PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference Finals Series Thread: Celtics (1) vs Cavs (2) Cavs win 4-1

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

kdspurman
05-15-2017, 11:22 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/nvbcyf.gif

http://i66.tinypic.com/nf2rns.gifVS.http://i66.tinypic.com/25uqj4y.gif

All games in EST

Game 1:Wednesday, May 17, 8:30 p.m.: Cavaliers at Celtics TNT

Game 2:Friday, May 19, 8:30 p.m.: Cavaliers vs. Celtics TNT

Game 3:Sunday, May 21, 8:30 p.m.: Celtics at Cavaliers TNT

Game 4:Tuesday, May 23, 8:30 p.m.: Celtics at Cavaliers TNT

Game 5:*Thursday, May 25, 8:30 p.m.: Cavaliers at Celtics TNT

Game 6:*Saturday, May 27, 8:30 p.m.: Celtics at Cavaliers TNT

Game 7:*Monday, May 29, 8:30 p.m.: Cavaliers at Celtics TNT

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/222/thumbs/428.gif

C: Tristan Thompson
PF: Kevin Love
SF: LeBron James
SG: JR Smith
PG: Kyrie Irving

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/213/thumbs/nzluyptlwczf3ks24chjx3fnr.gif

C: Al Horford
PF: Amir Johnson
SF: Jae Crowder
SG: Avery Bradley
PG: Isaiah Thomas

Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland

http://i64.tinypic.com/dpg48h.jpg

TD Garden, Boston

http://i65.tinypic.com/2dl3zt3.jpg

chi-townlove1
05-15-2017, 11:30 PM
As usual, Lebron is the X factor. The big men will wash each other out, except for TT outrebounding the Boston Bigs. Avery is a bit better than JR. Kyrie is better than IT, but IT has that swagger going right now. Crowder is gonna have to put his big boy pants on and force Lebron to defer. Doubt that happens. Cavs in 5

lol, please
05-15-2017, 11:38 PM
Celtics in 6. Heard it here first boyos.

WaDe03
05-15-2017, 11:40 PM
Cavs in 5.

I'm pulling for the Cavs to win it all with the Bulls out but I'm hoping Boston can make this an interesting series. I don't see it though.

The 2nd round was boring for the most part and the WCF will be boring now that Kawhi is injured so this is the only hope.

WaDe03
05-15-2017, 11:42 PM
The Celtics need Horford to continue to play solid ball, not sure he can against the Cavs, his first 2 matchups favored him greatly.

2-5 vs healthy teams so their only hope is an injury to LeBron. He's just too good and the Cavs are healthy (knock on wood).

hugepatsfan
05-15-2017, 11:58 PM
I want to believe but I just can't. I think BOS takes one at home but that's it. Hope I'm wrong though - Celtics are very fun to watch. They obviously need some top talent but they need to keep the grit in tact because none of the top talent we get will he CLE or GS level so we need to make it up somehow. These guys just play so ****ing hard. They come at you like wild dawgs all game and it can wear teams down. Even IT who we all know sucks on D hounds you, he's just east to shoot over.

lol, please
05-16-2017, 12:01 AM
I want to believe but I just can't. I think BOS takes one at home but that's it. Hope I'm wrong though - Celtics are very fun to watch. They obviously need some top talent but they need to keep the grit in tact because none of the top talent we get will he CLE or GS level so we need to make it up somehow. These guys just play so ****ing hard. They come at you like wild dawgs all game and it can wear teams down. Even IT who we all know sucks on D hounds you, he's just east to shoot over.

How HYPED would you be for a Celtics/Warriors Finals?

I have a buddy out here from Boston, I know he'd be getting LOUD!!!!!

:drunk:

hugepatsfan
05-16-2017, 12:03 AM
How HYPED would you be for a Celtics/Warriors Finals?

I have a buddy out here from Boston, I know he'd be getting LOUD!!!!!

:drunk:

The city of Boston would be lit as **** lol. People here ****ing love this team. Most are reasonable about how good they really are but everyone just enjoys watching them 100%.

lol, please
05-16-2017, 12:06 AM
The city of Boston would be lit as **** lol. People here ****ing love this team. Most are reasonable about how good they really are but everyone just enjoys watching them 100%.

Hard not to, right? Fun team to watch in current form, historic team with many past greats, never out of contention for long like the Lakers or Rockets.

:cheers:

FlashBolt
05-16-2017, 12:22 AM
Every Cleveland fan wanted Boston to win. Boston will be too exhausted defending so Isaiah will score and only Isaiah. LeBron will eat Crowder up. They'll put Smart and Brown on LeBron but it's a mismatch so LeBron will get the shooters more shots. It's over. Cavs in 5. Maybe 6 if LeBron doesn't wake up and show up to the game.

LOb0
05-16-2017, 12:23 AM
The Celtics need Horford to continue to play solid ball, not sure he can against the Cavs, his first 2 matchups favored him greatly.

2-5 vs healthy teams so their only hope is an injury to LeBron. He's just too good and the Cavs are healthy (knock on wood).

Lmao he's so salty the Balls choked away that 2-0 lead he keeps throwing that useless stat up there. The Celtics were cold shooting the first two games. Washed up Rondo wasn't the reason. He sure wouldn't of helped that beat down on the Bulls home floor in game 6.

FlashBolt
05-16-2017, 12:33 AM
Al Horford doesn't know how to play vs LeBron. His averages in the playoffs (10 games) is 10/4/2. Going to Boston hasn't helped him much in those four games. He simply doesn't match up well when LeBron makes him guard the perimeter. They also know how to make him useless by clogging the paint. Horford won't play like this against the Cavs. Neither will Bradley. I think Cavs shooting will easily win them this series.

FlashBolt
05-16-2017, 12:35 AM
LeBron's averages vs Boston:

30/7/7 50% shooting.

LOb0
05-16-2017, 12:38 AM
LeBron's averages vs Boston:

30/7/7 50% shooting.

An even worse issue is Cavs have good rebounders that are going to destroy the Celtics on the glass.

Not only is this a talent advantage for the Cavs, but a match up one as well. They also have Shumpert who's always guarded IT well.

FlashBolt
05-16-2017, 12:42 AM
An even worse issue is Cavs have good rebounders that are going to destroy the Celtics on the glass.

Not only is this a talent advantage for the Cavs, but a match up one as well. They also have Shumpert who's always guarded IT well.

Yup. TT will be a monster this series. You guys are too undersized as it is. Doesn't help that Horford can't rebound. Love should dominate this series. He needs to get that confidence in before they play Warriors.

hugepatsfan
05-16-2017, 12:50 AM
Yeah Horford is great at so many things but rebounding ain't one of them lol. Love/TT is a dynamic duo in that area so can't imagine he keeps up.

Looking at his last two years vs CLE and the shooting percentage as a whole is pretty good actually. And in ATL he certainly didn't have an IT to run the PnR with. I think scoring wise he'll continue to give his vety efficient 15-20 with exceptional passing but he's gonna get ambushed on the boards.

Bostonjorge
05-16-2017, 01:04 AM
Crowder is the Key match up. Always plays better when the spot light is on. Don't get any brighter then guarding Lebron.

hugepatsfan
05-16-2017, 01:08 AM
Crowder is the Key match up. Always plays better when the spot light is on. Don't get any brighter then guarding Lebron.

Lebron is gonna take his lunch money and stuff him in a locker. Crowder is a good defender but people blimp him in with Bradley/Smart and it's wrong. He isn't elite. I wouldn't even say he's great. He's very good. That's it. And lebron feasts on just "very good"

HandsOnTheWheel
05-16-2017, 01:29 AM
I think IT gets absolutely picked apart by the Cavs in this series. Easily one of the worst defenders in the league as it is.

akagiredsuns
05-16-2017, 02:14 AM
Lol Boston is the worst 1 seed I ever seen in a playoff. Would've been swept by the bulls if not for Rondo getting hurt. And allowed wizards to force a game 7 on a wall miracle shot. No killer instinct. Cavs are gonna be rested and poised and possibly the first team in NBA history to go 12-0 into the NBA finals. Given the matchups where does anyone see the Cavs having a letdown in this series? It's gonna be Cavs warriors 3 and even the dubs depending on kawhi status might also go into the finals 12-0. Boston is just terrible. LeBron will run circles around Crowder all series long. 7th straight finals appearance for LBJ barring an unforeseen circumstance.

aman_13
05-16-2017, 02:28 AM
I didn't think the Cavs were that strong in Toronto. They were a different team on the road and yes they closed out both games 3 and 4 like they should have, but they were winnable games for the Raps.

If the Celtics can score against the Cavs which I think they will, they have a chance to make this a series.

I will say Cavs in 6, if the Celtics win one of the first two games.

LOb0
05-16-2017, 02:34 AM

Brah.....

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 04:14 AM
cavs in 7... I think their team defense and depth will be a problem for the cavs... Kyrie needs to be kyrie or this will be a problem

JAZZNC
05-16-2017, 04:41 AM
We've heard a lot of **** "first" from you...mostly completely wrong. Don't think this BS prediction is gonna be any different.

Cavs in 5. TT is gonna beast on the boards, LeBron is gonna curb stomp these guys, and Kyrie is gonna have his way with IT although they probably try to hide him elsewhere. I do kinda feel like this is a tough matchup for Love though, they have the guys to guard him but between he and Thompson they have a HUGE rebounding advantage. Should be over fairly quickly.

Lil Rhody
05-16-2017, 05:06 AM
Cavs in six. I think the Celtics take 1 and 5

On the bright side we get the #1 pick

KnicksorBust
05-16-2017, 07:50 AM
I think IT gets absolutely picked apart by the Cavs in this series. Easily one of the worst defenders in the league as it is.

But can't they hide him on Shumpert or JR? If they want to jack 3's over him he can at least get a hand-up and neither one of them is really going to abuse him in the paint. I think this whole "just abuse IT" thing throws teams off. Those last few games of the Bulls series where they kept repeating trying to run PnR with Butler to get an IT switch just made their offense so predictable and stagnant. I don't think "IT getting abused" is going to be the reason why the Cavs win the series.

KnicksorBust
05-16-2017, 07:51 AM
For the record I still think Boston puts up a fight here and would not be shocked to see this go the distance. There is no reason for me to change my pre-season prediction of Cavs-Warriors Finals rematch (I really went out on a limb I know lol) but I'm a huge fan of Brad Stevens and I don't see them being a push-over here. Hopefully that isn't just wishful thinking because I want some more entertaining playoff games.

warfelg
05-16-2017, 08:16 AM
Cavs in 5. I think the Washington series took too much from Boston in both a physical and emotion capacity. I got Boston winning game 1 riding on the high from the win though.

bostncelts34
05-16-2017, 08:29 AM
I think Boston wins 1 game and by some MIRACLE maybe 2. Cle is just better than them but the Celtics gritty play will steal them a game or 2. I have enjoyed watching the C's all year and this series will be a nice barometer for exactly how far away from the cavs we are in terms of continuing to build our team with draft/young or putting all the chips in the basket next year.

On that note- Hoping those ping pong balls go our way tonight!

WaDe03
05-16-2017, 09:35 AM
Lmao he's so salty the Balls choked away that 2-0 lead he keeps throwing that useless stat up there. The Celtics were cold shooting the first two games. Washed up Rondo wasn't the reason. He sure wouldn't of helped that beat down on the Bulls home floor in game 6.

So you think the games play out the same way if Rondo isn't swapped for Grant and MCW? There's a reason you guys were getting locked up and it has to do with the Bulls.

prodigy
05-16-2017, 09:47 AM

No we didn't. people been doubting Cleveland teams forever lol. Warriors were suppose to beat Cleveland last year, Cavs were gonna lose a couple games to the pacers then lose series to Raptors etc... heard it all. Lets just enjoy some great basketball.

hugepatsfan
05-16-2017, 09:49 AM
No we didn't. people been doubting Cleveland teams forever lol. Warriors were suppose to beat Cleveland last year, Cavs were gonna lose a couple games to the pacers then lose series to Raptors etc... heard it all. Lets just enjoy some great basketball.

True. It's been amazing the way CLE has defied the odds with everyone picking against them in every game of every series this year.

Green_Monster
05-16-2017, 10:27 AM
It's always so tough picking against your team but the Cavaliers are simply better. There's no way around that. I hope the Celtics can make a lot of the games close, but the Cavs probably end up winning in 5.

If the Celtics play their best basketball throughout the series I could see them pushing it to 6 and maybe even 7, but with a team that shoots a lot of 3's they're prone to off-nights.

WaDe03
05-16-2017, 10:29 AM
I think the Celtics take game 1.

cmellofan15
05-16-2017, 10:54 AM
Sweep.

LOb0
05-16-2017, 11:57 AM
So you think the games play out the same way if Rondo isn't swapped for Grant and MCW? There's a reason you guys were getting locked up and it has to do with the Bulls.

Yes. Celtics were simply off. You think Rondo would have changed that game 6 embarrassment?

WaDe03
05-16-2017, 12:10 PM
Yes. Celtics were simply off. You think Rondo would have changed that game 6 embarrassment?

I don't think any of the last 4 games play out the same if he plays. It's a completely different game with him in as opposed to Grant and MCW in style of play, toughness, experience, etc. that was part of the main reason we were running you all into the ground in game 2. They came out win unbelievable pace, grant and MCW couldn't hold it up.

Vee-Rex
05-16-2017, 12:11 PM
I wanted to say Cavs in 5 or 6, I really did... but I just think it's more likely to be in 4. I preferred to play Boston over Washington, even though their tendency to play super 'rough' worries me quite a bit.

I think TT and Love will feast on the boards more than they did all playoffs. TT has been getting more O and D rebounds than Robin Lopez and Lopez absolutely annihilated Boston there. Love typically has really good games against Boston because they don't have any defenders that can guard him inside.

Despite Kyrie stinking it up for much of the Toronto series, the Cavs still had the best offense in the playoffs. I think he'll have some good games vs. Boston as I don't believe any of their defenders (including one of my fav players in AB) defends him as well throughout an entire game as CoJo did - especially fighting over screens.

It's just a bad matchup for Boston. Pretty sure the Cavs are sporting the best Ortg in league history so far in these playoffs, while also putting up respectable defense. So Boston is gonna have to have a top notch shooting game to even have a chance to win one game. It's certainly possible, I just don't see a chance at winning 4 games at all.

LeBron usually has his teams ready. I doubt we come out sluggish game 1 and more rest have worked out better for us in the past. Soon I'll post what I think BOS needs to do to win the series.

WaDe03
05-16-2017, 12:15 PM
I wanted to say Cavs in 5 or 6, I really did... but I just think it's more likely to be in 4. I preferred to play Boston over Washington, even though their tendency to play super 'rough' worries me quite a bit.

I think TT and Love will feast on the boards more than they did all playoffs. TT has been getting more O and D rebounds than Robin Lopez and Lopez absolutely annihilated Boston there. Love typically has really good games against Boston because they don't have any defenders that can guard him inside.

Despite Kyrie stinking it up for much of the Toronto series, the Cavs still had the best offense in the playoffs. I think he'll have some good games vs. Boston as I don't believe any of their defenders (including one of my fav players in AB) defends him as well throughout an entire game as CoJo did - especially fighting over screens.

It's just a bad matchup for Boston. Pretty sure the Cavs are sporting the best Ortg in league history so far in these playoffs, while also putting up respectable defense. So Boston is gonna have to have a top notch shooting game to even have a chance to win one game. It's certainly possible, I just don't see a chance at winning 4 games at all.

LeBron usually has his teams ready. I doubt we come out sluggish game 1 and more rest have worked out better for us in the past. Soon I'll post what I think BOS needs to do to win the series.

You're more than likely right. I voted 5 just hoping for a series longer than a sweep. I think the Celtics best chance to take a game is game 1 but for the series they will be exposed.

Rain City
05-16-2017, 12:27 PM
cavs could easily sweep and not be a surprise but i say they do it in 6.

celts will get 1 for the brad stevens affect, and HCA.

celtNYpatsHeels
05-16-2017, 12:42 PM
Cavs in 3. I hear Rondo is returning for this series.

WaDe03
05-16-2017, 12:47 PM
Cavs in 3. I hear Rondo is returning for this series.

Fortunately for you, they didn't trade for him mid season like they wanted to.

PAOboston
05-16-2017, 12:49 PM
I'll say Cavs in 5. A sweep wouldn't surprise me and neither would 6 games. The playoffs at e wierd.

Think the C's catch the Cavs in Game 1 with Cleveland off for almost 2 weeks.

Honest truth is, C's playing with house money at this point. They overachieved and got the 1 seed with a 50+ win season and now are in ECF. Been a successful season year 4 into a rebuild.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

celtNYpatsHeels
05-16-2017, 12:55 PM
Fortunately for you, they didn't trade for him mid season like they wanted to.

Cavs are going to sweep the Celtics with or without Rondo. I have no illusions about that. The real win would be tonight if the Celtics can win the lotto.

I'm just breaking your balls. I actually think Rondo is underrated and is a big reason the Bulls collapsed.

The celtics have been a great story this year but Cleveland just has so much talent and so many experienced vets that the Celtics (nor any other team in the East this year) would be lucky to win 1 game

WaDe03
05-16-2017, 12:55 PM

LeBron has Celtics in 6 too lol, please. Nice trolling job by LeGOAT here.

WaDe03
05-16-2017, 12:57 PM
Cavs are going to sweep the Celtics with or without Rondo. I have no illusions about that. The real win would be tonight if the Celtics can win the lotto.

I'm just breaking your balls. I actually think Rondo is underrated and is a big reason the Bulls collapsed.

The celtics have been a great story this year but Cleveland just has so much talent and so many experienced vets that the Celtics (nor any other team in the East this year) would be lucky to win 1 game

No problem, I've been busting your alls balls since the 1st round, it's just too easy not to lol.

I agree that the Cavs win. I think you guys win 1, the world and Green Monster go crazy, and then the Cavs take the next 4.

LOb0
05-16-2017, 12:58 PM
I'll say Cavs in 5. A sweep wouldn't surprise me and neither would 6 games. The playoffs at e wierd.

Think the C's catch the Cavs in Game 1 with Cleveland off for almost 2 weeks.

Honest truth is, C's playing with house money at this point. They overachieved and got the 1 seed with a 50+ win season and now are in ECF. Been a successful season year 4 into a rebuild.

We'll see how good we're feeling after the lottery tonight.

Vee-Rex
05-16-2017, 01:18 PM
Offense - I got 3 steps for Boston's offense to succeed:

#1. No time to slow down for a puff, needs to be lots of passing. Boston will have to pass the ball well. There's a sequence to this:

A.) Cleveland, at some point, is gonna trap the **** out of Thomas, especially off the PnR. IT has to be able to get the ball to the roller. Paul George destroyed us with this and was able to pass to virtually any player on the court out of the trap. PG13 was truly a superstar on that court. DeRozan and Lowry struggled mightily with this, though DeRozan started using a 'rip-thru' technique to draw fouls in games 3 and 4.

B.) The roller has gotta be a good play-maker (passing or attacking) with the 4-on-3 situation.

Key note: There's is where LeBron is most dangerous, as he's usually playing like a roaming safety. His anticipation is off the charts. If IT passes to the roller, LeBron will be RIGHT THERE (allowing the rest of the defenders to play zone to try to gauge where the roller is gonna pass). I think Horford can excel at this with passing the ball to the right guy. Seraphin was horrible at this, while Turner was okay. Ibaka was okay, but Valanciunas was dominant. He was able to score over LeBron or whoever picked him up off the roll, and if someone else was cutting, he could dish it off.

DeRozan, at times, was a bit of outlier because he was almost a guaranteed bucket in ISO. He didn't need the PnR and so it sorta caused problems for Cleveland when we tried to double team him in ISO (he had so much more space to create and pass).

If IT can score in ISO very well, it'll help Boston so much. If he can only rely on the PnR, that offense is gonna get some turnovers.

C.) Whoever receives the ball from the roller may be open or may be faced with a sharp rotating defense. If this individual can play-make (attack or pass to the right guy), then the result should almost always be a good shot.

The above sequence is tough to execute flawlessly a high number of times. That's why the Cavs defense steps it up in the playoffs, because of how they use LeBron in a 'free safety' mode and how they force almost the entire opposing team to demonstrate the ability to play-make. GS excels at it but even they can end up with turnovers because of the sequence.

That's why ISO scoring is so unstoppable. GS lacked it last year and had to rely on a sequence of passes (amidst a dangerous, roaming LeBron James) on practically every half-court possession. Whereas now, they can hand it to Durant, clear out, and watch him score. This is especially essential during crucial moments, where turnovers can and will lose the game for you.

#2. Are you finding yourself open or semi-open? Knock them down, knock them down! Once, twice, thrice in a row if you gotta. It's not as easy as it sounds since the Cavs will undoubtedly force Boston's weaker shooters to beat them.

Cavs pretty much never gave Paul George open 3's, but they did give it to Myles Turner and Monta Ellis.
Cavs pretty much never gave Kyle Lowry open 3's or DeRozan open 2's, but 2Pat and PJ Tucker had plenty of open looks.

Smart is shooting well from 3 in the playoffs but he's usually an unreliable shooter. Crowder shot nearly 40% from 3 in the regular season but he hasn't shot that well in the playoffs thus far. Marcus Smart and Jae Crowder - you guys gotta knock 'em down, boys.

#3. We're all in IT's world. Bruh, you gotta show everyone what you're made of. You're the David to LeBron's Goliath, and you gotta be able to assert your authority in a game where LeBron is gonna make his presence known, and Kyrie is liable to put up 30+ at any point. This is where Lowry failed in games 1 and 2 of the Cavs/Raps series. While he didn't play bad at all (he shot well), he was basically just another guy on the court waiting for his opportunity.

Isaiah's gonna have to be a force and cause the Cavs defense to adjust and adjust. He's gonna have to warp the Cavs defense the way PG13 and DeRozan did, except execute much better than DeRozan did.

Tyronn Lue emphasizes taking away the opponent's best weapon(s), even at the cost of opening up some other ones. That's like his gospel. It's difficult for teams to maintain a consistent offense when he's focusing on taking away their best tactic, and it's even more difficult for those teams to find an adjustment that allows them to keep up with the high-octane scoring of the Cavs offense.

Plenty of people have said it before - Boston's gonna have to shoot very, very well and likely from guys who aren't usually known to be terrific shooters to win this series.

PAOboston
05-16-2017, 01:40 PM
We'll see how good we're feeling after the lottery tonight.
I don't really look at it like that. They will have a top 4 pick no matter what they do. That's still amazing. #1 pick would legit be cherry on top for this season.

Green_Monster
05-16-2017, 02:02 PM
No problem, I've been busting your alls balls since the 1st round, it's just too easy not to lol.

I agree that the Cavs win. I think you guys win 1, the world and Green Monster go crazy, and then the Cavs take the next 4.

I already called the Cavs in 5, bud. I've had that predication (ECF: Cavs beat Celtics in 5) since before the playoffs started.

I don't think you've been right once though so I don't blame you for trying to direct the attention to other people. Actually a decent move if you weren't already exposed.

IKnowHoops
05-16-2017, 02:04 PM
I know I already voted in this thread's poll for the Celtics to win in 6 (since I was feeling very idealistic) about my favorite NBA team startling the Lebron-Goliath Cavs, but truthfully, I think that the Celtics have the season-background and the teamplay-spirit to pull together the necessary tourney 'grit' and heartbeat to squeak out a 7 game shocker over LeBron's Cavs.

Call me idealistic, but there's something about a darling season that just (every now and then) has the necessary spark to give an upstart team (this is the first outstanding Celtics season in God knows how long) the inspiration to march through the tourney.

The Celtics are coming off a tough 7 game victory over the Wizards and a late triumph over the Bulls after dropping the first two games, so there's nothing *procedural* that says Boston can't yank out a 7-game 'lucky-charm' from LeBron's Cavs dungeon...

Also, isn't it intriguing what sports and media can do for a city and its culture?

I might just buy a vintage copy of Lakers vs. Celtics (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakers_versus_Celtics_and_the_NBA_Playoffs) or Reindeer Games (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reindeer_Games) to enjoy 'Affleck-esque' Boston-related artistry for my birthday this year (lucky June 13)!

Bostonians relished in the happy-men of the Celtics this year and remembered the days of Russell, Bird, and Pierce...

Got nothing but love for this post, but this is a great example of a Homer post. Everything tells you that the Celtics will loose, but your love shines through and counters everything with happy fairytale endings...basically things that will not happen. LOL, unless Bron goes down, or Love, Kyrie, TT and Deron, Celts got no chance in this one. No chance at all. I dont even have to think about the matchups. Playoff Bron is way to much to deal with and will always tip the scales against any team. Its as easy as 1,2,3. Its math.

Playoff Lebron + (Good Cast) = NBA Finals...Always!

hugepatsfan
05-16-2017, 02:06 PM
Offense - I got 3 steps for Boston's offense to succeed:

#1. No time to slow down for a puff, needs to be lots of passing. Boston will have to pass the ball well. There's a sequence to this:

A.) Cleveland, at some point, is gonna trap the **** out of Thomas, especially off the PnR. IT has to be able to get the ball to the roller. Paul George destroyed us with this and was able to pass to virtually any player on the court out of the trap. PG13 was truly a superstar on that court. DeRozan and Lowry struggled mightily with this, though DeRozan started using a 'rip-thru' technique to draw fouls in games 3 and 4.

B.) The roller has gotta be a good play-maker (passing or attacking) with the 4-on-3 situation.

Key note: There's is where LeBron is most dangerous, as he's usually playing like a roaming safety. His anticipation is off the charts. If IT passes to the roller, LeBron will be RIGHT THERE (allowing the rest of the defenders to play zone to try to gauge where the roller is gonna pass). I think Horford can excel at this with passing the ball to the right guy. Seraphin was horrible at this, while Turner was okay. Ibaka was okay, but Valanciunas was dominant. He was able to score over LeBron or whoever picked him up off the roll, and if someone else was cutting, he could dish it off.

DeRozan, at times, was a bit of outlier because he was almost a guaranteed bucket in ISO. He didn't need the PnR and so it sorta caused problems for Cleveland when we tried to double team him in ISO (he had so much more space to create and pass).

If IT can score in ISO very well, it'll help Boston so much. If he can only rely on the PnR, that offense is gonna get some turnovers.

C.) Whoever receives the ball from the roller may be open or may be faced with a sharp rotating defense. If this individual can play-make (attack or pass to the right guy), then the result should almost always be a good shot.

The above sequence is tough to execute flawlessly a high number of times. That's why the Cavs defense steps it up in the playoffs, because of how they use LeBron in a 'free safety' mode and how they force almost the entire opposing team to demonstrate the ability to play-make. GS excels at it but even they can end up with turnovers because of the sequence.

That's why ISO scoring is so unstoppable. GS lacked it last year and had to rely on a sequence of passes (amidst a dangerous, roaming LeBron James) on practically every half-court possession. Whereas now, they can hand it to Durant, clear out, and watch him score. This is especially essential during crucial moments, where turnovers can and will lose the game for you.

#2. Are you finding yourself open or semi-open? Knock them down, knock them down! Once, twice, thrice in a row if you gotta. It's not as easy as it sounds since the Cavs will undoubtedly force Boston's weaker shooters to beat them.

Cavs pretty much never gave Paul George open 3's, but they did give it to Myles Turner and Monta Ellis.
Cavs pretty much never gave Kyle Lowry open 3's or DeRozan open 2's, but 2Pat and PJ Tucker had plenty of open looks.

Smart is shooting well from 3 in the playoffs but he's usually an unreliable shooter. Crowder shot nearly 40% from 3 in the regular season but he hasn't shot that well in the playoffs thus far. Marcus Smart and Jae Crowder - you guys gotta knock 'em down, boys.

#3. We're all in IT's world. Bruh, you gotta show everyone what you're made of. You're the David to LeBron's Goliath, and you gotta be able to assert your authority in a game where LeBron is gonna make his presence known, and Kyrie is liable to put up 30+ at any point. This is where Lowry failed in games 1 and 2 of the Cavs/Raps series. While he didn't play bad at all (he shot well), he was basically just another guy on the court waiting for his opportunity.

Isaiah's gonna have to be a force and cause the Cavs defense to adjust and adjust. He's gonna have to warp the Cavs defense the way PG13 and DeRozan did, except execute much better than DeRozan did.

Tyronn Lue emphasizes taking away the opponent's best weapon(s), even at the cost of opening up some other ones. That's like his gospel. It's difficult for teams to maintain a consistent offense when he's focusing on taking away their best tactic, and it's even more difficult for those teams to find an adjustment that allows them to keep up with the high-octane scoring of the Cavs offense.

Plenty of people have said it before - Boston's gonna have to shoot very, very well and likely from guys who aren't usually known to be terrific shooters to win this series.

Great stuff. Love the actual baksetball breakdown. One wrinkle BOS used that I think could cause CLE some issues is the Horford/IT PnR we used against WAS with Horford as the ball handler. I think it could throw off some of the schemes/traps you guys are sure to use on IT. Combine it with some off balls screens to get Bradley open looks and it could throw off Lebron's ability to be the roamer you talk about.

Off ball movement to get open looks will be key. Stevens is gonna have to really draw some stuff up for us to have a shot to score consistently.

Vee-Rex
05-16-2017, 02:33 PM
Great stuff. Love the actual baksetball breakdown. One wrinkle BOS used that I think could cause CLE some issues is the Horford/IT PnR we used against WAS with Horford as the ball handler. I think it could throw off some of the schemes/traps you guys are sure to use on IT. Combine it with some off balls screens to get Bradley open looks and it could throw off Lebron's ability to be the roamer you talk about.

Off ball movement to get open looks will be key. Stevens is gonna have to really draw some stuff up for us to have a shot to score consistently.

Yep, agree 100%.

Off ball movement is the key to punching Cleveland's defense in the face. Kyrie sucks at defending that style of offense and our defenders can get confused easily. The confusion is why we struggle to defend Golden State.

I really love that Boston uses Horford at QB sometimes - he is a great passer and has the smarts to make the right play. That'll certainly give Cleveland some headaches. If executed very well then I could definitely see the series being extended.

WaDe03
05-16-2017, 02:49 PM
I already called the Cavs in 5, bud. I've had that predication (ECF: Cavs beat Celtics in 5) since before the playoffs started.

I don't think you've been right once though so I don't blame you for trying to direct the attention to other people. Actually a decent move if you weren't already exposed.

You're so smart!!!!

Green_Monster
05-16-2017, 02:55 PM
You're so smart!!!!

Attempt to call me out --> get proven wrong --> attempt to insult/troll me.

I swear it's a constant cycle with you.

hugepatsfan
05-16-2017, 03:01 PM
Yep, agree 100%.

Off ball movement is the key to punching Cleveland's defense in the face. Kyrie sucks at defending that style of offense and our defenders can get confused easily. The confusion is why we struggle to defend Golden State.

I really love that Boston uses Horford at QB sometimes - he is a great passer and has the smarts to make the right play. That'll certainly give Cleveland some headaches. If executed very well then I could definitely see the series being extended.

One thing that I think will make it tough to do against CLE is TT's ability to defend the perimeter. We saw it last year where he stepped out on Curry a lot. If you guys put Lebron on IT and TT on Horford and we run a switch, then I'm not sure IT against IT nor Horford against Lebron are huge mismatches we can exploit.

FOXHOUND
05-16-2017, 03:35 PM
Thompson is going to be a great matchup for Cleveland vs Horford, where as Washington and Chicago had no answer for him at C defensively. Boston's ball movement will be vital to getting the Cavs D to move but I don't think they can keep up with that firepower. Cavs in... 5? Really, wouldn't be shocked for a sweep either.

Ishkabibble
05-16-2017, 05:07 PM

Celtics are fun to watch but their run comes to a halt this round; would be pleased if they can take two games.
Still, reaching the ECF was a goal at the beginning of the season and that's where they are. And unlike Toronto and Washington, Ainge smartly did not unload their assets for a "quick fix" at the trade deadline. Their progress is right on pace with where you hoped it would be, IMO.
Winning a Game 7 and then winning the #1 overall pick tonite would be a well-spent 24 hours.

WaDe03
05-16-2017, 05:30 PM
Attempt to call me out --> get proven wrong --> attempt to insult/troll me.

I swear it's a constant cycle with you.

You've proven me wrong in nothing. I never said you predicted the Cavs to win. Good try though and no it wasn't an insult in any way. You were talking about your predictions being right and I acknowledged your knowledge.

Green_Monster
05-16-2017, 07:09 PM
You've proven me wrong in nothing. I never said you predicted the Cavs to win. Good try though and no it wasn't an insult in any way. You were talking about your predictions being right and I acknowledged your knowledge.

Ok buddy. :laugh2:

Al Horford is still shooting with historic (solid anyone?) efficiency 13 games in. What a playoffs he's had so far.

Heediot
05-16-2017, 09:26 PM
I want to change my vote to sweep. Celts just won the lottery, I think they will be content with the future vs. the present.

WaDe03
05-16-2017, 10:00 PM
Ok buddy. :laugh2:

Al Horford is still shooting with historic (solid anyone?) efficiency 13 games in. What a playoffs he's had so far.

Solid game 7 for him

Yanks All Day
05-17-2017, 10:40 AM
I don't see a matchup on the floor that benefits the Celtics. If Boston doesn't take Game 1 tonight, I don't think they take a game at all. Cleveland in 4.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-17-2017, 01:57 PM
Cavs in 5 or 6.

hugepatsfan
05-17-2017, 03:55 PM
I don't see a matchup on the floor that benefits the Celtics. If Boston doesn't take Game 1 tonight, I don't think they take a game at all. Cleveland in 4.

There is one. IT/Bradley/Crowder all better than JR Smith. With the defensive matchups (us putting Bradley on Kyrie, them maybe using Lebron on IT) it could be Smith vs. any of those 3 guys up and down the court. Obviously not enough but give us credit! lol

FlashBolt
05-17-2017, 04:57 PM
There is one. IT/Bradley/Crowder all better than JR Smith. With the defensive matchups (us putting Bradley on Kyrie, them maybe using Lebron on IT) it could be Smith vs. any of those 3 guys up and down the court. Obviously not enough but give us credit! lol

You're reaching there lmao. J.R. Smith isn't even the fifth best player on the team.

tbbyolumbatobby
05-17-2017, 05:58 PM
NBA Playoffs: LeBron James says Celtics fans are 'born with pump' | NBA

After a long layoff, LeBron James and the Cavaliers are finally set to play another game.

It's been more than a week since Cleveland swept the Raptors, forcing the Cavs to wait and watch the Celtics-Wizards series stretch to seven games. The Celtics prevailed, which means they are back in the Eastern Conference finals for the first time in five years.

NBA Playoffs: LeBron James says Celtics fans are 'born with pump' http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-playoffs-lebron-james-says-celtics-fans-are-born-with-pump/knzdm500kb90zjmgqei0tkxn

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Forever35
05-17-2017, 07:00 PM
The C's can steal a game maybe 2... They need to have that ridiculous shooting night, while the Cavs bench gives a dud or 2...

IKnowHoops
05-17-2017, 07:34 PM
Cavs sweep, maybe 5

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 08:34 PM
people arent realizing how good the celtics defense is and how the cavs rely on 3 point shooting and how streaky they can be... I think the celtics steal tonight and take 1 in cleveland and lose in 6... 25 percent chance it goes 7... cavs will win the series but people really underrate the celtics depth.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 08:38 PM
IT has passed up 3 lay ups so far for passing it out... i dont understand why. He had 3 wide open lay ups with just 1 man near rim... he makes them and gets hot this crowd goes crazy... he is harden passive right now in game 6 againsts spurs

FlashBolt
05-17-2017, 08:40 PM
k.love is bad... shudve traded this guy

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 08:41 PM
Boston gonna start boxing out or what? lol

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 08:42 PM
thats a good look from IT... Again he is only looking to pass... not gonna beat the cavs that way... He needs to be doing exactly what lebron is doing right now... lebron was fouled 3 times already... refs letting it go

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 08:43 PM
I wish the NBA had an alternate set of play by play guys... reggie ****ing blows.

FlashBolt
05-17-2017, 08:45 PM
I wish the NBA had an alternate set of play by play guys... reggie ****ing blows.

reggie is there because he's a tv personality. i like him. i hate hubie brown. he'll yap about anything.

FlashBolt
05-17-2017, 08:47 PM
every time kelly oly is there, i pray lebron love or kyrie stay away from him.

Vee-Rex
05-17-2017, 08:48 PM
Same here Flash

FOXHOUND
Can you choke in game 1? God damn, Boston lol.

PAOboston
C's not going to have a chance if they keep on missing wide open shots.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 08:49 PM
lebron is just unstoppable.

FOXHOUND
every time kelly oly is there, i pray lebron love or kyrie stay away from him.

LeBron should dunk him into oblivion.

kdspurman

The absolute worst. I like when they had Brent Barry doing TNT games. But pretty much everyone there > Reggie

Green_Monster
If the Celtics aren't going to hit wide open shots, they have no chance.

More-Than-Most
so how was that not a charge?... stopped/set/outside.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 08:50 PM
If the Celtics aren't going to hit wide open shots, they have no chance.

its pretty surprising... its not even good cavs defense... celtics are wide open.

tredigs
05-17-2017, 08:52 PM
Rested playoff Lebron is just a terrifying sight for defenses.

PAOboston
05-17-2017, 08:52 PM
its pretty surprising... its not even good cavs defense... celtics are wide open.
Live by the 3, die by the 3. It's been a common theme this season. Frustrating at times.

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 08:53 PM
Celtics aren't even taking advantage of the Cavs rust. I feel bad for them when the Cavs get into rhythm lol.

tredigs
05-17-2017, 08:53 PM
The shots will start dropping for the Celtics if this D continues. This game will tighten up.

Green_Monster
05-17-2017, 08:54 PM

It's why they'll probably only steal a game, maybe even two, but won't win the series. Too streaky on top of just being less talented.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 08:55 PM
i expected the cavs to be cold from 3..... but lebron is being lebron which i didnt expect in this game

Green_Monster
Celtics aren't even taking advantage of the Cavs rust. I feel bad for them when the Cavs get into rhythm lol.

What rust? They're shooting over 50% lol.

More-Than-Most
lebron is getting no call.... he should have had 3 and 1s already

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 08:56 PM
lol the celtics might need to send out a zaza on lebron right now.

archdevil84
05-17-2017, 08:58 PM
lebron is murdering the celtics bigs

tredigs
05-17-2017, 09:00 PM
Scratching my head a little at both defenses in that first quarter. The Cavs rotations and rebounding are just giving the Celtics way too many open looks, and the Celtics are committed to single teaming Lebron in a spread ISO. Why do they think they have the personnel to do that? He's going to murder them.

Vee-Rex
05-17-2017, 09:02 PM
We just gotta keep it up. Lue usually rests Bron at the end of the first but I guess he saw that he couldn't be stopped.

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 09:02 PM
What rust? They're shooting over 50% lol.

Exactly lol. They've been given a lot of space on D and haven't taken advantage of it. LeBron is playing around out there and had 15 points.

FlashBolt
05-17-2017, 09:03 PM
We just gotta keep it up. Lue usually rests Bron at the end of the first but I guess he saw that he couldn't be stopped.

yup. usually lebron out a few minutes before 1st ends and comes right in with the 2nd unit.

archdevil84
05-17-2017, 09:06 PM
marcus smart is such a stupid flopper. god i hate floppers so much

FlashBolt
05-17-2017, 09:06 PM
here it goes again. The stupid "let the smaller guy guard the much bigger guy so they can draw fouls" crap. cavs exploiting it. Refs know smart is a flopper. stupid decisions.

tredigs
05-17-2017, 09:07 PM
Not a good sign for the Celtics if the Cavs are going to gain ground in the ~6 or so minutes Lebron will sit out tonight.

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 09:07 PM
Love going to town now lol.

FlashBolt
05-17-2017, 09:12 PM
IT vs LeBron. This is why I hate when people call anyone a superstar these days...

LA_Raiders
05-17-2017, 09:12 PM
Celts are going to get swept. Wash was a better match up, too bad they ****ed up.

PAOboston
05-17-2017, 09:14 PM
Celts are going to get swept. Wash was a better match up, too bad they ****ed up.
They didn't **** up. They got beat.

tredigs
05-17-2017, 09:16 PM
I don't even know if IT is the 5th best player on the court. He gets neutralized against faster longer D's.

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 09:17 PM
So... how about that NBA Finals? Can we autosim this series? :(

FlashBolt
05-17-2017, 09:18 PM
I don't even know if IT is the 5th best player on the court. He gets neutralized against faster longer D's.

this. Size matters. can't be 5'8 and expect to dominate when the playoffs start rolling.

PAOboston
05-17-2017, 09:19 PM
What is the record for most missed 3s in a half?

Vee-Rex
05-17-2017, 09:20 PM
I love fired up TT

Green_Monster
05-17-2017, 09:22 PM

Most of them are wide open too. Disappointing performance so far.

Vee-Rex

Two things on this:

1. Cavs are missing tons of open threes.

2. Cavs are working inside out. We're attacking the paint ferociously. Celtics are just shooting jumpers.

Celtics need to attack the paint and not get dominated on the boards.

FlashBolt
I love fired up TT

I scoff at anyone saying Cavs need a center. TT is the 2nd most untradable player in the Cavs. Yes, over Irving. Dude creates so many offensive opportunities it's amazing.

tredigs
05-17-2017, 09:24 PM
Two things on this:

2. Cavs are working inside out. We're attacking the paint ferociously. Celtics are just shooting jumpers.

Correct, the Cavs are just getting the easier looks.

PAOboston
05-17-2017, 09:25 PM
Most of them are wide open too. Disappointing performance so far.
Yeah, but this issue is 3s are like half the C's shots. And here lies the issue with the C's: outside of IT, no one can create their own shot. Thank God they can get Fultz!

still1ballin
05-17-2017, 09:26 PM
The NBA should of auto'd the whole playoffs until the NBA finals

FlashBolt
05-17-2017, 09:26 PM
this is the most defense I've seen lebron play in years.

Green_Monster
05-17-2017, 09:28 PM
Two things on this:

He's not saying the Cavs wouldn't still be winning. They would. They're playing better.

He's saying the Celtics have missed a ridiculous amount of literally wide open shots. No defender in sight and just straight bricks.

tredigs
This is the smartest most disciplined version of Lebron I've seen to date, and it's making him look like one of the more dangerous versions of him we've seen.

Lil Rhody
Yup. Figure we would take two games butttttttt

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 09:30 PM

yet i get called an idiot when i said he shouldnt be part of their future and he is overrated as ****... If he doesnt have 30 plus points shooting an extremely high percent with very few turnovers he is a negative every single time for their team and their team spends more energy trying to cover up for him then anything else... If they give him a max they will never go anywhere near the finals.

tredigs
05-17-2017, 09:31 PM
IT + Horford are 1-14 right now. 0-5 from three. 5 turnovers.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 09:31 PM
There wont be 2 worst contract situation if they give IT the max and have horford in terms of a legit contender... Man what a terrible signing horford was

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 09:32 PM
lol lebron is going nuts and it looks so easy.

FlashBolt
05-17-2017, 09:32 PM
this is ******** lmao.. do they put smart on anyone regardless of size? my god, stevens.. what are you doin!

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 09:33 PM
It looks like game 6 harden

PAOboston
05-17-2017, 09:33 PM
There wont be 2 worst contract situation if they give IT the max and have horford in terms of a legit contender... Man what a terrible signing horford was
You can't be serious right now

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 09:34 PM
lets see if IT gets destroyed like harden did for his performance.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 09:34 PM
You can't be serious right now

I am very serious... IT max is going to be a horrid contract in iteself... In terms of legit contenders Horford/IT is extremely bad

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-17-2017, 09:36 PM
Ok that last reply is gonna be a meme..Lebron literally ****ing the Celtics 😂😂

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 09:37 PM
lmfao Lebron... I think Tre is right... this might be the best lebron we have ever seen... really think about that

Green_Monster
yet i get called an idiot when i said he shouldnt be part of their future and he is overrated as ****... If he doesnt have 30 plus points shooting an extremely high percent with very few turnovers he is a negative every single time for their team and their team spends more energy trying to cover up for him then anything else... If they give him a max they will never go anywhere near the finals.

Lol, don't change what you said. You said the Celtics can't win unless he scores 40+. They've won two rounds.

Plus, literally any player who's below average on defense will be a negative if they don't shoot well. That's nothing new.

FOXHOUND
Celtics need Fultz to be great + a big FA signing like Hayward if they're going to do anything. This is varsity vs JV.

Green_Monster
05-17-2017, 09:38 PM

Horford has been great in the playoffs. This is his first bad game.

The whole team is shooting terribly pretty much. Not just him.

Vee-Rex
05-17-2017, 09:40 PM
He's not saying the Cavs wouldn't still be winning. They would. They're playing better.

He's saying the Celtics have missed a ridiculous amount of literally wide open shots. No defender in sight and just straight bricks.

Right. You missed my point.

I'm saying the Cavs are bricking too so they were attacking the paint. Celtics weren't.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
I guess the positives are that there's no way they can shoot worse.

If I'm Stevens I just pray ***** go down and start fouling TT on the fast break. I've got nothing else.

More-Than-Most
Lol, don't change what you said. You said the Celtics can't win unless he scores 40+. They've won two rounds.

Plus, literally any player who's below average on defense will be a negative if they don't shoot well. That's nothing new.

that just isnt factual... unless IT is great he brings negative value... there will never be a game where he is offensively mediocre and a plus for their team unless they are playing the worst teams in basketball. HE IS THE WORST DEFENDER IN BASKETBALL AND THE TEAM SPENDS MORE ENERGY COVERING UP FOR HIS **** DEFENSE THAT IT HURTS THEM BOTH DEFENSIVELY AND OFFENSIVELY... Its not hard to see.

JordansBulls
Celtics didn't have any time to prepare for this series at all. Not that they had a chance. They needed a Paul George or Jimmy Butler to even had had a chance.

FlashBolt
05-17-2017, 09:41 PM
Horford has been great in the playoffs. This is his first bad game.

The whole team is shooting terribly pretty much. Not just him.

thing is, horford always plays terrible against LeBron-led teams. Dude can't rebound and looks lost offensively. I'm not sure what it is because he plays C/PF but I mean, 3 rebounds in 21 minutes? That's terrible.

FOXHOUND
Why does MTM hate Isaiah Thomas so much? lol

More-Than-Most
i ****ing picked this series going 6 at least and figured the celtics would steal tonight... IT is pulling a Harden... Hell at least harden pulled that **** against a defensively sound team

FlashBolt
05-17-2017, 09:42 PM
cavs aren't really doing THAT well. Their game is predicated on three point shooting and without it, they attack the paint. It just so happens that Celtics have no answer for them in that area, either. They are a much more dangerous team when they knock down their threes.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 09:43 PM
Why does MTM hate Isaiah Thomas so much? lol

I hate all players that play horrid defense... IT/Oka/harden... Hell the only one I really like Is DLO... DLO/OKA/IT are the 3 worst defenders in basketball... Its not Hate... If anything I respect IT more than harden... Harden can be a much better defender he just doesnt try... IT will never be good at defense even if he tries.

When I stated this all the time I get told I am an Idiot and IT is amazing and isnt as bad of a defender as I think... Except he really really is.... If the celtics are going to explore a butler trade they should package IT because of how the league overrates PPG players and underrate 2 way play... Keep the number 1 pick and draft fultz... Package IT/CROWDER/BROWN and a future first for Butler... The celtics are now a threat.

PAOboston
05-17-2017, 09:43 PM
The C's are as good as the Cavs but they aren't thaaaaat bad. Brown might be the only Celtics players that actually looked decent.

At least I can think of the #1 pick everytime I look at the score and feel better! Fultz!

mightybosstone
05-17-2017, 09:45 PM
With Lebron and the Cavs playing like this, I'm beginning to wonder if the Warriors might actually have a Finals series on their hands after all. This Cleveland team must have been playing possum all regular season long. This version of James is just an absolute pleasure to watch.

Vee-Rex
05-17-2017, 09:46 PM
Celtics didn't have any time to prepare for this series at all. Not that they had a chance. They needed a Paul George or Jimmy Butler to even had had a chance.

Well said.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
I forgot to buy my overreactional/over emotional MTM stock this month.

More-Than-Most
With Lebron and the Cavs playing like this, I'm beginning to wonder if the Warriors might actually have a Finals series on their hands after all. This Cleveland team must have been playing possum all regular season long. This version of James is just an absolute pleasure to watch.

i argued with tre 2 seasons ago calling him an idiot saying lebron was on the decline lol. Maaaaaaaaaaaaan

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 09:48 PM
I forgot to buy my overreactional/over emotional MTM stock this month.

there is 0.00 percent chance the celtics can win a title with IT... its not overreactional... Its common sense... Even without factoring in the warriors by the way who you need to defend... I would love the celtics to beat the cavs just to see how they try to cover up for IT against curry/dray/klay/durant/Iggy... It would be a blood bath

This is exactly why I disliked having iverson... high volume shooter PPG player FOR THE WIN= no shot at titles and iverson was bigger/faster/better defender and better offensively lol

mightybosstone
05-17-2017, 09:48 PM
I hate all players that play horrid defense... IT/Oka/harden... Hell the only one I really like Is DLO... DLO/OKA/IT are the 3 worst defenders in basketball... Its not Hate... If anything I respect IT more than harden... Harden can be a much better defender he just doesnt try... IT will never be good at defense even if he tries.

When I stated this all the time I get told I am an Idiot and IT is amazing and isnt as bad of a defender as I think... Except he really really is.... If the celtics are going to explore a butler trade they should package IT because of how the league overrates PPG players and underrate 2 way play... Keep the number 1 pick and draft fultz... Package IT/CROWDER/BROWN and a future first for Butler... The celtics are now a threat.

Did you hate Nash or Reggie Miller? Would you have hated Magic or Rick Barry? There are dozens of great players throughout history who were subpar defenders. Just because they aren't great in that aspect of their games doesn't mean they aren't deserving of our respect. You just recognize those flaws just like you would recognize a great defensive player who was incapable of making a jump shot.

mightybosstone
05-17-2017, 09:50 PM
i argued with tre 2 seasons ago calling him an idiot saying lebron was on the decline lol. Maaaaaaaaaaaaan

The crazy thing is that I think Lebron has determined he doesn't care about being great in the regular season anymore. He doesn't want MVPs, which is kind of a remarkable thing for a superstar at that level. He's done that already. He clearly has aspirations to be the greatest postseason player in NBA history. And there are some stats out there that suggest he already is. If he could add a few more titles to that mantle...

More-Than-Most
Did you hate Nash or Reggie Miller? Would you have hated Magic or Rick Barry? There are dozens of great players throughout history who were subpar defenders. Just because they aren't great in that aspect of their games doesn't mean they aren't deserving of our respect. You just recognize those flaws just like you would recognize a great defensive player who was incapable of making a jump shot.

loved Nash but never thought he had a shot at winning a title... fun note steve nash defense--------->IT

They put a run and gun system around nash to try and out score the other team and it still failed because he had no shot at a title against competition nowhere near the likes of the warriors/cavs... So why waste time with a player who handicaps your team? OH BECAUSE THE CITY LOVES HIM AND HE CAN SCORE.

None of them were as bad defensively as IT... Were any of them the very worst defenders in basketball?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
there is 0.00 percent chance the celtics can win a title with IT... its not overreactional... Its common sense... Even without factoring in the warriors by the way who you need to defend... I would love the celtics to beat the cavs just to see how they try to cover up for IT against curry/dray/klay/durant/Iggy... It would be a blood bath

Never said you were wrong. You're just going way over the top like SAS it's funny lol like you do in the NfL forum every January

mightybosstone
05-17-2017, 09:52 PM

I don't think preparation and timing really makes a difference. This is just a bad matchup for Boston against a more talented, more seasoned basketball team. Boston could have had a month off. They'd still get slaughtered by this Cleveland team. They're just outclassed.

Green_Monster
Right. You missed my point.

I'm saying the Cavs are bricking too so they were attacking the paint. Celtics weren't.

Not nearly as many wide-open bricks are the Celtics.

Didn't miss the point, just didn't see the value of it.

More-Than-Most
Never said you were wrong. You're just going way over the top like SAS it's funny lol like you do in the NfL forum every January

yea funny how that works how 90 percent of packer fans agree with me now when they burned me at the stake from 2013 on.

Green_Monster
05-17-2017, 09:54 PM

Trading for one of them would've been so dumb.

thing is, horford always plays terrible against LeBron-led teams. Dude can't rebound and looks lost offensively. I'm not sure what it is because he plays C/PF but I mean, 3 rebounds in 21 minutes? That's terrible.

The rebounding is awful, but the shots just aren't falling. He's had open looks, many of them he's easily hit the last two series.

mightybosstone
05-17-2017, 09:54 PM
loved Nash but never thought he had a shot at winning a title... fun note steve nash defense--------->IT

They put a run and gun system around nash to try and out score the other team and it still failed because he had no shot at a title against competition nowhere near the likes of the warriors/cavs... So why waste time with a player who handicaps your team? OH BECAUSE THE CITY LOVES HIM AND HE CAN SCORE.

None of them were as bad defensively as IT... Were any of them the very worst defenders in basketball?

IT's not a good defender, but I'd hardly call him the worst defender in basketball. And even if he was technically the worst defender for his respective position (which is debatable), the impact of a poor defensive point guard is nothing compared to the impact of a poor defensive big man. The 30th worst defensive big in the league probably screws his team's defense way, way more over the course of a game than the worst defensive point guard in the league. Point guard defense is insanely overrated and always has been.

mightybosstone
05-17-2017, 09:57 PM
Trading for one of them would've been so dumb.

I realize this is pretty off topic, but having not been on last night during the lottery, what are your thoughts on the Celtics' best course of action? Should they consider trading for one of them now if they could add a guy like Hayward beforehand with their cap space? Or do they stick with the pick and take Fultz?

Green_Monster
05-17-2017, 09:57 PM

This is exactly why I disliked having iverson... high volume shooter PPG player FOR THE WIN= no shot at titles and iverson was bigger/faster/better defender and better offensively lol

Isaiah is way more efficient than AI was. AI just scored more because he took more shots.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-17-2017, 09:58 PM
I realize this is pretty off topic, but having not been on last night during the lottery, what are your thoughts on the Celtics' best course of action? Should they consider trading for one of them now if they could add a guy like Hayward beforehand with their cap space? Or do they stick with the pick and take Fultz?

Pick Fultz, sigh Hayward

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 09:58 PM

You like DLO but not IT? Man lol.

IT isn't the Celtics problem, he's just not a LeBron/Kawhi/Curry/Durant/etc. type player. The Cavs have 3 top 5 players at their position and one of those is the best player in the league, a really good big in TT and really good role players. The talent disparity is enormous, it's not like IT is the reason they don't stack up. They need another 1 or 2 IT level players to even compete with Cleveland lol.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Take Olynyk out

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 09:59 PM
You like DLO but not IT? Man lol.

IT isn't the Celtics problem, he's just not a LeBron/Kawhi/Curry/Durant/etc. type player. The Cavs have 3 top 5 players at their position and one of those is the best player in the league, a really good big in TT and really good role players. The talent disparity is enormous, it's not like IT is the reason they don't stack up. They need another 1 or 2 IT level players to even compete with Cleveland lol.

lol i have a boner for Russ... He shouldnt be as bad as he is... he just shouldnt.

mightybosstone
05-17-2017, 10:01 PM

I'm sorry, but this is insane. This Celtics team has so many assets and is so young, and to say that they have zero chance to ever win a title with Thomas on the roster is totally asinine. What if Fultz is the next Chris Paul? What if Brown develops into an All-Star? What if they trade for Butler or George? What if they add Hayward or Griffin and any of the aforementioned scenarios happened? Couple that with the inevitable decline of Lebron over the next decade and the unknown with the Warriors' long-term cap situations, and I can easily see a scenario where this team wins a title with Thomas.

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 10:02 PM
lol i have a boner for Russ... He shouldnt be as bad as he is... he just shouldnt.

I liked him coming out too lol, but I jumped off that ship. It's not too late for him but his attitude is ***.

More-Than-Most
I'm sorry, but this is insane. This Celtics team has so many assets and is so young, and to say that they have zero chance to ever win a title with Thomas on the roster is totally asinine. What if Fultz is the next Chris Paul? What if Brown develops into an All-Star? What if they trade for Butler or George? What if they add Hayward or Griffin and any of the aforementioned scenarios happened? Couple that with the inevitable decline of Lebron over the next decade and the unknown with the Warriors' long-term cap situations, and I can easily see a scenario where this team wins a title with Thomas.

will they bring IT off the bench? If so then I have no issues with your thoughts... The fact is they wont/cant... It will be a max player starter... You wont win with IT being IT at max money period.

mightybosstone
Pick Fultz, sigh Hayward

I can see that. I was listening to Simmons' podcast on my drive up to Austin tonight, and he certainly seems to be in that boat as well. He's really, really high on Fultz.

Green_Monster

Draft Fultz, try to sign Hayward. If you can get Butler/PG using Bradley/Crowder/2K18 Nets pick, you do it.

Isaiah, Butler/PG, Hayward, and Horford is a good core. Fultz, Brown, others off the bench. Haven't worked out the exact numbers or anything but they can become very good, very fast.

If the Bulls/Pacers insist on Fultz, I'm not sure the Celtics go that route. There's some way better breakdowns recently posted in our forum by other posters.

goingfor28
05-17-2017, 10:03 PM
Well, this is exactly how I expected this series to go. Boston will be lucky to win 1 game.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 10:03 PM

you speak of the warriors cap but again the celtics will have to make decisions down the line if they max out IT... They have the perfect depth defense to cover up for him ... When they lose these pieces his defense will further be exposed.

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 10:04 PM

Isn't it crazy that you're talking about the 1 seed in the east like this though? They need another 2 All-Stars and one of those needs to be an All-NBA player for them to compete with Cleveland. Cleveland is so far ahead of the east that they can coast their way to an 8th seed and stomp their way into the Finals lol.

goingfor28
05-17-2017, 10:05 PM
I can see that. I was listening to Simmons' podcast on my drive up to Austin tonight, and he certainly seems to be in that boat as well. He's really, really high on Fultz.
Bill Simmons is a clown.

still1ballin
05-17-2017, 10:06 PM
What a beat down

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 10:08 PM
up 50 lebron is still diving for steals... My man is a monster

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 10:11 PM
At least the Finals should be good. I think the idea of sleeping on Cleveland's ability to compete should be over by now.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 10:12 PM
that is the one thing i wish lebron would get rid of... he should never fade away... it never works.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 10:12 PM
love is on fire now

LA_Raiders
05-17-2017, 10:13 PM
What a beating...

Bostonjorge
Crowder only one playing

More-Than-Most
the sick thing is... I am not sure Kyrie has even been great yet this post season

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 10:14 PM
Yo Kevin Love sucks lol.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 10:15 PM
that was a great block... bradley got rejected and they call a ******** foul

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 10:15 PM
the sick thing is... I am not sure Kyrie has even been great yet this post season

He's resting that knee for his rematch with Curry.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 10:17 PM
Lol IT mad.... dont get mad because you cant defend bruh

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 10:20 PM
i hate that type of crap... when offensive player just stops while defender is on them yet its a foul on the offensive player.

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 10:21 PM
I hate floppers man lol.

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 10:23 PM
Without the matchup advantage he had at C vs Lopez and Gortat, and Thompson being the defender he is, Horford has gone complete ghost.

Jaylen Brown looking good though.

lol, please
05-17-2017, 10:24 PM
Boston on a run!

Green_Monster
05-17-2017, 10:25 PM
I hate floppers man lol.

That wasn't a flop, it was just an annoying move by Smart. He stopped running but it was still a clear foul on Thompson.

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 10:25 PM
Finally, Boston playing like it's the ECF at home. Please keep this up.

mightybosstone
05-17-2017, 10:28 PM
you speak of the warriors cap but again the celtics will have to make decisions down the line if they max out IT... They have the perfect depth defense to cover up for him ... When they lose these pieces his defense will further be exposed.
But you're acting like it's a statistical impossibility. It just takes one year, dude. Maybe Lebron gets hurt and declines faster than we think. Maybe Kyrie or Love fall off. Maybe Durant gets hurt or the Warriors panic and deal Thompson in the next couple of years. If we've learned anything in sports, it's that they're unpredictable. And that unpredictability increases exponentially the larger your sample size gets. Would I expect the Celtics to win this season? Hell no. Do I think they'll win next year? No. Could they win one title over the next 10 years? Absolutely.

Isn't it crazy that you're talking about the 1 seed in the east like this though? They need another 2 All-Stars and one of those needs to be an All-NBA player for them to compete with Cleveland. Cleveland is so far ahead of the east that they can coast their way to an 8th seed and stomp their way into the Finals lol.
To me, though, it's not even Cleveland. As unbelievable as Lebron has been, at some point the guy is going to fall off. It's the Warriors that scare me the most.

Bill Simmons is a clown.

:shrug: The guy is an obvious Celtics homer and a bit of an egomaniac at times, but I've enjoyed his columns for years. He's knowledgable about the game, really loves the NBA and is damn entertaining to read or listen to when he's just shooting the **** about sports. On television, though...

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 10:28 PM
That wasn't a flop, it was just an annoying move by Smart. He stopped running but it was still a clear foul on Thompson.

Idk, I thought he went down really easy. I think that was premeditated including the flop/sell.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 10:29 PM
But you're acting like it's a statistical impossibility. It just takes one year, dude. Maybe Lebron gets hurt and declines faster than we think. Maybe Kyrie or Love fall off. Maybe Durant gets hurt or the Warriors panic and deal Thompson in the next couple of years. If we've learned anything in sports, it's that they're unpredictable. And that unpredictability increases exponentially the larger your sample size gets. Would I expect the Celtics to win this season? Hell no. Do I think they'll win next year? No. Could they win one title over the next 10 years? Absolutely.

To me, though, it's not even Cleveland. As unbelievable as Lebron has been, at some point the guy is going to fall off. It's the Warriors that scare me the most.

:shrug: The guy is an obvious Celtics homer and a bit of an egomaniac at times, but I've enjoyed his columns for years. He's knowledgable about the game, really loves the NBA and is damn entertaining to read or listen to when he's just shooting the **** about sports. On television, though...

forget lebron... they would get rekt by warriors/spurs

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 10:32 PM
Lebron looks the fastest I have ever seen... Its weird

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 10:34 PM

Do you know how hard it is going to be for LeBron to decline when he can coast through the regular season and get that much rest in the postseason from these sweeps? lol. Even as he ages, Love is 28 and Kyrie is only 25. Kyrie hasn't even peaked yet. :o

The Warriors are ****ed up too, for sure, but the west at least has some strong teams.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 10:40 PM
lmfao IT trying to guard lebron

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 10:41 PM
korver has fixed lebrons ft shooting... KORVER FOR MVP

NYKnickFanatic
05-17-2017, 10:46 PM
Lebron looks the fastest I have ever seen... Its weird

His spin moves are on point.

Bostonjorge
05-17-2017, 10:46 PM
Crowder only Boston player who showed up today

archdevil84
05-17-2017, 10:47 PM
lol @ celtics fans leaving

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 10:50 PM
Crowder only Boston player who showed up today

i can only imagine how much you will hate lebron after this series with how much you hate him now lol

Green_Monster
05-17-2017, 10:51 PM
lol @ celtics fans leaving

As a Heat fan I have to laugh at you posting this.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2017, 10:51 PM

:laugh:

holy **** fatality

Yanks All Day
05-17-2017, 10:52 PM
The narrative going into this series was "the Celtics need to use their bench and depth advantage in order to stay close."

I'm still baffled by this logic. The Cavs clearly have a better bench. It's not close. And when you put them out there with LeBron against 2nd units, the Cavs win that matchup 100% of the time.

Also, if this is the LeBron you see against the Warriors, the Cavs are repeating.

archdevil84
05-17-2017, 10:53 PM

why? because the heat fans left in G6 vs the spurs? im just as much disgusted from them at that moment as i am of these celts fan at this moment. trust me when i say i was NAILBITING and CLAMPED to my seat when i was watching G6 2013 live and i was not about to stop watching

Bostonjorge
05-17-2017, 10:54 PM
i can only imagine how much you will hate lebron after this series with how much you hate him now lol
I don't hate lebron silly

Green_Monster
05-17-2017, 10:57 PM
why? because the heat fans left in G6 vs the spurs? im just as much disgusted from them at that moment as i am of these celts fan at this moment. trust me when i say i was NAILBITING and CLAMPED to my seat when i was watching G6 2013 live and i was not about to stop watching

It's just funny, we both know why. Not a big deal.

archdevil84
05-17-2017, 10:58 PM
It's just funny, we both know why. Not a big deal.

aight, no hard feelings. its all good;)

Green_Monster
05-17-2017, 11:01 PM
It's so much easier watching your team lose when you expect them to lose the series. It's sad at the same time but there's not much stress when watching.

Knowing the future is bright keeps me happy.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-17-2017, 11:05 PM
At least the Celtics outscored them in the second half prior to garbage time. Game 2 I'm only playing IT, Bradley, Crowder, Horford, Smart, Brown, Rozier and Green major minutes

PAOboston
05-17-2017, 11:07 PM
Bright spot for the Cs: Jaylen Brown. Looked good tonight. Rookie getting some valuable experience these playoffs.

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 11:12 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/dOJt6XZlQw8qQ/giphy.gif?response_id=591d10c5a9cb8cad457dc674

FOXHOUND
05-17-2017, 11:15 PM
Bright spot for the Cs: Jaylen Brown. Looked good tonight. Rookie getting some valuable experience these playoffs.

He's going to be a good one.

Vee-Rex
05-17-2017, 11:31 PM
Not nearly as many wide-open bricks are the Celtics.

Didn't miss the point, just didn't see the value of it.

Why did you quote it then? Why respond at all?

Both teams missed wide open bricks. Cavs as a result were attacking inside. Celtics weren't and should have.

WaDe03
05-17-2017, 11:37 PM
Horford was freaking incredible tonight. 4-4-4 until he got up to 11-8-6 due to garbage time. This guy completely folds when he doesn't have a slow footed clumsy corner guarding him. Celtics should've kept that cap space open, he's not worth near 30M as he's probably not even top 10 at his position.

IT was also locked up most of the game. How has he not got a flopping warning yet? That foul on Jefferson in the 3rd was ridiculous.

Sorry I'm dogging them but damn I'm so tired of these boring *** blowout playoff games. Those 2 guys have to step up. You played your whole season to get home court then get demolished in game 1 and have it taken away.

Green_Monster
05-17-2017, 11:48 PM
Why did you quote it then? Why respond at all?

Both teams missed wide open bricks. Cavs as a result were attacking inside. Celtics weren't and should have.

Because you quoted a post of him saying the Celtics aren't shooting well and went "but the Cavs!!!". Why respond to him with that? Goes both ways man.

Celtics not attacking doesn't change that they missed several wide open shots.

Green_Monster
05-17-2017, 11:50 PM
Horford was freaking incredible tonight. 4-4-4 until he got up to 11-8-6 due to garbage time. This guy completely folds when he doesn't have a slow footed clumsy corner guarding him. Celtics should've kept that cap space open, he's not worth near 30M as he's probably not even top 10 at his position.

IT was also locked up most of the game. How has he not got a flopping warning yet? That foul on Jefferson in the 3rd was ridiculous.

Sorry I'm dogging them but damn I'm so tired of these boring *** blowout playoff games. Those 2 guys have to step up. You played your whole season to get home court then get demolished in game 1 and have it taken away.

Did you watch the whole game? Right at the beginning the broadcasters said that Horford has been incredible and excellent these playoffs. I wanted to call you out so bad but showed mercy. Looks like you brought it upon yourself.

And uhhh that Jefferson foul was clear. He stuck out his hip/leg as Isaiah was driving around him. Easy call.

Vee-Rex
05-17-2017, 11:54 PM
Because you quoted a pair of him saying the Celtics aren't shooting well and went "but the Cavs!!!". Why respond to him with that? Goes both ways man.

Celtics not attacking doesn't change that they missed several wide open shots.

I didn't say his point had no value. Wtf? Why do you argue just for the sake of arguing? It's a serious problem with you.

I was illustrating the point that the Cavs were focused on driving and attacking because their open 3 point shots weren't dropping. Cavs can easily put up 40+ 3pas in a game, but in the 1st half we were like 2/9 and Boston was like 2/17.

In game talk - Celtics should've attacked more.

Green_Monster
05-17-2017, 11:58 PM
I didn't say his point had no value. Wtf? Why do you argue just for the sake of arguing? It's a serious problem with you.

I was illustrating the point that the Cavs were focused on driving and attacking because their open 3 point shots weren't dropping. Cavs can easily put up 40+ 3pas in a game, but in the 1st half we were like 2/9 and Boston was like 2/17.

In game talk - Celtics should've attacked more.

Bruh. I literally reiterated what he said. Getting upset for no reason is a problem with you.

The Celtics don't have that ability to drive as much. So they shoot. They missed a lot of open shots. Simple stuff here.

WaDe03
05-18-2017, 12:01 AM
Did you watch the whole game? Right at the beginning the broadcasters said that Horford has been incredible and excellent these playoffs. I wanted to call you out so bad but showed mercy. Looks like you brought it upon yourself.

And uhhh that Jefferson foul was clear. He stuck out his hip/leg as Isaiah was driving around him. Easy call.

Sorry but that little bump won't make a grown man fall, that's terrible.

Idk what you would be calling me out on, I've said Horford has been good. He was terrible tonight as he always is against the Cavs. He had 2 slow footed centers guarding him the first 2 series, he's being exposed so far this series.

Green_Monster
05-18-2017, 12:06 AM
Sorry but that little bump won't make a grown man fall, that's terrible.

Idk what you would be calling me out on, I've said Horford has been good. He was terrible tonight as he always is against the Cavs. He had 2 slow footed centers guarding him the first 2 series, he's being exposed so far this series.

11-8-6 on 4-11 shooting is terrible? It's not great but far from terrible. Either you really don't like Horford or have trouble with adjectives.

You claimed he had been solid these playoffs and refused to believe he had been incredible/excellent. You didn't believe the numbers when they were presented to you. It's whatever though, the commentators agreed with me so it's all good.

Vee-Rex
05-18-2017, 12:07 AM
Bruh. I literally reiterated what he said. Getting upset for no reason is a problem with you.

The Celtics don't have that ability to drive as much. So they shoot. They missed a lot of open shots. Simple stuff here.

You responded to a (missed) point even though you found no value in it, then tried to assimilate it to my response to dude.

:laugh2: FOH, you're acting like a child.

Doesn't matter - they still should've tried it. I've watched terrible Cavs teams all my life that weren't good at driving - doesn't mean they should camp at the arc and keep bricking. Make the defense move.

Vee-Rex
05-18-2017, 12:09 AM
11-8-6 on 4-11 shooting is terrible? It's not great but far from terrible. Either you really don't like Horford or have trouble with adjectives.

You claimed he had been solid these playoffs and refused to believe he had been incredible/excellent. You didn't believe the numbers when they were presented to you. It's whatever though, the commentators agreed with me so it's all good.

Horford was terrible. He got bent by TT. Only a raging homer couldn't see that.

Green_Monster
05-18-2017, 12:11 AM
You responded to a (missed) point even though you found no value in it, then tried to assimilate it to my response to dude.

:laugh2: FOH, you're acting like a child.

Doesn't matter - they still should've tried it. I've watched terrible Cavs teams all my life that weren't good at driving - doesn't mean they should camp at the arc and keep bricking. Make the defense move.

You just don't like the feeling that the Cavs aren't getting enough credit. I picked them to win this series in 5 lol. I and others said they aren't shooting well and you responded with what the Cavs aren't doing well. Who cares? They were up by 20 and obviously playing well.

Literally all you do is throw out insults. Just stick to basketball man. It's pathetic.

If you have open shots on the perimeter you take them. Especially when you're normally a good shooting team.

Green_Monster
05-18-2017, 12:13 AM
Horford was terrible. He got bent by TT. Only a raging homer couldn't see that.

He wasn't terrible though. Neither the stat sheet or eye test backs that up.

He didn't play like he has been but he wasn't the reason the Celtics got demolished. Look at the numbers, rewatch the game. Idk what to tell you.

WaDe03
05-18-2017, 12:15 AM

He had 4-4-4 until garbage time on like 1-8 shooting. He was terrible. Horford hasn't been incredible imo, maybe because I've watched too much greatness over the years. He needs to be a lot better than 16-8-6 if they want any chance of winning.

Green_Monster
05-18-2017, 12:17 AM
He had 4-4-4 until garbage time on like 1-8 shooting. He was terrible. Horford hasn't been incredible imo, maybe because I've watched too much greatness over the years. He needs to be a lot better than 16-8-6 if they want any chance of winning.

If he keeps the historic TS% then 16-8-6 would be fine. Need others to step up big time to even pull out a game or two though.

WaDe03
05-18-2017, 12:18 AM

He didn't play like he has been but he wasn't the reason the Celtics got demolished. Look at the numbers, rewatch the game. Idk what to tell you.

You're just looking at the box score. Goodness your arguments are consistently terrible. There is no way you watch tonight and think Horford wasn't terrible. He had 4-4-4 with like 3 minutes left in the 3rd and got him some garbage stats to help himself out as the game was pretty much over by this point anyways.

WaDe03
05-18-2017, 12:20 AM
If he keeps the historic TS% then 16-8-6 would be fine. Need others to step up big time to even pull out a game or two though.

He needs to be giving you 25-10-5 with that 30M contract. He's got to put up bigger numbers in this series. You can't rely on the others to step up like they have so far when you're playing the Cavs. Your best players in Thomas and Horford have to put up big numbers if you want a chance in this series. It's looking like a seeep but I hope I'm wrong, I just want to see some competitive ball.

Vee-Rex
05-18-2017, 12:21 AM
You just don't like the feeling that the Cavs aren't getting enough credit. I picked them to win this series in 5 lol. I and others said they aren't shooting well and you responded with what the Cavs aren't doing well. Who cares? They were up by 20 and obviously playing well.

Literally all you do is throw out insults. Just stick to basketball man. It's pathetic.

If you have open shots on the perimeter you take them. Especially when you're normally a good shooting team.

Lol holy **** where does all that rage come from? I don't think they're getting enough credit because I point out why they're winning?

You seem to be the only butt-hurt Celtics fan in here. You felt the NEED to post saying how it doesn't hurt as much since you expected to lose. Boston hazza supa brite future so you're not hurting!!!

That reeks of insecurity. :laugh2:

If you're missing, you need to be aggressive. Every coach, player, and commentator (since you highly value their opinions) will tell you that.

Green_Monster
05-18-2017, 12:22 AM
You're just looking at the box score. Goodness your arguments are consistently terrible. There is no way you watch tonight and think Horford wasn't terrible. He had 4-4-4 with like 3 minutes left in the 3rd and got him some garbage stats to help himself out as the game was pretty much over by this point anyways.

I watched the full game. He wasn't his normal self but "terrible" doesn't work either. If you want terrible arguments, check your Al Horford "solid" one when his TS% was LITERALLY HISTORIC. That was mind-numbingly stupid.

Green_Monster
05-18-2017, 12:25 AM
Lol holy **** where does all that rage come from? I don't think they're getting enough credit because I point out why they're winning?

You seem to be the only butt-hurt Celtics fan in here. You felt the NEED to post saying how it doesn't hurt as much since you expected to lose. Boston hazza supa brite future so you're not hurting!!!

That reeks of insecurity. :laugh2:

If you're missing, you need to be aggressive. Every coach, player, and commentator (since you highly value their opinions) will tell you that.

What rage? I don't think I've ever posted angry. I don't care. It's the Internet.

I'm so butt-hurt. I predicted the Cavs in 5 then said we got outplayed by a much better team. How is that butt-hurt? Once again, the badly aimed insults. I don't get it it. Just post about the game.

You don't play to your weaknesses. The Celtics have very few players who can create on their own. You stick to the game plan and remain confident. You don't tell Bradley and Crowder to start driving when it's not their strength. That will result in a lot of ugly missed shots and turnovers.

Vee-Rex
05-18-2017, 12:26 AM

Lol are you that much of a homer? Seriously? Wow.

Horford was terrible, dude. Anyone watching would say the same.

Green_Monster
05-18-2017, 12:28 AM
Lol are you that much of a homer? Seriously? Wow.

Horford was terrible, dude. Anyone watching would say the same.

I hope that person can see beyond missed shots and realize how Horford affects the whole game. Which is why he's undervalued by many and has excelled in the playoffs.

More-Than-Most
05-18-2017, 12:34 AM
2 things.... I want them to beat the warriors but lets not pretend the warriors will miss the wide open looks the celtics did tonight... Kyrie needs to step up in the finals... Right now if I am the coach I tell him to shoot until he cant shoot anymore and get it out of his system and find his zone right as they enter the finals

Final thing.... Having butler makes this series close... Why? Celtics looked gassed tonight... lets not pretend like they with butler would have gone to 7 games against the wizards... I have the cavs winning in 6 but with butler I think it could go either way if lebron wasnt playing like the GOAT that is... Right now lebron looks like he is ****ing 21 years old if that is possible.. That spin move tonight... My god.

I pray the celtics maxes IT and keep saving their draft picks... its going to be hilarious.

Vee-Rex
05-18-2017, 12:35 AM
What rage? I don't think I've ever posted angry. I don't care. It's the Internet.

I'm so butt-hurt. I predicted the Cavs in 5 then said we got outplayed by a much better team. How is that butt-hurt? Once again, the badly aimed insults. I don't get it it. Just post about the game.

You don't play to your weaknesses. The Celtics have very few players who can create on their own. You stick to the game plan and remain confident. You don't tell Bradley and Crowder to start driving when it's not their strength. That will result in a lot of ugly missed shots and turnovers.

You don't care? Sure, that's original. Is that why you respond to points that have no value to you?

The lengths you've gone to in this thread is ridiculous. Picking apart word choices and everything. You obviously care a lot, it's why you felt obligated to say you're not hurt by the loss.

The playoffs is a different beast. You do what it takes to adjust when something isn't working.

aman_13
05-18-2017, 12:37 AM
I'm starting to think the Celtics should draft Lonzo.

aman_13
05-18-2017, 12:39 AM
The Celtics have to feel hopeless when LeBron is switching on IT.

Vee-Rex
05-18-2017, 12:42 AM
I hope that person can see beyond missed shots and realize how Horford affects the whole game. Which is why he's undervalued by many and has excelled in the playoffs.

Are you ignoring the fact that TT ate him alive with offensive rebounds? That TT, who is nowhere near the offensive player as Horford, outscored him on much better efficiency? That Horford failed on defense a TON at the perimeter and guarding the PnR? He had 3 turnovers and barely touched the ball.

You wanna ignore all of that because he put up 11/8/6 on 36%FG?

Dude, he was terrible. Smh.

More-Than-Most
05-18-2017, 12:43 AM
The Celtics have to feel hopeless when LeBron is switching on IT.

lol it was hilarious... he cant even ****ing guard kyrie.... watching them try to cover love and korver in the corners and IT falling on lebron was a wrap... Now imagine when they lose some of these defensive parts that cover up for him like bradley/smart.... its going to get ugly man.

More-Than-Most
05-18-2017, 12:44 AM
I dont know how anyone could watch tonights game and not see how horford got abused by TT... like he ate him alive on both ends.... It was sad.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-18-2017, 12:50 AM
Not sure how anyone can defend Horford tonight. Sure didn't live up to his pay scale when it mattered.

aman_13
05-18-2017, 12:58 AM
lol it was hilarious... he cant even ****ing guard kyrie.... watching them try to cover love and korver in the corners and IT falling on lebron was a wrap... Now imagine when they lose some of these defensive parts that cover up for him like bradley/smart.... its going to get ugly man.

It's tough because he can off set his defensive struggles with his offense but it just puts so much pressure on him to make plays. He has to be in elite form offensively for the Celtics to have any chance.

LA_Raiders
05-18-2017, 01:13 AM
It looks like the Celtics will be drafting Ball.

goingfor28
05-18-2017, 01:23 AM
Did I just read "Horford" and "historic" in the same sentence? [emoji23]

He was absolute trash tonight, and has been just good against inferior competition in the prior 2 rounds.

GoferKing_
05-18-2017, 02:31 AM
So, Boston could have been real contender if they made a trade for Boogie, but insted they will get swept by Cavs.

IKnowHoops
05-18-2017, 02:53 AM
Whichever mod is going crazy closing threads that are getting discussion...check yourself.