PDA

View Full Version : Lakers should pass on Ball at #2, take Fox instead.

TylerSL
05-17-2017, 04:49 PM
Honestly Magic should just avoid the headache of the BBB and take somebody else. De'Aaron Fox is a better athlete, defender, ball handler, and overall floor general where Ball has better court vision and is a better shooter and passer. I believe both will become future All-Stars and go onto have great careers, but Fox is the better player IMHO.

On top of that Ball brings the MTV reality drama with him, so I think Magic and the Lakers would really make the better choice if they went with De'Aaron Fox at #2.

FlashBolt
05-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Lonzo is immensely better than Fox. He can also shoot the ball. I like Fox for his fearlessness in attacking the basket but this guy can't shoot and that's something you gotta have as a guard these days.

DanG
05-17-2017, 04:58 PM
Nope, Fox would be another player that would try to get his, but with Ball everything comes together. Russell, Ingram, Randle, Clarkson all become better players. Also, at the end of the day it's a business and Lonzo would help them sell tons of tickets. Fox is a good player with a big heart though, he just isn't the greatest fit I believe. Too bad he can't shoot, would've loved to see him on the Sixers alongside Simmons & Embiid.

LA4life24/8
05-17-2017, 05:03 PM
Actually apparently the lakers are trying to get em in a workout together... for a fight to the death! Winner doesnt have to go to the 76ers heh heh ( just kidding 6er fans <3)

But really lakers arent 100% sold on ball. And JJ is still very viable at that spot. Unless Celts take him doubtful, in which case lakers would take fultz.

mrblisterdundee
05-17-2017, 05:37 PM
Fox is the better defender, but Ball and Russell give the Lakers a combined 12-foot-9-inch-tall back court with 14 feet in wingspan and two players who can run the offense, get to the cup and drill more than 40 percent from three. Develop Ball, Russell and Ingram that's 19 feet, 6 inches in height and 21 feet in wingspan into good defenders, and the Lakers have the core of a long-term contender.

TylerSL
05-17-2017, 05:58 PM
It's the Lakers mistake to make honestly

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2017, 06:03 PM
Actually apparently the lakers are trying to get em in a workout together... for a fight to the death! Winner doesnt have to go to the 76ers heh heh ( just kidding 6er fans <3)

But really lakers arent 100% sold on ball. And JJ is still very viable at that spot. Unless Celts take him doubtful, in which case lakers would take fultz.

This and you gotta love it! Magic is really trying to set up Fox and Ball to warm up and play against each other.

Gibby23
05-17-2017, 06:14 PM
Big Ballers don't take Fox over Ball. Come on now.

Aust
05-17-2017, 09:28 PM
Or Jackson

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2017, 09:43 PM
Big Ballers don't take Fox over Ball. Come on now.

:hi5:

TylerSL
05-17-2017, 09:48 PM
Or Jackson

I agree that Jackson should be in the conversation but I believe Ingram will develop well in the next season or two and the Lakers could really use a true floor general, which is what Fox is.

Gibby23
05-17-2017, 09:54 PM
I agree that Jackson should be in the conversation but I believe Ingram will develop well in the next season or two and the Lakers could really use a true floor general, which is what Fox is.

The kid from Westwood is the best floor general in the draft and the best from the last few drafts.

Bostonjorge
05-17-2017, 09:57 PM
You gotta go Ball. A PG who's actually looking to pass first and don't turn the ball over. What's not to like about Ball's plays style?

Aust
05-17-2017, 09:59 PM

Why do we need a true floor general? Russell, Ingram and even Jackson can pass it well and all three plus Randle can bring the ball up. Jackson/Ingram potential at the 2/3 spot on both ends of the floor could be special.

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2017, 10:00 PM

:laugh2: ok I know this is your Thread but you're done.

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2017, 10:01 PM
Why do we need a true floor general? Russell, Ingram and even Jackson can pass it well and all three plus Randle can bring the ball up. Jackson/Ingram potential at the 2/3 spot on both ends of the floor could be special.

-_-

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2017, 10:04 PM
You gotta go Ball. A PG who's actually looking to pass first and don't turn the ball over. What's not to like about Ball's plays style?

Brother! Idk! Let them come again! We're reaching relevancy and importance again!

Scoots
05-17-2017, 10:26 PM
Ball is a better floor general than Fox ... by a lot. Both have shot issues, Fox is WAY left dominant and has an inconsistent shot.

I would pass on Ball just because of his Dad. If the Lakers get good they will get offered a HUGE team sponsorship from some apparel company, but LaVar could scare them away. The team will have to be dealing with his crap all the time. They are trying to build a TEAM atmosphere, and LaVar is all about LaVar.

Gibby23
05-17-2017, 10:32 PM
Ball is a better floor general than Fox ... by a lot. Both have shot issues, Fox is WAY left dominant and has an inconsistent shot.

I would pass on Ball just because of his Dad. If the Lakers get good they will get offered a HUGE team sponsorship from some apparel company, but LaVar could scare them away. The team will have to be dealing with his crap all the time. They are trying to build a TEAM atmosphere, and LaVar is all about LaVar.

Lakers are a way bigger brand than Lavar. And companies don't have to wait for the Lakers to get good to offer them sponsorship deals. They are still the top NBA brand worldwide and they still do great in apparel. Lakers arr b bigger than Lavar ball.

People and the BS they type to look smart. Lol

Jeffy25
05-17-2017, 11:18 PM
If you think Ball's dad wouldn't slow sponsorship considerations, you are crazy.

Nobody wants anything to do with that lunatic.

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2017, 11:20 PM
Lakers are a way bigger brand than Lavar. And companies don't have to wait for the Lakers to get good to offer them sponsorship deals. They are still the top NBA brand worldwide and they still do great in apparel. Lakers arr b bigger than Lavar ball.

:hi5:

Scoots
05-17-2017, 11:36 PM

The Laker's merch sales have fallen WAY off. They used to be #1 by a huge margin, last I checked they were down to 5th. And I can easily see apparel companies having an issue with LaVar and his mouth if he won't shut up.

Gibby23
05-17-2017, 11:41 PM
If you think Ball's dad wouldn't slow sponsorship considerations, you are crazy.

Nobody wants anything to do with that lunatic.

Not true. After last night they want more to do with him, if he is a Laker it will be even more. He has played this perfectly. If the Lakers lost the pick, he would be screwed. Even the ESPN business guy said it was a smart business model and price point and said the perfect storm would be for him to end up a Laker and then the big companies will come back to the table.

Gibby23
05-17-2017, 11:43 PM
The Laker's merch sales have fallen WAY off. They used to be #1 by a huge margin, last I checked they were down to 5th. And I can easily see apparel companies having an issue with LaVar and his mouth if he won't shut up.

5th is not because of Lavar. Lavar is everywhere right now. If Ball is a good player companies will do business. They don't let hate get in the way if cashing out.

Teeboy1487
05-17-2017, 11:53 PM
Offensively, I think Lonzo Ball would be a great fit with the Lakers. His prowess in transition would do wanders for this team. Playing at such a fast pace will only give more opportunities for players like Ingram, Randle, and Russell. I think a Russell and Ball backcourt would be awesome offensively. Ball will struggle in the half court sets though. However, Ball was one of the best cutting PGs in the NCAA last year. Russell can easily find him in half court sets. Randle as well. If the Lakers draft Ball, ball movement and passing should not be a problem. I also wonder can his funky shot release translate to the NBA? I also do have concerns with Russell and Ball penetrating to the hoop. Both have lackluster first steps and both rely on pick and rolls to penetrate to the bucket.

Defensively, Ball struggles against physical PGs and quicker PGs. Russell may be more adept at handling those assignments which he is not great at as well. Ball will probably guard 2s, but I would not look forward to a James Harden matchup or a Demar Derozan matchup if Ball is drafted by the Lakers. Perimeter defense is my biggest concern and I hope both Ball and Russell can improve on that aspect of the game. Ball may need to add a little more strength for guarding 2s.

For me, I'm fine with the Lakers drafting Ball. I think he will make everyone around him better. Look how much better the UCLA team was compared to the prior year he was not there. I can say I'm intrigued with Lonzo Ball. Lavar will be Lavar. I'm not worried about him.