PDA

View Full Version : Stern "Lakers could have re-worked CP3 trade but Kupchak panicked"

kingsdelez24
05-28-2017, 12:04 PM
Stern: Lakers still could've traded for Chris Paul, but Kupchak 'panicked'
https://www.thescore.com/news/1309166
(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )

This explains the general malaise in the lakers forum

Dade County
05-28-2017, 02:49 PM
"panicked"? In what way ...What was he afraid of?

GREATNESS ONE
05-28-2017, 02:53 PM

He's just trolling LakerLand. All good, probably why he came in and teased in our forum.

He tried.

dhopisthename
05-28-2017, 02:59 PM

Stern wanted a better deal, but the lakers after the trade was rejected traded odom to the mavericks which killed any chance of a deal getting done.

colinskik
05-28-2017, 03:04 PM

Read the damn article and you won't have to ask dumb *** questions.

AllBall
05-28-2017, 03:23 PM
I don't like the Lakers and I'll tell you my self that Stern is a f'n troll. His tenure from 2004-2014 was insufferable. Seriously, Adam Silver couldn't take over soon enough. I read the article, he doesn't give any tangible explanation for his reasoning. Fake news if I've ever seen it. He needs to STFU and stay out of the public eye.

hugepatsfan
05-28-2017, 04:06 PM
Whoever that idiot GM they had that Stern needed to check I hope some team hires that way BOS can land a superstar for some worse vet players and a non-BRK pick.

Shlumpledink
05-28-2017, 04:35 PM
Stern is a snake. Trying to scapegoat Kupchak. He vetoed a trade he should not have, and doesn't even explain why, but calls Kupchak out for panicking. There was no precedent for this, was there? Why would Kupchak think he can deal with New Orleans after that?

colinskik
05-28-2017, 04:51 PM
Stern is a snake. Trying to scapegoat Kupchak. He vetoed a trade he should not have, and doesn't even explain why, but calls Kupchak out for panicking. There was no precedent for this, was there? Why would Kupchak think he can deal with New Orleans after that?

No explanation needed. That trade was terribly lopsided. And no, there was no precedent because the commish was wearing two hats, so he was trying to do what was best for the league and the then-Hornets.

Some people love to cry conspiracy. And the fool above claiming fake news -- stop. Just stop. I'd love to see some of you schmucks in a real pressure situation to see what you'd do.

The entire point of the article and Stern's argument was that he wanted to work out a fair trade for all parties, but Mitch made that an impossibility by trading away the most tradeable asset in Odom.

colinskik
05-28-2017, 04:52 PM
I don't like the Lakers and I'll tell you my self that Stern is a f'n troll. His tenure from 2004-2014 was insufferable. Seriously, Adam Silver couldn't take over soon enough. I read the article, he doesn't give any tangible explanation for his reasoning. Fake news if I've ever seen it. He needs to STFU and stay out of the public eye.

You're fake news.

Scoots
05-28-2017, 08:33 PM
He may have been pissed and changed tacks rather than panicking ... that said it's not unusual for GMs to make bad decisions when their plans are yanked away from them by outside forces.

kobe4thewinbang
05-28-2017, 11:15 PM
AKA a quote of a jerk's remorse

Popular opinion says the original trade as constructed was far better especially in hindsight than the actual trade.

And Lakers fans aren't in malaise. Forum here and at that other site are pretty hopeful and far more optimistic than say post-Nash & Howard/Jim Buss & D'Antoni/Scott era.