PDA

View Full Version : James Harden parties after atrocious loss/performance

GiantsSwaGG
05-12-2017, 12:50 PM
JAMES HARDEN
PARTIES AFTER PLAYOFF LOSS
... FANS CHANT, 'MVP'
5/12/2017 7:10 AM PDT

James Harden wasn't in the mood to mope after his Rockets got beat up by the Spurs Thursday night -- he partied ALL NIGHT LONG while fans in Houston chanted at him, "MVP!"

TMZ Sports obtained footage of Harden at Set in Houston where he turned up in the VIP section while Travis Scott performed.

Kylie Jenner was in the building along with some Houston Texans players.

Harden and the Rockets had a rough night before the club -- losing to the Spurs in a 114-75 route that eliminated them from the playoffs. Harden only scored 10 points.

Multiple witnesses say Harden went to Dreams strip club later on in the night -- and why not? It's not like he has to work today.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.tmz.com/2017/05/12/james-harden-club-rockets-playoffs-mvp-chant

How do you guys feel about this?

Vee-Rex
05-12-2017, 01:06 PM
From a human standpoint... I don't care, do what you do. I won't question or lose respect for his character as a human being. You're rich, enjoy life to the fullest.

But from a basketball standpoint... naw, bruh. That's not what you wanna see from your superstar. I would seriously question how much he cares about it and it makes you wonder about his dedication.

That's really bad IMO. I lose respect for him as a basketball player and competitor because it solidifies the idea (along with his terrible, no-effort performances) that he simply does not care.

tredigs
05-12-2017, 01:12 PM
I lost respect for him on the court (especially considering this is far from the first time we've seen this in a huge game for him), partying after is just what you expect frankly.

Is this shocking to anyone?

WaDe03
05-12-2017, 01:13 PM
What a clown. Your first thoughts after getting demolished by 40 on your home court in the last game of the year you choked away are "well I guess I'm going to go to the club and strip club tonight." Lmao! This guy clearly lacks the competitive nature of the greats and the love for the gsme probably isn't there anymore now that he has the money. He may not be with Khloe anymore but once you go Kardashian you can't go back and he's sure acting like one!

WaDe03
05-12-2017, 01:13 PM
The fans should've been booing not chanting MVP, shame on them!

WaDe03
05-12-2017, 01:15 PM
I'm sure the higher ups and his teammates loved seeing this.

Leftcoast_yg
05-12-2017, 01:18 PM
I remember superstars and mvp's played both sides of the court which he clearly doesn't James no "D" Haren. Can I get some water with my beer.

WaDe03
05-12-2017, 01:20 PM
I tried calling Harden this morning to check on him but there was no ring!!!

Or does this only work for pre championships LeBron?

aman_13
05-12-2017, 01:23 PM
I don't see this as a big deal. Wont argue with anyone who believes otherwise. I think he's just blowing off steam.

tredigs
05-12-2017, 01:23 PM
Does make you wonder if this was part of the reason why OKC opted to trade Harden rather than pay the kid and keep the core together. Could've been willing to take pennies on the dollar for a player management was quietly worried about spreading his toxic partying ways and general blase' attitude to the rest of the guys. It's common knowledge that NBA players by and large like to party, but Harden's always been infamous for it.

Just spit balling.

aman_13
05-12-2017, 01:24 PM
The optics are really bad though and he should know better to be going to a club like that where anyone can record him.

hugepatsfan
05-12-2017, 01:25 PM
I mean, it's his life. I don't expect the guy to crawl into a hole and die.

But on the other hand, you'd like to think a player losing a game like that just put them in such a miserable mood they wouldn't want to go out.

I see both sides of it. I don't think he did anything "wrong" going out but it's not a great look in terms of how much he cared about the loss.

tredigs
05-12-2017, 01:26 PM
I don't see this as a big deal. Wont argue with anyone who believes otherwise. I think he's just blowing off steam.

He was all but twiddling his thumbs during the middle of the game. If we know anything, it's that it was clear there was no steam to vent. In the playoffs if things don't come easy for Harden, he generally just rolls over. Hell Houston's best comeback on record in the playoffs came after Harden had given up on the game and they benched him. Think about that.

hugepatsfan
05-12-2017, 01:29 PM
Does make you wonder if this was part of the reason why OKC opted to trade Harden rather than pay the kid and keep the core together. Could've been willing to take pennies on the dollar for a player management was quietly worried about spreading his toxic partying ways and general blase' attitude to the rest of the guys. It's common knowledge that NBA players by and large like to party, but Harden's always been infamous for it.

Just spit balling.

Eh. If they weren't up against the luxury tax they wouldn't have moved him. I don't think the played a role.

WaDe03
05-12-2017, 01:31 PM
Eh. If they weren't up against the luxury tax they wouldn't have moved him. I don't think the played a role.

IIRC, there were reports around the time they didn't sign him that this actual did play a huge role.

warfelg
05-12-2017, 01:32 PM

I agree with this take.

GREATNESS ONE
05-12-2017, 01:35 PM
That's why he's got garbage. I guess whatever floats his boat it his competitive edge is weak.

Hawkeye15
05-12-2017, 01:36 PM
he is already my least favorite guy in the sport, this doesn't do anything for me.

He is human, he can react however he wants. Just because you, or I, would choose to go mope, doesn't mean someone else has to.

But yeah, **** him

tredigs
05-12-2017, 01:37 PM

They actually would not have had to pay a cent of luxury tax for another 16 months at the absolute earliest had they maxed him out (at the amount of the luxury tax limit at the time). That's giving them ample time to make roster adjustments in order to keep them all together and not go over (think about the guys they could have acquired for cheap as the best young core in basketball coming off a Finals birth where they were all 22 or younger). And in the end, the cap jumped enough anyway that they wouldn't have had to make an adjustment at all. To me, looking back, it's looking more likely that they simply did not want to keep him and took what they could get at the time. It's not like they brought in a haul for him. Harden is on record (as recently as this year) saying he was planning on being OKC's 6th man all his career*. Which, is not a surprising statement tbh.

*13:30 mark here for one of the times he's talked about that: https://youtu.be/JzJDQxoyPpE?t=807

TheDish87
05-12-2017, 01:37 PM
who cares? its a shame this is news. everyone deals with **** differently and whose to say hes not taking it hard today?

WaDe03
05-12-2017, 01:43 PM
who cares? its a shame this is news. everyone deals with **** differently and whose to say hes not taking it hard today?

He probably would've played a lot harder if he really cared.

With the way he played and acted last night, he just added fuel to Dade County's fire

IKnowHoops
05-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Well I guess we all agree it was a brilliant move by OKC to trade him then!?!?!?!?!

Man, PSD loves to pile on and kick a guy when he is down and present him now as garbage and forget about how he put up 53/15/17 lmfao.

tredigs
05-12-2017, 01:46 PM
Well I guess we all agree it was a brilliant move by OKC to trade him then!?!?!?!?!

Man, PSD loves to pile on and kick a guy when he is down and present him now as garbage and forget about how he put up 53/15/17 lmfao.

Forget the partying, who cares about piling on a guy who gives up on his team when their back is against the wall? Why should anybody respect him? This thread and the general talk on Harden would be FAR different had he shown effort and simply could not pull through. That's not what happened. That's not what has happened multiple times for him in the playoffs now.

tredigs
05-12-2017, 01:59 PM
Pretty funny:

Not like he's a runner (even when he's on and dictating pace he won't move around much), but that's essentially not moving. It would have also been easily slower than the slowest in-game player in the NBA this past season (DMC).

BKLYNpigeon
05-12-2017, 02:15 PM
I would go to the strip club after too.

gotta clear your head after that game!

Saddletramp
05-12-2017, 02:20 PM
I mean, it's his life. I don't expect the guy to crawl into a hole and die.

But on the other hand, you'd like to think a player losing a game like that just put them in such a miserable mood they wouldn't want to go out.

I see both sides of it. I don't think he did anything "wrong" going out but it's not a great look in terms of how much he cared about the loss.

Pretty much my thoughts.

...who cares about piling on a guy who gives up on his team when their back is against the wall? Why should anybody respect him?

Oh man, why you gotta bring up KD?

Vee-Rex
05-12-2017, 02:27 PM
Pretty funny:

Not like he's a runner (even when he's on and dictating pace he won't move around much), but that's essentially not moving. It would have also been easily slower than the slowest in-game player in the NBA this past season (DMC).

Wow, that's pretty crazy.

Damn, Beard. Where's the fight at?! As someone else mentioned at least Kobe would've shot 5/50 before he ever give up and lie down.

FlashBolt
05-12-2017, 02:27 PM
Who cares about the partying. They're rich and want to have fun. Do you guys expect the dude to cut himself? The issue is clearly his inability to perform when it matters. I don't know if he quit because it certainly did look like it. The guy FOULED OUT for no particular reason other than not wanting to be on the court. He gave up and forced his teammates to make the plays instead of creating for them. This team looked lost because for 80+ games, they relied on Harden to create the offense. The system was built for HIM. It's like taking out AI from the Sixers squad and telling that team to score 100 points. It doesn't happen because they weren't built for that. Harden isn't a superstar; sorry. Until this guy gets his act together and plays well in the playoffs, he's just a guy who stat-stuffs. Let's be honest here, this guy has had disappointing playoffs seasons year after year. His first NBA Finals was a complete joke in which he basically looked like a mannequin. He doesn't play defense and gave zero effort all game. He's not MVP. Anything he says is irrelevant until he plays like a superstar. He can beat up on the poor Los Angeles Lakers all he wants.

da ThRONe
05-12-2017, 03:07 PM
It appeared he just ran out of gas. It's the reason LeBron doesn't go 100% during the regular season.

As far as partying so what? You can be the fierce competitor and not hold on to losing. I bet he needed that R&R after a long season.

Jamiecballer
05-12-2017, 03:39 PM
why the hell should we care what he did, he doesn't work for like 150 days

mngopher35
05-12-2017, 03:41 PM
Ya I don't think this is a big deal at all.

I know the NBA is obviously far far different than anything I have done but haven't you guys been on any teams that lost in some sport? I know when I have there was a good chunk of guys drinking after and trying to forget about, doesn't mean they didn't care (in fact I think they were trying to forget/not think about it because they cared a lot).

I question his play on the court last night for sure but this doesn't mean much at all to me.

Vee-Rex
05-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Ya I don't think this is a big deal at all.

I know the NBA is obviously far far different than anything I have done but haven't you guys been on any teams that lost in some sport? I know when I have there was a good chunk of guys drinking after and trying to forget about, doesn't mean they didn't care (in fact I think they were trying to forget/not think about it because they cared a lot).

I question his play on the court last night for sure but this doesn't mean much at all to me.

I don't think it was a HUGE deal either but it just makes me wonder, you know? We all said he quit on the court last night and a party after losing kinda cements the notion that he doesn't care much about losing.

I mean, it wasn't a "go to the bar and drink away sorrows" kinda thing either. It was a party, almost like a celebration. I don't know about you, but if I'm a teammate or coach or a part of Houston's front office I'd feel kinda betrayed or uneasy about his party AFTER the zero effort in a closeout game at home.

If Harden laid it all out on the court (even if he couldn't make shots) then fine, the partying doesn't mean anything. It just looks bad after the lackluster effort.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-12-2017, 03:49 PM
Do you blame him? James, World famous DJ, pro football players and a famous chick in attendance. I bet it was wildd. The only ones bashing him for this are the... nvm :)

mngopher35
05-12-2017, 03:51 PM
We totally agree about the effort on the court. I just don't think the partying means anything more on top of it.

Jeffy25
05-12-2017, 04:02 PM
This is blown out of proportion and doesn't matter. But he is like one of my least favorite NBA players.

THE MTL
05-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Leave the guy alone, he just lost a huge game and probably wants to cheer up and get get his mind off of it. You people want him crying in his bed all night?

Scoots
05-12-2017, 04:19 PM
Draymond Green is the "slowest" of the Warriors at 3.87mph and it's not because he's ineffective. It's part of being the fulcrum for the offense means you are not running off of screens as much.

That said, Harden did look lost at times.

SteBO
05-12-2017, 04:22 PM
Leave the guy alone, he just lost a huge game and probably wants to cheer up and get get his mind off of it. You people want him crying in his bed all night?
Won't speak for anyone in this thread, but to answer your question, yeah that's what sports lunes want. I'm a fan, your poor play made me miserable as I sat and watched, therefore you should be miserable. This mindset is a plague that needs to be eradicated. Harden is a grown man, and needs to live his life.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-12-2017, 04:29 PM
Can someone please tell me what they would've wanted him to do that would prove he's competitve, or sad or whatever the hell after the game?

He played terrible. We know this. You want him to be in the gym working on his jumper after the game? with no footage, and your predetermined idea about him would still exist...

go home go to sleep?

someone please answer what they would prefer he do after the loss? and when would it be ok for him to enjoy himself? September? or would that be too close to training camp and also show he's not focused?

ManRam
05-12-2017, 04:30 PM
Exact same thing I'd be doing :shrug:

Hell, I had a ****** *** week and boy oh boy am I ready to unwind with a good night out.

Who gives a ****? Jeez....

Like, do people think this means he doesn't care? That's absurdly stupid. Of course he ****ing cares. These are people. He just finished a long grueling season. Let him live. What better way to distract yourself from being upset than to party. Again, he's a human being.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-12-2017, 04:37 PM
this!!!

what do you think people would rather he do?

Scoots
05-12-2017, 04:38 PM
What occurred to me when I saw this was 49ers draft pick Reuben Foster.

Foster failed a drug test at the combine ... DUMB.
Foster got kicked out of the combine for arguing with someone in medical ... DUMB.

So a player has a drug test fail on his record and get kicked out of the combine for arguing with someone in the testing staff ... you'd certainly want to keep clean right? If you are Foster you get a pot vape company to sponsor your draft party and say into a camera "just turning over a new leaf *hehe*"

When I saw that I thought the exact same thing I thought when I saw the Harden thing ... sure there is nothing specifically wrong with it, but it's still a BAD PR move in a situation and it wouldn't have been hard to do something else.

TRIUMPHATOR
05-12-2017, 04:40 PM
With his performance, are we sure he wasn't at the club and the rippers the night before the game???

IKnowHoops
05-12-2017, 06:45 PM

Hell, I had a ****** *** week and boy oh boy am I ready to unwind with a good night out.

Like, do people think this means he doesn't care? That's absurdly stupid. Of course he ****ing cares. These are people. He just finished a long grueling season. Let him live. What better way to distract yourself from being upset than to party. Again, he's a human being.

This x 111111111199999758

More-Than-Most
05-12-2017, 06:53 PM
So when I said I wouldnt want him because of his effort/mentality and how he should never be an MVP or best player candidate I get told I am a hater... He did not care at all last night... showed no fire... I can live with when **** hit the fan and you crumble... It would suck but whatever... From the start of the game he gave no *****... Had no fire... Had no will... He showed up to collect his pay check and said to hell with it... It was the worst performance I have seen in a close out game from a top player ever... On top of this he did it the game before where the team carried him... On top of this he did it the year before and the year before and the year before... Then he decides to no show when the other team is down Parker/KL? Lol GTFO.... Dudes so overrated its not funny... His mentality last night and effort is exactly the effort he gives on defense year in and year out but we ignore it because he can score points... Now factor in the fact that he cries for contact and flops game in and game out and the refs give him more FT than anyone else.....

Welcome to my side. He is a great player ON OFFENSE and has the mentality of a bench player... He will never be able to be the go to guy come playoff time because you need to have fire and defend. He is as anti playoff of a player as there is

More-Than-Most
05-12-2017, 06:58 PM
people will say well its just one game... No the **** it isnt.. Its yearly... Picture for a second in your mind... I said it in the other thread... People give Kobe a ton of **** and I am one of them... Last night kobe goes down swinging and he isnt partying after a loss.. He is probably in the gym 2 hours later... Westy went down swinging... Derozan and CP3 went down swinging.... **** IT/Wall will go down swinging... Utah went down swinging... This dude didnt even show up to swing.

if he didnt do this yearly i would legit think he was thinking what is the point we will lose to the warriors anyway so lets just phone it in now.

kdspurman
05-12-2017, 07:03 PM

+1

More-Than-Most
05-12-2017, 07:05 PM
All those saying who cares he can do what he wants on his free time or some people deal with things differently... Its his mentality and its not surprising and if you are giving the guy max the team should care... He half ***** it alot/His work ethic was ridiculed as was his demeanor and I dont give a **** attitude... Who cares? How about his teammates? You dont think this doesnt rub them the wrong way because its the same old Harden before a game/during a game/after a game... If the dude is having a bad game he crawls in a hole on the bench with that same stupid look on his face with no fire and no care... THATS THE PLAYER I WANT YO.

from 2017

Man look at that fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU53zJdXgfk

archdevil84
05-12-2017, 07:16 PM
to be honest, i dont think he went partying to forget about the game, he probably went partying because he felt like it. I dont think harden gives a **** about anything that happens in the NBA aslong as he gets his attention and money

HandsOnTheWheel
05-12-2017, 07:23 PM
So when I said I wouldnt want him because of his effort/mentality and how he should never be an MVP or best player candidate I get told I am a hater... He did not care at all last night... showed no fire... I can live with when **** hit the fan and you crumble... It would suck but whatever... From the start of the game he gave no *****... Had no fire... Had no will... He showed up to collect his pay check and said to hell with it... It was the worst performance I have seen in a close out game from a top player ever... On top of this he did it the game before where the team carried him... On top of this he did it the year before and the year before and the year before... Then he decides to no show when the other team is down Parker/KL? Lol GTFO.... Dudes so overrated its not funny... His mentality last night and effort is exactly the effort he gives on defense year in and year out but we ignore it because he can score points... Now factor in the fact that he cries for contact and flops game in and game out and the refs give him more FT than anyone else.....

Welcome to my side. He is a great player ON OFFENSE and has the mentality of a bench player... He will never be able to be the go to guy come playoff time because you need to have fire and defend. He is as anti playoff of a player as there is

Top player ever? Lmao.

More-Than-Most
05-12-2017, 07:28 PM
Top player ever? Lmao.

He didnt even try... He gave up... He showed no signs of even being frustrated... He fouled out late just to get out of the game.

cmellofan15
05-12-2017, 08:01 PM
He didn't mean top player ever as in one of the best all time. But as in a top player in the league at any given time

HandsOnTheWheel
05-12-2017, 08:10 PM
Lol

One Nut Kruk
05-12-2017, 09:13 PM
I don't think it was a HUGE deal either but it just makes me wonder, you know? We all said he quit on the court last night and a party after losing kinda cements the notion that he doesn't care much about losing.

I mean, it wasn't a "go to the bar and drink away sorrows" kinda thing either. It was a party, almost like a celebration. I don't know about you, but if I'm a teammate or coach or a part of Houston's front office I'd feel kinda betrayed or uneasy about his party AFTER the zero effort in a closeout game at home.

If Harden laid it all out on the court (even if he couldn't make shots) then fine, the partying doesn't mean anything. It just looks bad after the lackluster effort.

This 100%

Do you blame him? James, World famous DJ, pro football players and a famous chick in attendance. I bet it was wildd. The only ones bashing him for this are the... nvm :)

Yeah because I'm sure he'd never get a chance like that ever again.

Can someone please tell me what they would've wanted him to do that would prove he's competitve, or sad or whatever the hell after the game?

He played terrible. We know this. You want him to be in the gym working on his jumper after the game? with no footage, and your predetermined idea about him would still exist...

go home go to sleep?

someone please answer what they would prefer he do after the loss? and when would it be ok for him to enjoy himself? September? or would that be too close to training camp and also show he's not focused?

Go get ****ed up all you want but I probably wouldn't be doing it the way he did it. Not sure how anybody with a competitive pulse wouldn't be too pissed off to go out and "celebrate". Especially after his lacklustre effort.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-12-2017, 09:42 PM
Yeah because I'm sure he'd never get a chance like that ever again.

Ok. Who gives a **** dude? I mean if your thing is closely monitoring TMZ news on celebrities lives bc your life sucks, then so be it. But if a man wants to have a good time after a rough series, who are you to call him out on it? Don't embarrass yourself.

One Nut Kruk
05-12-2017, 10:29 PM
Ok. Who gives a **** dude? I mean if your thing is closely monitoring TMZ news on celebrities lives bc your life sucks, then so be it. But if a man wants to have a good time after a rough series, who are you to call him out on it? Don't embarrass yourself.

I don't really give a **** but I can still think it's a bad look for him. Who are you to say it's not a big deal? You're the definition of embarrassing.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-12-2017, 10:41 PM
Haha alright guy. For some people to be shredding him for partying is almost childish. Some people need to get out more.

One Nut Kruk
05-12-2017, 11:00 PM
Yeah that's what it is. Need to get out more lol. Maybe you should concentrate on figuring out what "top player ever" meant

Vee-Rex
05-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Not shredding him at all. I just think it looks bad.

If LeBron did something like that you guys would go insane. The whole planet would combust. You got guys questioning KD's competitiveness and LeBron's competitiveness but we can't do the same for Harden without being declared as 'childish'?

If this is how Harden deals with it... by all means, party for the next week. But give better effort next time - and no nut-hugger in this thread can defend his effort in that game 6.

CityofTreez
05-12-2017, 11:13 PM
James Harden is an *** IMO
Always has been.

He inherited a Westbrook-KD duo and was a great 3rd wheel. In time, they could've accomplished so much more as a Big 3, and HE left to pursue HOU. I sincerely believe that 'if' they stuck it out, they would have less stats, but more success. When I think of how that collapsed, it starts with Harden and that's why he's anass. He chose money and fame over the overall goal.....to win a championship!

HandsOnTheWheel
05-12-2017, 11:17 PM
Not shredding him at all. I just think it looks bad.

If LeBron did something like that you guys would go insane. The whole planet would combust. You got guys questioning KD's competitiveness and LeBron's competitiveness but we can't do the same for Harden without being declared as 'childish'?

If this is how Harden deals with it... by all means, party for the next week. But give better effort next time - and no nut-hugger in this thread can defend his effort in that game 6.

Who cares about Harden partying though? TMZ? It's really not that big a deal.

Vee-Rex
05-12-2017, 11:21 PM
Who cares about Harden partying though? TMZ? It's really not that big a deal.

It's not just partying, it's partying after the fact.

Let me put it this way: If Harden decided he'd rather just sit out game 6 and not play because he didn't feel like it... then he had a party after the loss, would you feel any differently about it? Would you question his competitiveness even more after hearing about the party?

Because essentially that's what happened.

More-Than-Most
05-13-2017, 12:06 AM

lol love this clueless take and a shot at someones life because you are mad and have no argument.

Jets012
05-13-2017, 01:35 AM
I can't stand Harden. He's overrated and doesn't play an entertaining game. I'm glad that the Rockets and their one-man offense finally lost.

In most cases I don't criticize players that go out and party after losses. I would possibly do it too. People deal with **** differently. But man, it kind of would rub me the wrong way when you look disinterested on the court then do it. If Harden looked like he was giving his all and then did this, I wouldn't care. But man, watching that game, it really looked like Harden quit early in it.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-13-2017, 01:46 AM
lol love this clueless take and a shot at someones life because you are mad and have no argument.

No ones getting mad. Appreciate the feedback though.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-13-2017, 02:54 AM
@OneNutKruk
Didn't mean your life brother, just anyone in general. My apologies if that got misconstrued. This topic is ridiculous and while I can't stand Harden as much as the next guy, it's just petty to see the Harden hate agenda out in full force for something that can definitely be forgotten about rather quickly. Didn't mean to insult anyone if that's how it was perceived.

More-Than-Most
05-13-2017, 03:45 AM
@OneNutKruk
Didn't mean your life brother, just anyone in general. My apologies if that got misconstrued. This topic is ridiculous and while I can't stand Harden as much as the next guy, it's just petty to see the Harden hate agenda out in full force for something that can definitely be forgotten about rather quickly. Didn't mean to insult anyone if that's how it was perceived.

Dont say sorry **** these people lol... One Nut loves everyone so its no big deal

Shlumpledink
05-13-2017, 04:07 AM
Dude doesn't play defense, of course he doesn't care if he wins or loses

burtgummer
05-13-2017, 06:29 AM
Not a surprise
NBA players only care about themselves and how to make more money

One Nut Kruk
05-13-2017, 06:36 AM
Oh trust me, now that I think of it, I definitely don't get out much anymore. Have a couple kids and see how that goes.

Like I said, I just agree with the side that it looks bad when it looks like it's a fun, celabratory type of party right after a horrendous shellacking.

And yes, I love all you guys.

mike_noodles
05-13-2017, 06:58 AM
He went to drink his sorrows away. No issue with that.

Heediot
05-13-2017, 07:10 AM
Damn, homie couldn't even wait til Friday (the next day to do this), when the Clubs are even more poppin?? Doesn't he have someone to advise him on these things, oh I forgot he is wish the Kardashians. There would have been less backlash if he had just waited 24 hours. Is it that rare for athletes to party the same night after exiting from the playoffs, I'm not an expert in that field, so can someone let me know?

Heediot
05-13-2017, 07:14 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/01/chris-paul-paul-pierce-clippers-party-playoff-elimination/

Cp and Pierce were doing their thing after a game 6 loss? Why so much hate for Harden, it is because he **** the bed in Game 6 and then went out and partied? Paul and the truth are known to be highly regarded competitors.

latimes.com/2012/feb/09/sports/la-sp-plaschke-20120210

Gronk and Matt Light, two pro bowl guys partied after a super bowl loss.

Mark Sanchez and Braylon Edawards were partying after the Jets loss to the Pats in the playoffs.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/01/21/ezekiel-elliott-dak-prescott-shrug-off-playoff-loss-by-partying-in-las-vegas-video/

Zeeke and Dak (2 Rookies) after the Cowboys were sent packing courtesy of GB.

What are people's views on those examples?

KnickNyKnick
05-13-2017, 08:53 AM
Harden probably bet $20 mil on the Spurs. Partied afterwards.

GiantsSwaGG
05-13-2017, 11:19 AM
It's just not a good look, look lifeless in an elimination game but was the life of the party when thots were surrounding him

WaDe03
05-13-2017, 11:27 AM
I've never once wanted to go out and party after taking an L let's alone the most embarrassing L of my life. If you played ball you know the feeling, guarantee you wouldn't want to go out and party after.

Is he supposed to sit at home and pout about it? Damn right he is! As a competitor with the love for the game I don't see how you could want to do something other than that. Go home, think about it, think of ways to get better, go to bed, take a week off, go on vacation for a week, and then get back and put the work in so your aren't embarrassed like that again.

It's just a bad look for him or anyone who does it, to me it screams lack of competitive nature and love for the game. Maybe the money has changed his views when it comes to the game.

tredigs
05-13-2017, 01:32 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/01/chris-paul-paul-pierce-clippers-party-playoff-elimination/

Cp and Pierce were doing their thing after a game 6 loss? Why so much hate for Harden, it is because he **** the bed in Game 6 and then went out and partied? Paul and the truth are known to be highly regarded competitors.

latimes.com/2012/feb/09/sports/la-sp-plaschke-20120210

Gronk and Matt Light, two pro bowl guys partied after a super bowl loss.

Mark Sanchez and Braylon Edawards were partying after the Jets loss to the Pats in the playoffs.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/01/21/ezekiel-elliott-dak-prescott-shrug-off-playoff-loss-by-partying-in-las-vegas-video/

Zeeke and Dak (2 Rookies) after the Cowboys were sent packing courtesy of GB.

What are people's views on those examples?
I think you're missing the point of those who think it's a bad look for him to be out living it up. It has everything to do with him having one of the biggest no-shows from an MVP candidate in a decisive game we've ever seen. Not that he sucked, that he flat out did not put an ounce of effort into the game on either end. People were already pulling on him obviously, it just makes it look even worse that he's out livin it up that very night (while little Rox fans all over are devastated mind you).

As I said earlier, him partying should have shocked nobody. This is who Harden is.

hayley1988
05-13-2017, 02:06 PM
Kind of shows he didn't care all that much about losing. Not a trait I want in my leader.

da ThRONe
05-14-2017, 11:30 AM
I just don't understand why everybody has to make this about how a person should respond to a situation emotionally. You don't have to be on suicide watch to be down about the lost. IT played after his sister's death. Does mean basketball means more to him than his sister.

FlashBolt
05-14-2017, 11:38 AM
So James Harden should be at his room, crying, cutting his wrist while he lays at the bath tub, sulking and posting depressing messages on his social media, take a picture of a rope, and bottles of alcohol all over him. Yes, that's what he should do. The guy lost. He had a very bad game that he choked but he's also very rich and has the right to live his life after the season ends.

WaDe03
05-14-2017, 12:16 PM
He didnt even try... He gave up... He showed no signs of even being frustrated... He fouled out late just to get out of the game.

He's far from a top player ever

One Nut Kruk
05-14-2017, 12:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that he meant that it was one of the worst performances from a top player that he's ever seen. Not that he's one of the top players ever.

tredigs
05-14-2017, 12:56 PM
I love how the rebuttal to him not taking part in an all out rager celebration taking in the chants of "MVP! MVP!" (how pathetic are those Rockets fans by the way) is him on suicide watch taking a shower in his own tears. There IS a middle ground from a fans perspective, and it's called *anything but going out to celebrate in a wild star studded nightclub*. Once again, nobody is throwing him under the bus for that, it's all about what came prior. The guy listing other players who went out to party after a series loss (and presumably many of you) are missing the point entirely. Harden showed us that he could not care LESS about the actual game. But man was he ready to party.

WaDe03
05-14-2017, 01:02 PM
I love how the rebuttal to him not taking part in an all out rager celebration taking in the chants of "MVP! MVP!" (how pathetic are those Rockets fans by the way) is him on suicide watch taking a shower in his own tears. There IS a middle ground from a fans perspective, and it's called *anything but going out to celebrate in a wild star studded nightclub*. Once again, nobody is throwing him under the bus for that, it's all about what came prior. The guy listing other players who went out to party after a series loss (and presumably many of you) are missing the point entirely. Harden showed us that he could not care LESS about the actual game. But man was he ready to party.

This ffs!!!

chipurmunki
05-14-2017, 04:59 PM
rofl, there's nothing here. his season's over, it's nobody's business but his boss's what he does in the offseason. sensationalist clickbait is all this hoopla is.

lol, please
05-14-2017, 06:29 PM
From a human standpoint... I don't care, do what you do. I won't question or lose respect for his character as a human being. You're rich, enjoy life to the fullest.

But from a basketball standpoint... naw, bruh. That's not what you wanna see from your superstar. I would seriously question how much he cares about it and it makes you wonder about his dedication.

That's really bad IMO. I lose respect for him as a basketball player and competitor because it solidifies the idea (along with his terrible, no-effort performances) that he simply does not care.

Well said, my thoughts on this exactly.

lol, please
05-14-2017, 06:35 PM
I've never once wanted to go out and party after taking an L let's alone the most embarrassing L of my life. If you played ball you know the feeling, guarantee you wouldn't want to go out and party after.

Is he supposed to sit at home and pout about it? Damn right he is! As a competitor with the love for the game I don't see how you could want to do something other than that. Go home, think about it, think of ways to get better, go to bed, take a week off, go on vacation for a week, and then get back and put the work in so your aren't embarrassed like that again.

It's just a bad look for him or anyone who does it, to me it screams lack of competitive nature and love for the game. Maybe the money has changed his views when it comes to the game.
Well said.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-14-2017, 06:52 PM
Lol why would anyone have a problem with him partying AFTER the playoffs? He has no other obligation to the team at that point. If he did it BEFORE the game and it affected his performance then people should have a problem.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-14-2017, 06:55 PM
There's no indication he gave less effort if he went to the strip club or gave more effort if he cried home that day.

Chronz
05-15-2017, 10:57 AM
Some one clue me in on how long he should go into hiding? I mean, KD should still be ashamed of himself but this? Im not seeing the big deal about not being so devastated anymore nor do I see the point of isolating a single game, but thats where I differ from most nba fans, I dont view the game as a simple contest but a series of ebbs and flows that can entirely differ from series to series based on absolutely nothing to do with the star player outside of his own control.

In short, wake me up when this guy joins GS, otherwise, lets call out the real ******* of the NBA.

Chronz
05-15-2017, 11:04 AM
Lol why would anyone have a problem with him partying AFTER the playoffs? He has no other obligation to the team at that point. If he did it BEFORE the game and it affected his performance then people should have a problem.

How did you take VC going to his graduation? I didn't really care one way or another but one of my pals was big on VC back in the day and it crushed him.

WaDe03
05-15-2017, 11:05 AM
Well, Lil B has offered to lift his curse on Harden. He said Harden just has to sit down and talk about everything with him so they can sort this out and move on from this. If Harden is smart, he will listen and get this curse lifted.

One thing to keep an eye on, KD has also been cursed by Lil B for the last few years now.

Jamiecballer
05-15-2017, 04:19 PM
How did you take VC going to his graduation? I didn't really care one way or another but one of my pals was big on VC back in the day and it crushed him.

i don't know what his answer will be but i've never understood why people were so bloody salty about that. he worked his whole life to get it, and it was probably the proudest moment of his mothers life. it showed a lot about his character IMO, perhaps the first hint that he would become a great mentor within the game in the back half of his career.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-15-2017, 08:31 PM

He can do whatever he wants before/after a game as long as it doesn't affect the game itself. I only have a problem with Vince being a diva while he was demanding a trade. He should have honoured his contract then left, not be a baby about it.

I mean it's all optics really but I wouldn't question someone giving less effort, on an elimination playoff game, just because he was partying instead of crying or whatever after the game.

It's like last year in Toronto when Carroll and Joseph were walking around the casino at 3-4 am the day before the game and it was covered and brought up a lot. But even Demar said he was awake at the same time, but he was just in his hotel room. Does it really make a big difference if Carroll or Joseph was walking around or in a hotel room? They probably would've played the same whatever they did.

Or when Hedo missed a game but was out in the club later on and the media criticized him. Just because he went doesn't mean he was able to play the game. If he missed the game knowing he could play, then THAT's the problem. But the hell do I care if he was partying after

One Nut Kruk
05-15-2017, 08:53 PM
They are public figures and are heavily scrutinized. Is there really a difference? Of course not. But it looks bad. Not sure why people can't grasp this concept.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-15-2017, 09:31 PM
They are public figures and are heavily scrutinized. Is there really a difference? Of course not. But it looks bad. Not sure why people can't grasp this concept.

I think everyone understand the concept of people scrutinizing public figures for something they really shouldn't be.

Unfortunately, people WANT it to be a problem. I suppose it takes a braver (and/or smarter) bunch to look past all that.

KnickNyKnick
05-15-2017, 10:19 PM
Well said.

your sig hahahahahah