PDA

View Full Version : If the Warriors lose

More-Than-Most
05-26-2017, 06:14 PM
Depending on how they play of course but if the warriors by some miracle lose and curry or durant is either mediocre or just good does this hurt their legacy the same way it hurt lebron against Dallas years back?

GREATNESS ONE
05-26-2017, 06:19 PM
Same way it will hurt Lebrons this year.

tredigs
05-26-2017, 06:22 PM
You answered your question before it started. "Depending".

It's going to be a long 5 days smh.

More-Than-Most
05-26-2017, 06:34 PM
You answered your question before it started. "Depending".

It's going to be a long 5 days smh.

the thing is lebron still hasnt gotten rid of the shadow over him from that series... Durant is already more hated... Curry last year was said to have choked... If they lose and these guys arent amazing they will be picked apart to the bone.... Curry might be able to rebound but it took everything including the most legendary performances for lebron to get his head back above water after that let down... Factor in he wasnt on the GOAT team and didnt have the hate durant has currently nor was he coming off of a 3-1 loss... This could be catastrophic for their careers.

tredigs
05-26-2017, 06:37 PM
the thing is lebron still hasnt gotten rid of the shadow over him from that series... Durant is already more hated... Curry last year was said to have choked... If they lose and these guys arent amazing they will be picked apart to the bone.... Curry might be able to rebound but it took everything including the most legendary performances for lebron to get his head back above water after that let down... Factor in he wasnt on the GOAT team and didnt have the hate durant has currently nor was he coming off of a 3-1 loss... This could be catastrophic for their careers.

"catastrophic" lol. Just to nerds like us on a bball forum maybe. We'll see how they all play and then make assessments accordingly.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-26-2017, 07:44 PM
Depends how he plays.

Lebron isn't bashed in 2011 because he lost. He got bashed because of how he played when he lost given the circumstances.

LOb0
05-26-2017, 07:53 PM
Durant isn't nearly the stature of LeBron. Durant will just be made fun of. People won't be talking about him all the time like Bron.

tp13baby
05-26-2017, 07:54 PM
If the Warriors lose......

I will argue Lebron is the goat.

If the Warriors win.....

F KD.

tredigs
05-26-2017, 08:06 PM

If the Warriors win.....

F KD.

The only honest post this thread will see, and the sentiments of 99% of non Warriors fans.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-26-2017, 08:15 PM

If the Warriors win.....

F KD.

Well the question was about what would happen to KD if the Warriors lost. We already have a thread about what would happen to Lebron if the Warriors (Cavs) lost (won).

cmellofan15
05-26-2017, 08:44 PM
I think it will but I don't see it happening. People already make up this story that Curry is poor in the finals so it would definitely put some justification to that narrative for the people who don't like him.

nastynice
05-26-2017, 09:16 PM
I think it will but I don't see it happening. People already make up this story that Curry is poor in the finals so it would definitely put some justification to that narrative for the people who don't like him.

It's a fair criticism. He could have played better. He wasn't as bad as a lot of people try n make it out to be, but really, he was MVP, mediocre and average are not acceptable performances. He needs to step it up this year and prove something.

I been watching him and I feel he will. But he's got one more round to go

PurpleLynch
05-26-2017, 11:09 PM
Probably yes, but to a lesser degree: Dallas in that Finals played as the underdog,it was bound to be a stain on the curriculum of a player like James; GS and Cavs right now are more of a match, Cavs showed that they can hold on to GS and overcome them too in the last Finals. KD is clearly a player that breaks this kind of balance, but Cavs,this year, are absolutely not the underdog team Dallas was compared to Miami in 2011.

PS: I think GS will win it all this year anyway.

Vee-Rex
05-27-2017, 12:00 AM
I think the Warriors losing impacts the individual players differently.

Dray - Not much impact here... maybe a little poking and teasing since he said that they were looking to annihilate the Cavs back in October.

Steph - Needs to have a strong performance. IMO he needs to be the MVP or the notion that he's an underperformer in the finals will be a tad bit more solid. Even if the Warriors lose if he has a great series he'll be fine.

KD - Not much this series will do for his legacy - that was already stained when he joined GS. Even if he plays out of his mind, there's a very low ceiling to the amount of credit people will give him. Oh well, can't feel sorry for him - he did it for the ring so he'll have to live with the perception he has.

Klay - Sorta in the Steph group with this. Needs to play well regardless of winning or losing.

Edit: I think if the Warriors lost and Klay didn't play well, that might make them more likely to trade him.

At this point Steph/KD/Dray should be locks for a long time, so these finals could possibly be the beginning of deciding Klay's actual future on the team.

Edit edit: Scratch that, for some reason I thought Klay's contract ended in 2018 but it's 2019. So if the Warriors lost then it'll just end up giving dudes ammo to shoot at them, but nothing more.

FOXHOUND
05-27-2017, 12:08 AM
Depending on how they play of course but if the warriors by some miracle lose and curry or durant is either mediocre or just good does this hurt their legacy the same way it hurt lebron against Dallas years back?

If either have anything close to as bad a series as LeBron did in 2011, win or lose, of course it would hurt their legacy lol. You're blending the line between individual and team accomplishment too much here. As bad as LeBron was in 2011, Miami still would have won if he was just a bit better. Mediocre would have done just fine.

More-Than-Most
05-27-2017, 01:30 AM
If either have anything close to as bad a series as LeBron did in 2011, win or lose, of course it would hurt their legacy lol. You're blending the line between individual and team accomplishment too much here. As bad as LeBron was in 2011, Miami still would have won if he was just a bit better. Mediocre would have done just fine.

18/7/7 on 48 percent shooting lol... thats not mediocre?

Example... curry last year in the finals... 22/5/4 on 40 percent shooting.

lol, please
05-27-2017, 01:44 AM

I love how you talk about the Warriors losing to this Cavaliers team like it's actually possible.

lol, please
05-27-2017, 01:46 AM

If the Warriors win.....

F KD.

That's fine, but at least root for the Warriors to win so Iggy can get another ring.

:nod:

Saddletramp
05-27-2017, 02:19 AM
That's fine, but at least root for the Warriors to win so Iggy can get another ring.

:nod:

I think that's the dude that hates Iggy because of what he did in that series before he left. And you'd hate him if he did the same thing this next series.

FOXHOUND
05-27-2017, 02:36 AM
18/7/7 on 48 percent shooting lol... thats not mediocre?

Example... curry last year in the finals... 22/5/4 on 40 percent shooting.

No, that is very clearly sub par for LeBron James. It's far worse that he was terrible in the 4th quarters and that if he's a bit better in games 2 and 4 that Miami sweeps them, let alone loses the series.

Curry was bad in last years Finals too, he was clearly below his set standards of play. He shot .367/.357/.929 with 4.0 turnovers per game and just 2.3 assists in their last 3 games to blow the 3-1 series lead. Even worse, he was 6-19 in game 7 when they lost by 4 points.

Curry can't survive another series like that with Durant on his team now, it will clearly shift him into questionable leader territory.

IKnowHoops
05-27-2017, 02:59 AM
There is nothing bad that can happen that won't have plenty of opportunities to be forgiven in lateryears

FOXHOUND
05-27-2017, 03:03 AM
There is nothing bad that can happen that won't have plenty of opportunities to be forgiven in lateryears

You're right, but of course the bigger hole you dig for yourself the harder it is to come out.

Htownballa1622
05-27-2017, 08:30 AM
I love how you talk about the Warriors losing to this Cavaliers team like it's actually possible.

This would be extremely sig worthy if somehow the Cavs won.

Tg11
05-27-2017, 12:19 PM
But then 2018 Curry is an unrestricted free agent right? Or is he a free agent this year? If the Warriors lose then that could determine if whether or not Curry leaves but then again Klay he too is a free agent well either next summer in 2018 or in 2019 but either way the Warriors if they lose this Finals then I can see their core somehow getting picked apart in the off season

lol, please
05-28-2017, 12:57 PM
This would be extremely sig worthy if somehow the Cavs won.

Your sig is sig worthy, and I just replied to it, thanks for putting that up there, gave me a legit laugh for the day.

lol, please
05-28-2017, 01:01 PM
But then 2018 Curry is an unrestricted free agent right? Or is he a free agent this year? If the Warriors lose then that could determine if whether or not Curry leaves but then again Klay he too is a free agent well either next summer in 2018 or in 2019 but either way the Warriors if they lose this Finals then I can see their core somehow getting picked apart in the off season

lol.

Why do people assume FA will affect this team like it normally might others?

This is literally the greatest team ever assembled. Not only would players not want to leave after 1 title, the core players were drafted by this organization and were integral in the resurgence and dominance of the franchise.

They will be hallmarks of the Warriors and retire as such, much like Kobe did, except this bond will be even greater - Kobe was a landmark but of ongoing success...imagine if Kobe represented the best era and the first dominant era of the Lakers, and not just the 3rd dynasty...that's what the splash bros and green are for the Warriors.

Part of what makes Warriors fans so cocky and confident isn't that we are winning now, it's that we know we aren't going to be losing any time soon, nor will our team fall apart any time soon.