PDA

View Full Version : All-NBA Teams released

JasonJohnHorn
05-18-2017, 09:34 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/05/18/all-nba-teams-unveiled-paul-george-lebron-james/101825262/

First Team

James Harden (Houston Rockets; 500 points)
Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder; 498)
Kawhi Leonard (San Antonio Spurs; 490)
LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers; 498)
Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans; 343)
Second Team

Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors; 290)
Isaiah Thomas (Boston Celtics; 236)
Kevin Durant (Golden State Warriors; 239)
Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks; 258)
Rudy Gobert (Utah Jazz; 339)
Third Team

John Wall (Washington Wizards; 125)
DeMar DeRozan (Toronto Raptors; 62)
Jimmy Butler (Chicago Bulls; 102)
Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors; 134)
DeAndre Jordan (Los Angeles Clippers; 54)
Other players who received votes

Karl-Anthony Towns (50)
Chris Paul (49)
Marc Gasol (48)
DeMarcus Cousins (42)
Paul George (40)
Gordon Hayward (27)
Hassan Whiteside (18)
Kyrie Irving (14)
Klay Thompson (14)
Nikola Jokic (12)
Damian Lillard (12)
Paul Millsap (3)
LaMarcus Aldridge (1)
Blake Griffin (1)
Al Horford (1)

LBJ makes record-tying 11th appearance on All-NBA First Team.

Harden only unanimous pick for first team.

Paul George doesn't make any teams.

DaJ get on third team ahead of DMC and every other center not names Anthony Davis or Gobert.

Who missing? Who shouldn't be there?

zn23
05-18-2017, 09:45 PM
Deandre Jordan making it is embarrasing.

tredigs
05-18-2017, 10:23 PM
Here are the teams:

First Team

James Harden (Houston Rockets; 500 points)
Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder; 498)
Kawhi Leonard (San Antonio Spurs; 490)
LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers; 498)
Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans; 343)
Second Team

Isaiah Thomas (Boston Celtics; 236)
Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks; 258)
Third Team

John Wall (Washington Wizards; 125)
DeMar DeRozan (Toronto Raptors; 62)
DeAndre Jordan (Los Angeles Clippers; 54)
Other players who received votes

Karl-Anthony Towns (50)
Chris Paul (49)
Marc Gasol (48)
DeMarcus Cousins (42)
Paul George (40)
Gordon Hayward (27)
Hassan Whiteside (18)
Kyrie Irving (14)
Klay Thompson (14)
Nikola Jokic (12)
Damian Lillard (12)
Paul Millsap (3)
LaMarcus Aldridge (1)
Blake Griffin (1)
Al Horford (1)

tredigs
05-18-2017, 10:26 PM
Mostly seems pretty standard based on stats and narrative this season. I wouldn't have had DAJ myself.

PG and Hayward missed out on the supermax and it become much more possible both could leave in free agency (though I don't think Hayward would... unless it was to Boston somehow to reunite with Stevens). Great news for Lakers fans hoping to land PG13. Great week for them in general.

Lakers + Giants
05-18-2017, 10:31 PM
Mostly seems pretty standard based on stats and narrative this season. I wouldn't have had DAJ myself.

PG and Hayward missed out on the supermax and it become much more possible both could leave in free agency (though I don't think Hayward would... unless it was to Boston somehow to reunite with Stevens). Great news for Lakers fans hoping to land PG13. Great week for them in general.

Cmon tre, you're giving us too much props now. Are you gonna be on our ***** when Ball is slumping? :(

tredigs
05-18-2017, 10:33 PM
Cmon tre, you're giving us too much props now. Are you gonna be on our ***** when Ball is slumping? :(

L+G my ninja I want the Lakers to have pride/be good again SPECIFICALLY so I can hate! Haha.

FlashBolt
05-18-2017, 10:37 PM
PG+Ball+Randle+Ingram+Cousins??????????

JasonJohnHorn
05-18-2017, 10:48 PM
I feel like DeRozen's per-game scoring average got him a few votes he shouldn't have gotten. He a solid all-around player, and is great at drawing fouls, but he needs 20+ shots a game, plus the possessions where he gets fouls, and he isn't a very good shooter.

I'd rather get 22 points from Klay or Gordan than 27 point from DeRozen. If you just look at the averages, I can see why one would vote for DeRozen, but when you look at the percentages and team records.... it's pretty clear who the better players are.

That said... it says a lot about the league that two guys as talented as Klay and Gordon don't even make an All-NBA team.

Not a DMC fan myself, but I don't see how he missed out on a C spot. It seems like swapping teams hurt him with the media reps from the city he left, and did't help him enough with the city he was going to.

Paul George, Lillard, CP3, Kyrie? I mean... those are some talented guys not on the team. You could put together a super team of guys who didn't make it that could beat the guys who did:

CP3/Lillard
Klay/Gordon
Pal George/
Blake/Millsap
DMC/Gasol

More-Than-Most
05-18-2017, 11:04 PM
I am happy PG didnt make it because I was scared the lakers would trade for him... Now I think they wait and suck this year and let the kids grow which is best for them and us sixers fans.... I think boston trades for him and he stays there lol.

More-Than-Most
05-18-2017, 11:04 PM
a list without cp3 and Towns... At a loss for words.

More-Than-Most
05-18-2017, 11:08 PM
25/12

18/9/5

Towns over 50 percent shooting and cp3 47... someone tell me how wall/Derozan/pg13 was better than than cp3.... if you wanna fault towns for defense fine but cp3 is a damn sick defender. Wall is fine i guess but cp3 is still better

Lakers + Giants
05-18-2017, 11:20 PM
L+G my ninja I want the Lakers to have pride/be good again SPECIFICALLY so I can hate! Haha.

lmfao :cheers:

I remember when we started tanking a couple years back I said its not going to be fun cheering against the lakers when they suck this bad because even our fans are cheering for them to lose.

Much more fun to poke fun at a team when their own fans want them to lose. What are you going to say to a team that's tanking? When even their own fans are happy they're losing :laugh2:

The intentional losing is now over. If we lose now its just that we suck, but with no protection on the 2018 1st round pick, its clear we are actually trying to win some games.

tredigs
05-18-2017, 11:22 PM
MTM CP3 got the snub for missing almost 2 months straight. It's tough to be All-NBA at the guard position in today's league if you miss a quarter of the season.

tredigs
05-18-2017, 11:23 PM
lmfao :cheers:

I remember when we started tanking a couple years back I said its not going to be fun cheering against the lakers when they suck this bad because even our fans are cheering for them to lose.

Much more fun to poke fun at a team when their own fans want them to lose. What are you going to say to a team that's tanking? When even their own fans are happy they're losing :laugh2:

The intentional losing is now over. If we lose now its just that we suck, but with no protection on the 2018 1st round pick, its clear we are actually trying to win some games.

Agreed, and the Lakers fanbase for sure was less rabid. It's just a better more entertaining NBA with the Lakers making noise.

GREATNESS ONE
05-18-2017, 11:43 PM
PG+Ball+Randle+Ingram+Cousins??????????

I haven't said a word but I am sitting back waiting to see if all the dominos fall for this to happen!

cmellofan15
05-19-2017, 02:13 AM
DeAndre over Marc Gasol is ridiculous

jaydubb
05-19-2017, 03:14 AM
The NBA is still sleeping on Damian lilliard.. 27/6/5 and only gets 12 total votes? OK... The NBA is stacked at guard right now.

Also, come on.. Kat shoulda been on one of the all NBA teams.. He shoulda had deandre Jordan's spot.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
05-19-2017, 03:27 AM
The NBA is still sleeping on Damian lilliard.. 27/6/5 and only gets 12 total votes? OK... The NBA is stacked at guard right now.

Also, come on.. Kat shoulda been on one of the all NBA teams.. He shoulda had deandre Jordan's spot.

Lillard is overrated. He's a high USG% player who isn't great at creating and is a terrible defensive player. He can't carry a team. Dude couldn't do it until Nurkic got there. It's pretty evident Lillard is a producer of stat-stuffing talent but I would not trust him with the ball as a 1st option.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-19-2017, 03:34 AM
Agreed on Jordan. Just no business being ahead of some of these guys.

Scoots
05-19-2017, 11:20 AM
Take from the 2nd team

And from the Third Team

And that team beats the first team.

If defense was rated as high as offense Kawhi and LeBron would still be 1st team, the other 3 not so much.

FlashBolt
05-19-2017, 12:57 PM
Take from the 2nd team

And from the Third Team

And that team beats the first team.

If defense was rated as high as offense Kawhi and LeBron would still be 1st team, the other 3 not so much.

Only because Harden+Russ were only voted in for their statistical numbers rather than better player. Curry+KD are better than Russ+Harden.

zn23
05-19-2017, 01:00 PM
Nice to see Jokic get 12 votes. Especially for only starting in December.

He's going to be a perennial selection.

Firefistus
05-19-2017, 01:03 PM

You think Damian Lillard performed better than Harden/Curry/Westbrook/Thomas? I also think Wall and DeRozan out-performed Damian Lillard this year, I also think Butler also out-performed Lillard. I don't think anyone slept on him. If he wants to be noticed the Blazers need to win more games.

I DO think that Karl Anthony Towns deserved a spot on the 3rd team though. It was close, but he deserves it. He's going to be a super stud in a few years. Unlike Davis he actually helps his team win.

And now for my last gripe, Players don't make the all-NBA teams because their teams don't play well, I understand that. But but the Pelicans never play well, and I've been noticing that the Pelicans play to the drum of Davis, when they lose Davis plays poorly, when they win Davis plays great. It's time to stop glorifying Davis and replace him with players that actually win.

Like Whiteside, Towns, Porzingis.

Those players imo deserve it over Davis, who's team still can't come even close to making the playoffs.

valade16
05-19-2017, 02:08 PM
Lillard is overrated. He's a high USG% player who isn't great at creating and is a terrible defensive player. He can't carry a team. Dude couldn't do it until Nurkic got there. It's pretty evident Lillard is a producer of stat-stuffing talent but I would not trust him with the ball as a 1st option.

I didn't know Nurkic got there last year when Portland went to the 2nd round?...

valade16
05-19-2017, 02:09 PM
You think Damian Lillard performed better than Harden/Curry/Westbrook/Thomas? I also think Wall and DeRozan out-performed Damian Lillard this year, I also think Butler also out-performed Lillard. I don't think anyone slept on him. If he wants to be noticed the Blazers need to win more games.

I DO think that Karl Anthony Towns deserved a spot on the 3rd team though. It was close, but he deserves it. He's going to be a super stud in a few years. Unlike Davis he actually helps his team win.

And now for my last gripe, Players don't make the all-NBA teams because their teams don't play well, I understand that. But but the Pelicans never play well, and I've been noticing that the Pelicans play to the drum of Davis, when they lose Davis plays poorly, when they win Davis plays great. It's time to stop glorifying Davis and replace him with players that actually win.

Those players imo deserve it over Davis, who's team still can't come even close to making the playoffs.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Damian+Lillard&player_id1_select=Damian+Lillard&y1=2017&player_id1=lillada01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=DeMar+DeRozan&player_id2_select=DeMar+DeRozan&y2=2017&player_id2=derozde01&idx=players&player_id3_hint=Jimmy+Butler&player_id3_select=Jimmy+Butler&y3=2017&player_id3=butleji01&idx=players&player_id4_hint=John+Wall&player_id4_select=John+Wall&y4=2017&player_id4=walljo01&idx=players

Statistically he outperformed Wall and DeRozan, but I agree, the Blazers need to win more if he wants consideration (just like PG).

FlashBolt
05-19-2017, 02:26 PM
I didn't know Nurkic got there last year when Portland went to the 2nd round?...

So we're talking the past now? Why not bring Derrick Rose in this discussion? It wasn't too long ago he was expected to be a top five player and best PG for years to come. It's no secret that Nurkic's arrival was what allowed Portland to ultimately make the playoffs.

That 2nd round. Funny you mention that.. I was pretty sure CP3 and Blake were both INJURED in the final two games. I mean, Austin Rivers+Jamal+DJ were the "Big Three" for that team. Not exactly great odds for the Clippers.

valade16
05-19-2017, 04:57 PM
So we're talking the past now? Why not bring Derrick Rose in this discussion? It wasn't too long ago he was expected to be a top five player and best PG for years to come. It's no secret that Nurkic's arrival was what allowed Portland to ultimately make the playoffs.

That 2nd round. Funny you mention that.. I was pretty sure CP3 and Blake were both INJURED in the final two games. I mean, Austin Rivers+Jamal+DJ were the "Big Three" for that team. Not exactly great odds for the Clippers.

Yes because Rose from 6 years ago is the same as referencing literally the season before this lol. You said "dude can't carry a team, he didn't until Nurkic got there". He carried them the very year before to the playoffs. Yes, the Blazers were very fortunate the Clippers got wrecked by injuries and had no business being in the 2nd Round, but he still carried them to the playoffs with out Nurkic that season.

I don't know who you talked to that said he'd be a top 5 player or the best PG but I didn't hear anyone with those expectations, not even from Blazers fans. I'm assuming that was hyperbole though.

FlashBolt
05-19-2017, 05:00 PM
Yes because Rose from 6 years ago is the same as referencing literally the season before this lol. You said "dude can't carry a team, he didn't until Nurkic got there". He carried them the very year before to the playoffs. Yes, the Blazers were very fortunate the Clippers got wrecked by injuries and had no business being in the 2nd Round, but he still carried them to the playoffs with out Nurkic that season.

I don't know who you talked to that said he'd be a top 5 player or the best PG but I didn't hear anyone with those expectations, not even from Blazers fans. I'm assuming that was hyperbole though.

I'm talking about this year, though. I didn't think we're talking about previous years because this is the All-NBA team for this season. I thought he was an All-NBA player last season, though. After losing LA, I thought Lillard did a great job of leading them to the playoffs. But that was a year ago and this season, I expected a bit more from the Blazers. As for the top five player and best PG, I was using that for Rose. But yeah, this season, I don't think Lillard should be in the All-NBA team as the possibility of the Blazers making the playoffs became realistic when Nurkic got there.

valade16
05-19-2017, 05:06 PM
I'm talking about this year, though. I didn't think we're talking about previous years because this is the All-NBA team for this season. I thought he was an All-NBA player last season, though. After losing LA, I thought Lillard did a great job of leading them to the playoffs. But that was a year ago and this season, I expected a bit more from the Blazers. As for the top five player and best PG, I was using that for Rose. But yeah, this season, I don't think Lillard should be in the All-NBA team as the possibility of the Blazers making the playoffs became realistic when Nurkic got there.

I don't think he should be in the All-NBA team this season either (we apparently agree on a lot lol). The Blazers massively underachieved for several reasons. One is Aminu was hurt and played terribly, 2 is we added Evan Turner and he played terribly and 3. (And the most important) Lillard didn't improve on the defensive end and him coupled with McCollum being bad there destroyed any chance we had if having a good defense.

FlashBolt
05-19-2017, 05:10 PM
I don't think he should be in the All-NBA team this season either (we apparently agree on a lot lol). The Blazers massively underachieved for several reasons. One is Aminu was hurt and played terribly, 2 is we added Evan Turner and he played terribly and 3. (And the most important) Lillard didn't improve on the defensive end and him coupled with McCollum being bad there destroyed any chance we had if having a good defense.

Yup. But you guys closed the season out as one of the better teams and with Nurkic, I thought Portland had a chance to win two games vs Warriors. I expect Portland to win 50 games next season, tbh. I like Lillard but there were just much better guards than him that led their teams. Last year was absolutely deserved. Expectations were so low for that team that 40 wins was way out of imagination.

jaydubb
05-20-2017, 01:15 AM

I definitely don't think Damian lilliard performed better than harden/curry/westbrook/Thomas or even John Wall, although derozan is debatable that I don't want to get into, but he's clearly helped his team win more so he definitely deserves it imo.. My point was simply that it's just crazy that someone in the NBA averages 27/6/5 and doesn't get on an all NBA team and I thought he would at least get a little more than 12 votes, not that it matters.. The NBA is completely stacked with guards right now, maybe even more so than any other era.

futureman
05-20-2017, 07:35 AM
How is the best FA not on the All NBA team? This league is rigged and they are trying to manipulate it for the Celtics.

KnicksorBust
05-20-2017, 08:14 AM
I thought they did a good job. :laugh:

dhopisthename
05-20-2017, 12:16 PM
How is the best FA not on the All NBA team? This league is rigged and they are trying to manipulate it for the Celtics.

Durant made an all nba team. this is stupid

KnicksorBust
05-20-2017, 02:09 PM
It's nit-picking really. Maybe Towns over DeAndre but if you look at the votes they were close. Maybe Lillard but I have no problem with Wall and Derozan had a great regular season. I don't really feel like there was a big mistake here in terms of a misplaced player or a snub.

valade16
05-20-2017, 02:14 PM
It's nit-picking really. Maybe Towns over DeAndre but if you look at the votes they were close. Maybe Lillard but I have no problem with Wall and Derozan had a great regular season. I don't really feel like there was a big mistake here in terms of a misplaced player or a snub.

DeRozan and Wall should be in over Lillard. The stats for all 3 are very close and the Blazers had a disappointing year while The Raptors and Wizards overachieved. They deserved it over him.

tredigs
05-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Durant made an all nba team. this is stupid

Well to be fair, he's a top 5 player in the NBA so...

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-20-2017, 03:28 PM

Ya he was in the top 3 all season long for MVP until he got injured. I would've put him on the third team, but outside of that they did a good job.

Sadds The Gr8
05-20-2017, 03:32 PM
its dumb that KD made a team and CP3 didnt...

dhopisthename
05-20-2017, 03:53 PM

I was telling him how stupid his quote that the best free agent didn't make an all star team so the celtics can sign him. Durant or Curry are easily the best free agents this off season.

Chronz
05-20-2017, 05:32 PM
What an odd year. All the best players are either on different teams or not listed at all.

At Least klay didnt make it as predicted. If not for injuries i doubt he's an all-star this year

Raps18-19 Champ
05-20-2017, 05:44 PM
Go Demar!

Raps18-19 Champ
05-20-2017, 05:48 PM
its dumb that KD made a team and CP3 didnt...

I think CP3 should be in there but there's more guards that played at an elite level than forwards. KD did play at an MVP level too so that's why there's a difference from 2nd team to 4th team (which is where CP3 would be if there were such a team).

Raps18-19 Champ
05-20-2017, 05:48 PM
The biggest joke is DeAndre making it over KAT.

Sadds The Gr8
05-20-2017, 06:51 PM
I think CP3 should be in there but there's more guards that played at an elite level than forwards. KD did play at an MVP level too so that's why there's a difference from 2nd team to 4th team (which is where CP3 would be if there were such a team).
they played pretty much the same amount of games, and CP3 was at worst the 3rd best guard in the league this year. I thought if one was out due to lack of GP, then both would be out.

The biggest joke is DeAndre making it over KAT.

meh...I can understand that one.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-20-2017, 07:15 PM
they played pretty much the same amount of games, and CP3 was at worst the 3rd best guard in the league this year. I thought if one was out due to lack of GP, then both would be out.

Yea but the guys like 4-10 for the guards have a must better case than the 4-10 forwards. So the votes are spread out much more for the guards as you have many more combinations.

tredigs
05-21-2017, 09:45 AM
I was telling him how stupid his quote that the best free agent didn't make an all star team so the celtics can sign him. Durant or Curry are easily the best free agents this off season.

Roger

Sadds The Gr8
05-21-2017, 12:00 PM
Yea but the guys like 4-10 for the guards have a must better case than the 4-10 forwards. So the votes are spread out much more for the guards as you have many more combinations.

I guess that logic makes sense, but CP3 still should've easily made it