PDA

View Full Version : Who's ranked higher: LeBon or Kareem?

LOb0
05-26-2017, 05:41 PM
Who you got?

GREATNESS ONE
05-26-2017, 05:42 PM
The Captain.

Hawkeye15
05-26-2017, 05:44 PM
oh man. Right now, gun to my head, Kareem. I use tiers

MJ
Wilt/Kareem
LeBron/Shaq/Duncan
Hakeem/Magic
Bird/Kobe/Russell

That being said, LeBron will for sure end up in tier 2, and maybe tier 1.

Right now? Kareem. By career's end? Probably a toss up..

tredigs
05-26-2017, 05:50 PM
With KAJ's absurd longevity and being better than 95% of the NBA talent as a freshman in college, imagine his already stratospheric totals and prime numbers had he not stayed under Wooden winning titles until he graduated. I'll take The Captain, but it's a debate.

mightybosstone
05-26-2017, 07:16 PM
I give the slightest of edges to Lebron. You could make a case that Kareem's peak statistical production early in his career was better than Lebron, but he also was putting up those insane numbers nearly 50 years ago against inferior competition. Also, he didn't sustain that excellence quite as well as Lebron has. In Lebron's 14th season, he's a top 5 MVP candidate putting up at least 25/7/6 for his 13th consecutive season. By Kareem's 14th season, Kareem had gone from a consistent 15/12 guy to a 22/7 guy playing 32 minutes a game.

And, yes, Lebron had the advantage of coming into the league at age 19, but I'd argue that Kareem's advantage playing against competition in the early 70s is every bit as significant. Plus, Lebron's postseason production is a little more impressive. Despite playing in 25 fewer postseason games, Lebron has greatly outproduced Kareem in the playoffs.

Kareem has an edge in longevity, but I put less stock in that, and I still think there's a chance he'll catch Kareem in that area before it's all said and done. The one area where Kareem has a notable edge is rings, but consider that his last two were won at age 39 and 40 as a role player. Lebron already has as many alpha dog titles as Kareem, and he's still got a long way to go.

More-Than-Most
05-26-2017, 07:27 PM
The captain right now... By the end lebron will be 2 but Kareem/Wilt/LBJ are all right there.

europagnpilgrim
05-26-2017, 07:35 PM
Kareem

after the best most dominant bigs then Lebron comes into play for me when starting a team along with a few others who I would roll with as well

Chronz
05-26-2017, 08:03 PM
Kareem no doubt about it.

Let this be a message for those who think its impossible for Bron to still attain whatever ranking you guys want to claim he cant, keep in mind that KAJ is an arguable GOAT himself and he lost in a far more devastating fashion when he was ousted in R.1 (as opposed to G6 of the NBA FINALS) whilst getting locked down all game (as opposed to just the 4th quarter) against inferior competition (as opposed to the NBA Champion). Longevity can make up for a great many sins, in my book its better to have a Finals run than having a year where you dont play at all. Its almost as if Bron would be held in higher regard had he simply gotten injured or something that year.

PurpleLynch
05-26-2017, 11:25 PM
Right now Kareem.
Lebron will enter his tier if he keeps this level of play for just one more year imo. It will be fun watching him adapting his game to his late aging process.
Now, personally I put Kareem and Jordan in the same tier,therefore Lebron should also be considered the Goat. But since there is only one Goat by rule, gun to my head, Jordan still is the Goat.
So the discussion will get spicy when we will get debates on if Jordan still holds the title or if maybe we really witnessed someone who is equal or better,even by a few margin, than him. This, obviously, when Lebron will decide to retire. I think he will be done with the NBA at 36, but we will see.

goingfor28
05-26-2017, 11:34 PM
Horford

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mike_noodles
05-26-2017, 11:46 PM
I don't even like him, but I'm taking Bron. He's not getting the respect that he deserves.

europagnpilgrim
05-27-2017, 12:19 AM
I don't even like him, but I'm taking Bron. He's not getting the respect that he deserves.

if you don't feel he is not getting the respect he has earned then you must be new on here and you must have blacked out to all media sports outlets the past week, its all they are talking about is who is the GOAT, Jordan or LeBron

while disrespecting others like Russell/Wilt/Kareem/Oscar/DrJ in the process, before Jordan those were the players discussed as who is the GOAT, especially the first 3

Russell is the most dominant winner/champ ever plus defender as well
Wilt is the most dominant solo act ever to step on the hardwood
Kareem is like a best of both worlds version with a fair share of titles&dominance/longevity

if people actually stick to the script and stop flip flopping to fit their agenda it starts there and goes downhill

GREATNESS ONE
05-27-2017, 01:03 AM
if you don't feel he is not getting the respect he has earned then you must be new on here and you must have blacked out to all media sports outlets the past week, its all they are talking about is who is the GOAT, Jordan or LeBron

while disrespecting others like Russell/Wilt/Kareem/Oscar/DrJ in the process, before Jordan those were the players discussed as who is the GOAT, especially the first 3

Kareem is like a best of both worlds version with a fair share of titles&dominance/longevity

if people actually stick to the script and stop flip flopping to fit their agenda it starts there and goes downhill

:clap: you good sir, I tip my hat too.

lol, please
05-27-2017, 01:51 AM
KAJ and it's not even close. Laughable question imo.

mike_noodles
05-27-2017, 06:38 AM

When people are voting KAJ and laughing saying it's not even close, then yeah he's not getting the respect he deserves. He's a top 3 player of all time who's still playing prime basketball. I don't think people are aware how impressive 7 straight finals truly is.

LOb0
05-27-2017, 07:01 AM
When people are voting KAJ and laughing saying it's not even close, then yeah he's not getting the respect he deserves. He's a top 3 player of all time who's still playing prime basketball. I don't think people are aware how impressive 7 straight finals truly is.

It's the East. Out of all the things Bron has done in his career, that's low on the list. If he was in the West he surely wouldn't have made it 7 times in a row.

PowerHouse
05-27-2017, 07:51 AM
I always say greatest NBA player all-time: Jordan

Greatest basketball player all-time: Kareem (based on high school til end of professional career)