PDA

View Full Version : Which teams with a young core have a better future long-term?

Tg11
05-27-2017, 01:09 PM
As far as teams who have a young core who have a better future long term as far as being contenders out of the teams that do have a young core such as the Timberwolves, Suns, Lakers, 76ers, Magic, Pistons and Kings who has the better future long term? I would say out of these teams the only 3 teams who have a bright future would definitely be the Timberwolves, Lakers and 76ers long term

Federal Reserve
05-27-2017, 04:57 PM
The only teams with players who have star potential are the 76ers (highly depended on Embiid's health) and the Timberwolves. The Lakers, Magic, Kings, and Pistons have little star potential on the teams. The Suns have Booker, but they'll need to draft someone else of his caliber to give them a chance to become a relevant playoff team.

jsthornton7
05-27-2017, 05:26 PM
In terms of ranking teams with the best young core I would go:

76ers
Wolves
Lakers

If your talking about which team has the best long term future I'd say:

Lakers
76ers
Wolves

DanG
05-27-2017, 05:29 PM
1. Wolves - KAT and Wiggins are both guarantees all-stars. Hopefully they can make the most out of their 7th pick this season because I don't see anyone else having star potential (LaVine a question mark after ACL tear).

2. Sixers - Embiid, Simmons, Jackson I assume, all have all-star potential. Saric will be the ultimate sixth man. They just gotta stay healthy.

3. Bucks - They'll be in the playoffs for many years just because of Giannis. Hopefully Parker can come back just as good as he was.

4. Lakers - Ingram and Zubac are going to be really good players. Clarkson seems like a 6th man type of player and Randle and Russell remain question marks for me. It all depends how good Lonzo is pretty much.

Suns and Kings don't have much, Booker is nice, but in the West it's just not enough.

Magic will probably find a way to draft another bust this year.

lol, please
05-27-2017, 06:41 PM
As far as teams who have a young core who have a better future long term as far as being contenders out of the teams that do have a young core such as the Timberwolves, Suns, Lakers, 76ers, Magic, Pistons and Kings who has the better future long term? I would say out of these teams the only 3 teams who have a bright future would definitely be the Timberwolves, Lakers and 76ers long term

The Warriors.

lol, please
05-27-2017, 06:41 PM
The only teams with players who have star potential are the 76ers (highly depended on Embiid's health) and the Timberwolves. The Lakers, Magic, Kings, and Pistons have little star potential on the teams. The Suns have Booker, but they'll need to draft someone else of his caliber to give them a chance to become a relevant playoff team.

Welcome back federal reserve :love:

Raps18-19 Champ
05-27-2017, 08:51 PM
KAT is probably on the road to greatness and Andrew Wiggins could probably be a good sidekick if he doesn't reach his superstar potential.

More-Than-Most
05-27-2017, 10:05 PM
1. Wolves - KAT and Wiggins are both guarantees all-stars. Hopefully they can make the most out of their 7th pick this season because I don't see anyone else having star potential (LaVine a question mark after ACL tear).

2. Sixers - Embiid, Simmons, Jackson I assume, all have all-star potential. Saric will be the ultimate sixth man. They just gotta stay healthy.

3. Bucks - They'll be in the playoffs for many years just because of Giannis. Hopefully Parker can come back just as good as he was.

4. Lakers - Ingram and Zubac are going to be really good players. Clarkson seems like a 6th man type of player and Randle and Russell remain question marks for me. It all depends how good Lonzo is pretty much.

Suns and Kings don't have much, Booker is nice, but in the West it's just not enough.

Magic will probably find a way to draft another bust this year.

Wiggins bothers me... He should be so much better... Embiid needs to be healthy... TLC/lakers pick next year/kings pick year after should also be in on this as well in terms of our future assets.

Fun note... Ingram got a ton of talk but there was no real difference between him and TLC for the sixers in their rookie years. TLC was a steal in the first round. He was expected to go 11-13

Wolves/Sixers

Suns/Lakers/Knicks

Dont sleep on the knicks in terms of jumping over the suns/lakers rather easily... why? They already have Porz... Imagine if they hit on someone with their 8th pick... Lots of talk is being banked on fultz/ball/Jackson but all of these guys could busting hurting the lakers/sixers while the knicks run away with a steal and a quick one two punch.

Hustla23
05-27-2017, 10:22 PM
Easily the 76ers. Embiid, if healthy, can be a top 3 player in the league. Simmons looks like a legitimate potential superstar and they have the #3 pick this year and more picks in the wings for the next few seasons.

The Wolves have KAT but the rest of their "core" is overrated IMO. Wiggins is nothing special and Lavine is probably not the same player after a massive knee injury.

Lakers/Suns/Knicks are kind of all in the same boat but KP is probably the best young player amongst all those teams.

lol, please
05-28-2017, 12:31 PM
lol @ answers other than the Warriors, we have the best young core and it isn't even close.

mrblisterdundee
05-28-2017, 12:53 PM

Is this the third or fourth time this exact same thread has been done this season?

Vee-Rex
05-28-2017, 02:02 PM
I really like the Bucks. I think they'll keep improving as a team and individually as well. The East is wide open after the Cavs and if they can get Parker healthy (his injuries just seem to be sheer bad luck) they have the potential to be a force. I want them to keep adding impactful pieces.

hugepatsfan
05-28-2017, 02:18 PM
Yes I agree that the Bucks are in outstanding position. Not only do they have young players but young players with room to grow. Giannis is already great but he still has room for improvement that I think he can make. Parker hasn't come into his own yet. Maker has upside. Brogden was such a great story as a rookie and should still be able to improve, though I'll admit not so sure I see huge upside necessarily with him. Middleton wasn't even healthy most of last year. Snell emerged as a solid player but being honest I don't see him as having a lot of room to grow.

The issue they're going to have is that the clock is sort of ticking on them to add impact pieces. They have a lot of guys kind of clogging their long-term flexibility in Monroe, Teletovic, Henson, Dellavedova, Hawes. They're already over the cap. Assuming they re-sign Snell as rumors say they want to will take them further over with bird rights. Parker is an RFA next year which will create a bigger cap hold than his current salary and then once he ultimately signs another big piece on the books. They're at a stage now where they will be in the playoffs every year so their picks are only "meh" pieces. If they salary dump some guys they can probably add some cap space this year but I'd say long-term they're probably capped out from making big FA additions. They can do trades but subtracting from what you already have to add inherently lessens the improvement to some degree. So it needs to be a deal that makes sense.

Next couple of offseasons are key for MIL because they're at that point where strategically you need to time your moves right so they don't get stuck where they are as good but not good enough.

jsthornton7
05-28-2017, 02:44 PM
lol @ answers other than the Warriors, we have the best young core and it isn't even close.

I wouldn't call Curry - 29, Durant - 28, Green - 27, Thompson - 27 a young core anymore. More of a prime core. They've got a few years left don't get me wrong, but their talent is already realized.

The other teams listed are basically made up of 19 to 23 year olds

jsthornton7
05-28-2017, 02:47 PM
I'd also like to point out that the Celtics should be on this list.

Markelle Fultz (most likely)
Jaylen Brown
Marcus Smart

And they will receive another top 5 pick in 2018 from Brooklyn

hugepatsfan
05-28-2017, 03:04 PM
I wouldn't call Curry - 29, Durant - 28, Green - 27, Thompson - 27 a young core anymore. More of a prime core. They've got a few years left don't get me wrong, but their talent is already realized.

The other teams listed are basically made up of 19 to 23 year olds

And even if all of those guys were 3 years younger it's quite clear that the implied intention of the thread is for teams that haven't "arrived" yet which obviously doesn't apply to Golden State.

jsthornton7
05-28-2017, 03:07 PM
And even if all of those guys were 3 years younger it's quite clear that the implied intention of the thread is for teams that haven't "arrived" yet which obviously doesn't apply to Golden State.

Obviously not to that guy lol

mgjohnson7851
05-29-2017, 02:58 PM
Don't forget the Nuggets

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Jeffy25
05-30-2017, 10:48 PM
How about core of players under the age of 24?

For me, it's Minnesota all day. Other teams have great young cores too, but Minnesota could be incredible, and soon.