PDA

View Full Version : Boston Red Sox (15-13) @ Minnesota Twins 14-12

Soxfan85
05-05-2017, 12:56 PM
Game 1: Friday, May 5, 8:10 PM ET

Eduardo Rodriguez

The lefty has dazzled in his last two starts, allowing one run over 12 innings while notching 16 strikeouts. Opponents are hitting just .185 against Rodriguez this season
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phil Hughes

Hughes struggled a bit against the Royals last time out, but still picked up the win. The right-hander allowed four runs on 10 hits over 5 2/3 innings.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game 2: Saturday, May 6, 2:10 PM ET

Rick Porcello
The sinkerballer is 0-4 in his last four starts, but has given up only four runs in the last three outings. The Red Sox havenít scored a run for Porcello in any of those four starts.

Tepesch
Is set to make his first start of the year after posting a 2.00 ERA in three starts at Triple-A. But he hasn't pitched since April 20, so he'll be on a limited pitch count.

Game 3: Sunday, May 7, 2:10 PM ET

Chris Sale
The lefty has been magnificent in his first six starts with the Red Sox, striking out 10 or more the last five times out. Sale is 8-6 with a 4.58 ERA in 16 career starts against the Twins.

Ervin Santana
Santana has the lowest ERA among starters, and kept it rolling against the A's on Tuesday. The right-hander didn't have his best command, but still tossed six scoreless innings.

TedWilliams9
05-05-2017, 09:17 PM
How are we down multiple runs before I even turn the game on like almost every game so far this season, this has to be at least the 8th time iv'e turned a game on about 20 minutes after first pitch and we are already trailing by 2 or more runs... We must lead the league or be close in a stat like that other than the just bad teams probably, especially as a team with a winning record...

BSF101
05-06-2017, 01:06 AM
Figures we give up the game.

warfelg
05-06-2017, 09:06 AM
Too much energy and emotion spent on the O's.

Green_Monster
05-06-2017, 09:19 AM
It's too bad we didn't fire Farrell last year. It will probably happen sooner or later if we don't start playing well. Only now, our replacement has the Diamondbacks half a game out of 1st in the NL West.

Green_Monster
05-06-2017, 04:38 PM
Porcello had been pretty great outside of that one horrible start. Once we get Price back this rotation is pretty filthy with Rodriguez pitching well and Pomeranz being solid.

Soxfan85
05-06-2017, 04:59 PM
Great work by Porcello and the offense today

papipapsmanny
05-07-2017, 04:57 PM
Farrell Infuriates me with his constant lineup changes.... although shows is that he actually doesn't know what he is doing.

Soxfan85
05-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Farrell Infuriates me with his constant lineup changes.... although shows is that he actually doesn't know what he is doing.

Since he switched the lineups the bats finally woke up. Keep the lineup as is. Before we were barely scoring any runs.

I hope nobody tries to give a Manager John Farrell any credit for waking up the bats by switching up lineup are.

@RochieWBZ

Soxfan85
05-07-2017, 05:23 PM
I think the line is just fine :hi5:

Soxfan85
05-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Sox break it open with a 5-run 9th. They've scored 23 runs in two games with the new lineup.
@TomCaron

papipapsmanny
05-07-2017, 05:34 PM
One game is not evidence of anything... either way he will switch it again, there needs to be some sort of continuity and stability in the lineup.

Soxfan85
05-07-2017, 08:45 PM
This forum has really gone hill and its sad. Only time its active is when the team is doing terrible. When are exploding runs crickets. I feel I'm the only true fan on here :shrug: I'm with them good and bad.

RedSoxtober
05-08-2017, 09:14 AM
It's too bad we didn't fire Farrell last year. It will probably happen sooner or later if we don't start playing well. Only now, our replacement has the Diamondbacks half a game out of 1st in the NL West.
:sigh: I was thinking something similar when a commentator talked about the "unexpectedly strong start from the Diamondbacks."

One game is not evidence of anything... either way he will switch it again, there needs to be some sort of continuity and stability in the lineup.

Is two games evidence? When does it become evidence? Even if the Sox had not exploded in the 9th yesterday they would still have outscored their average production by 50%.

While I agree that there is some stability that's needed, there's also been quite a challenge to it this year. The Sox have basically been playing baseball for five weeks and very few of those weeks have come without some kind of disruption to their "starting" lineup. The first two weeks were altered because of the flu, then JBJ goes out with Panda joining him. Paternity and grievance leaves. Holt, who would have a spot of stability, has been battling vertigo brought on by the flu while Marco Hernandez tailed at the plate and in the field. Vazquez overtaking Leon is a good thing IMO but it's still driving more change. That's a lot of stuff going on in the lineup that is out of Farrell's control.

I actually think he kept the lineup reasonably consistent with all that going on... but that produced a lineup that scored 12 runs over seven games, being shut out twice and held to one run once. Being more aggressive with the lineup has at least broken the team out of those doldrums. While I think that the lineup looks a bit odd at the moment, it has finally started bunching hits rather than scattering them. Leading the league in hitting but coming in the bottom in runs was frustrating as hell.

Bosston
05-08-2017, 09:51 AM
This forum has really gone hill and its sad. Only time its active is when the team is doing terrible. When are exploding runs crickets. I feel I'm the only true fan on here :shrug: I'm with them good and bad.

Hey! I'm here... but it is funny how this fan base reacts. If you read comments on here, instagram, and facebook you would think they're 10 games down in mid sept. The arm chair quarterbacks always know best.