PDA

View Full Version : What happens to Paul, Griffin, Reddick?

mrblisterdundee
05-01-2017, 12:56 PM
This is similar to the threads I started on the effect of the Pacers and Thunder losing in the first round on Westbrook and George.
What happens to Paul, Griffin and Redick? Do Paul and Griffin take their early termination options? Does Redick join another contender? Is Jordan the last of the Clippers' core to stick around?

Heediot
05-01-2017, 01:06 PM
They all agree to stick if the Clips can nab Melo. They will see if they can make a run with an upgrade on offense.

If they can't nab Melo, I can see S & T's for Paul and Griffin (especially Paul, he didn't negotiate the elderly benefits to not take advantage of it).

They need to trade Rivers Jr. Doc makes decisions based upon how things will effect his son, a conflict of interests IMO. He's too loyal to his Son, Crawful, and Old Man Pierce as well.

Reddick disappears in the playoffs for LAC and his defense will only be on the decline. They should pass on him.

hugepatsfan
05-01-2017, 01:06 PM
I don't see how the Clips ever win it all with this core, TBH. They don't have enough talent overall. A great big 3 and then some solid players but player #4-8 they have to be the weakest team in the playoffs or at least one of them. They have no means to really get better. They need good players to take vet min deals but if a guy is willing to do that he'd be better off going to the Spurs, Warriors, Cavs. Even BOS/TOR/WAS are probably better spots for those guys since the East is relatively weaker than the West.

That being said I think they should keep trying. Only trade chip they have if they blow it up is Jordan and I doubt he gets a franchise altering rebuild type of return. No sense in just letting CP3, Blake, Reddick walk for nothing. Offer whatever it takes and just keep trying. Maybe they get lucky and break through. If not, just rebuild in a few years. You'll have lose whatever Jordan could have gotten in a trade but otherwise they'd be no worse off than starting now.

Heediot
05-01-2017, 01:10 PM
I don't see how the Clips ever win it all with this core, TBH. They don't have enough talent overall. A great big 3 and then some solid players but player #4-8 they have to be the weakest team in the playoffs or at least one of them. They have no means to really get better. They need good players to take vet min deals but if a guy is willing to do that he'd be better off going to the Spurs, Warriors, Cavs. Even BOS/TOR/WAS are probably better spots for those guys since the East is relatively weaker than the West.

That being said I think they should keep trying. Only trade chip they have if they blow it up is Jordan and I doubt he gets a franchise altering rebuild type of return. No sense in just letting CP3, Blake, Reddick walk for nothing. Offer whatever it takes and just keep trying. Maybe they get lucky and break through. If not, just rebuild in a few years. You'll have lose whatever Jordan could have gotten in a trade but otherwise they'd be no worse off than starting now.

The only good thing about Doc and Cp is their abilty to attract bargain players. Players like to play with Cp and players like Doc as a coach for whatever reason. Doc isn't good at playing to the strengths of his players though, he makes decisions based on emotions and tunnel vision.

hugepatsfan
05-01-2017, 01:10 PM
They all agree to stick if the Clips can nab Melo. They will see if they can make a run with an upgrade on offense.

If they can't nab Melo, I can see S & T's for Paul and Griffin (especially Paul, he didn't negotiate the elderly benefits to not take advantage of it).

They need to trade Rivers Jr. Doc makes decisions based upon how things will effect his son, a conflict of interests IMO. He's too loyal to his Son, Crawful, and Old Man Pierce as well.

Reddick disappears in the playoffs for LAC and his defense will only be on the decline. They should pass on him.

If Clips get Melo I think it will have to be via buy-out. I don't see the Knicks wanting to take back the contracts LAC have to offer and they don't really have assets. It's actually possible I think if Melo plays up his NTC leverage and refuses to go anywhere else. Force the Knicks hand to either let him stick around or let him go for free. Push comes to shove I bet they'd let him go.

CP3/Crawford
Reddick/Rivers
Melo/Wes Johnson
Blake
Jordan

Need to use exceptions/vet min deals on front court depth but I could see that happening. It's their best chance IMO.

FlashBolt
05-01-2017, 01:12 PM
Doc should be fired. This guy coaches on emotions rather than facts. This team doesn't work. You have a guy who steps up in the playoffs in CP3 but he's extremely limited because of his size. You have two guys who disappear as soon as the playoff comes. Blake keeps getting injured year after year. It doesn't end there because they still keep pumping money into a guy like Jamal Crawford. Honestly, it doesn't work. They keep trying to attract veterans to that team but the only veterans they get are the ones no one wants. DeAndre just rebounds and dunks. Last night, with Gobert out, how does he not score more? This guy has the size/power advantage and the best thing he can do is dunk the ball when he's wide open? Does this guy not know how to score at all? Why do they pay these guys hundreds of millions and they can't go to the gym and learn some post moves? I mean, he's clearly not THAT good at FT's either and he should be going to the weight room anyways. What does DJ do with his time? Garbage player. Blake is the same thing. Hasn't improved his game at all. Hit his peak really early and is now falling off like Dwight. The guy can't even jump over a chihuahua at this point - let alone a car. Lob city hasn't been a thing for years and that's scary considering that's literally why anyone cared about them.

LA4life24/8
05-01-2017, 01:41 PM
I think theres a good chance its finally the year we see em blow it up. Maybe they try ti snag melo but if they werw gonna do that id imagine they prolly woulda tried that at the deadline.

Maybe they keep everyone but swap griffin for melo?

If im the clips id call cleveland and try and do sign amd trade cp3 for kyrie straight up. Doubtful theyd go for it but worth a shot.

Dade County
05-01-2017, 02:45 PM
If Clips get Melo I think it will have to be via buy-out. I don't see the Knicks wanting to take back the contracts LAC have to offer and they don't really have assets. It's actually possible I think if Melo plays up his NTC leverage and refuses to go anywhere else. Force the Knicks hand to either let him stick around or let him go for free. Push comes to shove I bet they'd let him go.

CP3/Crawford
Reddick/Rivers
Melo/Wes Johnson
Blake
Jordan

Need to use exceptions/vet min deals on front court depth but I could see that happening. It's their best chance IMO.

No lol

Phil isn't a push over...

Melo would come off the bench if he doesn't want to add more teams to his list.

This is Phil Jackson we are talking about, you really think he will let one of these 2003 deafted players get their way? He would get fired first before that happens lol

HeartOfStarks
05-01-2017, 03:09 PM
No lol

Phil isn't a push over...

Melo would come off the bench if he doesn't want to add more teams to his list.

This is Phil Jackson we are talking about, you really think he will let one of these 2003 deafted players get their way? He would get fired first before that happens lol

This. Phil has made his blunders for sure, but I genuinely believe the days of the Knicks getting absolutely hosed are (temporarily) over (Dolan is still at the ultimate helm so the darkness could still continue in some facet.)

But we're not currently just going to give value away for nothing like we did previously. I don't see that happening in the immediate future.

That said, a Melo to Clippers deal could possibly work if a third team jumps in, maybe Portland with their multiple first round picks. Not sure what it would look like but I'd be surprised if we move Melo and picks aren't involved. Pretty sure Phil realizes it's time to build around KP/Willy and this upcoming draft could expedite that.

akagiredsuns
05-01-2017, 03:25 PM
I expect to be hearing Griffin to Boston talk this offseason. Possible S&T for a couple firsts and Crowder/Smart something along those lines. Boston has long wanted a true big. Putting Griffin with Horford, Thomas, Bradley would make them more competitive vs Cavs. As for CP3, I've been saying it til the cows come home. If Parker retires, Spurs are landing CP3. As for Jordan, he may end up like Bosh in Miami with no one. Bet he's feeling salty not going to the Mavs now. Reddick is on the decline. Crawford needs to hang it up. Best years are behind him. Pierce retiring, the Clips just need to blow it up and start all over. Bringing Melo there is not the answer. Too much ego over ball handling, CP3 needs to touch the ball & Griffin needs his dunks while Melo will be chucking 30 shots a game. Sorry but Flop City has to rebuild from scratch. 3-4 years they'll be back in it.

Dade County
05-01-2017, 04:00 PM
Cp3 picks money of winning. GS & Cavs just to good.

Blake goes to Miami, or maybe Boston. Blake agent contacts Doc & askes would you like to do a sign & trade. If it's HEAT, Bosh & a filler goes to Clips Lmao. Or Blake just walks.

If it's Boston, Horford & a pic goes to Clips.

hugepatsfan
05-01-2017, 04:30 PM
If Blake wanted to leave why would he want a S&T that makes his new team worse. There's no financial incentive to do a S&T anymore.

Green_Monster
05-01-2017, 04:41 PM
Cp3 picks money of winning. GS & Cavs just to good.

Blake goes to Miami, or maybe Boston. Blake agent contacts Doc & askes would you like to do a sign & trade. If it's HEAT, Bosh & a filler goes to Clips Lmao. Or Blake just walks.

If it's Boston, Horford & a pic goes to Clips.

Almost none of this makes sense.

shep33
05-01-2017, 04:43 PM
How are they going to get Melo?

LA4life24/8
05-01-2017, 04:49 PM
How are they going to get Melo?

Sign and trade Griffin for melo is the only realistic possibility and thats a stretch. Blake&porzingis at the 4 n 5 though. Not too shabby

shep33
05-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Sign and trade Griffin for melo is the only realistic possibility and thats a stretch. Blake&porzingis at the 4 n 5 though. Not too shabby

That's the thing. Blake would have to agree to it. Yeah he'd get more money, but he still has the option to become a free agent and play wherever he wants to.

Kyben36
05-01-2017, 05:17 PM
personally, i think reddick is gone, Griffin stays for the money, and Paul Leaves

That Said, I feel like Griffin Wants to Win More than Paul Does. (just my own thought) so i could see Griffin Leaving too, causing Paul to leave as well.

I dont think the big two come back together though. we will have to see who can offer money to these guys,

Saddletramp
05-01-2017, 06:25 PM
personally, i think reddick is gone, Griffin stays for the money, and Paul Leaves

That Said, I feel like Griffin Wants to Win More than Paul Does. (just my own thought) so i could see Griffin Leaving too, causing Paul to leave as well.

I dont think the big two come back together though. we will have to see who can offer money to these guys,

Totally disagree. Paul wants to win more but I guess we'll see if he gets his supermax and hogties the team so they can't do anything. That whole deal is a mess.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-01-2017, 06:27 PM
Each of them sink in the Titanic.

Cracka2HI!
05-01-2017, 08:16 PM
It's going to be an interesting off-season for sure. I think The Clippers are even more hamstrung that most know. I don't think they can do a S&T that puts them over the luxury tax. They could re-sign all their players but they wouldn't be able to do a S&T that would land them in the luxury tax. That rules out just about every possible S&T. I think CP3 and Blake will be back. I think and hope JJ is gone. He can't get it done in the playoffs and the team already has $27 million locked up in SG's Austin Rivers and Jamal Crawford. I hope they make a change and I get that people are claiming the sky is falling and they must make a move. If there isn't a good move to make I hope they just let JJ go and bring back the rest. Is that a great option? Of course not but where there are no good options available you take the least damaging. Maybe they can find a way to find add that elusive SF....LOL!!!

Cracka2HI!
05-01-2017, 08:19 PM
The move that needs to be made most is the least likely. Doc Rivers removed as GM.

Quinnsanity
05-01-2017, 08:34 PM
What do I expect to happen? Redick leaves and the Clips can't replace him, but Paul and Griffin take the money to return. Clips are a perpetual first round out until everyone starts demanding trades. I wouldn't rule out DeAndre leaving as an FA next year.

What do I hope happens? CP3 to San Antonio, DeAndre traded to Boston, Redick to Minnesota, Blake to Washington (it'd take some maneuvering). That seems like the most fun scenario.

GiantsSwaGG
05-01-2017, 08:58 PM

No thanks. Don't trust Blakes knees and we already have Willy at the 5. Clippers need Melo but don't have the assets for him

Raps18-19 Champ
05-01-2017, 09:04 PM
CP3 going East. Griffin stays.

GiantsSwaGG
05-01-2017, 09:11 PM
CP3 would be a great fit for the Bucks

FlashBolt
05-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Griffin stays because him and DJ are buttbuddies. CP3 is like the dad of that team. The smallest guy on the team is the toughest.. what a joke lol.

Heediot
05-01-2017, 10:30 PM
Griffin stays because him and DJ are buttbuddies. CP3 is like the dad of that team. The smallest guy on the team is the toughest.. what a joke lol.

reddick, crawful are marshmellows too.

as much as i don't like austin rivers inconsistent game, he is has the mental toughness to be a dog in the playoffs.

kobe4thewinbang
05-01-2017, 11:02 PM
Stephen A is right when he says the Clippers should re-sign CP3 if he's interested but swing Griffin and others for a definitive #1 option, primarily a scorer, because CP3 is not a scorer and he's getting up there in age.

Dade County
05-01-2017, 11:09 PM
That's the thing. Blake would have to agree to it. Yeah he'd get more money, but he still has the option to become a free agent and play wherever he wants to.

This...

Blake we'll decide where he wants to play if he doesn't choose the money; he will go to an organization where he feels gives him the best chance of winning a title.

I know people think they can decide for him lol...

Dade County
05-01-2017, 11:10 PM
CP3 going East. Griffin stays.

I feel it will be the other way around.

Dade County
05-01-2017, 11:14 PM
I expect to be hearing Griffin to Boston talk this offseason. Possible S&T for a couple firsts and Crowder/Smart something along those lines. Boston has long wanted a true big. Putting Griffin with Horford, Thomas, Bradley would make them more competitive vs Cavs. As for CP3, I've been saying it til the cows come home. If Parker retires, Spurs are landing CP3. As for Jordan, he may end up like Bosh in Miami with no one. Bet he's feeling salty not going to the Mavs now. Reddick is on the decline. Crawford needs to hang it up. Best years are behind him. Pierce retiring, the Clips just need to blow it up and start all over. Bringing Melo there is not the answer. Too much ego over ball handling, CP3 needs to touch the ball & Griffin needs his dunks while Melo will be chucking 30 shots a game. Sorry but Flop City has to rebuild from scratch. 3-4 years they'll be back in it.

We've been hearing Boston trade/free agency talk for the past 3yrs. It's media hype, the leauge has an agenda.

If they get an all star player good for them but if it doesn't happen, i hope the media shuts up.

Tg11
05-02-2017, 08:33 AM
If the Clippers sign and trade Griffin for Melo then I think that that's a great trade especially since Blake gets a new start in New York City playing for the Knicks while Melo comes out to L.A. he is in another big market but also he and Paul are BFFs so them playing together is not too much of a stretch

Plus with Blake in New York he and Porzingis can actually make New York exciting again

But with Melo, Paul, Jordan you can actually build on something

Cracka2HI!
05-02-2017, 02:11 PM
There is a lot of scuttlebutt on the radio here about the Clippers. It's kinda sad. These hosts never cover the Clippers and now all of the sudden their all pissed off about how this season ended and demanding change. I find it hilarious when LA folks use Laker mentality on the Clippers. The Lakers are the luckiest franchise in history with teams seemingly lining up over history to give them their best players. It may have just happened again with Boogie and they whiffed leading to mass firings. That isn't the Clippers reality. In fact their reality is quite the opposite.

This team can't win the title. I think we can all see that. However I don't think the Clippers can improve from letting either of their stars walk. A perennial 50 win team may be the best Clipper fans can hope for. Who's to say Blake can't rebuild his trade value and have some team willing to give up the farm for him down the line? Or maybe a team thinks they are a Chris Paul away from the title? Those scenario's aren't in play if they walk. A rebuild is coming and I'd rather see them trade their stars when the time comes than let them walk now. There isn't anything to rebuild with so why do it?

That doesn't mean I haven't thought about S&T scenario's. There is one I like. Melo seems likely to come to LA. I think he and CP3 would work but maybe not Melo, CP3 and Blake. I don't see Blake ending up in NY. With Phil's latest comments Melo has Tony Romo like trade value. I think Boston would be a good fit for Blake. A 3 team deal I like has Blake going to Boston, Austin Rivers going to New York and Melo and Avery Bradley coming to the Clippers. Here on the radio they seem to be ignoring cap rules and suggesting a S&T of Reddick and Rivers for Melo might work. I don't think it's possible if they re-sign both Blake and CP3 because they would be well into the luxury tax and you can't do a S&T if you're in the tax. I think I'd prefer the Blake deal but if The Clippers could really get Melo in here with Blake, CP3 and DJ it would be fun to watch. It might be a disaster but even if it was it would be fun to talk about.

hugepatsfan
05-02-2017, 02:31 PM
There is a lot of scuttlebutt on the radio here about the Clippers. It's kinda sad. These hosts never cover the Clippers and now all of the sudden their all pissed off about how this season ended and demanding change. I find it hilarious when LA folks use Laker mentality on the Clippers. The Lakers are the luckiest franchise in history with teams seemingly lining up over history to give them their best players. It may have just happened again with Boogie and they whiffed leading to mass firings. That isn't the Clippers reality. In fact their reality is quite the opposite.

This team can't win the title. I think we can all see that. However I don't think the Clippers can improve from letting either of their stars walk. A perennial 50 win team may be the best Clipper fans can hope for. Who's to say Blake can't rebuild his trade value and have some team willing to give up the farm for him down the line? Or maybe a team thinks they are a Chris Paul away from the title? Those scenario's aren't in play if they walk. A rebuild is coming and I'd rather see them trade their stars when the time comes than let them walk now. There isn't anything to rebuild with so why do it?

That doesn't mean I haven't thought about S&T scenario's. There is one I like. Melo seems likely to come to LA. I think he and CP3 would work but maybe not Melo, CP3 and Blake. I don't see Blake ending up in NY. With Phil's latest comments Melo has Tony Romo like trade value. I think Boston would be a good fit for Blake. A 3 team deal I like has Blake going to Boston, Austin Rivers going to New York and Melo and Avery Bradley coming to the Clippers. Here on the radio they seem to be ignoring cap rules and suggesting a S&T of Reddick and Rivers for Melo might work. I don't think it's possible if they re-sign both Blake and CP3 because they would be well into the luxury tax and you can't do a S&T if you're in the tax. I think I'd prefer the Blake deal but if The Clippers could really get Melo in here with Blake, CP3 and DJ it would be fun to watch. It might be a disaster but even if it was it would be fun to talk about.

If BOS wanted Blake and Blake wanted to sign with Boston why wouldn't he just sign into their cap space? The only way BOS would ever give up those assets for Blake is if they signed another player into cap space (i.e. Hayward) and then wanted to also get Blake.

cmellofan15
05-02-2017, 03:39 PM

Smallest guy is the toughest...you mean like the Thunder?

Cracka2HI!
05-02-2017, 04:08 PM
If BOS wanted Blake and Blake wanted to sign with Boston why wouldn't he just sign into their cap space? The only way BOS would ever give up those assets for Blake is if they signed another player into cap space (i.e. Hayward) and then wanted to also get Blake.

If Blake wanted to take less. I think Boston would have to move a salary like Avery Bradley to even offer him their max. I imagine Blake will want the Super-Max which would require a S&T. I don't think Boston will re-sign Bradley once is contract is up either way. He'll probably want a Super-Max and they have guys in Brown and possibly Josh Jackson behind him. Plus another top 3 pick next year.

tp13baby
05-02-2017, 04:12 PM
LAC will not return Paul, Griffin or Reddick. Boston reaps the benefits again, swings the Nets picks and others next year for a superstar.

hugepatsfan
05-02-2017, 04:26 PM
If Blake wanted to take less. I think Boston would have to move a salary like Avery Bradley to even offer him their max. I imagine Blake will want the Super-Max which would require a S&T. I don't think Boston will re-sign Bradley once is contract is up either way. He'll probably want a Super-Max and they have guys in Brown and possibly Josh Jackson behind him. Plus another top 3 pick next year.

BOS does need to clear a couple mil to offer a full max deal to Blake but they don't need to give anyone away. They can move Crowder (~7M) or Bradley (~$9M) or Smart ($4M) in a trade of their own and actually get something back then sign Blake to a max. If they're moving Crowder/Bradley there's room to take back some salary. In the case of Smart they can't take any salary back really but they could definitely get some kind of future pick for him rather than just giving him to LAC out of charity.

Kyben36
05-02-2017, 04:29 PM
totally disagree. Paul wants to win more but i guess we'll see if he gets his supermax and hogties the team so they can't do anything. That whole deal is a mess.

let me rephrase then, i think paul wants a payday (have you seen how much he could make) than griffin. Griffin might take less to play for a winner, end of the day, i find it hard to believe paul would pass up what can he make more, 100 mil almost to stay.

Dade County
05-02-2017, 04:44 PM

I just don't think Blake except any S&T that doesn't benefit him. So i don't see him going to Ny either. Whoever is thinking that isn't really being realistic with themselves.

I don't see him wanting to go to Boston either. That team isn't good enough to win it all, unless they can get some other all stars there through trades & free agency.

Hawkeye15
05-02-2017, 04:51 PM
they can't really afford Reddick after what they paid Rivers, and Crawford. Paul will stay, he makes an extra $35+ million in year 5.

Heediot
05-02-2017, 04:59 PM
they can't really afford Reddick after what they paid Rivers, and Crawford. Paul will stay, he makes an extra $35+ million in year 5.

Redick is a nice player in the regular season. For the Clippers, he just can't seem to get it going in the playoffs. I don't think it's worth it to pay him the 15 million he'll get to disappear in the playoffs with expected declining defense to boot. So yeah it's smart to move on from him, for others reasons in combination with financial reasons.

FlashBolt
05-02-2017, 05:02 PM
It's very simple: IF CP3 wants to win a championship, he shouldn't resign.

Cracka2HI!
05-02-2017, 05:16 PM
BOS does need to clear a couple mil to offer a full max deal to Blake but they don't need to give anyone away. They can move Crowder (~7M) or Bradley (~$9M) or Smart ($4M) in a trade of their own and actually get something back then sign Blake to a max. If they're moving Crowder/Bradley there's room to take back some salary. In the case of Smart they can't take any salary back really but they could definitely get some kind of future pick for him rather than just giving him to LAC out of charity.Fair enough but if Blake wants the Super-Max they will have to trade for him. If Boston determines he's the player that will put them over the top Avery Bradley would be a small price to pay. Especially if they aren't planning on re-signing him anyway. I'm not claiming this a rumor or anything but I'm obviously not going to be throwing out scenario's where Blake walks for nothing if I'm trying to figure out what is best for the Clippers.

I just don't think Blake except any S&T that doesn't benefit him. So i don't see him going to Ny either. Whoever is thinking that isn't really being realistic with themselves.

I don't see him wanting to go to Boston either. That team isn't good enough to win it all, unless they can get some other all stars there through trades & free agency.I think the bigger question is whether Boston wants him. I think you're crazy if you think a Boston team with Blake and 2 top 3 picks the next 2 years can't win a title down the road. I think they're a dynasty in the waiting if they get the Superstar they need. They clearly need a PF and Blake likes to move the ball so he won't hurt their team chemistry in theory. If Blake gets healthy he still has 5+ prime years. Big if, I know. Boston is clearly the best fit for Blake imo.

I wish it was only $35 million in year 5. A 5 year $200 million will be around $35 million in year 1. It will be around $45 million in year 5. That's what makes the Clippers situation even worse. It wouldn't surprise me to see The Clippers re-up their guys and then have the rest of the owners reject these ridiculous contracts and give their B level Superstars more realistic contracts.

hugepatsfan
05-02-2017, 05:21 PM
Fair enough but if Blake wants the Super-Max they will have to trade for him. If Boston determines he's the player that will put them over the top Avery Bradley would be a small price to pay. Especially if they aren't planning on re-signing him anyway. I'm not claiming this a rumor or anything but I'm obviously not going to be throwing out scenario's where Blake walks for nothing if I'm trying to figure out what is best for the Clippers.

I think the bigger question is whether Boston wants him. I think you're crazy if you think a Boston team with Blake and 2 top 3 picks the next 2 years can't win a title down the road. I think they're a dynasty in the waiting if they get the Superstar they need. They clearly need a PF and Blake likes to move the ball so he won't hurt their team chemistry in theory. If Blake gets healthy he still has 5+ prime years. Big if, I know. Boston is clearly the best fit for Blake imo.

I wish it was only $35 million in year 5. A 5 year $200 million will be around $35 million in year 1. It will be around $45 million in year 5. That's what makes the Clippers situation even worse. It wouldn't surprise me to see The Clippers re-up their guys and then have the rest of the owners reject these ridiculous contracts and give their B level Superstars more realistic contracts.

I don't think that you can use S&T anymore to get the super max. There's no benefit to a player in making it a S&T anymore. What Blake gets in a S&T is no different than what he gets signing with another team outright.

MygirlhatesCod
05-02-2017, 05:23 PM
its a shame that the blazzers spent so much last year on garbage contracts. Griffin would be a great fit in that lineup!

Dade County
05-02-2017, 05:53 PM
I think the bigger question is whether Boston wants him. I think you're crazy if you think a Boston team with Blake and 2 top 3 picks the next 2 years can't win a title down the road. I think they're a dynasty in the waiting if they get the Superstar they need. They clearly need a PF and Blake likes to move the ball so he won't hurt their team chemistry in theory. If Blake gets healthy he still has 5+ prime years. Big if, I know. Boston is clearly the best fit for Blake imo.

Two top 3 picks?

The draft is a crap shoot... No one knoes if they are truly going to draft that right player.

Then you have to wait 2 to 3yrs in most cases. I just don't see Boston as a true contender, but it doesn't matter what i tjink, it's all up to Blake.

I'm just thinking he doesn't even consider them an option, but of course i could be very wrong. If Boston can get Hayward or PG, then i can be like, ok they can try to create a big 3...etc

I believe Hayward could sign with. Boston, but the league is trying to make that tough. I am sure the Jazz will win maybe 2 games against GS & one tough lose. To create the narrative that the Jazz are really close and an upcoming team to contend in the West. But honestly GS is so far above the Jazz that they should truly win 4-0.

Dade County
05-02-2017, 05:55 PM
its a shame that the blazzers spent so much last year on garbage contracts. Griffin would be a great fit in that lineup!

Do you think they reset & maybe trade Lillard & others? It was reported that they were shopping him around, this past trade deadline.

Cracka2HI!
05-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Two top 3 picks?

The draft is a crap shoot... No one knoes if they are truly going to draft that right player.

Then you have to wait 2 to 3yrs in most cases. I just don't see Boston as a true contender, but it doesn't matter what i tjink, it's all up to Blake.

I'm just thinking he doesn't even consider them an option, but of course i could be very wrong. If Boston can get Hayward or PG, then i can be like, ok they can try to create a big 3...etc

I believe Hayward could sign with. Boston, but the league is trying to make that tough. I am sure the Jazz will win maybe 2 games against GS & one tough lose. To create the narrative that the Jazz are really close and an upcoming team to contend in the West. But honestly GS is so far above the Jazz that they should truly win 4-0.

I mean if Boston isn't good enough than who can Blake go to?

Dade County
05-02-2017, 06:39 PM
I mean if Boston isn't good enough than who can Blake go to?

But they can be, if they make other moves, thats all i am saying. The way they are currently constructed to me, they are not real contenders; but that doesn't mean they are not good.

Cracka2HI!
05-02-2017, 07:16 PM
But they can be, if they make other moves, thats all i am saying. The way they are currently constructed to me, they are not real contenders; but that doesn't mean they are not good.

So do you think Cleveland and GSW are the only "real contenders"? Do you think those are the only teams Blake should go to? If Blake leaves the Clippers what would be a better situation for him than Boston? What "real contender" with cap space is out there for Blake?

Dade County
05-02-2017, 10:07 PM
So do you think Cleveland and GSW are the only "real contenders"? Do you think those are the only teams Blake should go to? If Blake leaves the Clippers what would be a better situation for him than Boston? What "real contender" with cap space is out there for Blake?

GS & Cavs... Spurs, if someone gets injuried.

Now we are getting into BIG what if's now lol

Raps: Small Ball

Trade/Do not re-sign Lowry (maybe can use him in a S&T if Cp3 leaves Clips)
Trade Jonas
Sign Blake if possible

3&D pg (Long/Tall) Maybe Livingston
DeRozan
Carroll
Blake
Ibaka

Spread the floor, DeRozan & Blake are responsible for the playmaking most of the time. Not going to get into the bench.

HEAT: Finish 30-11

Miami will have major cap flexibility when they depart from under Bosh* contract.

They can sale Blake on how they will be able to use him. By easily showing him James Johnson productivity and game tape.

Also he'll be playing alongside a center that can actually score. Miami can easily also trade Dragic, because his contract is very friendly.

Trade these players to try to get another all star level player in, either by free agency to clear cap space, or trade.

Dragic, Winslow, McRob (if he opps in), 1rd pick (select player for the team he will be traded too). Free up around 25mil... Bosh contract frees up around 24mil.

Target: Paul George, Hayward (free agency) or Lillard.

Boston:

They can make lots of moves, but will they? Lol

I think they have a strong chance at signing Hayward, if they can also flip their top 3 pick for Jimmy or PG they will do so immediately.

So near or on draft day, they will trade that pick for an all star player. Then the most logical next move would be to target Hayward in free agency, because of the connection he has with his ex coach.

Now, i don't see how they can even go after Blake at this point. I am guessing then, they would target a shot blocking big that can rebound. They desperately need that.

Cracka2HI!
05-02-2017, 11:16 PM
That's pretty funny. I knew you would say the heat. Boston >>> heat for Blake.

LA_Raiders
05-02-2017, 11:46 PM
They need to start by getting rid of rivers. He has accomplished **** with a big 3.

Vinylman
05-03-2017, 09:29 AM
They need to re-sign everyone (NO NTC's) and then trade ALL of them and start a proper rebuild

The last deadline is the greatest example of why the coach should not be making personnel decisions... any other GM in the league would have blown it up this past year and kept the one guy they wanted to move forward with... the risk now is that they all leave and they get nothing for them.

Dade County
05-03-2017, 10:02 AM
They need to re-sign everyone (NO NTC's) and then trade ALL of them and start a proper rebuild

The last deadline is the greatest example of why the coach should not be making personnel decisions... any other GM in the league would have blown it up this past year and kept the one guy they wanted to move forward with... the risk now is that they all leave and they get nothing for them.

They should have traded them this past season or last season.

So you mean to tell me, they are going to sale Cp3 & Blake on we will find away to make this team better; then turn around & trade them?

It is business lol but no, Cp3 & Blake will not fall for that.

Vinylman
05-03-2017, 10:08 AM
They should have traded them this past season or last season.

So you mean to tell me, they are going to sale Cp3 & Blake on we will find away to make this team better; then turn around & trade them?

It is business lol but no, Cp3 & Blake will not fall for that.

If they get max deals with opt outs after 2 or 3 I doubt they will complain

hugepatsfan
05-03-2017, 10:16 AM
BOS can sign a max deal if they renounce all their FAs and salary dump one of Rozier/Smart along with Demetrius Jackson's $650K partial guarantee. That's if they get the #1 pick. If they get the #4 pick then I think they just need to clear Jackson's partial guarantee. It depends on the final cap numbers and max percentage (the 30% isn't exact - it's actually a small percentage lower, i.e. Horford's "30%" max was actually 28.53%).

I expect BOS to make a huge push for Hayward. If they got him their lineup would be:

IT / Smart or Rozier
Bradley / one of Fultz, Josh Jackson, Tatum from the draft (not Ball)
Hayward / Jaylen Brown
Crowder / Yabusele (overseas 1st rounder from last year)
Horford / Zizic (overseas first rounder from last year)

Then they'll have the room exception an dprobably go for the best rim protector then can find. That will give them the option to take out Yabusele (who is a stretch 4) and alter the rotation to:

Horford / Crowder
Big Man Signing / Zizic

That's if they want to go big. It will depend on matchups.

If they can't get Hayward and instead try for Blake then just move Crowder to SF and go with a PF/C rotation of:

Blake / Yabu
Horford / Zizic (or FA big signing).

Here they might want more of a PF/C combo than a true big because with Blake you need to play Horford at C most of the time.

If they can't land one of those guys I'm curious what they do. Not sure Ainge wants to trade his picks. Think he's building more for the long haul and anything we win short-term is just gravy.

MygirlhatesCod
05-03-2017, 11:26 AM
Do you think they reset & maybe trade Lillard & others? It was reported that they were shopping him around, this past trade deadline.

I think they are gonna see how nurkic fits for a whole season before that. at least I would hope so.

mrblisterdundee
05-03-2017, 02:28 PM
I think they are gonna see how nurkic fits for a whole season before that. at least I would hope so.

Nurkic has definitely made Portland a better team, but I think it's still crystal clear that Lillard and McCollum should not start together, at the very least. If McCollum is willing to be Portland's sixth man, it could work. But I think the more solid move is trading McCollum while his value is high for a bigger wing or power forward.

FOXHOUND
05-03-2017, 02:56 PM

What if they offered Crabbe, Harkless, #15 and #20? Is that not enough for a Blake SnT or am I crazy?

Dade County
05-03-2017, 03:14 PM
BOS can sign a max deal if they renounce all their FAs and salary dump one of Rozier/Smart along with Demetrius Jackson's $650K partial guarantee. That's if they get the #1 pick. If they get the #4 pick then I think they just need to clear Jackson's partial guarantee. It depends on the final cap numbers and max percentage (the 30% isn't exact - it's actually a small percentage lower, i.e. Horford's "30%" max was actually 28.53%).

I expect BOS to make a huge push for Hayward. If they got him their lineup would be:

IT / Smart or Rozier
Bradley / one of Fultz, Josh Jackson, Tatum from the draft (not Ball)
Hayward / Jaylen Brown
Crowder / Yabusele (overseas 1st rounder from last year)
Horford / Zizic (overseas first rounder from last year)

Then they'll have the room exception an dprobably go for the best rim protector then can find. That will give them the option to take out Yabusele (who is a stretch 4) and alter the rotation to:

Horford / Crowder
Big Man Signing / Zizic

That's if they want to go big. It will depend on matchups.

If they can't get Hayward and instead try for Blake then just move Crowder to SF and go with a PF/C rotation of:

Blake / Yabu
Horford / Zizic (or FA big signing).

Here they might want more of a PF/C combo than a true big because with Blake you need to play Horford at C most of the time.

If they can't land one of those guys I'm curious what they do. Not sure Ainge wants to trade his picks. Think he's building more for the long haul and anything we win short-term is just gravy.

Nicely written...

But you don't think if they get a top 3 pick they would trade that for a proven All-Star player?

So in return they could attract another All-Star type of player in free agency?

What if they offered Crabbe, Harkless, #15 and #20? Is that not enough for a Blake SnT or am I crazy?

Blake would have to want to be in Portland.

FOXHOUND
05-03-2017, 03:21 PM

If he did want to leave, he can do worse than hooking up with Lillard, McCollum and Nurkic. They would have a lot of sorting out to do with the ball, and I would worry about Nurkic getting hissy if he wasn't allowed to be a dominant post guy anymore, but on pure talent that's a hell of a quartet.

MygirlhatesCod
05-03-2017, 03:31 PM
Nicely written...

But you don't think if they get a top 3 pick they would trade that for a proven All-Star player?

the lineup below gives blake a better chance of winning than staying in LA.
Dame
CJ
Turner
Blake
Nurkic

I honestly don't see why Boston would waste assets on blake. he hasn't played a full season in like 4 years. if boston didn't pull the trigger on butler then how would it make sense to go for blake?

mrblisterdundee
05-03-2017, 05:06 PM
If he did want to leave, he can do worse than hooking up with Lillard, McCollum and Nurkic. They would have a lot of sorting out to do with the ball, and I would worry about Nurkic getting hissy if he wasn't allowed to be a dominant post guy anymore, but on pure talent that's a hell of a quartet.

Blake is migrating more to the mid-range and perimeter, so there would still be plenty of room for Nurkic to play king bully in the post.
I like this trade. Portland isn't giving up too much on what could be a short-term rental.
I'd rather dump Turner's contract, but there's no reason for Los Angeles to take that, whereas they might like having a young shooting guard like Crabbe, who has promise but not a big-enough role. I like Harkless more than Aminu, but if that's what it takes to get Blake, I'm OK with trading him. The Clippers are barren as far as future prospects, so those picks should be pretty valuable to them.
Portland could go small or big, with Nurkic taking a seat and Blake playing center and Aminu power forward when they need to be faster. The big question for me is how good Blake can play defensively, and as always, his health.

WaDe03
05-03-2017, 07:37 PM
Sign and trade Blake to the Pacers for George, sign and trade Reddick to the Bulls for Wade, trade Crawford and Rivers for Melo

CP3
Wade
George
Melo
Jordan

Get creative with the bench with a nice blend of vets and give Bosh his shot at a return if he's cleared.

valade16
05-03-2017, 10:41 PM

As a Blazer fan I would be ecstatic, but there's no way that is enough to get it done. Crabbe and Harkless aren't really that great of assets because they are a combined $116 million in salary and #15 and #20 are nowhere near high enough to peak the Clippers interest.

valade16
05-03-2017, 10:42 PM
One things for sure, if CP3, Blake, and Reddick all leave this would be the most disastrous turn of events for DeAndre Jordan in light of his 25th hour change of heart. Being in Dallas with Harrison Barnes and Seth Curry is a way more attractive option than wallowing in LA sans CP3, Blake and Reddick.

da ThRONe
05-03-2017, 10:56 PM
It all starts with re-signing Paul and Griffin. Reddick has to go. He's not worth what he'll command. I'd target guys like Morrow, Meeks, or McElmore. If Rivers is still GM he has to hit it big on an unwanted player. They'll have to invest too much to keep both Paul and Griffin to be buyers of the top FA.

hugepatsfan
05-04-2017, 09:36 AM
Nicely written...

As far as free agency goes, this is their last chance. I did the math out and if they get #1 or #2 they need to salary dump Rozier or Smart to make room (if they get #3 or #4 they won't have to). But if they don't sign a max player this offseason they won't be able to next year because the cap holds for AB, Smart, Bradley will eat up all the cap room since they're FAs and cap holds are higher than their current salaries. They might be able to make it work if they renounce Bradley/Smart but then if you keep subtracting now your core isn't good enough that the FA signing pushes you over the top anymore.

The same type of logic applies to trades. Keep in mind that we, on paper, are pretty far off from GS/CLE caliber. There's a big gap between CLE and the rest of the NBA on paper (and then a big gap between them and what GS has on paper). It'd be great to add a Jimmy Butler/Paul George type to this roster but if in order to do so you have to subtract 3 good pieces you already have, then you start to eat into the margin that you're improving by and when there's so much ground to makeup that hurts.

Getting back to FA, I think they'll make a BIG push for Hayward because they can sign him into cap space and give up nothing other than salary dumping one of Rozier/Smart if hey get #1/#2. If they land Hayward and raft a guard with BRK's pick then one of those guys is getting pushed out of the rotation anyway. So they aren't really giving up anything off their rotation. It's 100% improvement off the current roster.

Now a trade is still in play because once they use the cap space to sign a FA they can still trade pieces. (And a trade in place can be part of the recruiting pitch - for cap reasons it needs to happen after the signing though.) This year's BRK pick and Bradley is enough salary to trade for Jimmy Butler or Paul George - if the pick goes #1 then is that enough for either team? Or instead of giving up Bradley they could give up Smart/Crowder/BRK pick for one of them. If they've already added a guy like Hayward in FA or have his signing contingent on working out a trade then now the talent core you're adding the trade acquisition to is greater so it makes more sense because now you might be talented enough where it makes a big picture difference in terms of competing to win it all.

And you also have to ask if a trade is actually better for you? If you already have guys like IT/Hayward/Horford who all initiate offense for themselves and others how much of an impact does a 4th guy make. Are you better off surrounding those guys with a deep roster of hounding defenders, spot up shooters and gritty rebounders? If you have to trade all your depth for a 4th star it might not be worth it since there's only one ball. Especially since the guys we're talking about being available aren't exactly top 5 players - more like top 15ish.

I'm kind of rambling here but I think a trade is possible if they can land a Hayward or even Blake Griffin type in FA. But if they can't I don't think they'll react by feeling like "now we HAVE to trade for a star to compensate." I think if they strike out in FA they'll take the long view. If they get a max FA I think they'll more seriously explore a trade but be cautious of giving up too much.

Chronz
05-04-2017, 10:17 AM
the lineup below gives blake a better chance of winning than staying in LA.
Dame
CJ
Turner
Blake
Nurkic

I honestly don't see why Boston would waste assets on blake. he hasn't played a full season in like 4 years. if boston didn't pull the trigger on butler then how would it make sense to go for blake?

Not buying it, The Clips WITHOUT Blake play at a higher level than the Blazers did all year. If we dont regress significantly, Portland would be a downgrade. Well, unless you expect me to believe the Blazers with Nurkic is entirely indicative of their true level of play but I have to see the guy not only stay healthy but sustain a strong level of play throughout.

Chronz
05-04-2017, 10:36 AM
One things for sure, if CP3, Blake, and Reddick all leave this would be the most disastrous turn of events for DeAndre Jordan in light of his 25th hour change of heart. Being in Dallas with Harrison Barnes and Seth Curry is a way more attractive option than wallowing in LA sans CP3, Blake and Reddick.

Pretty sure they would just trade him at that point unless he loved the idea of having his own team like Dallas sold him.

Chronz
05-04-2017, 10:39 AM
Clips are ****ed cuz once CP3 signs that deal the teams assets are pretty much frozen. We need a Middleton/Crowder type of contract to offset the huge money these guys are about to get.

goingfor28
05-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Paul and Griffin have already both verbally committed to re-signing with LAC so not sure what the point of this thread is.
Redick will likely be gone tho

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MygirlhatesCod
05-04-2017, 11:20 AM
Not buying it, The Clips WITHOUT Blake play at a higher level than the Blazers did all year. If we dont regress significantly, Portland would be a downgrade. Well, unless you expect me to believe the Blazers with Nurkic is entirely indicative of their true level of play but I have to see the guy not only stay healthy but sustain a strong level of play throughout.

yeah!

also offensively Portland's backcourt is way better. takes a lot of pressure off of blake. The logic that they play better without him so Portland would be a worse fit seems weird. Hey Blake, we are better when your out so....that means if you go to Portland you wont win more than staying!?!?

Chronz
05-04-2017, 12:03 PM
yeah!

also offensively Portland's backcourt is way better. takes a lot of pressure off of blake. The logic that they play better without him so Portland would be a worse fit seems weird. Hey Blake, we are better when your out so....that means if you go to Portland you wont win more than staying!?!?
The logic is that Blake can stay on the team that can sustain his departure because of their top end talent, thus taking the pressure off him more than a team that couldn't do the same.

Not buying the Blazers being that good tho, definitely not on Clips level if we simply bring the crew back. Still got the best player and we already know Blake loves DJ so Im not sold on Nurkic being a similar impact guy.

LA4life24/8
05-04-2017, 12:07 PM
Paul and Griffin have already both verbally committed to re-signing with LAC so not sure what the point of this thread is.
Redick will likely be gone tho

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

When? Not arguing just curious.

But also deandre jordan verbally committed to Dallas and see where he is now. Nothings for sure until they sign on the dotted line.

Won't be surprised if they make another run at it.

But they need to get rid of rivers. Its clear he cant take these guys any further than he has.

Id like to see em get melo but realistically idk if its gonna happen.

LA4life24/8
05-04-2017, 12:10 PM
Sign and trade Blake to the Pacers for George, sign and trade Reddick to the Bulls for Wade, trade Crawford and Rivers for Melo

CP3
Wade
George
Melo
Jordan

Get creative with the bench with a nice blend of vets and give Bosh his shot at a return if he's cleared.

I mentioned something similar but w the cavs lol

Kyrie for s&t cp3
Love for melo (maybe for pg13 but doubt he wants to be in brons shadow)
Wade signs vet minimum

Cp3
Wade
Bron
Melo or pg13 (doubtful) lol
Thompson

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 12:37 PM
I mentioned something similar but w the cavs lol

Kyrie for s&t cp3
Love for melo (maybe for pg13 but doubt he wants to be in brons shadow)
Wade signs vet minimum

Cp3
Wade
Bron
Melo or pg13 (doubtful) lol
Thompson

They'd be very good, I don't think Wade signs for the minimum though.

LA4life24/8
05-04-2017, 01:37 PM
They'd be very good, I don't think Wade signs for the minimum though.

Probably not. Hes already said he doesnt have to ring chase. But those 4 have openly stated howd theyd all love to be on the same team once before they retire.

From cp3 and melos point i totally get it. Could be a very good chance at a ring for em.

Wades got his rings and already sacrificed a lot of money over his career so prolly not gomna happen. But would be hella interesting to watch

Heediot
05-04-2017, 02:48 PM
Probably not. Hes already said he doesnt have to ring chase. But those 4 have openly stated howd theyd all love to be on the same team once before they retire.

From cp3 and melos point i totally get it. Could be a very good chance at a ring for em.

Wades got his rings and already sacrificed a lot of money over his career so prolly not gomna happen. But would be hella interesting to watch

These guys are not like Duncan and Gasol. They are guys that want to maximize their earnings and brand recognition. Maybe when they are 40 they will team up lol.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-04-2017, 04:48 PM
I thought luxury tax teams cant do sign and trades? Yeah Clippers are like $109.8M in 2018. Only need to shave a couple million to get under. So Pierce or Moute or somebody has to be in a salary dump trade. Luxury tax line I believe is like $108M next season.

Cracka2HI!
05-04-2017, 06:19 PM
I thought luxury tax teams cant do sign and trades? Yeah Clippers are like $109.8M in 2018. Only need to shave a couple million to get under. So Pierce or Moute or somebody has to be in a salary dump trade. Luxury tax line I believe is like $108M next season.

I don't think they can either but I'm starting to doubt it. Everything I hear seems to suggest they are fine to sign and trade at will and go as high over the tax as they want. I don't think it's right but it's hard for me to believe I know more about the CBA than everyone on TV and the radio. I haven't heard one "pro" bring this up. I think the cap is going to be closer to $100 million with the tax around $120 million.