05-16-2017, 11:16 PM
:dance:

joeystats
05-16-2017, 11:16 PM
Feelsgoodman

Lookin good buddy

hugepatsfan
05-16-2017, 11:19 PM
I don't think Boston will trade Fultz. Potential long term franchise player.

A lot of talk about Hayward. He'd cost $30.3M. BOS can make that space but I wonder if they could get Gallinari for about $23m. That means they can keep Olynyk bird rights. Room exception on a guy like Aaron Bynes.

IT / Fultz
Bradley / Smart
Gallinari / Brown
Horford / Crowder
Olynyk / Bynes

tredigs
05-16-2017, 11:20 PM
I think Ernst & Young will do whatever they can to protect their client's interests, whether it's on the up and up or not:

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN0U505S20151222

They got caught by Japan 'failing to catch irregularities' in an independent audit they conducted. What that really means is they audited and were told not to find some stuff and glossed over it for their clients sake and got caught.
I mean, you're painting a pretty broad brush of a company with a 30 year long reputation of being trusted in the accounting world more so than essentially any other firm. They have 231,000 employees and a TON of affiliate branches (which is what these Japanese situation was), but what you're talking about is an incident. Not a contract like that with the NBA in which they are contracted as a yearly partner. Bear in mind that if anything was found out about a scandal (again, which no team official ever has even hinted at... just conspiracy theorist fans), it would be catastrophic for both entities. It's beyond a leap of faith to think they would ever rig these. We also wouldn't have a team in bum**** Ohio winning half the picks this decade :laugh:

Lakers + Giants
05-16-2017, 11:21 PM
Lookin good buddy

:hi5:

More-Than-Most
05-16-2017, 11:24 PM
Wait...why is MTM have this "big brother" attitude toward Lakers fans toward the Tank?

Philly is still tanking :laugh2:

How many years have Philly been **** even after 4-5 years with high draft picks?

fun note the lakers are on year 4 of the tank... the sixers have 8 less wins than the lakers in that time span... the lakers have what 3 2nd picks in a row? I am an ingram/russell fan is why I follow the lakers... The sixers will have many more wins next year and years going forward than the lakers

valade16
05-16-2017, 11:25 PM
I mean, you're painting a pretty broad brush of a company with a 30 year long reputation of being trusted in the accounting world more so than essentially any other firm. They have 231,000 employees and a TON of affiliate branches (which is what these Japanese situation was), but what you're talking about is an incident. Not a contract like that with the NBA in which they are contracted as a yearly partner. Bear in mind that if anything was found out about a scandal (again, which no team official ever has even hinted at... just conspiracy theorist fans), it would be catastrophic for both entities. It's beyond a leap of faith to think they would ever rig these. We also wouldn't have a team in bum**** Ohio winning half the picks this decade :laugh:

Very true. Speaking of, how lucky was Cleveland that Bron decided to return. Think of the picks and players they'd have on their rebuild currently: Kyrie Irving, Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins. Unless they managed to get the 1st overall pick and draft Towns the next season they'd be completely F'd.

joeystats
05-16-2017, 11:25 PM
:clap:

lol, please
05-16-2017, 11:36 PM

do the LT

Dade County
05-16-2017, 11:37 PM
#5, #10, #23 for the Kings.....

Popped 3 Xanny's just so I can't feel nothing at the gym.

Pretty good slots to me... Wade was picked at number 5. Kings can walk away with some steals.

FlashBolt
05-16-2017, 11:37 PM
i'm never a Lakers fan but it's good to see lakers generate some actual buzz. NBA is best when Lakers+Knicks are putting up a fight. Sadly, it took years.

Lakers + Giants
05-16-2017, 11:38 PM
I know you all missed us. Don't worry, I missed laker happiness too :)

joeystats
05-16-2017, 11:43 PM
Pretty good slots to me... Wade was picked at number 5. Kings can walk away with some steals.

Ya the Kings made out better than Philly

greg_ory_2005
05-16-2017, 11:48 PM
Looking forward to seeing how the kings f this up

PC
05-16-2017, 11:51 PM
I think Ernst & Young will do whatever they can to protect their client's interests, whether it's on the up and up or not:

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN0U505S20151222

They got caught by Japan 'failing to catch irregularities' in an independent audit they conducted. What that really means is they audited and were told not to find some stuff and glossed over it for their clients sake and got caught.

Ernst & Young or any other public accounting firm performing an audit needs to be independent from the client. So if they did whatever to protect a client's interest (i.e rig the NBA draft), that would be a big no no. Not saying it's impossible but it would make absolutely no sense for Ernst & Young to rig the NBA draft. The fees they charge for overseeing the lottery process are presumably relatively low and they probably only accept the engagement for a publicity standpoint.

europagnpilgrim
05-17-2017, 12:00 AM

Ira is a media tool

this draft is no diff. than you going to vote for a president as democrat vs republican, they plug in votes, and also if you vote 1 time for a candidate they count it as 5 or whatever they chose to

D Gregory won over Nixon in I think Philly and they had a write up in the Wall St. or NewYork Times about how they messed up and gave him 9 million votes, they plugged in the wrong machine which was meant for Nixon, and Nixon ran for president way back many yrs ago

if that isn't rigged or fixed or tampered with or whatever name you want to call it then I don't know what is

I cant believe people are this silly to even think otherwise about the draft, its a business and they do what is necessary for the business just as you see they kept a Cali team relevant/title contenders once the mighty Lakers fell off a cliff temporarily, Cali/Texas teams carry the nba, while the NY market keeps it balanced since they have so much money it doesn't hurt them(nba) to be ****** or dominant, they are the money capital of the western world, literally

Quinnsanity
05-17-2017, 12:00 AM
I can't wait to see what LaVar does now that he has the Lakers platform.

sjbirds
05-17-2017, 12:06 AM
Kinda excited for the unprotected Lakers pick next year.. thank you

LA_Raiders
05-17-2017, 12:15 AM
Too many young players on the team already. I hope we can trade some plus thrash for PG.

Lakers + Giants
05-17-2017, 12:15 AM
Kinda excited for the unprotected Lakers pick next year.. thank you

Watch Lavar say it will be the 30th pick. :laugh2:

BKLYNpigeon
05-17-2017, 12:27 AM
The real question is, Where does Boston trade Isiah Thomas?

no way in hell they resign him for 150m

still1ballin
05-17-2017, 12:28 AM
LT I must do

Mave1002
05-17-2017, 12:55 AM
I can't wait to see what LaVar does now that he has the Lakers platform.

Unless we take on Josh Jackson instead like how we ditched Okafor two years back and took Russell instead.

The Ingram/Jackson will be a duo to love for years to come.

hugepatsfan
05-17-2017, 01:06 AM
The real question is, Where does Boston trade Isiah Thomas?

no way in hell they resign him for 150m

Who would trade for him? I think we keep him and Bradley is eventually the odd man out. Fultz should be a strong 2 way player and Smart/Rozier are good on D. I think they try to move Bradley for a big this offseason and keep IT long term.

Aust
05-17-2017, 01:10 AM
Who would trade for him? I think we keep him and Bradley is eventually the odd man out. Fultz should be a strong 2 way player and Smart/Rozier are good on D. I think they try to move Bradley for a big this offseason and keep IT long term.

Guess who used to be the agent for Bradley? Pelinka. Would love his D over here.

hugepatsfan
05-17-2017, 01:14 AM
Guess who used to be the agent for Bradley? Pelinka. Would love his D over here.

Bradley for Randle would be interesting on our end. Not in love with Randle but should help our rebounding.seems like a good passer which Stevens likes in his offense.

Aust
05-17-2017, 01:39 AM
The Lakers 5 game win streak at the end of the season actually SAVED their draft pick. Switching spots with the Suns worked out well!

LOb0
05-17-2017, 01:41 AM
To think the Bulls could have had that top pick for Jimmy Butler. All because they wanted Crowder as well. They're ran by complete idiots.

BIG worm
05-17-2017, 02:24 AM
To think the Bulls could have had that top pick for Jimmy Butler. All because they wanted Crowder as well. They're ran by complete idiots.

Sad. But i agree.

Mave1002
05-17-2017, 02:36 AM
I don't know.... to all Philly fans out there -- would you take on DLO in exchange for #3 straight up? You've always wanted him and if the Lakers could draft 2/3 Lonzo Ball / Josh Jackson.. watch out league.

Zubac
Nance/Randle
Jackson
Ingram/Clarkson
Ball/#28

Talk about length and freakish athleticism for the Lakers. Meanwhile --

Embiid/Holmes
Simmons/Saric
Anderson/Covington
TLC/Stauskas
DLO/McConnell

Oak + FOUR second rounders (wtf) becomes trade bait to strengthen your back court.

urban85disciple
05-17-2017, 02:51 AM
No.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mave1002
05-17-2017, 03:23 AM
Bradley for Randle would be interesting on our end. Not in love with Randle but should help our rebounding.seems like a good passer which Stevens likes in his offense.

You'd have to pay him eventually, too.

PurpleLynch
05-17-2017, 05:18 AM
I'm happy, but also worried about the chance of getting Lavar near the team I love.

ciaban
05-17-2017, 05:26 AM
But if Fultz goes #1 and he ends up in Boston then I think he and IT could definitely co-exist especially if they keep Fultz...then right off the bat you include him in the starting line-up...keep IT at the point and then have Fultz either as a SF or as a SG but that could be problematic

But then again if the Lakers go #1 it is obvious they will take Lonzo Ball as their PG and if that happens then they will most likely get rid of D'Angelo but if they do that then the Lakers lineup would actually look promising with Ball, Randle, Nance Jr., Ingram, etc.
Fultz is 6'4 I know some teams are into small ball, but that might be to small to play SF.

ciaban
05-17-2017, 05:34 AM
I'm happy, but also worried about the chance of getting Lavar near the team I love.

I'm not, I'm all aboard the LaVar hype train.

Oakmont_4
05-17-2017, 06:15 AM
3 team trade.... sixers/bulls/celtics... celtics get butler... Sixers get the number 1.... Bulls get Crowder/number 3 pick/Oka and multiple 2nd rounders from celtics/sixers

Just because id rather promise we get fultz or Jackson.

The Celtics wouldn't trade the BRK+Crowder for Butler at the deadline...Now they're going to do it knowing it's the #1 pick AND top it off with some seconds? Never going to happen.

I don't even think they'd trade #1 straight up for Butler honestly.

IndyRealist
05-17-2017, 08:40 AM
The Celtics wouldn't trade the BRK+Crowder for Butler at the deadline...Now they're going to do it knowing it's the #1 pick AND top it off with some seconds? Never going to happen.

I don't even think they'd trade #1 straight up for Butler honestly.

They would take #1 for Butler in a heartbeat and run before the Bulls could come to their senses. Fultz might be great, Butler IS great.

If they trade #1, it's going to be something like the pick, Crowder, and Smart for Butler or George. Which is less than they offered at the deadline.

sjbirds
05-17-2017, 09:00 AM
[QUOTE=Mave1002:31631019]I don't know.... to all Philly fans out there -- would you take on DLO in exchange for #3 straight up? You've always wanted him and if the Lakers could draft 2/3 Lonzo Ball / Josh Jackson.. watch out league.

Zubac
Nance/Randle
Jackson
Ingram/Clarkson
Ball/#28

Embiid/Holmes
Simmons/Saric
Anderson/Covington
TLC/Stauskas
DLO/McConnell

Oak + FOUR second rounders (wtf) becomes trade bait to strengthen your back court.[/QUOTE
No.. maybe okafor for dlo

Scoots
05-17-2017, 09:04 AM
Not to start conspiracy theories but they draw numbers and some dude has a paper of what number combos mean which team picks. What if that guy just has a paper that says who will be getting what picks regardless of the numbers? Who else has that paper that verifies what numbers equal who gets the pick?

It's huge, on the wall, and visible to the public.

TheDish87
05-17-2017, 09:07 AM
I don't know.... to all Philly fans out there -- would you take on DLO in exchange for #3 straight up? You've always wanted him and if the Lakers could draft 2/3 Lonzo Ball / Josh Jackson.. watch out league.

Zubac
Nance/Randle
Jackson
Ingram/Clarkson
Ball/#28

Embiid/Holmes
Simmons/Saric
Anderson/Covington
TLC/Stauskas
DLO/McConnell

Oak + FOUR second rounders (wtf) becomes trade bait to strengthen your back court.

fuuuuuuuuuck no

BKLYNpigeon
05-17-2017, 09:17 AM
Boston has to trade IT.

I don't think a 6'4" Fultz and 5'9" IT backcourt is going to work. you can't pay IT 150+ mil to come off the bench.

TheDish87
05-17-2017, 09:47 AM
why cant Fultz come off the bench and take over for Bradley after the season?

hugepatsfan
05-17-2017, 09:59 AM
Fultz is 6'4" with a 6'10" wingspan. He can definitely play SG full time. Stevens likes multiple ball handlers anyway.

I agree that Bradley could be the odd man out in BOS long-term. Maybe even short term in a move to make cap space for a max (Hayward please!). Smart is an elite defender, Rozier is good on that end and Fultz has defensive potential. We can survive on that end IMO.

I doubt we move IT.

Scoots
05-17-2017, 10:17 AM
Kings fans ... 5, 10, 34 can transform a team.

Curry 7, Thompson 11, Green 35.

IndyRealist
05-17-2017, 10:20 AM
Kings fans ... 5, 10, 34 can transform a team.

Curry 7, Thompson 11, Green 35.
Depends on who's making the picks, of course.

Scoots
05-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Depends on who's making the picks, of course.

And what mistakes teams above them make too.

That's why I said "can" transform a team, not "will" :)

HandsOnTheWheel
05-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Gotta love the Nets. Don't think there has been a bigger ****-up in the history of sports. Great stuff.

ManRam
05-17-2017, 10:32 AM
I'm beefing with the NBA right now.

hugepatsfan
05-17-2017, 10:39 AM
Boston has to trade IT.

I don't think a 6'4" Fultz and 5'9" IT backcourt is going to work. you can't pay IT 150+ mil to come off the bench.

Who's trading for him? Where do you see a fit?

PG said at the AS game he wanted to meet IT. Would it be enough to make him stay? Would they give up myles Turner for him if it meant keeping PG?

Nuggets seem anxious to take a step forward... IT for Murray and #13? Doesn't seem like enough for BOS.

Would MIL give up a couple of young pieces for another star with Giannis?

IDK, who's a good fit?

eDush
05-17-2017, 10:39 AM

I'm not, I'm all aboard the LaVar hype train.With a Dad that the team would likely need to make accommodations to like a courtesy court seat for all home games and he can say anything to the media about the team on how they play his son. That is a headache no big market team wants that would make them look bad. Besides, I rather take Fultz as I like his all around game that will translate well in the pros and is a very smart player who knows what to do with the ball :nod:

Heediot
05-17-2017, 10:43 AM
Who's trading for him? Where do you see a fit?

Bulls next to Butler would be ideal. Raptors maybe if they lose Lowry.

hugepatsfan
05-17-2017, 11:02 AM

What are they giving up for him though? Those teams don't have crap in the way of assets. For the pennies they could give back I'd rather just make a run with him and let him walk if it came to that.

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2017, 11:13 AM

Why not just trade #1 pick to the Bulls for Butler. Let Old Wade mentor new young Wade.

Hustla23
05-17-2017, 11:14 AM
If the Celtics could pull off 2 or 3 games vs. the Cavs, I think they should go ahead and push for PG or Butler by using the pick and Smart/Crowder.

If they get swept, then they should just stand pat and continue building through the draft and wait out the Lebron era.

Oakmont_4
05-17-2017, 11:17 AM
They would take #1 for Butler in a heartbeat and run before the Bulls could come to their senses. Fultz might be great, Butler IS great.

If they trade #1, it's going to be something like the pick, Crowder, and Smart for Butler or George. Which is less than they offered at the deadline.

Not denying Butler is a great player. But long term 3-4 years from now, if you take Fultz #1 you expect him to be at least the player Butler is right now...With the possibility of being even better. (and a lot cheaper over the next 4 years)

They're not going to trade all that for Butler. They wouldn't do it at the deadline and they won't do it now.

Long term...You can have Fultz and Hayward (we can fit it under our cap space) or Butler alone (because if we trade for Butler, we don't have cap space to sign a MAX).

Fultz, Hayward, Crowder, Smart >>>>>> Butler. It's not even close. No disrespect to Butler. Getting #1 was a game changer for the Celtics. Butler ain't happening.

If they did pursue Butler at this point I think they'd only offer up the 2018 BRK pick and 2 of Crowder, Smart, Bradley, Rozier. And that's ONLY if they strike out signing Hayward.

hugepatsfan
05-17-2017, 11:24 AM
Not denying Butler is a great player. But long term 3-4 years from now, if you take Fultz #1 you expect him to be at least the player Butler is right now...With the possibility of being even better. (and a lot cheaper over the next 4 years)

They're not going to trade all that for Butler. They wouldn't do it at the deadline and they won't do it now.

Long term...You can have Fultz and Hayward (we can fit it under our cap space) or Butler alone (because if we trade for Butler, we don't have cap space to sign a MAX).

Fultz, Hayward, Crowder, Smart >>>>>> Butler. It's not even close. No disrespect to Butler. Getting #1 was a game changer for the Celtics. Butler ain't happening.

If they did pursue Butler at this point I think they'd only offer up the 2018 BRK pick and 2 of Crowder, Smart, Bradley, Rozier. And that's ONLY if they strike out signing Hayward.

I actually disagree. I think the only scenario where they pursue Butler (or PG) is if they do get Hayward. They can use the cap space to sign him and then go over the cap via trade. Otherwise, its not worth it even if it doesn't cost this year's BRK pick.

Bradley + Crowder is enough outgoing salary for Butler or PG. So they probably try to package those guys with 2018 BRK pick and a bunch of other picks for another all-star player. And if it's not enough (IMO it won't be) they'll try again next year where maybe the BRK pick is more valuable once it's set in stone position wise. I do not think they will give up Fultz.

TheDish87
05-17-2017, 11:44 AM
With a Dad that the team would likely need to make accommodations to like a courtesy court seat for all home games and he can say anything to the media about the team on how they play his son. That is a headache no big market team wants that would make them look bad. Besides, I rather take Fultz as I like his all around game that will translate well in the pros and is a very smart player who knows what to do with the ball :nod:

lol wut?

KnicksorBust
05-17-2017, 11:48 AM
I love that Lonzo is going to LA. It's too perfect. Lights Camera Action. If it's going to be a circus I want it to be the best possible kind. Magic Johnson in LA vs. an out of control dad. It sounds like a terrible movie.

Dade County
05-17-2017, 12:00 PM
If the Celtics could pull off 2 or 3 games vs. the Cavs, I think they should go ahead and push for PG or Butler by using the pick and Smart/Crowder.

If they get swept, then they should just stand pat and continue building through the draft and wait out the Lebron era.

Not a good idea... We have seen situations like this in the past, were a team has some success & then the following year come back down to reality.

Also what about GS era? Unless you have legitimate superstar talent you are not getting pass either or.

PG & Butler doesn't close that gap. Players like AD & West together with top notch role players can make it a series.

KD era begins this Final's.

Scoots
05-17-2017, 12:02 PM
The next few years will be interesting as the teams who did the asset gathering extended tank are going to have a lot of decisions to make about trading/signing/walking players.

still1ballin
05-17-2017, 12:08 PM
With a Dad that the team would likely need to make accommodations to like a courtesy court seat for all home games and he can say anything to the media about the team on how they play his son. That is a headache no big market team wants that would make them look bad. Besides, I rather take Fultz as I like his all around game that will translate well in the pros and is a very smart player who knows what to do with the ball :nod:

lol wut?

lol wut?

Oakmont_4
05-17-2017, 12:13 PM
I actually disagree. I think the only scenario where they pursue Butler (or PG) is if they do get Hayward. They can use the cap space to sign him and then go over the cap via trade. Otherwise, its not worth it even if it doesn't cost this year's BRK pick.

Bradley + Crowder is enough outgoing salary for Butler or PG. So they probably try to package those guys with 2018 BRK pick and a bunch of other picks for another all-star player. And if it's not enough (IMO it won't be) they'll try again next year where maybe the BRK pick is more valuable once it's set in stone position wise. I do not think they will give up Fultz.

I certainly wouldn't complain...But it would make us very guard heavy (even more than we are now). We'd be relying on bringing in vets at the minimum to fill out our bigs.

Thomas/Fultz/Rozier
Butler/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Yabusele/
Horford/Zizic

IndyRealist
05-17-2017, 12:35 PM

Only fans think a #1 pick automatically turns into a player as good as Butler. Fultz could be the next Kwame Brown. Front offices weigh trading for a player they KNOW is great versus a player that COULD be great. If they're in it right now for a championship, why would they wait 3-4 years for a rookie to possibly develop when they could go out and get a top player immediately?

And again, they offered more at the trade deadline.

Oakmont_4
05-17-2017, 12:53 PM
Only fans think a #1 pick automatically turns into a player as good as Butler. Fultz could be the next Kwame Brown. Front offices weigh trading for a player they KNOW is great versus a player that COULD be great. If they're in it right now for a championship, why would they wait 3-4 years for a rookie to possibly develop when they could go out and get a top player immediately?

Never said he would automatically turn into a better player than Butler. But as a team, if you select a guy at #1 you expect him to be. Doesn't mean he will. They're not in it right now for a championship. Even adding Butler to this roster doesn't propel them above CLE and LBJ. That's exactly why they wont do this trade. They'll be very competitive over the next 3-4 years. But their real championship window will be beyond that built around Brown-Fultz-2018 BRK pick. The only way they can be a true contender in the next couple of years is to keep this team together and add a guy like Hayward and Fultz. I'd give them a shot if they did that. But trading 2-3 guys off this roster for Butler doesn't get us any closer to a championship.

And again, they offered more at the trade deadline.

No they didn't.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/2/22/14697060/jimmy-butler-trade-rumors-celtics-jae-crowder

http://nesn.com/2017/02/nba-rumors-celtics-didnt-offer-2017-nets-pick-in-jimmy-butler-trade-talks/

hugepatsfan
05-17-2017, 01:06 PM
I certainly wouldn't complain...But it would make us very guard heavy (even more than we are now). We'd be relying on bringing in vets at the minimum to fill out our bigs.

Thomas/Fultz/Rozier
Butler/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Yabusele/
Horford/Zizic

Yeah true. This largely why I prefer PG though because he can play small ball PF, though he's complained in the past. Hopefulyl he'd buy in on a team that has the potential to legitimately push CLE, IMO. Unfortunately, if we're signing Hayward to a max and keeping Bradley/Crowder then Rozier is salary dump casualty and Yabu is overseas another year. So I think our post draft/FA/trade rotation is:

IT/Fultz
Smart/Fultz
Hayward/Brown
George/Brown
Horford/Zizic

Then you have the room exception to probably add another big so you don't need to play small full time. The depth on that team is shaky over the whole regular season but I like that 8-9 man rotation come playoff time.

Heediot
05-17-2017, 01:24 PM
Yeah true. This largely why I prefer PG though because he can play small ball PF, though he's complained in the past. Hopefulyl he'd buy in on a team that has the potential to legitimately push CLE, IMO. Unfortunately, if we're signing Hayward to a max and keeping Bradley/Crowder then Rozier is salary dump casualty and Yabu is overseas another year. So I think our post draft/FA/trade rotation is:

IT/Fultz
Smart/Fultz
Hayward/Brown
George/Brown
Horford/Zizic

Then you have the room exception to probably add another big so you don't need to play small full time. The depth on that team is shaky over the whole regular season but I like that 8-9 man rotation come playoff time.

If your going to spend on FA And then trade for George or Butler. I'd say griffin is a better target and he odds of him signing are just at good as hayard. duck u auto correct. less worry over small ball in hat scenario and of he returns to form or even by chance develops further it'd be a nice pickup. but Gordon is a nice add too so both scenarios make the cs legit contenders.

eDush
05-17-2017, 01:43 PM

And again, they offered more at the trade deadline.There is NO WAY Fultz will be anything close to a Kwame, who was very raw but also athletic and tall that GM think they can mode into something special. Fultz already plays like a smart NBA player who will only get better imo but nice try :nod:

I thought Bennett could end up like Kwame but he was even worse lol

warfelg
05-17-2017, 01:53 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/2017/05/17/lavar-ball-kristine-leahy-herd-interview?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

Wow. Just wow. This guy is a cancer.

IndyRealist
05-17-2017, 01:58 PM
Never said he would automatically turn into a better player than Butler. But as a team, if you select a guy at #1 you expect him to be. Doesn't mean he will. They're not in it right now for a championship. Even adding Butler to this roster doesn't propel them above CLE and LBJ. That's exactly why they wont do this trade. They'll be very competitive over the next 3-4 years. But their real championship window will be beyond that built around Brown-Fultz-2018 BRK pick. The only way they can be a true contender in the next couple of years is to keep this team together and add a guy like Hayward and Fultz. I'd give them a shot if they did that. But trading 2-3 guys off this roster for Butler doesn't get us any closer to a championship.

No they didn't.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/2/22/14697060/jimmy-butler-trade-rumors-celtics-jae-crowder

http://nesn.com/2017/02/nba-rumors-celtics-didnt-offer-2017-nets-pick-in-jimmy-butler-trade-talks/

Your first source literally contradicts your second source.

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2017, 02:13 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/2017/05/17/lavar-ball-kristine-leahy-herd-interview?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

Did you even listen to it? Don't take it out of context, I didn't see anything wrong.

I'm actually starting to like Lavar more and more lol

eDush
05-17-2017, 02:13 PM

Wow. Just wow. This guy is a cancer.I already knew all this which is why I didn't fall for the hype like star struck Bruins fans do. He's reminds me of Manziel without the Sr but someone will have to deal with both of them :facepalm:

Oakmont_4
05-17-2017, 02:15 PM
Your first source literally contradicts your second source.

They weren't meant to compliment one another. Just disprove your point. Which they both do...

BKLYNpigeon
05-17-2017, 02:28 PM
Celtics should trade that pick.

Scoots
05-17-2017, 02:57 PM
Did you even listen to it? Don't take it out of context, I didn't see anything wrong.

I'm actually starting to like Lavar more and more lol

War didn't take anything out of context, he posted the context and expressed an opinion. One I share ... I fail to see how LaVar Ball helps his sons at all from this point on ... he should have been told by Lonzo to shut up a long time ago.

hugepatsfan
05-17-2017, 03:14 PM
IMO you play out this year with

IT/Fultz
Bradley/Smart

as your back court rotation. Fultz won't get star minutes right away but you know what, he'll live. And youd rill into him hard the fundamentals. No hero ball. No gambling. He'll be in a competitive rotation and he'll have to compete and play the game hard on both ends to earn time. Fultz is 6'4" with a 6'10" wingspan and great athleticism. Shows defensive ability. If pushed, he should be a great defender at both guard spots. And that's what I like about forcing these young guys to scrap for minutes. They get that dawg mentality and then hopefully they maintain it as their roles expand.

After the season, both IT and Bradley are up. You let one walk. IT is a special offensive player, Bradley is a special defensive player. Harder to get the offensive guys and Fultz, Smart, Rozier should all be strong guard defenders so you can continue to hide him like you do now. So I'd let Bradley walk as the odd man out.

Oakmont_4
05-17-2017, 03:23 PM
IMO you play out this year with

IT/Fultz
Bradley/Smart

as your back court rotation. Fultz won't get star minutes right away but you know what, he'll live. And youd rill into him hard the fundamentals. No hero ball. No gambling. He'll be in a competitive rotation and he'll have to compete and play the game hard on both ends to earn time. Fultz is 6'4" with a 6'10" wingspan and great athleticism. Shows defensive ability. If pushed, he should be a great defender at both guard spots. And that's what I like about forcing these young guys to scrap for minutes. They get that dawg mentality and then hopefully they maintain it as their roles expand.

After the season, both IT and Bradley are up. You let one walk. IT is a special offensive player, Bradley is a special defensive player. Harder to get the offensive guys and Fultz, Smart, Rozier should all be strong guard defenders so you can continue to hide him like you do now. So I'd let Bradley walk as the odd man out.

Ideally I'd like to flip Bradley for a big and get Rozier to replace Bradley, rather than let him walk for nothing in the offseason. I really like Rozier out there. I don't think he'll ever be as good defensively as AB but overall I think he can be a similar player. Slightly better on O and not quite as good on D.

Heediot
05-17-2017, 03:41 PM
War didn't take anything out of context, he posted the context and expressed an opinion. One I share ... I fail to see how LaVar Ball helps his sons at all from this point on ... he should have been told by Lonzo to shut up a long time ago.

He has most of y'all suckered. He'll know when to slow his roll. Everything he is doing now is more calculated then people think. I'm sure he knows Lonzos the market value in terms of endorsements, and is taking calculated risks in terms of how to push people buttons and garner attention and marketing through his speech and actions. He's also placing his bets on Lonzos ability, which I commend, and I am sure Lonzo is going along with it (because he probably believes in himself too). Long term what these guys are doing may pay off, or it may not, but if things don't pan out, it will be more due to Lonzo's on court game and not the Lavar off court drama.

hugepatsfan
05-17-2017, 03:43 PM
Ideally I'd like to flip Bradley for a big and get Rozier to replace Bradley, rather than let him walk for nothing in the offseason. I really like Rozier out there. I don't think he'll ever be as good defensively as AB but overall I think he can be a similar player. Slightly better on O and not quite as good on D.

I've been looking for a big to flip Bradley for. Unfortunately, don't see a good fit. Honestly, I like Olynyk better than anyone we could get.

if we trade Bradley for a future pick (no cap hold this year) and leave Yabu overseas one more year I'm calculatiing that we have enough to maintin KO's bird rights and offer a max deal (let's just say Hayward because we want him haha) with about $300K to spare. We'd have the following 10 players:

IT/Rozier
Smart/Fultz
Hayward/Brown
Horford/Crowder
Olynyk/Zizic

Adding Olynyk to the lineup makes up for the downgrade of Bradley to Smart as a shooter. Crowder as a small ball 4 on the second unit helps the spacing. I like the look of that team.

warfelg
05-17-2017, 03:55 PM

It's funny how people comment on things thinking you posted without reading/watching.

The guy told her to know her role, disrespected her, and said "his brand doesn't cater or care for women". That's going to lose him much more than it will gain him.

LOb0
05-17-2017, 03:59 PM
Few things:

So glad the Celtics are going to avoid Lavar Ball's idiotic crap. Enjoy that Lakers fans.

Cetlics are not trading that pick for Butler or PG. So just stop.

They have a tough decision whether or not to pay IT the max after next season. Giving him 150 million...I just don't know.

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2017, 04:12 PM
He has most of y'all suckered. He'll know when to slow his roll. Everything he is doing now is more calculated then people think. I'm sure he knows Lonzos the market value in terms of endorsements, and is taking calculated risks in terms of how to push people buttons and garner attention and marketing through his speech and actions. He's also placing his bets on Lonzos ability, which I commend, and I am sure Lonzo is going along with it (because he probably believes in himself too). Long term what these guys are doing may pay off, or it may not, but if things don't pan out, it will be more due to Lonzo's on court game and not the Lavar off court drama.

Get em! Funny how people are so narrow minded, Lavar is killing it and keeping his Sons name in the headlines.

I commend Lavar and his antics, he's gambling big time and banking on his son and belief. It will pay out big time if it all happens the way he says it will.

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2017, 04:13 PM
Few things:

So glad the Celtics are going to avoid Lavar Ball's idiotic crap. Enjoy that Lakers fans.

Cetlics are not trading that pick for Butler or PG. So just stop.

They have a tough decision whether or not to pay IT the max after next season. Giving him 150 million...I just don't know.

Ok, we'll enjoy Fultz and his injury plagued career?

LOb0
05-17-2017, 04:14 PM
Get em! Funny how people are so narrow minded, Lavar is killing it and keeping his Sons name in the headlines.

I commend Lavar and his antics, he's gambling big time and banking on his son and belief. It will pay out big time if it all happens the way he says it will.

Only thing he's done so far is cost his son millions of dollars by not allowing him to sign a shoe deal.

There has been zero benefit from anything he's done. Lonzo would have been drafted at the same spot regardless of what he's done.

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2017, 04:16 PM
Only thing he's done so far is cost his son millions of dollars by not allowing him to sign a shoe deal.

There has been zero benefit from anything he's done. Lonzo would have been drafted at the same spot regardless of what he's done.

We have two different views of it, I feel what he's doing has happened so many times in history people just forget.

TheDish87
05-17-2017, 04:18 PM

no he is in the headlines not his son. i guess hes doing his best to keep people from remembering Fox cooking his *** as the last thing most think about him.

Scoots
05-17-2017, 04:22 PM
It's funny how people comment on things thinking you posted without reading/watching.

The guy told her to know her role, disrespected her, and said "his brand doesn't cater or care for women". That's going to lose him much more than it will gain him.

Yes. If he "calculated" that ... I think he made a mistake. All of the major US sports are aggressively going after female customers, and they will remember this.

valade16
05-17-2017, 04:23 PM
The smart move for Boston would be keeping the pick and drafting Fultz.

IT is a FA next season and they'd have to commit like $150 million to re-sign him. The smart thing is keep Fultz and see if he can be a viable replacement if you don't want to pay IT that money. If you decide you do want to pay him that money, you can always trade Fultz then for a Butler/PG caliber player.

Heediot
05-17-2017, 04:25 PM

You could be right, but let's say Lonzo is 1-2 in ROY voting next year and he sells 20k of his shoes, that's 1
million right there. A guy like Wiggins has an annual deal of about 2 million. If they sell 50k shoes, they'll profit more vs. Wiggins. Just putting out random numbers. Companies may come knocking on the door, if things blow up. If not even selling 1k shoes nets them 6 digits easily, so I think it's a smart risk.

TheDish87
05-17-2017, 04:33 PM
no company is gonna offer him some major shoe deal for being 1 or 2 in ROY voting lol. Its a shame he lets his dad do all the talking, its gonna kill other opportunities bcuz he has no personality.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-17-2017, 04:35 PM
Couple of thoughts to the discussion here.

I think the Celtics take Fultz and keep him. They re-sign IT to a max (or near max as Chris Mannix said is likely to happen the other day) a year from now. They keep Bradley and let Smart walk. If they want to get Hayward, they're gonna have to trade Rozier if they wanna give Hayward the max.

Also it sounded like Butler and PG were nver really available at the deadline.

I feel like the Lakers might pick Josh Jackson over Ball. Just a hunch though.

Heediot
05-17-2017, 04:37 PM
Yes. If he "calculated" that ... I think he made a mistake. All of the major US sports are aggressively going after female customers, and they will remember this.

It might not matter if Lonzo succeeds on the court. He knows his market. Steph Curry doesn't even have a women's line for shoes fwiw. I cannot honestly say if ****ed up with his talk with that female reporter or if was calculated. Maybe he did **** up, but he is still getting what he initially wanted free exposure and advertising by being a douche.

Heediot
05-17-2017, 04:46 PM
no company is gonna offer him some major shoe deal for being 1 or 2 in ROY voting lol. Its a shame he lets his dad do all the talking, its gonna kill other opportunities bcuz he has no personality.

We'll see what happens, at the end of the day if Lonzo performs on the court, and doesn't cause his own drama off of it, he'll be fine. His dad is the scapegoat. There can be clauses in the contract that limits or restricts his dad. Going to LA would be massive, selling 100k sneakers after winning ROY is not out of the question with how big the lakers are not only locally but nationally and internationally. that's 5 million in just his rookie season. I'm not going to say it's going to happen, but this is what the Family is betting on. LA drafting him would be huge. If he goes to the Suns, it will be harder to be more profitable, but not impossible either. LA just makes things a whole lot easier.

TheDish87
05-17-2017, 04:49 PM
market size doesnt matter in todays pro world.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-17-2017, 04:54 PM

It's just plain funny at this point how all these shows keep feeding the troll. He would have fizzled out long ago if everyone would not give him the attention he seeks.

Gibby23
05-17-2017, 04:58 PM

The amount of Lakers fans worldwide does. He sells more shoes just being drafted by the Lakers than say a team like the Sixers drafted him. A team that doesn't have many fans outside of its market.

Heediot
05-17-2017, 05:00 PM

Your probably right on that. But selling shoes at 500 a pair, having that affluent LA-SoCal market helps a whole lot.

Rocco007
05-17-2017, 05:18 PM
http://up.anv.bz/latest/anvload.html?key=eyJtIjoiY2JzIiwidiI6IjM2Njc2NDciL CJhbnZhY2siOiJhbnZhdG9fY2JzbG9jYWxfYXBwX3dlYl9wcm9 kXzU0N2YzZTQ5MjQxZWYwZTVkMzBjNzliMmVmYmNhNWQ5MmM2O ThmNjciLCJwbHVnaW5zIjp7ImNvbXNjb3JlIjp7ImNsaWVudEl kIjoiMzAwMDAyMyIsImMzIjoiTG9zQW5nZWxlcy5jYnNsb2Nhb C5jb20ifSwiZGZwIjp7ImNsaWVudFNpZGUiOnsiYWRUYWdVcmw iOiJodHRwOi8vcHViYWRzLmcuZG91YmxlY2xpY2submV0L2dhb XBhZC9hZHM%252Fc3o9MngyJml1PS80MTI4L0NCUy5MQSZjaXV fc3pzJmltcGw9cyZnZGZwX3JlcT0xJmVudj12cCZvdXRwdXQ9e G1sX3Zhc3QyJnVudmlld2VkX3Bvc2l0aW9uX3N0YXJ0PTEmdXJ sPVtyZWZlcnJlcl91cmxdJmRlc2NyaXB0aW9uX3VybD1bZGVzY 3JpcHRpb25fdXJsXSZjb3JyZWxhdG9yPVt0aW1lc3RhbXBdIiw ia2V5VmFsdWVzIjp7ImNhdGVnb3JpZXMiOiJbW0NBVEVHT1JJR VNdXSIsInByb2dyYW0iOiJbW1BST0dSQU1fTkFNRV1dIiwic2l 0ZVNlY3Rpb24iOiJ2aWRlby1leHBlcmllbmNlIn19fSwicmVhb FRpbWVBbmFseXRpY3MiOnRydWUsImhlYXJ0YmVhdEJldGEiOns iYWNjb3VudCI6ImNic2xvY2FsLWdsb2JhbC11bmlmaWVkIiwic HVibGlzaGVySWQiOiJjYnNsb2NhbCIsImpvYklkIjoic2NfdmE iLCJtYXJrZXRpbmdDbG91ZElkIjoiODIzQkEwMzM1NTY3NDk3R jdGMDAwMTAxQEFkb2JlT3JnIiwidHJhY2tpbmdTZXJ2ZXIiOiJ jYnNkaWdpdGFsbWVkaWEuaGIub210cmRjLm5ldCIsImN1c3Rvb VRyYWNraW5nU2VydmVyIjoiY2JzZGlnaXRhbG1lZGlhLmQxLnN jLm9tdHJkYy5uZXQiLCJjaGFwdGVyVHJhY2tpbmciOmZhbHNlL CJ2ZXJzaW9uIjoiMS41In19fQ

Hawkeye15
05-17-2017, 05:23 PM
The amount of Lakers fans worldwide does. He sells more shoes just being drafted by the Lakers than say a team like the Sixers drafted him. A team that doesn't have many fans outside of its market.

I think it matters more to an LA kid who is just coming into the league. Established players don't really care about big market anymore.

Rocco007
05-17-2017, 05:27 PM
Aust and others at least suffered through the pain of the tank... these others guys that are showing up only when something good happens for the lakers is laughable lol.

Well Guess who ain't going no where...
won't forgive or forget...and never scared.
and will hold you accountable to all of your braggadocious posts?
We'll be talking again real soon...I haven't forgotten More Than Most...
Don't get Minnyfan on me and disappear...
Your day of reckoning is almost near...
:smoking:

Gibby23
05-17-2017, 05:47 PM
I think it matters more to an LA kid who is just coming into the league. Established players don't really care about big market anymore.

I am more talking about selling a brand on his own like shoes. As an unknown coming in, the Balls would sell more shoes if he became a Laker than say a Sixer just because of the fan base being global.

eDush
05-17-2017, 06:19 PM

Your probably right on that. But selling shoes at 500 a pair, having that affluent LA-SoCal market helps a whole lot.Who sells athletic shoes at 500 USD?!? I own my all white Chef Curry 2 that I cherish and only wear it for special occasions but it doesn't come close to that figure, not for one pair.

Heediot
05-17-2017, 06:26 PM
Who sells athletic shoes at 500 USD?!? I own my all white Chef Curry 2 that I cherish and only wear it for special occasions but it doesn't come close to that figure, not for one pair.

Darren Rovell, ESPN's sports business analyst defends lavar's pricing.

edit|: Bad link, but there was a video where Rovell defends Lavar's pricing. I'll post the link when I find it.

valade16
05-17-2017, 08:34 PM

I really want to believe that, but as a Portland fan I don't. There's no way a big name FA comes to Portland, ever, unless the circumstances are Warriors-esque.

Aust
05-17-2017, 10:29 PM
Couple of thoughts to the discussion here.

I think the Celtics take Fultz and keep him. They re-sign IT to a max (or near max as Chris Mannix said is likely to happen the other day) a year from now. They keep Bradley and let Smart walk. If they want to get Hayward, they're gonna have to trade Rozier if they wanna give Hayward the max.

Also it sounded like Butler and PG were nver really available at the deadline.

I feel like the Lakers might pick Josh Jackson over Ball. Just a hunch though.

God I hope you're right

CityofTreez
05-18-2017, 01:16 AM
I read that Ball won't workout for any team but the Lakers.
Ooh yeah.....which Ball proclaimed this?

LaTar is pathetic. The propaganda he pursues is nothing short of filth.
He can beat Jordan 1on1, he bred his wife for freak athletes, his son lost to UK (Fox) because of slow 'white players', and Reebok, Adidas, Nike, and Under Armour rejected Alonzo because of padre. The Kings drafted Papagiannis and we inherited a dumb father, but by God, LaVar is even crazier. He was out of line on Cowherd's show but this shoe publicity is out of control.

I really like Ball, and if he fell to #5 I wouldn't mind picking him up, but would rather want Fox.

Mave1002
05-18-2017, 04:42 AM
^Makes me wonder if the Lakers pass on Ball. What happens then....

not working out for other teams other than the Lakers. Yikes.

GREATNESS ONE
05-18-2017, 10:41 AM
Did you see how excited Lonzo was when he found out the Lakers got the #2 pick?

I want Lonzo.

IndyRealist
05-18-2017, 11:18 AM
^Makes me wonder if the Lakers pass on Ball. What happens then....

not working out for other teams other than the Lakers. Yikes.

Not working out worked for Dion Waiters. He shouldn't work out for ANYBODY. Because if the Lakers pass, suddenly everyone is wondering what happened in that workout and Lonzo slides to 10.

More-Than-Most
05-18-2017, 11:18 PM
Did you see how excited Lonzo was when he found out the Lakers got the #2 pick?

I want Lonzo.

like you wanted OKafor?