PDA

View Full Version : NBA Draft Lottery is Rigged!

Rivera
05-19-2017, 10:08 AM
My favorite thing to read are the conspiracy theories after the Lottery results are in. They are entertaining as heck from when the Cavs got it 3 straight times, to New Orleans getting the #1 pick after getting new ownership

What are some of your favorite or most creative NBA Draft Lottery conspiracies for this year?

(FYI This shouldnt be a serious thread just want to have some fun)

Rivera
05-19-2017, 10:17 AM
Ill start:

The NBA wants to show the rest of the league the right way to rebuild by not Tanking so they reward Boston with the #1 pick

The NBA doesnt want to award the 76ers for there blatant tanking over the years and want LA back as a premier franchise.

The Suns blatantly tanked and was left out of the top 3

Kyben36
05-19-2017, 10:51 AM
League wants the celtics and lakers rivalry to start again, league also wants to help rebuild the kings so they moved the kings up (which yes the 76ers get the pick) but moved them up like 3 spots still.

IndyRealist
05-19-2017, 02:06 PM
The one I've heard elsewhere is that the NBA rigged the all-NBA teams so Gordon Hayward and Paul George couldn't get super max deals, and will thus leave their small market teams for big markets increasing the NBA's revenue.

WaDe03
05-19-2017, 02:11 PM
The one I've heard elsewhere is that the NBA rigged the all-NBA teams so Gordon Hayward and Paul George couldn't get super max deals, and will thus leave their small market teams for big markets increasing the NBA's revenue.

I don't think either deserved it over any of the other forwards that made it though.

FlashBolt
05-19-2017, 02:16 PM
So why aren't the Knicks getting any top picks? They're one of the biggest markets out there - if not the biggest. I'm sure a Lonzo in the Knicks would've been amazing, right? These conspiracy theories are boring. Unless you have tangible evidence of collusion, you're just overthinking everything. If Boston don't get it, it's a conspiracy. If Lakers don't get it, it's also a conspiracy. Accountants are hired just to check the overall process and numerous parties in the NBA ranging from management and personnel of every team are there. If there was collusion involved, then you're looking at the biggest cover-up in sports history. One that would cripple the NBA. Yeah, they'll risk that to draft Markelle Fultz.. Be real.

europagnpilgrim
05-19-2017, 03:00 PM
So why aren't the Knicks getting any top picks? They're one of the biggest markets out there - if not the biggest. I'm sure a Lonzo in the Knicks would've been amazing, right? These conspiracy theories are boring. Unless you have tangible evidence of collusion, you're just overthinking everything. If Boston don't get it, it's a conspiracy. If Lakers don't get it, it's also a conspiracy. Accountants are hired just to check the overall process and numerous parties in the NBA ranging from management and personnel of every team are there. If there was collusion involved, then you're looking at the biggest cover-up in sports history. One that would cripple the NBA. Yeah, they'll risk that to draft Markelle Fultz.. Be real.

I have explained this in other threads, its because The Mecca $$$ machine is set either way, they dominate the headlines with ****** or whatever headline you can think of which is good for the nba and keeps them in the spotlight,they are the financial king market(media also) of the world on this side(western), the reason why they are stuck is because of over spending like a super money king in the I Thomas era and then yrs later gutting the team for a player that would have hit the market for their taking in Melo, now you got Phil doing what he does and Dolan dominating the headlines for all the wrong reasons which leads to more headlines and attention to the league, they are also infamous for the Ewing draft where Stern picked the corner slit envelope

a team who spends big and blows draft picks like they have done in the past don't deserve a top level pick, Cuban is now learning this same lesson but his Mavs aren't comparable to NY as far as moving the needle

Knicks are the only team I can recall to dominate headlines for not winning games/titles, even the Bengals who players seem to stay in trouble don't do it like that, even the Jailblazers didn't dominate the headlines like the Knicks, and now the latest being Porz who seems to want out or a major change over from the dysfunction he called his current team, the Knicks

NY is like the bad guy with no manners of the organization so nobody wants them to succeed, Dolan has a horrible rep with his former players and even die hard fans want him gone while Spurs and others have great post career relationships with their own, that pretty much sums it up

Hawkeye15
05-19-2017, 04:25 PM
it is!!??!

Rivera
05-19-2017, 04:29 PM

this wasnt meant to be a serious thread i was hoping people had funny conspiracies. But i guess its funnier when people think it is rigged and they really feel it instead of getting creative :sigh:

Vee-Rex
05-19-2017, 04:48 PM
My favorite thing to read are the conspiracy theories after the Lottery results are in. They are entertaining as heck from when the Cavs got it 3 straight times, to New Orleans getting the #1 pick after getting new ownership

What are some of your favorite or most creative NBA Draft Lottery conspiracies for this year?

(FYI This shouldnt be a serious thread just want to have some fun)

Well, the Cavs never got the #1 overall 3 times in a row (2011, 2013, 2014). I'd trade any of those #1 overalls for the 2012 #1 overall.

But yes, it's pretty annoying when you hear people spout off about conspiracies while being completely ignorant of the subject. The Cavs won the #1 overall with their own pick only twice in 4 years (which was still fortunate, but not miraculous by any means). We traded for the Clippers pick which resulted in the #1 overall pick in 2011. So yes, 3 picks in 4 years, but 1 of those 3 picks was acquired by trade.

warfelg
05-19-2017, 05:11 PM
There's reasons for every team to have a conspiracy theory to win the lotto. Typically if there is a really compelling story to them winning it the rumbles get louder.

IndyRealist
05-19-2017, 05:26 PM
I don't think either deserved it over any of the other forwards that made it though.

No they definitely did not deserve it. As a regular season award, PG and Hayward both fell short.

Rivera
05-19-2017, 06:09 PM
Well, the Cavs never got the #1 overall 3 times in a row (2011, 2013, 2014). I'd trade any of those #1 overalls for the 2012 #1 overall.

But yes, it's pretty annoying when you hear people spout off about conspiracies while being completely ignorant of the subject. The Cavs won the #1 overall with their own pick only twice in 4 years (which was still fortunate, but not miraculous by any means). We traded for the Clippers pick which resulted in the #1 overall pick in 2011. So yes, 3 picks in 4 years, but 1 of those 3 picks was acquired by trade.

ugh that wasnt the point but I get your drift. This was supposed to be a fun thread not serious :sigh:

Rivera
05-19-2017, 06:10 PM
There's reasons for every team to have a conspiracy theory to win the lotto. Typically if there is a really compelling story to them winning it the rumbles get louder.

that was the point, to come up with fun and dumb therories for us to laugh about, but I guess no one gets it or cares. we used to have fun at psd but no one knows how to have fun anymore :sigh:

LOb0
05-19-2017, 06:26 PM
The only one that was surely rigged was 1985. The rest or at least up to the mid 90s I think have been legit.

east fb knicks
05-20-2017, 06:29 AM
The only one that was surely rigged was 1985. The rest or at least up to the mid 90s I think have been legit.

Coming from a celts fan who just won the lottery smh :facepalm:

KnicksorBust
05-20-2017, 08:25 AM
this wasnt meant to be a serious thread i was hoping people had funny conspiracies. But i guess its funnier when people think it is rigged and they really feel it instead of getting creative :sigh:

You picked a year where the lottery basically didn't even matter and the teams that were meant to get 1-2-3 got them.

I used to like to pretend it was rigged and then the Knicks have been terrible and never jump into the top 3 so I gave up on that dream. :)