to. The perception of a sports decision is much different than one in an entirely different industry. You're absolutely correct on making it a better situation for himself but no one says to the plumber he is a coward for going to a better company with a higher commission. Why would they? NO ONE CARES. You can't ignore that aspect. You don't "win" rings for plumbing. You get paid for taking poop out of a clogged drain. You're the one who actually brought up employment and established that you aren't a coward. Yes, you aren't. But you would be if you played sports and went to the easiest team to win. That's a fact.

We can agree to disagree. If we are arguing from a "what makes a coward" standpoint, I agree with your plumber analogy, but I'm not. I'm saying that taking advantage of opportunities is what I think most would do. If Lebron was able to join GS in the same fashion, I'd have a hard time pretending he wouldn't. Neither would 99% of any other NBA players, IMO.

I get that people don't like what KD did, that's on them. I don't agree, but oh well.

FlashBolt
Exactly. Lebron would have done the same damn thing. As would most of us. Bottom line Durant doesnt give a **** about what fans say he did what was best for him and i see nothing wrong with it.

He does care.. or else he wouldn't be doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxJYFfMK3Ng

BIG worm
KD is responsible to himself, not the fans.

KD went to the place he felt was the best situation, regardless of your opinion.

It is my belief that if given the opportunity KD was given, 99.9 % of NBA players would have done the same.

Exactly. Lebron would have done the same damn thing. As would most of us. Bottom line Durant doesnt give a **** about what fans say he did what was best for him and i see nothing wrong with it.

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 02:30 PM
We can agree to disagree. If we are arguing from a "what makes a coward" standpoint, I agree with your plumber analogy, but I'm not. I'm saying that taking advantage of opportunities is what I think most would do. If Lebron was able to join GS in the same fashion, I'd have a hard time pretending he wouldn't. Neither would 99% of any other NBA players, IMO.

I get that people don't like what KD did, that's on them. I don't agree, but oh well.

Well, we've never seen a move of this caliber in the history of the NBA. LeBron could have gone to much better teams than Cleveland. I don't think anyone expected KD to join the Warriors. Again, better situation for KD is a better situation for KD. That's his right. But if he's in a room trapped and he can either save 1,000 people or himself, I would imagine that if he chose to save himself, it would be perceived negatively. That's his choice. He'll live with it. If he wins three rings, I don't consider him above LeBron. Anyone here putting him top ten? Over Larry? Over Magic? No way and no thanks.

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 02:31 PM
At the end of game 4 they are most likely going to be calling him Champ too.

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 02:34 PM
Well, we've never seen a move of this caliber in the history of the NBA. LeBron could have gone to much better teams than Cleveland. I don't think anyone expected KD to join the Warriors. Again, better situation for KD is a better situation for KD. That's his right. But if he's in a room trapped and he can either save 1,000 people or himself, I would imagine that if he chose to save himself, it would be perceived negatively. That's his choice. He'll live with it. If he wins three rings, I don't consider him above LeBron. Anyone here putting him top ten? Over Larry? Over Magic? No way and no thanks.

Lebron attempted to though, he just wasn't as effective.

Lebron "thought" he accomplished it with Miami or wouldn't have given the whole "not 1, not 2...." soundbite. He thought he had built a team nobody could stop.

I've spent too much time today on a sport I genuinely don't care too much about though.

aman_13
06-05-2017, 02:40 PM
There is no question they had the same mentality and that is often over looked today. LeBron was vilified by the fans and media, and I would say much worse than KD in that regard.

nastynice
06-05-2017, 02:52 PM
You're lying to yourself if you don't think being a top 3-4 teams is more than enough for you to win. Execution is the difference between winning and losing it. If they didn't execute, that doesn't always mean there was something lacking and that they need "more".

If you asked me how many NBA titles have won with similar talent and coaching as Lebron's Cavs team during his first stint, I would tell you 0. For me to expect Lebron to stay in Cleveland and then try to win a title would require me to expect him to walk on water.

Of being a top 4 team automatically means you have enough to win, then lebron has enough to win this year..? :shrug:

'94 rockets, '11 mavs

BKLYNpigeon
06-05-2017, 03:56 PM
Are Cavs fans worried if Lebron opts out again to ring chase?

Saddletramp
06-05-2017, 04:07 PM
Is someone really saying that they're the best at what they do in a state but won't say for what? And then say someone else is trolling? Listen, being the best server at the best Italian mom and pop restaurant all the way to being the best lawyer at the best law firm is really, really ****ing far from being the (second ....or hell, even 500th) best basketball player in the NBA.

KnickNyKnick
06-05-2017, 04:13 PM
uh.. what if the Cavs win the next 2 games. Very possible. Melo is the answer if Lebron needs a change. KLOve for Melo. plz plz plz plz plz Would love KLove, (heh) next to Kristaps.

nastynice
06-05-2017, 05:01 PM
The only thing I can see working is lebron joining the Spurs

Raps18-19 Champ
06-05-2017, 06:33 PM
Of being a top 4 team automatically means you have enough to win, then lebron has enough to win this year..? :shrug:

'94 rockets, '11 mavs

Coming into the playoffs, they had enough. Obviously matchups are important. Execution is as well.

If Curry is executing a triple double despite being the 3rd best Warriors, then it's obviously hard.

But that's the point. The Warriors have to play bad and the Cavs need to be hitting their mark to get it done. The Cavs have enough to capitalize on the Warriors if they play bad (whereas a team like hte Raptors may not be able to capitalize even if someone like Durant was out of the series and Klay was having a subpar game. It still relies heavily on how bad Warriors play.

Also, I didn't say theonly the top 3-4 teams have enough. So teams in the 5-10 range (Mavs and Rockets) may have to rely much more on matchups and things going right (like Lebron playing terrible and Jason Terry being 3rd best player in the series).

Raps18-19 Champ
06-05-2017, 06:46 PM

Again:

Too bad it doesn't work like that.

I don't even know how you can argue it's the same thing. Your reasoning for the decision and the situation you were in before the decision are important.

You people say Lebron left to join his friends. Well Durant left a team to join his enemies (the same one him made him their *****). That's worse.

You people say Lebron needed a top 5-10 player to win in Wade? Durant already HAD a top 5 player in Westy but still thought he needed the MVP AND 2 other top 20 players. That's worse.

Their thought process was the same in that both wanted a ring but they were definitely nowhere near the same situation. THAT makes Durant pettier.

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 06:51 PM

I don't even know how you can argue it's the same thing. Your reasoning for the decision and the situation you were in before the decision are important.

You people say Lebron left to join his friends. Well Durant left a team to join his enemies (the same one him made him their *****). That's worse.

You people say Lebron needed a top 5-10 player to win in Wade? Durant already HAD a top 5 player in Westy but still thought he needed the MVP AND 2 other top 20 players. That's worse.

Their thought process was the same in that both wanted a ring but they were definitely nowhere near the same situation. THAT makes Durant pettier.

Both went to better teams, one went to the best team. I don't see an argument.

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2017, 07:44 PM
Both went to better teams, one went to the best team. I don't see an argument.

Both went to the best teams at that time.

Lil Rhody
06-05-2017, 07:48 PM
The only thing I can see working is lebron joining the Spurs

Wouldn't work. Pop is the coach not Bron. Plus I've never seen any spurs players quit when they are getting beat so bron does not have the makeup to be a spur

FlashBolt
06-05-2017, 07:55 PM

Miami wasn't the best team at that time. It became the best team because of LeBron. Warriors were the best team. There's a huge difference in that one was required to be the best team while another wasn't required but went to it.

WaDe03
06-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Wouldn't work. Pop is the coach not Bron. Plus I've never seen any spurs players quit when they are getting beat so bron does not have the makeup to be a spur

Stop lol.

smith&wesson
06-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Love will get traded .. the Cavs will retool.

Jamiecballer
06-05-2017, 08:21 PM
It's all well and good for us outsiders to say Durant had everything he needed to win a title. Obviously he did not share that belief and isn't he in a better position to answer that question. ****ing psd.

WaDe03
06-05-2017, 08:35 PM
Well to start he needs to trade for Wade.

The Cavs guards minus Kyrie (JR, Korver, Shumpert, Deron, hell I'll even throw Frye in there) have combined for 24 points through 2 games on terrible shooting and just terrible timid play. Wade can score that in a game by himself and you won't see him acting scared out there and will make the right plays. Trade JR/Shumpert Frye and a 1st for Wade.

That's a good start, have Korver and JR/Shumpert as Wade and LeBrons backups or bring Wade off the bench as the 6th man in a Ginobli role getting majority of the minutes at SG.

Other possible moves could be Love for Melo (or another all star level player), maybe a S&T could be in play for Millsap or Griffin.

Maybe Kyrie and Shumpert/Smith, whoever isn't traded for Wade for CP3. Yea I get it, Kyrie hit some big shots last year but CP3 is easily the better player and I could argue they possibly wouldn't have needed those shots with CP3 as opposed to Kyrie due to better, more efficient play on both ends of the floor from their PG. LeGM isn't worried about the future he's worried about the now.

Sign some vets for the minimum to try and fill in for JR and Shumpert off the bench. Korver would be one, maybe sefolosha for the other, idk I'm just going off the top of my head.

This is also probably impossible but idk since I'm not looking at the numbers, I just know the Heat have cap space for it. Love and Thompson for Whiteside maybe throw in Ellington depending on the money and sign Millsap. That would be a very hard challenge for the Warriors I believe.

Just throwing ideas out there, they need to make some changes to improve a little in multiple areas imo.

CP3 or Kyrie/Williams
Wade/Korver
LeBron/Ellington
Millsap/vet (Sefolosha may be able to work here based on how the game is played now.
Whiteside/Develop Tavares big *** or a vet

BKLYNpigeon
06-05-2017, 08:47 PM
That JR contract looks horrible right now. 4 years 57mil.

GREATNESS ONE
06-05-2017, 08:55 PM

Question, Does this years OKC w/ Durant beat this years Cavs?

Question, Does this years Warriors w/o Durant beat this years Cavs?

The way, I roll there's all types of ***** made **** and ***** made people. You can't cross the line a bit and the next guy cross it a bit further and point the finger. To me they're both *****es, whatever the **** whatever.

I find it funny you guys are trying to argue this, it's quite hilarious too watching Lebron's Cavs are getting slapped down by a team doing exactly what he's been the last 8 years. Karma at its best, I don't like it but I'll take my poison and watch the Warriors win the next 3 Championships.

Bronny better hurry up and play GM if he wants to win another ring his entire career.

WaDe03
06-05-2017, 08:56 PM
That JR contract looks horrible right now. 4 years 57mil.

It sure does lol. Bad move but could be useful in a trade.

GREATNESS ONE
06-05-2017, 08:57 PM
Miami wasn't the best team at that time. It became the best team because of LeBron. Warriors were the best team. There's a huge difference in that one was required to be the best team while another wasn't required but went to it.

Cavs were the best team and defending Champs?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-05-2017, 08:58 PM
It's all well and good for us outsiders to say Durant had everything he needed to win a title. Obviously he did not share that belief and isn't he in a better position to answer that question. ****ing psd.

Lol we're not talking about Durant's feelings about a girl he likes or how much his body hurts or not.

Judging a team can be observed and can be compared to other champions in the NBA so we're not exactly talking something new here. I'm sure you've done it plenty of times. Just because he doesn't believe it doesn't make it true if people can observe and come to a different conclusion. If he feels he didn't, then that's his opinion but there's more than enough people who can disagree (and would give a very reasonable explanation).

If I asked you whether or not Philly had what it takes to compete with the Cavs next year in the East, I'm sure you'd have an opinion. Well Embiid feels they can.It's not any different.

If he didn't think he had enough back in 2012 or still didn't think he had enough to win 1 more game against the Warriors (despite winning 3 games already) and making the finals (where they would've had a good chance to win) and now only thinks he has a chance (when he is with 3 other top 20 players), then that really only feeds into these people's idea.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-05-2017, 09:13 PM
Question, Does this years OKC w/ Durant beat this years Cavs?

Question, Does this years Warriors w/o Durant beat this years Cavs?

The way, I roll there's all types of ***** made **** and ***** made people. You can't cross the line a bit and the next guy cross it a bit further and point the finger. To me they're both *****es, whatever the **** whatever.

I find it funny you guys are trying to argue this, it's quite hilarious too watching Lebron's Cavs are getting slapped down by a team doing exactly what he's been the last 8 years. Karma at its best, I don't like it but I'll take my poison and watch the Warriors win the next 3 Championships.

Bronny better hurry up and play GM if he wants to win another ring his entire career.

Well that's because you're willing to go against what you stand for for cheap trills. You know you wouldn't treat Lebron and KD the same if Lebron left to go to the Warriors.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-05-2017, 09:27 PM

Durant and Lebron's situations were different though.

Don't you have some sort of boundaries? Not everything is black and white. Davis leaving the Pelicans for the Warriors and KD leaving for the Warriors would be 2 completely different scenarios. By your standards, those are the same thing.

If someone things what Lebron did was bad based on the circumstances, then what KD did was worse based on his circumstances.

joeystats
06-05-2017, 09:36 PM
The Warriors are too stacked and it's not really fair. However when Lebron stacked teams it was unfair as well, he is being beat at his own game which kind of amuses me. I will use my simplified theory again, Warriors have 4 all stars playing 3 all stars, not fair. The Cavs had 3 all stars playing 1 or 2 all stars per team in the East, that was not fair either. Lebron will now need to get a 4th all star if he wants to win a chip, simple as that. However I do like to point out again that Jordan and Kobe did it with 1 other all star playing against teams with 2 all stars and sometimes more (Spurs, Celtics, Lakers). You can debate all the little intricacies about the level of all stars but again this is just my most simplified way of looking at it. The league use to be more 2 vs 2 as far as all stars per teams which was why it was more balanced. Nowadays teams still mostly have 2, if that, but which teams have the most? Warriors and Cavs, hence the Finals matchup. I do not think Lebron could win a championship without having the same or more all stars than the team he is playing against. Ya Kobe played with Shaq but still beat teams with 3 all stars without Shaq. Sure Jordan was ahead of his time but he only needed 1 other all star to put him over the top.

KnickNyKnick
06-05-2017, 09:55 PM
CP3 with Lebron would something to watch.

joeystats
06-05-2017, 09:59 PM
CP3 with Lebron would something to watch.

That would be fun, they could run Kyrie at the 2.

europagnpilgrim
06-05-2017, 10:18 PM

Don't you have some sort of boundaries? Not everything is black and white. Davis leaving the Pelicans for the Warriors and KD leaving for the Warriors would be 2 completely different scenarios. By your standards, those are the same thing.

If someone things what Lebron did was bad based on the circumstances, then what KD did was worse based on his circumstances.

Which was a worse scenario, the Columbine school shooting hoax or the Sandy Hook shooting hoax? both are pretty much the same since it was all a bunch of bulldog ish

which is worse, a murderer who killed 10 with a axe and chopped up the bodies or a murderer who killed 5 by blowing off each victim head off with a 12 gauge shotgun? I mean both are horrific based on the circumstances but I guess the 5 more victims would make it worse, but both murderers should be put to death for doing some gruesome outlandish inhumane ****

back to the actual bball decision, KD and Lebron both did the same thing by exercising the free agent freedom they had earned, KD trumped his by going to a team that was better/stronger in place but both have the same ship or bust mentality of the moves since neither had a ring prior to the move and both had a Finals trip under their belt with a L attached to that trip, Lebron said not 5 not 6 not 7 so that may be worse in hindsight when he only delivered 2 rings and didn't stay but 4yrs total in Miami due to the premature boasting he did

KD didn't do a espn tv special talking about he is taking his talents to the Bay Area, he just said he was doing what is best for him and Lebron did what was best for him at that time but it was just way more spotlight and theatrical drama added to it by Lebron himself and who he has been ever since he was on the cover of SI as a HS kid, he was the chosen one meaning he had to be the new age Jordan or propped up to some degree on that level so his free agency was treated on a whole diff. level, he just enhanced it with his self promotion savvy

neither move from those guys bothered me at all, it actually made me root for them more since the majority of those think it was weak on both parts but since its all about winning a ring then may as well strike while the iron is hot and you are young/primed and not old and not the same dynamic player ring chasing like Malone/Barkley and others since some don't get lucky like a Drexler/GP and win one near the end before career is over, both players got jerseys burned by butthurt fanatics when they left and I am sure if KD wanted to go back to OKC he would be welcomed like Lebron did when he decided to go back, those same fans who burned his jersey went out and copped a new one or two

KD and his so called hate/dislike will soon Passover just like Lebron and his hate/dislike did when he finally became the villain in Miami and won titles, KD has been given the villain label now and that is how you pretty much win in the nba or any sports for that matter, this is pretty much WWE(similar to KD/Westy beef) and for those who have watched WWE back then and now know that the villain role always has to be attained for the most part to gain ultimate success, sports/Hollywood go hand in hand, nothing more nor less

GREATNESS ONE
06-05-2017, 10:22 PM
Well that's because you're willing to go against what you stand for for cheap trills. You know you wouldn't treat Lebron and KD the same if Lebron left to go to the Warriors.

What? You just totally contradicted yourself, Lebron has been doing this ****. Ya'll mad because someone took it a step further.

I wouldn't expect you to understand lololol :)

GREATNESS ONE
06-05-2017, 10:24 PM

Baby boy, we trying to tell you, they're both wearing panties. They both did what they had to do in their time to win now. It's ok if you don't understand, you might in a few years but there is some who never do. ***** made **** is ***** made ****, there is no difference.

nastynice
06-05-2017, 10:24 PM

Take Bron of those heat. They are one of the best teams in the league. Soon as bosh signed, they were marked as title contenders

nastynice
06-05-2017, 10:29 PM
The Warriors are too stacked and it's not really fair. However when Lebron stacked teams it was unfair as well, he is being beat at his own game which kind of amuses me.

Exactly

WaDe03
06-05-2017, 10:30 PM
Take Bron of those heat. They are one of the best teams in the league. Soon as bosh signed, they were marked as title contenders

It doesn't matter. They were nowhere near the level of the Warriors team KD joined. I know you like to troll but come on, be serious for once. Theyre not close to the same.

joeystats
06-05-2017, 10:32 PM
It doesn't matter. They were nowhere near the level of the Warriors team KD joined. I know you like to troll but come on, be serious for once. Theyre not close to the same.

Lol you are way too butt hurt with the effort you put into that sig hahahahaha.

WaDe03
06-05-2017, 10:35 PM

Butt hurt? KD is a *****.....

Effort? You copy the link and put it on your profile. Doesn't even take a minute but I'm exhausted now.

joeystats
06-05-2017, 10:35 PM
That sig says 1 all star so clearly it doesn't count Bosh going there. What would the warriors record be without Klay and Durant? Probably not great, but if both went there the same year there would be a drastic difference.

WaDe03
06-05-2017, 10:36 PM
That sig says 1 all star so clearly it doesn't count Bosh going there. What would the warriors record be without Klay and Durant? Probably not great, but if both went there the same year there would be a drastic difference.

What sig?

WaDe03
06-05-2017, 10:37 PM
That would be fun, they could run Kyrie at the 2.

How are you getting Paul without giving up Kyrie? It isn't possible.

GREATNESS ONE
06-05-2017, 10:38 PM

It's quite hilarious! :laugh2: this is going to be really fun this summer!

WaDe03
06-05-2017, 10:41 PM

It's not near as funny as you clinging on to any hope that LeBron losing will change anyone's view on the Kobe vs LeBron debate that's been over for years.

likemystylez
06-05-2017, 10:45 PM

take a look at the level of talent that the heat had when lebron left them though. LMAO- with lebron you can pick and choose to find how weak his moves are. that heat tam was a quality team- yet he gets a pass for leaving them to build a new team because he went home???

GREATNESS ONE
06-05-2017, 10:45 PM
It's not near as funny as you clinging on to any hope that LeBron losing will change anyone's view on the Kobe vs LeBron debate that's been over for years.

That's not really it at all lol, I enjoy all these players it's been quite entertaining watching clearly late 80's basketball to now.

What's really making me laugh is the fact you guys all are so hurt and sad and fussy screaming how it's not fair and KD is a ***** and yada.... never had any hate towards Bron until the little pre-season parade where he counted all his supposed championships he was going to win with his first team. It didn't quite work as planned, congrats to the city of Miami and it's people for 2 Championships but he tried it again, and made Cleveland Trade for Love. He got his little super team Eastern conference bye Titles...

The funny part is Durant did the same ***** *** **** and ya'll mad like screaming kids. It's quite hilarious :)

**** it Dubs gonna ring off another 3-4 more titles but it's a lot better than the ****ing Lebron Jerk Fest the last 8 years.

joeystats
06-05-2017, 10:46 PM
How are you getting Paul without giving up Kyrie? It isn't possible.

They could dump JR Smith and sign Paul if he took a paycut so saying it isn't possible is ridiculous. More than likely it won't happen but saying it isn't possible is just ignorant.

joeystats
06-05-2017, 10:48 PM

We have to leave this kid alone, clearly can tell the huge age difference.

GREATNESS ONE
06-05-2017, 10:48 PM

WaDe03
06-05-2017, 10:50 PM
They could dump JR Smith and sign Paul if he took a paycut so saying it isn't possible is ridiculous. More than likely it won't happen but saying it isn't possible is just ignorant.

Still can't do it if they dump JR and CP3 is not taking a huge paycut. That's impossible.

BKLYNpigeon
06-05-2017, 10:52 PM
Butt hurt? KD is a *****.....

Effort? You copy the link and put it on your profile. Doesn't even take a minute but I'm exhausted now.

The fact that KD on the Warriors makes you so mad on PSD everyday when you post, its really sad. but it amuses the hell out of me. haha.

WaDe03
06-05-2017, 10:52 PM

Kid? There is a huge age difference if you're ignorant enough to think dumping JR means the Cavs can sign CP3. Learn your ****, CP3 isn't taking the minimum. You kids need to educate yourself a little more.

WaDe03
06-05-2017, 10:55 PM
The fact that KD on the Warriors makes you so mad on PSD everyday when you post, its really sad. but it amuses the hell out of me. haha.

I think your feelings are just hurt that everyone is going at Durant for being the softest player in sports history. It's nothing against you as you're a more respectable Warriors fan out of the very few there are. It could be worse though, you could be a Kobe fan trying to find any possible way to put him ahead of LeBron or a guy that doesn't know how the salary cap works

smith&wesson
06-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Lol Durant and Lebron didn't do the same thing .. Durant lossed to GS and then joined them.

That's like Lebron losing to the Celtics big 3 and then joining them after they just eliminated him and won a ship with out him.

Yall are missing the point of how cowardly Durant quit on his team and joined the enemy .. an enemy that was already a goliath.

But at the same time I'm glad the Warriors are humbling Lebron. 🤗

joeystats
06-05-2017, 10:58 PM
Kid? There is a huge age difference if you're ignorant enough to think dumping JR means the Cavs can sign CP3. Learn your ****, CP3 isn't taking the minimum. You kids need to educate yourself a little more.

Lol do you know what the word impossible means? I clearly said it most likely won't happen, but you need to learn the definition of impossible. Just because something is unlikely doesn't mean it is impossible. These kids are crazy internet gangsters nowadays

Hustla23
06-05-2017, 10:59 PM
I don't hate KD for being a "coward" or whatever it is that people are saying, but I do hate him for ruining a fun Thunder team that was basically already championship material. Seeing the Warriors vs. Thunder would have made the playoffs way more exciting and either team would put up a competitive battle with the Cavs. :sigh:

joeystats
06-05-2017, 10:59 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this funny.

BKLYNpigeon
06-05-2017, 11:00 PM
I think your feelings are just hurt that everyone is going at Durant for being the softest player in sports history. It's nothing against you as you're a more respectable Warriors fan out of the very few there are. It could be worse though, you could be a Kobe fan trying to find any possible way to put him ahead of LeBron or a guy that doesn't know how the salary cap works

It may look soft to most of us, but were looking at very objectively.

Life is short man. Do what makes you happy. if you want to go play with your friends and in a different style. he's earned the right. Its not like KD is taking a backseat at all. Iv never seen him play any better in his career and he's stepped it up to a whole new level.

Its easy to look in the past, but look forward. appreciate the great basketball thats being played.

joeystats
06-05-2017, 11:01 PM
Lol Durant and Lebron didn't do the same thing .. Durant lossed to GS and then joined them.

That's like Lebron losing to the Celtics big 3 and then joining them after they just eliminated him and won a ship with out him.

Yall are missing the point of how cowardly Durant quit on his team and joined the enemy .. an enemy that was already a goliath.

But at the same time I'm glad the Warriors are humbling Lebron. 🤗

I agree there is a difference but the end result is the same thing. Player leaves team, creates a stacked team.

WaDe03
06-05-2017, 11:05 PM
Lol do you know what the word impossible means? I clearly said it most likely won't happen, but you need to learn the definition of impossible. Just because something is unlikely doesn't mean it is impossible. These kids are crazy internet gangsters nowadays

Lol well there's a 0% chance CP3 takes the minimum, therefore it's impossible. If it happens I'll delete my account, if not you delete yours. How's that sound?

BKLYNpigeon
06-05-2017, 11:15 PM
Cavs have no picks to trade left.

all their role players are old and not valuable.

JR Smiths contract is Horrendous 4 years 56mil

Only way to get better is to trade Love, Kyrie or Tristian.

joeystats
06-05-2017, 11:16 PM
Lol well there's a 0% chance CP3 takes the minimum, therefore it's impossible. If it happens I'll delete my account, if not you delete yours. How's that sound?

Why would I do that if I think it would unlikely happen? You need to keep up and read man.... Your original statement was

"How are you getting Paul without giving up Kyrie? It isn't possible"

This is all I am responding to.... Yes I may of said dump JR Smith but that doesn't mean that's all they would have to do. But to say...

That statement is 100% false. But again... keep up if you can... It isn't likely... but it is possible. You are like the girl that uses the word "literally" for everything

BKLYNpigeon
06-05-2017, 11:18 PM
Trade Kyrie for CP3
Trade Love for Cousins.

WaDe03
06-05-2017, 11:25 PM
Why would I do that if I think it would unlikely happen? You need to keep up and read man.... Your original statement was

This is all I am responding to.... Yes I may of said dump JR Smith but that doesn't mean that's all they would have to do. But to say...

That statement is 100% false. But again... keep up if you can... It isn't likely... but it is possible. You are like the girl that uses the word "literally" for everything

Literally another bad post from you.

joeystats
06-05-2017, 11:34 PM
:yawn:

GREATNESS ONE
06-05-2017, 11:39 PM
Trade Kyrie for CP3
Trade Love for Cousins.

Boom

KnickNyKnick
06-05-2017, 11:45 PM
Boom

Shackalaka!

Jamiecballer
06-05-2017, 11:52 PM
Lol we're not talking about Durant's feelings about a girl he likes or how much his body hurts or not.

Judging a team can be observed and can be compared to other champions in the NBA so we're not exactly talking something new here. I'm sure you've done it plenty of times. Just because he doesn't believe it doesn't make it true if people can observe and come to a different conclusion. If he feels he didn't, then that's his opinion but there's more than enough people who can disagree (and would give a very reasonable explanation).

If I asked you whether or not Philly had what it takes to compete with the Cavs next year in the East, I'm sure you'd have an opinion. Well Embiid feels they can.It's not any different.

If he didn't think he had enough back in 2012 or still didn't think he had enough to win 1 more game against the Warriors (despite winning 3 games already) and making the finals (where they would've had a good chance to win) and now only thinks he has a chance (when he is with 3 other top 20 players), then that really only feeds into these people's idea.
If Westbrook wins a championship in the future I'll change my tune but until then I'll reserve my right to think it's entirely possible that Durant shares a belief that many NBA fans have, that you'll never reach the peak with his decision making and ball-hoggy-ness.

It's the same thing as if you had Cousins but still made it to the western conference finals. Talent might get you there but I couldn't fault anyone who said this guy will always find a way to undermine himself in the end.

And even though I'm not a particularly big KD fan, I think his perspective on that is definitely different than anything an outside observer can offer.

ewing
06-06-2017, 09:01 AM
Of course he does. You don't expect him to accept the lost and work with this core to get better. They are blowing this **** up.

Vee-Rex
06-06-2017, 09:07 AM
It's weird, but off the court LeBron doesn't seem as desperate. On the court he's playing his heart out but he doesn't seem as angry with the losses. He even talked about his post career and how basketball isn't everything to him which led people to think that his retirement might not be far off.

Honestly, I think he knows it's pretty much impossible to beat a 73-win team + KD.

Jayb587
06-06-2017, 09:11 AM
LeBron should plan to go to San Antonio with kawhi and Cp3.

Vinylman
06-06-2017, 09:55 AM
people are so dumb... I have posted it many times on here... the warriors window is this year plus 2 more...

MAX!

The NBA is just going to suck from a competitive standpoint for the next two years... that is all

The next CBA will definitely be a lockout because of how they administered this huge jump in the cap...

I hope Kyrie can't play games 3&4 so the this thing is over quick and a disaster for the league...

BKLYNpigeon
06-06-2017, 10:18 AM
Warriors have at least 3 years with this team.

The next CBA is in 7 years, so no rule changes till then.

BKLYNpigeon
06-06-2017, 10:25 AM
Whatever GM Lebron does will not be good enough. This is not NBA 2k. Making trades for new players takes time, and it takes time to develop chemistry. His best bet is to make minor tweaks, find some hungry players and pray that someone on the warriors is injured.

hugepatsfan
06-06-2017, 11:02 AM
It's weird, but off the court LeBron doesn't seem as desperate. On the court he's playing his heart out but he doesn't seem as angry with the losses. He even talked about his post career and how basketball isn't everything to him which led people to think that his retirement might not be far off.

Honestly, I think he knows it's pretty much impossible to beat a 73-win team + KD.

Yeah exactly. I don't think he's gonna go ring chase. Because honestly, there really isn't a way to beat this team. They assembled one of the great teams of all time and then a cap spike let them add another top 20 player of all time who's still in his prime. There's no team Lebron can go sign with to beat them unless he's willing to take the vet min and even then it's tough to say anyone is good.

Look at KD and Lebron as roughly equals. Without KD the Warriors were the best team in the NBA (CLE pulled it off to get 'em last year but on paper they were the best). Without KD they're better than everyone else. So if KD and Lebron are roughly equals then the Warriors + KD are still going to be better than anyone else + Lebron. Maybe if Lebron could clone himself and double himself up on the Cavs it would work lol

There really just isn't a team he can go to and beat these guys. So it doesn't make sense for him to leave CLE again to do that.

CLE has limited flexibility but they can make some moves. Shumpert at one guaranteed year left and JR with 2 guaranteed years aren't immovable. They should be able to get a good player for those guys IMO. Channing Frye and Richard Jefferson are about $10M of expiring contracts. They'll have to attach future picks that probably hurt to lose when it's time to rebuild but I bet they can get a little bit of help. Won't be nearly enough though.

FOXHOUND
06-06-2017, 11:18 AM
Yeah exactly. I don't think he's gonna go ring chase. Because honestly, there really isn't a way to beat this team. They assembled one of the great teams of all time and then a cap spike let them add another top 20 player of all time who's still in his prime. There's no team Lebron can go sign with to beat them unless he's willing to take the vet min and even then it's tough to say anyone is good.

Look at KD and Lebron as roughly equals. Without KD the Warriors were the best team in the NBA (CLE pulled it off to get 'em last year but on paper they were the best). Without KD they're better than everyone else. So if KD and Lebron are roughly equals then the Warriors + KD are still going to be better than anyone else + Lebron. Maybe if Lebron could clone himself and double himself up on the Cavs it would work lol

There really just isn't a team he can go to and beat these guys. So it doesn't make sense for him to leave CLE again to do that.

CLE has limited flexibility but they can make some moves. Shumpert at one guaranteed year left and JR with 2 guaranteed years aren't immovable. They should be able to get a good player for those guys IMO. Channing Frye and Richard Jefferson are about $10M of expiring contracts. They'll have to attach future picks that probably hurt to lose when it's time to rebuild but I bet they can get a little bit of help. Won't be nearly enough though.

The only thing they can really do is come back with the revenge and hunger they did last year from 2015, and that Golden State is playing with right now. Cleveland is obviously better than any west team outside of GS and SA, but GS didn't curb stomp anyone else like this for a reason.

I think Shump is part of the solution, they need his athleticism, D and shooting. JR's contract is horrible, he's not going anywhere but if he can get engaged again then he still provides value. It's all of the old bodies, Korver, Deron, Frye and Jefferson, that they need to replace. Frye is signed for next year at $7.4M and Jefferson at $2.5M, so I guess those are fine. They need to get younger with their vet mins guys though lol.

They're set for a cap of $126.5M next year and $127.1M the following year. There is no cap relief coming for them any time soon.

hugepatsfan
06-06-2017, 11:31 AM
The only thing they can really do is come back with the revenge and hunger they did last year from 2015, and that Golden State is playing with right now. Cleveland is obviously better than any west team outside of GS and SA, but GS didn't curb stomp anyone else like this for a reason.

I think Shump is part of the solution, they need his athleticism, D and shooting. JR's contract is horrible, he's not going anywhere but if he can get engaged again then he still provides value. It's all of the old bodies, Korver, Deron, Frye and Jefferson, that they need to replace. Frye is signed for next year at $7.4M and Jefferson at $2.5M, so I guess those are fine. They need to get younger with their vet mins guys though lol.

They're set for a cap of $126.5M next year and $127.1M the following year. There is no cap relief coming for them any time soon.

My point is that with 2 guaranteed years left JR isn't a guy teams wouldn't take on. If CLE adds in their 2020 pick when LBJ projects to be old and breaking down I bet a rebuilding team would give them a solid player. An extreme example is like when BOS took on Gerald Wallace from the Nets and gave up their vets for the future picks.

Let's say IND does trade PG13. For a pick that in 2020 could be great I bet they'd give you a Thaddeus Young while taking on just 2 years of Smith. They're rebuilding anyway if they move PG13. Just a quick example I thought of.

Not saying you'll get an all star or anything but I think they can get a decent player off of JR Smith's deal with a pick attached.

Shump I think you're right on. They need those type of athletic defenders.

Frye/R-Jeff as expiring deals might get you a guy on a 3 year deal a rebuilding team just wants to move to clear playing time for a younger guy. POR for example... They really need to clear some long-term money. Getting Frye/R-Jeff is enough salary to match for say a guy like Mo Harkless. Rumors are they'll attach a pick to dump a contract or two. With an expiring package like that maybe they don't have to attach the pick, just deal with the money for one more year and then be free.

mrblisterdundee
06-06-2017, 11:46 AM
LeBron's main problem is that his two co-stars are one-way. Neither Irving nor Love are moving the needle defensively, and that's not acceptable against Golden State. That's why I liked the idea of trading Paul for Irving. He's significantly older, but Paul is so much more impactful on both ends of the court. He and LeBron could create some of the best ball movement in the league, while at least challenging Durant and Curry on defense. But I don't know if Cleveland wants to trade away its youth to form a team of OGs in hopes of beating the most talented team ever.

Vinylman
06-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Warriors have at least 3 years with this team.

The next CBA is in 7 years, so no rule changes till then.

after this year?

If that is what you think you are wrong

hugepatsfan
06-06-2017, 11:52 AM
LeBron's main problem is that his two co-stars are one-way. Neither Irving nor Love are moving the needle defensively, and that's not acceptable against Golden State. That's why I liked the idea of trading Paul for Irving. He's significantly older, but Paul is so much more impactful on both ends of the court. He and LeBron could create some of the best ball movement in the league, while at least challenging Durant and Curry on defense. But I don't know if Cleveland wants to trade away its youth to form a team of OGs in hopes of beating the most talented team ever.

It's interesting. I wonder if there will be a power struggle in CLE. Lebron wants to go for it with a move like that but the front office is smart enough to take the long-range view, knowing it still wouldn't be enough to beat GS.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2017, 11:55 AM
If Westbrook wins a championship in the future I'll change my tune but until then I'll reserve my right to think it's entirely possible that Durant shares a belief that many NBA fans have, that you'll never reach the peak with his decision making and ball-hoggy-ness.

It's the same thing as if you had Cousins but still made it to the western conference finals. Talent might get you there but I couldn't fault anyone who said this guy will always find a way to undermine himself in the end.

And even though I'm not a particularly big KD fan, I think his perspective on that is definitely different than anything an outside observer can offer.

He can disagree and thats fine. But hes clearly in the minority if he believes so and os getting criticism because of it

Its not any different than other cirticisms about anything really.

aman_13
06-06-2017, 12:00 PM

I wonder what the answer would of been had he been asked if he had enough when they were up 3-1 against the Warriors.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2017, 12:13 PM
Baby boy, we trying to tell you, they're both wearing panties. They both did what they had to do in their time to win now. It's ok if you don't understand, you might in a few years but there is some who never do. ***** made **** is ***** made ****, there is no difference.

Yet youre here mocking one instead of both.

you mocked Lebron back in his heat days (which is fair), but when KD does it, instead of moving to ridicuke KD, youre still stuck on Lebron.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2017, 12:18 PM
What? You just totally contradicted yourself, Lebron has been doing this ****. Ya'll mad because someone took it a step further.

I wouldn't expect you to understand lololol :)

What are you talking about.

Thats what I just said. Lebron did something bad and KD did something worse. I cirticized Lebron and Im criticizing KD more.

You say both wearing "panties" yet your criticism is clearly baised more for Lebron than KD. You still "punishing" Lebron for a decision 7 years ago but when KD dors it, first thing you do is criticize Lebron more.

GREATNESS ONE
06-06-2017, 12:20 PM

you mocked Lebron back in his heat days (which is fair), but when KD does it, instead of moving to ridicuke KD, youre still stuck on Lebron.

True, I tend to have a little more hate towards Bron than KD at the moment, I'm sure after this championship, that will change :)

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Which was a worse scenario, the Columbine school shooting hoax or the Sandy Hook shooting hoax? both are pretty much the same since it was all a bunch of bulldog ish

which is worse, a murderer who killed 10 with a axe and chopped up the bodies or a murderer who killed 5 by blowing off each victim head off with a 12 gauge shotgun? I mean both are horrific based on the circumstances but I guess the 5 more victims would make it worse, but both murderers should be put to death for doing some gruesome outlandish inhumane ****

back to the actual bball decision, KD and Lebron both did the same thing by exercising the free agent freedom they had earned, KD trumped his by going to a team that was better/stronger in place but both have the same ship or bust mentality of the moves since neither had a ring prior to the move and both had a Finals trip under their belt with a L attached to that trip, Lebron said not 5 not 6 not 7 so that may be worse in hindsight when he only delivered 2 rings and didn't stay but 4yrs total in Miami due to the premature boasting he did

KD didn't do a espn tv special talking about he is taking his talents to the Bay Area, he just said he was doing what is best for him and Lebron did what was best for him at that time but it was just way more spotlight and theatrical drama added to it by Lebron himself and who he has been ever since he was on the cover of SI as a HS kid, he was the chosen one meaning he had to be the new age Jordan or propped up to some degree on that level so his free agency was treated on a whole diff. level, he just enhanced it with his self promotion savvy

neither move from those guys bothered me at all, it actually made me root for them more since the majority of those think it was weak on both parts but since its all about winning a ring then may as well strike while the iron is hot and you are young/primed and not old and not the same dynamic player ring chasing like Malone/Barkley and others since some don't get lucky like a Drexler/GP and win one near the end before career is over, both players got jerseys burned by butthurt fanatics when they left and I am sure if KD wanted to go back to OKC he would be welcomed like Lebron did when he decided to go back, those same fans who burned his jersey went out and copped a new one or two

KD and his so called hate/dislike will soon Passover just like Lebron and his hate/dislike did when he finally became the villain in Miami and won titles, KD has been given the villain label now and that is how you pretty much win in the nba or any sports for that matter, this is pretty much WWE(similar to KD/Westy beef) and for those who have watched WWE back then and now know that the villain role always has to be attained for the most part to gain ultimate success, sports/Hollywood go hand in hand, nothing more nor less

Way to go out way on a limb with the murder thing. But if you must do that, I 100% believe in sentencing that reflects the situation (10 years or 20 years, etc).

I already said KD and lebron had the sane mentality. 1 just did it despite being in a better position than the other. So lebron did something bad and kd did something worse. If you belive they are the same, criticize them together. If lebron/KD did it worse ,criticize accordingly. Thats clearly not happening here.

GREATNESS ONE
06-06-2017, 12:25 PM

True, I tend to have a little more hate towards Bron than KD at the moment, I'm sure after this championship, that will change :)

I just can't help but laugh at the hypocrisy and irony! A lot of people are so mad at KD but praise Bron, so looks like we're in the same boat homie!

Jamiecballer
06-06-2017, 12:29 PM
He can disagree and thats fine. But hes clearly in the minority if he believes so and os getting criticism because of it

Its not any different than other cirticisms about anything really.

i can respect your opinion on that but we will definitely have to agree to disagree particularly on that last statement.