PDA

View Full Version : NBA Draft Lottery

Pages : [1] 2

Tg11
05-13-2017, 06:39 PM
Since we know that the Lottery will be on Tuesday I would love to hear everyone's speculations on the NBA Draft Lottery? Which team will get the #1 pick? Or who will get the #2 or #3 pick? I mean we know the Celtics, Suns and Lakers have a top #3 protected pick but then again as far as the rest of the Draft I am curious to see which players go where?

Lonzo I can definitely see him going to the Suns or Lakers for sure

Fultz is the obvious #1 pick but as for where he goes if he goes to the Celtics then I wonder if the Celtics keep him or if they trade him on Draft Day

Heediot
05-13-2017, 06:44 PM
Fultz is too good to trade IMO, I think he'll be a generational talent, better than Ben Simmons, Wiggins as a 1st overall pick.

Tg11
05-13-2017, 06:56 PM
But then again Fultz if he ends up as the #1 pick then we still don't know which team he goes to because he could go to Boston but then again he could also go to Phoenix or LA as well

More-Than-Most
05-13-2017, 07:06 PM
its fixed... see magic Johnson saying they have a top 3 pick.... cant tell me any different that this and the NHL lottery isnt fixed... Its smart though but yea FIXED.

Top 4 picks as follows

Lakers
Knicks
Celtics
Sixers

NBA circle jerk in the front office lol

mngopher35
05-13-2017, 07:11 PM
Wolves have still never moved up in lottery, hopefully it's our last chance for a while...

Tg11
05-13-2017, 07:13 PM
1- Celtics
2- Suns
3- Lakers
4- Sixers
5- Knicks

So on and so forth that is the way I think the order will go but for my team the Celtics if we get the #1 pick we obviously have to go Fultz over Ball but if Phoenix gets #1 pick they obviously will take Fultz but then again they already have Booker as a PG and Fultz is a PG so how would that work? Lakers definitely if they get #1 then they would take Lonzo but if they do then what happens to their PG Russell?

Heediot
05-13-2017, 07:19 PM
1- Celtics
2- Suns
3- Lakers
4- Sixers
5- Knicks

So on and so forth that is the way I think the order will go but for my team the Celtics if we get the #1 pick we obviously have to go Fultz over Ball but if Phoenix gets #1 pick they obviously will take Fultz but then again they already have Booker as a PG and Fultz is a PG so how would that work? Lakers definitely if they get #1 then they would take Lonzo but if they do then what happens to their PG Russell?

Booker is a 2 guard who handles the ball a lot. He can co-exist with Fultz just as he did with Bledsoe. They will ship Bledsoe for other pieces if they get the first overall pick.

Tg11
05-13-2017, 07:24 PM
But if Fultz goes #1 and he ends up in Boston then I think he and IT could definitely co-exist especially if they keep Fultz...then right off the bat you include him in the starting line-up...keep IT at the point and then have Fultz either as a SF or as a SG but that could be problematic

But then again if the Lakers go #1 it is obvious they will take Lonzo Ball as their PG and if that happens then they will most likely get rid of D'Angelo but if they do that then the Lakers lineup would actually look promising with Ball, Randle, Nance Jr., Ingram, etc.

tredigs
05-13-2017, 07:27 PM
I love these threads because we get to see the picks from all the idiots who claim it's fixed every year, who inevitably are wrong every year. Doesn't allow them to make up narratives after the fact (and rest assure, there is a narrative for the lottery being fixed for EVERY team if you ask the right guy).

Fultz is looking like the clear #1, after that it gets interesting.

Tg11
05-13-2017, 07:28 PM
But honestly with the way this Draft class is looking I wouldn't be surprised if we get sign and trade deals on Draft Day with teams pulling off trades right on the spot

Tg11
05-13-2017, 07:30 PM
Lonzo Ball if he goes #2 then he's going to the Suns or Lakers but Lonzo because of the hype and everything well the overhype I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of those players who drops in the draft considering the media circus with his shoe line but also the baggage of his father LaVar...I think Lonzo will be a bust I just have that feeling

HeartOfStarks
05-13-2017, 07:37 PM
1- Celtics
2- Suns
3- Lakers
4- Sixers
5- Knicks

Knicks can't pick 5th. It's either top 3 or 7 or below.

Tg11
05-13-2017, 07:40 PM
Knicks if they move up in the draft they will either go #2 or #3 I mean it is possible but then again Suns, Lakers and Celtics are top #3 protected so the Knicks most likely would end up at #6 or #7 then if anything

More-Than-Most
05-13-2017, 07:41 PM
I love these threads because we get to see the picks from all the idiots who claim it's fixed every year, who inevitably are wrong every year. Doesn't allow them to make up narratives after the fact (and rest assure, there is a narrative for the lottery being fixed for EVERY team if you ask the right guy).

Fultz is looking like the clear #1, after that it gets interesting.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/heat-index/2017/05/04/magic-johnson-luke-walton-lakers-getting-top-nba-draft-pick/310665001/

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/05/17/dikembe-mutombo-nba-draft-lottery-philadelphia-76ers

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2017/03/12/2017-draft-lottery-conspiracy-theory/

why not just do it live? The NBA use to be fixed by the refs that is known... I am far from a believer that it still goes on like that dade dude or whatever and think his take is just far out there but the draft lottery? If I am the NBA I am fixing it because it helps the NBA by helping out the large markets etc..... The cavs getting those picks year in and year out... the chances were astronomical... Its just silly why they cant prove it to us that its not fixed.

I am one that hope it is fixed and the lakers keep their pick this year because I dont want 2 top 6 picks or whatever as a sixer fan because there is such thing as too much young talent.

Tg11
05-13-2017, 07:46 PM
But the NBA draft lottery back in the day wasn't as fixed as you guys are making it out to be especially in the 80s, 90s and the early to mid 2000s but then around the late 2000s into the 2010s you could make the argument that the NBA draft lottery is fixed but then again fans can't really prove it and the NBA more or less will get us the average fan to believe whatever it is they want us to believe about the Draft Lottery system

More-Than-Most
05-13-2017, 08:20 PM
its just literally insane just from the stand point of the cavs. Cavs winning the lottery 4 times in 10 years

0.00012, just a shade over a 1-in-10,000 chance. GTFO with this...

tredigs
05-13-2017, 08:41 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/heat-index/2017/05/04/magic-johnson-luke-walton-lakers-getting-top-nba-draft-pick/310665001/

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/05/17/dikembe-mutombo-nba-draft-lottery-philadelphia-76ers

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2017/03/12/2017-draft-lottery-conspiracy-theory/

why not just do it live? The NBA use to be fixed by the refs that is known... I am far from a believer that it still goes on like that dade dude or whatever and think his take is just far out there but the draft lottery? If I am the NBA I am fixing it because it helps the NBA by helping out the large markets etc..... The cavs getting those picks year in and year out... the chances were astronomical... Its just silly why they cant prove it to us that its not fixed.

I am one that hope it is fixed and the lakers keep their pick this year because I dont want 2 top 6 picks or whatever as a sixer fan because there is such thing as too much young talent.

You know it's done in front of dozens of media members and members of each team each year, right? The process is far from secret (though I guess in the conspiracy theorists mind they would probably just say that these other teams who get shafted are paid out tens of millions by the NBA to keep their mouth shut for eternity... and do this every year). Guys like Zach Lowe regularly go to the drawing and talk about it openly. It's a long drawn out process that isn't good TV, is why they don't do it "live". Pretty sure it occurred last night though.

But, sure, maybe the NBA is risking everything to appeal to the juggernaut fanbase that is Cleveland Ohio, etc. Makes sense : /

Did not even read your post before I made mine by the way. Just common knowledge that everybody believes the NBA is a massive conspiracy, which I find hilarious. The odds don't help your case, either. What are the odds that any team gets "x,y,z, pick in x,y,z years" Hint: A LOT to a LITTLE. That's not how to dissect odds.

warfelg
05-13-2017, 08:46 PM
You know it's done in front of dozens of media members and members of each team each year, right? The process is far from secret. Guys like Zach Lower regularly go and talk about it openly. It's a long drawn out process that isn't good TV, is why they don't do it "live". Pretty sure it occurred last night though.

But, sure, maybe the NBA is risking everything to appeal to the juggernaut fanbase that is Cleveland Ohio, etc. Makes sense : /

Did not even read your post before I made mine by the way. Just common knowledge that everybody believes the NBA is a massive conspiracy, which I find hilarious.

I think they do it day of right before they actually televise it.

tredigs
05-13-2017, 08:59 PM
I think they do it day of right before they actually televise it.

Yeah not sure, Lowe was talking about it on his podcast with Arnovitz this week, saying he should go with him. Thought he said it was Friday, but maybe you're right. In either case, my point is that it's not some Illuminati private event. Just gotta be a respected media guy and request a spot in the room if you wanna know the picks before they're aired for TV.

NYKnickFanatic
05-13-2017, 09:07 PM
its fixed... see magic Johnson saying they have a top 3 pick.... cant tell me any different that this and the NHL lottery isnt fixed... Its smart though but yea FIXED.

Top 4 picks as follows

Lakers
Knicks
Celtics
Sixers

Knicks won't be top 4.

BKLYNpigeon
05-13-2017, 09:09 PM
The Hornets Failed big time again.

Should have taken that trade from the Celtics for the rights of Justice Windslow 2 years ago. They offered four 1st round picks, two of those picks are the Nets picks this year and next.

Scoots
05-13-2017, 09:13 PM
I don't believe it's fixed. That said there has been a narrative for it being fixed every year since the first year of the lottery where NY moved to the top pick and took Ewing.

tredigs
05-13-2017, 09:18 PM
I don't believe it's fixed. That said there has been a narrative for it being fixed every year since the first year of the lottery where NY moved to the top pick and took Ewing.

My point exactly. There is a narrative for it being fixed for every team every year. Hence this nonsense never ending.

It's especially funny in years like the Bennet (is that how you spell his name? Pretty sure he doesn't play organized basketball so who cares right) draft where nobody knew who was going #1 (to any team) or really even cared.

tredigs
05-13-2017, 09:48 PM
Best believe IT is going to be LOCKED IN during G7 on Monday night, knowing that the draft (where the Celtics have the best chance at the #1 pick... albeit still not likely that they get it) is the following day. We could see a monster draft night trade if they win on Monday night on the back of IT and go on to win the lottery. It's actually one of the more interesting drafts in a very long time for some of the situations we have going into it (shout out to the Brooklyn Nets for being the worst run team in NBA history).

Scoots
05-14-2017, 12:33 AM
Best believe IT is going to be LOCKED IN during G7 on Monday night, knowing that the draft (where the Celtics have the best chance at the #1 pick... albeit still not likely that they get it) is the following day. We could see a monster draft night trade if they win on Monday night on the back of IT and go on to win the lottery. It's actually one of the more interesting drafts in a very long time for some of the situations we have going into it (shout out to the Brooklyn Nets for being the worst run team in NBA history).

The Nets are not the worst run team (but they are high on the list). It took the Clippers from 1971 to 2006 before they won their first playoff series. The Wolves have only been past the first round 1 time in their 27 year history and have won less than 40% of their games.

tredigs
05-14-2017, 12:47 AM
The Nets are not the worst run team (but they are high on the list). It took the Clippers from 1971 to 2006 before they won their first playoff series. The Wolves have only been past the first round 1 time in their 27 year history and have won less than 40% of their games.

I'm speaking about the current iteration. The Prok Nets. No owner/management has set a team back further than them (at least not to my knowledge).

Scoots
05-14-2017, 01:14 AM
I'm speaking about the current iteration. The Prok Nets. No owner/management has set a team back further than them (at least not to my knowledge).

At least they TRIED to win (badly I admit) ... Donald Sterling didn't even try ... he was so bad the NBA removed him against his will. Tom Benson of the Pelicans is god awful too ... they lucked into AD and have screwed up pretty much everything since.

tredigs
05-14-2017, 02:00 PM
At least they TRIED to win (badly I admit) ... Donald Sterling didn't even try ... he was so bad the NBA removed him against his will. Tom Benson of the Pelicans is god awful too ... they lucked into AD and have screwed up pretty much everything since.

Doing nothing would have been far, FAR better than what they did to Brooklyn. Managing to be the worst team in the NBA with no draft picks for years on end is unprecedented territory. The Clips managed to take over as the top team in LA and a top team in the league for half a decade with the talent they acquired (through trades and draft) under Sterling. So while yes he is a Trainwreck, I don't see the two as comparable. The Pels managed to acquire two of the top big men in the NBA (through various means), again, I don't see how that is comparable. The Nets have no present and no future, and it's not as if the trades went downhill due to a freak injury. They just made horrible, inexcusable decisions.

hugepatsfan
05-14-2017, 02:36 PM
Hoping PHI or BOS wins. We need to start evening out the top tier talent between the East and the West. Obviously biased but I think BOS would be better because it'd be more immediate returns but just the east in general for me is good.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-14-2017, 02:58 PM
I think Boston needs them Nets and Grizzlies picks badly. Wizards got them to a game 7. Celtics on borrowed time with cheap contracts of Bradley and Crowder. Also IT be getting a monster contract soon. The Horford contract was a bit much for a guy on the decline. Just my opinion. Ainge was savvy though trading old geezers for a haul. I envy that. Know when to hold them and when to fold them.

Scoots
05-14-2017, 08:23 PM
Doing nothing would have been far, FAR better than what they did to Brooklyn. Managing to be the worst team in the NBA with no draft picks for years on end is unprecedented territory. The Clips managed to take over as the top team in LA and a top team in the league for half a decade with the talent they acquired (through trades and draft) under Sterling. So while yes he is a Trainwreck, I don't see the two as comparable. The Pels managed to acquire two of the top big men in the NBA (through various means), again, I don't see how that is comparable. The Nets have no present and no future, and it's not as if the trades went downhill due to a freak injury. They just made horrible, inexcusable decisions.

I don't deny the Nets are in terrible shape ... they still have not been bad enough long enough to have a phrase in the popular NBA lexicon like "Clippers gonna clip".

CELTICS4LYFE
05-14-2017, 09:19 PM
1. La
2. Bos
3. Dal

Mave1002
05-15-2017, 12:51 AM

Top 4 picks as follows

Lakers
Knicks
Celtics
Sixers

:clap:

TheDish87
05-15-2017, 08:57 AM
Knicks if they move up in the draft they will either go #2 or #3 I mean it is possible but then again Suns, Lakers and Celtics are top #3 protected so the Knicks most likely would end up at #6 or #7 then if anything

what are you talking about? thats not a thing.

hugepatsfan
05-15-2017, 10:19 AM
Celtics can go no lower than #4 and I'm pretty excited about that. I want Fultz so ****ing bad but I'd be more than content with Tatum or Josh Jackson. I even like Monk and Issac too. The one guy I don't like is Ball. If we get #2 though we can trade down to land one of those other guys (or trade him for a star).

warfelg
05-15-2017, 10:21 AM
Celtics can go no lower than #4 and I'm pretty excited about that. I want Fultz so ****ing bad but I'd be more than content with Tatum or Josh Jackson. I even like Monk and Issac too. The one guy I don't like is Ball. If we get #2 though we can trade down to land one of those other guys (or trade him for a star).

I think using that pick in a trade would be most likely.

Also Josh Jackson seems like lots of overlap with Brown doesn't he?

hugepatsfan
05-15-2017, 10:34 AM
I think using that pick in a trade would be most likely.

Also Josh Jackson seems like lots of overlap with Brown doesn't he?

I feel like if we get Fultz we keep him because he seems like a potential franchise building block caliber player. If we get Ball I think we trade him because he seems to be highly valued and would give that pikc some "weight" in trades. If it's below that, I feel the players aren't valued so high that the pick would have super trade value and Ainge would decide he'd have to package too many other pieces with it for a trade to be worth it. So in that case I think we take Jackson or Tatum. That's subject ot change of course but it's how I feel right now.

I actually kind of like the Jackson/Brown pairing TBH. I'd be very happy with them at SG/SF for the future. Jaylen's shot actually looked pretty good this year. Ainge compared him to Bradley coming out in that each I guess were good shooters in high school but then had a bad year in college as freshmen so people freaked the **** out about it. Not saying Brown is a sniper but he shot 34% from 3 last year and once he started getting consistent playing time it was 36%. I feel like going forward he can be a 35% shooter from deep which isn't bad. Jackson I guess shot really well as the season progressed so how well they think that translates is key. If he can be another "ok" shooter (~35%) I think it'll work.

warfelg
05-15-2017, 10:37 AM
I feel like if we get Fultz we keep him because he seems like a potential franchise building block caliber player. If we get Ball I think we trade him because he seems to be highly valued and would give that pikc some "weight" in trades. If it's below that, I feel the players aren't valued so high that the pick would have super trade value and Ainge would decide he'd have to package too many other pieces with it for a trade to be worth it. So in that case I think we take Jackson or Tatum. That's subject ot change of course but it's how I feel right now.

I actually kind of like the Jackson/Brown pairing TBH. I'd be very happy with them at SG/SF for the future. Jaylen's shot actually looked pretty good this year. Ainge compared him to Bradley coming out in that each I guess were good shooters in high school but then had a bad year in college as freshmen so people freaked the **** out about it. Not saying Brown is a sniper but he shot 34% from 3 last year and once he started getting consistent playing time it was 36%. I feel like going forward he can be a 35% shooter from deep which isn't bad. Jackson I guess shot really well as the season progressed so how well they think that translates is key. If he can be another "ok" shooter (~35%) I think it'll work.

Oh I agree on not trading it if it's Fultz. That's one you take him and figure out what to do later (personally I say package a future pick, Bradley, Crowder for a 4/5 and start Brown).

But if it's Ball because you land in that spot, and LAL (who in this situation wouldn't have a pick) calls up to offer away for the pick....what would it take? I think PHX would be another teams calling.

hugepatsfan
05-15-2017, 10:40 AM
I'm also a big fan of Monk for the Celtics too. I think he can really score the ball off the pine. We have the defensive dogs to cover him. If we get #2-4 I'd be very comfortable trading back to land him.

Sign Hayward in FA and use the room exception on a tough guy inside like Aron Bynes. Starting unit of IT/Bradley/Hayward/Horford/Bynes. Bench of Smart/Monk/Brown/Crowder/Zizic. I think Monk could really thrive as an off ball scorer there. I don't think he's as "well rounded" as Tatum or Jackson but I don't think ether of those guys are exactly franchise players and they lack, IMO, a top skill. Monk I think is more limited but he can be terrific in that role.

hugepatsfan
05-15-2017, 10:52 AM
Oh I agree on not trading it if it's Fultz. That's one you take him and figure out what to do later (personally I say package a future pick, Bradley, Crowder for a 4/5 and start Brown).

But if it's Ball because you land in that spot, and LAL (who in this situation wouldn't have a pick) calls up to offer away for the pick....what would it take? I think PHX would be another teams calling.

IDK if there's a 4/5 out there who fits the value of your trade. Drummond in DET or Jordan in LA if they blow it up (doubtful) but not a huge fan of that type of player. I don't want to commit that many minutes to a non-shooter. I like Horford at the 5 for stretches. At the C spot I just want a couple bangers who can play 15, up to 20, minutes each. If you commit those kinds of resources to a Drummond/Jordan type then you're kind of forced into playing "big" for the majority of the game.

If MEM decides to rebuild then Gasol is the guy though. I'd ****ing love him next to Horford because now you can play big but still have shooters at both the 4/5. Would be awesome to watch but unfortunately it's a pipe dream IMO.

Honestly, I'm not sure what it would take in a trade with LAL and PHX. The LAL pick is top 3 protected I know so I guess the only scenario that this would play out is if they get #3 and we get #2. To move up one spot, not sure what they'd give up. I wonder if instead of a "move up" it might be more like one of their young players for the pick (i.e. Ingram, D-Lo) because they decide they like Ball better.

In a deal with PHX, I really like Chriss (was right up there with Brown for me at #3 last year). A 1 for 1 trade doesn't feel like fair value though but I feel like whatever pick they get (#3, #4, #5) plus him is way too much. IDK what exactly the surrounding pieces would be but I'd want Chriss in the deal.

Kyben36
05-15-2017, 11:02 AM
i think that lonzo falls myself, been saying it for weeks, he has #1 type tallent no doubt, but his father, is way too much to deal with as a team. i would draft 4 other players over lonzo in this draft before dealing with his fathers b.s. and this is coming from a rose fan who hated the rose camp as much as anything.

Lakers will hopefully loose their pick ( i know thats not nice, but this whole tanking thing to keep their picks for years, i hope it doesnt work out for them. they traded for dwight and have really given away little to nothing in picks for it. all because of protection and tanking.

I hope that the 76ers dont win the lotery though either,

Kyben36
05-15-2017, 11:10 AM
personally, i think the celtics will end up with the 1st overall pick as well. just a hunch.

TheDish87
05-15-2017, 11:38 AM
i never understood why people feel tehy have a hunch or 'think' team x will get whatever pick. the lotto is completely random, youre just simply guessing based on nothing.

Kyben36
05-15-2017, 11:54 AM
i never understood why people feel tehy have a hunch or 'think' team x will get whatever pick. The lotto is completely random, youre just simply guessing based on nothing.

my "hunch" comes from the fact that i dont want it to happen, thusley, it will, i hate the celtics greedy *****, wont give up anything of value but want starts in return, its why they didnt get durant last year, they would not get that other big name guy to draw him, they would rather hold on and hope these young guys pan out.

Hustla23
05-15-2017, 11:58 AM
I wish the lottery was fixed. Then the Knicks would be running the league right now with five 20 something year old MVP candidates.

LA4life24/8
05-15-2017, 12:06 PM
If the lakers keep the pick they are not a lock on ball at all. They are also considering fox up there w the other top prospects so to sit here and say even if they get #1 they are taking ball is a little much. Just cuz hes an la guy, dont mean ish

TheDish87
05-15-2017, 01:29 PM
my "hunch" comes from the fact that i dont want it to happen, thusley, it will, i hate the celtics greedy *****, wont give up anything of value but want starts in return, its why they didnt get durant last year, they would not get that other big name guy to draw him, they would rather hold on and hope these young guys pan out.

you not wanting it to happen is completely different. i dont want it to happen either.

hugepatsfan
05-15-2017, 03:10 PM

Did a little digging and an interesting scenario for me if we get #2 is a trade with SAC. I guess right now they're projected (if the order holds) to have #8 and #10. If that happens and we get #2, let's say they fall in love with Ball. I'd do #2 for #8 and #10 to land Malik Monk and Zack Collins. I like Monk as a sparkplug scorer off the bench and think Collins would be a good fit in Stevens' offense. We'd head into free agency with:

IT/Smart/Rozier
Bradley/Monk
Crowder/Brown
Horford//Yabusele
Zizic/Collins

We'd be able to create max cap space for a guy like Hayward by dumping Rozier. That'd push Crowder to the bench probably with the following lineup:

IT/Smart
Bradley/Monk
Hayward/Brown
Horford/Crowder
Zizic/Collins

I'm a little uneasy about starting a rookie next to Horford but it's not like Amir sets the bar particularly high. And I'm sure we'd use the room exception on a big man as insurance.

Lakers + Giants
05-15-2017, 03:32 PM
Please just keep the ****ing pick.

More-Than-Most
05-15-2017, 03:52 PM
i feel bad for whomever drafts ball. I really do. I wouldnt take him top 3 but whatever....4-7 he should go.

mark1125
05-15-2017, 04:05 PM
i feel bad for whomever drafts ball. I really do. I wouldnt take him top 3 but whatever....4-7 he should go.

I'd love to see Lonzo fall out of top 3 or at least not get picked by the Lakers to watch his asshat father spin it. I have never rooted against a player who has never played an NBA game more than I have Ball.

tp13baby
05-15-2017, 04:35 PM
Lonzo is most certainly a top 3 pick, talent wise he is better than Fox although Fox outplayed him.

I have Dennis Smith being a better pro than Fox and very well could be better than Ball. He is the most balanced after Fultz.

mngopher35
05-15-2017, 04:40 PM
I like Fultz/Jackson/Isaac (this is more fit/hope he can reach potential than actually seeing him lol)/Tatum in order for Wolves and if we don't trade a pick hope we get one. I have only seen these guys a little though which is why I added the disclaimer on Isaac, I really am going off others/skillsets more than my own eyes.

If Ball were to fall to 6 it would be tough to say no though, just don't want his dad around lol.

Kyben36
05-15-2017, 05:43 PM
i'd love to see lonzo fall out of top 3 or at least not get picked by the lakers to watch his asshat father spin it. I have never rooted against a player who has never played an nba game more than i have ball.

sad for lonzo but he has literally dont very little to make you hate him, most of it is his father.

Kyben36
05-15-2017, 05:44 PM
I wish the lottery was fixed. Then the Knicks would be running the league right now with five 20 something year old MVP candidates.

THEY WOULD STILL **** IT UP SOME HOW :p

GREATNESS ONE
05-15-2017, 08:34 PM
Lonzo Ball will be the ROY.

FlashBolt
05-15-2017, 08:42 PM
Lonzo Ball will be the ROY.

Ben Simmons is still a rookie.

GREATNESS ONE
05-15-2017, 08:55 PM
Ben Simmons is still a rookie.

Lonzo Ball will be ROY.

xxplayerxx23
05-15-2017, 09:32 PM

Top 4 picks as follows

Lakers
Knicks
Celtics
Sixers

Hope so

xxplayerxx23
05-15-2017, 09:32 PM
1- Celtics
2- Suns
3- Lakers
4- Sixers
5- Knicks

Knicks can't get anything but 1 2 3 7 8 9

Raps18-19 Champ
05-15-2017, 09:36 PM
I want the Wolves to win.

mngopher35
05-15-2017, 09:54 PM
I want the Wolves to win.

Fantastic post, probably the best I've seen today!

Raps18-19 Champ
05-15-2017, 11:12 PM
Fantastic post, probably the best I've seen today!

I was hoping they won last year so Simmons can slot in nicely at PF. Too bad majority of the best players are PGs though this year. Rubio with 4 young athletic kids would be amazing to watch develop. The only PF out there is Isaac so I hope he goes to you and develops well.

More-Than-Most
05-15-2017, 11:47 PM
I just dont want the celtics to get fultz even though i think they will... I dont give a **** if we get the lakers pick or not... Best case if celtics get 2 or 3 and take ball... So I can LMFAO

Mave1002
05-16-2017, 12:00 AM
I just dont want the celtics to get fultz even though i think they will... I dont give a **** if we get the lakers pick or not... Best case if celtics get 2 or 3 and take ball... So I can LMFAO

As much as Id like this to happen, my team getting either Fultz or Jackson... I think the Celtics trade the top 3 pick and package it with Crowder + Olynyk or Zeller to get a "star in return". Either a SF and/or a PF to solidify their starting five.

But yeah, It'd be so nice if the Celtics get Blake Griffin, too.

Horford
Griffin
Butler/George (maybe even Hayward)
Bradley
Thomas

JAZZNC
05-16-2017, 04:34 AM
As much as Id like this to happen, my team getting either Fultz or Jackson... I think the Celtics trade the top 3 pick and package it with Crowder + Olynyk or Zeller to get a "star in return". Either a SF and/or a PF to solidify their starting five.

But yeah, It'd be so nice if the Celtics get Blake Griffin, too.

Horford
Griffin
Butler/George (maybe even Hayward)
Bradley
Thomas

I don't really like that team at all. Not enough balls to go around. IT, George, Blake all need the ball. Who's gonna be the guy just sitting around waiting on open shots? I feel like you take away from what makes those guys great asking one or two of them to just play off the ball and sit in the corner. I mean it could work but I just think they'd be better only getting one of those three guys to pair with IT.

Heediot
05-16-2017, 05:52 AM
I don't really like that team at all. Not enough balls to go around. IT, George, Blake all need the ball. Who's gonna be the guy just sitting around waiting on open shots? I feel like you take away from what makes those guys great asking one or two of them to just play off the ball and sit in the corner. I mean it could work but I just think they'd be better only getting one of those three guys to pair with IT.

Maybe for the Regular season, but in the playoffs you can never have enough guys that can score and create their own shot.

CELTICS4LYFE
05-16-2017, 09:14 AM
I think Frank Nitolik(Spell check) would be a good fit on the Knicks

warfelg
05-16-2017, 09:18 AM
I think Frank Nitolik(Spell check) would be a good fit on the Knicks

Ntilikina.

I think Smith is a better fit TBH.

hugepatsfan
05-16-2017, 09:25 AM
Before the results are in let me say that I think the lottery is crap and encourages more tanking. If you didn't have a lottery we wouldn't have the 9th worst team fighting to be the 6th worst team for better odds. The lottery does disincentive tanking at the very top of the draft IMO but really who cares? You're always going ot have a few really bad teams regardless if they're tanking or not. The lottery makes more teams tank.

warfelg
05-16-2017, 09:49 AM
Before the results are in let me say that I think the lottery is crap and encourages more tanking. If you didn't have a lottery we wouldn't have the 9th worst team fighting to be the 6th worst team for better odds. The lottery does disincentive tanking at the very top of the draft IMO but really who cares? You're always going ot have a few really bad teams regardless if they're tanking or not. The lottery makes more teams tank.

I've long argued for a tiered format to the lottery.

The NBA needs some sort of system in place because it's the only sport where a single player of a certain status can single handedly alter the balance of power.

I've developed a decent system with 3 tiers of 5 (including the 8 seed in each conference) where everyone in a tier has the same odds.

Then:
Lottery off the top pick to start:
Tier 1 is the 5 worst teams
Tier 2 is the 5 middle teams
Tier 3 is the 4 "best" teams plus the worst team from the playoffs (imagine that tanking, enough to be in the playoffs not enough to drop out)

Now the incentive to be the worst team is lower.

Odds:
For pick 3 - Tier 1 gets, 12% odds each. Tier 2 gets 5% odds each. Tier 3 teams get 3% odds each.

The left over odds for pick 2 (meaning the team picked) gets redistributed to tier 1, as well as the other 2 tiers losing 1% odds per team. The idea of the tiers below tier 1 getting lesser odds with each better pick is to lessen the chance of 1-2-3 coming from tier 2 and 3 only and bumping 3 teams from tier 1 pick range to tier 2 pick range.

So for pick two, the odds shift to 14% tier 1, 4% tier 2, 2% tier 3. And then either 12% (for pick 3 from tier 1) gets re-distributed to tier 1, 5% from tier 3 goes to tier 1, or 3% from tier 3 goes to tier 1.

Then do the same thing for pick #1 with the odds redistribution.

What this does is instead of teams racing for the absolute worst record, they are trying to just be in a range of 5 teams, meaning the "tanking" happens in those in between places. But at those levels your odds for a higher pick are still better than they were before the change.

--------------------------------------------------

Effectively what I'm trying to do is take away the importance of being the absolute worst team in the NBA. Now is doesn't matter if you are the worst or 3rd worst, you have the same odds. Doesn't matter if you are the 9th worse of 7th worse, same odds. Then I had a friend give some input:

If you are the "best" team in a tier (aka 6th worse or 11th worse) that isn't the worst team in the league, you get more of the revenue share (small enough to not matter, large enough to make it worth it). In the "worst" tier (teams 1-5) it's the team with the 5th worse record that gets it. And he added the kicker that it goes to the coach and players. So now they have incentive to play better too.

Hawkeye15
05-16-2017, 11:16 AM
I was hoping they won last year so Simmons can slot in nicely at PF. Too bad majority of the best players are PGs though this year. Rubio with 4 young athletic kids would be amazing to watch develop. The only PF out there is Isaac so I hope he goes to you and develops well.

I have no interest in Ball, but Fultz can play off the ball, which would allow us to move Lavine to the bench when he comes back. Plus, it gives Fultz, and the team, time to figure out what position he belongs at.

But, the Wolves won't win the lottery. And I won't get to dip into Kate Upton. There are just certainties in life...

ManRam
05-16-2017, 11:22 AM
Wouldn't mind the Magic getting some good luck for once!

Hawkeye15
05-16-2017, 11:30 AM
Wouldn't mind the Magic getting some good luck for once!

1992-93' drafts dude.

hugepatsfan
05-16-2017, 02:02 PM
Overall I feel great about BOS. Fultz is the clear cut #1 so it'd obviously be disappointing to not land him but I really like Jackson and Monk and think either would be a terrific pick. Not a big fan of Ball's style (ball dominant & non-shooter) but I figure that if we did get #4 (which is as low as we can go) that he'd get taken in the top 3 by someone. That means that one of Fultz/Jackson/Monk should be ours and I feel great about that.

hugepatsfan
05-16-2017, 03:57 PM
As a Celtics fan I want #1 but as an NBA fan I think best is PHI/BOS/LAL.

PHI gets another young stud to where they probably kick it into high gear.

BOS gets #2 where the value of Ball lines up best to force them to make a trade that increases CLE's playoff competition instead of playing the long game since I don't think Ball is a Stevens' type of player (ball dominant, non-shooter).

Lakers get to add another young stud to try and build their core and return them to prominence Probably through FA) rather than lose the pick to PHI this year.

Hawkeye15
05-16-2017, 04:12 PM
As a Celtics fan I want #1 but as an NBA fan I think best is PHI/BOS/LAL.

PHI gets another young stud to where they probably kick it into high gear.

BOS gets #2 where the value of Ball lines up best to force them to make a trade that increases CLE's playoff competition instead of playing the long game since I don't think Ball is a Stevens' type of player (ball dominant, non-shooter).

Lakers get to add another young stud to try and build their core and return them to prominence Probably through FA) rather than lose the pick to PHI this year.

If the Lakers keep their pick (I, as a hater, hope they don't), I hope they take that drama queen Ball.

LOb0
05-16-2017, 04:14 PM
If the Lakers keep their pick (I, as a hater, hope they don't), I hope they take that drama queen Ball.

Already rigged for them to get the number 1 pick.

tp13baby
05-16-2017, 04:31 PM
Since my team, the Avs got royally ****ed in the NHL draft lottery, the Nuggets tonight move up for the first time in their history.

Just kidding. Ball not to the Lakers will be satisfying for me.

GREATNESS ONE
05-16-2017, 04:41 PM

Lolololol :love: over the years of **** talking and battling and hating! I found some enjoyement in your views! Gotta love hawky!

I'm a big Ball supporter, would be perfectly ideal for him to be a Laker since you already hate him!

GREATNESS ONE
05-16-2017, 04:42 PM
Already rigged for them to get the number 1 pick.

It's going to be

#1 Boston
#2 Lakers
#3 ????

mngopher35
05-16-2017, 04:44 PM

Shocking enough I was hoping we won last year for Simmons too lol.

I actually really like the idea of Isaac panning out as our PF of the future. I haven't watched him a ton but he is high on my rankings of who I want because of his potential/fit long term if he turns out. I know what you mean about the pg's, if we happened to move up I would take Fultz still though I think. Seems like too much talent to pass up but again I don't watch these guys a ton.

5ass
05-16-2017, 04:47 PM
Shocking enough I was hoping we won last year for Simmons too lol.

I actually really like the idea of Isaac panning out as our PF of the future. I haven't watched him a ton but he is high on my rankings of who I want because of his potential/fit long term if he turns out. I know what you mean about the pg's, if we happened to move up I would take Fultz still though I think. Seems like too much talent to pass up but again I don't watch these guys a ton.
Yeah I think Isaac would be perfect next to Towns. I want the Magic to draft him. I love his potential as a stretch 4 and possible small ball 5 in some line ups if he can get stronger.

Hawkeye15
05-16-2017, 05:16 PM
Lolololol :love: over the years of **** talking and battling and hating! I found some enjoyement in your views! Gotta love hawky!

I'm a big Ball supporter, would be perfectly ideal for him to be a Laker since you already hate him!

I actually know nothing about Ball except he already annoys me.

Bostonjorge
05-16-2017, 05:51 PM

You would really appreciate his game. Someone who makes great passes and more importantly don't turn the ball over or throw it away. What a PG is really suppose to be.

Bostonjorge
05-16-2017, 05:58 PM
If Boston gets #1 I would see if locking up Futlz is worth it to Chicago for Butler.

LAL get ball at #2 move Russell to SG.

Suns get Jackson at #3.

Tatum has moved from out of the top 10 to top 5 projected. He keeps improving. He's already a top score in this draft.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 06:29 PM
Lol this draft is being so overrated man... gonna be some hurt feelings next year when players take a dump going forward... Just insane about how all of a sudden Fultz looks like a Generational talent and the top 5 are cant miss guys etc etc etc... ***** insane... Fultz is number 1 but there isnt some massive drop off after him nor is Ball etc cant miss guys jesus christ.

I feel bad for the team that takes Ball... Dude is a top talent but the his dad... Id take ball 3-4-5 after fultz and jackson... Any team that takes tatum inside the top 5 are losers period.

GREATNESS ONE
05-16-2017, 06:38 PM
Markell Fultz is the real deal, looks like a young Wade/Westy combination.

He finishes great with both hands, has a sweet mid range game and his first step is excellent. Whoever drafts the kid is getting a stud.

Lonzo Ball is the kind of player that comes around every 10-15 years. A unselfish playmaker, with deep range. Lonzo needs to be in the right situation to succeed though, especially with his brash father. Lonzo is going to be special the way he pushes the court and all of his very very intelligent Bball IQ.

zn23
05-16-2017, 06:44 PM
I just hope the Sixers don't get the no.1 pick again.

warfelg
05-16-2017, 06:47 PM
#Samstown

Raps18-19 Champ
05-16-2017, 06:54 PM
I have no interest in Ball, but Fultz can play off the ball, which would allow us to move Lavine to the bench when he comes back. Plus, it gives Fultz, and the team, time to figure out what position he belongs at.

But, the Wolves won't win the lottery. And I won't get to dip into Kate Upton. There are just certainties in life...

You don't like Zach in the starting lineup? What about Rubio? Thibs still wants to trade him?

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 07:15 PM
Markell Fultz is the real deal, looks like a young Wade/Westy combination.

He finishes great with both hands, has a sweet mid range game and his first step is excellent. Whoever drafts the kid is getting a stud.

Lonzo Ball is the kind of player that comes around every 10-15 years. A unselfish playmaker, with deep range. Lonzo needs to be in the right situation to succeed though, especially with his brash father. Lonzo is going to be special the way he pushes the court and all of his very very intelligent Bball IQ.

so every top 3 player over the last few years?

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 07:17 PM
are they already overrating next years draft? its becoming a theme the past 5 years.

Lakers + Giants
05-16-2017, 07:23 PM
In about an hour ima be in here raging at all of you. I already know were losing the pick. **** all of you in advance.

Ezekial
05-16-2017, 07:33 PM
I still can't believe this Brooklyn and Boston thing is real life.

:hope: Lakers fall out

Ezekial
05-16-2017, 07:34 PM

He's never annoyed me in his life.

His pops is a piece of human garbage though.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 07:38 PM
In about an hour ima be in here raging at all of you. I already know were losing the pick. **** all of you in advance.

na its rigged... they made us get rid of hinkie and gave us simmons because of it... Magic talked to silver... pick is in the bag... number 1 overall as well. You guys good.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 07:39 PM
He's never annoyed me in his life.

His pops is a piece of human garbage though.

honestly his pop is a genius... I hate the idiot but he is a genius.

tredigs
05-16-2017, 07:42 PM
Lol this draft is being so overrated man... gonna be some hurt feelings next year when players take a dump going forward... Just insane about how all of a sudden Fultz looks like a Generational talent and the top 5 are cant miss guys etc etc etc... ***** insane... Fultz is number 1 but there isnt some massive drop off after him nor is Ball etc cant miss guys jesus christ.

I feel bad for the team that takes Ball... Dude is a top talent but the his dad... Id take ball 3-4-5 after fultz and jackson... Any team that takes tatum inside the top 5 are losers period.

Disagree, it's not the most star studded we've seen, but the implications between who gets what pick (or no pick at all), etc are what make this one of the more significant drafts in a long time. There's definitely talent as well. I can see both Fultz and Jackson being superstar level talents (especially given their rep as extremely hard workers), and Ball + Fox are only going to further saturate the already dominant PG landscape we've got right now. I don't watch enough college ball outside of the blue-chip recruits and the tourney to know about any sleepers yet, but rest assure we'll have one or two. Just think about some of the top talent in the NBA right now:

Steph Curry: 7th pick
Kawhi Leonard: 15th pick
Giannis: 15th pick
Rudy Gobert: 27th pick
Jimmy Butler: 30th pick
Draymond Green: 35th pick
Khris Middleton: 39th pick
IT: 60th pick

But yeah, this year, it's about more than the players itself as different organizations have a lot on the line (most of all the Lakers).

KobeOwnSU
05-16-2017, 07:43 PM
na its rigged... they made us get rid of hinkie and gave us simmons because of it... Magic talked to silver... pick is in the bag... number 1 overall as well. You guys good.

He is saying that Woj tweeted the Lakers lost their pick and then quickly deleted the tweet.

tredigs
05-16-2017, 07:50 PM

47% chance to keep it, 53% chance to lose it (and the 2019 pick to boot).

This is an AK suited versus JJ all-in preflop level "coin toss" for the Lakers future. It's insane. GL I am actually rooting for the Lakers on this one. The NBA needs that fanbases energy again.

Lakers + Giants
05-16-2017, 07:53 PM
47% chance to keep it, 53% chance to lose it (and the 2019 pick to boot).

This is an AK suited versus JJ all-in preflop level "coin toss" for the Lakers future. It's insane. GL I am actually rooting for the Lakers on this one. The NBA needs that fanbases energy again.

Yup, you know me. As the gambler that I am, I looked at it like either betting Red or Black in Roulette, not quite 50% but hopefully close enough.

Appreciate it btw, but I already know we lost the pick :crying:

tredigs
05-16-2017, 07:56 PM
Yup, you know me. As the gambler that I am, I looked at it like either betting Red or Black in Roulette, not quite 50% but hopefully close enough.

Appreciate it btw, but I already know we lost the pick :crying:
Wait did it already leak? Or just hedging your happiness lol?

Lakers + Giants
05-16-2017, 07:57 PM
Wait did it already leak? Or just hedging your happiness lol?

I'm a gambler, you know :laugh2:

warfelg
05-16-2017, 08:06 PM
ESPN talking way too much about the Sixers picking 1&4 for my comfort.

Aust
05-16-2017, 08:08 PM
Just wanted to congrats the Sixer fans in advance on getting the #4 or #5 pick. We had to pay the piper at some point.

C-ross12
05-16-2017, 08:18 PM
Pure guess here..

1: Suns
2: Lakers
3: Celtics
4: Sixers
5: Knicks
6: Magic
7: Timberwolves
8: Kings
9: Mavericks
10: Kings
11: Hornets
12: Pistons
13: Nuggets
14: Heat

warfelg
05-16-2017, 08:22 PM
Pure guess here..

1: Suns
2: Lakers
3: Celtics
4: Sixers
5: Knicks
6: Magic
7: Timberwolves
8: Kings
9: Mavericks
10: Kings
11: Hornets
12: Pistons
13: Nuggets
14: Heat

You realize the Knicks can't get 5 right?

C-ross12
05-16-2017, 08:24 PM
You realize the Knicks can't get 5 right?

So many stipulations.. Why can't the Knicks get five?

DillyDill
05-16-2017, 08:27 PM
I'm staying forever optimistic we keeping our pick!!

warfelg
05-16-2017, 08:30 PM
So many stipulations.. Why can't the Knicks get five?

The lottery is for 1-3. So if they aren't 1/2/3, they can only be pushed back from their current 7 to 8 or 9 if someone behind them jumps into the top 3.

5ass
05-16-2017, 08:40 PM

I agree with this draft being overrated.

tredigs
05-16-2017, 08:40 PM
So when the hell is the draft? Thought it started at 5. They're going to pin it h2h against the Western Conference Finals? So bad.

Aust
05-16-2017, 08:41 PM
draft lottery is starting right now guys

warfelg
05-16-2017, 08:42 PM
Joel is the man. I love him. That accent is so sexy.

warfelg
05-16-2017, 08:43 PM
So when the hell is the draft? Thought it started at 5. They're going to pin it h2h against the Western Conference Finals? So bad.

The draft isn't for another month lol. This is just the lottery.

Cal827
05-16-2017, 08:44 PM
All right guys, how do you think they're gonna rig it this time?

I'll say that the Kings will somehow lose both of their picks...

They'll fall out of the top 10
The Hornets will end up in the top 3

and finally, the Lakers will hang on to their pick, get first overall :laugh2:

tredigs
05-16-2017, 08:44 PM
Oh no, both are on ESPN so we don't have to worry about that. Good.

tredigs
05-16-2017, 08:45 PM
The draft isn't for another month lol. This is just the lottery.

You know what I mean.

warfelg
05-16-2017, 08:47 PM

The kings will have at least one pick.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 08:48 PM
within 3 years we will have an all day draft lottery event... they milk the **** out of this and with how out of hand prospects are being overrated the NBA will jump at it... Its smart.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 08:49 PM
Nono tre I agree the draft is good but they have made it seem like there are 10 superstars coming out of this ***** and that the top 4 are better than all other top 1 and 2 picks over the past 5 years... Its not that serious... Look at where Dray and klay were taken.

hugepatsfan
God please let Boston win

warfelg
My bad did realize that they still owed the pick to Chicago potentially.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 08:51 PM
holy **** sac got top 3 lmfao embiid

warfelg
05-16-2017, 08:51 PM
Pick swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 08:52 PM
see lakers kept their pick... NOT RIGGED AT ALL lol.. but I am glad we are top 3

mngopher35
Classic wolves moving down, just once it would be awesome to move up. We have been here enough lol

Cal827

Knew that Sacremento would be screwed over in some way :laugh2:

More-Than-Most
JUST DONT LET BOSTON BE 1 lol

warfelg
We're gonna end up with 1.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 08:53 PM
sixer and laker fans unite against the evil empire.

Aust
holy ****!!!!! yeah ababy

Lakers + Giants
:dance: IDGAF about 1-2 or 3 just wanted to keep it.

More-Than-Most
We're gonna end up with 1.

you deserve death for ****ing us thanks

warfelg
Philly love out to Vlade!!!

still1ballin
05-16-2017, 08:54 PM
Do the LT

:dance:

Cal827
holy **** sac got top 3 lmfao embiid

Who knew Nic Stauskas would come back to **** with the Kings :laugh2:

ball4reel
Lakers get the 1st i bet

mngopher35
Lol what trade was that swap? Stauskus etc dump? Lolz

tredigs
Wow, HUGE for the Lakers and Sixers. I'm pretty happy. The Lakers fans have reason to get amped again, and that is GREAT for the NBA (and forums, etc).

hugepatsfan
We should get fultz or Jackson so I'm happy.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 08:55 PM

lmfao yup

Cal827
Philly-Sac switch reminds me of this :laugh2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4fLb1A47gs

More-Than-Most
well thank christ we arent 2... I want no parts of ball.

Cal827
Also

LOL Brooklyn

Aust
05-16-2017, 08:56 PM
**** I wanted Fultz LOL

More-Than-Most
Jj coming to philly

Lakers + Giants
3 straight years #2.

OMFG Lavar Ball for the next 10 years

ball4reel
I think i hear Nets fans jumping off bridges now, shhh listen!!!!!

Lil Rhody
About damn time.

#1 seed and pick yesssss the dream season is real

Raps18-19 Champ
05-16-2017, 08:57 PM
:laugh2:

Nets fans crying.

tredigs
Lonzo Ball goes to the Lakers - the world is perfect lmao.

More-Than-Most
the celtics cant **** this up and choose ball can they lol

warfelg

We also own their 2019 unprotected 1st.

hugepatsfan
Omg!!!!

Lil Rhody
05-16-2017, 08:58 PM
the celtics cant **** this up and choose ball can they lol

Come on our FO isn't stupid.

More-Than-Most
really think about how happy these draft picks must be... boston/lakers/philly... 3 of the biggest markets.

aman_13
Ball better go to the Lakers.

GiantsSwaGG
Suns and Magic got SCREWED lol

hugepatsfan
05-16-2017, 08:59 PM
BOS just addressed their need for bench scoring I think

More-Than-Most
See we get top 3 pick/Embiid/Simmons/Saric/TLC and the lakers unprotected next year and the kings unprotected 2019 lol

Lakers + Giants
Wow, HUGE for the Lakers and Sixers. I'm pretty happy. The Lakers fans have reason to get amped again, and that is GREAT for the NBA (and forums, etc).

Appreciate it! :)

BKLYNpigeon
05-16-2017, 09:00 PM
Now Boston should trade that pick for PG

C-ross12

Suns can still take Tatum, Jackson or Fox, depending on who falls where. Not exactly a terrible situation.

Heediot
Josh Jackson is just as good of a prospect as Lonzo, so Ball etched in at number 2 wasn't a guarantee. It was 50/50 to me, depending on who the execs of a team liked and fit as well.

LA4life24/8
05-16-2017, 09:01 PM
Oh yeeeeeeeah! Lakers babaaaaaay

More-Than-Most
I feel bad for the lakers... I rather they get 1 over boston and get fultz... 10 games in Russ/Ball will be killing each other in the locker room because of ball daddy

bucketss
can anyone find the pierce/garnett trade thread. i want to see how many people thought it was a good idea to trade all those picks for washed up players.

Lil Rhody
05-16-2017, 09:02 PM
Now Boston should trade that pick for PG

So he can bolt to LA

No thanks give me control of a player for four years please

tredigs
05-16-2017, 09:03 PM

I mean sort of. Magic only had a 55% chance of a top 5 pick and the Suns a 55% chance at top 3. So finishing 6th and 4th respectively had a pretty significantly chance of happening. They're still going to get some promising pieces.

tredigs
05-16-2017, 09:04 PM
BOS just addressed their need for bench scoring I think

By adding Isaiah Thomas to their bench? ; )

Lil Rhody
05-16-2017, 09:06 PM
I still can't believe this ****.

Heediot
Ainge not making a deal at the deadline paid off. Having the guaranteed number 1 pick just juiced up the value of the pick if he wants to trade it.

hugepatsfan
1) draft Fultz

2) tie Hayward up and force him to sign

3) room exception on a vet big like Aron Bynes

4) bring Ante Zizic over

IT/Fultz
Bradley/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Horford/Crowder
Bynes/Zizic

Another step forward for us and long term future in tact

shep33
Lakers don't lose their 2019 now. Thank the lord

warfelg
05-16-2017, 09:07 PM
By adding Isaiah Thomas to their bench? ; )

Will be interesting if the agents of top players hold true to their threat.

Saddletramp
05-16-2017, 09:08 PM
I feel bad for the lakers... I rather they get 1 over boston and get fultz... 10 games in Russ/Ball will be killing each other in the locker room because of ball daddy

Yeah, it's going to be awesome to watch.

hugepatsfan
05-16-2017, 09:09 PM

Fultz has said multiple times that he and IT would be great together. They have a relationship already. Not worried about him not wanting to come. And no one else matters.

Dade County
05-16-2017, 09:11 PM
See we get top 3 pick/Embiid/Simmons/Saric/TLC and the lakers unprotected next year and the kings unprotected 2019 lol

You think your team takes Monk?

warfelg
05-16-2017, 09:12 PM

No. Colangelo isn't that stupid. He'll take whoever is left.

mngopher35
I think that makes 20 times in the lottery without moving up (and one more time keeping #1 I won't count). Considering how often we pick high that's pretty rough

Aust
Yo Boston, could ya pick Ball or Jackson or trade it to a team that would pick one of em? I want Fultz.

If we draft Ball, which is highly likely, I hope we don't regret passing up Jackson who I like. I'm not as high on Ball as a lot of Laker fans.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 09:14 PM
Yo Boston, could ya pick Ball or Jackson or trade it to a team that would pick one of em? I want Fultz.

If we draft Ball, which is highly likely, I hope we don't regret passing up Jackson who I like. I'm not as high on Ball as a lot of Laker fans.

neither am I... JJ and Fultz are the cream of the crops to me

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 09:15 PM

with colangelo probably... He will find a way to **** this up if JJ is on the board.

Hulk6
05-16-2017, 09:16 PM

i logged in just to tell u that you have by far the worst opinions on sports ive ever seen, if you still cant see that what lavar was doing was just marketing ur just another sheep

Cal827
05-16-2017, 09:18 PM
No. Colangelo isn't that stupid. He'll take whoever is left.

:laugh2:

Sorry, I'm getting Bargnani flashbacks..... though he actually drafted decently, he would never give up on that guy

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 09:20 PM
i logged in just to tell u that you have by far the worst opinions on sports ive ever seen, if you still cant see that what lavar was doing was just marketing ur just another sheep

lmfao and you think that will stop NOW THAT HES A LAKER? GTFO... 10 games in if russ is holding the ball or taking shot away etc its a wrap... GET MY SON THE BALL.. HE A BALLER.... HE THE TRUE MVP.. GET BALL THE BALL THE BALL THE BALL.

Hulk6
05-16-2017, 09:22 PM
lmfao and you think that will stop NOW THAT HES A LAKER? GTFO... 10 games in if russ is holding the ball or taking shot away etc its a wrap... GET MY SON THE BALL.. HE A BALLER.... HE THE TRUE MVP.. GET BALL THE BALL THE BALL THE BALL.

yup ur just a clown, youve been wrong so many times, just another one

JJ_JKidd
05-16-2017, 09:24 PM
Lets see if the Lakers draft the Baller Boy. If I am Magic id be cautious as Baller Boy Sr might become a distraction (on and off-court) that management cant handle.

Heediot
05-16-2017, 09:24 PM

Straight up.

I can't believe the amount of people falling for the guys act. I think Lavar is smarter then people give him credit for.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 09:28 PM
yup ur just a clown, youve been wrong so many times, just another one

you logged in because you are a laker troll and havent been able to say **** for the longest... now that you are drafted ball possibly its okafor 2.0 where you guys say he is the bestest in the world etc etc etc until the season starts when his father is a big *** distraction and the kid has so much added pressure on him he falls under it.

warfelg
05-16-2017, 09:30 PM

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 09:31 PM

hinkie the god

Cal827
05-16-2017, 09:32 PM
Jesus, I leave this forum for a few months, and I see that people will just sign on to start beef now :laugh2:

warfelg
05-16-2017, 09:33 PM

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 09:33 PM

lol not fixed at all... :rolleyes:

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 09:35 PM
Jesus, I leave this forum for a few months, and I see that people will just sign on to start beef now :laugh2:

lol my rebuttal will just be

Embiid
Saric
Simmons
TLC
Holmes
Covington
top 3 pick
lakers pick next year
sac pick the year after

lol

Dade County
05-16-2017, 09:36 PM

Welcome back

Cal827
05-16-2017, 09:37 PM
As a Raptors fan, I'm quite curious to what they decide to do... Boston should be able to make a gap between the two, while Philly should be fighting soon too (especially if Lowry wants to play back in his home state). They do have some younger pieces that could draw interest. I'm curious if they'll take Lowry's decision on whether to resign with the team away from him, and go risk getting someone who would be cheaper for a couple years and might be available depending on where prospects go (E.g. Eric Bledsoe), then try to open space to acquire another star to join them....

Then again, someone would have to probably take Caroll's contract too :laugh2:

Cal827
05-16-2017, 09:38 PM
Welcome back

Thanks, nice to see some people I remember still here :D

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 09:38 PM
Holiday/Lowry
Jackson
Covington
Simmons
Embiid

This defense wins a ton of games.

Aust
05-16-2017, 09:39 PM
fwiw, I'd rather have Ingram over any of the 3 top prospects

PAOboston
05-16-2017, 09:39 PM
What are they going to do? Refuse to report? They don't have much leverage.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

JLynn943
05-16-2017, 09:41 PM
As a Kings fan, I wish we had the third and could get JJ, but I'm not mad. Most likely scenario was getting the 8 and 10, so we still improved on that. Just very much the Kings luck to not move up all these years out of the playoffs until we don't own the pick.

jason6692
05-16-2017, 09:41 PM

Lol sum1 is limited or did you start watching when 35 signed in GS

still1ballin
05-16-2017, 09:45 PM
Holiday/Lowry
Jackson
Covington
Simmons
Embiid

This defense wins a ton of games.

Maybe if they can stay on the floor

zn23
05-16-2017, 09:49 PM
Do the Celtics draft Fultz or trade the no.1 pick for someone like Jimmy Butler?

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Maybe if they can stay on the floor

Still won 28 games without them lol... There isnt a person alive outside of laker fans that would take any laker over any of simmons/embiid/saric... Not one.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 09:53 PM
Do the Celtics draft Fultz or trade the no.1 pick for someone like Jimmy Butler?

3 team trade.... sixers/bulls/celtics... celtics get butler... Sixers get the number 1.... Bulls get Crowder/number 3 pick/Oka and multiple 2nd rounders from celtics/sixers

Just because id rather promise we get fultz or Jackson.

Dade County
05-16-2017, 09:53 PM

I just dont think a player like Butler is enough of series changer.

They should only trade it for a true Super Star. Or for young star players like KP, Booker...etc

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 09:54 PM
I just dont think a player like Butler is enough of series changer.

They should only trade it for a true Super Star.

cant even take this seriously.

Dade County
05-16-2017, 09:56 PM
cant even take this seriously.

So Butler on the C's can beat Lbj or GS? The answer is no.

Rocco007
05-16-2017, 10:02 PM
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::d ance::dance::dance:

Los Angeles Lakers keep No. 2 pick, are biggest NBA lottery winners

NEW YORK — The Los Angeles Lakers did not get the pick they wanted, but they got the one they needed.

Now, it’s on new Lakers president of basketball operations Magic Johnson to deliver.

The 2017 NBA Draft Lottery felt like a throwback to the 1980s. The Boston Celtics won the No. 1 overall pick, and the Philadelphia 76ers took the third pick. But it was the Lakers with the most on the line — they would have lost the pick if not selected in the top three — and they nailed it by landing the No. 2 overall pick for the third consecutive season. What's more, had the Lakers pick fallen outside of the top three, it would'be meant a 2019 first round pick to the Orlando Magic as well.

The Lakers are in an intriguing position now that they have saved this pick: They have a bunch of talented young players and no reason not to try as hard as possible next season. Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson are entering their crucial fourth seasons, when it should become clearer where they place in the Lakers’ long-term plans. But the bigger pressure is on D’Angelo Russell, who enters his third season with many still believing he can be a franchise star on the offensive end.

Adding another elite prospect, be it Lonzo Ball, Josh Jackson, Jayson Tatum or De’Aaron Fox, should free Russell up as an on- and off-ball playmaker. It also should help Brandon Ingram, the 19-year-old No. 2 overall pick who was asked to do a bit too much during the second half of the season yet still responded with improved production.

Johnson and general manager Rob Pelinka will need to deal with a few mistakes of their predecessors, including the 2012 Steve Nash trade that almost cost them this year’s first-rounder and will cost them next year’s. Oversized contracts for aging veterans Luol Deng and Timofey Mozgov last offseason do not fit with the team’s rebuilding plan, and the young core is nearly devoid of defensive-minded players.

But this is a franchise that had never missed the playoffs for three consecutive years before this current string of four absences in a row. Luke Walton is the Lakers’ fourth head coach of the past five seasons, but he is held in esteem throughout the franchise. Still, he joins Johnson and Pelinka, a longtime player agent, as a relatively inexperienced group at the top of a legendary franchise.

The 2017 NBA Draft Lottery has given the Lakers a shot at the talent boost they need. Can “Showtime” return?

Follow USA TODAY Sports' Adi Joseph on Twitter @AdiJoseph.

joeystats
05-16-2017, 10:05 PM
This More-Than-Most dude makes my head hurt. Pretty funny stuff though lol.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 10:07 PM
This More-Than-Most dude makes my head hurt. Pretty funny stuff though lol.

lmfao look at all the laker fans return :laugh:

holy ****.

GiantsSwaGG
05-16-2017, 10:07 PM
fwiw, I'd rather have Ingram over any of the 3 top prospects

Stay off the drugs man

joeystats
05-16-2017, 10:21 PM
lmfao look at all the laker fans return :laugh:

holy ****.

All I'm gonna say is you have some crazy thoughts bro. I haven't even said a word about the Lakers. There are people who will say negative extremes about the Lakers that are completely ridiculous and there are also people who will say positive extremes about the Lakers when they are just delusional. Then you have the group in the middle, the realistic ones, which is where I fall. You on the other hand... well it's kind of obvious where you fall.

Aust
05-16-2017, 10:21 PM
Stay off the drugs man

I'm not the only one :shrug:

I've seen how much potential he has.

tredigs
05-16-2017, 10:22 PM
We've missed you, Lakers fans. Welcome back!!

KnickNyKnick
05-16-2017, 10:23 PM
yay lakers! need to have this team and NY back in the playoffs

tredigs
05-16-2017, 10:25 PM

LA4life24/8
05-16-2017, 10:34 PM
Its not fixed for fhucks sake guys... how can it be? There's video proof. Its just the basketball gods shining on the lakers for not tanking as hard as they could have...

Lol or its just dumb luck. And im okay w it.

I want JJ at #2 if im bein honest.

Crackadalic
05-16-2017, 10:35 PM
Curious who the 76ers will pick. If its fit then Monk. BPA is Jackson

Wolves is another one. They have a bunch of guards but will they go for someone like DSjr or go big like Isaac.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 10:38 PM
All I'm gonna say is you have some crazy thoughts bro. I haven't even said a word about the Lakers. There are people who will say negative extremes about the Lakers that are completely ridiculous and there are also people who will say positive extremes about the Lakers when they are just delusional. Then you have the group in the middle, the realistic ones, which is where I fall. You on the other hand... well it's kind of obvious where you fall.

i have been pro lakers probably longer than you in your forum while you vanished because the team wasnt good... wanna try again?

Scoots
05-16-2017, 10:39 PM
Once the Lakers were in the top 3 I wanted them to get #1 so they would have to CHOOSE Ball rather than settle for him.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 10:41 PM
Its not fixed for fhucks sake guys... how can it be? There's video proof. Its just the basketball gods shining on the lakers for not tanking as hard as they could have...

Lol or its just dumb luck. And im okay w it.

I want JJ at #2 if im bein honest.

my big board is

Fultz/JJ

Ball/Issac or however you spell his name
Monk

I have no issues with ball... I just dont think he is as good as JJ/Fultz... Top 3 was key though if I am being honest... Because I expect one of the teams ahead to take ball which leaves fultz or JJ as a massive ****ing consolation prize.

joeystats
05-16-2017, 10:44 PM
The 76ers will find a way to eff up their pick for sure. Embid can't stay healthy, Okafor can't play D, Simmons cannot shoot. I am thinking they will take Monk who is way undersized or they will take Josh Jackson who will most likely get into some trouble.

valade16
05-16-2017, 10:44 PM

Not to start conspiracy theories but they draw numbers and some dude has a paper of what number combos mean which team picks. What if that guy just has a paper that says who will be getting what picks regardless of the numbers? Who else has that paper that verifies what numbers equal who gets the pick?

mngopher35
05-16-2017, 10:48 PM
It's definitely fixed.

If the Twolves had won it totally wouldn't be though, these results just weren't what I wanted. FIXED!

joeystats
05-16-2017, 10:48 PM
Lakers clearly fixed the draft just so they could laugh at Philly

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 10:52 PM
The 76ers will find a way to eff up their pick for sure. Embid can't stay healthy, Okafor can't play D, Simmons cannot shoot. I am thinking they will take Monk who is way undersized or they will take Josh Jackson who will most likely get into some trouble.

again saric/simmons and embiid would be taken 1/2/3 over everyone your team has :shrug:

Cant eff up their potential sorry. I am an ingram guy but simmons would have to gain 300 pounds not to have a better rookie season than ingram last year or most of if not all of the top 10 guys from last year.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 10:53 PM
Lakers clearly fixed the draft just so they could laugh at Philly

it would only hurt philly if your pick was turning into a 2nd next year... its an unprotected first... MAAAAAAN we are hurting.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 10:54 PM
Aust and others at least suffered through the pain of the tank... these others guys that are showing up only when something good happens for the lakers is laughable lol.

Aust
05-16-2017, 10:59 PM
Aust and others at least suffered through the pain of the tank... these others guys that are showing up only when something good happens for the lakers is laughable lol.

Imma be sufferin more if Ball busts. I need to watch more in-depth film, but as of now, he scares the hell outta me. Boom or bust prospect.

tredigs
05-16-2017, 11:00 PM
Not to start conspiracy theories but they draw numbers and some dude has a paper of what number combos mean which team picks. What if that guy just has a paper that says who will be getting what picks regardless of the numbers? Who else has that paper that verifies what numbers equal who gets the pick?

I'm not sure how Ernst & Young (a massive international corporation that would never risk its name/$30 billion a year revenue for the NBA) precisely goes through the process, but you can rest assure that the heads of these hundred million dollar organizations demand enough transparency for 100% peace of mind. Hence no team official ever even insinuating the smallest amount of doubt in the process.

joeystats
05-16-2017, 11:01 PM
Philly will rinse and repeat in the next few years. Traded Noel last year. They will probably trade Okafor this year. Then they will be forced to trade Embid in a year or two because he can't stay healthy. Simmons will then demand a trade to the Lakers, and there you go. Last but not least they will draft LaMelo Ball who will also force his way out eventually. Glad I'm not a Philly fan, gotta be rough. Allen Iverson was cool though.

CityofTreez
05-16-2017, 11:02 PM
#5, #10, #23 for the Kings.....

Popped 3 Xanny's just so I can't feel nothing at the gym.

Lakers + Giants
05-16-2017, 11:03 PM

Which one am I?

joeystats
05-16-2017, 11:03 PM
I'm glad I only show up during the draft, the offseason, and the trade deadline. I could not take reading some of this crap through a whole year.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 11:05 PM
Imma be sufferin more if Ball busts. I need to watch more in-depth film, but as of now, he scares the hell outta me. Boom or bust prospect.

i just dont like ball... what will be interesting is if the celtics take JJ... Would the lakers pass on fultz for ball? Ball isnt a horrid pick by any means... His dad is annoying but the kid has skills... I just think Fultz/JJ are best... Monk/Ball/Isaac would be next level... Of course anything can happen and the best player could end up being a nobody so far like a Draymond... top 3 was the goal for all teams... 4-7 is fine as well... After that its hella deluded.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 11:06 PM
Which one am I?

you were there... think you told me to **** off a few times lol

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 11:07 PM
I'm glad I only show up during the draft, the offseason, and the trade deadline. I could not take reading some of this crap through a whole year.

you mean you will vanish until the lakers are playoff bound again right? sounds about right. congrats... seeya in a few years.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 11:07 PM
Philly will rinse and repeat in the next few years. Traded Noel last year. They will probably trade Okafor this year. Then they will be forced to trade Embid in a year or two because he can't stay healthy. Simmons will then demand a trade to the Lakers, and there you go. Last but not least they will draft LaMelo Ball who will also force his way out eventually. Glad I'm not a Philly fan, gotta be rough. Allen Iverson was cool though.

i hope to ****ing god we trade oka for anything.

Alayla
05-16-2017, 11:09 PM

Ya no Philly is in a great situation right now yes i'm bummed we signed rotation players last year rather than barnes yes i'm bummed we traded Noel for peanuts yes okafor sucks a fat one and lastly yes it sucks not getting the top pick bc Fultz would have been a dream fit. But even with all of that being said we are still in an amazing situation right now it speaks volumes to how good Hinkie was at his job.

Lakers + Giants
05-16-2017, 11:09 PM
you were there... think you told me to **** off a few times lol

Gotta defend my team too. no hard feelings lmao.

Even tho I want Fultz Id love Jackson or Ball too, so just letting u know I might say **** off in advance when u bash ball :p

CityofTreez
05-16-2017, 11:11 PM
Wait...why is MTM have this "big brother" attitude toward Lakers fans toward the Tank?

Philly is still tanking :laugh2:

How many years have Philly been **** even after 4-5 years with high draft picks?

joeystats
05-16-2017, 11:12 PM
you mean you will vanish until the lakers are playoff bound again right? sounds about right. congrats... seeya in a few years.

Nah, I would have to listen to too many crazy delusional Laker fans. I stick with the draft, free agency, and the trade deadline. Oh wait I said that already... my bad bro

valade16
05-16-2017, 11:12 PM
I'm not sure how Ernst & Young (a massive international corporation that would never risk its name/$30 billion a year revenue for the NBA) precisely goes through the process, but you can rest assure that the heads of these hundred million dollar organizations demand enough transparency for 100% peace of mind. Hence no team official ever even insinuating the smallest amount of doubt in the process.

I think Ernst & Young will do whatever they can to protect their client's interests, whether it's on the up and up or not:

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN0U505S20151222

They got caught by Japan 'failing to catch irregularities' in an independent audit they conducted. What that really means is they audited and were told not to find some stuff and glossed over it for their clients sake and got caught.

Lakers + Giants
05-16-2017, 11:13 PM
I can finally change my avatar to this! http://i.imgur.com/VZHnu.png