PDA

View Full Version : EC Semifinals Series Thread: Celtics (1) vs Wizards (4) Celtics win 4-3

Pages : [1] 2 3

kdspurman
04-29-2017, 03:10 PM
http://cdn.blogosfere.it/sportusa/assets_c/2011/04/NBA%20Eastern%20Conference%20Logo-anteprima-112x112-297649.gif

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/219/thumbs/21956712016.gif VS. http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/213/thumbs/slhg02hbef3j1ov4lsnwyol5o.gif

All games in EST

Game 1: Sunday, Wizards at Celtics, 1 p.m., ABC

Game 2: Tuesday, Wizards at Celtics, 8 p.m., TNT

Game 3: Thursday, Celtics at Wizards, 8 p.m., ESPN

Game 4: May 7, Celtics at Wizards, 6:30 p.m., TNT

Game 5:* May 10, Wizards at Celtics, TBD, TNT

Game 6:* May 12, Celtics at Wizards, TBD, ESPN

Game 7:* May 15, Wizards at Celtics, 8 p.m., TNT

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/219/thumbs/ebu8oyvdueqkcngdr1ygs6znp.gif

C: Marcin Gortat
PF: Markieff Morris
SF: Otto Porter
SG: Bradley Beal
PG: John Wallo

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/213/thumbs/21376071977.gif

C: Al Horford
PF: Amir Johnson
SF: Jae Crowder
SG: Avery Bradley
PG: Isaiah Thomas

Verizon Center, Washington D.C.

http://i66.tinypic.com/161jntg.jpg

TD Garden, Boston

http://i63.tinypic.com/2h2dxnd.jpg

Tg11
04-29-2017, 04:19 PM
Since I am a die hard Celtics fan I will say that this series is a series that I want a series that I am chomping at the bit to see and why? Given the rivalry our teams have but also the fact that our teams well for the most part are so evenly matched I say that this series goes 7 games but as for who wins? I say Boston wins in 7

ewing
04-29-2017, 04:37 PM
Wizard in 6 though I kind think it is a toss up. I wonder if Wash will try to post up Wall after seeing how successful rondo was doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tg11
04-29-2017, 04:41 PM
Key match up will be battle of the point guards that being Wall vs IT that is a given and not to mention defensively our teams are pretty evenly matched as far as defensive rebounding and what not

WaDe03
04-29-2017, 09:34 PM
Wall will **** all over IT, unfortunately IT won't be guarding him. That would be hilarious to watch.

aman_13
04-29-2017, 10:45 PM
This will be a great series. Beal needs to be better in this series for the Wizards to win. I think this one goes 6 or 7. I like the Wizards but I agree, it's a toss up.

lol, please
04-29-2017, 11:52 PM
I really wanted to be the hype man for my main man John Walls Era when this day game, had planned to for years, but I haven't seen my dude John Walls Era around here for many moons, so I'm going to root for the Bird-less Celtics.

That said, I may not even watch, as my interest level in the Wizards aside from Wall is :sleep:

FlashBolt
04-30-2017, 02:07 AM
I like the Celtics here. I think they match up very well.

LOb0
04-30-2017, 02:57 AM
This is so close. Its gonna come down to who plays better IT or Wall.

FlashBolt
04-30-2017, 03:02 AM
This is so close. Its gonna come down to who plays better IT or Wall.

IT's a better scorer but I think Wall is better at everything else. Defense, rebounding, assists, and even decision making. The reason I chose Boston is because I think Avery will guard Wall better than Wall can guard IT. Beal can't guard anyone these days. Setup a pick-and-roll and use multiple screens and the dude doesn't bother chasing you. Al Horford+Thomas need to exploit that.

LOb0
04-30-2017, 03:23 AM
IT's a better scorer but I think Wall is better at everything else. Defense, rebounding, assists, and even decision making. The reason I chose Boston is because I think Avery will guard Wall better than Wall can guard IT. Beal can't guard anyone these days. Setup a pick-and-roll and use multiple screens and the dude doesn't bother chasing you. Al Horford+Thomas need to exploit that.

Agree. Avery is huge in this series. That contact was laughed at when it was signed. Turned out to be worth it actually. Home court is huge in this series as well.

KnicksorBust
04-30-2017, 07:28 AM

Agree. Avery is huge in this series. That contact was laughed at when it was signed. Turned out to be worth it actually. Home court is huge in this series as well.

Doea IT hide on Porter? Can Porter body him in the post?

This series is why the East is better this year. I honestly could see either team winning and believe both teams could make the Finals.

Tg11
04-30-2017, 10:59 AM
Celtics I can see us winning either in 7 or in 6 but either way I can see the Wizards pushing us to the limit

j-bay
04-30-2017, 01:19 PM
Celtics need to make some big changes

Green_Monster
04-30-2017, 01:22 PM
Amir Johnson can't rebound. Might as well go with speed/athleticism in Gerald Green like they did in games 3-6 vs the Bulls. Not sure why Stevens switched back to Johnson.

KnicksorBust
04-30-2017, 01:45 PM
Awesome run by the Cs.

Toxeryll
04-30-2017, 02:15 PM
If Wall can get the calls Thomas is getting in this game, he would be unstoppable.

PAOboston
04-30-2017, 02:24 PM
Washington played about as well of a half as they could have hoped for. Only up 5 and blew a 16 pt lead. Their bench is a huge problem for them.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

ewing
04-30-2017, 03:10 PM
If Wall can get the calls Thomas is getting in this game, he would be unstoppable.

Jeez

ewing
04-30-2017, 03:12 PM
Celts are going to in the bonus in a min.

ewing
04-30-2017, 03:13 PM
Celtic got get that pace back up

ewing
04-30-2017, 03:15 PM
there is very little you can do going over screen and contesting jump shooters anymore

ewing
04-30-2017, 03:21 PM
Celtics shooting the **** out of the ball today

Forever35
04-30-2017, 03:26 PM
Celtics shooting the **** out of the ball today

So are the Wiz... 50% and 45%...

ewing
04-30-2017, 03:31 PM
So are the Wiz... 50% and 45%...

the Celtics have 19 threes, that what i mean by shooting. the Wiz got a lot in the paint. The Celtic shot the crap out of the ball.

PAOboston
04-30-2017, 03:38 PM
the Celtics have 19 threes, that what i mean by shooting. the Wiz got a lot in the paint. The Celtic shot the crap out of the ball.
They were due for one of these games. Didn't really have great shooting vs the Bulls until last game really.

Just means next game they won't hit anything lol.

Bad loss for Washington though. Outside of the 16-0, they got thoroughly destroyed by Boston. Their bench is bad and so is their defense.

ewing
04-30-2017, 04:02 PM
They were due for one of these games. Didn't really have great shooting vs the Bulls until last game really.

Just means next game they won't hit anything lol.

Bad loss for Washington though. Outside of the 16-0, they got thoroughly destroyed by Boston. Their bench is bad and so is their defense.

The first quarter reminded me a lot of the first couple games against the Bulls. The Celtics were getting hammered on the offensive glass and Wash was just killing them in the paint. When the shots starting fall and pace picked up the Wiz were neutralized but i would be concerned. Defensive rebounding and rim protection are big issues

PAOboston
04-30-2017, 04:08 PM
The first quarter reminded me a lot of the first couple games against the Bulls. The Celtics were getting hammered on the offensive glass and Wash was just killing them in the paint. When the shots starting fall and pace picked up the Wiz were neutralized but i would be concerned. Defensive rebounding and rim protection are big issues
Always issue with the C's but we already knew that. Washington isn't a great rebounding team either though. Gortat was a total non factor in the second half when Stevens adjusted the lineup. Rebounds were 38-38 which is good news for Cs.

zn23
04-30-2017, 04:18 PM
IT has that dog in him.

John Wall continues to fall apart in the 2nd round...

Toxeryll
04-30-2017, 04:30 PM
Jeez

I posted that during the first half. I thought calls favored WSH in the second half but it didnt matter.

ewing
04-30-2017, 06:55 PM
Always issue with the C's but we already knew that. Washington isn't a great rebounding team either though. Gortat was a total non factor in the second half when Stevens adjusted the lineup. Rebounds were 38-38 which is good news for Cs.

I'll admit it I was one that thought Al could be a better rim protector

WaDe03
04-30-2017, 10:11 PM
The injuries keep saving the day for the Celtics.

At this rate LeBron will get injured in the ECF, Wall will get injured to join Morris, and Curry KD and Klay will get injured in the finals.

kobe4thewinbang
05-01-2017, 12:43 AM
Caught most of the second half before work. WHERE WAS THE DEFENSE, WASHINGTON?!

Just letting Isaiah Thomas get a screen and shoot, or just spot up for 3 after a pair of dribbles, dudes just looking lazy. Simple pick and roll, people! And not even quick pick and roll at that! Gortat also killed any ball movement for the Wizards. I understand he can play well at times, but freakin' Bogdanovic was wide open and Oubre as well, and the dude still trying to post up and air-ball hooks down low.

John Wall's defense was pretty bad too, although he made some nice shots on offense and drives.

Coach Brooks should've tore into them at halftime, letting a 16-0 lead go to waste and then later just playing like crap. Celtics weren't even playing that well, they were just getting steals (Bradley) and then actually playing basketball by finding the open man, which was easy since the Wizards D was atrocious, leaving dudes like Crowder and even Bradley open on the break, not rebounding either.

Stephen A. Smith needs to call them out again tomorrow on First Take. It seemed to work, lol, cuz they won two straight versus the Hawks after that, including 42 by Wall which was awesome, but who the heck was in those jerseys today?

:confused: :down::shrug::punish:

Heck, the Cavs would have a field day with the Wizards if they play that kind of defense. I'm actually going with Boston at this point.

kobe4thewinbang
05-01-2017, 12:47 AM
One stat that jumped out to me while watching: 28 three-point attempts by the Celtics. THE CELTICS. Wizards gotta do something about that. They just weren't even trying out there, no hustle on defense. Horrible rotations.

tredigs
05-01-2017, 12:54 AM
One stat that jumped out to me while watching: 28 three-point attempts by the Celtics. THE CELTICS. Wizards gotta do something about that. They just weren't even trying out there, no hustle on defense. Horrible rotations.

Is that what they actually shot? Do you watch the NBA - you're shocked by the Celtics shooting 28 threes? That's incredibly low for them if so.

Edit: OK so they went 19 for 39 from 3 (equivalent to 70%+ from 2) so I have no clue what you're going on about.

More-Than-Most
05-01-2017, 12:54 AM
IT played an amazing game

The coach lost them this game... Why? The announcer said it best in the 4th.... The guy IT was defending all game was stationary in one spot waiting to shoot... There was no adjustments to make IT defend and waste energy.

kobe4thewinbang
05-01-2017, 01:01 AM
Is that what they actually shot? Do you watch the NBA - you're shocked by the Celtics shooting 28 threes? That's incredibly low for them if so.Ah, apparently they shoot more 3's nowadays. You still can't let them shooting that many freaking 3's. Average is 33, which is probably what they wound up with. Tough looks maybe, shot clock forced ones, sure, but not the easy ones they got in this game. They didn't even have to earn them. Simple pick, Thomas fires, no defense there to counter the pick. I see it coming from a mile away. Surely these guys communicate out there. Nobody on the Wizards slipping the coming pick, no switch defensively, no nothing. Dudes not even trying to contest 3's on the break when they have the numbers advantage, not even trying to rotate. It's like they were in slow motion.

kobe4thewinbang
05-01-2017, 01:03 AM
Is that what they actually shot? Do you watch the NBA - you're shocked by the Celtics shooting 28 threes? That's incredibly low for them if so.

Edit: OK so they went 19 for 39 from 3 (equivalent to 70%+ from 2) so I have no clue what you're going on about.Yeah they shot better than average by far. Again, cuz Washington made it far easier.

kobe4thewinbang
05-01-2017, 01:06 AM
And then you have the Wizards trying the same P&R for Dummies, and the Celtics either let them get it and are ready to respond by the rim or for kick-out passes, or the Celtics let them get it and the ball-handler is even further from the rim, like a failed run in football. We're not talking elite P&R here by the Celtics. Wizards were just trash in this game.

tredigs
05-01-2017, 01:11 AM
Ah, apparently they shoot more 3's nowadays. You still can't let them shooting that many freaking 3's. Average is 33, which is probably what they wound up with. Tough looks maybe, shot clock forced ones, sure, but not the easy ones they got in this game. They didn't even have to earn them. Simple pick, Thomas fires, no defense there to counter the pick. I see it coming from a mile away. Surely these guys communicate out there. Nobody on the Wizards slipping the coming pick, no switch defensively, no nothing. Dudes not even trying to contest 3's on the break when they have the numbers advantage, not even trying to rotate. It's like they were in slow motion.

Celtics are chuckers. They lead all playoff teams with 37 attempts a game. And only behind Houston and Cleveland in the reg season at 34 a game.

Fun fact by the way (looking at your Barkley). Cavs shoot more 3's than the Warriors. Reg season, post season, whatever you want.

LOb0
05-01-2017, 01:35 AM
Celtics are chuckers. They lead all playoff teams with 37 attempts a game. And only behind Houston and Cleveland in the reg season at 34 a game.

Fun fact by the way (looking at your Barkley). Cavs shoot more 3's than the Warriors. Reg season, post season, whatever you want.

They shoot more 3s but you know that it comes down to LeBron driving when its all said and done.

Oakmont_4
05-01-2017, 06:42 AM

At this rate LeBron will get injured in the ECF, Wall will get injured to join Morris, and Curry KD and Klay will get injured in the finals.

Soooo Salty.

Oakmont_4
05-01-2017, 06:48 AM
The Celtics ball movement has been incredible on this 5 game win streak. It's what's allowing them to shoot an incredible amount of 3's...they're not bad shots due to the ball movement. Even when they're cold and missing, the ball movement has opened up easy cuts and open J's all game long. They're just playing very well at the moment. Getting contributions from everyone in the starting 5 + Smart. Defense has been outstanding. If this team can D and move the ball like they have been, they'll roll through this series.

ewing
05-01-2017, 08:32 AM

I think Wash also really collapsed on IT when he got in the paint. We'll see if they stick with the that, if so expect the Celtics to be shooting even more bombs then usual

hugepatsfan
05-01-2017, 10:00 AM
The Celtics shoot a ton of 3s but they have a great offensive system and good ball movement that produces good looks. The 3s they take are good shots generally so I don't mind them taking so many. Smart chucks them up sometimes in traffic and IT does a heat check when he gets going but other than that they take good 3s IMO.

FlashBolt
05-01-2017, 11:42 AM
IT played an amazing game

The coach lost them this game... Why? The announcer said it best in the 4th.... The guy IT was defending all game was stationary in one spot waiting to shoot... There was no adjustments to make IT defend and waste energy.

That's because the guy IT was defending CAN'T do anything but shoot. matchups matter and Boston just hid IT on him all game. And they did nothing to counter that.

WaDe03
05-01-2017, 12:09 PM
That's because the guy IT was defending CAN'T do anything but shoot. matchups matter and Boston just hid IT on him all game. And they did nothing to counter that.

When they got the switch on IT they ****ed it up too. They're putting too much thought in to it and the double team is coming fast. Just attack that midget off the dribble or get him with a quick post move.

MJNetsIsles
05-01-2017, 01:31 PM
When they got the switch on IT they ****ed it up too. They're putting too much thought in to it and the double team is coming fast. Just attack that midget off the dribble or get him with a quick post move.

I'm happy the Bulls lost.

Can't wait to see what team you bandwagon next if Wade walks.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Was in Philly for the NFL draft events so I'm late on this one.

I'm taking BOS in 6. I think they match up pretty well with WAS and Wall is gonna have a nasty defender on him every single play. Wall is gonna fly out of control trying to beat his strong defenders, gonna have a lot of turnovers and tire himself out. WAS is not nearly as good at rebounding as the Bulls were either.

I wouldn't be opposed to taking BOS in 5 either especially with the Morris injury.

FlashBolt
05-01-2017, 02:49 PM
Was in Philly for the NFL draft events so I'm late on this one.

I'm taking BOS in 6. I think they match up pretty well with WAS and Wall is gonna have a nasty defender on him every single play. Wall is gonna fly out of control trying to beat his strong defenders, gonna have a lot of turnovers and tire himself out. WAS is not nearly as good at rebounding as the Bulls were either.

I wouldn't be opposed to taking BOS in 5 either especially with the Morris injury.

Crazy how much Rondo changed the playoffs. With him, I think Bulls win and they meet the Wizards. I think Bulls lose that one so Wizards meets Cavs ECF. It'll probably be Boston vs Cavs and in that case, I can see Boston getting swept.

tredigs
05-01-2017, 02:53 PM
The Wizards can't afford any injury what so ever, so if Morris has to play limited minutes or is hobbled, they're toast. It's a winnable series for them if he's good to go, the Celtics are no world beaters here.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2017, 03:45 PM
Crazy how much Rondo changed the playoffs. With him, I think Bulls win and they meet the Wizards. I think Bulls lose that one so Wizards meets Cavs ECF. It'll probably be Boston vs Cavs and in that case, I can see Boston getting swept.

Yup, that's how I feel.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Celts in 5.

WaDe03
05-01-2017, 06:32 PM
I'm happy the Bulls lost.

Can't wait to see what team you bandwagon next if Wade walks.

You're a Nets fan, your input is irrelevant on anything.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-01-2017, 06:36 PM
You're a Nets fan, your input is irrelevant on anything.

lmaoooo

PAOboston
05-01-2017, 08:48 PM
Yup, that's how I feel.
The reality is that any team that plays the Cavs probably gets swept.

Lil Rhody
05-02-2017, 09:03 AM

Save some of that salt for Friday cause it's cinco de mayo and I'm gonna need a margarita

Tg11
05-02-2017, 09:07 AM
Celtics if we can win Game 2 tonight on our home floor...if we can do that then we can definitely win this series for sure but that Morris injury kind of did the Wizards in

WaDe03
05-02-2017, 09:50 AM
Save some of that salt for Friday cause it's cinco de mayo and I'm gonna need a margarita

I'll keep enough to get you 2.

WaDe03
05-02-2017, 09:50 AM
Celtics if we can win Game 2 tonight on our home floor...if we can do that then we can definitely win this series for sure but that Morris injury kind of did the Wizards in

Sounds familiar......

Green_Monster
05-02-2017, 10:24 AM
Sounds familiar......

The Rondo injury didn't do the Bulls in. Them having a poorly put together team did. They got killed in the last four games as a whole. Rondo wasn't changing that.

Wade shot 37% in the series. I think that's your problem. The player you obsess over isn't that good anymore.

FlashBolt
05-02-2017, 10:43 AM
The Rondo injury didn't do the Bulls in. Them having a poorly put together team did. They got killed in the last four games as a whole. Rondo wasn't changing that.

Wade shot 37% in the series. I think that's your problem. The player you obsess over isn't that good anymore.

So it wasn't a coincidence that as soon as Rondo got injured, Bulls turned to dummies? Rondo got the ball moving and players were more open because Rondo was a magician with the ball. It definitely did have a large part in why they lost. Denying that is laughable considering they were up 2-0 with big margins with him and 0-4 without him.

WaDe03
05-02-2017, 11:07 AM

Put a solid core around Wade and you see a much different series. Can't do much surrounded by the guys he was surrounded by. Look as far back as last year when he played next to guys the defense had to respect.

The player I "obsess" over has done more in the last 14 years than the Celtics have done in the last 30+ years.

WaDe03
05-02-2017, 11:08 AM
So it wasn't a coincidence that as soon as Rondo got injured, Bulls turned to dummies? Rondo got the ball moving and players were more open because Rondo was a magician with the ball. It definitely did have a large part in why they lost. Denying that is laughable considering they were up 2-0 with big margins with him and 0-4 without him.

If Rondo doesn't get injured they're up 3-1 at worst after game 4.

hugepatsfan
05-02-2017, 11:23 AM

They crushed us in game 2 but game 1 was very close and came down to the final couple of minutes and ended up a 4 point game. Not a very big margin there at all. Game 2 BOS got ran out the gym. A total clunker. No real denying that there. In that game Rondo went 12/7/6 on 6/15 shooting (40%). CHI got outscored by 7 with him on the court (that was tied with Lopez for worst on the team). All of CHI's starters had a negative +/-. The difference in the game was that their bench absolutely crushed us.

In Game 2 Rondo was phenonomial but so was the whole CHI team. BOS was terrible up and down the lineup. It was just a total clunker.

And then they absolutely dominated the Bulls in the following 4 games by an average score of 105 to 90. Average margin of 15. Even if you want to throw out game 6 where CHI laid down BOS still won the first 3 by an average of 105 to 93 so it didn't even really make much of a difference.

Really going by the numbers I think Rondo's impact is overstated. In CHI's 1st win he wasn't really that good. In game 2 he and the whole Bulls team just dominated us. It wasn't just a one player thing. In games 3-6 it hurt having him off the floor because their backups aren't good but again, the Rondo effect is grossly overstated. It's just a convenient excuse because the way things timed up. I think it made more of a momentum swing for CHI than a tangible on court impact.

Lil Rhody
05-02-2017, 12:05 PM

I'll keep enough to get you 2.

I don't mind your point it definitely holds water but does this mean the heat only beat the Celtics cause wade and rondo got caught up and rondo ended up missing the rest of the series.

Just wanna know of it goes both ways

WaDe03
05-02-2017, 12:07 PM
I don't mind your point it definitely holds water but does this mean the heat only beat the Celtics cause wade and rondo got caught up and rondo ended up missing the rest of the series.

Just wanna know of it goes both ways

We're the Celtics up 2-0 after stealing 2 in Miami? Boston was lifeless until Rondo went out.

Oakmont_4
05-02-2017, 12:12 PM

It certainly didn't help, but this notion that the Bulls would have absolutely won had he not been hurt is pretty ridiculous. Look at HPF's break down on the numbers. He stated it perfectly.

Outside of that you guys are using a TWO game sample size to project a 7 game playoff series. One in which the only games Boston has lost were directly in the wake of their best players sisters tragic death. Clearly Boston was affected by that greatly. But even more, you're throwing out an entire seasons worth of games where Rondo was very "meh". He had moments where he was great and others where he was bad throughout the season. That's classic Rondo. To throw out the entire season, in which that team struggled with and without Rondo and ended with a .500 record, in favor of 2 playoff performances is completely absurd.

The fact is, this Bulls team simply wasn't that good. With or without Rondo. Yes they're slightly better with Rondo, I'm not denying that, but let's not act like a.500 team is some sort of world beater who lost because their PG got hurt. That's insane.

Boston fans try to pull the same card in the Celtics Lakers finals when Perk got hurt. Fans have stated that we lost that game and the next all because of Perkins injury. That's a bunch of Bull. We lost the finals because the Lakers beat us. It's that simple. There's no way we can project the Celtics winning that series because of an average player like Kendrick Perkins being available for a game and a quarter. Just as it's equally ridiculous to put the Bulls series loss on not having Rondo.

The Celtics were a better team through and through and that's why they won the series. The Bulls bench is atrocious and your best 2 players didn't/couldn't carry the team like they needed to. It's that simple.

FlashBolt
05-02-2017, 12:15 PM
It certainly didn't help, but this notion that the Bulls would have absolutely won had he not been hurt is pretty ridiculous. Look at HPF's break down on the numbers. He stated it perfectly.

Outside of that you guys are using a TWO game sample size to project a 7 game playoff series. One in which the only games Boston has lost were directly in the wake of their best players sisters tragic death. Clearly Boston was affected by that greatly. But even more, you're throwing out an entire seasons worth of games where Rondo was very "meh". He had moments where he was great and others where he was bad throughout the season. That's classic Rondo. To throw out the entire season, in which that team struggled with and without Rondo and ended with a .500 record, in favor of 2 playoff performances is completely absurd.

The fact is, this Bulls team simply wasn't that good. With or without Rondo. Yes they're slightly better with Rondo, I'm not denying that, but let's not act like a.500 team is some sort of world beater who lost because their PG got hurt. That's insane.

Boston fans try to pull the same card in the Celtics Lakers finals when Perk got hurt. Fans have stated that we lost that game and the next all because of Perkins injury. That's a bunch of Bull. We lost the finals because the Lakers beat us. It's that simple. There's no way we can project the Celtics winning that series because of an average player like Kendrick Perkins being available for a game and a quarter. Just as it's equally ridiculous to put the Bulls series loss on not having Rondo.

The Celtics were a better team through and through and that's why they won the series. The Bulls bench is atrocious and your best 2 players didn't/couldn't carry the team like they needed to. It's that simple.

No one said they would have absolutely won but to say Rondo wouldn't have had a huge impact is what you're trying to imply. Celtics only outplayed the Bulls because Bulls couldn't get any offense going. They had no one to handle the ball and get easy shots. 2/7 but yeah, what happened to the first two games AT Boston? You guys got blown out.

WaDe03
05-02-2017, 12:19 PM

So was the death harder on the rest of the team than Isaiah? He played up to his numbers to that doesn't make any sense to me.

hugepatsfan
05-02-2017, 12:48 PM
No one said they would have absolutely won but to say Rondo wouldn't have had a huge impact is what you're trying to imply. Celtics only outplayed the Bulls because Bulls couldn't get any offense going. They had no one to handle the ball and get easy shots. 2/7 but yeah, what happened to the first two games AT Boston? You guys got blown out.

They didn't get blown out in game 1 though. They lost a very tightly contested game. Then they laid a clunker. Then CHI laid 4 clunkers in a row. Did Rondo being out play a part in those CHI clunkers? I'm sure it did. But again, with Rondo in game 1 they barely edged out BOS and only did so because their bench (full of not very good players) balled out of their ****ing minds for one game. In Game 2 BOS just played like ****. Rondo and the whole CHI team ran train on us. When a whole team lays an egg like that I tend to just chalk it up as a bad day. CHI I don't think would have played so poorly in games 3-6 with Rondo in there but I'm sure they would have had a clunker in there because that happens with non-elite teams. And as we saw in game 1 even with Rondo in there if BOS wasn't playing like **** they needed superhuman contributions from guys like Bobby Portis to beat. Full strength BOS and full strength CHI is just a mismatch in favor of BOS which is why one team was an 8 seed and one was a 1 seed.

Now games aren't played on paper - momentum is real. So while BOS just lost a tight one in game 1 and then played like **** in game 2 doesn't mean they weren't still better team than CHI it totally changed momentum. Rondo getting hurt kind of re-set that because it changed CHI's mindset. So that's impossible to quantify. It clearly made an impact but basketball wise people really overstate the impact because he had an awesome game 2 in a game where only team showed up to play. The proof is literally on the stat sheet from game 1 and the whole regular season that he isn't that much of a tangible impact on the court. He was awesome in game 2 but BOS really just played a bad game which happens at times. I don't know how else to say it.

LOb0
05-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Put a solid core around Wade and you see a much different series. Can't do much surrounded by the guys he was surrounded by. Look as far back as last year when he played next to guys the defense had to respect.

The player I "obsess" over has done more in the last 14 years than the Celtics have done in the last 30+ years.

Win a ring and get carried by Bron for 2 more?

WaDe03
05-02-2017, 04:38 PM
Win a ring and get carried by Bron for 2 more?

Win 3 rings, being a huge part of all of them. Don't let the hate blind you, he was huge in every ring he's won and the point stands.

FlashBolt
05-02-2017, 05:04 PM
They didn't get blown out in game 1 though. They lost a very tightly contested game. Then they laid a clunker. Then CHI laid 4 clunkers in a row. Did Rondo being out play a part in those CHI clunkers? I'm sure it did. But again, with Rondo in game 1 they barely edged out BOS and only did so because their bench (full of not very good players) balled out of their ****ing minds for one game. In Game 2 BOS just played like ****. Rondo and the whole CHI team ran train on us. When a whole team lays an egg like that I tend to just chalk it up as a bad day. CHI I don't think would have played so poorly in games 3-6 with Rondo in there but I'm sure they would have had a clunker in there because that happens with non-elite teams. And as we saw in game 1 even with Rondo in there if BOS wasn't playing like **** they needed superhuman contributions from guys like Bobby Portis to beat. Full strength BOS and full strength CHI is just a mismatch in favor of BOS which is why one team was an 8 seed and one was a 1 seed.

Now games aren't played on paper - momentum is real. So while BOS just lost a tight one in game 1 and then played like **** in game 2 doesn't mean they weren't still better team than CHI it totally changed momentum. Rondo getting hurt kind of re-set that because it changed CHI's mindset. So that's impossible to quantify. It clearly made an impact but basketball wise people really overstate the impact because he had an awesome game 2 in a game where only team showed up to play. The proof is literally on the stat sheet from game 1 and the whole regular season that he isn't that much of a tangible impact on the court. He was awesome in game 2 but BOS really just played a bad game which happens at times. I don't know how else to say it.

My point is simple and you can say or interpret it how you want. With Rondo, Bulls had a legitimate chance and were up 2-0. Without Rondo, they lost four straight by overwhelming margins. slice, dice, and toss it all you want but Rondo had a difference in the game. Maybe enough to have won it all.

Green_Monster
05-02-2017, 07:37 PM

Denying the difference in the Celtics play from games 1-2 and 3-6 is laughable. Did Rondo make every player on the team play super sloppy and miss layups? No lol. If you weren't able to watch the Celtics in the regular season your ignorance is understandable. Rondo wasn't the reason they were trash the first two games and then playing like normal games 3-6.

He's not that good anymore. Sorry.

EAGLES3658
05-02-2017, 08:11 PM
I think if it came down to just the starters then the Wizards would take the series, however the Wizards bench is horrible. Once the bench comes in that is when Boston takes over.

Green_Monster
05-02-2017, 08:12 PM
Amir Johnson is bad at basketball.

Lil Rhody
05-02-2017, 08:22 PM
Oh Kelly

PAOboston
05-02-2017, 08:30 PM
9 turnovers for the C's in a little under 10 minutes and no defense so far. It's like they enjoy starting off crappy every game.

EAGLES3658
05-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Right on time. Wizards bench comes in, momentum turns.

Vee-Rex
05-02-2017, 08:53 PM
Rondo wasn't the reason they were trash the first two games and then playing like normal games 3-6.

From what I saw, the Celtics improved after games 1 and 2 but it wasn't impressive by any means. It's not like they flipped a switch and became the best team in the league or something. If that's their normal then it isn't a stretch to say that Rondo's impact for the Bulls could've given them just enough to win the series after being spotted a 2-0 lead. They'd only have to win 1 out of the next 4 games to take it to 7.

PAOboston
05-02-2017, 09:17 PM
C's get down early by a lot in the first. Cs come roaring back in the 2nd. I'm sensing a theme here.

Overall, entertaining first half. Points for everyone!

ewing
05-02-2017, 09:33 PM
I like Anthony and Eagle

WaDe03
05-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Wall will probably finish as the 2nd best shot blocking guard ever behind Wade, his shot blocking is the closest thing I've seen to Wades. It's impressive.

j-bay
05-02-2017, 09:43 PM
This is a great series and they only have played 2 games.

ewing
05-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Wall will probably finish as the 2nd best shot blocking guard ever behind Wade, his shot blocking is the closest thing I've seen to Wades. It's impressive.

if we conversed about literature, would it come back to Wade?

WaDe03
05-02-2017, 09:49 PM

It would come back to you only trolling or Wade being better than any Knick to ever play.

WaDe03
05-02-2017, 09:53 PM
Wall is the 3rd best PG in the league.

tredigs
05-02-2017, 10:11 PM
I feel bad for the Wizards starters.

WaDe03
05-02-2017, 10:14 PM
The Wizards bench is almost as bad as the Bulls.

tredigs
05-02-2017, 10:26 PM
This is one of the best EC games to date.

ewing
05-02-2017, 10:29 PM
great response by the Wiz. Awesome D and great execution

ewing
05-02-2017, 10:31 PM
Does Bradly ever make the floater?

ewing
05-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Great decision by Thomas

Green_Monster
05-02-2017, 10:34 PM

He never shoots them. This is easily the most he's shot in a game this season.

tredigs
05-02-2017, 10:35 PM
Just a ****ing Rock Star show from IT and Wall. Hats off whatever happens here. But the Wizards better hope they pull this out after having another big 2nd half lead. Can't blow both of these.

ewing
05-02-2017, 10:36 PM
tough call on Smart

Toxeryll
05-02-2017, 10:40 PM
awesome game! this is a pretty good matchup

WaDe03
05-02-2017, 10:41 PM
Lmao at that call

tredigs
05-02-2017, 10:44 PM
Lmao at that call

For IT against Gortat? Blatantly hit him on the arm going up if that's the one you mean.

This game is sick.

WaDe03
05-02-2017, 10:45 PM
Beal with the choke! How do you air ball that lol?

WaDe03
05-02-2017, 10:46 PM
For IT against Gortat? Blatantly hit him on the arm going up if that's the one you mean.

This game is sick.

The one before that on Gortat.

tredigs
05-02-2017, 10:46 PM
Lol well now they're just getting in the way of the Warriors start, so **** this game.

ewing
05-02-2017, 10:47 PM
What a game. Boston got a little lucky on that last possession. did love the D and they didn't secure but they got a stop

ewing
05-02-2017, 10:49 PM
Just a ****ing Rock Star show from IT and Wall. Hats off whatever happens here. But the Wizards better hope they pull this out after having another big 2nd half lead. Can't blow both of these.

absolutely. I love watching IT but Wall been equally fantastic

Crackadalic
05-02-2017, 10:53 PM
What a game and series. I don't think people still don't give enough credit for what IT does for this team

Green_Monster
05-02-2017, 10:57 PM
Wow!

tredigs
05-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Game: IT. That was a hell of a grit performance to come back from behind again.

j-bay
05-02-2017, 11:01 PM
Great job by the Celtics. John needs to quit holding the ball so long. Takes about 15-20 seconds too long

Toxeryll
05-02-2017, 11:03 PM
Wall was clearly exhausted at the end. He settled for lots of jumphots down the stretch.

Great game by IT.

kdspurman
05-02-2017, 11:03 PM
Game: IT. That was a hell of a grit performance to come back from behind again.

Man... helluva game down the stretch. He was good before that, but put em on his back again.

ewing
05-02-2017, 11:04 PM
we're not worthy

ewing
05-02-2017, 11:08 PM
Man... helluva game down the stretch. He was good before that, but put em on his back again.

he was unreal. Dude has been impressive. He is a hell of a scorer and was unstoppable tonight but he really knows how to pick his spots too. I'm impressed by his patience. You give a scorer that kind of green light and the ball that much a lot of the times they will dominate it too much. He's a not a traditional PG but he's one.

Green_Monster
05-02-2017, 11:09 PM
I wonder how this Celtics win will be discredited?

Incredible performance by Thomas.

ewing
05-02-2017, 11:11 PM

great win man

jason
05-02-2017, 11:14 PM
Great game by both Thomas and Wall but Thomas came in clutch

PAOboston
05-02-2017, 11:35 PM
This series has been so entertaining so far.

Not enough good things to say about IT. One of the best postseason performances in Celtics history.

hugepatsfan
05-02-2017, 11:42 PM
IT!!!

Unreal performance. Great job by the young guns too in Brown and Rozier.

jason
05-02-2017, 11:48 PM
Of course mtm is nowhere to be found now lol

WaDe03
05-02-2017, 11:56 PM

The head butt to Otto Porters nose that took him out of the game, won you guys this game. Another injury.....

AntiG
05-03-2017, 12:51 AM
The Tooth!

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 01:09 AM
It is legit a little Iverson... Its not capable of ever winning a title but when he is hot he will win games by himself... My god he has been amazing in the first 2 games.... Hearing how he is doing it for his sister will be insanely annoying all series.

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 01:12 AM
Of course mtm is nowhere to be found now lol

I expected this :shrug:

I said it all season.... This is amazing and when hot he will beat anyone not named the warriors... They cant win with him against great teams because shooting goes cold and once it does thats when the celtics will lose and he brings nothing at all except negative value... Defense matters and if they lose pieces around him that will also hurt the celtics more than it should because of defense.

Oakmont_4
05-03-2017, 06:11 AM
The head butt to Otto Porters nose that took him out of the game, won you guys this game. Another injury.....

You still salty bro?

Oakmont_4
05-03-2017, 06:12 AM

No. Haha and he needs to stop shooting those. Not his game.

Oakmont_4
05-03-2017, 06:14 AM

Haha right?

Lil Rhody
05-03-2017, 08:03 AM
Man what a game from the little guy! This has been a fun series so far and with the bad blood between these two teams I'm glad the Celtics are coming out as the aggressor.

Ugh the way IT can change speeds and direction with the ball in his hands is phenomenal

If only he was 5 inches taller he would be a beast

ewing
05-03-2017, 09:40 AM
It is legit a little Iverson... Its not capable of ever winning a title but when he is hot he will win games by himself... My god he has been amazing in the first 2 games.... Hearing how he is doing it for his sister will be insanely annoying all series.

At least he seems capable of getting to the conf finals unlike Paul. Mirite?

AntiG
05-03-2017, 11:42 AM

And the Celtics lost Avery Bradley for a good chunk of the game too, so not an excuse.

Vee-Rex
05-03-2017, 11:57 AM
Annnnnnnd you tip your hat off on that one. IT was incredible - MVP level play right there.

WaDe03
05-03-2017, 12:43 PM
And the Celtics lost Avery Bradley for a good chunk of the game too, so not an excuse.

I was joking

kobe4thewinbang
05-03-2017, 07:03 PM
My observations from Game 2:

What is wrong with Beal? Freaking 4 of 15, was it? That's horrible for this shooter that sometimes makes you turn your head and go "wow." Washington ain't going to win unless he drops 30 soon and combines with Wall for a lotta points.

Why can Gortat not block little *** Isaiah Thomas? He's freaking clowning on him, with a weak *** layup that should be sent ten feet Rudy Gobert style. You let him get away with that, you ain't gonna win.

Where's tough guy thug-ster Markieff Morris when you need him? He be acting tough but looking clumsy as hell as if he's in a Vaudeville act trying to guard a dude half his size and twice if not thrice as mobile. Why is Washington even letting that switch happen? I just watched the highlights and about 3 plays were Morris at the mercy of lil' T.

And that last shot by Thomas, props for making it, but if that's a foul, I'm Gandhi.

It'll be interesting how the Wizards refs judge this crap for the next two games.

LOb0
05-03-2017, 08:27 PM

What is wrong with Beal? Freaking 4 of 15, was it? That's horrible for this shooter that sometimes makes you turn your head and go "wow." Washington ain't going to win unless he drops 30 soon and combines with Wall for a lotta points.

Why can Gortat not block little *** Isaiah Thomas? He's freaking clowning on him, with a weak *** layup that should be sent ten feet Rudy Gobert style. You let him get away with that, you ain't gonna win.

Where's tough guy thug-ster Markieff Morris when you need him? He be acting tough but looking clumsy as hell as if he's in a Vaudeville act trying to guard a dude half his size and twice if not thrice as mobile. Why is Washington even letting that switch happen? I just watched the highlights and about 3 plays were Morris at the mercy of lil' T.

And that last shot by Thomas, props for making it, but if that's a foul, I'm Gandhi.

It'll be interesting how the Wizards refs judge this crap for the next two games.

The one where Morris hit him? That was a clear foul.

Green_Monster
05-03-2017, 09:29 PM

The and-1? Morris slapped him across the arm as he went to shoot lol.

futureman
05-03-2017, 09:43 PM
What a Joke both teams are. Nobody's playing any Defense. The Celtics actually expect to get a guy like Hayward who is one one of the 3 best defensive teams in the NBA? What a laugh.

kobe4thewinbang
05-03-2017, 10:49 PM
The and-1? Morris slapped him across the arm as he went to shoot lol.I dunno. I saw two different angles. Very ticky-tack. Looked like he barely touched him at all. IT clearly sold it.

Oakmont_4
05-04-2017, 06:13 AM
What a Joke both teams are. Nobody's playing any Defense. The Celtics actually expect to get a guy like Hayward who is one one of the 3 best defensive teams in the NBA? What a laugh.

The Celtics are just as good as the Jazz (who have Hayward). If Hayward joins the Celtics they'll be better than the Jazz are with him. And he'll be in the East where the path to the finals is much easier. Not that hard to understand why the Celtics would be a good destination for him...

Oakmont_4
05-04-2017, 06:14 AM
I dunno. I saw two different angles. Very ticky-tack. Looked like he barely touched him at all. IT clearly sold it.

It's the NBA man. If you're upset about someone selling a foul, you should watch a different sport. It's not like IT got any type of favoritism, that's just the NBA. The whole game was filled with tick tack fouls on both sides. They also let some clear fouls go and swallowed the whistle.

Lil Rhody
05-04-2017, 02:48 PM
Most overrated #1 seed to winning 6 straight. Yaaaaaaaaaa

Green_Monster
05-04-2017, 04:24 PM
Most overrated #1 seed to winning 6 straight. Yaaaaaaaaaa

Like I said in the Bulls thread, it will continue to happen. Because they're not a typical #1 with multiple stars/big name players, people don't think they're that good.

Their playoff motto is perfect. It's not luck.

Lil Rhody
05-04-2017, 04:37 PM
^ it's amazing what one guy (Horford) can do for a team. No Al and teams are bum rushing IT like last year and we are not getting past the first round. Don't think he was worth max because of his age but man that dude is earning his pay in the playoffs

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 04:54 PM
Your season would still be over if Rondo didn't get injured.

Lil Rhody
05-04-2017, 05:07 PM
Lmao this is the Celtics wizards thread go wank off in the Chicago one. They lost get over it don't worry cha boy is going to go to another team you can cheer for. It's like your still mad at the girl that said no to the prom and it's almost cinco da mayo so please save some of that salt for a margarita and drink your sorrows away

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 05:10 PM
Lmao this is the Celtics wizards thread go wank off in the Chicago one. They lost get over it don't worry cha boy is going to go to another team you can cheer for. It's like your still mad at the girl that said no to the prom and it's almost cinco da mayo so please save some of that salt for a margarita and drink your sorrows away

I already told you I had enough salt for the both of us tomorrow.

I can wank off wherever I want and I've decided to wank off in here lmao!

You got any salt left over after making your clam chowder for the game tonight?

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Who gets injured on the Wizards tonight and how biased are the refs towards the Celtics are the real questions of the night.

Lil Rhody
05-04-2017, 05:18 PM
Yo **** clam chowder. Any broth food is terrible. I'm actually making pastrami and Swiss with a nice home brew or two or till I pass out.

Wade03 glad you see the light side of my post and I respect it brotha

Hey it's going to be an interesting offseason for you considering Wade is most likely out of Chicago and on to the twilight of his career. Sucks watching your heroes of the court get old. I cried when Pierce played his last game in Boston this year. God do I miss the truth. Dude was so slow looking but man the finesse was there.

Green_Monster
05-04-2017, 05:19 PM
^ it's amazing what one guy (Horford) can do for a team. No Al and teams are bum rushing IT like last year and we are not getting past the first round. Don't think he was worth max because of his age but man that dude is earning his pay in the playoffs

Felt the same way, but he's just been incredible in the playoffs.

Who gets injured on the Wizards tonight and how biased are the refs towards the Celtics are the real questions of the night.

I almost feel bad for you. Almost.

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 05:21 PM
Yo **** clam chowder. Any broth food is terrible. I'm actually making pastrami and Swiss with a nice home brew or two or till I pass out.

Wade03 glad you see the light side of my post and I respect it brotha

Hey it's going to be an interesting offseason for you considering Wade is most likely out of Chicago and on to the twilight of his career. Sucks watching your heroes of the court get old. I cried when Pierce played his last game in Boston this year. God do I miss the truth. Dude was so slow looking but man the finesse was there.

I'll definitely cry Wades last game/retirement. I'm just hoping he tries to go out on top and not on a terrible team like Kobe did with the Lakers. It's only right for the all time greats to go out on top or at least on a highly competitive team.

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Felt the same way, but he's just been incredible in the playoffs.

I almost feel bad for you. Almost.

It's the thought that counts though, thank you!

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 05:24 PM
But yea Rhody I need Wade to get the **** out of Chicago. Worst coach in the league, top 3 worst FO, a team full of scrubs and Dleague level guys, terrible fans, etc. I could go on and on and I've been there a year lol.

I had my disagreements with things Riley and Spo did over the years but I was definitely spoiled with them.

Vee-Rex
05-04-2017, 05:52 PM
I think the Wiz take this game. They're gonna be fired up in DC. Their backs are against the wall right now.

papipapsmanny
05-04-2017, 08:36 PM
Wizards Starting 5 is better, is the depth that has gotten the Celtics these first two games

Lil Rhody
05-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Meh it's just the first quarter.....

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 08:43 PM
This one ended in the 1st nice answer from the Wizards.

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 08:44 PM
Wizards Starting 5 is better, is the depth that has gotten the Celtics these first two games

Yea if the Wizards can add amen to their depth and their guys continue to improve they could be real dangerous.

j-bay
05-04-2017, 08:46 PM
Here we go!

Lil Rhody
05-04-2017, 08:46 PM
Hate crime!

Green_Monster
05-04-2017, 08:47 PM
Wow, Oubre isn't very bright.

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Also Kelly Oubre is going to be really good. Like really, really good. I'm going to go ahead and call that now.

He's obviously been working on his jumper and it will continue to improve, he's going to be a hell of a 2 way player.

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 08:50 PM
Oubre Lmao! He just did what everyone else has been wanting to do to Kelly's dirty ***.

He will get ejected but more than that will be ridiculous

Lil Rhody
05-04-2017, 08:51 PM
That was some hot Kelly on Kelly action

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 08:54 PM

Lmao!

AntiG
05-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Oubre Lmao! He just did what everyone else has been wanting to do to Kelly's dirty ***.

He will get ejected but more than that will be ridiculous

He deserves a suspension for that. That was nearly the equivalent of throwing a punch.

FlashBolt
Always hated Kelly Olynyk. Wish it was Morris who clocked his damn face in.. Dude is legitimately one of the dirtiest players in the league.

AntiG

:laugh:

WaDe03
So the Celtics at this rate will be 0-3 in games where an opposing player doesn't get injured or isn't out with injury, will the ejection cancel this out and rally the Celtics back in to this one? Stay tuned....

More-Than-Most
05-04-2017, 08:57 PM
Same point I have always stated... When IT isnt Hot Boston looks so ****ing bad because....... wait for it................................................ .......... HIS DEFENSE IS ****. They are actually making him move around this game and forcing him to defend.

FlashBolt
05-04-2017, 09:00 PM
Celtics won a lot of games. They're not bad but they aren't a top team. They are more than capable of beating 25/30 NBA teams so let's stop acting like they are trash, please.

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 09:01 PM
He deserves a suspension for that. That was nearly the equivalent of throwing a punch.

That's soft as hell if so. It's the playoffs and that was a push.

Jr smith only got 2 games for knocking out Crowder.

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 09:03 PM
Same point I have always stated... When IT isnt Hot Boston looks so ****ing bad because....... wait for it................................................ .......... HIS DEFENSE IS ****. They are actually making him move around this game and forcing him to defend.

Don't make me wait so long for the answer next time for god sake!

PAOboston
05-04-2017, 09:05 PM
Only so many games that you can spot a team 40 pts in the 1st quarter before it bites you in the butt. Very disappointed with the C's effort.

ewing
05-04-2017, 09:19 PM

Is there defense better when he makes shots? Tonight they have actually taken advantage of him in the post but like usual you don't even mention it. You just go his defense is ****. Your post never even convince me that you watch

FlashBolt
05-04-2017, 09:25 PM
Is there defense better when he makes shots? Tonight they have actually taken advantage of him in the post but like usual you don't even mention it. You just go his defense is ****. Your post never even convince me that you watch

Idk if he's watching or not but I do know you can't read. He said exactly what you said.. They hide Thomas defensively but Wizards are making Thomas play defense.. not sure what you're bickering about but you're basically agreeing with him. Shocker.

ewing
05-04-2017, 09:30 PM
Idk if he's watching or not but I do know you can't read. He said exactly what you said.. They hide Thomas defensively but Wizards are making Thomas play defense.. not sure what you're bickering about but you're basically agreeing with him. Shocker.

Exactly you can't even tell if most you guys watch the games. You just want rail about what ever byline you had brought into before the game even before it started and don't even mention what is going on on the court. I thought IT actually did a nice job on perimeter on wall to start the game. He wasn't being hide. He then did get taken advantage of down low

KobeOwnSU
05-04-2017, 09:46 PM
When is their going to be a good playoff game?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PAOboston
05-04-2017, 09:47 PM
Bradley Beal with a flop that Marcus Smart is even jealous of. Wow. That was epically bad.

AntiG
05-04-2017, 09:55 PM

you didn't see game 2?

More-Than-Most
05-04-2017, 10:20 PM
Exactly you can't even tell if most you guys watch the games. You just want rail about what ever byline you had brought into before the game even before it started and don't even mention what is going on on the court. I thought IT actually did a nice job on perimeter on wall to start the game. He wasn't being hide. He then did get taken advantage of down low

He didnt.... he was late or off his guy by quite a bit and was getting owned... You asked if his making shots helps the defense... It does because if he isnt hitting he brings no value... He needs to be red hot for them to win... They attacked him tonight instead of just letting him defend a guy who is standing behind the 3 point line all night and its killing him on both ends... It shouldnt have taken them 3 games to realize this but it did and Boston now has to figure out away to answer by hiding his defense again or he needs to go off for 40 with a high shooting percentage... I think Boston still wins the series because they will do just that next game.... This goes 100 percent along with why I would never build a team around him or give him anywhere near the max because he needs to be on to be any type of plus for this team where is guys like PG13/Butler/KL/CP3 etc etc can have a bad or poor offensive night but they at least try to bring plus value overall because they defend

We arent talking about a curry or kyrie where you know they arent good defenders... We are talking about the worst defensive player in basketball whom is small.. really small... going against good teams every single night and cant get away with having an off offensive night.

ewing
05-04-2017, 10:21 PM
I actually think Isaiah works hard on D. He pressures, moves his feet, he rotates, he is just short and he's doesn't bench 400 lbs like Earl Boykins some sometimes he can he moved. IDK, last year the Celtics were a winning team with a very good defense and IT playing 35 mins a night. I need to watch more but he isn't what Amare was when he came to the knicks. I remember when Amare came to the knicks you could tell right away that you weren't going to be good on D with him in the middle. He couldn't move laterally and got lost. I think a little rim protection help IT a lot.

ewing
05-04-2017, 10:23 PM
He didnt.... he was late or off his guy by quite a bit and was getting owned... You asked if his making shots helps the defense... It does because if he isnt hitting he brings no value... He needs to be red hot for them to win... They attacked him tonight instead of just letting him defend a guy who is standing behind the 3 point line all night and its killing him on both ends... It shouldnt have taken them 3 games to realize this but it did and Boston now has to figure out away to answer by hiding his defense again or he needs to go off for 40 with a high shooting percentage... I think Boston still wins the series because they will do just that next game.... This goes 100 percent along with why I would never build a team around him or give him anywhere near the max because he needs to be on to be any type of plus for this team where is guys like PG13/Butler/KL/CP3 etc etc can have a bad or poor offensive night but they at least try to bring plus value overall because they defend

We arent talking about a curry or kyrie where you know they arent good defenders... We are talking about the worst defensive player in basketball whom is small.. really small... going against good teams every single night and cant get away with having an off offensive night.

How were they a top defensive team last year?

ewing
05-04-2017, 10:28 PM
did IT really need to have dental surgery between games? was it cosmetic?

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 10:29 PM

Because Bradley is the 2nd best perimeter defender in the league and Crowder is a very good defender, so is smart, etc.

Thomas is a garbage defender, there's literally no defending it

More-Than-Most
05-04-2017, 10:33 PM

easy to cover up a horrid defender if you have legit defenders around them... See the warriors... Curry isnt as bad of course but having guys like Klay/Green/Durant etc etc make his defense or lack there of not an issue... The cavs last year in the finals did exactly what the wizards did tonight to curry and they lost 2 of their defenders and the house of cards started to fall when they couldnt cover up for that defense and made curry actually try to defend which hurt his offensive game... And he isnt even nearly as bad as IT is... If the celtics were smart they would trade him instead of giving him a max because they wont be able to keep the perfect team around him for the duration and then things will really get bad.

ewing
05-04-2017, 10:38 PM
easy to cover up a horrid defender if you have legit defenders around them... See the warriors... Curry isnt as bad of course but having guys like Klay/Green/Durant etc etc make his defense or lack there of not an issue... The cavs last year in the finals did exactly what the wizards did tonight to curry and they lost 2 of their defenders and the house of cards started to fall when they couldnt cover up for that defense and made curry actually try to defend which hurt his offensive game... And he isnt even nearly as bad as IT is... If the celtics were smart they would trade him instead of giving him a max because they wont be able to keep the perfect team around him for the duration and then things will really get bad.

so you can be a top defense with him on the floor but you can't win b/c of defense with him on the floor.

ewing
05-04-2017, 10:42 PM
Because Bradley is the 2nd best perimeter defender in the league and Crowder is a very good defender, so is smart, etc.

Thomas is a garbage defender, there's literally no defending it

i'm not saying he is a good one on one defender. He's not but what you need to do is get stops. You can do that with IT. they would be better defensively if they traded for Noel right? I not saying he is a great defender i just don't get the level of hate. I think he is coverable and it's not like he looks unengaged like Harden would or lost like Amare.

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 10:44 PM
i'm not saying he is a good one on one defender. He's not but what you need to do is get stops. You can do that with IT. they would be better defensively if they traded for Noel right?

Yea they proabably would since he would bring athleticism and shot blocking.

ewing
05-04-2017, 10:47 PM
Yea they proabably would since he would bring athleticism and shot blocking.

that's all i'm saying. I dont think he is cancerous

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 10:47 PM
My prediction for game 4:

If no one on the Wizards is injured/out (Celtics 0-3 vs healthy teams these playoffs) the Wizards win a close hard fought game and head back tied 2-2 with momentum on their side.

More-Than-Most
05-04-2017, 10:49 PM
so you can be a top defense with him on the floor but you can't win b/c of defense with him on the floor.

you can win... he just needs to play insane ahem first 2 games against good competition every night... The Likelyhood of that is slim to none where he can be offensive amazing night in and night out

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 10:49 PM
that's all i'm saying. I dont think he is cancerous

Well I mean if you're swapping average defenders out with good defenders you're going to be better defensively regardless of what IT does. He works I'll give you that he's just too small/weak to make a difference.

I will say his offense helps the defense because when he's scoring it's getting the team amped up and increases their intensity so he does have his perks.

PAOboston
05-04-2017, 10:52 PM
Wiz played as well as they could. Cs didn't bother showing up. The result was as expected.

ewing
05-04-2017, 10:53 PM
you can win... he just needs to play insane ahem first 2 games against good competition every night... The Likelyhood of that is slim to none where he can be offensive amazing night in and night out

if they need him to be great offensively every night it's b/c he is the team's only legit scorer.

AllBall
05-04-2017, 11:18 PM
I hope this series goes 7, without Warriors/Clippers happening anymore, I need me some testy drama, lol

NBA, soap opera for men :laugh2:

ewing
05-04-2017, 11:19 PM
I hope this series goes 7, without Warriors/Clippers happening anymore, I need me some testy drama, lol

NBA, soap opera for men :laugh2:

true these guys actually look like they don't like each other

jason
05-04-2017, 11:45 PM

You haven't been watching

rhino17
05-05-2017, 12:27 AM
What an overreaction by Oubre. It was a hard screen, but its the playoffs

Green_Monster
05-05-2017, 12:27 AM

The "he needs to be red hot to win" and "he needs to go off for 40 with a high shooting percentage" has already been proven wrong several times. Why do you only post those when they lose and he doesn't score a lot? Lol, come on man.

Oakmont_4
05-05-2017, 07:21 AM
Always hated Kelly Olynyk. Wish it was Morris who clocked his damn face in.. Dude is legitimately one of the dirtiest players in the league.

Ridiculous statement

Forever35
05-05-2017, 08:51 AM

I can see where you're coming from after the Love play when KO pulled his shoulder out, but IMO that was the only time... Last night was a 7ftr setting a pick on a smaller player... Of course Oubre face was gonna walk into his shoulder...

What other instances can you say KO is a dirty player...???

WaDe03
05-05-2017, 09:43 AM
I can see where you're coming from after the Love play when KO pulled his shoulder out, but IMO that was the only time... Last night was a 7ftr setting a pick on a smaller player... Of course Oubre face was gonna walk into his shoulder...

What other instances can you say KO is a dirty player...???

Pulling on Robin lopezs arm the same way he did Loves in the first round.

Vee-Rex
05-06-2017, 11:46 AM
I don't think Olynyk is "dirty" so much as he is just dangerously reckless. The TWO-HANDED armbars need to stop. We all know big men hold others down while battling in the trenches with various arm hooks and stuff, but Olynyk is the only guy I've ever seen use both of his arms in a lock on another guy's arm. He has done it more than once.

And Crowder is just straight dirty. If the C's are in the ECF he better not try that nonsense again or JR will clock his *** again. JR doesn't give a ****.

Green_Monster
05-06-2017, 12:40 PM
I don't think Olynyk is "dirty" so much as he is just dangerously reckless. The TWO-HANDED armbars need to stop. We all know big men hold others down while battling in the trenches with various arm hooks and stuff, but Olynyk is the only guy I've ever seen use both of his arms in a lock on another guy's arm. He has done it more than once.

And Crowder is just straight dirty. If the C's are in the ECF he better not try that nonsense again or JR will clock his *** again. JR doesn't give a ****.

How is Crowder dirty lol. You guys are so soft nowadays. Every little thing is "dirty". It's pathetic, at best. JR is dirty for hitting someone.

Side note, haven't seen much of you since my predictions became pretty much spot on in the Bulls thread. Meanwhile yours were very wrong. I was one game off. That was also before the tragic death of IT's sister. Other than that, I pretty much hit on everything. Funny how that goes.

WaDe03
05-06-2017, 12:58 PM
How is Crowder dirty lol. You guys are so soft nowadays. Every little thing is "dirty". It's pathetic, at best. JR is dirty for hitting someone.

Side note, haven't seen much of you since my predictions became pretty much spot on in the Bulls thread. Meanwhile yours were very wrong. I was one game off. That was also before the tragic death of IT's sister. Other than that, I pretty much hit on everything. Funny how that goes.

Damn you're so smart. You were looking real bad until Rondo got injured. Thank him for saving you. I don't want to hear that IT sister stuff because he passed his season averages up in game 1 and played well game 2 as well.

Lucky for you Oubre is suspended. Celtics 0-3 when teams are at full strength 6-0 when someone is out of the opposing teams rotation. We'll see if that's the case.

WaDe03
05-06-2017, 01:00 PM
And Crowder may not be dirty but Olnynk or however you spell that clowns name is. Just know JR will make Crowders legs buckle again if he starts acting like a hard ***.

Vee-Rex
05-06-2017, 01:17 PM

Crowder was dirty for pretty much that entire 2014-15 series. It's why JR put him to sleep.

He also leg-locked Robin Lopez vs. the Bulls. Is that not dirty?

I've been posting all over the place wtf are you talking about? Lol. My prediction was based on the Bulls being fully healthy and Boston got back in the series when Rondo got hurt. Fact.

WaDe03
05-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Crowder was dirty for pretty much that entire 2014-15 series. It's why JR put him to sleep.

I've been posting all over the place wtf are you talking about? Lol. My prediction was based on the Bulls being fully healthy and Boston got back in the series when Rondo got hurt. Fact.

OT but I'm not sure if you saw my question in the other thread, do you guys have the MLE this summer?

Vee-Rex
05-06-2017, 01:40 PM
OT but I'm not sure if you saw my question in the other thread, do you guys have the MLE this summer?

Oh my bad.

I just looked at it and it looks like Richard Jefferson and Kay Felder are eating into it for the 2017/18 year. So we either don't have it or it's gonna be a partial one.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/cap/2017/

Jefferson's gonna have 2.5 million and Felder 1.3 million of the mini MLE.

WaDe03
05-06-2017, 01:58 PM
Oh my bad.

I just looked at it and it looks like Richard Jefferson and Kay Felder are eating into it for the 2017/18 year. So we either don't have it or it's gonna be a partial one.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/cap/2017/

Jefferson's gonna have 2.5 million and Felder 1.3 million of the mini MLE.

Damn, thanks for the info. Doesn't look like the Cavs are possible for Wade this summer unless it's through trade which would get done if LeBron wants it to get done.

Gilbert Wade and LeBron did have that meeting on a private last summer they didn't want anyone to know about so I'm not sure what they have up their sleeves.

Green_Monster
05-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Damn you're so smart. You were looking real bad until Rondo got injured. Thank him for saving you. I don't want to hear that IT sister stuff because he passed his season averages up in game 1 and played well game 2 as well.

Rondo isn't worth the 15ppg the Bulls lost by on average the last four games. I'm still stunned that you don't understand that. He's not LeBron. He's Rajon Rondo. I had the privilege to watch him for many years. I was one of his biggest supporters, ask the Celtics forum. Unfortunately, even in his prime he wasn't a 15ppg difference. That's massive.

IT wasn't himself in games 1 and 2. He was super sloppy, very chaotic. Look at the turnovers, the Celtics offense wasn't running correctly. He still scored because that's what he does. He definitely wasn't in the right mind set though, and you can't blame him.

Lucky for you Oubre is suspended. Celtics 0-3 when teams are at full strength 6-0 when someone is out of the opposing teams rotation. We'll see if that's the case.

Oubre isn't that good.

Green_Monster
05-06-2017, 03:00 PM

He wasn't though. That's you be biased as ****. What JR did was dirty.

If a player grabbing another player when they fall/after they've fallen is dirty, then 75%+ (probably closer to 90%) of the league is dirty. They've all done it at some point.

Nah, you baited my posts like crazy and you ended up being so wrong.

Vee-Rex
05-06-2017, 03:22 PM
He wasn't though. That's you be biased as ****. What JR did was dirty.

If a player grabbing another player when they fall/after they've fallen is dirty, then 75%+ (probably closer to 90%) of the league is dirty. They've all done it at some point.

LMAO, you are the most delusional poster I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFRkR5UQzLU

Ladies and gentlemen, close to 90% of the NBA does what Crowder did in that link.

Nah, you baited my posts like crazy and you ended up being so wrong.

I was right before Rondo got hurt. You're pathetic.

Green_Monster
05-06-2017, 03:44 PM
LMAO, you are the most delusional poster I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFRkR5UQzLU

Ladies and gentlemen, close to 90% of the NBA does what Crowder did in that link.

That's not what I said, but okay lol. Yet I'm the delusional one.

I was right before Rondo got hurt. You're pathetic.

No you weren't lol. Rondo isn't a 15ppg difference. You believing so tells us all we need to know about your basketball knowledge.

Vee-Rex
05-06-2017, 03:54 PM
That's not what I said, but okay lol. Yet I'm the delusional one.

It's exactly what you said. Don't try to play word games to weasel your way out of it.

No you weren't lol. Rondo isn't a 15ppg difference. You believing so tells us all we need to know about your basketball knowledge.

It's pretty idiotic that you're taking the average margin of victory to determine that he needs to be a 15ppg difference. Tells us all we need to know about your intelligence (or lack thereof).

Green_Monster
05-06-2017, 04:07 PM
It's exactly what you said. Don't try to play word games to weasel your way out of it.

No. I didn't say exactly what Crowder did. I said "if a player grabbing another player when they fall/after they've fallen". Grow up.

It's pretty idiotic that you're taking the average margin of victory to determine that he needs to be a 15ppg difference. Tells us all we need to know about your intelligence (or lack thereof).

That's exactly what he needs to be... 15ppg better all around than his replacement (on average). And he isn't. What is wrong with you?

It's okay to admit you're wrong once in a while.

Vee-Rex
05-06-2017, 04:13 PM
No. I didn't say exactly what Crowder did. I said "if a player grabbing another player when they fall/after they've fallen". Grow up.

You equated Crowder's leg-lock to simply a player grabbing another player, then made up some false % of players that do it. You're ridiculous, man.

That's exactly what he needs to be... 15ppg better all around than his replacement (on average). And he isn't. What is wrong with you?

It's okay to admit you're wrong once in a while.

Do you not understand basic logic? 15ppg is the average margin of victory but it's not THE margin of victory every single game.

If Rondo is only 12ppg above his replacement player then the Bulls still win games 4 and 5.

That's not to mention how it's 2nd-grade logic to take a flat number based on margin of victory without accounting for momentum and defensive impact. I'm astounded at how difficult this is for you.

Green_Monster
05-06-2017, 04:58 PM
You equated Crowder's leg-lock to simply a player grabbing another player, then made up some false % of players that do it. You're ridiculous, man.

Watch a game. You'll see players do it all the time. There's other variations of what I said too. Like tossing a shoe or grabbing onto a player so they can't get a rebound. It's to slow down/stop the other player from making a play on the ball.

This is really basic stuff man. It's almost sad at this point.

Do you not understand basic logic? 15ppg is the average margin of victory but it's not THE margin of victory every single game.

If Rondo is only 12ppg above his replacement player then the Bulls still win games 4 and 5.

That's not to mention how it's 2nd-grade logic to take a flat number based on margin of victory without accounting for momentum and defensive impact. I'm astounded at how difficult this is for you.

Rondo isn't 12ppg above his replacement player either.

The fact that you don't realize overall impact includes defense. :sigh:

Vee-Rex
05-06-2017, 05:10 PM
LMAO, so all your pig-headed quotes about how Rondo needs to be a 15ppg replacement player:

Rondo isn't a 15ppg difference.

boils down to this gem:

Rondo isn't 12ppg above his replacement player either.

:laugh2:

Vee-Rex
05-06-2017, 05:15 PM

Do you still feel this way? I'd like you to answer it.

Green_Monster
05-06-2017, 05:20 PM
LMAO, so all your pig-headed quotes about how Rondo needs to be a 15ppg replacement player:

boils down to this gem:

Yes? I swear you just use laughing symbols because you're unable to think of words. He isn't 15ppg above replacement level, and he isn't 12pgg above replacement level. He's a solid player but he's not a double digit point difference maker.

Do you still feel this way? I'd like you to answer it.

Yes. On average, he needs to cover the difference in the Bulls/Celtics scoring for the Bulls to win. Rocket. Science.

Vee-Rex
05-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Yes? I swear you just use laughing symbols because you're unable to think of words. He isn't 15ppg above replacement level, and he isn't 12pgg above replacement level. He's a solid player but he's not a double digit point difference maker.

Subjective. If the Bulls had a solid point guard backing him up you might have an argument, but they don't. :laugh2: (another laughing symbol!) By the way it's called an emoji.

Yes. On average, he needs to cover the difference in the Bulls/Celtics scoring for the Bulls to win. Rocket. Science.

:laugh2: :laugh2: Rondo could AVERAGE 12ppg above the replacement player and the Bulls win games 4 and 5. The series is over in that case. He doesn't need to average 15ppg above the replacement value.

Hell, if he just puts up +10 in game 4 and +12 in game 5, the Bulls still win the series (average of 11).

Even a five year old could understand. We're at the point where you were absolutely wrong, and instead of coming clean you start trolling (you couldn't possibly be this dumb). So I'll ignore you for now. Peace!

Green_Monster
05-06-2017, 05:40 PM
:facepalm:

Green_Monster
05-06-2017, 05:43 PM
Subjective. If the Bulls had a solid point guard backing him up you might have an argument, but they don't. :laugh2: (another laughing symbol!) By the way it's called an emoji.

:laugh2: :laugh2: Rondo could AVERAGE 12ppg above the replacement player and the Bulls win games 4 and 5. The series is over in that case. He doesn't need to average 15ppg above the replacement value.

Hell, if he just puts up +10 in game 4 and +12 in game 5, the Bulls still win the series (average of 11).

Even a five year old could understand. We're at the point where you were absolutely wrong, and instead of coming clean you start trolling (you couldn't possibly be this dumb). So I'll ignore you for now. Peace!

You really don't understand what "on average" means. You're just trolling at this point and I don't have anything to prove. You were wrong by predicting the Bulls in six. I was much closer with Celtics in five. You can try to run away from that using every excuse in the book, but everyone saw it. Have a nice day.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-07-2017, 05:47 PM
I'm sure Rondo's absence was the reason why Horford went off in the last four games of that series.

Green_Monster
05-07-2017, 06:37 PM
These slow starts are ridiculous.

Lil Rhody
05-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Come on little guy

Lil Rhody
05-07-2017, 07:19 PM
I really wish we had another consistent 20 point scorer on this team. We have all D guys and no scorers on this team. So close so close

lol, please
05-07-2017, 07:28 PM
Where is John Walls Era!?

:sad2:

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 08:02 PM
22-0 run :laugh:

how the **** does that even happen... wizards looking legit.

j-bay
05-07-2017, 08:03 PM

Right there

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 08:03 PM
26-0 run.. John wall is entering LeGOD mode

Lil Rhody
05-07-2017, 08:04 PM
MTM you know why. It's IT versus the world

Celtics need another guy. Hopefully this offseason then watch out

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 08:05 PM
MTM you know why. It's IT versus the world

Celtics need another guy. Hopefully this offseason then watch out

I agree you do need another guy but I dont agree you should just plug them in... Trade IT and a first for butler or PG13.... Sign Holiday.... Your team is now a 2 way monster. You cant win with IT... You just cant sorry.

Green_Monster
05-07-2017, 08:06 PM
I agree you do need another guy but I dont agree you should just plug them in... Trade IT and a first for butler or PG13.... Sign Holiday.... Your team is now a 2 way monster. You cant win with IT... You just cant sorry.

They've won plenty with IT. You only appear when they're losing lol.

zn23
05-07-2017, 08:07 PM
John Wall and the Wizards really flipped the script.

lol, please
05-07-2017, 08:08 PM
Right there

The poster lol

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 08:09 PM

go check the first 2 games when I came in and said IT when he is on fire is a monster... Winning in the regular season means ****... You want to win a title the recipe is trading IT and telling ainge to stop over valuing your secondary pieces... Crowder is useless if his 3 isnt falling but yo UNTRADEABLE.... Once you give IT a max contract the celtics window slams shut.

WaDe03
05-07-2017, 08:09 PM
These slow starts are ridiculous.

Injuries/suspension can't save you today buddy!

WaDe03
05-07-2017, 08:10 PM

They've done nothing in the playoffs with IT.....

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 08:13 PM
IT is being focused on exactly like curry in the finals... they are forcing him to defend and because of that the house of cards if collapsing in on defense and his offensive game is struggling and he is being careless with the ball... He isnt a guy that will win in the playoffs where you face legit defensive competition... If you are as close as the celtics are my mind is boggled that they dont trade IT and their first or crowder for a pg13 or butler and then just sign a Holiday... Butler/Holiday on this celtics team contends with the cavs quite easily

Lil Rhody
05-07-2017, 08:14 PM
I really hope we get #1 get Fultz let IT walk or sign and trade and just rebuild even more. Or steal Gordon from the jazz if we don't get #1 trade to a team with a good package and get another guy have Bradley off the bench ugh so many different possibilities with this team. It's going to be an interesting couple of years coming up soon

Lil Rhody
05-07-2017, 08:15 PM
Drop smart crowder and the pick if it's not #1 for someone

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 08:15 PM
the wizards/raptors/celtics/utah/grizz/thunder/rockets are all on the cusp below the spurs/cavs and a good bit away from the warriors... Why stand pat? If these teams add a cp3/pg13/butler in the off season they become scary.... Teams are really over valuing the draft and its becoming hilarious.

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 08:16 PM
I really hope we get #1 get Fultz let IT walk or sign and trade and just rebuild even more. Or steal Gordon from the jazz if we don't get #1 trade to a team with a good package and get another guy have Bradley off the bench ugh so many different possibilities with this team. It's going to be an interesting couple of years coming up soon

this is what I mean... If you get Fultz... You trade IT and crowder for butler or PG13... You then sign a CP3 or Holiday... Celtics are now monsters

Lil Rhody
05-07-2017, 08:18 PM
If we could swing it. Man I love Isaiah but if he could net us something fudge it why not

Green_Monster
05-07-2017, 08:19 PM
go check the first 2 games when I came in and said IT when he is on fire is a monster... Winning in the regular season means ****... You want to win a title the recipe is trading IT and telling ainge to stop over valuing your secondary pieces... Crowder is useless if his 3 isnt falling but yo UNTRADEABLE.... Once you give IT a max contract the celtics window slams shut.

They weren't getting past the Cavs anyway. Trading IT doesn't get them closer to a championship.

There's the irrational Ainge hate again lol. We get it, you're mad that he didn't accept the fake rumor created by 76'ers fans (Nets pick for Noel/Okafor).

Green_Monster
05-07-2017, 08:20 PM
Injuries/suspension can't save you today buddy!

That logic is idiotic anyway so why does it matter?

They've done nothing in the playoffs with IT.....

They beat the Bulls and are competing in the next round lol.

zn23
05-07-2017, 08:20 PM

I requested the mods reinstate him a couple weeks back. They haven't responded for some reason. He's been gone for 3 years and deserves a second chance.

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 08:21 PM
They weren't getting past the Cavs anyway. Trading IT doesn't get them closer to a championship.

There's the irrational Ainge hate again lol. We get it, you're mad that he didn't accept the fake rumor created by 76'ers fans (Nets pick for Noel/Okafor).

so you dont think this team with Butler via trade and adding a cp3 or Holiday doesnt get past the cavs next year minus IT? Talk about delusional... Also No ainge was smart not over paying for Noel UNTIL you found out noel was had for 2 seconds... Noel on this team is dangerous... I blame Ainge for wanting to rape everyone when Cousins/Noel could have been had for peanuts BUT YO we cant trade crowder... Lol GTFO.

j-bay
05-07-2017, 08:21 PM
the wizards/raptors/celtics/utah/grizz/thunder/rockets are all on the cusp below the spurs/cavs and a good bit away from the warriors... Why stand pat? If these teams add a cp3/pg13/butler in the off season they become scary.... Teams are really over valuing the draft and its becoming hilarious.

Wizarxs need a bench. Their regular 5 are good.

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Wizarxs need a bench. Their regular 5 are good.

Meh getting a butler or PG13 on this team makes guys sign for the minimum like the cavs and warriors do... Running wall/Beal/Gortat/PG13 or Butler is a sick top 4 that could contend with anyone esp on defense.