PDA

View Full Version : Who's less needed for their teams succcess..

nastynice
05-10-2017, 02:37 AM
KD or Kawhi?

lol, please
05-10-2017, 02:58 AM
Leonard.

Warriors need KD's leadership, experience, passing, ability to get to the line, and consistent scoring contributions.

Saddletramp
05-10-2017, 03:10 AM
.........sigh............

valade16
05-10-2017, 03:14 AM
Clearly KD. Without him the Warriors as an organization would have no choice but to relegate themselves to the D-league, such would be their ineptitude without KD. I mean, clearly they've done nothing without him the last few years. Had anyone even heard of them before they signed KD?

HandsOnTheWheel
05-10-2017, 03:49 AM
Lol this guy.

KD.

More-Than-Most
05-10-2017, 05:35 AM
lmfao

Capital G
05-10-2017, 06:54 AM
KD easily.

Take KD out of GS and you have what? A team that made the finals last year.

Take KL out of SA........

That's not even mentioning just how much KL means to SA on D.

tp13baby
05-10-2017, 07:50 AM
Leonard.

Warriors need KD's leadership, experience, passing, ability to get to the line, and consistent scoring contributions.

This can't be serious.

SteBO
05-10-2017, 08:03 AM
Leonard.

Yeah Curry, Klay, and Draymond simply aren't good enough to win it all on their own.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2017, 09:25 AM
this can't be a serious question

valade16
05-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Leonard.

Leadership lol? He's the only one of their stars who hasn't won a ring. What's he telling them about what it takes to win they don't already know lol?

IndyRealist
05-10-2017, 10:34 AM
Clearly KD. Without him the Warriors as an organization would have no choice but to relegate themselves to the D-league, such would be their ineptitude without KD. I mean, clearly they've done nothing without him the last few years. Had anyone even heard of them before they signed KD?

^ This guy needs a trophy.

Scoots
05-10-2017, 11:05 AM

LOL. You are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters here.

FlashBolt
05-10-2017, 11:11 AM
I can't imagine why anyone would hate Warriors fans. They are the most humble and sophisticated of fans.

nastynice
05-10-2017, 11:27 AM
lol, legitimate question! If it's such a softball, then hit that **** out the park. I ain't even seen a single yet.. :eyebrow:

nastynice
05-10-2017, 11:28 AM

...or harden?

FlashBolt
05-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Legitimate question? I haven't seen YOU make any arguments yet so how about you set the tone?

HandsOnTheWheel
05-10-2017, 11:29 AM

This.

/thread

nastynice
05-10-2017, 11:29 AM
Legitimate question? I haven't seen YOU make any arguments yet so how about you set the tone?

Already did

It's called creating a thread ;)

nastynice
05-10-2017, 11:31 AM
I can't imagine why anyone would hate Warriors fans. They are the most humble and sophisticated of fans.

lol, what??

FlashBolt
05-10-2017, 11:40 AM
Already did

It's called creating a thread ;)

You said it was a legitimate question but you can't name a reason as to why it's legitimate? Nastynice = troll, got it. Added to my list.

nastynice
05-10-2017, 12:32 PM
You said it was a legitimate question but you can't name a reason as to why it's legitimate? Nastynice = troll, got it. Added to my list.

lol, wtf? Spurs are like 7-1 and beat a pretty hot rockets team in the 4th without him. It's pretty ****in clear why it's legitimate

I get that ur a hater, doesn't mean everyone else is too :)

tp13baby
05-10-2017, 12:45 PM
lol, wtf? Spurs are like 7-1 and beat a pretty hot rockets team in the 4th without him. It's pretty ****in clear why it's legitimate

Durant bandwagoned on a team that already won a ship without him and if they didn't choke (yes i call a 3-1 lead a choke) they win back to back. Durant hasn't made the team the greatest of all time and they actually look better without him. If Curry and Klay struggle you now have a 3rd elite option.

Leonard is everything to that team. Players stepped up against Harden, but not for one second will you convince a non Warriors fan that Leonard means less than Durant to their teams.

This is a terrible thread.

mngopher35
05-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Kawhi is the best offensive and defensive player on the Spurs. Durant is not the best offensive or defensive player on the gs team that has proven capable of winning a championship without him and was favorites without him as well.

MygirlhatesCod
05-10-2017, 01:00 PM
without KD last two years= 19-11 with a +5.4 diff
without KL last two years= 14-4 with a +8.3 diff

the answer is KD is less needed but numbers are numbers.

Chronz
05-10-2017, 04:15 PM

Strength of schedule maybe? What of their teams best lineups (all year) not including the star?

TrueFan420
05-10-2017, 04:54 PM

please dont make generalizations about all of us even tho its easier.

this question is beyond dumb and its not even up for debate. Leonard is far more important to the spurs than KD is to warriors.

STOP POSTING NON-SENSE for the sake of it!

edit: last sentence is about the OP not you flash

MygirlhatesCod
05-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Strength of schedule maybe? What of their teams best lineups (all year) not including the star?

it was pretty even with the teams faced and I added two years when Durant was in OKC last year because they did better than the spurs. either way KD is less of a necessity but it isn't as wide of a margin as everyone thinks. mostly due to the system the spurs have.

FlashBolt
05-10-2017, 06:18 PM

Maybe you don't quite realize what success means. Success in this context means which player is more needed for their respective team. Spurs don't make the Finals without Kawhi. Warriors won the NBA championship without KD and with basically the same core. WTF are you saying? Go run along and Skype with lol,please about a new thread because you are a joke.

GREATNESS ONE
05-10-2017, 08:35 PM
Lolololololololol

SportsFanatic10
05-11-2017, 04:06 AM
Leonard.

This thread probably asks the dumbest question I've ever seen on a sports forum. And this post is the worst ever as well unless it's sarcasm or some ridiculous trolling.

nastynice
05-11-2017, 04:18 AM

lmao!! Thank you

Not gonna say this answers the question, but I will say, all you guys having a heart attack over the op...served

We have two top teams performing incredibly well without their best or close to best player. Is this really a question to flip your lid over? lol

SportsFanatic10
05-11-2017, 05:48 AM
lmao!! Thank you

Not gonna say this answers the question, but I will say, all you guys having a heart attack over the op...served

We have two top teams performing incredibly well without their best or close to best player. Is this really a question to flip your lid over? lol

Served!!!??? The whole idea of this thread is ridiculous no matter what you say. I still can't even believe this is legit, like it has to be a troll job or something. Like I said, probably the worst thread I've even seen on a sports forum lol. But don't worry no heart attack...just extreme indigestion.

Hawkeye15
05-11-2017, 11:59 AM
lmao!! Thank you

seeing as we have 2 seasons of evidence that KD being on the Warriors doesn't matter in their quest for 65+ wins and deep playoff runs, this entire thread is a joke.

Trying to bring up W/L on a Pop's coached team for an individual player is useless.

@ Dallas-W
vs Warriors-W (minus Curry, Durant, Thompson, Green, and Iggy)
vs Sac-W
@ Mem-L
@Tor-W
@BKN-W
vs Por-W
vs Phx-W

that is for this season. So, 4 bad lottery teams they should beat anyways, GS played literally nobody as well, and 2-1 versus meh playoff teams. Strength of schedule dude, it matters..

IndyRealist
05-11-2017, 12:10 PM

That's a REALLY small sample size to try and draw conclusions from, and they didn't face the same opponents.

Gross misuse of numbers only incites more distrust of legitimate analysis.

FlashBolt
05-11-2017, 12:12 PM
Take KD out, Warriors still make the Finals.

Take Kawhi out, LaMarcus Aldridge is the 2nd best player in the Spurs.

Stop. Please, stop. I wouldn't even take Aldridge over Klay.. what the hell is this kind of question? Is this guy being forced with a gun on his head to ask them?

Kyben36
05-11-2017, 12:16 PM
If sa didnt have kawhi, im not sure if they really make a run. A bunch of 35 year olds and aldridge does not a contender make.

Durrant was not on the best team in the league last year and they were fine.

nastynice
05-11-2017, 12:39 PM
Take KD out, Warriors still make the Finals.

Take Kawhi out, LaMarcus Aldridge is the 2nd best player in the Spurs.

?

For the Warriors, only a chip is success

For the Spurs this year, winning the west would be a success

One squad has a higher bar than the other. Two diff definitions of success. Does gs need KD more to win the chip, does sa need kawhi more to win the west?

Again, with LMA as the best player, the Spurs have run through their competition

nastynice
05-11-2017, 12:40 PM
Is this guy being forced with a gun on his head to ask them?

Yes, I only personally entertain myself when a gun is on my head

FlashBolt
05-11-2017, 12:45 PM
For the Warriors, only a chip is success

For the Spurs this year, winning the west would be a success

One squad has a higher bar than the other. Two diff definitions of success. Does gs need KD more to win the chip, does sa need kawhi more to win the west?

Again, with LMA as the best player, the Spurs have run through their competition

So why are you asking this question if you're already saying the Spurs aren't expected to win and thus, Kawhi is not as needed? Seriously, what's the point of this question? You already have it in your mind Kawhi is not as needed because Warriors are actually going to be able to contend. Warriors could contend regardless of KD. Spurs can't contend unless they have Kawhi. It's very simple here. You're trying to give both teams two separate measuring sticks so you can justify that KD is needed more. Even without KD, Warriors were favorites and even without KD, they had a two times MVP (more than KD), a DPOY candidate every season in Green, and one of the greatest shooters in Klay. Who does Spurs have? Come up with a better argument.

MygirlhatesCod
05-11-2017, 12:46 PM
That's a REALLY small sample size to try and draw conclusions from, and they didn't face the same opponents.

Gross misuse of numbers only incites more distrust of legitimate analysis.

im not saying that KD is more important at all. if you take westbrook, harden or PG off their teams for the same timeframe it would be way worse. just pointing out how well both organizations are ran.

nastynice
05-11-2017, 12:50 PM
So why are you asking this question if you're already saying the Spurs aren't expected to win and thus, Kawhi is not as needed? Seriously, what's the point of this question? You already have it in your mind Kawhi is not as needed because Warriors are actually going to be able to contend. Warriors could contend regardless of KD. Spurs can't contend unless they have Kawhi. It's very simple here. You're trying to give both teams two separate measuring sticks so you can justify that KD is needed more. Even without KD, Warriors were favorites and even without KD, they had a two times MVP (more than KD), a DPOY candidate every season in Green, and one of the greatest shooters in Klay. Who does Spurs have? Come up with a better argument.

Reread the question.

But pretend KD is on the Cavs instead, that way your mind doesn't auto short circuit when you see the word warriors ..

FlashBolt
05-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Reread the question.

But pretend KD is on the Cavs instead, that way your mind doesn't auto short circuit when you see the word warriors ..

You reread the question... You never said "for the championship." You're saying which player is needed most for THEIR team's success. Meaning, which player today if you took out from their respective team, would cause the most change negatively. Meaning, it's easily Kawhi here. If you put KD in the Cavs, it's the same answer. A more fair question would be if you took out KD and put Westy - both players who are doing a lot for their team. KD isn't doing much. He's there for the ride.. let's be honest, Warriors probably make it to the Finals and win without KD. What more justification do you need? You should probably read your own question because it doesn't clarify anything at all. If we reversed the roles and put Kawhi in the Warriors (which would make them much better than KD being there), obviously KD is more needed... look at the team, dude..

MygirlhatesCod
05-11-2017, 01:05 PM
You reread the question... You never said "for the championship." You're saying which player is needed most for THEIR team's success. Meaning, which player today if you took out from their respective team, would cause the most change negatively. Meaning, it's easily Kawhi here. If you put KD in the Cavs, it's the same answer. A more fair question would be if you took out KD and put Westy - both players who are doing a lot for their team. KD isn't doing much. He's there for the ride.. let's be honest, Warriors probably make it to the Finals and win without KD. What more justification do you need? You should probably read your own question because it doesn't clarify anything at all. If we reversed the roles and put Kawhi in the Warriors (which would make them much better than KD being there), obviously KD is more needed... look at the team, dude..

hmmmm........that would make a much better thread!

nastynice
05-11-2017, 01:05 PM

Your quote = exactly

Do the dubs win the chip? Do they win without KD?

Do the Spurs make the WCF or win the west (whatever they'd consider a successful season)? Do they without Kawhi?

FlashBolt
05-11-2017, 01:13 PM
Your quote = exactly

Do the dubs win the chip? Do they win without KD?

Do the Spurs make the WCF or win the west (whatever they'd consider a successful season)? Do they without Kawhi?

Which part of Gsw wins the ring without kd and spurs probably get eliminated in the first round dont you understand?

nastynice
05-11-2017, 01:36 PM
Which part of Gsw wins the ring without kd and spurs probably get eliminated in the first round dont you understand?

The part where they went 7-1 and beat the consensus 4th best team in the league in a playoff game...

Also the part where the dubs have been about a 0.66 team in the playoffs these past two years..

What part of that did YOU not understand..?

tp13baby
05-11-2017, 01:49 PM
The part where they went 7-1 and beat the consensus 4th best team in the league in a playoff game...

Also the part where the dubs have been about a 0.66 team in the playoffs these past two years..

But if the goal is to win the west for SAS, they haven't done it without Kawhi.

Dubs have shown they don't need KD. They have DONE it.

FlashBolt
05-11-2017, 01:52 PM

Warriora went 73-9 without KD. Can you stop making a fool out of yourself?

kdspurman
05-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Yea, I really don't think this will generate any legit discussion/debate. Seems the answer is obvious....