PDA

View Full Version : If you are Boston, what are you doing with the first pick?

Jeffy25
05-17-2017, 05:18 PM
Trade for a big to pair with Horford? Trade for a SF like Butler or PG?

Take Fultz or Ball and make a loaded guard party?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-17-2017, 05:20 PM
Take Fultz. Worry about everything else later.

LOb0
05-17-2017, 05:21 PM
Take Fultz. Keep him. He will fit in just fine. He's going to be better than the guards we're playing off the bench and he'll be way better down the line as Bron ages.

We're going to be paying him 4 million dollars vs paying 20+ for Butler just to get trashed by Lebron anyway.

NYKnickFanatic
05-17-2017, 05:22 PM
The only obvious answer is to trade it to the Knicks for Melo.

:cheers:

LOb0
05-17-2017, 05:23 PM
The only obvious answer is to trade it to the Knicks for Melo.

:cheers:

Sure. Throw Porzingis in and a future 1st.

Jeffy25
05-17-2017, 05:23 PM
Why not take Fultz, not extend IT, and instead trade him for a big with IT?

HandsOnTheWheel
05-17-2017, 05:25 PM
Fultz. Trade IT while his value is peaking, then resign Bradley for a reasonable contract next summer.

Bradley
Fultz
Crowder
PG/Butler?
Horford

bostncelts34
05-17-2017, 05:29 PM
Trade for a big to pair with Horford? Trade for a SF like Butler or PG?

Take Fultz or Ball and make a loaded guard party?

I would keep the pick and draft Fultz. Hopefully they can then sign someone like Hayward. They do not need a big of that caliber (#1 pick trade caliber) on this team. The Celtics like to spread the floor and there is not really any "bigs" available that would be worth that pick.

I.T/Fultz/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Crowder/Olynk/Yabusele?
Horford/zizic or veteran big

If they wanted to they could move one of the guards (Bradley,smart) since both contracts are ending next year I believe. However, with the players they have and the versatility to play either guard spot and sometimes even the 3 (Bradley,smart) you might not need to yet. Is it enough to overtake Cleveland? Probabaly not. it does leave options next year when I.T contract ends and now you have Fultz and company waiting. Not to mention, they own BK pick next year as well. Build the team for the next few years, no need to put all the eggs in the basket RIGHT now, unless some amazing deal comes along. Just my opinion of course.

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 05:30 PM
I'm guessing this improves their FA chances, no? It can't hurt. I would first start with Hayward and see where he stands. Hayward + Fultz + keeping their other key players is much better than compiling a package for George or Butler. I don't think either are that much better than Hayward to begin with, let alone those other factors.

After that, you have to question whether or not even something like Millsap + Fultz + keeping their other key players is better than a potential George or Butler trade. I don't know if it would be weird to reunite Millsap and Horford, if anything I think Horford could help recruit him. That would be a really nice boost to their D overall, their interior D, their rebounding and their offense. With Millsap and Horford, you can stretch from 4 and 5 without having to really sacrifice on D.

Thomas
Fultz
Crowder
Millsap
Horford

That may be their best option anyways, IMO. As good as Hayward, George and Butler are, none of them really solve the issues on the interior for Boston like Millsap can.

Heediot
05-17-2017, 05:34 PM
I'm guessing this improves their FA chances, no? It can't hurt. I would first start with Hayward and see where he stands. Hayward + Fultz + keeping their other key players is much better than compiling a package for George or Butler. I don't think either are that much better than Hayward to begin with, let alone those other factors.

After that, you have to question whether or not even something like Millsap + Fultz + keeping their other key players is better than a potential George or Butler trade. I don't know if it would be weird to reunite Millsap and Horford, if anything I think Horford could help recruit him. That would be a really nice boost to their D overall, their interior D, their rebounding and their offense. With Millsap and Horford, you can stretch from 4 and 5 without having to really sacrifice on D.

Thomas
Fultz
Crowder
Millsap
Horford

That may be their best option anyways, IMO. As good as Hayward, George and Butler are, none of them really solve the issues on the interior for Boston like Millsap can.

I think Milsap is going to decline on D pretty soon. Horford probably not long after. I also think it's a bad idea paying these guys a combine 50 plus million annually, when both are going to soon exit their primes and start declining.

bucketss
05-17-2017, 05:35 PM
draft fultz play him at sg

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 05:40 PM
I think Milsap is going to decline on D pretty soon. Horford probably not long after. I also think it's a bad idea paying these guys a combine 50 plus million annually, when both are going to soon exit their primes and start declining.

Definitely a valid concern.

mark1125
05-17-2017, 05:41 PM
I'd be giddy if they took Ball simply because I hate anything associated with this asshat family now and not going to the Lakers would make me happy. What would even be better is if the Celts take Fultz and then Lakers PASS on Ball. LOL

Raps18-19 Champ
05-17-2017, 05:41 PM
Draft Fultz, trade Bradley for a PF. Fultz can play SG and can slide to PG if Thomas leaves.

Kyben36
05-17-2017, 05:51 PM
if i was them, i would trade for butler, they have a shot at rings right now with guys like jimmy and IT.

I would also try and trade for a big using their other assets. but seriously, that team could potentially push if they went for it now.

if they dont, and use the pick, i think IT walks in 2 years. and they will have a nice young core. but thats just it, not nessisarily a championship contender, see how the Lakers 76ers and other teams who have had loads of young tallent look without those stud players. sure there are some good guys in this draft, but nobody is ever a sure thing IMO. hell, wiggins was a once in a lifetime prospect, but he surely cant carry a team.

plus, i have said it before, its much easier to get a FA like Hayward to sign when you have two legit stars like Butler and IT Courting him. I honestly think Durrant would have gone to the celtics

I also would consider Paul George as well, but if i was the Celtics, his infatuation with LA would scare me.

roster

I.T.
Jimmy
Hayward
_______
Horford

trade Crowder for a Legit Big to plug into that lineup

Bradley 6th man who also provides great D.

that team would be scary.

WaDe03
05-17-2017, 05:54 PM
Trade for Jimmy so Wade and I can leave the **** show in Chicago and go back to Miami, join the king, or a contender!

mrblisterdundee
05-17-2017, 05:54 PM
draft fultz play him at sg

Bingo. Play Fultz at shooting guard, get him some reps and prepare him for a possible takeover of the back court.
The Celtics can't keep all their marquee guards. Considering Fultz's and Smart's defensive abilities and Thomas' current dominance, Bradley seems like the odd man out. He's going to require a much bigger contract, and the Celtics require a much bigger back court.
Unless the Celtics land someone like Hayward, Butler or George in the next season or two, I don't see them competing with Cleveland before Thomas starts a significant decline, which I think will come sooner than LeBron's. We know what a liability aging, tiny guards who can't play defense can become.
Boston might be better off preparing for the next generation with guys like Fultz and Brown, rather than trying to defeat one of the three best NBA players ever. For now, though, they can experiment Fultz with Thomas, see whether they get another high pick from Brooklyn and keep their options open.

SiteWolf
05-17-2017, 06:09 PM
draft Ball and hold LaVar hostage

WaDe03
05-17-2017, 06:49 PM
draft Ball and hold LaVar hostage

And put Lonzo on the inactive list for the year lol.

Forever35
05-17-2017, 06:57 PM
Stephen Jackson actually muttered trading it for Melo today on the Jump... :speechless:

warfelg
05-17-2017, 07:13 PM
Draft Fultz.

Sign Milsap or Taj Gibson. More like Milsap.

Trade Fultz/Crowder/Celtics 2018 1st/Celtics 2020 1st (top 3 protected) for Butler or PG13.

IT
Bradley
Butler
Milsap
Horford

LA4life24/8
05-17-2017, 07:16 PM
Take fultz. Are you really gonna re up IT for 150 million? Hes a good replacement. Does a lot of similar stuff offensively isnt as big as liability defensively and is much cheaper.

Or if it seems to be they are only one really good player from beating the cavs (doubtful) trade it for jimmy or pg

Ill take the 1st option though honestly. Smarter. They can always trade IT next deadline if need be

LA4life24/8
05-17-2017, 07:18 PM
Stephen Jackson actually muttered trading it for Melo today on the Jump... :speechless:

Heard someone else say this on a podcast lmao... yeah right.

Have to be kristap+melo for #1+filler

Or kristap+8 for #1

But that aint happenin

mike_noodles
05-17-2017, 07:20 PM
I would use the pick and keep the player. Let him be 6th man if you have to. Trading the pick is short sighted imo.

homie564
05-17-2017, 08:10 PM
If Danny can get a LEGIT player that can stay long term, do it. If not take Fultz and hope he turns into Westbrook.

Krystaps would be my #1 choice tbh. I just think he fits our needs perfectly. If you can get a guy like Anthony Davis using #1 and the 2018 Brooklyn pick + do that too.. but that's highly unrealistic.

Ultimately I think we should make the pick. Fultz has a very very high ceiling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alayla
05-17-2017, 08:15 PM
doing anything other than Taking Fultz or trading for Butler/PG13 would be a waste of an asset as much as I hate to say that as a sixers fan whos wanted fultz all year.
The Celtics can't possibly **** this up sadly.

Aust
05-17-2017, 09:30 PM
Drafting Ball who is clearly the missing ingredient to :win: and letting your old pals on the West coast draft Fultz.

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2017, 09:45 PM
Drafting Ball who is clearly the missing ingredient to :win: and letting your old pals on the West coast draft Fultz.

Lonzo is the the first step and one of the ingredient to success.

Lil Rhody
05-17-2017, 09:46 PM
Trade for Jimmy so Wade and I can leave the **** show in Chicago and go back to Miami, join the king, or a contender!

Jimmy and wade so you have to be one of us lmao ;)

zn23
05-17-2017, 09:52 PM
If they draft Fultz, will they play him as a starter and put Bradley on the bench, or will he be the one to come off the bench?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-17-2017, 09:57 PM
If they draft Fultz, will they play him as a starter and put Bradley on the bench, or will he be the one to come off the bench?

Fultz off the bench for the first season but he'd probably play 25 mpg and in cruch time too I wo think

Scoots
05-17-2017, 10:01 PM
Take Ball so LaVar has to leave LA to capitalize on his son's hard work and deal with the knowledgeable and vocal Celtics fans telling him how stupid he is on a nightly basis.

Gibby23
05-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Draft Fultz.

Trade Fultz/Crowder/Celtics 2018 1st/Celtics 2020 1st (top 3 protected) for Butler or PG13.

IT
Bradley
Butler
Milsap
Horford

Lol. It isn't taking that much to get either of those guys. PG 13 has 1 year left on his contact but you suggest trading Fultz and 2 more 1st round picks. Lol

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2017, 10:05 PM

I don't think it would be that simple, he's a rookie, just let the kid play starter/Off the bench

Aust
05-17-2017, 10:05 PM
Take Ball so LaVar has to leave LA to capitalize on his son's hard work and deal with the knowledgeable and vocal Celtics fans telling him how stupid he is on a nightly basis.

Yes!

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2017, 10:06 PM

The hate is strong with you.

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2017, 10:07 PM
Yes!

-_-

WaDe03
05-17-2017, 11:51 PM
Jimmy and wade so you have to be one of us lmao ;)

Lmao! Get it done Danny!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-19-2017, 09:26 AM
Fultz. Trade IT while his value is peaking, then resign Bradley for a reasonable contract next summer.

Bradley
Fultz
Crowder
PG/Butler?
Horford

Bradley and Crowder most likely wont sign reasonable contracts. They already are on bargain deals. They probably wanna cash in. Reason why I mentioned in other thread that the Celtics need all these Nets and Grizzlies picks to reload and have as insurance. Cause most likely wont be able to keep Crowder and Bradley. I can see them pitched in a big trade soon enough before they expire.

Figure in Horford on his max. IT will get a huge payday. Already hear rumors of KCP and others getting the max soon. Other stiffs getting $10M per or more. Look at all the dead weight deals last summer as in Turner, Crabbe, Mozgov, Deng, Noah for example. Plus Celtics been linked to chasing Hayward as well. He be another max deal. Also #1 pick will be expensive on the rookie scale. Like $6M?

BKLYNpigeon
05-19-2017, 09:50 AM
Celtics are going to lose most of their role players in 2 years when they are up for extension. Either go all in now, or trade all of them to compete in 3 years.

mavwar53
05-19-2017, 10:03 AM
I like all the thoughts about adding to their star power, but it doesn't change the fact that this team is extremely soft when it comes to the bigs. Marcus Smart plays Tristan Thompson better than anyone else on the team. Pretty sad. They need some toughness to go along with the star.

Get Butler and Robin Lopez for a package of the first and players and I think they could have a chance. Horford is so damn soft that Kevin Love laughs at him.

Kyben36
05-19-2017, 10:04 AM
Celtics are going to lose most of their role players in 2 years when they are up for extension. Either go all in now, or trade all of them to compete in 3 years.

ding ding ding,

IT will want a huge contract, worth way more than he is worth (sorry guy who has zero defensive ability is a liability and not worth that much. Horford will be essentially done, and their role players will also want huge contracts,

I like Brown, but he is a role player at best imo. fultz can be a stud, but the team is going to have issues down the road, either go in now, or your gonna be a rebuild franchise in a few years.

Dade County
05-19-2017, 05:23 PM
Boston should target Drummond....

They need the size in the worst way. Offer Nets next year first round pick, j brown & Horford ( salary cap saver).

Target Hayward, Blake & Butler(through trade) this offseason & hope you can land one of them.

europagnpilgrim
05-19-2017, 05:47 PM
If I were the Celtics I would be on the phone right now with Pelicans and seeing if I could work out a deal to get one of their all nba caliber frontcourt players, either one but I would prefer Cousins since he is more reliable health wise and will bring a similar mentality/ID that the C's already have

then I would worry about everything else and then if that fails I would look to getting a all star wing with that pick and if that fails then I would settle for the best player in the draft and go from there

FlashBolt
05-19-2017, 05:51 PM
If I were the Celtics I would be on the phone right now with Pelicans and seeing if I could work out a deal to get one of their all nba caliber frontcourt players, either one but I would prefer Cousins since he is more reliable health wise and will bring a similar mentality/ID that the C's already have

then I would worry about everything else and then if that fails I would look to getting a all star wing with that pick and if that fails then I would settle for the best player in the draft and go from there

Problem with that is Cousins and Thomas haven't really worked out together. They played together in the Kings. Should've been better but they lack chemistry. Isaiah doesn't seem interested in passing to him.

Silent
05-19-2017, 06:36 PM
That first getting traded Boston don't need anymore young players they need some vets

PAOboston
05-19-2017, 08:33 PM
You can forget about them trading the first pick for the likes of Butler or George. That pick is off the table for those guys. And gutting the roster to add one of those guys doesn't really make them better in the end. Plus, George is basically LA bound at the end of the season and Butler is a very good player but is a poor shooter.

Make the pick. Go sign Hayward. Keep your young guys (Brown, Smart, Rozier, 17 pick). They'll have a good team and still have assets to trade in case a good player becomes available should they choose to go that route. They might be able to be top 3 team while developing their blue chip prospects too.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

sep11ie
05-19-2017, 10:03 PM
Draft Fultz, trade Crowder to Houston for Ryan Anderson. Sign Hayward.

Kees2315
05-19-2017, 10:54 PM
If I'm the celtics I call the suns, they are bummed that they lost out on a top 3 pick and they are definitely rebuilding with so sight on competition.

If the celtics want to compete and still stay young they're best bet is this deal

Trade number 1 pick and Avery Bradley and James young for#4, Devin Booker and Tyson chandler

The suns get they're #1 pick and a young defensive stud in Avery Bradley

The celtics get a bonifide star and some help at the center position and get even younger. Then even get who they really like in the draft Josh Jackson or DeAaron Fox

Then sign Hayward

IT/Rozier
Booker/Smart
Hayward/crowder
Hortford/brown
Chandler/zizic

And your pick of Jackson or FOX

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-19-2017, 11:03 PM
If I'm the celtics I call the suns, they are bummed that they lost out on a top 3 pick and they are definitely rebuilding with so sight on competition.

If the celtics want to compete and still stay young they're best bet is this deal

Trade number 1 pick and Avery Bradley and James young for#4, Devin Booker and Tyson chandler

The celtics get a bonifide star and some help at the center position and get even younger. Then even get who they really like in the draft Josh Jackson or DeAaron Fox

Then sign Hayward

IT/Rozier
Booker/Smart
Hayward/crowder
Hortford/brown
Chandler/zizic

Interesting idea, but I doubt PHX says yes to that.

goingfor28
05-19-2017, 11:32 PM
Trade it for a replacement for Horford.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gibby23
05-20-2017, 12:31 AM
Trade it for a replacement for Horford.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They owe him a ton of money. Why would they trade it for a duplicate position? He is still an above average starter.

Oakmont_4
05-22-2017, 06:39 AM
I like all the thoughts about adding to their star power, but it doesn't change the fact that this team is extremely soft when it comes to the bigs. Marcus Smart plays Tristan Thompson better than anyone else on the team. Pretty sad. They need some toughness to go along with the star.

Get Butler and Robin Lopez for a package of the first and players and I think they could have a chance. Horford is so damn soft that Kevin Love laughs at him.

No thanks to that. What it would cost to acquire them isn't worth it.

Oakmont_4
05-22-2017, 06:42 AM

Then sign Hayward

IT/Rozier
Booker/Smart
Hayward/crowder
Hortford/brown
Chandler/zizic

Chandler is a bum and costs to much. If we acquire him, we won't have enough cap space to sign Hayward. We have to make moves as it is to clear enough space to sign him.

I'd much rather just draft Fultz

sign Hayward

Trade Bradley for Nerlens Noel (S&T)

Thomas/Rozier
Smart/Fultz
Hayward/Brown
Horford/Crowder
Noel/Zizic

Pretty damn good team right there.

Oakmont_4
05-22-2017, 06:43 AM
That first getting traded Boston don't need anymore young players they need some vets

If they wanted to trade it, they would have before it became #1 at the deadline. They didn't. They want that #1 pick and they're going to use it on Fultz.

Oakmont_4
05-22-2017, 06:46 AM
Boston should target Drummond....

They need the size in the worst way. Offer Nets next year first round pick, j brown & Horford ( salary cap saver).

Target Hayward, Blake & Butler(through trade) this offseason & hope you can land one of them.

After that ridiculous trade for Drummond, what's left to trade for Butler? Basically putting all your eggs in the Drummond basket. How's that worked out in Detroit?

I like Drummond the player, but not at his price tag, he has too many bad parts to his game to pay him that much (and trade that much for him). I'd much rather trade for Noel who has a similar game and similar deficiencies, but can be had much cheaper than $22M.

Vinylman
05-22-2017, 08:07 AM
This entire discussion is why the NBA sucks...

Having the draft before free agency is idiotic...

It makes everything guess work for GM's. If Ainge knows he is going to get Hayward then he can really push hard to put a massive package together to attract another star...

because he doesn't he is forced to take Fultz and play the waiting game

It's stupid

Oakmont_4
05-22-2017, 08:23 AM
This entire discussion is why the NBA sucks...

Having the draft before free agency is idiotic...

It makes everything guess work for GM's. If Ainge knows he is going to get Hayward then he can really push hard to put a massive package together to attract another star...

because he doesn't he is forced to take Fultz and play the waiting game

It's stupid

I don't see how drafting first changes what package Ainge could offer up. Whether he's trading the #1 pick or Fultz, the package wouldn't change. Did drafting Wiggins first deter CLE from trading him for Love? Nope.

Vinylman
05-22-2017, 08:36 AM
I don't see how drafting first changes what package Ainge could offer up. Whether he's trading the #1 pick or Fultz, the package wouldn't change. Did drafting Wiggins first deter CLE from trading him for Love? Nope.

omfg... it changes what he is WILLING to give up if he KNOWS what is going to happen in FA

It would increase the diversity of offers he can look at because he knows he is already locked in at one more position. He might be willing to move down to pick up more picks... it opens up endless possibilities because there are more knowns

There isn't a single GM who wouldn't rather have FA first

Oakmont_4
05-22-2017, 09:14 AM
omfg... it changes what he is WILLING to give up if he KNOWS what is going to happen in FA

It would increase the diversity of offers he can look at because he knows he is already locked in at one more position. He might be willing to move down to pick up more picks... it opens up endless possibilities because there are more knowns

There isn't a single GM who wouldn't rather have FA first

Not true. I'd rather know who my pick is before I go out and spend a ton of money. Or if I decide not to spend money because there's a couple players I really like, just to find out they're off the draft board before my pick comes up. It works both ways. It's an insignificant issue honestly.

Smart GM's don't let free agency dictate their draft and visa versa. You draft the player you think is the BPA. You sign the best Free Agents you can get. Position is slightly irrelevant, especially in today's NBA more than ever. You can have 2 great PG's or 2 great SF's. You can always make trades afterwards. I don't think the order of the draft and Free Agency has any bearing on really anything. Good GM's build good teams regardless.

eDush
05-22-2017, 12:32 PM
Draft Fultz.

IT
Bradley
Butler
Milsap
Horford

You're over trading for Butler since the Bulls just wanted their top pick plus Chowder only which Boston refused to include. Obviously you must've missed that part :nod:

Not sure how Butler value went up after one season when he couldn't get it done against Boston without Rondo.
:no:

eDush
05-22-2017, 12:49 PM
After that ridiculous trade for Drummond, what's left to trade for Butler? Basically putting all your eggs in the Drummond basket. How's that worked out in Detroit?

I like Drummond the player, but not at his price tag, he has too many bad parts to his game to pay him that much (and trade that much for him). I'd much rather trade for Noel who has a similar game and similar deficiencies, but can be had much cheaper than $22M.

Agreed. Horford is a better team player and more efficient scorer than Drummond who will be exposed like Monroe once he leaves Motor City :nod:

DanG
05-22-2017, 01:01 PM
Draft Fultz.

IT + 18' Nets pick for Porzingis + 18' Knicks pick (swap picks)

***** Hayward, Butler and PG. You're not going to beat LeBron right now anyway.

Fultz/Smart
Bradley/
Crowder/Brown
Porzingis/
Horford/

Still a playoff team.

2019 Re-Sign Avery Bradley

2021 Horford's and Crowder's contract is up, let them go.

2021 Anthony Davis, Rudy Gobert, Giannis Antetokounmpo hit free agency

Your pitch:

Fultz (23)
Bradley (30)
Brown (24)
Porzingis (25)
Smart (27)

2 All-star caliber players + Top 5 coach + Eastern conference + LeBron is 36

Imagine this team:

Fultz (all-star)
Bradley (top 5 defender)
Brown (who knows)
Giannis (all-star, top 3 player)
Porzingis (all-star)

or

Fultz
Bradley
Brown
Davis
Porzingis

Jeffy25
05-22-2017, 01:05 PM
Now that Thomas is hurt, the idea of trading him is going to take some serious caution from the team acquiring him.

I would be pretty slow to move for IT personally.

hugepatsfan
05-22-2017, 01:14 PM
How about this...

1) Draft Fultz

2) Bring over 2016 1st rounder C Ante Zizic; leave PF Yabusele overseas one more year; renounce Olynyk/Amir/Jerebko/Gerald Green/James Young; decline options on Zeller/Jordan Mickey; salary dump Rozier and the partial guarantee of Demetrius Jackson. These are cap clearing moves to offer a max.

3) Sign Hayward (Note: I hate to always say this like it's a given. There's no guarantee at all he signs here and it's probably more likely he stays in Utah. But if we're having a discussion on what I'd like to see happen I include him because I'm hoping he does sign. I just want to be clear that I'm not acting like an entitled fan assuming a FA will automatically sign with my team.)

4) Two-part trade with SA. First, Crowder for Danny Green. Then Avery Bradley for Dedmon (S&T). The reason for the trade is two fold - first a S&T I think has to be one for one. Second, the Crowder-Green swap gives SA more room to pay Dedmon in the S&T since they don't have bird rights. He should be able to get I think like $11M in year one with this.

That sets BOS up with a lineup of:

IT/Fultz
Green/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Horford
Dedmon/Zizic

Hayward plays some small ball 4 like he did in Utah last year. Only use a 9 man rotation since Fultz/Smart/Brown are all guys you want playing 25 minutes a game next year even as reserves. Cutting out the 10th man and Hayward playing some PF opens that up. And with two big centers it's doable IMO.

That team should be much better on the boards with Dedmon replacing Amir in the lineup and Zizic projects to be an improvement over Olynyk in that area as a rookie. With Fultz/Hayward added and the hopeful development of Brown we'd have more guys that can create shots for themselves. Green/Hayward over Crowder/Bradley is a shooting improvement. Defensively it's a downgrade on the perimeter overall but still very solid and we have better rim protection inside to compensate.

Dade County
05-22-2017, 01:16 PM

Just seeing this...

If Boston can't sign Hayward or Blake then you can consider trading for Butler.

& i don't really value Horford all that much for what he is getting paid. Nets next year 1st rd pick would have to be added, maybe not brown.

C's need the size & i don't know if D Jordan is available; also i don't see Jazz trading their big man either.

eDush
05-22-2017, 02:21 PM
Draft Fultz.

Fultz/Smart
Bradley/
Crowder/Brown
Porzingis/
Horford/

Still a playoff team.

Your pitch:

Fultz (23)
Bradley (30)
Brown (24)
Porzingis (25)
Smart (27)

Imagine this team:

Fultz (all-star)
Bradley (top 5 defender)
Brown (who knows)
Porzingis (all-star)

or

Fultz
Bradley
Brown
Davis
Porzingis

:laugh: LMAO!!! So you think Phil is an idiot like the Nets GM huh?

If Danny boy is dumb enough to even proposed such a lopsided trade that makes no sense to the Knicks, Phil will hang up on him and then let the NY media know so every New Yorker can have a good laugh lol.

If the Knicks really wants him (which I doubt since his game doesn't translate well in a triangle offense), they would just offer him the max when his contract expires very soon as an UFA and see what happens duh.

kobe4thewinbang
05-22-2017, 02:55 PM
Watched an interesting video analysis on YouTube.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gDpHZUSTE4w

Seems like a headache to keep Fultz since they have so many guards already and Bradley has had a breakout season. Do you really want to bring Fultz off the bench? I do not know who the backup PG is for them right now, Rozier or Smart, but Smart just dropped 20+ points and looked intentful with those 7 threes. If he's the backup you stick with him. They should trade the pick for Hayward or Butler if possible, or a solid center since that isn't really Horford's position. Now I don't think they should trade Crowder, and if people low ball them with offers for the pick or get too demanding, then just stand pat and look into it later once Fultz develops. But I think you have to be smart and effective because they could beat Cavaliers next season if they make a confident decision.

HeartOfStarks
05-22-2017, 03:25 PM
:laugh: LMAO!!! So you think Phil is an idiot like the Nets GM huh?

If Danny boy is dumb enough to even proposed such a lopsided trade that makes no sense to the Knicks, Phil will hang up on him and then let the NY media know so every New Yorker can have a good laugh lol.

If the Knicks really wants him (which I doubt since his game doesn't translate well in a triangle offense), they would just offer him the max when his contract expires very soon as an UFA and see what happens duh.

This. We're not trading KP.

Oakmont_4
05-22-2017, 03:36 PM
Just seeing this...

If Boston can't sign Hayward or Blake then you can consider trading for Butler.

& i don't really value Horford all that much for what he is getting paid. Nets next year 1st rd pick would have to be added, maybe not brown.

C's need the size & i don't know if D Jordan is available; also i don't see Jazz trading their big man either.

Butler isn't worth that trade. Post Butler trade we lose all cap space to sign a MAX. And hardly have enough cap space to bring in a rim protecting big. So essentially all we'd be doing is upgrading Bradley's offense. That's not enough to overtake LBJ and therefor not worth entertaining that idea.

Oakmont_4
05-22-2017, 03:41 PM
Draft Fultz.

Fultz/Smart
Bradley/
Crowder/Brown
Porzingis/
Horford/

Still a playoff team.

Your pitch:

Fultz (23)
Bradley (30)
Brown (24)
Porzingis (25)
Smart (27)

Imagine this team:

Fultz (all-star)
Bradley (top 5 defender)
Brown (who knows)
Porzingis (all-star)

or

Fultz
Bradley
Brown
Davis
Porzingis

I doubt the NYK do that trade. Maybe they consider it if their own 18 pick isn't in play. But say that trade did go down...IT and 18BRK pick for Porz...Why would you not try and win with this team? They would still have money to go after Hayward...

Fultz/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Horford/Crowder
Porz/Zizic

I'd take my chances with this lineup against the Cavs. Even if we lost in game 7 of the ECF to the Cavs in 2018...By 2019 you can re-sign AB and Smart and go at it again as the Cavs age, that gap keeps getting closer and closer.

Vinylman
05-23-2017, 07:28 AM
Not true. I'd rather know who my pick is before I go out and spend a ton of money. Or if I decide not to spend money because there's a couple players I really like, just to find out they're off the draft board before my pick comes up. It works both ways. It's an insignificant issue honestly.

Smart GM's don't let free agency dictate their draft and visa versa. You draft the player you think is the BPA. You sign the best Free Agents you can get. Position is slightly irrelevant, especially in today's NBA more than ever. You can have 2 great PG's or 2 great SF's. You can always make trades afterwards. I don't think the order of the draft and Free Agency has any bearing on really anything. Good GM's build good teams regardless.

omfg... truly clueless... there isn't a single GM who wouldn't want FA first...

go ask any NFL GM if he would rather change it so FA comes second...

sorry dude... you are flat out wrong on this because you continue to ignore that the vast majority of your roster would be set before the draft (90% knowns) versus going into FA with 90% unknowns...

Oakmont_4
05-23-2017, 07:44 AM
omfg... truly clueless... there isn't a single GM who wouldn't want FA first...

go ask any NFL GM if he would rather change it so FA comes second...

sorry dude... you are flat out wrong on this because you continue to ignore that the vast majority of your roster would be set before the draft (90% knowns) versus going into FA with 90% unknowns...

The NFL and NBA aren't even comparable. Completely different leagues structure wise. You're talking about a 53 man roster vs a 15 man roster. So 90% unknown on a 53 man roster with no guaranteed contracts is far more than 90% on a 15 man roster with guaranteed contracts.

But yup, I'm clueless. I guess you'll have to invite your GM friends to PSD to prove me wrong...

da ThRONe
05-23-2017, 09:38 AM
If Ainge has made a major mistake this far it's the fact he continues to straddle the fense. At some point go all in with this roster or rebuild. The concept of flexibility is one that I preach more than most sports fans I know. However at some point if he wants a title team he has to turn these assets into stars if they are going to surpass the Cavs and/or Warriors. If I'm Ainge after this spanking I'm cashing in even if it's a slight overpay for a superstar talent. Especially if they can sign Hayward away. Whiteside, Cousins, or Gasol. Hell I'm calling GS about Thompson.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-23-2017, 11:11 PM
New idea:

Keep IT. Rest him for the first three quarters, play him for the fourth.

Tg11
05-27-2017, 12:05 PM
What I want for my team the Celtics to do...is trade the pick to get a star like for example if we draft Lonzo Ball as our #1 pick then what we do is trade Lonzo Ball to either the Knicks to get Carmelo or we trade Lonzo Ball to the Bulls to get Jimmy Butler or we trade Zo to the Pacers to get Paul George in a package either way these would be my ideal scenarios if we draft Lonzo Ball

But if we draft Fultz then I would definitely keep him as our #1 pick flat out I wouldn't even trade him

JordansBulls
05-29-2017, 01:02 AM
Trade it for Jimmy Butler so that Boston has a guy who locks up Lebron all the time.

DaBear
05-29-2017, 03:01 AM

I would love for Wade to gtfo.

hugepatsfan
05-29-2017, 11:19 AM
As far away from CLE and GS as they are I don't think you can justify trading this pick. This isn't an Anthony Bennett draft. By most accounts Fultz is a guy with legit franchise player potential. IMO unless you come out of the trade feeling great about your chances to win you have to keep that type of prospect. Let's say we got Butler (or PG) for #1 plus Crowder after signing Hayward (or Blake)

IT/Smart
Butler/Bradley
Hayward/Brown
Horford
Zizic (rookie Euro coming over)

You can change that if you end up trading for PG instead of Butler or signing Blake instead of Hayward. Point is, that's a good roster. I think they can compete, but at the end of the day, it still has no front court depth and only vet min/exception signings to fix it (where you would be 3rd or 4th on the pecking order for vets behind GS, CLE, maybe SA). You're not going to have cap space again because even by the time Horford is a FA Butler will be on a max under the current cpa instead of the old one. IT/Bradley will be up on new deals.

The team still has the 2018 BRK pick but that's no guarantee. A couple of potentially nice 2019 picks from LAC and MEM but they're protected from being really nice. Our own picks are all back of the draft.

I'm not with the strategy of just waiting out CLE/GS. I don't think you do that. But they set the bar extremely high and you damn well better be able to reach it. I don't think the above roster is at that level an I don't feel overly optimistic about the chances to meet it, so I wouldn't give up the chance on a potential young franchise player to put it together.

BoSox47
05-29-2017, 11:21 AM
Adam Kaufman ✔ @AdamMKaufman
.@SteveBHoop told me & @Sean_McAdam #Celtics were willing to deal #Netspick for Butler, but if No. 1 protected - meaning have guy in mind.

Sorry Bulls fans, Celtics arent trading #1 for Butler, nor should they. He isnt worth it.

hugepatsfan
05-29-2017, 11:26 AM
Sorry Bulls fans, Celtics arent trading #1 for Butler, nor should they. He isnt worth it.

I think Butler is worth it in the right circumstances. If hypothetically we had signed Durant last year then yeah, #1 for Butler would be worth it. But in our circumstances I just don't see it.

BoSox47
05-29-2017, 01:11 PM
I think Butler is worth it in the right circumstances. If hypothetically we had signed Durant last year then yeah, #1 for Butler would be worth it. But in our circumstances I just don't see it.

Considering the price of his contract(current and future) vs the price of Fultz and his baggage, I dont think hes worth it. He has had 2 straight coaches that haven't liked him in thibs and Hoiberg. He has caused locker room rifts each of the last 2 seasons with 2 different groups of people because he acts like a diva. He also complete blows off coaches play calls and doesnt listen to anyone but himself. He quit on his team in the playoffs vs the celtics. Cancer in the locker room. Pass.

BoSox47
05-29-2017, 01:20 PM
I would much rather sign Gordon Hayward and keep the number one pick than to bring in Jimmy Butler.

hugepatsfan
05-29-2017, 01:28 PM
I would much rather sign Gordon Hayward and keep the number one pick than to bring in Jimmy Butler.

It's not either-or. They can sign GH as a FA and then make a trade.

BoSox47
05-29-2017, 01:36 PM
It's not either-or. They can sign GH as a FA and then make a trade.

I know its not either or, but I would still avoid Jimmy Butler and draft Fultz, while remaining more financially flexible. If we were going to pursue a trade with the #1, I would go after Anthony Davis before I went after Jimmy Butler.

hugepatsfan
05-29-2017, 02:05 PM
I know its not either or, but I would still avoid Jimmy Butler and draft Fultz, while remaining more financially flexible. If we were going to pursue a trade with the #1, I would go after Anthony Davis before I went after Jimmy Butler.

AD isn't even remotely available though.

I'm not trading #1 for Butler because I don't think it will give us a championship core. But it isn't this outlandish proposal you make it out to be. He's a great player.

smith&wesson
05-30-2017, 12:39 AM
Obvi they get George

Forever35
05-30-2017, 09:29 AM
Gotta be Fultz...

hugepatsfan
05-30-2017, 11:23 AM
#1 to PHI for #3/Saric. They get Fultz.

#3 to NYK for Porzingis since they seemingly are willing to move him.

Sign Hayward in FA.

Trade Saric, Crowder, Bradley, 2018 BRK pick to CHI for Butler.

IT/Rozier
Butler/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Porzingis
Horford/Zizic

xxplayerxx23
05-30-2017, 12:41 PM
Heard someone else say this on a podcast lmao... yeah right.

Have to be kristap+melo for #1+filler

Or kristap+8 for #1

But that aint happenin

LMAO say the notion that it would be the Knicks adding to KP to get 1. Get the **** out of here.it would be Boston adding.

xxplayerxx23
05-30-2017, 12:46 PM
#1 to PHI for #3/Saric. They get Fultz.

#3 to NYK for Porzingis since they seemingly are willing to move him.

Sign Hayward in FA.

Trade Saric, Crowder, Bradley, 2018 BRK pick to CHI for Butler.

IT/Rozier
Butler/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Porzingis
Horford/Zizic

Dude no shot they trade porzingis for 3 lol

hugepatsfan
05-30-2017, 01:13 PM
Porzingis is kind of in a weird trade value spot. He's proven he can play well in the NBA but if you're talking about being a star player there's still quite a bit of projection there. He doesn't shoot a great percentage from 3. His 3 point percentage is great for a center but he doesn't consistently play there. As a PF his 3 point percentage isn't great, just good (with the league playing so much differently now). He's not a good rebounding big, especially if he's playing the C spot.

As a franchise player on a title team there's still a ton to project with him like there would be for a draft pick. So I don't think his trade value would be comparable to a Jimmy Butler, Paul George type where they are already proven at that level. But he's shown enough that there's solid reason to believe he can make those strides at the same time. It's just a weird spot in trade value. The whole concept of trading a hoard of picks/developing players for a star is proven vs. unproven but in star player terms Porzingis is still in the unproven category.

Honestly I don't get why they'd even entertain the idea of moving him but the rumors persist.

effen5
05-30-2017, 01:23 PM
Considering the price of his contract(current and future) vs the price of Fultz and his baggage, I dont think hes worth it. He has had 2 straight coaches that haven't liked him in thibs and Hoiberg. He has caused locker room rifts each of the last 2 seasons with 2 different groups of people because he acts like a diva. He also complete blows off coaches play calls and doesnt listen to anyone but himself. He quit on his team in the playoffs vs the celtics. Cancer in the locker room. Pass.

1) Butler's contract is an absolute steal
2) Thibs LOVES Butler and Butler LOVES Thibs which was why there was rumor for Thibs to trade for him. The only locker room cancer on the team was Derrick Rose, and the drama from the past two years was from Garpax. Sure, JB was part of that drama but so was Dwade and Rondo...both vets with titles. And it's not like he's the only one blowing off the coaches calls either...our coach is an absolute moron.

hugepatsfan
05-30-2017, 01:41 PM
2) Thibs LOVES Butler and Butler LOVES Thibs which was why there was rumor for Thibs to trade for him. The only locker room cancer on the team was Derrick Rose, and the drama from the past two years was from Garpax. Sure, JB was part of that drama but so was Dwade and Rondo...both vets with titles. And it's not like he's the only one blowing off the coaches calls either...our coach is an absolute moron.

1) He's definitely a steal for this year and next (age 28 and 29 seasons). After that he'll get the max under the current cap. Which is fine because he's worth it. Issue with him though is the fact that he stayed in college delays things. He's going to get a 4 year max at least. That will cover his age 30, 31, 32 and 33 seasons. That's not ideal. The fact he played his first NBA year at 22 instead of 19/20 like most guys hurts him here.

The very real possibility is that the backend of that deal results in paying max for a non-max player. Which isn't the worst thing in the world if you have max players who are truly worth it. Because if you don't have the actual max guys you end up stuck in that middle ground. So what I worry with Jimmy as a potential trade partner is that he's really got a 4 year window of being a true max player and if you can't surround him with the talent needed in that span, he might end up hurting you in the longer term. So I have to be very confident I can build a real title contender in the next season or two for him to be worth it. And if you're unloading a package of assets for one guy that becomes very difficult to do. That's why I think developing stars yourself and/or signing them in FA is much more efficient than trading for them. It just makes it easier to surround them with pieces. IMO you don't trade for your first or second star unless in rare circumstances. Better to trade once you already have two stars in place that way you know you'll have the starpower needed so losing all the trade assets won't hurt you.

2) It seems like Jimmy is on and off with coaches. I think in a title contending situation he'd be fine. I do worry a little about the role he'll have to accept. If he's playing with title contending caliber teammates he's going to need to take more of a backseat offensively. Less ball domination, more backdoor cuts and spot up shots along with an emphasis on his defensive skills (where he can be dominant). He's going to have to accept that. Is he cool being an 18 PPG guy? Because I think on a title contending team with offensive talent around him he might need to fall back to that.

BoSox47
05-30-2017, 02:42 PM

1) Many articles state it was a love-hate relationship with Butler and Thibs, and Butler even said it was himself. He said it was tough playing under him. Which suggest there were many disagreements.

2) Jimmy Butler has had beefs with Joakim Noah, Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo and was called out by DWade for giving up in the playoffs against the Celtics.

3) He has also been in rifts with Hoiberg and blown off his play calls many times according to scouts.

Jimmy Butler is a straight up diva, not a Demarcus Cousins level diva, but getting close to it. Combine that with the celtics salaries and potentially bringing in Gordon Hayward. Ill gladly pass on trading the first overall pick for Butler. Id be willing to trade anything except #1 pick, jaylen Brown and Al Horford for Butler, but with the way the contracts are situated and there being no guarantee the Celtics will be better than the Cavs with Butler, ill pass and build for the future.

effen5
05-30-2017, 04:02 PM
1) Many articles state it was a love-hate relationship with Butler and Thibs, and Butler even said it was himself. He said it was tough playing under him. Which suggest there were many disagreements.

2) Jimmy Butler has had beefs with Joakim Noah, Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo and was called out by DWade for giving up in the playoffs against the Celtics.

3) He has also been in rifts with Hoiberg and blown off his play calls many times according to scouts.

Jimmy Butler is a straight up diva, not a Demarcus Cousins level diva, but getting close to it. Combine that with the celtics salaries and potentially bringing in Gordon Hayward. Ill gladly pass on trading the first overall pick for Butler. Id be willing to trade anything except #1 pick, jaylen Brown and Al Horford for Butler, but with the way the contracts are situated and there being no guarantee the Celtics will be better than the Cavs with Butler, ill pass and build for the future.

1) Playing tough under Thibs and not liking Butler is not the same. Thibs and Jimmy had dinner literally months after Thibs got fired under the Bulls. I don't know where you got that from but that is 100% false. They still respect each other. Noah on the other had absolutely despised Thibs and he said if he wasn't winning games, they would really hate each other.

2) Jimmy Butler had beefs with Noah and Derrick that were legitimate. Noah's beef started with Jimmy and he couldn't take the fact that Jimmy was a guy who couldn't get on to the floor to the best player on the team. Not to mention Noah has been busting Jimmy's balls for years. The derrick Rose conflict was due to Derrick not taking his position serious anymore and hated his work ethic. And it's true, Rose at the end of his Bulls career only cared about one thing. Money. His work ethic showed he didn't give a **** to be on the floor. D Wade has never called out Jimmy but it was Rondo who called out both Wade and Butler.

3)All Chicago fans have their opinions about Hoiberg...and to me at least...good. Hoiberg is a terrible coach. Should never have been hired in the first place.

And if you want to pass the first for Jimmy, that's fine but I just wanted to clear up some misunderstanding you had about Jimmy.

effen5
05-30-2017, 04:09 PM
1) He's definitely a steal for this year and next (age 28 and 29 seasons). After that he'll get the max under the current cap. Which is fine because he's worth it. Issue with him though is the fact that he stayed in college delays things. He's going to get a 4 year max at least. That will cover his age 30, 31, 32 and 33 seasons. That's not ideal. The fact he played his first NBA year at 22 instead of 19/20 like most guys hurts him here.

The very real possibility is that the backend of that deal results in paying max for a non-max player. Which isn't the worst thing in the world if you have max players who are truly worth it. Because if you don't have the actual max guys you end up stuck in that middle ground. So what I worry with Jimmy as a potential trade partner is that he's really got a 4 year window of being a true max player and if you can't surround him with the talent needed in that span, he might end up hurting you in the longer term. So I have to be very confident I can build a real title contender in the next season or two for him to be worth it. And if you're unloading a package of assets for one guy that becomes very difficult to do. That's why I think developing stars yourself and/or signing them in FA is much more efficient than trading for them. It just makes it easier to surround them with pieces. IMO you don't trade for your first or second star unless in rare circumstances. Better to trade once you already have two stars in place that way you know you'll have the starpower needed so losing all the trade assets won't hurt you.

2) It seems like Jimmy is on and off with coaches. I think in a title contending situation he'd be fine. I do worry a little about the role he'll have to accept. If he's playing with title contending caliber teammates he's going to need to take more of a backseat offensively. Less ball domination, more backdoor cuts and spot up shots along with an emphasis on his defensive skills (where he can be dominant). He's going to have to accept that. Is he cool being an 18 PPG guy? Because I think on a title contending team with offensive talent around him he might need to fall back to that.

In regards to coaches...Jimmy's only had two coaches in the NBA. One coach at one point won COY, and made the Bulls into a real contender in the East. Jimmy worked his *** off under Thibs because that's what he expected.

In regards to Hoiberg, it's clear none of the Vets on the Bulls respects him...it's because Hoiberg doesn't demand it.

And in regards to blowing off plays...

a scout with a rival team told Bleacher Report he's witnessed persistent episodes when Butler, Rondo and Wade have ignored plays Hoiberg has called.

"When Fred would call plays on the sideline, Rondo would just flat-out blow him off," said the scout, who spoke with Bleacher Report on the condition of anonymity. "Wade does it, too. Butler does it, too. ... That becomes infectious."

"Having scouted [Hoiberg] a bunch, you can see it. He's laid back, he's relaxed, and he's not going to rip into people. It doesn't seem like he has the respect of his entire team."

...belief in front office circles that the only reason Forman and Paxson entertained trade proposals for Butler was because dealing him would protect Hoiberg.

"Getting rid of Butler saves Fred's job," another person in the NBA coaching business said.

So before you call Butler a diva, look at the whole cluster**** started by our doofus VP and our moronic GM. (not you specifically patsfan)

hugepatsfan
05-30-2017, 04:10 PM
This doesn't involve the #1 pick but just an idea I threw together from rumors.

Marc Stein reporting DET is open to trading #12 for a win-now veteran. George Hill got moved for #12 in the last year of his deal. Bradley in the last year of his I'd say is comparable. They also want to improve their PG play on the defensive end I've read so Rozier can help.

The Bulls are supposedly very high on Crowder per the Jimmy Butler rumors. At 3 years left signed cheaply he has value. Maybe you could get #16 for him if CHI is serious about trying to win with their core. They have the cap to do this deal straight up. They also need a backup PG.

3 team trade:

BOS gives: G Avery Bradley, F Jae Crowder, G Terry Rozier
BOS gets: #12, #16

CHI gives: #16
CHI gets: F Jae Crowder, G Ish Smith

DET gives: #12, G Ish Smith
DET gets: G Avery Bradley, G Terry Rozier

Package #12 and #16 to the Knicks for #8 (they draft G Donovan Mitchell and F Justin Jackson - two guys they reportedly like per rumors). We get sharpshooter Lauri Markkanen at #8.

Bring Zizic over. Still stash Yabu overseas for one more year. We don't need the cap space now (though it helps to have a little extra) but his role would be limited so it'd be nice to delay his rookie contract one more year into the future when by the end of it Horford will be gone and there will likely be a bigger spot for him.

We head into FA with the following roster.

IT/Fultz
Smart
Brown
Markkanen
Horford/Zizic

That gives us the ability to sign Hayward to a max deal and then another player with a starting salary of $12,590,296. My pick is Dedmon from SA who addresses the desperate need for rebounding and rim protections. Then you use the room exception on a 3 and D wing like Thabo Sefolosha for the second unit.

IT/Fultz
Brown/Smart
Hayward/Sefolosha
Horford/Markkanen
Dedmon/Zizic

By the end of the season you switch Fultz and IT. If he's the real deal as everyone thinks and Brown continues his development then they should team with Hayward/Horford to be a beautiful ball movement offense with Dedmon cleaning up the boards and converting open looks inside. IT will be a dominant bench scorer and Markkanen should be a day 1 scorer as well. Those guys together will light up second units. Smart/Thabo will be great defensive guys to compliment them and hopefully Zizic can e a good rotational center.

Next year we have the BRK pick to hopefully add another high-end talent. Yabu will eventually come over, though he's sort of blocked until Horford's deal is up. By the end of his rookie deal though he'll for sure get his shot to play and play a lot.

6 guys in that 10 man rotation are new and 3 of them are rookies. So I expect growing pains. IT eventually transitioning back to the 6th man role will be a transition period as well. But I think he's such a great bench scorer he's worth paying a premium for in that role after the year (IMO he won't get a full max but about $25M/year). But long-term I think that if the young guys (Fultz, Brown, 2018 BRK pick) develop this could be a title contender.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-30-2017, 05:54 PM
Like I said a couple pages back draft Fultz. Then cross your fingers you land Hayward to go all in. Cause IT and Bradley are expiring contracts end of next season. Cause the window to either pay up or lose them or trade them is closing quick. You almost need Fultz as insurance if over paying IT isn't in the plans.

JordansBulls
05-31-2017, 07:15 PM

How so? He locks up Lebron soo badly.

LOb0
06-01-2017, 02:31 PM
How so? He locks up Lebron soo badly.

As a Celts rep. No thanks. You had your chance at the deadline for that pick.

BKLYNpigeon
06-01-2017, 02:56 PM
They should just trade back like they always do. keep collecting assets and stay mediocre.

LOb0
06-01-2017, 03:02 PM
They should just trade back like they always do. keep collecting assets and stay mediocre.

East finals, top 4 team in the league, with number 1 pick. Yet "Mediocre"

hugepatsfan
06-01-2017, 03:06 PM
If I recall correctly the last time they traded back was 2011. Moved up for Olynyk in 2014 but otherwise have stayed at their picks as long as I can remember.

hugepatsfan
06-01-2017, 03:07 PM

I mean, everyone but GS and CLE/SA are mediocre (at best) in the NBA. Comparatively yeah the BOS I guess is at the top of the league but that don't mean ****. They're a ways off from those top 3. Long way to go for BOS to get to the top.

BKLYNpigeon
06-01-2017, 03:34 PM

Yea sure, but after GSW-CLE the Talent Gap is massive.

hugepatsfan
06-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Yea sure, but after GSW-CLE the Talent Gap is massive.

I think it's more like after GS the talent gap is massive down to CLE. With SA close behind CLE. Then a pretty big step down to everyone else. CLE looks so far ahead of everyone in the East because there isn't even a single other player besides Lebron that's good enough to be #1 on a title team. Maybe Wall, maybe PG. But both teams have crap around them so it's moot.

BKLYNpigeon
06-01-2017, 04:00 PM
Boston should keep the pick and Draft Fultz or whatever.

Trade next years Nets pick + 28th pick + filler for a Paul George rental (pray for him to stay)