PDA

View Full Version : Ads on Jerseys

TrueFan420
05-16-2017, 06:27 PM
Looks like the Cavs are the first to make a deal to have an ad. It's the good year logo. Thoughts?

Raps18-19 Champ
05-16-2017, 06:59 PM
This is fantastic for the league and the players.

bleedprple&gold
05-16-2017, 07:01 PM
Absolutely incredible!

FOXHOUND
05-16-2017, 07:05 PM
Keep it small and limited to one sponsor per team and I don't see any issues with it. I think soccer level ads would be really obnoxious and the NBA makes enough money to not need that nonsense. Other teams have signed on too, I forgot which ones.

STRIKERC
05-16-2017, 07:09 PM
Looks like the Cavs are the first to make a deal to have an ad. It's the good year logo. Thoughts?

Not that it matters but the Cavs are not the first. A few teams have signed deals like a year ago with Sixers being the first to sign an advertisement deal. I love the Celtic ad.

As a soccer fan, i have no problem with ads on Jerseys.

LOb0
05-16-2017, 07:14 PM
I completely hate this for the record. Whoring out ads on the jerseys.

JasonJohnHorn
05-16-2017, 07:23 PM
I'm fine as long as it isn't distracting.

With cable deals likely to go south in the next ten years, the league has to find a new business model for broadcasting. In the mean time, they might as well figure out how to maximize ad revenue.

Big Zo
05-17-2017, 11:21 AM
It starts with a small patch, but will evolve to watching the Miami Burger Kings vs Chicago Best Buys. I hate it. NBA was always about keeping even the uniform manufacturer logo invisible, and now they're about to become Nascar/Soccer.

ManRam
05-17-2017, 11:28 AM
Don't care one bit.

Rivera
05-17-2017, 12:17 PM
It starts with a small patch, but will evolve to watching the Miami Burger Kings vs Chicago Best Buys. I hate it. NBA was always about keeping even the uniform manufacturer logo invisible, and now they're about to become Nascar/Soccer.

hmm i didnt know manchester united was manchester chevy united or Barcelona was Barcelona Unicef or Real Madrid was Real Fly Emetres Madrid

It will be fine and you probably will barely notice it

TrueFan420
05-17-2017, 12:25 PM
Not that it matters but the Cavs are not the first. A few teams have signed deals like a year ago with Sixers being the first to sign an advertisement deal. I love the Celtic ad.

As a soccer fan, i have no problem with ads on Jerseys.

Didn't know that. The article I saw insinuated the Cavs were the first to do it. Yea I don't have a problem with it either. But I would like for it to be just one. I don't want to see 10-15 different logos all over the jersey.

Scoots
05-17-2017, 12:55 PM
Anybody who didn't see this coming hasn't been watching TV sports over the last 40 years.

Look at images of 1964 Formula 1 and the only markings on the cars were country markings, manufacturer/team markings, numbers, and driver name. In 1965 sponsors start to show up, small stickers/names, nothing much. By 1970 cars were being painted for the main sponsor and many cars were covered by markings. Over time team names were changed to include sponsors, clothing, helmets, the track itself gets ads.

I'm not surprised and I'm not against it as long as I can ignore it. If they put flashing LED signage on the players I'll complain.

Big Zo
05-17-2017, 01:22 PM
hmm i didnt know manchester united was manchester chevy united or Barcelona was Barcelona Unicef or Real Madrid was Real Fly Emetres Madrid

It will be fine and you probably will barely notice it
That's what they all look like to me.