PDA

View Full Version : Wade could join contender, should he?

WaDe03
04-29-2017, 02:11 PM

Wade says he can either take his option or he could leave and ring chase if he wants to, what do you think he will/should do?

As I Wade fan I would much rather watch him play for a contender for the rest of his career and I don't think they can build one in Chicago. There's just too much wrong with that organization and it starts at the very top. I think he would be a hell of a 3rd or 4th option playing 28-30MPG. He said he's basically open to anything, he said being a 3rd option wouldn't bother him and he would be open to being a 6th man if he was on a contender at it was best for the team, probably like a Manu Ginobli role throughout the course of his career.

Quinnsanity
04-29-2017, 02:20 PM
It won't happen, but man, would it be fun if the Cavs somehow united the banana boat gang. Each of the individual moves are totally feasible. Wade takes a ring-chasing contract. CP3 for Kyrie S&T (they'd have to shed money to get under the apron first though), Love for Melo. It's not all happening, but man, it'd be fun.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-29-2017, 02:37 PM
It won't happen, but man, would it be fun if the Cavs somehow united the banana boat gang. Each of the individual moves are totally feasible. Wade takes a ring-chasing contract. CP3 for Kyrie S&T (they'd have to shed money to get under the apron first though), Love for Melo. It's not all happening, but man, it'd be fun.

This. Wade's chasing money at this point, but I'm sure Cavs are looking to shake the roster up especially if they lose the Finals this year. Banana boat's not totally out of the equation, but also not likely by any stretch.

Quinnsanity
04-29-2017, 02:50 PM
This. Wade's chasing money at this point, but it would be something if Cavs can get that team in motion.

I'm really curious about who Wade thinks could pay him if it really is all about the money. Based on my initial projections, there's going to be around $500 million in total cap space throughout the league. That might seem like a lot, but remember that spread out over 30 teams that only amounts to around half of Wade's max per team, and most of that money is consolidated within teams that Wade presumably has no interest in playing for (the Nets, Sixers and Kings make up around 30% of the league's total cap space at this moment). At this moment, here are the teams with $20 million or more in cap space:

Denver, Sacramento, Minnesota, Lakers, Phoenix, Celtics, Hawks (assuming Millsap leaves), Pacers (assuming Teague leaves), Bulls, Heat, Knicks, Sixers, Nets

Some other teams could get there, but that's who's there right now. I have to imagine he wouldn't consider the Kings, Sixers or Nets, they're too bad. This is probably Minnesota's last offseason to add impact players to their long-term core (Wiggins is probably getting extended before the season), so they don't make sense. Atlanta wants to re-sign Paul Millsap, and even if they don't, Wade is exactly the kind of player they don't like. Boston wants to add an actual max player, not an old one like Wade. The Pacers are either rebuilding without Paul George or trying to build a team that can actually win with him, and Wade fits neither group. The Miami bridge feels burned, and it seems like they want to bring back last year's team anyway. Maybe he could go back there for one year at the end, but I doubt they'd pay him the money he's looking for. The Knicks are trying to get younger, not older. The Nuggets flirted with him last year, but now that Jokic looks like a star they have some actual direction as a franchise and don't need Wade to sell tickets. The Suns wouldn't impede Booker's development by bringing in Wade, especially if they get one of the point guards in the draft.

That basically leaves the Lakers as a one-year option or a return to the Bulls. Could we see Magic splurging on Wade for a year just to give the Lakers some credibility? Sure. But it's not like Wade is swimming in options here.

Chronz
04-29-2017, 02:53 PM
Twas sad watching him not give much ****s these playoffs

Tg11
04-29-2017, 03:32 PM
If Wade goes to a contender it will be to the Cavs to reunite with LeBron but if that happens they would have to get rid of either Kyrie or Love in order to make that happen

But out of the teams you mentioned I would love to see him go to L.A. and why? Because not only would he be able to thrive in L.A. he would be playing in a big market and not to mention isn't D-Wade's wife Gabrielle Union from the L.A. region? So then him going there kind of makes sense

Quinnsanity
04-29-2017, 03:57 PM
If Wade goes to a contender it will be to the Cavs to reunite with LeBron but if that happens they would have to get rid of either Kyrie or Love in order to make that happen

But out of the teams you mentioned I would love to see him go to L.A. and why? Because not only would he be able to thrive in L.A. he would be playing in a big market and not to mention isn't D-Wade's wife Gabrielle Union from the L.A. region? So then him going there kind of makes sense

No they wouldn't. The Cavs are so far over the cap that trading Kyrie or Love still wouldn't get them close to the space needed to sign Wade for his perceived market value. If he went to Cleveland, it would be either for the minimum or an exception (either the BAE or the tax payer MLE, I forget which they'd have available).

zn23
04-29-2017, 04:04 PM
Who wants him? He has quite clearly regressed and was a complete non factor in the playoffs and he's getting paid like $23M...

Tg11
04-29-2017, 04:06 PM
Okay but Wade if he were to go to Cleveland it would be at least to get another ring but Wade his legacy is already set anyway I mean he has not one not two but 3 rings and how many Finals appearances? So Wade to me if he were to go and ring chase it really would not bother me if he did but personally if he were to stay in Chicago then they would have to build a better team around him and Butler and Rondo that's for sure

But if Wade ends up leaving then imagine if he were to go back to Miami? I mean he started his career there so it would be like a coming home of sorts because he spent like 12 seasons in Miami...most of his career his titles came with Miami so if he were to go back there it would make sense

However, teams that you say that could be in the running to get Wade are:

Nuggets, Kings, Timberwolves, Lakers, Suns, Celtics, Pacers, Hawks, Bulls, Heat, Knicks, Sixers, Nets

Out of those teams I mean if Wade is going to go to a big market personally I would love it if he came to the Celtics...die hard Celtics fan so if he were to come to Boston we would definitely have more of a chance at a ring

However, he will either stay in Chicago or go back to Miami

HandsOnTheWheel
04-29-2017, 07:25 PM
The point is that he's got a 23M player option to return to the Bulls. In chasing money, he'd be nuts to decline the option.

Tg11
04-29-2017, 07:33 PM
And not to mention isn't Wade from Chicago too? So it would be pretty stupid for him to leave his home of Chicago to go anywhere else

Quinnsanity
04-29-2017, 07:33 PM
The point is that he's got a 23M player option to return to the Bulls. In chasing money, he'd be nuts to decline the option.

I'm not necessarily sure that's true. If he takes that option he might get injured again next year and never be able to find another long term deal. If he became a free agent this summer, it's not like he'd get close to 23 million per year, but I could see someone giving him like three years, $40 million or something. That's less than starter money in the current climate. A team like Orlando that wants to tank but desperately needs to sell tickets would be crazy not to do that.

Tg11
04-29-2017, 07:41 PM
But Wade I couldn't see him going to Orlando anyway but Wade going back to Miami if that were to ever happen like think LeBron going back to Cleveland after he was in Miami Wade decides to leave Chicago to go back to Miami hey stranger things have happened in the NBA

Quinnsanity
04-29-2017, 07:45 PM
But Wade I couldn't see him going to Orlando anyway but Wade going back to Miami if that were to ever happen like think LeBron going back to Cleveland after he was in Miami Wade decides to leave Chicago to go back to Miami hey stranger things have happened in the NBA

I think the wounds are too fresh. Maybe in a few years, after Riley has retired and the sting of what happened last summer dies down. The Heat have other plans for this summer anyway, they're either going to retain most of the team that went 30-11 in the second half or they're going to chase a max guy. There's not really any appeal in bringing back Wade at this point. The PR implications would be kind of moot considering how beloved last year's group was, and he doesn't really help them from a basketball perspective either.

Tg11
04-29-2017, 07:55 PM
Wade to the Pacers imagine that...Wade and PG13 together that would be something but honestly I would prefer Wade stays in Chicago then they re-sign Butler and then Rondo if he comes back healthy then you bring on a max guy in Chicago then Wade would more or less be a 3rd option in that regard and then Chicago can truly build on something

tp13baby
04-29-2017, 08:03 PM
I'm really curious about who Wade thinks could pay him if it really is all about the money. Based on my initial projections, there's going to be around $500 million in total cap space throughout the league. That might seem like a lot, but remember that spread out over 30 teams that only amounts to around half of Wade's max per team, and most of that money is consolidated within teams that Wade presumably has no interest in playing for (the Nets, Sixers and Kings make up around 30% of the league's total cap space at this moment). At this moment, here are the teams with $20 million or more in cap space:

Denver, Sacramento, Minnesota, Lakers, Phoenix, Celtics, Hawks (assuming Millsap leaves), Pacers (assuming Teague leaves), Bulls, Heat, Knicks, Sixers, Nets

Some other teams could get there, but that's who's there right now. I have to imagine he wouldn't consider the Kings, Sixers or Nets, they're too bad. This is probably Minnesota's last offseason to add impact players to their long-term core (Wiggins is probably getting extended before the season), so they don't make sense. Atlanta wants to re-sign Paul Millsap, and even if they don't, Wade is exactly the kind of player they don't like. Boston wants to add an actual max player, not an old one like Wade. The Pacers are either rebuilding without Paul George or trying to build a team that can actually win with him, and Wade fits neither group. The Miami bridge feels burned, and it seems like they want to bring back last year's team anyway. Maybe he could go back there for one year at the end, but I doubt they'd pay him the money he's looking for. The Knicks are trying to get younger, not older. The Nuggets flirted with him last year, but now that Jokic looks like a star they have some actual direction as a franchise and don't need Wade to sell tickets. The Suns wouldn't impede Booker's development by bringing in Wade, especially if they get one of the point guards in the draft.

That basically leaves the Lakers as a one-year option or a return to the Bulls. Could we see Magic splurging on Wade for a year just to give the Lakers some credibility? Sure. But it's not like Wade is swimming in options here.

Denver probably won't. Although a major player for Wade this past offseason Harris has emerged as a great player pretty much on excellent efficiencyz

Wade could find himself on LA assuming Griffin isn't resigned.

Tg11
04-29-2017, 08:15 PM
Wade to the Clippers he would be reunited with the Banana Boat sorta speak he would be reunited with one of his BFFs CP3 so it works especially if Wade leaves Chicago to go to LAC he would still be on a contender and plus with him, Griffin when he's healthy, DeAndre and CP3 that would be a huge threat in the West

WaDe03
04-29-2017, 08:35 PM
I think the only teams he would try to ring chase on would be the Cavs or Spurs. I think the only teams he would try to build a contender on would be the Heat or Bulls. Honestly he should've stayed on the Heat, I bet he would've had a completely different season and they're proabably headed to the 2nd round right now. That team was a perfect fit for him.

Tg11
04-29-2017, 08:39 PM
Wade had he stayed with the Heat I think that they would have made the playoffs in all honesty had he stayed in Miami instead of going to Chicago but if Chicago was at full strength healthy and at 100 percent then I think that they probably could have beaten Boston and that is coming from me a Boston fan

WaDe03
04-29-2017, 08:43 PM
Teams he would be a huge boost on imo: Cavs, Spurs, Heat, Raptors, Bucks, Wizards, Celtics, Clippers

Tg11
04-29-2017, 08:48 PM
Wade on the Celtics just think about it we have IT, Wade, Horford, Olynyk and Bradley that would be awesome if that were to happen

Wade to the Raptors I could never see that happening like pigs would fly before that ever happened but if it did Wade as an added piece I don't think he could do much especially on a Raptors team with Lowry, DeRozan, Ibaka and JV

WaDe03
04-29-2017, 09:31 PM
Wade on the Celtics just think about it we have IT, Wade, Horford, Olynyk and Bradley that would be awesome if that were to happen

Wade to the Raptors I could never see that happening like pigs would fly before that ever happened but if it did Wade as an added piece I don't think he could do much especially on a Raptors team with Lowry, DeRozan, Ibaka and JV

Why don't you think he would help the Raptors? I agree I don't think he would go there but I think he would help if so.

Start him with DD at SF with shooters in Lowry and Ibaka next to them and Val down low or bring him off the bench in a Ginobli role for 26-30 MPG.

Tg11
04-29-2017, 09:42 PM
Then that leaves only the Bulls and Lakers as teams that Wade could fit on then in that case I would rather he stay in Chicago then because what could the Lakers offer Wade? They would have to give up a lot to get Wade

flea
04-29-2017, 09:44 PM
He'd be a nice bench scorer on a contender and someone you'd probably close games with but no contender is going to want to start him. He's not a primary playmaker anymore and he can't shoot - if you're a guard that can't do either of those things you better be a top perimeter defender which he is not.

Tg11
04-29-2017, 09:54 PM
But with Wade he is still an elite player in this league nonetheless

WaDe03
04-29-2017, 10:03 PM
He'd be a nice bench scorer on a contender and someone you'd probably close games with but no contender is going to want to start him. He's not a primary playmaker anymore and he can't shoot - if you're a guard that can't do either of those things you better be a top perimeter defender which he is not.

I disagree with the non playmaker part. I believe he was top 2 at his position this year in APG, I don't count Brogden as a SG. Surrounded with the players that make up a contender he could definitely average 4-5 a game in 30 MPG.

As for shooting, he's gotten better but hopefully he continues to improve there with a somewhat long summer. He hits them at a much better clip when he actually works them in to his game and has the mind set he's going to shoot them as opposed to shooting them as a last resort. I'd like to see how he would shoot them on a team like the Cavs with LeBron and Kyrie sucking in the defense.

Tg11
04-29-2017, 10:13 PM
Not to mention he is still an All Star caliber player man gets voted in every single time year after year so for you to say that he is not as big a player well that may or may not be true but Wade healthy is as good as anyone in this league

Quinnsanity
04-29-2017, 10:14 PM
I disagree with the non playmaker part. I believe he was top 2 at his position this year in APG, I don't count Brogden as a SG. Surrounded with the players that make up a contender he could definitely average 4-5 a game in 30 MPG.

As for shooting, he's gotten better but hopefully he continues to improve there with a somewhat long summer. He hits them at a much better clip when he actually works them in to his game and has the mind set he's going to shoot them as opposed to shooting them as a last resort. I'd like to see how he would shoot them on a team like the Cavs with LeBron and Kyrie sucking in the defense.

But do you want him playing 30 MPG?

Wade is probably best used in a bench role now. I think we know who he is at this point. Yes, he's still a good playmaker (and would be really great next to Kyrie in the same vein Harden used to be next to Westbrook, at least on offense) and a solid scorer, but you have to hide him on defense and accept that he's not playing 82 games. Still valuable for sure, but probably not more than a 6th man on a true contender.

Tg11
04-29-2017, 10:20 PM
Wade I could still see him playing 30 minutes a game at least but it also depends on the team

WaDe03
04-29-2017, 10:25 PM
But do you want him playing 30 MPG?

Wade is probably best used in a bench role now. I think we know who he is at this point. Yes, he's still a good playmaker (and would be really great next to Kyrie in the same vein Harden used to be next to Westbrook, at least on offense) and a solid scorer, but you have to hide him on defense and accept that he's not playing 82 games. Still valuable for sure, but probably not more than a 6th man on a true contender.

26-30 MPG in the regular season, 30-34 in the playoffs either as a starting or Ginobli role off the bench. On the Cavs I think he would start as Smith has been a nice bench piece most of his career and is used to that, on other contenders he may be a bench guy but I think at worst he would be a 4th option guy on high efficiency.

Quinnsanity
04-29-2017, 11:27 PM
26-30 MPG in the regular season, 30-34 in the playoffs either as a starting or Ginobli role off the bench. On the Cavs I think he would start as Smith has been a nice bench piece most of his career and is used to that, on other contenders he may be a bench guy but I think at worst he would be a 4th option guy on high efficiency.

I just did a quick check (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&season_start=1&season_end=-1&lg_id=NBA&age_min=36&age_max=99&is_playoffs=N&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&as_comp=gt&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&force%3Apos_is=1&c1stat=g&c1comp=gt&c1val=50&c2stat=mp_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=26&c6mult=1.0&order_by=ws). The only guard ever to average 26 or more minutes in his age-36 season and win a title was Jason Kidd in 2011. It's a really rare feat. In fact, just looking down this list, I only saw three or four guys who even made the conference Finals. I know there are a lot of circumstances that go into that, but I think it goes to show how much older guards wear down if you overplay them in the regular season. There's just not a good reason to play Wade that much. Why wouldn't you want him at his freshest in the playoffs? Seeding clearly doesn't matter to the Cavs.

lol, please
04-29-2017, 11:39 PM

Wade says he can either take his option or he could leave and ring chase if he wants to, what do you think he will/should do?

As I Wade fan I would much rather watch him play for a contender for the rest of his career and I don't think they can build one in Chicago. There's just too much wrong with that organization and it starts at the very top. I think he would be a hell of a 3rd or 4th option playing 28-30MPG. He said he's basically open to anything, he said being a 3rd option wouldn't bother him and he would be open to being a 6th man if he was on a contender at it was best for the team, probably like a Manu Ginobli role throughout the course of his career.

Wade should come to the Warriors and come off the bench. We'd also gain a fan in WaDe03

:love:

#winning

HandsOnTheWheel
04-30-2017, 12:06 AM
I'm not necessarily sure that's true. If he takes that option he might get injured again next year and never be able to find another long term deal. If he became a free agent this summer, it's not like he'd get close to 23 million per year, but I could see someone giving him like three years, $40 million or something. That's less than starter money in the current climate. A team like Orlando that wants to tank but desperately needs to sell tickets would be crazy not to do that.

It's possible, but all these guys are taking 1 years deals/player option nowadays so who knows.

WaDe03
04-30-2017, 12:29 AM
Wade should come to the Warriors and come off the bench. We'd also gain a fan in WaDe03

:love:

#winning

Haha I don't think he would go there though. I feel like him and LeBron just don't want to play against each other in the playoffs for some reason.

ewing
04-30-2017, 12:31 AM
Teams he would be a huge boost on imo: Cavs, Spurs, Heat, Raptors, Bucks, Wizards, Celtics, Clippers

He was an athletic slasher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaDe03
04-30-2017, 12:32 AM
I just did a quick check (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&season_start=1&season_end=-1&lg_id=NBA&age_min=36&age_max=99&is_playoffs=N&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&as_comp=gt&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&force%3Apos_is=1&c1stat=g&c1comp=gt&c1val=50&c2stat=mp_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=26&c6mult=1.0&order_by=ws). The only guard ever to average 26 or more minutes in his age-36 season and win a title was Jason Kidd in 2011. It's a really rare feat. In fact, just looking down this list, I only saw three or four guys who even made the conference Finals. I know there are a lot of circumstances that go into that, but I think it goes to show how much older guards wear down if you overplay them in the regular season. There's just not a good reason to play Wade that much. Why wouldn't you want him at his freshest in the playoffs? Seeding clearly doesn't matter to the Cavs.

That's interesting, I definitely would like to have him fresh for the playoffs but I feel right around 28 MPG fits him well throughout the regular season. The difference between Wade and those other guards if he were to go to the Cavs would be, they didn't play with LeBron lol.

WaDe03
04-30-2017, 12:35 AM
He was an athletic slasher

He's a top 20 player ever and better than anyone to ever play for the Knicks

FlashBolt
04-30-2017, 02:31 AM
1) Wade can't shoot. You don't want him playing as a starter unless he's surrounded by shooters because the starters are clearly better defenders and will give Wade a more difficult time in attacking the basket.
2) He should join the Cavs but he'll be giving up too much money. I don't see it happening. LeBron probably loves the guy but he also left him in Miami years ago.
3) I think Spurs have a rotation fixated on shooting. Outside of Tony, most of their players are shooters. Since Wade can't shoot, the floor spacing probably wouldn't allow them to move the ball as well.
4) I would like to see Wade play with a contender but he seems like a guy who is happy with three rings so money might be of more importance at this point.

ewing
04-30-2017, 08:23 AM
He's a top 20 player ever and better than anyone to ever play for the Knicks

Ha!

WaDe03
04-30-2017, 10:42 AM

Not sure I believe this but just saw it on twitter. If that's the case just go back to Miami. Riley just said he wants to win one more ring before he retires so help him put together a team to do it. It's only right for the ring counts to be like this when all 3 of their careers are finished: Jordan:6 Kobe:5 and Wade:4

Tg11
04-30-2017, 10:50 AM
Wade going back to Miami I would definitely support it

Raps18-19 Champ
04-30-2017, 05:25 PM
If he's a FA, he can do whatever he wants in my books.

kobe4thewinbang
05-04-2017, 03:48 PM
Wade is done. He'll probably just ride it out in Chicago. I think Bulls fans like him, I don't know. Plus if they trade Butler (what is wrong with them?!) they'll need something to get excited about. But you look at the whole Derrick Rose era, and you get a lot of incompetence, now continued with Wade in town. The roster needs a lot of fixes, and they just said they'll keep Rondo who had one good month. He and Wade don't mesh together though.

:shrug:

I guess you could trade Wade but he probably wants to stay and is worth more than Rondo, not only in salary cap but in impact even though he is no longer Flash.

rhino17
05-04-2017, 03:59 PM
Wade has proven enough in his career, he doesn't need to play for a contender

I really don't see a reason for him to leave the Bulls, especially if they fire Hoiberg

Other places I could see him are Denver (they wanted him last year, I expect them to make a big step next season, and they could use a veteran presence, also allows them to flip some of their wing players for 1 more good player), New Orleans (I don't think its a perfect fit since he can't really shoot, but it would be a fun team I think), and San Antonio (Parker replacement for the time being, and the spurs have always found ways to incorporate guys that can't shoot from the outside)

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-04-2017, 04:37 PM
Bucks name tossed around back when Wade was a free agent. Unless his agent did that along with Denver to drive up his market price. Also he played for Marquette and close to Chicago home town. But the Bucks hardly have any cap. Moose would have to opt out of player option as well as Hawes. Renounce Snell. Also salary dump any of Henson, Delly, Telly to make it happen. But we already have Middleton at SG/SF. Guess it be okay since Parker is out till February 2018. So Middleton could play SF and Wade at SG. But Wade is regressing. Hard to see him pass up the money from Chicago though.

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 04:37 PM
Wade is done. He'll probably just ride it out in Chicago. I think Bulls fans like him, I don't know. Plus if they trade Butler (what is wrong with them?!) they'll need something to get excited about. But you look at the whole Derrick Rose era, and you get a lot of incompetence, now continued with Wade in town. The roster needs a lot of fixes, and they just said they'll keep Rondo who had one good month. He and Wade don't mesh together though.

:shrug:

I guess you could trade Wade but he probably wants to stay and is worth more than Rondo, not only in salary cap but in impact even though he is no longer Flash.

Wade isn't done lol, he's still a good player. Would be a hell of a 3rd or 4th option on a contender.

If they trade Butler he's for sure gone.

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Bucks name tossed around back when Wade was a free agent. Unless his agent did that along with Denver to drive up his market price. Also he played for Marquette and close to Chicago home town. But the Bucks hardly have any cap. Moose would have to opt out of player option as well as Hawes. Renounce Snell. Also salary dump any of Henson, Delly, Telly to make it happen. But we already have Middleton at SG/SF. Guess it be okay since Parker is out till February 2018. So Middleton could play SF and Wade at SG. But Wade is regressing. Hard to see him pass up the money from Chicago though.

Giannis
Wade
Middleton
Parker
Maker

Top 3 in the East

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-04-2017, 05:00 PM
Giannis is mainly SF/PF as point forward like Grant Hill style. Complete waste chasing PG's around. Or shift Giannis to center for a bit in small ball.

Brogdon, Wade, Middleton, Parker, Giannis. Parker will be back in February 2018. It be nice to have Wade. Just don't see the Bucks getting lucky salary dumping any of Delly, Telly, Henson. We got lucky enough dumping Plumlee to Charlotte. That was a miracle. I'm worried Bucks might go back to old idea of chasing after Howard. Even junk for junk not so sure I want lazy Howard.

Vee-Rex
05-04-2017, 05:39 PM
I'd take Wade on the Cavs, but not at the cost of moving multiple pieces just to free up cap space. Here's a look at how that would be:

In order to sign Wade to just 20 million a year, Cavs would have to give away approximately 45 million while taking no players in return (unless they're expirings). Here's a few combinations that could be gotten rid of to make room for Wade:

A.) Love + Kyrie + Frye
B.) Love + Tristan + Frye
C.) Kyrie + Tristan + JR or Shumpert
D.) Tristan + JR + Shumpert + Frye

Trade any combination of the above solely for draft picks or expirings and the Cavs can sign Wade up to 20 million MAX. The problem is three-fold: 1. I don't think any team has 45 million in expirings and 2. No team can just take 45 million without giving up players and 3. No way does Griffin cough up that much just to sign Wade to 20 million.

This is also assuming the Cavs don't sign any of their own free agents to non-min deals (Korver, Deron Williams, Derrick Williams).

So unless Wade is willing to take the MLE for 5.6'ish million (I believe that's where it is right now), it's probably near impossible for him to join the Cavs. A sign-n-trade is not likely to happen either.

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 05:57 PM
I'd take Wade on the Cavs, but not at the cost of moving multiple pieces just to free up cap space. Here's a look at how that would be:

In order to sign Wade to just 20 million a year, Cavs would have to give away approximately 45 million while taking no players in return (unless they're expirings). Here's a few combinations that could be gotten rid of to make room for Wade:

A.) Love + Kyrie + Frye
B.) Love + Tristan + Frye
C.) Kyrie + Tristan + JR or Shumpert
D.) Tristan + JR + Shumpert + Frye

Trade any combination of the above solely for draft picks or expirings and the Cavs can sign Wade up to 20 million MAX. The problem is three-fold: 1. I don't think any team has 45 million in expirings and 2. No team can just take 45 million without giving up players and 3. No way does Griffin cough up that much just to sign Wade to 20 million.

This is also assuming the Cavs don't sign any of their own free agents to non-min deals (Korver, Deron Williams, Derrick Williams).

So unless Wade is willing to take the MLE for 5.6'ish million (I believe that's where it is right now), it's probably near impossible for him to join the Cavs. A sign-n-trade is not likely to happen either.

Do you guys have the MLE? I'm pretty sure it's 8.9M as of right now.

I wanted him to join the Cavs last summer but yea he isn't taking the minimum.

He could opt in and be trade though. Shumpert and Smith for Wade or something idk what everyone's contracts look like.

WaDe03
05-12-2017, 05:29 PM

Scoots
05-12-2017, 07:09 PM
He's not good enough ... would LeBron even want him?

WaDe03
05-12-2017, 07:28 PM
He's not good enough ... would LeBron even want him?

Lmao! Based on what? He's still a good player.