PDA

View Full Version : GSW/Cavs: what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

SanPitte
05-21-2017, 04:52 PM
Seems the Warriors and Cavs will meet for a 3rd straight time in the Finals, and might be both undefeated reaching them.
If you add their cheap shots at each other to that, can we say it is the greatest rivalry ever?

Raps18-19 Champ
05-21-2017, 05:13 PM
Nah. Especially since it'll be so lopsided when it's all said and done.

You have eto think they meet in the finals for another 2-3 more times. And it'll probably end up being like 4-1 Warriors.

Bostonjorge
05-21-2017, 05:14 PM
You get Durant dunking on James

COOLbeans
05-21-2017, 05:23 PM
This is a pretty even matchup. I am looking forward to a good series finally. Warriors in 6

Quinnsanity
05-21-2017, 05:30 PM
The Warriors are an unstoppable force (No. 1 offense) and an immovable object (No. 2 defense). That's the difference. Cleveland's defense can't keep up.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-21-2017, 05:32 PM
This is a pretty even matchup. I am looking forward to a good series finally. Warriors in 6

You're not fooling anyone.

It took a miracle for the Cavs to win last time. You add Durant and you suddenly call it even?

LOb0
05-21-2017, 05:37 PM
I'm afaid I have some bad news. The Cavs are gonna get destroyed this year. And I picked them to win last year. This team is beating on weak East teams. Their defense is still very questionable.

SanPitte
05-21-2017, 05:40 PM
Nah. Especially since it'll be so lopsided when it's all said and done.

I'm not saying the Cavs will win or anything, but people said the Raptors would give them problems- and it was a sweep...people said the Celtics would be much tougher especially with HCA - and the cavs won both games at Boston, with a blowout for game 2...

now the Warriors are much better than the Raptors and Celtics, but all i'm saying is that people tend to sleep on the Cavs and Lebron.

LOb0
05-21-2017, 05:41 PM
I'm not saying the Cavs will win or anything, but people said the Raptors would give them problems- and it was a sweep...people said the Celtics would be much tougher especially with HCA - and the cavs won both games at Boston, with a blowout for game 2...

now the Warriors are much better than the Raptors and Celtics, but all i'm saying is that people tend to sleep on the Cavs and Lebron.

Lowry going down killed them. He was never the same. Not that they'd of beat them anyway.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-21-2017, 05:44 PM

It can be a close series but that doesn't mean the results will be even.

Lebron needed the best 3 game stretch in NBA history to beat the Warriors last year.

LOb0
05-21-2017, 05:45 PM
It can be a close series but that doesn't mean the results will be even.

Lebron needed the best 3 game stretch in NBA history to beat the Warriors last year.

And Bogut going down, and Curry to choke, and Draymond to get suspended.

SanPitte
05-21-2017, 05:48 PM
again, this thread was not about who would win (Warriors will win IMO, but not as easily as people think), but if we could call this rivalry one of the greatest ever.
Both teams (maybe) undefeated coming into the finals, both team being so much better than everybody else (on paper and on the court), 3rd straight finals, cheap shots...i think/hope we'll have great finals and we should all be enjoying this

mike_noodles
05-21-2017, 05:56 PM
I'm taking the Cavs. LeBron is on a mission.

lol, please
05-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Seems the Warriors and Cavs will meet for a 3rd straight time in the Finals, and might be both undefeated reaching them.
If you add their cheap shots at each other to that, can we say it is the greatest rivalry ever?
Hell no. The media wants to make it a "rivalry"

Warriors true rivals are the Rockets and Lakers.

The Boston/Lakers rivalry is the biggest in the NBA.

The fact that if Lebron left Cleveland tomorrow no one would care about a Cavs/Warriors game is all the evidence you need that it isn't a rivalry - rivalries between franchises outlive players.

IKnowHoops
05-21-2017, 06:15 PM
Lebron has reached a new level. He is now the GOAT. That is why Cleveland will win.

europagnpilgrim
05-21-2017, 06:16 PM
Is Golden state playing themselves? I mean they are the combination of best team offense/defense in the league pretty much

Warriors of right now are probably going to beat the Cavs in 5 because they have too much firepower, even if Lebron continues his 42mpg and dominance, he cant beat a supreme team by himself, this is not the 07' Pistons or the 12' Celtics, entire diff. ball club he is dealing with, this isn't even the team he came back from last Finals

a true big 4 will beat a big 2, I am not counting Love until he shows me he is worthy of mentioning against this Dubs squad

SanPitte
05-21-2017, 06:33 PM
Hell no. The media wants to make it a "rivalry"

Warriors true rivals are the Rockets and Lakers.

The Boston/Lakers rivalry is the biggest in the NBA.

The fact that if Lebron left Cleveland tomorrow no one would care about a Cavs/Warriors game is all the evidence you need that it isn't a rivalry - rivalries between franchises outlive players.

I agree, but the rival teams also have to be good. For example, the Lakers/Celtics rivalry kinda died when the Celtics sucked during the late 90s/early 2000s, came back when Kobe/Pau's Lakers faced Garnett/Pierce's Celtics in those 2 finals, and died again when the Lakers started to suck.

I also think this Warriors/Cavs is a rivalry, short lived (for now) and based on the fact that they face each other in the finals 3 years in a row, but it's a rivalry nonetheless...who might last, who knows? rivalries have to start somewhere don't they?