PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy and George

mrblisterdundee
04-29-2017, 12:32 PM
Both Jimmy Buter and Paul George are on sputtering teams surrounded by trade rumors. Both have numbers in the same realm as each other. George is the better shooter, but Jimmy gets to the foul line and distributes more.
Both make a little under $20 million a year, cheap for their production. Jimmy's got one more year until his player option than George, which should play into any team's thinking. Both are obviously max-contract players.
Who do you think is the more valuable player and/or trade target?

mrblisterdundee
04-29-2017, 12:36 PM
I would go with Jimmy. I think his injury concerns are less, and he just seems like a stouter player. He's not the shooter that George is, but he's alright, and George isn't the bulldozer Jimmy is. There also seems to be less drama with Jimmy.

Chronz
04-29-2017, 02:50 PM
I've come to appreciate Jimmys game and I've grown somewhat apathetic towards PG. I initially had it flipped because PG reminded me most of Tmac and figured his skill game project better long term and that Jimmy had less talent overall, that his success could've been flukish. Now I'm sold he's the better 2 way guy forever

Quinnsanity
04-29-2017, 02:54 PM
Yea, Jimmy really separated himself this year. George's shooting at least makes me hesitate a bit, but the gap has closed enough this season for Jimmy to run away with it. He's a better one-on-one scorer, passer and defender than George at this point, and the extra year on his contract is extremely valuable.

Tg11
04-29-2017, 03:39 PM
But either way both men are in trade talks or will be in the off season I mean that is a given but the question is is which one of them will leave their respective team? I mean they both have player options but that doesn't mean that teams can't trade for them in the off season or try to make trade offers at the NBA draft in June so if that happens then I can see the Lakers trying to pull something with Paul George either at the draft or in the off season