PDA

View Full Version : If it was all One conference

More-Than-Most
05-02-2017, 03:33 AM
How would you see it playing out right now and do you think it would be better?

It would look like this

Warriors
Spurs
Rockets
Celtics
Cavs
Clippers
Jazz
Raptors
Wizards
Thunder
Grizz
Hawks
Bucks
Pacers
Blazers
Bulls

Now I am unsure about the tie breakers but if someone else is more sure set up the exact standings and matchups

Would this be better?

Heediot
05-02-2017, 09:43 AM
Warriors Cavs might end up clashing before the finals.

That kind of seeding might be better, as it makes games count more and might reduce resting. Not too sure though. I'm sure the Cavs or any other contender would want to avoid that 4-5 seed and the Warriors for as long as they can.

dhopisthename
05-02-2017, 12:38 PM
it would greatly help the Western Conference teams and really hurt the east. just based on quick outline of how it might go

1. Golden State - 16. Chicago
8. Toronto- 9. Washington

4. Boston 13. Milwaukee
5. Cleveland 12. Memphis

6. Clippers 11. Atlanta
3. Houston 10. Indiana

7. Utah 10. Okc
2. San Antonio 15. Portland

so I am not a 100% sure how the tiebreakers between the 4 51 win teams would go and the Grizzlies hawks, if someone knows I could update this. Every west team except the warriors now gets an easier opponent while every east team gets a harder opponent.

FlashBolt
05-02-2017, 12:48 PM
the conference thing is there because it makes more financial sense and would be easier to make schedules. With that being said, it would be too easy for the top seeds.

LA4life24/8
05-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Looks like it would eliminate most of the east by the 2nd round lol and create very similar 2nd round west matchups that were first round matchups this year.

Cavs or warriors gonna clash before finals. Nba wont ever do this because itd kill finals ratings.

Driven
05-02-2017, 01:44 PM
I think it would be interesting how this would effect players getting rest. Would Cleveland rest their guys so much if they were to be a 5 seed?