PDA

View Full Version : Wojnarowski: Parker to undergo season-ending surgery

mrblisterdundee
05-04-2017, 11:37 AM
According to Adrian Wojnarowski, Tony Parker will need season-ending surgery on his injured quadricep:

After suffering a non-contact leg injury in the 121-96 Game 2 victory over Houston on Wednesday night, Parker underwent an MRI on Thursday morning in San Antonio. The team is expected to rule out Parker for the rest of the playoffs and schedule a procedure based on the outcome of the MRI exam, league sources said.
- Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo Sports (https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-spurs-guard-tony-parker-expected-undergo-season-ending-surgery-151232104.html)

mrblisterdundee
05-04-2017, 11:40 AM
Not to add insult to injury, but this might be a blessing in disguise as far as the Spurs' future. Aside from a retro game or two, Parker has been a shell of his former self. I could see him retiring after this, which opens cap space for the Spurs to go after another point guard such as Paul, should he go ring-chasing. Teague and Holiday would also be good targets.

kdspurman
05-04-2017, 11:52 AM
Not to add insult to injury, but this might be a blessing in disguise as far as the Spurs' future. Aside from a retro game or two, Parker has been a shell of his former self. I could see him retiring after this, which opens cap space for the Spurs to go after another point guard such as Paul, should he go ring-chasing. Teague and Holiday would also be good targets.

A game or 2? He's been very good overall, and easily the 2nd best/most reliable player behind Kawhi in the post season. Its not a blessing at all. Idk if he'll retire either, depending on the severity, he may come back.

They were already grooming Murray to take the reigns from him. (Most people dont realize that) Unless it was CP3, i doubt they're going to pay big $ for a PG. There are other issues they'll need to address

LA4life24/8
05-04-2017, 12:11 PM
Could push tp to retirement... cp3 to spurs rumors heating up lmao

Not likely but damn thats a grear fit

Also Houston will prolly win the series now

Houston vs golden state conferencr finals (most combined 3 pointers shot and made by two teams in a conference finals matchup record will get demolished lol)

mngopher35
05-04-2017, 12:15 PM
So lame. I thought he was playing pretty well even if not the tp of old.

Hawkeye15
05-04-2017, 12:34 PM
he isn't the TP of old, but he was playing well enough. This will be a loss for them.

kobe4thewinbang
05-04-2017, 01:31 PM
That sucks. I'm not sure if this nixes them from contention, but it does not help. People saying it'll force him to retire is a cold thing to say. He'll bounce back and try again next season, probably be mostly good. If not, Popovich will adjust and the worst thing that could happen is they retain Mills because of it and Murray gets some burn.

Bostonjorge
05-04-2017, 01:47 PM
Spurs just lost a big weapon.

xxplayerxx23
05-04-2017, 01:56 PM
Huge loss. He was playing good ball. Spurs still win

TrueFan420
05-04-2017, 02:11 PM
They were already grooming Murray to take the reigns from him. (Most people dont realize that) Unless it was CP3, i doubt they're going to pay big $ for a PG. There are other issues they'll need to address

Maybe I'll defer to your knowledge of the Spurs but there's one thing that remains true. When you have the chance to add top end talent you always do it. Figure out how to make it work after.

CP would be stupid good fit if added to the Spurs. If he goes to them and says I want to play for you I can wager they do what they need to do to make it happen. Murray or not.

kdspurman
05-04-2017, 02:31 PM
Maybe I'll defer to your knowledge of the Spurs but there's one thing that remains true. When you have the chance to add top end talent you always do it. Figure out how to make it work after.

CP would be stupid good fit if added to the Spurs. If he goes to them and says I want to play for you I can wager they do what they need to do to make it happen. Murray or not.

Yea, that's why I said unless it's CP3, no doubt. Few things would need to happen for this, and I honestly don't know how likely it is.

I mean I just don't expect them to throw money at any PG just in an effort to replace him, depending on his recovery time.

They'll be patient for sure, but if CP3 is available, they will surely do what they can to make that happen

Scoots
05-04-2017, 02:52 PM
A game or 2? He's been very good overall, and easily the 2nd best/most reliable player behind Kawhi in the post season. Its not a blessing at all. Idk if he'll retire either, depending on the severity, he may come back.

In the 20 or so games I've seen of the Spurs this year Murray only seemed to get in late. Didn't seem like he was really in the rotation yet. He looked fast, but not really comfortable.

kdspurman
05-04-2017, 03:01 PM
In the 20 or so games I've seen of the Spurs this year Murray only seemed to get in late. Didn't seem like he was really in the rotation yet. He looked fast, but not really comfortable.

Yea.. he started a handful of games when TP was out, but that was about it. his most impressive game was against the Cavs. I mean, its the way TP came in the league, young/raw, fast, etc...

Lots to be determined tho. I mean if Patty stinks it up, it changes things , just as if he lights it up and becomes too pricey.

Heediot
05-04-2017, 03:07 PM
Yea, that's why I said unless it's CP3, no doubt. Few things would need to happen for this, and I honestly don't know how likely it is.

I mean I just don't expect them to throw money at any PG just in an effort to replace him, depending on his recovery time.

They'll be patient for sure, but if CP3 is available, they will surely do what they can to make that happen

I can see Pau willing to sacrifice if it brings in cp, don't know if manu has a buy out but he may be another guy willing to sacrifice to bring in cp3.

This is all contingent on Parker though, I know Manu and the spurs organization are loyal to him, so if he wants to remain a spur I don't think they pull a riley and try to force/manipulate him to retire or go elsewhere.

lol, please
05-04-2017, 03:16 PM
Shame he went down the way he did, my prayers go out to him for a swift and steady recovery. This is a crippling blow for their championship aspirations, but look for the Spurs to be back in the mix next season, one way or the other.

lol, please
05-04-2017, 03:19 PM
Could push tp to retirement... cp3 to spurs rumors heating up lmao

Not likely but damn thats a grear fit

Also Houston will prolly win the series now

Houston vs golden state conferencr finals (most combined 3 pointers shot and made by two teams in a conference finals matchup record will get demolished lol)

We already played them in the WCF last year, were any records demolished then?

kdspurman
05-04-2017, 03:39 PM

Didnt you play OKC?

And it's a very diff Houston team/system. They shoot so many 3s these days

rhino17
05-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Didnt you play OKC?

I may be wrong but they broke the record for 3s this season previously held by the Rockets team that played the Warriors in the western conference finals in 2015. So, probably lots of 3s then too

HouRealCoach
05-04-2017, 07:58 PM
Dejounte Murray!

LA4life24/8
05-05-2017, 12:14 PM

They shoot sooo many 3s though. And if they are hittin em warriors will shoot a bunch to keep up.

They def shoot more this year than ever. Dantoni has gone on record saying his suns days he regrets not going full out on the 3 ball and he says thats what he's doing now. Like half their shots are 3s if not more lmao

LA4life24/8
05-05-2017, 12:15 PM
Didnt you play OKC?

Right? How many did they shoot game 1 vs your spurs? They made a lot of em i know that lol