PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox (27-22) at White Sox (24-26)

RedSoxtober
05-30-2017, 11:38 AM
Game 1: Price (0-0, x.xx) vs Holmberg (0-0, 2.51)
Game 2: Sale (5-2, 2.34) vs Quintana (2-6, 4.82)
Game 3: Pomeranz (4-3, 4.70) vs Pelfrey (2-4, 4.41)

RedSoxtober
05-30-2017, 01:02 PM
Red Sox manager John Farrell passed along that the exam showed nothing that would sideline Pedroia for an extended period of time. Pedroia will return to the team in Chicago, at which time a decision will be made regarding whether or not a trip to the 10-day disabled list is necessary.weei.com

Pittz
05-30-2017, 02:54 PM
weei.com

I'm assuming the exam referenced is an MRI? That's great news, then.

Pittz
05-30-2017, 02:59 PM
I'm assuming the exam referenced is an MRI? That's great news, then.

Aaand just got a notification that Pedroia has been placed on the DL and Panda has been called up. Hopefully this doesn't linger and the brief rest is all Pedroia needs.

I'd almost rather move Betts to 2B and roll with Young/JBJ/Benintendi in the OF ;) ...I just don't want to see Sandoval ever...

AI
05-31-2017, 09:37 AM
Aaand just got a notification that Pedroia has been placed on the DL and Panda has been called up. Hopefully this doesn't linger and the brief rest is all Pedroia needs.

I'd almost rather move Betts to 2B and roll with Young/JBJ/Benintendi in the OF ;) ...I just don't want to see Sandoval ever...

Completely agree.

Station 13
05-31-2017, 07:57 PM
Pablow is playing tonight as a DH. "designated hitter"

The Allen
06-01-2017, 01:14 AM
Pablow is playing tonight as a DH. "designated hitter"
And got three hits...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Pittz
06-01-2017, 09:06 AM
Hopefully Pomeranz has turned the corner.

Station 13
06-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Hopefully Pomeranz has turned the corner.

If he can mix in that cutter his flat fastball doesn't need to be precise (which isn't often) then he can pitch deeper in games.

Bosston
06-01-2017, 09:25 AM
Pablo and Pommy sure served up some pie last night to the negative neds.

Pittz
06-01-2017, 10:14 AM
Pablo and Pommy sure served up some pie last night to the negative neds.

Pablo's going to have to do it for more than one game before I'd count any type of pie being served. He's horrible and I hate him until thoroughly proven wrong. I'd love to be proven wrong, but 3 hits doesn't qualify haha.

Pomeranz has shown promise (in my opinion) all season with his strikeout ability, and now he seems to be combining that with higher efficiency. But, I'm biased, I like Pomeranz. Two games is a large enough sample size for me to buy in for him :)

Bosston
06-01-2017, 10:35 AM
Pablo's going to have to do it for more than one game before I'd count any type of pie being served. He's horrible and I hate him until thoroughly proven wrong. I'd love to be proven wrong, but 3 hits doesn't qualify haha.

Pomeranz has shown promise (in my opinion) all season with his strikeout ability, and now he seems to be combining that with higher efficiency. But, I'm biased, I like Pomeranz. Two games is a large enough sample size for me to buy in for him :)

Agreed... I always have faith. If these 2 can turn it around and Price can be a solid 5th starter I'll be happy lol.

AI
06-01-2017, 01:43 PM
Pomeranz is finally using his cutter again, it makes a big difference.

papipapsmanny
06-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Pomeranz is a 2/3 pitcher if he keeps his Walk rate under 3 per 9.

He is actually pitching very well this season, multiple indicators show he has dealt with some bad luck this season

RedSoxtober
06-02-2017, 03:36 PM
I don't really see much to suggest that Pomeranz has been pitching well and fallen victim of bad luck. K/9 and k/bb are obviously very good but slash against is less that spectacular. BABIP is somewhat high and DP% somewhat low, but that could be the result of a high LD%. His overall WPA is at 0.2, suggesting about what we see -- a guy whose performance has been just kind of in the middle overall. I'm not trying to run him down; I honestly went looking for the silver lining but didn't find it.