PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Magic to offer Cavs GM David Griffin top basketball ops position.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-29-2017, 01:49 AM
Not sure how I like this for the Magic. Thoughts?

lol, please
04-29-2017, 02:01 AM
I'd take it if I was Griffin, Lebron most likely leaves after the Raptors shoot them off the court anyway.

Is this an upgrade for the Magic? Possibly.

More-Than-Most
04-29-2017, 05:15 AM
The GM of the cavs has Been James... So ****ing stupid by the clips.

Quinnsanity
04-29-2017, 07:43 PM
I'd take it if I was Griffin, Lebron most likely leaves after the Raptors shoot them off the court anyway.

Is this an upgrade for the Magic? Possibly.

****ing Matt Millen would be an upgrade over Hennigan. He was truly dreadful, one of the worst general managers of the past several decades.

Griff's track record is pretty bare. He's never had to build a team from scratch, LeBron fell into his lap and essentially made the Love deal for him. But he did a nice job around the edges of that team, and he was a big part of the SSOL Suns front office. He seems at least remotely competent. That makes him a monumental upgrade over Hennigan.

kobe4thewinbang
04-30-2017, 02:15 AM
Sure, I'll leave the defending NBA Champions organization and possible repeat NBA Champions organization for a floundering team with some young talent, a solid coach and no direction, said David Griffin never.

...Unless he wants out from under LeBron's thumb.

Can't blame him for getting offers, but he ain't even that good. He gave Tristan Thompson a huge deal and all he does is rebound. Important, yes, but LeBron says and Griffin does. Try to steal a guy like Daryl Morey or the dude in Toronto. Clearly Danny Ainge is the top dog, by my count.

Just a weird story.