PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard

More-Than-Most
05-15-2017, 12:17 AM
Has he become the guy you would take over everyone else when building a team right now? Of course Lebron is the best but he isnt 25 years old.... Now some would try to argue curry but curry is a bad defender and he would be much more exposed when building a team from scratch than a Leonard... I think KL has taken that step where id take him right now over everyone including AD when you factor in skill set/age/2way play.

To me it would be between KL and AD but AD injury history is concerning and his defense has fallen off. Then there is a guy like Gia but he really cant create his own offense like a Leonard can.

LOb0
05-15-2017, 12:21 AM
Out of all the MVP candidates. He's the guy I felt like we really should have looked at more. He gets flak for being a system player, but he's just great. Westbrook and Harden have flaws. What's Kawhi's?

lol, please
05-15-2017, 12:23 AM
Has he become the guy you would take over everyone else when building a team right now? Of course Lebron is the best but he isnt 25 years old.... Now some would try to argue curry but curry is a bad defender and he would be much more exposed when building a team from scratch than a Leonard... I think KL has taken that step where id take him right now over everyone including AD when you factor in skill set/age/2way play.

To me it would be between KL and AD but AD injury history is concerning and his defense has fallen off. Then there is a guy like Gia but he really cant create his own offense like a Leonard can.
I'd take several people over him right now, but that doesn't mean I think they are better players than him necessarily:

Curry
Durant
AD
Giannis
Derozan

More-Than-Most
05-15-2017, 12:28 AM
I'd take several people over him right now, but that doesn't mean I think they are better players than him necessarily:

Curry
Durant
AD
Giannis
Derozan

Yea but why? I dont get it... We are talking about building a team from scratch who is the guy you would want going forward and lebron is the best in the world but he has more miles ran on him than a vegas hooker... So him being 31 he is off... Durant is almost 30 right? I havent looked... Curry is 27 but KL is a more complete player and would fair far better on a neutral team... AD has injury issues but I wont question him because to me it would be between him/KL/And GIA but Gia again has no offensive game that he can make on his own like KL and isnt the same defender... So I am trying to think who would be that untradable player or that player you would take number 1 right now and I cant see an answer over KL that makes sense.

Saddletramp
05-15-2017, 12:28 AM
DeRozan. Lolololololololololol

More-Than-Most
05-15-2017, 12:29 AM

lmfao i love the raptors as much as LOL but yea I just let this go.... No lie you legit just made me laugh really loud.

lol, please
05-15-2017, 12:35 AM
Yea but why? I dont get it... We are talking about building a team from scratch who is the guy you would want going forward and lebron is the best in the world but he has more miles ran on him than a vegas hooker... So him being 31 he is off... Durant is almost 30 right? I havent looked... Curry is 27 but KL is a more complete player and would fair far better on a neutral team... AD has injury issues but I wont question him because to me it would be between him/KL/And GIA but Gia again has no offensive game that he can make on his own like KL and isnt the same defender... So I am trying to think who would be that untradable player or that player you would take number 1 right now and I cant see an answer over KL that makes sense.

I don't put stock in the age argument, I am of the belief that with modern medicine and nutritional knowledge, those expectations are outdated and unrealistic.

lol, please
05-15-2017, 12:36 AM

Why is thia funny lol, especially considering my disclaimer.

nastynice
05-15-2017, 12:51 AM
Lebron, easy

cmellofan15
05-15-2017, 01:26 AM

Well because Kawhi is an mvp candidate, which is something derozan will never be

lol, please
05-15-2017, 01:27 AM
Well because Kawhi is an mvp candidate, which is something derozan will never be

He was a candidate earlier this very season, don't be absurd.

tp13baby
05-15-2017, 01:34 AM
I don't put stock in the age argument, I am of the belief that with modern medicine and nutritional knowledge, those expectations are outdated and unrealistic.

Clear scientific evidence strength is a linear decline from 20 to 80 in all individuals. So no they aren't outdated you just get slower and weaker as you grow,

Derozan doesn't touch Leonard's jock

lol, please
05-15-2017, 01:38 AM
Clear scientific evidence strength is a linear decline from 20 to 80 in all individuals. So no they aren't outdated you just get slower and weaker as you grow,

Derozan doesn't touch Leonard's jock

the point is that with what we know now, that decline isn't what it used to be, and your prime spans many years as a healthy adult.

Heediot
05-15-2017, 05:11 AM
Yeah Kawhi clearly.

Giannis would be nice, but I don't trust that jumper. Giannis has a high motor, but I trust Kawhi more in a half court set. Kawhi has the motor, toughness, calm, and his game has improved every year. 2nd best player in the L.

Towns over AD. Just look at Towns first two years compared to AD. He also never missed a game to boot. Just off of counting stats, KAT PPg in his 2nd year is better vs. all of prior seasons Davis' except this year. Towns still needs refinement especially on defense, but he'll get there. Both guys need to learn the subtleties and nuances of how to win games, especially in a ball handler/shooting league the game has evolved to (rules also).

KL
Towns
Giannis
Davis (I would even take a guy like Jokic over Davis).

KobeOwnSU
05-15-2017, 08:49 AM
I can't take this thread seriously when Derozan is brought up in the same hemisphere as Kawhi.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

TheDish87
05-15-2017, 08:49 AM

Curry
Durant
AD
Giannis
Derozan

lol you really cant give up being wrong bout the raptors, its adorable.

also Giannis over KL is laughable too.

da ThRONe
05-15-2017, 09:17 AM
The only players IMO bettDr than Leonard is Durant and James and Kawhi is several years younger so the answer is yes.

warfelg
05-15-2017, 09:25 AM
Kwahi is the best two way player in the NBA right now. Also one of those rare guys that you can build any team around him you want and he works.

Scoots
05-15-2017, 09:54 AM

Curry is not a "bad defender" ... he's not a great defender because he just physically can't do it. He is a good defender within his limitations.

But yeah, I'd take Kawhi.

warfelg
05-15-2017, 09:57 AM
Curry is not a "bad defender" ... he's not a great defender because he just physically can't do it. He is a good defender within his limitations.

But yeah, I'd take Kawhi.

One thing I love about Curry is even though he's physically outmatched he gives Deadpool style "maximum effort" on defense.

I think you might disagree but I saw it in Philly, I credit Iggy with helping in that regard and giving them a defensive identity.

JasonJohnHorn
05-15-2017, 10:13 AM
Game six of the WC semi prove how well Pop's system works, even without Leonard.

Game one of the WC finals proved how valuable he is.

Can you imagine being up by 25 points with one guy in, and then you take him out and you end up being outscored by 27 by that same team?

You put him in against the Warriors, and he makes a 67-win team look like a bunch of chumps.

You take him out and a 61-win team looks like a team competing for the first overall pick.

Rivera
05-15-2017, 10:31 AM
its crazy because i never thought he would be what he is right now. pippen d with some kobe on offense with efficiency. Its awesome to watch

I thought he would be the GOAT #2 option but shoot, he might be the best player in the league

KnicksorBust
05-15-2017, 10:55 AM
Kawhi is prob 4th best player in the world right now behind LeBron, Curry, Durant so with the age advantage it's a great debate.

TheDish87
05-15-2017, 11:42 AM
3rd*

prodigy
05-15-2017, 02:15 PM
Just build ur team around Zaza. He'll take out the other teams star players. bam you win

FlashBolt
05-15-2017, 02:17 PM
Just build ur team around Zaza. He'll take out the other teams star players. bam you win

Great investment. Sign him to take out the superstar of the opposing team. Brilliant plan.

FOXHOUND
05-15-2017, 02:30 PM
Kawhi #1 when you account for long term planning, easy decision.

ManRam
05-15-2017, 02:31 PM
In the hypothetical world where you're drafting players to start a franchise, yes, I'm taking Leonard first right now. LeBron, even at his age, would be the only player I'd consider.

cmellofan15
05-15-2017, 04:03 PM
He was a candidate earlier this very season, don't be absurd.

Please show me any poll or article that put DeMar Derozan in the top 5 of an mvp race. Never was and never will be; stop being obtuse, troll.

ManRam
05-15-2017, 04:22 PM
There's probably 20-30 players I'm taking before DeRozan. It's absurd that he put him in his top-5 and that's all really anyone should say to him about it. Silliness like that doesn't merit serious responses.

prodigy
05-17-2017, 12:55 PM
If lebron plays another 5 years 3 of those at his current play Im still gonna take him over Leonard. I mean no disrespect by that, but Lebron is simply better. possibly the GOAT.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2017, 02:25 PM
If lebron plays another 5 years 3 of those at his current play Im still gonna take him over Leonard. I mean no disrespect by that, but Lebron is simply better. possibly the GOAT.

LeBron could quit right now, and Leonard would be hard pressed to ever sniff LeBron's overall career...

KnicksorBust
05-17-2017, 02:44 PM
LeBron could quit right now, and Leonard would be hard pressed to ever sniff LeBron's overall career...

Right but that's not what the guy is saying. He's saying he'd take the next 5 years of LeBron instead of the rest of Kawhi Leonard's career.

mngopher35
05-17-2017, 02:54 PM
I think Kawhi is arguably a top 3 player (Lebron, Curry, Durant/Kawhi). Considering his age I think you take him over those other guys even if Lebron stays at the top a few more years.

FlashBolt
05-17-2017, 02:54 PM
Right but that's not what the guy is saying. He's saying he'd take the next 5 years of LeBron instead of the rest of Kawhi Leonard's career.

He said *if 3/5 of those years were current LeBron years* he would take that over Kawhi's remaining career. I probably wouldn't but what if those 3/5 years is enough to get you 2/3 rings? Does anyone here think Kawhi wins 2-3 more rings? Idk.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2017, 03:06 PM

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not sure about that haha. Seeing as any team with LeBron gives you a real chance at a title, I guess he has an argument. But that is a tough one for me to choose. Before Leonard started rolling his ankle, he was having an amazing playoff run too. Tough one.