PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh has reached parting agreement with Miami Heat

Big Zo
05-23-2017, 06:16 PM
Good to hear. Hopefully they can attract some nice free agents this summer
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-heat-chris-bosh-reach-agreement-to-part-ways-in-coming-weeks/amp/

Raps18-19 Champ
05-23-2017, 07:40 PM
Come back to Toronto.

Bostonjorge
05-23-2017, 08:04 PM
Clippers should trade Blake for Melo then sign Bosh on the cheap if cheap now gets you Bosh.

BKLYNpigeon
05-23-2017, 08:13 PM
He's probably going to the cavs.

FOXHOUND
05-23-2017, 08:31 PM
This situation is odd. If he does sign on to play for another team, doesn't that prove that he could play? Wouldn't that void the Heats claim that he can't? Is it at the discretion of one medical staff vs another? Would his new teams medical staff basically have to sign off on him playing not being a risk to his life like the Heats think it is? What if something bad does happen? That would be awful.

I don't know how to feel about this, but Bosh has the right to make his choice. I just hope the new medical staff is as diligent as Miami's was, or maybe that Miami's was in fact disingenuous on orders to try and waive his contract.

Quinnsanity
05-23-2017, 08:53 PM
I have to imagine that if he can really play, Cleveland is the heavy favorite. Remember he's still getting paid the balance of his contract with Miami even after being waived. That will be three max contracts in total from his career, plus the added endorsement money he got from Miami's huge exposure during the LeBron years. I would guess money is not a factor to him.

But I don't know enough about his condition to say whether or not he'll be a viable player again. Is it the sort of thing where he'd be fine playing 10 minutes per game? Or is the risk no different playing 40 against playing one? We'll see.

I do want to throw out a few more possible destinations, based on things I've read/heard about Bosh in the past.

San Antonio/GSW would both love him on a limited minutes basis, and I wouldn't be too surprised, if he's dead set on contending, if he chose one of them. I think Cleveland is the favorite just because he knows how to play with LeBron, but I'm not really sure their relationship is so great that it's a lock. LeBron and Wade are obviously closer than Bosh was with either of them, he's not part of the banana boat gang for whatever that's worth, and I've at least heard rumblings that Bosh wasn't close to either of those two by the end of LeBron's tenure. Not that he hates them or anything, just that he wasn't as tight with them. If his relationship with LeBron has soured but he still wants to compete, those seem like the teams. San Antonio especially has the Texas connection.

Dallas comes to mind as well. He's from there, and he said in the past that the reason he didn't sign with Houston in 2014 was that he felt like he needed a break from the insane scrutiny that comes with playing for a super team. If he still feels that way and just wants to play basketball rather than add to his legacy in a meaningful way, doing it in your home town seems like a fun way to go, especially since most players love playing for Mark Cuban so much. The locker room could use him in a post-Dirk world.

Quinnsanity
05-23-2017, 08:56 PM
This situation is odd. If he does sign on to play for another team, doesn't that prove that he could play? Wouldn't that void the Heats claim that he can't? Is it at the discretion of one medical staff vs another? Would his new teams medical staff basically have to sign off on him playing not being a risk to his life like the Heats think it is? What if something bad does happen? That would be awful.

I don't know how to feel about this, but Bosh has the right to make his choice. I just hope the new medical staff is as diligent as Miami's was, or maybe that Miami's was in fact disingenuous on orders to try and waive his contract.

Here's the exact rule:

For the Heat to medically waive Bosh, he has to not have played for a year (check), and a doctor jointly decided by the league and the Player's Association has to decide that his condition is career-ending. If that doctor determines that it is, then the Heat can waive him with no cap implications. They still have to pay him regardless.

HOWEVER.

If Bosh plays 25 games in one season with a new team, the rest of Bosh's contract goes back onto Miami's books. That's a really dangerous situation. They could spend all of their cap space this summer thinking Bosh is gone, and then Bosh might suddenly return to their salary sheet and push them into the tax. The Heat didn't make the playoffs this year. They probably won't be true contenders next year, and Micky Arison has avoided the tax in the past (see the Mike Miller amnesty, for example). This could be a really interesting situation.

FOXHOUND
05-23-2017, 08:58 PM
Here's the exact rule:

For the Heat to medically waive Bosh, he has to not have played for a year (check), and a doctor jointly decided by the league and the Player's Association has to decide that his condition is career-ending. If that doctor determines that it is, then the Heat can waive him with no cap implications. They still have to pay him regardless.

HOWEVER.

If Bosh plays 25 games in one season with a new team, the rest of Bosh's contract goes back onto Miami's books. That's a really dangerous situation. They could spend all of their cap space this summer thinking Bosh is gone, and then Bosh might suddenly return to their salary sheet and push them into the tax. The Heat didn't make the playoffs this year. They probably won't be true contenders next year, and Micky Arison has avoided the tax in the past (see the Mike Miller amnesty, for example). This could be a really interesting situation.

Ah, I see. That makes sense.

kobe4thewinbang
05-23-2017, 09:52 PM
Sad turn of events, but glad they were able to work something out. I bet Rockets fans are glad he didn't sign there. Hopefully his health improves since he loves the game, but I still think it's unwise to tempt fate.

LOb0
05-23-2017, 10:22 PM
Bosh to the Warriors.

TrueFan420
05-23-2017, 10:56 PM
So if Wade and Bosh head to the Cavs are they breaking the east?

WaDe03
05-23-2017, 11:08 PM

If that happens KDs rings will mean something. As long as bosh is still a solid piece that is.

JordansBulls
05-23-2017, 11:25 PM
He comes to the Bulls and Bulls win title next year.

LOb0
05-24-2017, 12:16 AM
If that happens KDs rings will mean something. As long as bosh is still a solid piece that is.

I don't think Wade is good enough at this point. It hurts to say that.

mrblisterdundee
05-24-2017, 12:50 AM
He'd be a great fit in Los Angeles, killing second units and filling in for Jordan when the Clippers need shooting. but yeah; this is probably just another opportunity for further consolidation of power.

More-Than-Most
05-24-2017, 01:11 AM
Lol the heat cant do anything at all with the money saved... their owner/gm wont have that... if they use the free up space and he plays... MAAAAAAAAN

Dade County
05-24-2017, 02:30 AM
Lol the heat cant do anything at all with the money saved... their owner/gm wont have that... if they use the free up space and he plays... MAAAAAAAAN

Re-look into the situation when you have time, Miami is good.

The Heat is optimistic that because of a change in the labor agreement, its parting with Bosh not only would clear his $25.3 million salary off next year’s cap, but would permanently remove his $52.1 million in remaining salary from the cap even if he resumes his career elsewhere. - See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/though-nothing-yet-official-bosh-agrees-to-amicable-parting-with-heat-468310.html#sthash.QDy3yAY4.dpuf

Hopefully Pat can get 1 to 2 free agents to sign on with Miami this upcoming free agency period.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-24-2017, 08:33 AM
Here's the exact rule:

HOWEVER.

Blazers had this happen I think with Darius Miles. He was injured and insurance paid him and was waived then he came back for another team and Blazers got the shaft.

WaDe03
05-24-2017, 10:20 AM
I don't think Wade is good enough at this point. It hurts to say that.

He would be a very good 4th option player in Cleveland. Hell he was a very good first option in the playoffs for the Heat his last year. Only thing that stopped him this year was the broken elbow that was supposed to be season ending. He couldn't find a rhythm after that but, averaged 21-5-6 on 50% the month before the injury. He was gearing up nicely for the playoffs beforehand.

AllBall
05-24-2017, 12:12 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-sp-miami-heat-chris-bosh-20170302-story.html

(hopefully that link works)

This is a special negotiation between Miami, NBA, NBPA and Bosh resulting in a 1-time use exemption taking place on the CBA effective July 1st. The Heat will not be liable for Bosh in any way moving forward even if he signed on with another team, which by the looks of what's being negotiated it doesn't even seem like that will be possible. So Bosh's NBA playing career is over, he's getting all the money owed to him (mostly payed by Insurance) and the Heat have an immediate cap space relief.

rhino17
05-24-2017, 12:15 PM
Would fit perfectly in Houston, but Basketball isn't worth dying for

WaDe03
05-24-2017, 12:41 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-sp-miami-heat-chris-bosh-20170302-story.html

This is a special negotiation between Miami, NBA, NBPA and Bosh resulting in a 1-time use exemption taking place on the CBA effective July 1st. The Heat will not be liable for Bosh in any way moving forward even if he signed on with another team, which by the looks of what's being negotiated it doesn't even seem like that will be possible. So Bosh's NBA playing career is over, he's getting all the money owed to him (mostly payed by Insurance) and the Heat have an immediate cap space relief.

Bosh will be free to sign with whoever he wants to sign with at whatever price they're willing to sign him for. If he wants to play and he's cleared he can play.

hugepatsfan
05-24-2017, 12:52 PM
MIA is in a pretty interesting spot this FA period. Spotrac had them at about $95.2M in active contracts before this which is about $5.8M of cap space. However, that includes $6.3M of non-guaranteed money to Wanye Ellington. It also includes a $3M player option that Waiters is sure to decline. Willie Reed I imagine opts out of his minimum deal as well - should at the very least land the room exception from a team like Boston or GS that will be looking for cheap center play. And now they're out of Bosh's deal.

All factored in they're probably going to have about $40M of cap space. I don't think Blake or Hayward are signing there. Wouldn't make sense to sign Lowry when you already have Dragic. I'll be real interested to see how they spend their cap. I would guess they probably try for 2-3 guys that are good pieces. And hope to land a major star down the road in FA. Don't see the major star happening for them now.

TheIlladelph16
05-24-2017, 01:46 PM

I would love to know the reasoning behind why this is being allowed for the Heat as a one-time use exemption. Unless there's a legitimately good reasoning behind it, I really don't like that being the case.

warfelg
05-24-2017, 01:47 PM
So a one off amnesty?

SfgiantsJD3
05-24-2017, 02:47 PM
I would love to know the reasoning behind why this is being allowed for the Heat as a one-time use exemption. Unless there's a legitimately good reasoning behind it, I really don't like that being the case.

To me it sounded like the CBA changes 7-01 this year and that they are being allowed to use the new rules as there is no way he gets 25 games in this year

Kyben36
05-24-2017, 02:51 PM

isnt the east already broken lol

Dade County
05-24-2017, 03:43 PM
MIA is in a pretty interesting spot this FA period. Spotrac had them at about $95.2M in active contracts before this which is about $5.8M of cap space. However, that includes $6.3M of non-guaranteed money to Wanye Ellington. It also includes a $3M player option that Waiters is sure to decline. Willie Reed I imagine opts out of his minimum deal as well - should at the very least land the room exception from a team like Boston or GS that will be looking for cheap center play. And now they're out of Bosh's deal.

All factored in they're probably going to have about $40M of cap space. I don't think Blake or Hayward are signing there. Wouldn't make sense to sign Lowry when you already have Dragic. I'll be real interested to see how they spend their cap. I would guess they probably try for 2-3 guys that are good pieces. And hope to land a major star down the road in FA. Don't see the major star happening for them now.

I see Pat targetting Blake & Gallinari...

I can also see them pulling off a trade.

FlashBolt
05-24-2017, 03:59 PM
I see Pat targetting Blake & Gallinari...

I can also see them pulling off a trade.

LMAO, RIP for you guys if you get Blake. This dude is gonna suck.

More-Than-Most
05-24-2017, 04:49 PM
So a one off amnesty?

yea its pretty unfair... i think this opens a can of worms down the line after this.

Big Zo
05-24-2017, 06:59 PM

I'm so glad you're not bandwagoning on my favorite team anymore. :)

Dade County
05-24-2017, 11:38 PM
LMAO, RIP for you guys if you get Blake. This dude is gonna suck.

Look at what Spo did for james Johnson...

Spo & the Miami staff would bring out Blake true potential; but I will admit that I am not a Blake griffin fan.

kobe4thewinbang
05-25-2017, 12:38 AM
After hearing of the special exemption, good for the Heat! I wonder how the Heat might've been with Durant, Whiteside and maybe Wade. Not sure if they could've done that, since Bosh was still on the books at the time. I always liked the Heat. Hopefully they can sign some big name to help out Whiteside. They'd definitely make the playoffs next year.

Bostonjorge
05-25-2017, 12:46 AM
If Bosh goes to GS he could be a starter at C and still get limited minutes.

FlashBolt
05-25-2017, 02:26 AM
At this point, if the guy really wants to play, it's his own choice. I think teams gotta have him sign a waiver or something. Whoever takes him up on it better hope nothing bad happens or else their franchise will be tainted for years. With that being said... Sam Presti, make it happen.

lol, please
05-25-2017, 02:48 AM
Come back to Toronto.

This lol.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-25-2017, 07:43 AM
So the Heat wont be big spenders this summer? Since Bosh has them over a barrel if he plays 25 games.

Big Zo
05-25-2017, 09:52 AM
So the Heat wont be big spenders this summer? Since Bosh has them over a barrel if he plays 25 games.

That's no longer an issue. They get full cap relief with this agreement.

AllBall
05-25-2017, 01:36 PM
:facepalm:

under the CBA that goes into place July 1, if a medical panel comes to an agreement that it is no longer considered safe for Bosh to continue his career, that would end the risk of Bosh's cap charge or luxury-tax hit returning to the Heat's book.

Meaning it is over for Bosh playing in the NBA. Done. Finish. Kaput.

This is what is expected to happen July 1. Hence all the negotiating beforehand.

Dade County
05-25-2017, 05:16 PM
I've stated this before.

I believe that Bosh will play again, maybe at the beginning reports will come out that; whatever team is going to take it slow and he will be on a minutes restriction. But near the all star break he will be playing normal starters minutes.

He will help whatever team he is on, and might win more rings. He will be an All Star player again.

WaDe03
05-26-2017, 10:57 AM
I've stated this before.

I believe that Bosh will play again, maybe at the beginning reports will come out that; whatever team is going to take it slow and he will be on a minutes restriction. But near the all star break he will be playing normal starters minutes.

He will help whatever team he is on, and might win more rings. He will be an All Star player again.

Don't forget your claim that the NBA gave him blood clots either. As long as he's been working out he should be good since the clots are fake anyways.

Dade County
05-26-2017, 01:10 PM
Don't forget your claim that the NBA gave him blood clots either. As long as he's been working out he should be good since the clots are fake anyways.

What!?

I never said the NBA gave him blood clots. LMAO

Bosh will be alright though, I think he signs with either, GS, Cav's, Spurs or the Bulls (if Wade opts in).

WaDe03
05-26-2017, 01:12 PM
What!?

I never said the NBA gave him blood clots. LMAO

Bosh will be alright though, I think he signs with either, GS, Cav's, Spurs or the Bulls (if Wade opts in).

You said last year you didn't think he really had blood clots and there was behind the scenes stuff going on in the NBA thatvwas keeping him out, especially in the playoffs.

GoferKing_
05-27-2017, 02:49 AM
He should retire, no need for him to die on the court.

Dade County
05-27-2017, 04:02 AM
You said last year you didn't think he really had blood clots and there was behind the scenes stuff going on in the NBA thatvwas keeping him out, especially in the playoffs.

Almost got it...

What you wrote in your last post, you said, I said, that the NBA gave him blood clots, that's totally different.

I do believe Bosh is ok & he will return, as if nothing is wrong with him.

Firefistus
05-27-2017, 08:16 AM
If Bosh goes to GS he could be a starter at C and still get limited minutes.

Bosh played with LeBron, I would suspect he would be in LeBron's court sooner than the Warriors. And if he does play again, any team would pick Bosh at vet minimum. It's just a matter of where Bosh wants to go, and that team will profit from a high money player at the lowest salary.

Tg11
05-27-2017, 12:24 PM
If Bosh really can play then teams that I can see him going to would obviously be Cleveland, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston or possibly even L.A. either Bosh going to the Clippers or to the Lakers I could see Bosh on the Lakers more than I could see him on the Clippers

Scoots
05-30-2017, 09:08 AM
The Heat should not get let off the hook for Bosh's money. It will be interesting when it stops being speculation and becomes fact.

warfelg
05-30-2017, 09:45 AM
The Heat should not get let off the hook for Bosh's money. It will be interesting when it stops being speculation and becomes fact.

Agreed 100%

Big Zo
05-30-2017, 10:11 AM

They're already on the hook with one payroll bandit that never plays in McBob. Two is just criminal, and unfair. Besides, Bosh is a special case where he's not technically "injured" but has what could be a life-threatening medical condition.

cmellofan15
05-30-2017, 10:29 AM
No the heat shouldn't be let off the hook for being idiots and throwing money around without thinking

Wade n Fade
05-30-2017, 10:54 AM
I hope nobody picks up Bosh so he can just retire. He already won multiple rings, put up all star #s, and represented the game w/ class. There is nothing left to prove. He is in the Hall of Fame conversation as well.

As to the Heat being "off the hook?" Insurance is covering most of the guaranteed $ owed to Bosh. The Heat shouldn't have cap space tied into his situation. They're still paying up for the then max deal offered to Bosh. Miami managed the situation better than most teams would too.

AllBall
05-30-2017, 10:56 AM

It's the Heat's insurance that's paying it, so what's the problem? Bosh is getting paid.

Big Zo
05-30-2017, 10:57 AM
No the heat shouldn't be let off the hook for being idiots and throwing money around without thinking

Because everybody thinks about a player having a life threatening medical condition...

Wade n Fade
05-30-2017, 11:01 AM
It's the Heat's insurance that's paying it, so what's the problem? Bosh is getting paid.

People are still sour from the Big Three era. Plus, some people will side with players rather than owners because "they gave them the contract, therefore they should pay up." Both agendas are pointless, especially since Bosh isn't being wronged. If he were wronged, it would be a more litigious situation.

TheIlladelph16
05-30-2017, 11:40 AM

Agreed 100%

Agreed. I'm still not sure why this is potentially being allowed. I can understand an argument if he legitimately is done and not playing this or any season, but that's not how I'm interpreting this. It seems like the Heat can just dump his contract completely regardless of whether he plays as some get out of jail free card.

JordansBulls
05-30-2017, 06:12 PM
Go to Chicago.

Scoots
05-30-2017, 11:56 PM
They're already on the hook with one payroll bandit that never plays in McBob. Two is just criminal, and unfair. Besides, Bosh is a special case where he's not technically "injured" but has what could be a life-threatening medical condition.

I understand all that, but all teams should have the same rules and those rules shouldn't change after the fact.

Dade County
05-31-2017, 12:22 AM
Bosh played with LeBron, I would suspect he would be in LeBron's court sooner than the Warriors. And if he does play again, any team would pick Bosh at vet minimum. It's just a matter of where Bosh wants to go, and that team will profit from a high money player at the lowest salary.

GS is too good of a fit he can eventually start there.

Why would he want to go to the Cavs to play behind Thompson and love.

What's going to be really interesting is when Bosh doesn't have to miss any games, and is playing like an All-Star.

This situation could have gotten nasty so it's best that League is letting Miami & Bosh go their separate ways.

AllBall
05-31-2017, 01:05 AM
I understand all that, but all teams should have the same rules and those rules shouldn't change after the fact.

No, I don't think you, like most of the posters in this thread, understand anything at all about what this section of the new CBA come July 1st really means. This is only happening IF all parties involved agree that Bosh's playing career is COMPLETELY over in the NBA. There's is nothing in there that would include a a path for a return and resumption of his NBA playing career. It's akin to a permanent ban from NBA play. Which is why if this goes through it will be a 0% chance Bosh will sign with another NBA team.

Unfortunately, I expect the misinformed speculation to continue.

IF they don't come to this agreement, then Bosh will be kept on the injury report as OUT, just as the entire past season, for the remaining 2 years of his contract which is up in 2019.

BKLYNpigeon
05-31-2017, 01:31 AM
Bosh is not playing anymore. He did say he would retire in his early 30's since he has other aspirations in life. He's 2 years removed form the game. Hard for players to come back and be productive after.

I don't think any team wants to take the responsibly of risking a players life.

Scoots
05-31-2017, 08:01 AM
No, I don't think you, like most of the posters in this thread, understand anything at all about what this section of the new CBA come July 1st really means. This is only happening IF all parties involved agree that Bosh's playing career is COMPLETELY over in the NBA. There's is nothing in there that would include a a path for a return and resumption of his NBA playing career. It's akin to a permanent ban from NBA play. Which is why if this goes through it will be a 0% chance Bosh will sign with another NBA team.

Unfortunately, I expect the misinformed speculation to continue.

IF they don't come to this agreement, then Bosh will be kept on the injury report as OUT, just as the entire past season, for the remaining 2 years of his contract which is up in 2019.

I understand that. I don't like Bosh being forced out against his will over money ... if Bosh can get a team to let him play he should get to do it. A man should be able to choose to risk his life if he wants, and the Heat manipulating that bothers me. It's not just about the money.

da ThRONe
05-31-2017, 08:56 AM
Bosh is not playing anymore. He did say he would retire in his early 30's since he has other aspirations in life. He's 2 years removed form the game. Hard for players to come back and be productive after.

I don't think any team wants to take the responsibly of risking a players life.

Didn't Jordan retire around this same age and come back? I'd argue this time off will have Bosh fresh and I'm certain if he wants to play again he's been training all the time. If Chris wants to come back I have to believe he thinks the risk are minimal. Just because the Heat were better off just washing their hands doesn't mean whatever plan Chris' team has in place isn't a safe plan.

Wade n Fade
05-31-2017, 10:00 AM
I understand that. I don't like Bosh being forced out against his will over money ... if Bosh can get a team to let him play he should get to do it. A man should be able to choose to risk his life if he wants, and the Heat manipulating that bothers me. It's not just about the money.

It won't end that way. Just because there is an opportunity for Bosh to be held out doesn't mean an agreement won't occur. Bosh's time in Miami is over.

AllBall
05-31-2017, 10:08 AM

He is getting his money. Again, it's not a forceout. It has to be agreed by all parties involved (NBA, NBPA, Bosh and Doctors) otherwise the situation will continue as it has for the past 3 seasons for Bosh. The NBA is not an extreme sport, like Motocross or Formula1 or the X-Games where there is a considerable life risk that's involved, expected and understood. The risk level for Bosh dieing on the court is too high and something the NBA is trying to prevent.

BKLYNpigeon
05-31-2017, 10:39 AM
Didn't Jordan retire around this same age and come back? I'd argue this time off will have Bosh fresh and I'm certain if he wants to play again he's been training all the time. If Chris wants to come back I have to believe he thinks the risk are minimal. Just because the Heat were better off just washing their hands doesn't mean whatever plan Chris' team has in place isn't a safe plan.

Blood clots are serious, you could possibly die without notice. If Bosh were to come back, he couldn't play back to backs or be on long flights while on medication. If bosh was on blood thinners and took a blow to the head he could bleed uncontrollably to death. he would have to wait a day or two so it can dissapate from your body until you could play.

Too many risk factors to play 50 games a year. For minimum contract. He has nothing left to prove.

da ThRONe
05-31-2017, 10:49 AM
Blood clots are serious, you could possibly die without notice. If Bosh were to come back, he couldn't play back to backs or be on long flights while on medication. If bosh was on blood thinners and took a blow to the head he could bleed uncontrollably to death. he would have to wait a day or two so it can dissapate from your body until you could play.

Too many risk factors to play 50 games a year. For minimum contract. He has nothing left to prove.

Again I defer to the person who's body it is. It's not like Bosh isn't a mindful guy or doesn't have other interest. So if he's fighting this hard to get back I have to assume he's ok with what his doctors are telling him. If indeed he does have to miss a ton of games than his career more then likely over. However Bosh seemed very confident in his ability to continue his career. Until all the other teams decline him I'll give Chris the benefit of the doubt. The Heat had no incentive to work with Bosh to get him back in a Heat uni.

Scoots
05-31-2017, 11:10 AM
He is getting his money. Again, it's not a forceout. It has to be agreed by all parties involved (NBA, NBPA, Bosh and Doctors) otherwise the situation will continue as it has for the past 3 seasons for Bosh. The NBA is not an extreme sport, like Motocross or Formula1 or the X-Games where there is a considerable life risk that's involved, expected and understood. The risk level for Bosh dieing on the court is too high and something the NBA is trying to prevent.

Deaths in Formula1 since 1980? 10. Deaths of NBA players since 1980? 12 (drugs are bad kids).

Seriously though, how do you know Bosh has to agree to end his career?

Blitzbolt
05-31-2017, 11:37 AM
I rly don't want him to play again.

Plz Bosh think of your family !!

AllBall
05-31-2017, 12:54 PM
Deaths in Formula1 since 1980? 10. Deaths of NBA players since 1980? 12 (drugs are bad kids).

Seriously though, how do you know Bosh has to agree to end his career?

Who dropped dead on an NBA court on live TV?

That's what's being reported.

JordansBulls
05-31-2017, 07:16 PM
Bulls crushed Cavs this last season, imagine had we played them in the playoffs we would have beaten them. Now give us Bosh and it is a wrap.

WaDe03
05-31-2017, 07:21 PM
I mean if there was something saying Bosh could never play again wouldn't literally every big name broadcaster know this?

AllBall
06-01-2017, 12:01 AM
I mean if there was something saying Bosh could never play again wouldn't literally every big name broadcaster know this?

Just wait until eve of July 1st once Finals and Draft are done and over with. Too distracted right now.

FlashBolt
06-01-2017, 12:13 AM
Bosh can still stop 18/10 every night. You can bet teams are interested regardless of health concerns. He's made enough money and has two rings. If he's doing this, the guy just loves basketball.

Scoots
06-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Bosh can still stop 18/10 every night. You can bet teams are interested regardless of health concerns. He's made enough money and has two rings. If he's doing this, the guy just loves basketball.

Or he just wants to go out on his terms.

SfgiantsJD3
06-01-2017, 01:16 PM

If he is on blood thinners the danger is bleeding out internally from a hard hit, not clots, you don't clot when on thinners, its the opposite, your blood doesn't coagulate and you bleed easier and longer. I have been on thinners for decades, they first told me to avoid trauma and lots of sports were not recommended. Something that might bruise a normal player could bleed internally, a blow to the head instead of a concussion could be a brain bleed.

This isn't a little bit of risk, its high risk compared to a normal athlete.
A superficial cut may take 5-7 minutes to stop bleeding during a game. If his diet isn't consistent it can affect in INR and alter the blood chemistry and dosage. Going off medication for a day won't reduce clotting time, they usually want you off for 2-4 weeks for surgery or even skin cancer stitches.