PDA

View Full Version : Leader of the Warriors? Who wins Finals MVP?

HandsOnTheWheel
05-07-2017, 01:24 AM
Steph? KD? Draymond? I know before the season began, everyone was quick to say it's Curry's team. Has that changed at all? As a bonus, who do you think gets Finals MVP when they likely win it all?

Quinnsanity
05-07-2017, 01:57 AM
It'll just depend on who gets hot when they beat the Cavs. My instinct says Curry because LeBron will limit Durant. But like, if Klay gets randomly hot for two games he'll win it. If no one puts up big numbers they'll give it to Draymond for his defense. But it's mostly immaterial.

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 02:34 AM
Iggy.... Sorry but Durant and curry choke in the finals... Green wont get the credit he deserves because defense isnt as valued so some guy who holds down lebron will get the nod for whatever stupid reason on top of being open all game because of the big 4 stacked warriors team

FlashBolt
05-07-2017, 02:41 AM
Iggy.... Sorry but Durant and curry choke in the finals... Green wont get the credit he deserves because defense isnt as valued so some guy who holds down lebron will get the nod for whatever stupid reason on top of being open all game because of the big 4 stacked warriors team

Dray was about to get it last year had Warriors won so it's 100% possible. I actually think Draymond would have a very convincing case. Iggy ain't getting it on the sheer fact that he will do NOTHING to stop LeBron. The only reason Iggy got it two years ago was because LeBron had no one to pass it to so every play was predictable.

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 02:59 AM
Dray was about to get it last year had Warriors won so it's 100% possible. I actually think Draymond would have a very convincing case. Iggy ain't getting it on the sheer fact that he will do NOTHING to stop LeBron. The only reason Iggy got it two years ago was because LeBron had no one to pass it to so every play was predictable.

I hate green with a passion... i wish he would be kicked out of basketball... That being said this team would fall apart with out him... His defense is god like and Its a shame it wont get the credit it deserves because curry/klay/durant can shoot.. When building a championship team I am taking green over all 3 of those guys without a 2nd thought. I hate the ****er but he is by far the leader of this team.

tredigs
05-07-2017, 05:53 AM
They have 3 top 10 players and great role players. Take your pick. So far Curry and Draymond have lead the charge.

tredigs
05-07-2017, 06:03 AM
Steph? KD? Draymond? I know before the season began, everyone was quick to say it's Curry's team. Has that changed at all? As a bonus, who do you think gets Finals MVP when they likely win it all?

Actually no, many claimed KD as the best player and doubled down on that midway through the season. Wasn't until he went down and Curry + the Warriors went off that that narrative bit the bullet for a bit. Watching them daily, I'd say Curry is their most important player followed by Draymond, but KD when he is right is a top 3 player and just an absolute juggernaut; their best player on any given night (see: last night). Again, take your pick.

valade16
05-07-2017, 10:34 AM
They have 3 top 10 players and great role players. Take your pick. So far Curry and Draymond have lead the charge.

Draymond is having the 3rd best postseason behind Kawhi and LeBron. If he keeps up this level of play he may win it.

tredigs
05-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Draymond is having the 3rd best postseason behind Kawhi and LeBron. If he keeps up this level of play he may win it.
I mean, it just depends who's the best in the Finals itself and what narratives are going at the time (if they get there and win). Curry was the MVP and clearly their best player in the post-season and very likely the Finals (certainly their most important - no offense to Iggy who was an amazing role player), but we know he did not win it. A post-season award would be cooler IMO (especially since unlike MLB etc they don't have conference final MVP's), but as it is none of what they're doing now matters.

GREATNESS ONE
05-07-2017, 11:30 AM
I got a gut feeling that when the Warriors play the Cavaliers. Kevin Durant is going to have a huge series and role in winning the Championship.

MVP will be KD

lol, please
05-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Calling it now, Klay Thompson will be finals MVP.

Sig quote me

/in before "but he hasn't done anything yet these playoffs"

lol, please
05-07-2017, 01:41 PM

Durant
Curry
Klay
Green

Arguably Iggy

Who did you forget? Was it intentional? (disrespect)

Please don't tell me you just called Klay a role player, intentionally.

nastynice
05-07-2017, 01:58 PM
I got a gut feeling that when the Warriors play the Cavaliers. Kevin Durant is going to have a huge series and role in winning the Championship.

MVP will be KD

I think we're gonna rely on him a lot to help stop lebron and attack him on defense.

As far as MVP, who cares? As long as it's a warrior, hell could even be Javale McGee, I'm good

tredigs
05-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Durant
Curry
Klay
Green

Arguably Iggy

Who did you forget? Was it intentional? (disrespect)

Please don't tell me you just called Klay a role player, intentionally.

Not intentional, Klay's in between. Definitely not a top 10 player but also clearly not just a role player, even if he has been playing like one in the playoffs.

Calling it now, Klay Thompson will be finals MVP.

Sig quote me

/in before "but he hasn't done anything yet these playoffs"

Not Demar Derozan?

Saying Klay hasn't done anything is an understatement. He's been the worst player on the team most nights, he needs to wake up soon (which I'm sure he will, though def does not have a good chance to be a Finals MVP).

lol, please
05-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Thanks for clarifying, I think he's more top 10 than role player, but you know how big of a fan I am so i'm a little biased.

:laugh2: If the Raptors made the finals I think Derozan as FMVP wouldn't be a far stretch even if they got swept. I will be right about the Raptors soon enough I hope, people laugh but they are an exciting team with a passionate fanbase and I feel they've been on the cusp of turning that corner for two seasons now. Demare was a miss, but let's see what changes the offseason brings.

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 03:51 PM
I love how this thread predicts Who's going to win this already.

Sure, 2 teams are the likely favorites. But yea... maybe im naive, but I've seen this before.

mngopher35
05-07-2017, 03:59 PM
^we made it pretty long before someone questioned if they would win it all lol

I kinda think it will be Durant but it really depends on how cle plays them IMO. They have enough options to just take advantage of love/kyrie etc so it might just depend on who gets the mismatches/attention (I think steph is focus so green/Durant maybe more likely fmvp?).

tredigs
05-07-2017, 04:10 PM
^we made it pretty long before someone questioned if they would win it all lol

I kinda think it will be Durant but it really depends on how cle plays them IMO. They have enough options to just take advantage of love/kyrie etc so it might just depend on who gets the mismatches/attention (I think steph is focus so green/Durant maybe more likely fmvp?).

To be fair I disclaimered it on post #9 also lol. There are certainly no guarantees in the playoffs. Agree with your take though.

mngopher35
05-07-2017, 04:16 PM
Haha I read through quick, fair enough. I do think a lot of people see it as a given though. I got them locked in to win it too lol.

lol, please
05-07-2017, 04:20 PM
I love how this thread predicts Who's going to win this already.

Sure, 2 teams are the likely favorites. But yea... maybe im naive, but I've seen this before.

Well said. Basically my go-to defense for why I am so confident about the Raptors - anything can happen in the payoffs, however small the chances might be.

GREATNESS ONE
05-07-2017, 04:37 PM
I'm picking my poison, choosing the lesser of two evils for me. The only team that can beat the Cavs are the Warriors.

Really hope they can finish it this year.

jason
05-07-2017, 04:55 PM

MVP will be KD
That would make everyone so upset lol.. Then again any of the 3 getting the FMVP would make everyone upset

lol, please
05-07-2017, 06:13 PM
That would make everyone so upset lol.. Then again any of the 3 getting the FMVP would make everyone upset

Why would that make people upset lol?

GREATNESS ONE
05-07-2017, 06:37 PM
Because everyone hates on Durant for doing exactly what Lebron is been doing for 8 years or so.

It's hilarious watching everyone flip out and try to say it's different and how Durant is a Vagina for doing it but Lebron is the greatest player ever. Lol

Chronz
05-07-2017, 07:14 PM
LeBron

Chronz
05-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Because everyone hates on Durant for doing exactly what Lebron is been doing for 8 years or so.

It's hilarious watching everyone flip out and try to say it's different and how Durant is a Vagina for doing it but Lebron is the greatest player ever. Lol
It's not exactly the same, bron had more in common with history than beta b kd

lakerfan85
05-07-2017, 07:30 PM
It doesn't matter because Lebron is winning the finals MVP as the Cavs will win back to back titles..

GREATNESS ONE
05-07-2017, 07:34 PM
It doesn't matter because Lebron is winning the finals MVP as the Cavs will win back to back titles..

Noooo nooo noooooo! :( lol no more!

LOb0
05-07-2017, 11:21 PM

I had no idea LeBron went to the team that beat him and joined the MVP the year before.

lol, please
05-07-2017, 11:28 PM
I had no idea LeBron went to the team that beat him and joined the MVP the year before.

He did worse. He promised Cleveland a championship then bolted because he couldn't win without stars, he built a "super" team that underachieved, then bolted again and tried to act like it was all good.

KD just did what FA's do - join the best possible scenario career-wise.

Don't let facts get in the way of your hate though.

tredigs
05-07-2017, 11:29 PM

He didn't, the self proclaimed Chosen One just gave up in the ECF's (don't underrate this fact) and brought the best players from a weak *** conference together to create a team that would win, "Not ONE, not TWO, not THR...". OK yeah just two (thanks Ray for saving a legacy). "Oh we are over the hill now? Cleveland you got ANOTHER #1 pick hahah? I love you guys I'm back!!!".

Amazing player, but one too many ridiculous missteps for some of the hyperbole we hear about him.

Saddletramp
05-08-2017, 04:28 AM

Oh look, another thread where Lebron isn't brought up until a troll/hater throws his name out there. Although I'm sure people will say that it was a "Lebron dude" that brought his name up.

You guys are a ****ing joke.

He did worse. He promised Cleveland a championship then bolted because he couldn't win without stars, he built a "super" team that underachieved, then bolted again and tried to act like it was all good.

KD just did what FA's do - join the best possible scenario career-wise.

Don't let facts get in the way of your hate though.

Same old ********. Pathetic. And not all FA's join the "best possible scenario". I didn't see Lebron joining the Celtics or Lakers. Nothing but a mercenary bandwagon hopping troll. Why do I bother?

Saddletramp
05-08-2017, 04:32 AM
He didn't, the self proclaimed Chosen One just gave up in the ECF's (don't underrate this fact) and brought the best players from a weak *** conference together to create a team that would win, "Not ONE, not TWO, not THR...". OK yeah just two (thanks Ray for saving a legacy). "Oh we are over the hill now? Cleveland you got ANOTHER #1 pick hahah? I love you guys I'm back!!!".

Amazing player, but one too many ridiculous missteps for some of the hyperbole we hear about him.

Up 3-1 with no major injuries might be considered giving up......especially when the top guy fled to the team who just beat him.

And I love how "another number pick" was an unproven rookie in Wiggins (look how Bennett turned out) along with Kyrie (legit, ask Steph) and Bennett, who was an epic flop. He wasn't just going anywhere, he went home after Gilbert called his earlier bluff that he wouldn't leave. Your saltiness is showing again. It's pretty pathetic.

nastynice
05-08-2017, 07:00 AM
Oh look, another thread where Lebron isn't brought up until a troll/hater throws his name out there. Although I'm sure people will say that it was a "Lebron dude" that brought his name up.

You guys are a ****ing joke.

Same old ********. Pathetic. And not all FA's join the "best possible scenario". I didn't see Lebron joining the Celtics or Lakers. Nothing but a mercenary bandwagon hopping troll. Why do I bother?

The Celtics and lakers had the space to sign lebron?

Hawkeye15
05-08-2017, 09:56 AM
if the Warriors advance and win the finals, it would be whomever fits the story with good numbers. It also depends how the other team decides to play. You can't possibly slow down everyone on GS, but if the Cavs hone in on Curry, or Durant for example, and Klay goes nuts, he wins.

I mean, we are 2 years removed from Iggy winning it haha. It could be anyone who wins it, just depends on who has the best 4-7 games out of the bunch. To me, doesn't really matter. It's not like there is one guy superior to everyone else, that is building a legendary resume. It's a super team, more stacked than any team I have ever seen. Whomever ends up spitting out the best numbers will get the trophy.

Yanks All Day
05-08-2017, 10:51 AM
The leader of the Warriors is Draymond Green.

Finals MVP will be Steph Curry if they win. In order to beat Cleveland, Steph has to play better against the Cavs than he has in the last 2 years. He'll be the deciding factor if they win.

Since I don't think they'll beat Cleveland, I'll still say LeBron James is Finals MVP.

FlashBolt
05-08-2017, 11:15 AM
If KD wins the MVP: It hurts Curry's career.
If Curry wins the MVP: It hurts KD's career.
If Green wins the MVP: Curry/KD are going to be looked at completely differently.

That's how I look at it.

tredigs
05-08-2017, 12:01 PM
The leader of the Warriors is Draymond Green.

Finals MVP will be Steph Curry if they win. In order to beat Cleveland, Steph has to play better against the Cavs than he has in the last 2 years. He'll be the deciding factor if they win.

Since I don't think they'll beat Cleveland, I'll still say LeBron James is Finals MVP.

Curry was more than good enough in the first Finals. They lost in the last minute of a game 7 with him playing well below his par in the last Finals, with their SF averaging 9/4/1 on 35/31/60 on the most open looks a player will ever see in Finals history (well outside of Iguodala the prior year). They replaced that guy with Kevin Durant. You'll get amazing odds on Cleveland winning should the two meet up, you should definitely put some money down if you're confident in them pulling it out.

nastynice
05-08-2017, 03:34 PM
If KD wins the MVP: It hurts Curry's career.
If Curry wins the MVP: It hurts KD's career.
If Green wins the MVP: Curry/KD are going to be looked at completely differently.

That's how I look at it.

If either of those guys win, that means we got a chip.

That's how I look at it :)

nastynice
05-08-2017, 03:36 PM
You'll get amazing odds on Cleveland winning should the two meet up, you should definitely put some money down if you're confident in them pulling it out.

Speaking of putting money on playoffs, that 16-0 warriors run still alive n breathing :)

mightybosstone
05-09-2017, 12:50 AM
Can we at least let them get a few games into the Finals before we crown them? They're clearly the favorite, but them winning the title is hardly a foregone conclusion. They still have to beat two top five teams in the league first.

JasonJohnHorn
05-09-2017, 10:25 AM
This is still Curry's team. Like a good leader, he's letting the guys exploit their skill set and get comfortable, and with KD, that means letting him score a lot (and with Klay). But he's still running the show.

That said... I think Green is the emotional leader on the team. He'll call guys out when Curry is to polite to do it. He doesn't mind having somebody be pissed off at him. Curry and Green are like the yin and yang of the team.

Finals MVP... it is a crap shoot with this roster because so many guys can step up. I feel like Green has a distinct edge. But I hope Iggy gets it again ;-)

LA_Raiders
05-09-2017, 06:32 PM
KD; I think this is his year. He will school LeQueen.

nastynice
05-09-2017, 07:34 PM
This is still Curry's team. Like a good leader, he's letting the guys exploit their skill set and get comfortable, and with KD, that means letting him score a lot (and with Klay). But he's still running the show.

That said... I think Green is the emotional leader on the team. He'll call guys out when Curry is to polite to do it. He doesn't mind having somebody be pissed off at him. Curry and Green are like the yin and yang of the team.

Finals MVP... it is a crap shoot with this roster because so many guys can step up. I feel like Green has a distinct edge. But I hope Iggy gets it again ;-)

Dang, thinking of it that's actually spot on. Great post

nastynice
05-09-2017, 07:36 PM
KD; I think this is his year. He will school LeQueen.

lol, I'm def hoping to see them matched up a lot. Lebron's in his own league right now, I won't deny that, but KD is right at the top of that next tier, and can make things very difficult for him. I can see him stepping up. Gotta see how this next series goes, Houston and San Antonio gonna wear each other down a bit for us.

lol, please
05-10-2017, 12:12 AM
lol, I'm def hoping to see them matched up a lot. Lebron's in his own league right now, I won't deny that, but KD is right at the top of that next tier, and can make things very difficult for him. I can see him stepping up. Gotta see how this next series goes, Houston and San Antonio gonna wear each other down a bit for us.

At this point I hope it's Houston.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-05-2017, 02:06 AM
Unquestionably Durant?

zn23
06-05-2017, 02:52 AM
It's obviously Kevin Durant, who is playing like the best player in the world. He has raised his level of play both offensively and defensively.

tredigs
06-05-2017, 03:14 AM
Unquestionably Durant?

They recognize each other's greatness and insanely are both cool sharing the glory right now. Insiders would say the leader is Curry, but he doesn't even care when others get the glory. And credit to KD, he is earning every ounce of the respect right now. I like the idea of him getting Finals MVP, especially if he outplays Bron head to head (so far it's close to even, edge to KD. Curry about equal).

GREATNESS ONE
06-05-2017, 09:27 AM
KD is the difference and is just taking it right to James. He's won both match ups and right now is the Finals MVP.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Right now, Durant by a smidge over Curry. 2 more *** poundings to go at the very least, for one of them to maybe create distinction. Otherwise maybe they can both take turns taking it home every other week for the summer.

MJNetsIsles
06-05-2017, 10:35 AM

Congrats for worst answer and dumbest post ever

MJNetsIsles
06-05-2017, 10:39 AM
I hate green with a passion... i wish he would be kicked out of basketball... That being said this team would fall apart with out him... His defense is god like and Its a shame it wont get the credit it deserves because curry/klay/durant can shoot.. When building a championship team I am taking green over all 3 of those guys without a 2nd thought. I hate the ****er but he is by far the leader of this team.

It's obviously Kevin Durant, who is playing like the best player in the world. He has raised his level of play both offensively and defensively.

It's KD without a doubt.

warfelg
06-05-2017, 11:30 AM
The NBAPA for not smoothing the cap and letting this happen.

hugepatsfan
06-05-2017, 11:49 AM
The NBAPA for not smoothing the cap and letting this happen.

BS to blame them IMO. It's what was in the best financial interests of the players. They shouldn't sacrifice the good of all the players they represent just so Durant doesn't get the opportunity to tuck his dick between his legs and run to GS like a *****.

warfelg
06-05-2017, 11:57 AM
BS to blame them IMO. It's what was in the best financial interests of the players. They shouldn't sacrifice the good of all the players they represent just so Durant doesn't get the opportunity to tuck his dick between his legs and run to GS like a *****.

They were going to get their money either way so I'm kinda annoyed at the "best financial interests of the players" line. It was the best interest of the few older star players who re-adjusted the latest age of a full max to benefit themselves.

This was all to self serve CP3, LBJ, Dwayne Wade and other older higher leadership of the NBAPA.

The sooner you wrap your mind around that the sooner you realize the strongest PA in the major 4 screwed their own sport.

LA4life24/8
06-05-2017, 08:00 PM
Its gonn be KD or curry. I think they are both tryna out play one another at the moment lol

WaDe03
06-05-2017, 08:05 PM
It'll be Durant. He's their best player.

smith&wesson
06-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Green! Because he is the defensive anchor and the only player on that team that can't be replaced if he got injured or suspended.

If Curry was out, Klay and Durant can still light up the score board. If Durant went down Curry and Klay step up etc .. But we all saw what happened with Green out last year.

BKLYNpigeon
06-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Curry and KD CO-MVPs

smith&wesson
06-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Curry and KD CO-MVPs

Most likely

BKLYNpigeon
06-05-2017, 08:45 PM
would be tough for co-mvps the votes have to be split which would be rare from a bunch of voters.

Saddletramp
06-06-2017, 04:04 AM
It should probably be Russell Westbrook. If he was just a little nicer and passed the ball a few extra times a game, KD would have probably had stayed in OKC. Ball-less *****es like niceties and extra balls.

nastynice
06-06-2017, 04:36 AM
lol, ****, I'll give you that one

DanG
06-06-2017, 07:25 AM
Curry hasn't been nearly as impactful as KD. Durant guards LeBron, impacts alot of perimeter shots and defends the rim while Curry is just on JR. On the offensive end Durant has also been more efficient

GREATNESS ONE
06-06-2017, 08:44 AM
Regular season MVP = Westbrook

Finals MVP = Durant

Jayb587
06-06-2017, 09:09 AM
It'll just depend on who gets hot when they beat the Cavs. My instinct says Curry because LeBron will limit Durant. But like, if Klay gets randomly hot for two games he'll win it. If no one puts up big numbers they'll give it to Draymond for his defense. But it's mostly immaterial.

comedy.

FOXHOUND
06-06-2017, 10:45 AM
So far it's KD, but I'm still laughing that some people thought he was going to sleepwalk his way to a championship. The hold over Warriors may be acting on revenge for last year, but KD has been waiting for another shot at LeBron since 2012. KD is out for blood, yo. :laugh2:

GREATNESS ONE
06-06-2017, 10:54 AM
So far it's KD, but I'm still laughing that some people thought he was going to sleepwalk his way to a championship. The hold over Warriors may be acting on revenge for last year, but KD has been waiting for another shot at LeBron since 2012. KD is out for blood, yo. :laugh2:

Seriously he's like a man possessed out there, I'm actually quite shocked how much he's outplaying Lebron. Looking forward to tomorrow's game in Cleveland, I think Bronny and the Boys are going to bring it, look forward to seeing how the Dubs respond.

FlashBolt
06-06-2017, 10:59 AM
*outplaying LeBron*

Lol. Where was this outplaying before he joined the Warriors?

FOXHOUND
06-06-2017, 11:04 AM
Seriously he's like a man possessed out there, I'm actually quite shocked how much he's outplaying Lebron. Looking forward to tomorrow's game in Cleveland, I think Bronny and the Boys are going to bring it, look forward to seeing how the Dubs respond.

I thought LeBron would fare better than he has on defense so far, old and all, but I guess I underestimated how hungry KD was. I'm looking forward to game 3 too, the Cavs will hit back at some point. They're not going to lose 4 games straight by 20 points.

Jewelz0376
06-06-2017, 11:44 AM
If everything continues like it's been it will def been Durant. He's been the best player on Warriors all year and it's continued in the finals. He's been the best player in the finals on both teams.

Hawkeye15
06-06-2017, 11:49 AM
I thought LeBron would fare better than he has on defense so far, old and all, but I guess I underestimated how hungry KD was. I'm looking forward to game 3 too, the Cavs will hit back at some point. They're not going to lose 4 games straight by 20 points.

well, the Cavs defense, as expected, has not been good. Their team defense keeps breaking down, leaving their defenders on an island. LeBron isn't 25 anymore, as good of a defender as he is, he can't stay in front of a perimeter player if left alone to be roasted. The Warriors are so stacked with guys that can shoot, dribble, drive, and create, you can't send extra attention to anyone. Durant is facing less defense this year, than at any point in his life. Why? Because you can't load up on him, or the rest of the all NBA/all stars get that many more open looks.

If the Cavs don't figure out how to put any disruption in the GS offense, they are toast. Hell, they are toast anyways haha

GREATNESS ONE
06-06-2017, 11:49 AM

Seriously! I know the Dubs are a better team but at least fight! Dive! Get back! Commit hard fouls! They look demoralized out there and it looks like Lebron is passing the torch to KD this season.

ewing
06-06-2017, 11:51 AM
Steve Kerr?

tredigs
06-06-2017, 12:43 PM
If everything continues like it's been it will def been Durant. He's been the best player on Warriors all year and it's continued in the finals. He's been the best player in the finals on both teams.

That's actually not true. Curry has been their best player the last few months and slightly better through the playoffs as well. The Warriors in general tend to miss Curry on the court much more than Durant. Both are just phenomenal though. KD has the edge through two games (Curry's bad 2nd quarter turning the ball over last game drops him behind, as well as KD outplaying Lebron), but Curry has been so dominant himself that one game can switch that narrative, especially since this next one will likely be very close and seen as more meaningful than the blowouts.

aman_13
06-06-2017, 12:55 PM
KD but it's close. I think Curry still has a great chance.

Chronz
06-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Out for blood? Lmfao then he wouldn't have ran scared. His ONLY hope to best Bron was joining a team of this caliber. History will never forget

Gibby23
06-06-2017, 02:14 PM
Out for blood? Lmfao then he wouldn't have ran scared. His ONLY hope to best Bron was joining a team of this caliber. History will never forget

If he wins 3 or 4 finals by dominating the way he is, History is going to have him as a top 5 to 10 player.

FlashBolt
06-06-2017, 02:36 PM
If he wins 3 or 4 finals by dominating the way he is, History is going to have him as a top 5 to 10 player.

Depends on who you ask. Outside of the Warriors fanbase, most fans see him as a snake. Where was this Finals dominance before he got to the Warriors? Hmmm...

Gibby23
06-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Depends on who you ask. Outside of the Warriors fanbase, most fans see him as a snake. Where was this Finals dominance before he got to the Warriors? Hmmm...

Have you missed his career to date?

Jewelz0376
06-06-2017, 03:14 PM
That's actually not true. Curry has been their best player the last few months and slightly better through the playoffs as well. The Warriors in general tend to miss Curry on the court much more than Durant. Both are just phenomenal though. KD has the edge through two games (Curry's bad 2nd quarter turning the ball over last game drops him behind, as well as KD outplaying Lebron), but Curry has been so dominant himself that one game can switch that narrative, especially since this next one will likely be very close and seen as more meaningful than the blowouts.

Regular season you probably could say Curry due to the fact Durant missed a good portion of the 2nd half due to injury. The whole season when they are both playing including the playoffs I probably give the edge to Durant, because of his impact defensively.

tredigs
06-06-2017, 07:05 PM
Regular season you probably could say Curry due to the fact Durant missed a good portion of the 2nd half due to injury. The whole season when they are both playing including the playoffs I probably give the edge to Durant, because of his impact defensively.

Before KD went down he had the edge. Since then it's been Curry. Pretty much a toss up overall, but it's definitely undeniable stats/eye test wise that the Warriors are at their best with Curry and not vice versa.

WaDe03
06-06-2017, 09:48 PM
You can't gameplan to defend any single guy on the Warriors yet people are so shocked they're playing so well lol. Learn the game fellas, there's a reason why KD couldn't do this ever in his career and a reason Curry didn't live up to the hype his last 2 finals series. Now they can run wild in single coverage.

KG2TB
06-06-2017, 10:49 PM
You can't gameplan to defend any single guy on the Warriors yet people are so shocked they're playing so well lol. Learn the game fellas, there's a reason why KD couldn't do this ever in his career and a reason Curry didn't live up to the hype his last 2 finals series. Now they can run wild in single coverage.

While your premise holds weight, I think curry was injured last year in the finals. People may disagree and that's fine, but I've watched him enough to know he wasn't able to move the same way.

But yes, Durant unquestionably opens things up for everyone. His versatility is also an invaluable weapon that GS thrives on.

lol, please
06-06-2017, 11:05 PM
I'm still clinging to the hope that Klay goes off for 40+ for the last two games and steals FMVP.

:love:

tredigs
06-07-2017, 12:39 AM
While your premise holds weight, I think curry was injured last year in the finals. People may disagree and that's fine, but I've watched him enough to know he wasn't able to move the same way.

But yes, Durant unquestionably opens things up for everyone. His versatility is also an invaluable weapon that GS thrives on.

I would agree with this.

GREATNESS ONE
06-07-2017, 12:56 AM
I'm still clinging to the hope that Klay goes off for 40+ for the last two games and steals FMVP.

:love:

Klay might not but I can see Durant doing so....

Chronz
06-07-2017, 07:42 AM

Not when he has it this way with this much proven talent. It's impossible to disgrace true greatness with such cowardice

FlashBolt
06-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Not when he has it this way with this much proven talent. It's impossible to disgrace true greatness with such cowardice

On a talent level, he's a top ten player IMO. But we'll never truly know the extent of how great he is with him joining such a team. It's ridiculous but guys like Karl Malone, Stockton, Barkley, and even Clyde during his prime never got a ring as the top guy despite being dominant. Then you have a snake who does it and we're supposed to boost him to a top 5-10 player? Maybe he cracks top ten but me, personally, if anyone can replicate the same success as KD did for the Warriors, how do we distinguish the rankings?

GREATNESS ONE
06-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Lol you really hate KD huh?

Jeffy25
06-07-2017, 11:45 PM
Durant just sealed it.

GREATNESS ONE
06-07-2017, 11:52 PM
Durant just sealed it.

He's Nasty.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-07-2017, 11:57 PM
You had a feeling that shot was going in too. He was definitely trying to prove something. He picked a damn good time. That's going to go down as one of the greatest shots in NBA finals history.

Gibby23
06-08-2017, 12:02 AM
You had a feeling that shot was going in too. He was definitely trying to prove something. He picked a damn good time. That's going to go down as one of the greatest shots in NBA finals history.
No it isn't

Raps18-19 Champ
06-08-2017, 12:06 AM
No it isn't

Of course it will. In 20 years when they show those NBA finals montages, you'll see that shot every year as part of the montage. Hand in the face pull up 3 to take over the lead late in the game with the best player in the game guarding you? That doesn't happen in the finals every often. They'll make it look like a passing of the torch.

Gibby23
06-08-2017, 12:08 AM
Of course it will. In 20 years when they show those NBA finals montages, you'll see that shot every year as part of the montage. Hand in the face pull up 3 to take over the lead late in the game with the best player in the game guarding you? That doesn't happen in the finals every often. They'll make it look like a passing of the torch.

No

Raps18-19 Champ
06-08-2017, 12:16 AM
Yes.

Gibby23
06-08-2017, 12:21 AM
Yes.

Whatever you say. I just don't agree or take you seriously. Just don't think you know what you are talking about

GREATNESS ONE
06-08-2017, 12:27 AM
Lolz

Raps18-19 Champ
06-08-2017, 12:27 AM
Well can you name like 30 better shots in NBA finals history? They usually include like a minutes worth in those montages.

MrfadeawayJB
06-08-2017, 01:07 AM
If you throw stats out it's easy tbh. Klay is the most valuable player on the team. One of the best scorers and easily best on the ball defender.

BKLYNpigeon
06-08-2017, 02:39 AM
Curry has been so good in the finals. Leads everyone in +/- and shooting 47-47-100.

KD has been hitting all the big memorable shots, so I think he takes it.

lol, please
06-08-2017, 02:50 AM
Still hoping Klay has a monster game 4 and steals it.

LOb0
06-08-2017, 02:56 AM

And anyone who knows anything will scoff and point out how he couldn't do that without being on a 73 win team.

nastynice
06-08-2017, 07:33 AM
haha, that was a filthy shot tho. that boy just cool as the other side of the pillow.

warfelg
06-08-2017, 09:45 AM
And anyone who knows anything will scoff and point out how he couldn't do that without being on a 73 win team.

Not only that, most of (imo) memorable shots in the finals have been in decisive games. 2-2, 3-2, something like that. This was a shot on a team up 2-0 who would still win the series even if they lost the game.

Saddletramp
06-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Well can you name like 30 better shots in NBA finals history? They usually include like a minutes worth in those montages.

That shut him up. Thanks.

Yeah, this.

nastynice
06-08-2017, 03:28 PM
I almost pitied lebron. KD just strolled up and busted that **** in his face like nothing. Poor Cavs, it's too much. Now they know what every other team feels like playing them in the east, lol

FlashBolt
06-08-2017, 03:44 PM

Lmao, a Warriors fan refusing to admit that was one heck of a shot because he hates LeBron. Amazing.