PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Beal: Will he ever become ELITE?

kobe4thewinbang
05-16-2017, 02:35 PM
People say he's shown flashes of having that otherworldly shooting ability like we've seen more reliably with Steph Curry & Klay Thompson, Damian Lillard & C.J. McCollum, and Devin Booker.

Beal had 38 points in Game 7 last night, and Stephen A. Smith called him the "120 million dollar man." I think he 'showed up' enough last night; if anything, John Wall under-performed from a shooting perspective and arguably from a distribution perspective by not feeding the hot Beal more in the 3rd quarter, and of course that horrid bench effort by the Wizards.

So do you see Beal, let's say next season, start showcasing his shooting ability more reliably and consistently? Or do you think it's more likely that his contract will look like a mistake once it's done?

Granted, guys the Trail Blazers signed did not live up to those mammoth contracts either, so Beal is a better choice than those fellas, but other than last night, he didn't really show up much in the playoffs.

You also have to remember that Wall & Beal had some friction early on and people were whispering trade talk until they seemingly got it together this season in a turnaround showing, with Wall having some nice moments.

WaDe03
05-16-2017, 05:24 PM
He's headed in the right direction.

mrblisterdundee
05-16-2017, 08:44 PM
The only think significantly separating Beal and Thompson at this point is health.

Heediot
05-16-2017, 09:02 PM
Beal is another example of why I think Klay's offense is over-rated, his handles are weak which hinders his ability to create his own shot against tighter playoff defenses.

FlashBolt
05-17-2017, 12:10 AM
Idk about Elite but he's definitely playing better than Klay. He's an all-star player, for sure.

Aust
05-17-2017, 01:51 AM
I can't believe he's only 23. Feels like he's been around longer.

PurpleLynch
05-17-2017, 04:46 AM
Beal will be 24 in June, give him two more years and he will be a complete player. If he can stay healthy, him and Wall are a top 3 backcourt duo in the Nba imo.

KnicksorBust
05-17-2017, 07:46 AM
I like Beal more than Derozan. He's not ELITE but he's an all-star.

IndyRealist
05-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Beal's been overrated here in the past but he took a big leap this year in both minutes and efficiency. I'm leaning toward that being due to finally having a healthy season, rather than an outlier. Still not worth $120 million.