PDA

View Full Version : HEAT Draft Lottery

Dade County
05-06-2017, 02:43 AM
What if Miami does get lucky & we land a top 3 pick. What player could Pat trade the pick for (& fillers)? Who would he realistically target?

Note:
Miami couldn't just trade the pick right away. Because we are not allowed to trade our draft pick.

KP?
If he demands a trade and refuses to come back to the United States... LMAO

Klay?
If GS self destruct for some reason during this playoff run. Also they could be thinking about KD & Curry contracts & the luxury tax.

Lillard?
If Portland wants assets & are looking to reset. Also it was rumored that they were shopping him around.

Melo?
Yeah Right... LMAO

Butler?
Bulls front office might do this, if it's a top 2 pick.

Paul George?
Pacers know he wants out, so they would jump all over this.

Wiggens?
You never know, they might want to pair up another potential star next to KAT or just go in a different direction.*

I can go on and on, but of course you need two to tango.

Or would we just keep the pick at the end of the day.

hotdalton18
05-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Uh keep the pick

There's 3 star PG's in this draft

Lonzo, Fultz and Fox

Celtics/Phx might **** the bed with there pick and take Josh Jackson for "need" reasons

So you could realistically be looking at 2 of those 3 being available

Also in this case you could throw Dragic into trade talks while also trying to lure a FA

Draft Lonzo

Trade - Dragic , Winslow , TJ and J Rich and Josh Mcroberts for Paul George (Idk if that would work) lol but some version of that

Let go Reed

Resign Babbit for min

Resign JJ, Waiters and Ellington to the home town contracts they keep talking about

Sell Gordon Hayward on playing with PG/Whiteside/JJ/Waiters and Lonzo

Since playing in South Beach is something he's already considering

Lonzo/
Waiters/Ellington/Mcgruder
Hayward/JJ
PG/Babbit/UD
Whiteside/

Fill out the rest with vet min players

Don't kill me lol just a fantasy situation

Dade County
05-06-2017, 09:31 AM
Uh keep the pick

Lonzo, Fultz and Fox

Celtics/Phx might **** the bed with there pick and take Josh Jackson for "need" reasons

Also in this case you could throw Dragic into trade talks while also trying to lure a FA

Draft Lonzo

Trade - Dragic , Winslow , TJ and J Rich and Josh Mcroberts for Paul George (Idk if that would work) lol but some version of that

Let go Reed

Resign Babbit for min

Resign JJ, Waiters and Ellington to the home town contracts they keep talking about

Lonzo/
Hayward/JJ
PG/Babbit/UD
Whiteside/

If it turns out that way, it's cool but we need to keep JRich. His 3&D talent plus he can drive when he needs too. We need to keep at least one of are young guys lol

Wade n Fade
05-06-2017, 10:56 AM
Can't trade a top 3 pick imo because you're getting a franchise changing PG with 1 or 2, Josh Jackson/Jayson Tatum at #3. If you end up with Tatum, you can keep Dragic too.

daleja424
05-06-2017, 02:44 PM
I actually had this thought recently... and in my opinion I would let that lead to a big overhaul. With the handful of superteams out there, a good team is just not going to get it done. If we land a top 3 pick, I think you have to probably trade Dragic or Johnson and use that money to go after one of the big names in FA.

hotdalton18
05-07-2017, 12:35 AM
Uh keep the pick

Lonzo, Fultz and Fox

Draft Lonzo

Let go Reed

Resign Babbit for min

Lonzo/
Hayward/JJ
PG/Babbit/UD
Whiteside/

If it turns out that way, it's cool but we need to keep JRich. His 3&D talent plus he can drive when he needs too. We need to keep at least one of are young guys lol

If your getting Lonzo/PG/Hayward I doubt pat cares about losing the young guys

king james
05-07-2017, 02:09 AM
I'm almost 100% positive that Pat won't trade Dragic unless it's for someone BIG. I think that Pat values Dragic that much.

king james
05-07-2017, 02:20 AM
I do love that thought of trading the 1st pick for Klay. But I think we need a Alpha type of player to lead the Heat. He's more like a 3rd in command type of player and we already have those guys on our team already. Honestly the only player I considered close to being a Alpha is PG. I consider Butler and Klay about equal with PG just ahead.

All-In
05-07-2017, 03:49 AM
If we get a top 3 pick (HUGE IF) I really think we draft either Fultz or Jackson then bring Reed, Waiters, Johnson back, see how we play then if necessary we make a deal at the deadline and package up some of our young pieces and a vet for a star

But I really think a lineup that features Josh Richardson, Waiters, Josh Jackson, Winslow and James Johnson would be a coaches dream...they're all long, athletic, 3 shooters, all can handle the ball and all can defend multiple positions

I mean a team that consists of:

Dragic/Johnson
Fultz or Jackson/JRich
Waiters/Mcgruder
JamesJohnson/Winslow
Whiteside/Reed

Thats deep as hell with a lot of talent under the age of 29

Why would you be so fast to break that up? I would want to see how they play together first before I do any move

Dade County
05-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Just remember to factor in, that this offseaon will shape Miami for the next 3yrs. When & if Bosh plays 25 games, his salary comes back on our cap.

So i believe Pat will be making decisions on that fact.

Can't trade a top 3 pick imo because you're getting a franchise changing PG with 1 or 2, Josh Jackson/Jayson Tatum at #3. If you end up with Tatum, you can keep Dragic too.

Well, it all depends on if Pat & Spo feels that anyone of these players can be a franchise changing player.

If your getting Lonzo/PG/Hayward I doubt pat cares about losing the young guys

True... But Spo would. & Spo has proven himself somewhat.

Dade County
05-07-2017, 01:26 PM
Vid of top draft prospects... https://youtu.be/smfp6ffz2yY

unleashthebeast
05-08-2017, 12:09 PM
Guys if we somehow by the grace of God get a top 3 pick we need to keep that guy. We aren't 1 big player away from beating the Cavs, so dealing that pick for a guy like Jimmy doesn't make a ton of sense. Stay young, let that top 3 pick develop into a star, THEN you start truly competing.

This is all a pipe dream anyway though. I'm just praying that we somehow trade up a couple spots to get Malik Monk haha

Dade County
05-08-2017, 02:55 PM
I do love that thought of trading the 1st pick for Klay. But I think we need a Alpha type of player to lead the Heat. He's more like a 3rd in command type of player and we already have those guys on our team already. Honestly the only player I considered close to being a Alpha is PG. I consider Butler and Klay about equal with PG just ahead.

Me too... Miami needs a player like Klay..Makes me still think about Booker & how Miami was thinking about drafting him but Winlow fell to us at 10.

Imagine if we had Booker on the team this past season, i still like Winslow though.

Back to Klay.

I believe if Miami could get their hands on him they would go for that trade in a heart beat. I think they would be able to bring in another all star too.

Wade n Fade
05-13-2017, 10:21 AM
Me too... Miami needs a player like Klay..Makes me still think about Booker & how Miami was thinking about drafting him but Winlow fell to us at 10.

Imagine if we had Booker on the team this past season, i still like Winslow though.

Back to Klay.

I believe if Miami could get their hands on him they would go for that trade in a heart beat. I think they would be able to bring in another all star too.

Then we need to look at SG via the draft and let go of Dion Waiters because we can't have Waiters playing big time minutes on a major contract with the heir apparent siting on the bench because Dion isn't going to do too well at the three imo.

daleja424
05-15-2017, 08:19 PM
So I have this fantasy scenario where the HEAT land the #1 pick and then trade it to Philly (who is dying for a franchise PG) in exchange for #4 and #5 in the draft. Miami then uses those picks to select Jason Tatum and Lauri Markkanen...picks that address our biggest needs (shooting, length, and versatility) and guys that can be rotation players day 1.

king james
05-16-2017, 12:35 AM
^That would be beautiful. Do you think the Heat would take Markkanen that high? I think 5 would be to high for him. But I do like ur thinking though.

How about this. Heat gets 1st pick trades to 76ers for the 4th and 5th and they take Tatum with the 4th. Instead of picking at the 5th, see if the Blazers would be interested in trading us their 15th pick this year and their 1st next year. That way we still get 2picks this year and get something for next year. Maybe pick Lydon or Leaf with the 15th and that way we still get a floor spacer at the PF spot. Just a piggy back on your trade. Lol. Would be awesome if it happened lol.

hotdalton18
05-16-2017, 03:28 AM
Pat ain't passing on Lonzo if he some how got the first pick

Before we went on the streak he was at a **** ton of his games

I wouldn't pass on a superstar for a star and a quality player anyway

Fultz and Ball have superstar all over them