PDA

View Full Version : Inside the NBA

Sly Guy
05-24-2017, 10:30 PM
Shaq and Chuck don't get along, the way they snipe at each other on-air constantly makes that pretty evident. If TNT decides enough is enough, who goes, who stays, why?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-24-2017, 10:33 PM
Shaq goes. Chuck's better and he's been there longer.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-24-2017, 10:33 PM
Chuck will probably leave first because he probably would want to do something else.

aman_13
05-24-2017, 10:52 PM
I think it's all in fun, but last night he legitimately got under Shaq's skin.

Shaq likes to dish it but can't handle it when someone fires back sometimes.

To answer the question, if TNT had to choose, it would be Shaq who leaves.

GREATNESS ONE
05-24-2017, 11:02 PM
I say get two new ones or switch it up a bit, need that wild card between the two.

TrueFan420
05-24-2017, 11:50 PM
Their both jokes and both should leave

Sly Guy
05-25-2017, 12:19 AM
I think it's all in fun, but last night he legitimately got under Shaq's skin.

Shaq likes to dish it but can't handle it when someone fires back sometimes.

To answer the question, if TNT had to choose, it would be Shaq who leaves.

I dunno if it's all in good fun though, like a jab once in a while is ok, and really, I think the telling thing about a personally insulting joke is if the guy you just insulted laughs as well. Shaq routinely goes at Chuck, the insults escalate, and it gets to the point where both guys are like 'oh crap, we should probably start laughing or this'll look really bad', and end up forcing one out.

And it does look bad. Those guys are supposed to represent the NBA on a national level, to promote the game, to offer insight, and to have fun, with each other and as a consequence the audience as well. I mean, the one thing I think a lot of people liked about inside the NBA is that it was a casual way to watch the game. Like you were sitting there with a couple of former greats shooting the ***** with them over a couple of brews, the same way you'd do with your boys. Fighting like this goes away from that image.

Thing is, it puts TNT in a bind, it's tough to remove a legend, I mean, those guys clearly still have egos, and the having a salty former analyst all over the press might make things even worse. I always felt as though adding Shaq to the show was adding redundancy. Both guys are the clowns on the show, but too many clowns takes away from any serious analysis, and both try to steal the spotlight. Chuck was the guy making the crazy, or downright nonsensical comments, Kenny would needle him in a way that didn't get too much of a rise out of him, and EJ was there to keep em both in line. What we've got now resembles more of two guys going at each other over what they did in years' passed, or their opposing views on the game and EJ's become more and more a full time peacemaker. I think TNT's gonna have to start thinking long and hard about removing one of them, cuz I don't think either one is gonna ever understand how to stay off the other's toes.

effen5
05-25-2017, 12:32 AM
Shaq leaves. He doesn't belong there.