PDA

View Full Version : Isaiah Thomas out for remander of playoffs, worst playoffs ever continues.

LOb0
05-20-2017, 06:04 PM
horrible playoffs. Kawhi out too. Skipping the rest of both series.

hugepatsfan
05-20-2017, 06:12 PM
Supposedly hurt it in game 6 vs WAS. Obviously the jokes are gonna come that he tapped out but I don't think he's that type of guy. He's been fun to watch and amazing job fighting through personal tragedy.

More-Than-Most
05-20-2017, 06:12 PM
now the celtics have a chance.

goingfor28
05-20-2017, 06:16 PM
Who cares? Not like it'll make a difference. He's been awful the first 2 games just like every other Celtic not named Jaylen Brown.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NYKnickFanatic
05-20-2017, 06:21 PM
He was a non factor anyway.

K1ngOfNY
05-20-2017, 06:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0t90TpO.png

lol, please
05-20-2017, 06:49 PM

:laugh2:

touche

WaDe03
05-20-2017, 07:12 PM
We need a huge shakeup next year. These playoffs have been terrible.

Wade to Cleveland

2 stars to the Celtics

Griffin to the Wizards

George Hill or Paul to the Spurs

Melo traded to the clippers if Paul is still there

The teams near the top need to get creative

Raps18-19 Champ
05-20-2017, 07:19 PM
Yea this sucks. Blake, Kawhi, Lowry, Rondo, KD are all legit players who missed games due to injury.

I'm probably missing a ton of other players too.

lol, please
05-20-2017, 07:23 PM

Wade to Cleveland

2 stars to the Celtics

Griffin to the Wizards

Why not Paul, Melo, and Wade to the Heat?

:nod:

WaDe03
05-20-2017, 07:26 PM
Why not Paul, Melo, and Wade to the Heat?

:nod:

I wouldn't be mad at it although I'm not sure they can get past LeBron and I'd rather watch Wade in the finals. I guess you never know though.

Dade County
05-20-2017, 11:31 PM

Wade to Cleveland

2 stars to the Celtics

Griffin to the Wizards

Bulls:
Cp3, Fultz, Wade, Melo, Bosh

Bulls either trade for Bosh or hope Bosh signs there after Miami releases him (I think Bosh would sign with GS or Cav's, honestly)... Bulls trade whatever for Melo... This sets up Lbj signing with the Bulls the year after, (maybe going after Jordan legacy at that point).

Trust me I don't really believe that Boston would trade the number 1 pick for Butler.

Boston:
IT, Butler, Hayward, stretch 4, Drummond

This years 1st and fillers for Butler... Next years nets 1st rd pick, Horford & fillers for Drummond. They need a big man. Hayward signs with them in free agency.

HEAT:
Taylor Johnson, Waiters, PG, Griffin, Whiteside

PG lets Pacers know that he will not be signing back with them. PG agent links out that PG will be going into free agency, so if you decide to trade for him, it's at your own risk.

Pat takes the gamble and offers, HEAT 1st rd pick this season (number 14), Dragic (but he gets shipped off to another team, Pacers get another 1st rd pick), Winslow & McRob.

This helps Pat get a meeting with Blake... Blake looking for a new change of scenery gets sold on the HEAT culture & the fact that Miami finishing the season 30-11. He has a center in Whiteside that can actually hit a jumper from time to time and be able to cover Blake on the defensive end.

It will be Spo job at that point to make sure PG numbers go up, so he can make an All NBA team to get that option for the super MAX.

Spurs:
Make some trades to free up cap, so they can go after Gallinari & George Hill.

Hill, Green, Kawhi, Gallinari, LMA

One of those free agents will have to take less of course.

steelcityroller
05-21-2017, 02:02 AM
Interesting stat I read today.

From 1991 through 2016 every NBA Finals except for 2006 has included one of the following : Hakeem, Jordan, Kobe, Duncan or Lebron

More-Than-Most
05-21-2017, 02:46 AM
anyone wanna bet the final games the celtics play much much much better? next game the game will be close until the 4th... DEFENSEDEFENSEDEFENSE... Watch how good the celtics defense is now.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-21-2017, 05:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/0t90TpO.png

I'd bang her.

FOXHOUND
05-21-2017, 07:58 AM
Interesting stat I read today.

From 1991 through 2016 every NBA Finals except for 2006 has included one of the following : Hakeem, Jordan, Kobe, Duncan or Lebron

For 2006, you can add Shaq and Wade. Shaq played in 6 Finals in that time frame, won 4. Wade played in 5, won 3. They're more legit than Hakeem, in that sense. They belong there.

WaDe03
05-21-2017, 10:30 AM
I'd bang her.

But would she bang you?

Sly Guy
05-21-2017, 11:14 AM
Truly the worst, most uneventful playoffs I've ever seen. Again, I say, superteams suck for the league.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-21-2017, 11:20 AM
Yep.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-21-2017, 11:20 AM
Truly the worst, most uneventful playoffs I've ever seen. Again, I say, superteams suck for the league.

Agreed.

KingPosey
05-21-2017, 11:56 AM
The spurs missing KL and Parker really ruined the west. **** even Lee getting hurt sucked because they just realized the 5 minutes prior he could **** all over green in the post. He was dominating him because Greens not really capable of guarding traditional bigs with real post game even though everyone pretends he can.

I also don't remember Aldridge being the worst player on the floor at all times in Portland. Where's his game? He has no hands, no side to side movement, flat feet. And no matter who's guarding him they push him out until he fades away from 20 feet. He's brutal to watch now

tredigs
05-21-2017, 11:57 AM
lol i have never seen a team so lucky.. its destiny...

Well put MTM.

The death march to what could be the most epic Finals in history continues.

More-Than-Most
05-21-2017, 12:19 PM
Well put MTM.

lol this isnt luck... if this happened game 1 the celtics push this bad boy to 7... this just hurts the cavs chances of sweeping.

tredigs
05-21-2017, 12:21 PM
The spurs missing KL and Parker really ruined the west. **** even Lee getting hurt sucked because they just realized the 5 minutes prior he could **** all over green in the post. He was dominating him because Greens not really capable of guarding traditional bigs with real post game even though everyone pretends he can.

I also don't remember Aldridge being the worst player on the floor at all times in Portland. Where's his game? He has no hands, no side to side movement, flat feet. And no matter who's guarding him they push him out until he fades away from 20 feet. He's brutal to watch now

Green has the best rim protection #'s in the NBA and is fantastic at guarding "bigs" (stretch to even call Lee that). Lee has some good post moves that can throw anyone off guard for a couple plays, but he definitely was not on course for 25 point nights lol. It's a cute thought though.

Pfeifer
05-21-2017, 12:33 PM
These playoffs have been rough. Even though they would ave lost, would have been nice to see a healthy Thomas nd Lowry alternatively. I dont feel so bad about the Raps getting crushed now though.

Vinylman
05-21-2017, 02:23 PM
Well put MTM.

ummm.... no

tredigs
05-21-2017, 02:35 PM
ummm.... no

It's certainly shaping up that way. 'Bron playing the best ball of his career on a stacked team that is just obliterating everyone in their path? The Warriors also healthy and crushing. First ever rubber match for the Finals. I mean, yeah, pretty much the definition of everything we could want for this season's Finals.

Vinylman
05-21-2017, 02:45 PM
It's certainly shaping up that way. 'Bron playing the best ball of his career on a stacked team that is just obliterating everyone in their path? The Warriors also healthy and crushing. First ever rubber match for the Finals. I mean, yeah, pretty much the definition of everything we could want for this season's Finals.

weakest playoffs ever...

the finals will never live up to the hype... unless of course we see another unprecedented collapse from the Warriors

tredigs
05-21-2017, 04:54 PM
weakest playoffs ever...

the finals will never live up to the hype... unless of course we see another unprecedented collapse from the Warriors

What do you think happens? I'm seeing a lot of Team Cavs lately. Hell IKH thinks they sweep. Playoffs have sucked so far though, agreed. But the Juggernauts can't take blame for every other team folding.

IKnowHoops
05-21-2017, 05:47 PM
lol this isnt luck... if this happened game 1 the celtics push this bad boy to 7... this just hurts the cavs chances of sweeping.

Haha MTM and your ways. No chanc celtics push Cavs to 7 without bringing back Prime Bird and Mcchale.

IKnowHoops
05-21-2017, 05:51 PM
What do you think happens? I'm seeing a lot of Team Cavs lately. Hell IKH thinks they sweep. Playoffs have sucked so far though, agreed. But the Juggernauts can't take blame for every other team folding.

I don't think they sweep, but I do think it's possible. Vinyl is just upset because for him, the NBA sucks. His team is trash.

tredigs
05-21-2017, 05:53 PM
I don't think they sweep, but I do think it's possible. Vinyl is just upset because for him, the NBA sucks. His team is trash.

Barring injury there is no world where the Cavs sweep the Warriors, but it's fun that you're putting it out there haha.

IKnowHoops
05-21-2017, 05:58 PM

100%. Yeah the playoffs sucked, but in order to have the most epic finals matchup, you need two dominant teams that look enbeatable. I understand Cavs and Warrior fans get all the excitement. But there are also tons of Durant, Bron, Kylie, and Curry fans to enjoy this matchup too.

At the end of the day, Boston and LA have about 30 years of this type of dominance between them. 5 years of Cavs vs Warriors is fine.

IKnowHoops
05-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Barring injury there is no world where the Cavs sweep the Warriors, but it's fun that you're putting it out there haha.

I agree...real fun.

tredigs
05-21-2017, 06:29 PM
I agree...real fun.

They do look like a team could win it all right now, I'll give ya that. They'd be a favorite against a ton of Finals teams.

Heediot
05-21-2017, 09:02 PM
anyone wanna bet the final games the celtics play much much much better? next game the game will be close until the 4th... DEFENSEDEFENSEDEFENSE... Watch how good the celtics defense is now.

Defense has looked just as ****. It's only the end of the 1st but we'll see how the final tally looks like.

lakerfan85
05-21-2017, 09:55 PM

You're delusional..

Sly Guy
05-21-2017, 10:16 PM

even in portland, I always thought he was overrated. He loved those fadeaways back then too. It's nothing new.

More-Than-Most
05-21-2017, 10:21 PM

Defense has looked just as ****. It's only the end of the 1st but we'll see how the final tally looks like.

sorry but you are wrong... its 5 on 5 and the cavs perimeter defense is better and not 5 v 4 on defense... IT wont win anyone a championship.

More-Than-Most
05-21-2017, 10:23 PM

You're delusional..

4 point game... LIKE I SAID... But yes delusional... celtics defense is amazing WHEN THEY ARENT HANDICAPPED BY THE WORST DEFENDER IN BASKETBALL... Yes the cavs are scoring but its hard fought points and not easy baskets.

lakerfan85
05-21-2017, 10:45 PM
4 point game... LIKE I SAID... But yes delusional... celtics defense is amazing WHEN THEY ARENT HANDICAPPED BY THE WORST DEFENDER IN BASKETBALL... Yes the cavs are scoring but its hard fought points and not easy baskets.

There's no way Boston would take them to 7 games..

More-Than-Most
05-21-2017, 11:05 PM
:bow:

keep thinking I am delusional... IT is a regular season guy... you can win a ton of games when you are playing bad teams often or mediocre teams often... the playoffs is a different monster... If they have butler instead of IT this team and their defense is insane.

lakerfan85
05-21-2017, 11:09 PM
Boston doesn't win another game this series.. Cavs got up big and started coasting and it cost them.. It won't happen again..

cmellofan15
05-22-2017, 10:52 AM
MTM was right yall--bow down

tredigs
05-22-2017, 10:59 AM
MTM was right yall--bow down

To be fair, I am not sure Lebron's epic choke job had anything to do with IT. Yes their D is overall a better product without him (still not very good), but that clearly went beyond defense.

Good call regardless though MTM, and I tend to agree with that take.

lakerfan85
05-23-2017, 11:07 PM
3-1..

JordansBulls
05-23-2017, 11:51 PM
Yea this sucks. Blake, Kawhi, Lowry, Rondo, KD are all legit players who missed games due to injury.

I'm probably missing a ton of other players too.

Rondo is the biggest because Bulls would have beaten the Cavs.

cmellofan15
05-24-2017, 03:42 AM
Rondo is the biggest because Bulls would have beaten the Cavs.

Dude, for sure

More-Than-Most
05-24-2017, 05:04 AM
To be fair, I am not sure Lebron's epic choke job had anything to do with IT. Yes their D is overall a better product without him (still not very good), but that clearly went beyond defense.

Good call regardless though MTM, and I tend to agree with that take.

And its honestly not even about just his defense either... He is a great offensive talent and if basketball were golf solo play would be amazing... Celtics fans think their offense is IT and everyone else is trash much like the sixers use to think with iverson.... If IT took about 5 less shots a game or so and looked to get others involved instead of just putting up 30 points the team as a whole would be better... I am not gonna kill the guy because putting up 30ppg and shooting damn near 50 percent is amazing but it gives no chance for the cogs around him to get comfortable or hot on offense thus they look much worse than they are... NO IT and the ball movement is just better and guys are offensively better because they arent just sitting around watching IT shoot... If IT was even a medicore defender I could live with his style of play but how bad he is on defense and how the offense goes through him and stops the team progression equates to a worse celtics team against good competition...

I wanted iverson traded for years... Love the dude but you cant win with that style of play and he was a much better defender than IT.... IT busts his *** and I wont look down on him for that but size matters and he will kill this team against good teams in the playoffs every year.... If I am the celtics I trade IT while his stock is the highest it will ever be and just sign a CP3/Holiday whos 2 way play instantly makes this celtics team legit without even mentioning what they get back for IT which could be a ton.

hugepatsfan
05-24-2017, 08:43 AM
And its honestly not even about just his defense either... He is a great offensive talent and if basketball were golf solo play would be amazing... Celtics fans think their offense is IT and everyone else is trash much like the sixers use to think with iverson.... If IT took about 5 less shots a game or so and looked to get others involved instead of just putting up 30 points the team as a whole would be better... I am not gonna kill the guy because putting up 30ppg and shooting damn near 50 percent is amazing but it gives no chance for the cogs around him to get comfortable or hot on offense thus they look much worse than they are... NO IT and the ball movement is just better and guys are offensively better because they arent just sitting around watching IT shoot... If IT was even a medicore defender I could live with his style of play but how bad he is on defense and how the offense goes through him and stops the team progression equates to a worse celtics team against good competition...

I wanted iverson traded for years... Love the dude but you cant win with that style of play and he was a much better defender than IT.... IT busts his *** and I wont look down on him for that but size matters and he will kill this team against good teams in the playoffs every year.... If I am the celtics I trade IT while his stock is the highest it will ever be and just sign a CP3/Holiday whos 2 way play instantly makes this celtics team legit without even mentioning what they get back for IT which could be a ton.

The offense shouldn't be like that with him on the court. He's a great off ball offensive player when used that way. The best example was games 3 and 4 of the series we had against ATL last year. We were getting killed games 1 and 2. So the adjustment was to play Evan Turner with IT and let IT be an off ball player to free him up. There is a tendency to sit and watch IT when he's out there but that 100% doesn't need to be. It's on IT himself, the other players out there with him, and Stevens calling the plays to demand it - there is no reason this ball movement shouldn't continue even when IT is back next year. I don't care if we get IT back, sign Hayward and trade for Jimmy Butler/Paul George. Ball movement shouldn't stop because you have guy who can go one on one.

Now, while the offensive issues to me are something that should be corrected, the defensive issues are something else. He just can't defend first units consistently. I feel like the inevitable solution is that he has to come off the bench. He's such an offensive force that he can still play his 30ish minutes/game but you need to line it up so he's defending bench players that you can better hide him against. The alternative would be that he does get to go against bench defenders as well. So the idea would be that you highlight his strengths (going against theoretically worse team defenses as well as playing with a group that needs his scoring more) and minimizes his weaknesses (should have to defend worse offensive players).

Vinylman
05-24-2017, 12:49 PM

If I had to bet... Warriors in 7 if both teams are at full strength...

I don't think the games will be very good though... probable 6 of the 7 games will be double digit wins for one or the other.

lakerfan85
05-25-2017, 10:56 PM
Yo!! The Celtics are better without I.T. Yo!!

More-Than-Most
05-25-2017, 11:15 PM
Yo!! The Celtics are better without I.T. Yo!!

ask cavs coach YO... But YO... They had nothing tonight because they were down 3-1 and knew it was over.... they win last game and tonight they play it close. It would have been over in 4 with 4 blowouts because IT is bad and the cavs attacked.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-25-2017, 11:42 PM
Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 2h2 hours ago
More
Celts gave up 140 points in their last 2 halves - Isaiah is killing them on D they need to trade him.

lakerfan85
05-25-2017, 11:43 PM
ask cavs coach YO... But YO... They had nothing tonight because they were down 3-1 and knew it was over.... they win last game and tonight they play it close. It would have been over in 4 with 4 blowouts because IT is bad and the cavs attacked.

It didn't matter if they had IT or not.. They were never winning this series nor would they have taken it to 7 games..

lakerfan85
05-25-2017, 11:44 PM
Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 2h2 hours ago
More
Celts gave up 140 points in their last 2 halves - Isaiah is killing them on D they need to trade him.

Lol!!

More-Than-Most
05-26-2017, 12:53 AM
It didn't matter if they had IT or not.. They were never winning this series nor would they have taken it to 7 games..

won without him and 2 out of the 3 games looked way better... now wait until he gets the max and watch the LAWLS.... even boston fans have come to the trade him side... its called logic... they got rekt in this game like everyone including myself both said and expected... down 3-1 after losing the last game late... yea it was done... tonight was over before it started... give me the 2 games before where ya know they matched the best player in the world toe to toe because of their defense and ball movement.

More-Than-Most
05-26-2017, 12:57 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/tyronn-lue-says-isaiah-thomas-less-celtics-harder-to-plan-for-than-the-warriors-052417

Lue told reporters Wednesday that since the Celtics lost All-Star point guard Isaiah Thomas to a season-ending hip injury in Game 2, Boston has become almost impossible to scheme against.

“The stuff they’re running, it’s harder to defend than Golden State’s (offense) for me, as far as the actions and all the running around and all the guys who are making all the plays, so it’s a totally different thing,” Lue said, via Cleveland.com. “Like, they hit the post; Golden State runs splits and all that stuff but these guys are running all kinds of (stuff). And Brad (Stevens)’s got them moving and cutting and playing with pace and everybody is a threat.”

The Celtics definitely have been more competitive since Thomas’ injury, winning Game 3 and keeping it close for the majority of Game 4. Cleveland can close out the series Thursday, but Lue said he’s not looking past the Celtics despite having a 3-1 cushion.

“You can’t,” Lue said. “As much as you want to, it’s not over. Like I told you guys before, it’s like we’re preparing for a whole new team. Like, we didn’t know what they were going to run. Isaiah goes down and they’re running a totally different offense than we prepared for os, it’s been tough on us. And defensively, they’re a lot better. They don’t have a lot of weak links to go to, to go at.”

he is throwing bombs :laugh: