PDA

View Full Version : EC Semifinals Series Thread: Cavs (2) vs Raptors (3) Cavs win 4-0

Pages : [1] 2 3

kdspurman
04-28-2017, 08:15 PM
http://cdn.blogosfere.it/sportusa/assets_c/2011/04/NBA%20Eastern%20Conference%20Logo-anteprima-112x112-297649.gif

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/227/thumbs/22745782016.gifVS. http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/222/thumbs/e4701g88mmn7ehz2baynbs6e0.gif

All games in EST

Game 1, Monday, May 1st Raptors @ Cavs 7:00 PM ET (TNT)

Game 2, Wednesday, May 3rd Raptors @ Cavs 7:00 PM ET (TNT)

Game 3, Friday, May 5th Cavs @ Raptors 7:00 PM ET (ESPN)

Game 4, Sunday, May 7th Cavs @ Raptors 3:30 PM ET (ABC)

Game 5* Raptors @ Cavs TBD

Game 6* Cavs @ Raptors TBD

Game 7* Raptors @ Cavs TBD

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/227/thumbs/22782552009.gif

C: Jonas Valanciunas
PF: Serge Ibaka
SF: Demarre Carroll
SG: DeMar Derozan
PG: Kyle Lowry

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/222/thumbs/428.gif

C: Tristan Thompson
PF: Kevin Love
SF: LeBron James
SG: JR Smith
PG: Kyrie Irving

Air Canada Centre, Toronto

http://i63.tinypic.com/2py11yh.jpg

Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland

http://i64.tinypic.com/dpg48h.jpg

Heediot
04-28-2017, 08:23 PM
cavs in 5

archdevil84
04-28-2017, 08:40 PM
with the way lebron has been playing the raptors stand 0 chance

More-Than-Most
04-28-2017, 08:56 PM
had the raptors beating them last year... I think they will this year as well... Id throw everything at bron and make kyrie/love beat me... Cavs defense is a mess. Raptors in 6 though i pray the cavs win of course.

KnicksorBust
04-28-2017, 09:10 PM
Still would feel like a troll saying Raptors but this could be a war. Raptors are legit. I will still say cavs in 6.

IKnowHoops
04-28-2017, 09:24 PM
had the raptors beating them last year... I think they will this year as well... Id throw everything at bron and make kyrie/love beat me... Cavs defense is a mess. Raptors in 6 though i pray the cavs win of course.

Don't worry, you have nothing no fear. There is no way Toronto beat Cleveland. Bron is way to good for that.

lol, please
04-28-2017, 10:08 PM
Still would feel like a troll saying Raptors but this could be a war. Raptors are legit. I will still say cavs in 6.

Raptors will win this in six. Sig quote me.

lol, please
04-28-2017, 10:13 PM
with the way lebron has been playing the raptors stand 0 chance

With the way the rest of the Cavaliers have been playing post ASB, they have no chance.

tredigs
04-28-2017, 10:38 PM
If Lowry was not playing like the worst PG in the post-season and Derozan wasn't Jekyll and Hyde, I'd be interested to watch this series. As is obviously you just can not trust Toronto.

FlashBolt
04-28-2017, 10:48 PM
MTM, I wonder if you just think the Raptors will win so you can try to make it seem like LeBron went through underwhelming odds or if you truly think the Raptors are a better team. I don't see it. The only positive they have for them is Cavs might go to sleep on defense and Raptors have a crazy offensive series. But other than that, I don't have a legitimate counter.

WaDe03
04-28-2017, 11:43 PM

I don't understand why you and lol,please always think this. There's literally no logic to it.

LOb0
04-29-2017, 01:30 AM
I think this is going 7. I think this Cavs team is seriously flawed.I think Toronto has a real chance of winning this series.

This is the first time in like 8 years I actually think a LeBron team has a chance of losing to an East team. But obviously you have to give the respect vote to LeBron. Cavs in 7.

joshhorvath
04-29-2017, 03:35 AM
if people think this will be a quick series for clevland.. they will be surely dissapointed. Toronto was the only team in the east to beat CLE in the playoffs last year.. they have improved considerably with the addition of Ibaka and PJ Tucker. Powell is turning into the 6th man off the bench.. someone who can get points when Lowry & DD are.. Toronto thrives in the underdog role. This will most definatly go 6 or 7.

The winner of this series will be the East Champs guarenteed. If CLE wins, i expect them to sweep Boston or Washington in the East Finals. Id take Raps in 6 over Boston & Washington in the East Finals.

More-Than-Most
04-29-2017, 04:45 AM
MTM, I wonder if you just think the Raptors will win so you can try to make it seem like LeBron went through underwhelming odds or if you truly think the Raptors are a better team. I don't see it. The only positive they have for them is Cavs might go to sleep on defense and Raptors have a crazy offensive series. But other than that, I don't have a legitimate counter.

Raptors have an all around better team.... the cavs have lebron.... I hate the cavs defense... Its not me wanting to make an excuse for lebron... he is the god.... the rest of the team matters and I think the raptors/Celtics are better... I thought the heat/Raptors were last year but god mode lebron shut me up along with god mode kyrie... I am confident in lebron to repeat that but not kyrie.

Sly Guy
04-29-2017, 09:15 AM
homer pick : raps in 7

ewing
04-29-2017, 09:53 AM
Raps in 6. The real question is what will be the excuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfeifer
04-29-2017, 11:45 AM
I said Cavs in 6 but I hope the Raps can finally play some cinsistent ball. IMO this is the defining moment for this gen of Raps. Its their best chance to get to the finals.

Bruno
04-29-2017, 01:38 PM
this one should probably be Raptors in six or Cavs in 7.

KnicksorBust
04-29-2017, 02:14 PM
Raptors will win this in six. Sig quote me.

We could sig bet instead :)

Tg11
04-29-2017, 03:58 PM
I say Cavs in 4...Cavs will easily sweep the Raptors

I will go back to what my man Barkley said about the Raptors and that is that the Raptors just do not have that killer instinct

But that it all comes down to belief...because DeRozan has it and Lowry to some extent has it but not really but if the rest of them had that belief then sure they could probably stand a chance in this series but realistically come on it's LeBron

Not to mention on defense who can really stop LeBron? Even if they found a way that would leave their options like Kyrie and Love wide open and not to mention Thompson on boards is a beast he would easily be able to outrebound JV

But also bench wise Cleveland has the better talent better depth

lol, please
04-29-2017, 04:47 PM
if people think this will be a quick series for clevland.. they will be surely dissapointed. Toronto was the only team in the east to beat CLE in the playoffs last year.. they have improved considerably with the addition of Ibaka and PJ Tucker. Powell is turning into the 6th man off the bench.. someone who can get points when Lowry & DD are.. Toronto thrives in the underdog role. This will most definatly go 6 or 7.

The winner of this series will be the East Champs guarenteed. If CLE wins, i expect them to sweep Boston or Washington in the East Finals. Id take Raps in 6 over Boston & Washington in the East Finals.

Well said. Good post.

Tg11
04-29-2017, 04:54 PM
Oh please if you think Toronto could possibly compete against Cleveland in this series you really have to be out of your mind

bucketss
04-29-2017, 06:08 PM
Oh please if you think Toronto could possibly compete against Cleveland in this series you really have to be out of your mind

didn't you also say they had no chance against the bucks?

Tg11
04-29-2017, 06:36 PM
Yeah I said that but this is different it is Cleveland and honestly Toronto has no chance no realistic chance against LeBron and company

aman_13
04-29-2017, 07:12 PM
Yeah I said that but this is different it is Cleveland and honestly Toronto has no chance no realistic chance against LeBron and company

They are certainly not anywhere close to a favorite. I think some people are tired of the LeBron narrative and want to see someone else go the finals. That's probably why we are seeing a couple predictions favoring the Raps.

If Lowry performs, I think the Raps can at least challenge the Cavs.

Tg11
04-29-2017, 07:16 PM
But Lowry always underperforms when it comes to the playoffs it is like he is hot and cold

aman_13
04-29-2017, 07:26 PM
But Lowry always underperforms when it comes to the playoffs it is like he is hot and cold

I'm one of Lowry's biggest fans and normally will be the first to defend him but i can't. It's so perplexing, he becomes a different player in the playoffs.

Regular season Lowry is elite. I'm hopeful he breaks out in this series and it was just the length of the Bucks that disrupted him. Although it was strange to see him not as aggressive in the Bucks series. He's having back problems but he is not using that as an excuse, so I won't either.

Tg11
04-29-2017, 07:35 PM
Even so Lowry in the playoffs for the past 3 seasons he doesn't show up when it counts

Tg11
04-29-2017, 07:38 PM
Not to mention what makes you think Lowry can stop Kyrie? I mean battle of the PGs it is not even close Kyrie has speed over Lowry and his handles could easily break Lowry down on defense but also if it is a battle of the bigs then Tristan Thompson over JV any day of the week

Battle of the PFs if it is Ibaka vs Love then I say Love over Ibaka

But also on defense no one can realistically guard LeBron unless you double up on LeBron

Vee-Rex
04-29-2017, 07:55 PM
No disrespect to the Raps, as I think they beat Washington or Boston. But Cavs in 4. We just match up so well with them IMO.

aman_13
04-29-2017, 08:01 PM
Not to mention what makes you think Lowry can stop Kyrie? I mean battle of the PGs it is not even close Kyrie has speed over Lowry and his handles could easily break Lowry down on defense but also if it is a battle of the bigs then Tristan Thompson over JV any day of the week

Battle of the PFs if it is Ibaka vs Love then I say Love over Ibaka

But also on defense no one can realistically guard LeBron unless you double up on LeBron

He won't stop Kyrie but the Raptors have good/ great perimeter defenders. Kyrie will get his points, so will LeBron. It's about stopping everyone else.

The Cavs will give up way more than the Bucks do so i don't think the Raps will have the same difficulty scoring.

Btw you're a Celtics fan, do you think the Celtics would have any chance? Based on your arguments, I'd be surprised if you think they do.

aman_13
04-29-2017, 08:03 PM
No disrespect to the Raps, as I think they beat Washington or Boston. But Cavs in 4. We just match up so well with them IMO.

I would be really disappointed if that happened but that's not an unrealistic prediction.

aman_13
04-29-2017, 08:07 PM
The Raps better hide Lowry defensively. If he gets caught on LeBron like Teague did, he will pick their defense apart. That's something to look out for in game 1.

Tg11
04-29-2017, 08:19 PM
DeRozan realistically can't stop LeBron either but at the same time that would be a key matchup sorta speak but DeMarre Carroll on LeBron honestly LeBron would take Carroll any day of the week but if the Raptors bring on Tucker as a defensive pest then the Raps realistically could have a chance but Tucker can he really stop LeBron or anyone else on Cleveland for that matter

aman_13
04-29-2017, 08:55 PM
DeRozan realistically can't stop LeBron either but at the same time that would be a key matchup sorta speak but DeMarre Carroll on LeBron honestly LeBron would take Carroll any day of the week but if the Raptors bring on Tucker as a defensive pest then the Raps realistically could have a chance but Tucker can he really stop LeBron or anyone else on Cleveland for that matter

The hope is the Raptors' ability to go 5 small will allow them to switch and recover quicker defensively. Tucker and Ibaka allow them to do that. That's something they were not able to do last yr or do it effectively.

Tg11
04-29-2017, 09:01 PM
With Tucker you would have to start him but if you do and you have Ibaka also on the floor then you have that defensive presence but then again Cleveland they also have a defensive presence in TT but also they have other threats off of their bench too

LanceUpperCut
04-29-2017, 09:03 PM
A lot needs to go right for the Raps but if those things happen then they have the team to beat them. Tucker and Carroll need to play one hell of a series against LBJ, the Raps need Lowry and DD to be at the top of there game and the 3pt shooting needs to be there for the Raps. I'd also say Casey needs to adjust to in game changes, he can't be out coached.

LanceUpperCut
04-29-2017, 09:04 PM
With Tucker you would have to start him but if you do and you have Ibaka also on the floor then you have that defensive presence but then again Cleveland they also have a defensive presence in TT but also they have other threats off of their bench too

I don't think TT is a defensive presence. If the Raps can slow down LBJ and make there shoots they have a chance.

aman_13
04-29-2017, 09:13 PM

Raptor fans have been calling for Tucker to start. You don't have to convince me on the Cavs having tons of weapons. It's a uphill climb for the Raptors.

WaDe03
04-29-2017, 09:21 PM
I don't think TT is a defensive presence. If the Raps can slow down LBJ and make there shoots they have a chance.

Good luck slowing down LBJ lol. Definitely easier said than done.

WaDe03
04-29-2017, 09:23 PM
Wouldn't be surprised with Cavs in 6 or 4 so I'll meet in the middle and go with Cavs in 5.

WaDe03
04-29-2017, 09:28 PM
With Wade knocked out I will root for LeBron the rest of the way, hopefully regardless of outcome this post season he will recruit Wade hard this summer. CP3 is in my top 5 favorite players but I would like to see him leave the Clips so I won't be rooting for them in game 7.

Also, why isn't this game tomorrow as opposed to the Wizards vs Celtics?

Tg11
04-29-2017, 09:34 PM
If the Cavs do end up getting shockingly eliminated by the Raptors then I could see LeBron recruiting Wade hard but even if the Cavs do win it all again then yeah LeBron either way is going to recruit Wade

aman_13
04-29-2017, 10:33 PM
With Wade knocked out I will root for LeBron the rest of the way, hopefully regardless of outcome this post season he will recruit Wade hard this summer. CP3 is in my top 5 favorite players but I would like to see him leave the Clips so I won't be rooting for them in game 7.

I was wondering the same thing.

lol, please
04-29-2017, 11:47 PM
They are certainly not anywhere close to a favorite. I think some people are tired of the LeBron narrative and want to see someone else go the finals. That's probably why we are seeing a couple predictions favoring the Raps.

It could be some people are tired of the narrative, but it could also be that some of us have been paying close attention to the Raptors for several seasons have noticed that they've gotten progressively better, and are a well built deep team that can, and will beat any team in the league on any given night.

Interesting take. If I were asked, I'd actually say pretty confidently that the Raptors match up really well with the Cavaliers.

FlashBolt
04-30-2017, 02:09 AM

Because of ratings. The time slot for this Wizards vs C's game has no competition whereas the Cavs vs Raptors will be going up against more competition. If you reversed it, no one would be watching the Wizards vs C's game.

Tg11
04-30-2017, 11:12 AM
Either way Raptors are not winning Game 1 tomorrow I mean that is a given

Pfeifer
04-30-2017, 11:34 AM
Either way Raptors are not winning Game 1 tomorrow I mean that is a given

Just like there was no way the Raps beat the Bucks. Although you obviously watch and are knowledgable your difinitive statements are asinine.

Tg11
04-30-2017, 11:37 AM
The Raptors are simply not in the Cavs' league and for you to think that they are is actually laughable considering the very big differences between Milwaukee and Cleveland...Milwaukee is a young team while Cleveland are not only the defending NBA Champions they are also a team of veterans but also a team that is better than the Raptors not only offensively but defensively as well

mike_noodles
04-30-2017, 11:39 AM
Cavs in 5 fellas.

Tg11
04-30-2017, 11:43 AM
Not even the Cavs in 5 it will be the Cavs more like the Cavs in 4 I am calling for a sweep

europagnpilgrim
04-30-2017, 12:57 PM
Not even the Cavs in 5 it will be the Cavs more like the Cavs in 4 I am calling for a sweep

Let me hear your reasoning for the Raptors winning 2 games last year, the only team to beat the Cavs out East during last years run, Ibaka/Tucker make them better equipped along with that surprise scoring from that bench player, I got the Cavs winning the series but not sweeping a team that was not as good last postseason and still took it to 6 games

I still got the Cavs in 6 but I feel most of the games will be tight since we all know the Cavs can outscore the Raps but I think the Raps team defense is better so that will make the series worth while

Toxeryll
04-30-2017, 02:13 PM
The Raptors are simply not in the Cavs' league and for you to think that they are is actually laughable considering the very big differences between Milwaukee and Cleveland...Milwaukee is a young team while Cleveland are not only the defending NBA Champions they are also a team of veterans but also a team that is better than the Raptors not only offensively but defensively as well

LOL sure. All i know is youre the guy who posted the raps dont have a chance against the Bucks.

R. Johnson#3
04-30-2017, 02:55 PM
Raps shock the World and take it in 7 :D

Raps18-19 Champ
04-30-2017, 05:12 PM
Raptors struggled with Giannis. Gotta think Lebron has a field day.

lol, please
04-30-2017, 05:23 PM

Raptors struggled with Giannis. Gotta think Lebron has a field day.

They can let Lebron get his and still win, shutting down everyone else on the floor. Raptors are better defensively and are a deeper overall team.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-30-2017, 05:24 PM
They can let Lebron get his and still win, shutting down everyone else on the floor. Raptors are better defensively and are a deeper overall team.

Sure but they struggled to do that against hte Bucks either. I'm sure they'll make it competitive but not sure if they can close out 4 wins.

archdevil84
04-30-2017, 09:26 PM
lebron can do whatever he wants on vs the raptors. Nobody can stop him. Cavs just have to hit their shots and its all said and done

Jamiecballer
04-30-2017, 09:27 PM
Cavs in 7

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

krazylegz
04-30-2017, 10:18 PM
Cavs in 7

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

sounds about right

zn23
05-01-2017, 12:13 AM
I'm not looking forward to this one. I'd say Cavs in 5 or 6.

LanceUpperCut
05-01-2017, 08:35 AM
lebron can do whatever he wants on vs the raptors. Nobody can stop him. Cavs just have to hit their shots and its all said and done

Nobody can stop LBJ but Tucker-PP-Carroll is a nice combo to try anyway.

Yanks All Day
05-01-2017, 09:48 AM
Raptors get Game 3 at home, but Cleveland takes 1, 2, 4, and 5.

To me, if Serge Ibaka steps up, this becomes a more interesting series. He provides the same floor spacing that Kevin Love and Channing Frye give the Cavs, but with a much better defensive presence. If he can give you 15 points and 8 rebounds per night while helping to run Love/Frye off the 3 point line, the Raptors have a shot. But if he's a marginal player and Cleveland hits their 3s, there's just no way Lowry and DeRozan keep up on their own.

Quick thing to remember: as talented as Toronto is, the Cavs have not been a good matchup for them. Cleveland beat them in the playoffs last year by a margin of 15 ppg in the wins. This year, Toronto was 1-3 against Cleveland, and the 1 win was in the season finale where the Cavs didn't play anyone. I think Toronto has clearly gotten better, and Cleveland hasn't really cared about defense enough to show if they've gotten better or worse, but as long as the Cavs are healthy, you just can't pick against them.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2017, 10:14 AM
Raptors get Game 3 at home, but Cleveland takes 1, 2, 4, and 5.

To me, if Serge Ibaka steps up, this becomes a more interesting series. He provides the same floor spacing that Kevin Love and Channing Frye give the Cavs, but with a much better defensive presence. If he can give you 15 points and 8 rebounds per night while helping to run Love/Frye off the 3 point line, the Raptors have a shot. But if he's a marginal player and Cleveland hits their 3s, there's just no way Lowry and DeRozan keep up on their own.

Quick thing to remember: as talented as Toronto is, the Cavs have not been a good matchup for them. Cleveland beat them in the playoffs last year by a margin of 15 ppg in the wins. This year, Toronto was 1-3 against Cleveland, and the 1 win was in the season finale where the Cavs didn't play anyone. I think Toronto has clearly gotten better, and Cleveland hasn't really cared about defense enough to show if they've gotten better or worse, but as long as the Cavs are healthy, you just can't pick against them.

I know everyone looks at Toronto and gets excited about the additions of Ibaka and Tucker, and it has made Toronto better, but I'm not sure it makes them better vs. Cleveland.

Biyombo annihilated the Cavs on the rebounds and is one of the guys TT struggles against. He had like 25 rebounds in one game? He also did a fantastic job at disrupting the drives of LeBron. He was a menace last year.

LeBron is obviously the catalyst. As long as you are able to slow him down, you can **** up our offense because our shooters won't really be able to contribute as much.

I've watched Tucker guard LeBron this year for Phoenix and he didn't do good. And the problem with today's NBA is... let's say Tucker CAN guard LeBron well... LeBron is just gonna call the PnR and get another defender switched onto him.

It's SO hard to stop LeBron and you'd think by 2017 people would know that. There's just no way I see the Raptors winning this series, and if they play the Cavs like they did Milwaukee then I see a sweep.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2017, 10:24 AM
Here's what I think Toronto needs to do:

1. Feed Valanciunas in the middle of the paint as I think he causes matchup problems. TT can't guard him and TT struggles to rebound well against him sometimes.

2. I'd like to see Lowry do a clearout and put Kyrie on an island sometimes. Kyrie's not gonna defend well and if he gets mad he'll defend with more intensity, but that's when Lowry could get some fouls on him.

3. DeRozan needs to find his spots on the floor.

4. Tucker needs to play underneath the PnR if he's guarding LeBron. Don't switch. Don't trap. Don't hedge. LeBron's gonna eat the defense alive if you do that. Make LeBron shoot (yeah, I realize ALL YEAR LeBron has been killing it from long range but this is what you gotta live with). Tucker's gotta be ready to cut off any sharp drives to the rim.

I mean, there's really not much you can do against LeBron unless you have a unique team with a bunch of good defenders that can switch onto LeBron (like GS).

5. Lowry + DeRozan needs to attack and keep attacking. You beat Cleveland's defense in the paint.

cmellofan15
05-01-2017, 11:36 AM
Cavs in 5. They have way too much offensive firepower for Toronto to keep up.

aman_13
05-01-2017, 12:23 PM
I know everyone looks at Toronto and gets excited about the additions of Ibaka and Tucker, and it has made Toronto better, but I'm not sure it makes them better vs. Cleveland.

Biyombo annihilated the Cavs on the rebounds and is one of the guys TT struggles against. He had like 25 rebounds in one game? He also did a fantastic job at disrupting the drives of LeBron. He was a menace last year.

LeBron is obviously the catalyst. As long as you are able to slow him down, you can **** up our offense because our shooters won't really be able to contribute as much.

I've watched Tucker guard LeBron this year for Phoenix and he didn't do good. And the problem with today's NBA is... let's say Tucker CAN guard LeBron well... LeBron is just gonna call the PnR and get another defender switched onto him.

It's SO hard to stop LeBron and you'd think by 2017 people would know that. There's just no way I see the Raptors winning this series, and if they play the Cavs like they did Milwaukee then I see a sweep.[/QUOTE]

This 1000.

I believe Tucker has enough strength to force LeBron to stop his dribble and give the Raptors time to recover on pass outs. He will not do it consistently of course, but at least give the Raps a fighting chance. The problem is LeBron will just create a switch. I really hope Casey is prepared for this.

Lowry has to be on the weakside and I think it's essential for Ibaka to start at center. I think the Raps should start Tucker as well.

Lowry, DD, Tucker, Carroll and Ibaka is how I would play it to start the game.

aman_13
05-01-2017, 12:25 PM
PSD app is broken. I wasn't able to quote that post properly.

smith&wesson
05-01-2017, 01:08 PM
The raptors don't just have to beat lebron.. theyre up against the refs too.

mnatiq
05-01-2017, 01:13 PM
Im a raps fan and I say cavs in 5, best case for raps would be cavs in 6. Raps are all over the place, sometimes they seem GOAT and then 2 mins later they forget how to play.

smith&wesson
05-01-2017, 01:15 PM

It's SO hard to stop LeBron and you'd think by 2017 people would know that. There's just no way I see the Raptors winning this series, and if they play the Cavs like they did Milwaukee then I see a sweep.

This 1000.

I believe Tucker has enough strength to force LeBron to stop his dribble and give the Raptors time to recover on pass outs. He will not do it consistently of course, but at least give the Raps a fighting chance. The problem is LeBron will just create a switch. I really hope Casey is prepared for this.

Lowry has to be on the weakside and I think it's essential for Ibaka to start at center. I think the Raps should start Tucker as well.

Lowry, DD, Tucker, Carroll and Ibaka is how I would play it to start the game.[/QUOTE]

I'd stick with Powell as a starter.. he opens things up for the Lowry and Derozan.. If anything I'd sit Carroll and have Tucker start over him

mnatiq
05-01-2017, 01:16 PM

ooohhh absolutely right. From all the major sports I think NBA refs are the worst.

FlashBolt
05-01-2017, 01:20 PM
These guys talking about Tucker guarding LeBron like he's Kawhi.. Stop. LeBron will exploit Tucker. And Tucker sucks offensively. He'll be a liability for them. You'll see.

FlashBolt
05-01-2017, 01:23 PM
ooohhh absolutely right. From all the major sports I think NBA refs are the worst.

That's because NBA is the toughest sport to officiate. The game moves so damn quick that it's almost impossible to see what's going on. You have ten guys on the court moving and reaching for the ball and have to make a decision in seconds.

MLB is probably the easiest game to officiate.
NFL is difficult but they are VERY lenient on practically everything. Unless it's excessive, there is not much to officiate other than certain calls.
NHL, they let you kill people inside that arena.

I wouldn't want to be an NBA referee but I respect the job they do. It's difficult having to deal with 20+ NBA personalities with coaches and fans yelling at you while trying to get every call correct. It's easy to be a ref when you're at home with your angle that can see everything and with replays/Instagram doing all the work for ya but refs don't have that ability.

smith&wesson
05-01-2017, 01:52 PM
These guys talking about Tucker guarding LeBron like he's Kawhi.. Stop. LeBron will exploit Tucker. And Tucker sucks offensively. He'll be a liability for them. You'll see.

Tucker, Carroll, Powell, and Ibaka are our best defenders... there's no one player who can stop LeBron, but all of those guys will have a hand in guarding him..

aman_13
05-01-2017, 02:20 PM
null

I would start Carroll for defensive purposes, just so there is a little more strength on defensive switches.

aman_13
05-01-2017, 02:26 PM

How so? No one is stopping LeBron and i don't think anyone said Tucker will. It's about trying to slow him down enough for the Raps to stay in it.

Also slowing down LeBron doesn't just mean impeding him from scoring too much, but also disrupting his pass outs, which is what makes him so great.

aman_13
05-01-2017, 02:28 PM
The Raptors are a very reactive team. I can see them getting blown out tonight, and providing a better matchup in game 2. Of course the Raps never win game 1 either.

tredigs
05-01-2017, 02:36 PM
The Raptors are a very reactive team. I can see them getting blown out tonight, and providing a better matchup in game 2. Of course the Raps never win game 1 either.

It's insane how the Raptors never win game 1. When was the last time they actually have, a decade or so ago? Have they ever? Legitimate question. And it creates a massive disadvantage for them. You're basically asking them to win 4 of 6 over Cleveland in that scenario. Not an easy task even if this Cleveland team has their serious chinks in the armor.

FlashBolt
05-01-2017, 02:47 PM
How so? No one is stopping LeBron and i don't think anyone said Tucker will. It's about trying to slow him down enough for the Raps to stay in it.

Also slowing down LeBron doesn't just mean impeding him from scoring too much, but also disrupting his pass outs, which is what makes him so great.

Because there is no evidence P.J. Tucker can guard LeBron. Saying he can slow him down is laughable because he hasn't shown he can in any sense. LeBron puts up better numbers against P.J. Tucker than he normally averages. I'm not sure where this idea that he can do something because he's "muscular and witty" comes from but it will end up being hilarious once again. Now, if you're talking about a guy like Iguodala, I'll give you that. But Tucker has shown NOTHING.

aman_13
05-01-2017, 03:03 PM
It's insane how the Raptors never win game 1. When was the last time they actually have, a decade or so ago? Have they ever? Legitimate question. And it creates a massive disadvantage for them. You're basically asking them to win 4 of 6 over Cleveland in that scenario. Not an easy task even if this Cleveland team has their serious chinks in the armor.

Never lol

aman_13
05-01-2017, 03:10 PM
Because there is no evidence P.J. Tucker can guard LeBron. Saying he can slow him down is laughable because he hasn't shown he can in any sense. LeBron puts up better numbers against P.J. Tucker than he normally averages. I'm not sure where this idea that he can do something because he's "muscular and witty" comes from but it will end up being hilarious once again. Now, if you're talking about a guy like Iguodala, I'll give you that. But Tucker has shown NOTHING.

Your posts always seem to be fixated on indivdual numbers. Tucker played for the Suns. Why compare him to what he did on that team when they haven't been a good defensive team in who knows how long? I'm considering team defense - packing the paint and playing on a string. That's how the Raptors defend. They have players better suited to play that style.

FlashBolt
05-01-2017, 03:12 PM
You're post always seem to be fixated on indivdual numbers. Tucker played for the Suns. Why compare him to what he did on that team when they haven't been a good defensive team in who knows how long? I'm considering team defense - packing the paint and playing on a string. That's how the Raptors defend. They have players better suited to play that style.

It's not fixated on numbers at all but I just threw that out there in case someone wanted to know. The point is, Tucker can't slow LeBron down the way you guys seem to think he can. The only way Raptors win is by defense. There is nothing they have for LeBron. Not the slightest. The only guy they had was frickin Biyombo.

lol, please
05-01-2017, 03:21 PM
It's not fixated on numbers at all but I just threw that out there in case someone wanted to know. The point is, Tucker can't slow LeBron down the way you guys seem to think he can. The only way Raptors win is by defense. There is nothing they have for LeBron. Not the slightest. The only guy they had was frickin Biyombo.

Defense is what may win them the series if we rank in order of importance, but you act as if the Raptors are offensively inept, when the reality is they can shoot the Cavaliers off the court easily.

Gotta love how people hang their hats on "oh, lowry and derozan won't show up" because of some past playoff performances or lack therof, instead of the torrent of offense they are capable of.

It's been stated time and again that you don't need to shut lebron down to beat a team with lebron on it anyway, lol @ that being some check-mate in an arguement over who wins in a series.

lol, please
05-01-2017, 03:24 PM

Why would the refs favor the Cavaliers? A finals matchup between the Warriors and Raptors is a gold mine, from a revenue perspective. The most popular team in the league against the soon-to-be media darlings and the whole Canada market and then some? No brainer.

aman_13
05-01-2017, 03:28 PM

What way do you think I'm implying? I said LeBron will get his points. He's the best player in the world. Irving will as well. It's about stopping everyone else.

And we agree with the bolded.

aman_13
05-01-2017, 03:31 PM
Why would the refs favor the Cavaliers? A finals matchup between the Warriors and Raptors is a gold mine, from a revenue perspective. The most popular team in the league against the soon-to-be media darlings and the whole Canada market and then some? No brainer.

The NBA doesn't benefit from Canadian ratings.

TheDish87
05-01-2017, 03:53 PM
I don't understand why you and lol,please always think this. There's literally no logic to it.

bcuz on the off chance they are right they can brag about it. but when it doesnt happen itll be forgotten about pretty fast and they can ignore it.

mnatiq
05-01-2017, 05:00 PM
That's because NBA is the toughest sport to officiate. The game moves so damn quick that it's almost impossible to see what's going on. You have ten guys on the court moving and reaching for the ball and have to make a decision in seconds.

MLB is probably the easiest game to officiate.
NFL is difficult but they are VERY lenient on practically everything. Unless it's excessive, there is not much to officiate other than certain calls.
NHL, they let you kill people inside that arena.

I wouldn't want to be an NBA referee but I respect the job they do. It's difficult having to deal with 20+ NBA personalities with coaches and fans yelling at you while trying to get every call correct. It's easy to be a ref when you're at home with your angle that can see everything and with replays/Instagram doing all the work for ya but refs don't have that ability.

Nope, NBA refs are bias towards great players, that being said getting the right call in whichever sport is hard. Don't care too much to explain but I think NHL is the hardest because as you said the game moves so damn quick (a lot faster then nba) and has less stops as in basketball, a lot more back and forth without stoppage (NBA: stoppage after every bucket). Also because as you said NHL allows a lot more physical contact so getting the right call is a lot harder.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Cavs in 6.

aman_13
05-01-2017, 06:45 PM
Nope, NBA refs are bias towards great players, that being said getting the right call in whichever sport is hard. Don't care too much to explain but I think NHL is the hardest because as you said the game moves so damn quick (a lot faster then nba) and has less stops as in basketball, a lot more back and forth without stoppage (NBA: stoppage after every bucket). Also because as you said NHL allows a lot more physical contact so getting the right call is a lot harder.

I disagree with the NHL being more difficult. The NHL is not easy but there are many more gray areas in the NBA. I would say the NBA is the most difficult, but you can easily make a case for the NFL as well.

Heediot
05-01-2017, 06:53 PM
Cavs might start out slower with the long rest, but they will overtake the Raps and win game 1.

WaDe03
05-01-2017, 06:53 PM
I don't know a bigger Cavs fan than me, not Vee-Rex, not Prodigy, not Arch Stanton, not Flashbolt, not MTM, etc.

Let's go Cavs!

archdevil84
05-01-2017, 07:25 PM
holy **** what a subtle flop from TT. He got me, i thought it was a flagrant lol

aman_13
05-01-2017, 07:30 PM
I understand the Raps falling behind like this because they are the Cavs but my goodness, can the Raps hit some open shots?

WaDe03
05-01-2017, 07:31 PM
Well it is the Raptors and it is game 1 of a playoff series so this was to be expected lol. Raptors series don't start until after game 1

FlashBolt
05-01-2017, 07:34 PM
I don't know how LeBron did that dunk off the backboard. That is such an awkward motion.

WaDe03
05-01-2017, 07:37 PM
I don't know how LeBron did that dunk off the backboard. That is such an awkward motion.

I like he always catches them awkward off the board for some reason

WaDe03
05-01-2017, 07:39 PM
Man I would love to see Wade on this Cavs team next year. Get it done LeGM. Wade will shoot 35%+ from 3 next year, remember this post

aman_13
05-01-2017, 07:39 PM
Well it is the Raptors and it is game 1 of a playoff series so this was to be expected lol. Raptors series don't start until after game 1

Lol so true.

aman_13
05-01-2017, 07:56 PM
So LeBron has yet to come off the court in this game.

bucketss
05-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Patrick patterson is so frustrating lol even when he does good he helps the other team. anyways we cant afford bricking these open shots.

aman_13
05-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Some mind boggling turnovers.

Heediot
05-01-2017, 08:09 PM
So LeBron has yet to come off the court in this game.

End of the first he was out.

Pfeifer
05-01-2017, 08:17 PM
If the Raps bench can hit some shots this could be a series

aman_13
05-01-2017, 08:18 PM
End of the first he was out.

Oh okay. Missed that.

lol, please
05-01-2017, 08:30 PM
Just got home, but caught the first half on the way back from work.

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:drunk:

#TheyTheNorth

Yanks All Day
05-01-2017, 08:35 PM
I don't think LeBron has broken a sweat yet. Toronto has done absolutely nothing to make his life even remotely difficult. That's certainly not a recipe for success.

lol, please
05-01-2017, 08:41 PM
Tucker!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG 3!!!

Let's goooooo

aman_13
05-01-2017, 08:48 PM
Yeah this game is over.

lol, please
05-01-2017, 08:51 PM
Ugly quarter by the Raptors, and the Cavaliers hit everything. My level of concern is still 0%. 1 quarter, in the first of 7 games.

The one-game overreactions on PSD will quickly become unbearable though while we wait for game 2, if they don't come back to win it.

lol, please
05-01-2017, 08:51 PM
Yeah this game is over.
12 mins left and the Raptors have the most comebacks in the league this season iirc. It isn't over til it's over.

lol, please
05-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Powell has ice in his veins.

lol, please
05-01-2017, 08:55 PM
8-0 run by the Raptors. Ish just got real.

Heediot
05-01-2017, 08:57 PM
Tucker needs to be more aware of his feet thats two treys reduced to two tonight.

lol, please
05-01-2017, 09:02 PM
Who is tihs kid #55 for the Raptors....I love his game thus far, his awareness, his explosiveness, the way he changes speeds.

lol, please
05-01-2017, 09:02 PM
bad call, but no surprise either.

lol, please
05-01-2017, 09:04 PM
Credit to Lowry for stepping it up today. Sadly DeRozan has been quiet but he's also been getting double-teamed most of the game.

Heediot
05-01-2017, 09:12 PM
They have no answer for James. He has been lights put these playoffs. Getting closer to GOAT status at this rate lol.

lol, please
05-01-2017, 09:15 PM
Some of these "fouls" are ridiculous :laugh2:

Just wow

IKnowHoops
05-01-2017, 09:34 PM
Same Bron different year. When will you doubters learn. See ya in the finals.

lol, please
05-01-2017, 09:35 PM
A lot to criticize the Raptors for, sloppy turnovers, going for that extra pass after some good ball movement and turning it over...making no effort to get offensive boards...

but many positives to take away from this game as well. Great ball movement, good looks that just weren't falling, the role players played well, if DeRozan can have himself a game, and shots that were literally going in and out actually stay in and go down, it goes down to the wire easy.

It's also game 1 and in Cleveland. Raptors will be fine.

BIG games from Lowry, Powell, and Ibaka. Valanciunas was awful.

aman_13
05-01-2017, 09:45 PM
I'll say this, the Cavs defense isn't very good. The Raptors will have to score in this series. They can't stop them.

FlashBolt
05-01-2017, 09:53 PM
I'll say this, the Cavs defense isn't very good. The Raptors will have to score in this series. They can't stop them.

I think they're saving it for the Warriors. I don't have any evidence supporting it but it seems that they know they can do the bare minimum and get the win. It doesn't seem like any of them is interested in defending at all. I don't think Cavs are using Korver enough. I would like to see him get some more meaningful minutes.

IKnowHoops
05-01-2017, 09:53 PM
A lot to criticize the Raptors for, sloppy turnovers, going for that extra pass after some good ball movement and turning it over...making no effort to get offensive boards...

but many positives to take away from this game as well. Great ball movement, good looks that just weren't falling, the role players played well, if DeRozan can have himself a game, and shots that were literally going in and out actually stay in and go down, it goes down to the wire easy.

It's also game 1 and in Cleveland. Raptors will be fine.

BIG games from Lowry, Powell, and Ibaka. Valanciunas was awful.

Raptors will be fine? Like not suicidal after the are eliminated fine?

lol, please
05-01-2017, 10:01 PM
Raptors will be fine? Like not suicidal after the are eliminated fine?

Raptors will be in the ECF.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2017, 10:07 PM
I think the Cavs defense played well with good trapping and forcing turnovers. We settled on Ibaka getting some open looks early on. When he went Stephen Curry we cut off those looks.

We settled with Tucker getting open looks in the 2nd half. When he went Stephen Curry we cut off those looks.

That's not bad defense - that's making the opponent run their offense through roleplayers.

Toronto's offense is just 20th century, man. Derozan shoot nothing but contested shots.

Contested shot
Drive in and try to draw a foul.

Wash, rinse, repeat. That's their offense. Powell slammed his arm into Love's balls trying to act like he was shooting on the foul.

They have NO ONE to guard LeBron. Tucker can't hold his jockstrap.

If you noticed Casey tested a lineup in the 4th that they ran against Milwaukee with Lowry, Powell, Derozan, Tucker, and Ibaka. It didn't work because none of them can guard LeBron. He ISO'ed Derozan each time.

Idk... I don't see how anyone who watched that game can sleep on the Cavs vs. the East. Toronto doesn't have enough talent offensively and defensively.

lol, please
05-01-2017, 10:11 PM
I think the Cavs defense played well with good trapping and forcing turnovers. We settled on Ibaka getting some open looks early on. When he went Stephen Curry we cut off those looks.

We settled with Tucker getting open looks in the 2nd half. When he went Stephen Curry we cut off those looks.

That's not bad defense - that's making the opponent run their offense through roleplayers.

Toronto's offense is just 20th century, man. Derozan shoot nothing but contested shots.

Contested shot

Wash, rinse, repeat. That's their offense. Powell slammed his arm into Love's balls trying to act like he was shooting on the foul.

If you noticed Casey tested a lineup in the 4th that they ran against Milwaukee with Lowry, Powell, Derozan, Tucker, and Ibaka. It didn't work because none of them can guard LeBron. He ISO'ed Derozan each time.

Idk... I don't see how anyone who watched that game can sleep on the Cavs vs. the East. Toronto doesn't have enough talent offensively and defensively.

You do realize the Raptors were missing open looks all game? And Derozan had a quiet night and didn't even get to the line much?

It's not about stopping Lebron. It's about letting him get his, stopping everyone else, and outscoring everyone else. The Raptors are built to beat the Cavaliers - they just need to pull their head out of their *** and get it done. Less turnovers and silly mistakes, and hit the shots you take.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Toronto scored a lot of points in garbage time (about 13 points in the final 2 minutes). It was a 20 point blowout. Once I get time I'll see if I can pull up relevant stats to show that Cleveland's defense wasn't bad at all.

krazylegz
05-01-2017, 10:15 PM
You do realize the Raptors were missing open looks all game? And Derozan had a quiet night and didn't even get to the line much?

It's not about stopping Lebron. It's about letting him get his, stopping everyone else, and outscoring everyone else. The Raptors are built to beat the Cavaliers - they just need to pull their head out of their *** and get it done. Less turnovers and silly mistakes, and hit the shots you take.

lol,your a delusional

FlashBolt
05-01-2017, 10:17 PM
1) DeRozan didn't show up? It's the norm he doesn't show up. Lowry showed up and that's something he RARELY does.
2) I don't think there was any sense of worry at all. Cavs can turn it up in spurts if they need to. Pacers might be the tougher series just because the Raptors are a team of softies. They shrivel up when the going gets tough.
3) You don't let LeBron get his.. he gets it anyways. And so does Kyrie. Raptors have no one to stop how the Cavs play. Their best shot was a frontcourt rebounder/shot blocker. They lost that with Biyombo. This is a sweep.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2017, 10:20 PM

Open looks? Who? 2pat? CoJo? Those aren't guys who consistently knock down shots.

Lowry was given virtually NO open shots. Zero. Derozan was given virtually NO open shots (except threes because he suck at them). Zero.

It was sound defense to let the weaker Raps shooters carry them and if shaky 3point shooters like Tucker weren't Stephen Curry incarnate then that could've been a 30 point blowout.

Derozan had a quiet night because the Cavs trapped him the entire game. Were you not paying attention?

On the other hand, who got a lot of open threes for the Cavs? JR, Love, Kyrie, Frye, Korver - all above 40% 3pt shooting. And not all of them shot as well as they could have.

Raps are gonna need STRONG adjustments or it's gonna be an easy sweep.

FlashBolt
05-01-2017, 10:22 PM
Open looks? Who? 2pat? CoJo? Those aren't guys who consistently knock down shots.

Lowry was given virtually NO open shots. Zero. Derozan was given virtually NO open shots (except threes because he suck at them). Zero.

It was sound defense to let the weaker Raps shooters carry them and if shaky 3point shooters like Tucker weren't Stephen Curry incarnate then that could've been a 30 point blowout.

Derozan had a quiet night because the Cavs trapped him the entire game. Were you not paying attention?

On the other hand, who got a lot of open threes for the Cavs? JR, Love, Kyrie, Frye, Korver - all above 40% 3pt shooting. And not all of them shot as well as they could have.

He's been brainwashed by too many Warriors games that he thinks players should all pull up from three and knock them down time after time. He doesn't understand that the Raptors are not that team and that they lack any legitimate reliability in their stars.

ewing
05-01-2017, 10:22 PM
Cavs played an excellent. The raps did give effort but were out classed tonight. I do feel at some point when you are getting out class and Bron is dancing with the rock doing whatever he want you have to give a hard foul.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Cavs trapped Derozan and Lowry virtually every play for 48 minutes and still closed out on shooters when the ball swung around. It resulted in some open shots by inconsistent shooters which is good.

Sorry but that was not a bad defensive game at all.

LeBron was anchoring both sides of the ball and snagging rebounds. Kyrie had a good game and got 10 assists.

ewing
05-01-2017, 10:26 PM

Contested shot

settle down everyone know the Cavs are good and the overwhelming favorites to come out of the East. we can still hold out a little hope. that said you are right that the Rap don't play the type of offense that has hurt the Cavs the most. They need there size to show up in addition to there play makers. Tonight i didn't notice an interior advantage at all

lol, please
05-01-2017, 10:26 PM

Cavaliers did a good job doubling up DeRozan but he won't be denied again this series, this Raptors team can turn it up quick as we saw against the Bucks. Everyone wants to talk about no one can stop Lebron but who can really stop DeRozan when he goes off?

archdevil84
05-01-2017, 10:27 PM
lol @ raptors will be fine... how can you be so delusional as to think the raptors will breeze to the ECF?

Vee-Rex
05-01-2017, 10:28 PM
Cavs played an excellent. The raps did give effort but were out classed tonight. I do feel at some point when you are getting out class and Bron is dancing with the rock doing whatever he want you have to give a hard foul.

Yeah, Bron was clowning at the end a bit. He was literally unstoppable... can't really criticize the Raps on that. They're facing a top 2 player of all time who has been in GOAT-mode the whole playoffs so far.

archdevil84
05-01-2017, 10:29 PM
Cavaliers did a good job doubling up DeRozan but he won't be denied again this series, this Raptors team can turn it up quick as we saw against the Bucks. Everyone wants to talk about no one can stop Lebron but who can really stop DeRozan when he goes off?

lebron? lol

lol, please
lol @ raptors will be fine... how can you be so delusional as to think the raptors will breeze to the ECF?
They won't breeze through anything, but half the problem is they make things difficult on themselves. They can pull themselves out of it as quickly as they can get themselves in a hole, and this will the be season the Raptors turn the corner and prove they are the better team and represent the East.

Vee-Rex
settle down everyone know the Cavs are good and the overwhelming favorites to come out of the East. we can still hold out a little hope. that said you are right that the Rap don't play the type of offense that has hurt the Cavs the most. They need there size to show up in addition to there play makers. Tonight i didn't notice an interior advantage at all

Everyone don't know. Y'all sleepin! :P

krazylegz
05-01-2017, 10:30 PM

because hes also a niner,and athletics fan

lol, please
05-01-2017, 10:46 PM
because hes also a niner,and athletics fan

Giants fan dude ;)

ewing
05-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Yeah, Bron was clowning at the end a bit. He was literally unstoppable... can't really criticize the Raps on that. They're facing a top 2 player of all time who has been in GOAT-mode the whole playoffs so far.

yeah, i can. knock him down. with this offensive LeBron bullies everyone. you aren't gonna stop him but knock him down a couple times.

FlashBolt
05-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Lebron has logged in 50,000 minutes in the playoffs, is age 32, has been in six straight NBA Finals, played the most minutes in the regular season, does the most in every game (besides Westy), and still plays more minutes than people 5-7 years younger than him. This guy is a total machine. He's never been injured, too. What the hell? How is this guy THAT durable?

ewing
05-01-2017, 10:50 PM
Lebron has logged in 50,000 minutes in the playoffs, is age 32, has been in six straight NBA Finals, played the most minutes in the regular season, does the most in every game (besides Westy), and still plays more minutes than people 5-7 years younger than him. This guy is a total machine. He's never been injured, too. What the hell? How is this guy THAT durable?

he's a beast. i honestly think this is him at his best. On offensive he fits this team perfect and is making great decisions. i'd start hacking the **** out him :)

aman_13
05-01-2017, 11:03 PM
It's a uphill climb for the Raptors but Lowry had more space against the Cavs than he did against the Bucks. Yeah they did a great job with their traps but that's what the Bucks did as well. I mean the difference is night and day between both defenses.

With that said, I agree with Vee about how the Raptors played. They play a style setup to lose against the Cavs. A lot has to go right for them to have any chance. Hopefully we some competitive games.

FlashBolt
05-01-2017, 11:06 PM
It's a uphill climb for the Raptors but Lowry had more space against the Cavs than he did against the Bucks. Yeah they did a great job with their traps but that's what the Bucks did as well. I mean the difference is night and day between both defenses.

With that said, I agree with Vee about how the Raptors played. They play a style setup to lose against the Cavs. A lot has to go right for them to have any chance. Hopefully we some competitive games.

It's very simple: You beat the Cavs by having players that are good enough to overcome LeBron. Raptors don't have that. You can't depend on a guy like Lowry or P.J Tucker to do anything. This LeBron we're watching only loses to the Warriors. It's really that simple. No one or two players is enough to overcome the effectiveness of LeBron. There's too much to cover and not enough margin of safety. You have to play a perfect game and that doesn't happen if you have a team like the Raptors.

aman_13
05-01-2017, 11:07 PM
I think they're saving it for the Warriors. I don't have any evidence supporting it but it seems that they know they can do the bare minimum and get the win. It doesn't seem like any of them is interested in defending at all. I don't think Cavs are using Korver enough. I would like to see him get some more meaningful minutes.

Yeah maybe. They just have too many players that a team like the Warriors can exploit.

I'll be rooting for the Cavs. I'd love to see LeBron take them down but i don't see it right now. I could be wrong, can't doubt LeBron.

Yanks All Day
05-01-2017, 11:08 PM
That was actually a pretty physically imposing defensive game by Cleveland. Toronto got it to around 9 a few times, and every time the Cavs pushed it back to 20. DeRozan and Lowry were pretty much silent all game. Defense was flying around and made Toronto play Cleveland's game.

No matter how you saw that game, it was total domination by the Cavs. Clearly Toronto has no answer for LeBron.

There's 2 ways this series can go even 6 games: 1) LeBron gets hurt. Or 2) DeRozan and Lowry have all-time great series at the same time. Neither is likely.

aman_13
05-01-2017, 11:08 PM
It's very simple: You beat the Cavs by having players that are good enough to overcome LeBron. Raptors don't have that. You can't depend on a guy like Lowry or P.J Tucker to do anything. This LeBron we're watching only loses to the Warriors. It's really that simple. No one or two players is enough to overcome the effectiveness of LeBron. There's too much to cover and not enough margin of safety. You have to play a perfect game and that doesn't happen if you have a team like the Raptors.

I agree, It's incredibly difficult.

bucketss
05-01-2017, 11:13 PM
That was actually a pretty physically imposing defensive game by Cleveland. Toronto got it to around 9 a few times, and every time the Cavs pushed it back to 20. DeRozan and Lowry were pretty much silent all game. Defense was flying around and made Toronto play Cleveland's game.

No matter how you saw that game, it was total domination by the Cavs. Clearly Toronto has no answer for LeBron.

There's 2 ways this series can go even 6 games: 1) LeBron gets hurt. Or 2) DeRozan and Lowry have all-time great series at the same time. Neither is likely.

their defense looked good because toronto kept missing open shots

Vee-Rex
05-01-2017, 11:59 PM
Btw Lowry had a good game. He gets his props. I think he'll have to be a little more assertive to help Toronto win but you can't really ask too much more if he's trapped all game.

He was also a bulldog on defense especially on Kyrie. Kyrie had a good game too so if you just look at box numbers you'd never be able to tell that Lowry was bothering him (particularly on screens which caused some turnovers).

Tg11
05-02-2017, 09:03 AM
I told all of you Raptor fans I told you so and yesterday's game proved that the Raptors are not in the Cavs' league

I mean Toronto simply put does not have an answer for LeBron

Not to mention Toronto all game was getting outplayed not only offensively but defensively too

Heediot
05-02-2017, 09:54 AM
Btw Lowry had a good game. He gets his props. I think he'll have to be a little more assertive to help Toronto win but you can't really ask too much more if he's trapped all game.

He was also a bulldog on defense especially on Kyrie. Kyrie had a good game too so if you just look at box numbers you'd never be able to tell that Lowry was bothering him (particularly on screens which caused some turnovers).

Lowry had a solid series last year vs. the Cavs also. Maybe that's one team he knows how to attack with weaker starting backcourt defenders and lack of a true rim protector. DD played solid vs. the Cavs last year too. I think the Raps would be lucky to pull off one Victory at the ACC.

Looks like the Cavs might be even more rested this year heading to the finals vs. last year. I've said it at the end of the season, it's going to be a cake walk to the finals and all that talk about them struggling at the finish of the season is overstated. Although Warriors the way they are constructed will be too much for them this year.

FlashBolt
05-02-2017, 10:12 AM
Lowry had a solid series last year vs. the Cavs also. Maybe that's one team he knows how to attack with weaker starting backcourt defenders and lack of a true rim protector. DD played solid vs. the Cavs last year too. I think the Raps would be lucky to pull off one Victory at the ACC.

Looks like the Cavs might be even more rested this year heading to the finals vs. last year. I've said it at the end of the season, it's going to be a cake walk to the finals and all that talk about them struggling at the finish of the season is overstated. Although Warriors the way they are constructed will be too much for them this year.

He actually didn't. He had three games that were just awful. In the playoffs, that's enough to lose the series.

Vee-Rex
05-02-2017, 11:01 AM
He actually didn't. He had three games that were just awful. In the playoffs, that's enough to lose the series.

I agree. Having 3 good games and 3 truly awful games as the best'ish/lead player on your team is how you lose in the playoffs.

Heediot
05-02-2017, 12:49 PM

LOL, true true. For Lowry 3/6 is a good series :p

aman_13
05-02-2017, 12:59 PM
Btw the Raptors are 1-12 all time in game 1. Tre was asking yesterday.

Vee-Rex
05-02-2017, 01:45 PM
I'm having a hard time coming up with adjustments the Raps could make. Lineup-wise, perhaps they'd do better inserting Tucker into the starting lineup?

They tried to run the Lowry/Powell/DD/Tucker/Ibaka lineup that killed Milwaukee on the Cavs, and it resulted in the Cavs posting up DD every time, with LeBron getting a spin/baseline dunk.

Even if the Raps make a nice adjustment, LeBron's BBIQ is just savage, man. I feel like I'm witnessing the smartest player EVER. He does it on both ends. I'll show an example:

In the next video, Toronto runs the PnR with Lowry and Derozan to try to counter the hard trapping by the Cavs. It results in some confusion between JR and Kyrie while defending (because typically they were trapping Lowry OR DD, but with both involved in the PnR, they didn't know what to do) and DeRozan manages to drive in for the layup:

http://giant.gfycat.com/ZigzagAgileCurassow.webm

In the next video, LeBron recognizes the similar approach by Toronto's offense. MID-PLAY, he forces Kyrie to switch so that he's involved in the PnR, then orders JR to switch onto Lowry. Valanciunas comes over, sets the pick, and DeRozan manages to hit a really tough sideways fadeaway shot with LeBron coming in from behind.

http://giant.gfycat.com/MaleThatAlbino.webm

The result is still 2 points for Toronto but the brilliance of LeBron is on display. He recognizes what's going on and adjusts on the fly.

I give credit to Lue for setting up schemes, but just how much of that is LeBron? I mean, Lue invited all the coaches and Cavs players over to his house during game 6 of the Raps/Bucks series and they all watched, schemed, and game-planned. How much of that is LeBron pointing out weaknesses and ways to exploit those weaknesses?

To be able to make an on-the-fly adjustment in the middle of the play is just amazing. LeBron doesn't get anywhere near the amount of credit he deserves for his BBIQ. Playoff LeBron (and the Cavs as a result) is just better, man. No question about it.

tredigs
05-02-2017, 01:56 PM
Agreed, they are clearly better, though I can't exactly say I'm impressed by the competition right now. It should be interesting to see what they look like after being punched in the mouth this year.

IKnowHoops
05-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Timing

FlashBolt
05-02-2017, 04:59 PM
I'm having a hard time coming up with adjustments the Raps could make. Lineup-wise, perhaps they'd do better inserting Tucker into the starting lineup?

They tried to run the Lowry/Powell/DD/Tucker/Ibaka lineup that killed Milwaukee on the Cavs, and it resulted in the Cavs posting up DD every time, with LeBron getting a spin/baseline dunk.

Even if the Raps make a nice adjustment, LeBron's BBIQ is just savage, man. I feel like I'm witnessing the smartest player EVER. He does it on both ends. I'll show an example:

In the next video, Toronto runs the PnR with Lowry and Derozan to try to counter the hard trapping by the Cavs. It results in some confusion between JR and Kyrie while defending (because typically they were trapping Lowry OR DD, but with both involved in the PnR, they didn't know what to do) and DeRozan manages to drive in for the layup:

In the next video, LeBron recognizes the similar approach by Toronto's offense. MID-PLAY, he forces Kyrie to switch so that he's involved in the PnR, then orders JR to switch onto Lowry. Valanciunas comes over, sets the pick, and DeRozan manages to hit a really tough sideways fadeaway shot with LeBron coming in from behind.

The result is still 2 points for Toronto but the brilliance of LeBron is on display. He recognizes what's going on and adjusts on the fly.

I give credit to Lue for setting up schemes, but just how much of that is LeBron? I mean, Lue invited all the coaches and Cavs players over to his house during game 6 of the Raps/Bucks series and they all watched, schemed, and game-planned. How much of that is LeBron pointing out weaknesses and ways to exploit those weaknesses?

To be able to make an on-the-fly adjustment in the middle of the play is just amazing. LeBron doesn't get anywhere near the amount of credit he deserves for his BBIQ. Playoff LeBron (and the Cavs as a result) is just better, man. No question about it.

I only watched the last example but he basically read Lowry's signals and knew what they were doing. Unfortunately, Thompson didn't switch to DeRozan quick enough. He's always done this, too.

http://www.nba.com/video/2016/10/02/open-court-rivers-defending-lebron

I don't know where the full video is but he basically goes on saying that LeBron knew what play they were going to run and this was during the Big Three Celtics run.

ewing
05-02-2017, 06:44 PM

no it isn't. he called for a switch b/c he thought he was a better match up. he was right but really dude, who cares? your team played really well the other night but you know what adjustments the Raps have to make? hit the offensive glass, have Clev miss a little more. They lost by 10 and Clev played great. I do think the Cavs are the better team but you clearly overreacting.

IKnowHoops
05-02-2017, 06:57 PM
no it isn't. he called for a switch b/c he thought he was a better match up. he was right but really dude, who cares? your team played really well the other night but you know what adjustments the Raps have to make? hit the offensive glass, have Clev miss a little more. They lost by 10 and Clev played great. I do think the Cavs are the better team but you clearly overreacting.

Shake it like a SALT shaker

ewing
05-02-2017, 07:02 PM

what are you talking about?

Vee-Rex
05-02-2017, 08:46 PM

Well, the Cavs just dominated a team that many considered would be challenging to a 'weakened' and 'worse' Cavs team. While the Cavs were playing badly in the 2nd half of the season, there were still a ton of ridiculous hot takes.

The Cavs were up 25 towards the end of the 3rd, and up by 20 with 2 minutes left in the game when we took out our starters. Toronto cut the final score down to 11 but that was in no way a reflection of the actual game.

I realize it's only 1 game, but anyone watching it could see that one team was just simply better. We'll see what adjustments Toronto makes, though.

Why are you so hurt/bothered by me praising LeBron's BBIQ?

ewing
05-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Well, the Cavs just dominated a team that many considered would be challenging to a 'weakened' and 'worse' Cavs team. While the Cavs were playing badly in the 2nd half of the season, there were still a ton of ridiculous hot takes.

The Cavs were up 25 towards the end of the 3rd, and up by 20 with 2 minutes left in the game when we took out our starters. Toronto cut the final score down to 11 but that was in no way a reflection of the actual game.

I realize it's only 1 game, but anyone watching it could see that one team was just simply better. We'll see what adjustments Toronto makes, though.

Why are you so hurt/bothered by me praising LeBron's BBIQ?

he called for a switch and communicated on D. Good play? Sure. Signed of an engaged player? Defiantly. Amazing? Hardly. Your team came out and hit the Raps in the mouth. They were never able to fully get back into the game. They didn't lay down and cut it with multiple runs. The Cavs responded to every one of those runs, which was impressive.

IKnowHoops
05-02-2017, 09:27 PM
he called for a switch and communicated on D. Good play? Sure. Signed of an engaged player? Defiantly. Amazing? Hardly. Your team came out and hit the Raps in the mouth. They were never able to fully get back into the game. They didn't lay down and cut it with multiple runs. The Cavs responded to every one of those runs, which was impressive.

You are an admitted hater of Lebron so this cranky ish is expected from you I suppose.

IKnowHoops
05-02-2017, 09:28 PM
what are you talking about?

You sound salty as h---.

ewing
05-02-2017, 09:32 PM
You sound salty as h---.

there was a lot to praise LeBron yesterday, calling for a switch is going bit overboard IMO

IKnowHoops
05-02-2017, 09:41 PM
there was a lot to praise LeBron yesterday, calling for a switch is going bit overboard IMO

Your the one to let everyone know.

ewing
05-02-2017, 09:46 PM
Your the one to let everyone know.

I'm trying to help. if he turns into the type of fan boy you are we all lose

jason
05-03-2017, 12:10 AM
Another unimpressive team for the Cavs

IKnowHoops
05-03-2017, 02:26 AM
I'm trying to help. if he turns into the type of fan boy you are we all lose

But if that is true, then "you all" aint righteous. My fanboyism is equally proportionate to the amount of domination and --- kicking that Lebron deals out. Its basically pure truth that comes out of me. How I feel about Bron is how you should too.

ewing
05-03-2017, 09:43 AM
But if that is true, then "you all" aint righteous. My fanboyism is equally proportionate to the amount of domination and --- kicking that Lebron deals out. Its basically pure truth that comes out of me. How I feel about Bron is how you should too.

What are you saying?

ewing
05-03-2017, 09:45 AM
Anywho, I thought the Cavs came out with great energy in game 1. They looked more focused then I had seen them, this year. We'll see if the have a let down or if they found that switch. Either way I don't see them losing this series

prodigy
05-03-2017, 09:54 AM
LMAO! Raptors cut it down to 11 because the starters came out. I hope you saw that.

I expect tonight to be a closer game after adjustments. Raptors are very flaky though. One game they could hit any shot and look very good, next game look like total crap. They got weapons but Cavs got the king, Irving and a bunch of shooters.

cmellofan15
05-03-2017, 10:43 AM
we can still hold out a little hope.

Who is the we you speak of? You a raps fan now or are you just talking about LeBron obsessers in general?

ewing
05-03-2017, 11:12 AM
Who is the we you speak of? You a raps fan now or are you just talking about LeBron obsessers in general?

anyone rooting against the Cavs.

nastynice
05-03-2017, 12:55 PM

If this were true, then how you feel about lebron is how you should feel about the Warriors. You know, *** kicking and all..

IKnowHoops
05-03-2017, 02:40 PM
If this were true, then how you feel about lebron is how you should feel about the Warriors. You know, *** kicking and all..

They have my respect as the greatest team ever assembled. I marvel more at Lebron because great shooting can be learned...however difficult. Beasthood on the other hand can only be given.

ewing
05-03-2017, 02:52 PM
They have my respect as the greatest team ever assembled. I marvel more at Lebron because great shooting can be learned...however difficult. Beasthood on the other hand can only be given.

quit you job, do nothing but shoot every day for the next year then shoot against me.

lol, please
05-03-2017, 03:05 PM
Of course he is. He literally tossed and turned all night thinking about how he can convince us that the Raptors "have no shot" because if anyone (read, anyone beyond lol, Please and Raptors fans) starts to gain real confidence in their chances, he is going to lose it lol.

The home team wins game 1 of a 7 game series and you think people are salty? About what exactly?

:laugh2:

even if the Cavaliers win this series, I am still going to maintain the belief that the Raptors are the best in the east, second best in the east at worst, just like simply because the Cavaliers beat the Warriors in the Finals doesn't make them the better team. The better team doesn't always win.

FOXHOUND
05-03-2017, 03:16 PM
Of course he is. He literally tossed and turned all night thinking about how he can convince us that the Raptors "have no shot" because if anyone (read, anyone beyond lol, Please and Raptors fans) starts to gain real confidence in their chances, he is going to lose it lol.

The home team wins game 1 of a 7 game series and you think people are salty? About what exactly?

:laugh2:

even if the Cavaliers win this series, I am still going to maintain the belief that the Raptors are the best in the east, second best in the east at worst, just like simply because the Cavaliers beat the Warriors in the Finals doesn't make them the better team. The better team doesn't always win.

But they do, that's why they play the games. I agree that nobody can beat the Warriors if they play good but they don't deserve credit for playing bad either. Cleveland also deserves credit for having something to do with that.

nastynice
05-03-2017, 03:23 PM

Haha, Lebron's not a beast! I'd probably ***** that fool if we crossed paths, lol

archdevil84
05-03-2017, 04:33 PM
Haha, Lebron's not a beast! I'd probably ***** that fool if we crossed paths, lol

im sure you would

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 07:30 PM
So DD is just gonna drop the ball big time now huh.... he isnt even being guarded tough... just missing open shots.

WaDe03
05-03-2017, 07:40 PM
quit you job, do nothing but shoot every day for the next year then shoot against me.

I'll out shoot you. But back to the point are you saying it isn't as simple as putting in the reps?

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 07:42 PM
Is it possible that Lebron is even better than I thought... Like holy **** the dude is insane and taking the **** over right now

tredigs
05-03-2017, 07:45 PM
The Cavs and Rockets are going to be very tough outs if they're going with the "make every 3 point shot" game plan.

Yanks All Day
05-03-2017, 07:51 PM
The only thing keeping the Raptors from being down 25+ in the first 20 minutes if the game is the fact that EVERY close call has gone against Cleveland so far. This match up is not close.

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Cavs acting like Draymond out in this *****... Every time they think they deserve a foul or cry about a call... Just ****ing play holy ****

archdevil84
05-03-2017, 07:52 PM
this league is so soft. its the fcking PLAYOFFS and you give a T for THAT? come on now

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 07:53 PM
this league is so soft. its the fcking PLAYOFFS and you give a T for THAT? come on now

it was deserved... Most of the calls have gone against the cavs but they have ****ing cried all game.. Just play.

tredigs
05-03-2017, 07:56 PM
If Derozan wasn't a complete ghost here this would be a close game right now. JV is really making his presence known, especially when he gets the switch onto Bron down there in the post. Bron's got no chance there.

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 07:59 PM
If Derozan wasn't a complete ghost here this would be a close game right now. JV is really making his presence known, especially when he gets the switch onto Bron down there in the post. Bron's got no chance there.

yup dude has vanished

lol, please
05-03-2017, 08:00 PM
Just got home, but caught the first hizz-alf on the way back from work.

LEGGO RAPTORS!!!!!

co-signing was tredigs said, if DeRozan becomes DeRozan all of the sudden, this game is a one possession game, two tops. Like how they are keeping it within 10, but want that gap to close.

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Lol DD ****ing sucks right now wtf... Dude show up.

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 08:03 PM
Kyrie and those handles... MAAAAAAAAN

krazylegz
05-03-2017, 08:04 PM
this series is a yawner....raptors just dont have the talent...solid year as usual,but they will struggle to win a game in this series

tredigs
05-03-2017, 08:05 PM
The Raptors are so uninspiring right now.

lol, please
05-03-2017, 08:05 PM
these last 2 mins have been a microcosm of this series thus far imo. Two shots for the Raptors don't roll in, and as a result the game doesn't look as close as it was, merely half a minute prior to that.

lol, please
05-03-2017, 08:06 PM
this series is a yawner....raptors just dont have the talent...solid year as usual,but they will struggle to win a game in this series

They absolutely have the talent imo, it's just putting it all together, not making bone headed mistakes, sloppy turnovers, etc. They are underachieving for who they are on paper and that's why they are both so frustrating to watch, and also so easy to get HYPED about, as I've been all year.

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 08:07 PM
The fix is in... DD should just put on a cavs jersey lol

lol, please
05-03-2017, 08:09 PM
my gosh lol, Derozan misses both and only has a point at the half.

I want to see him come out on Klay-Thompson-NBA-JAM-Fire type fire mode in the second half, giving me an erection for the ages.

tredigs
05-03-2017, 08:10 PM
Derozing misses both of those FT's after scoring 1 point all half is just - wow. It seems either one or both of Lowry and Derozan are struggling mightily every game.

krazylegz
05-03-2017, 08:10 PM
my gosh lol, Derozan misses both and only has a point at the half.

I want to see him come out on Klay-Thompson-NBA-JAM-Fire on fire mode in the second half, giving me an erection for the ages.

gross

lol, please
05-03-2017, 08:12 PM
Just seen a PSD member at the bottom named XshaqattackX. My new favorite poster?

:confused:

WaDe03
05-03-2017, 08:15 PM
It's the playoffs, why does it surprise anyone when DD and Lowry play terrible? They're known for this.

Pfeifer
05-03-2017, 08:35 PM
Officiating has been garbage.

lol, please
05-03-2017, 08:40 PM
Officiating has been garbage.

Pretty much, but it's unsurprising. Lowry had a right to be upset and should have never gotten a T, for example, it was an awful call and a great block at a key moment.

Glenfidish
05-03-2017, 08:40 PM
Officiating in every sport seems to be garbage!

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 08:43 PM
can we stop even suggesting lebron isnt the best in the game and the 2nd best all time or that he doesnt coast in the regular season... He is a monster right now on both ends.

Pfeifer
05-03-2017, 08:44 PM
Its both ways honestly. Lebron has gotten every call. Expected though. But the refs have blown tons of calls both ways. Raps just cant hit a shot.

Yanks All Day
05-03-2017, 08:45 PM
Remember when DeMarre Carroll had half a good season in Atlanta and people thought he was the next great answer to LeBron James? It's amazing how totally out-matched he's been.

lol, please
05-03-2017, 08:50 PM
can we stop even suggesting lebron isnt the best in the game and the 2nd best all time or that he doesnt coast in the regular season... He is a monster right now on both ends.

LMFAO. Any player can get hot dude, get off his nuts.

Stealing WaDe3's "walks through the reg season turns it on in the playoffs" line is weak anyway. You're better than that MTM.

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 08:51 PM
LMFAO. Any player can get hot dude, get off his nuts.

Stealing WaDe3's "walks through the reg season turns it on in the playoffs" line is weak anyway. You're better than that MTM.

except this is every playoffs and nobody thought he could out do last year and he is... he is god mode right now and its like he isnt even trying.

Nikeman
05-03-2017, 08:56 PM
Can we all agree the Cavs are at their complete best when its Kyrie who is ball dominant? He's had 10+ assists the last two games and the Cavs have been dominant. LeBron is a better off-ball player. When LeBron handles the ball, its 4 people standing at the 3 pt line and one guy driving and kicking out.

Everyone just seems so much more engaged when Irving is creating and their offense seems 10x more fluid. Irving needs to continue with this mentality

Bostonjorge
05-03-2017, 08:59 PM
Raptors can't hang with Cleveland

lol, please
05-03-2017, 09:00 PM
Can we all agree the Cavs are at their complete best when its Kyrie who is ball dominant? He's had 10+ assists the last two games and the Cavs have been dominant. LeBron is a better off-ball player. When LeBron handles the ball, its 4 people standing at the 3 pt line and one guy driving and kicking out.

Everyone just seems so much more engaged when Irving is creating and their offense seems 10x more fluid. Irving needs to continue with this mentality
I agree with everything you said here except the last sentence - I wish that team no success, lol.

IKnowHoops
05-03-2017, 09:00 PM
except this is every playoffs and nobody thought he could out do last year and he is... he is god mode right now and its like he isnt even trying.

Man, Lebron right now is as dominant as MJ. They effect the game differently, but the level at which Bron effects the game is just as high as MJ. They are even at worst.

lol, please
05-03-2017, 09:01 PM

Today. They've beaten this team before with largely the same rosters.

"Can't hang" is what you say when a team can't keep up with another team at their best. The Raptors outside of Valanciunas and Lowry are having a horrible game, DeRozan literally has 1 point, there will be regressions to the mean both ways, this series is going 6-7 minimum.

Nikeman
05-03-2017, 09:03 PM
I agree with everything you said here except the last sentence - I wish that team no success, lol.

Lol. you wont agree with me when you non stop troll during the finals ;)

IKnowHoops
05-03-2017, 09:05 PM
Today. They've beaten this team before with largely the same rosters.

"Can't hang" is what you say when a team can't keep up with another team at their best. The Raptors outside of Valanciunas and Lowry are having a horrible game, DeRozan literally has 1 point, there will be regressions to the mean both ways, this series is going 6-7 minimum.

Tre...what's wrong with your boy?

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 09:06 PM

with lebron... But good try.

TO Rapz
I really want us to get ripped apart this series so we dont resign Lowry to an awful contract. Enough of this mirage of a contender. Its one thing to transform the franchise to a winning culture, which is fair, but the fans are not stupid. This teams core is simply not talented enough. In the NBA you dont win with very good players, or you rarely do (Detroit 04), you win with elite players which we dont have.

tp13baby

Where is the Knicks fan that was arguing Toronto is a contender? Get out of here

Yanks All Day
05-03-2017, 09:08 PM
The Cavaliers beat the Raptors 3 out of 4 times in thw regular season this year. The only loss was the last game where everyone rested. Last year, the Cavs margin of victory was an average of 15. These first 2 games are like a D-1 college team playing the local 8th grade squad. Unfortunately, the Raptors 100% can't hang with the Cavaliers.

FlashBolt
1) Lowry+DeRozan.. Like I said, you can't trust these two. They are absolute ghosts in the playoffs. You're paying these guys for the regular season because you can count them out when the playoffs come around.
2) I love when Kyrie plays PG and not SG. Cavs don't need this guy to play 1-on-1 every game. His ability to attack the basket and dribbling skills allows LeBron to preserve his energy.
3) Cavs are trying to end this early so their starters can rest the 4th.
4) LeBron is the best player in basketball and it is NOT even close. Not in any dimension.

IKnowHoops
I really want us to get ripped apart this series so we dont resign Lowry to an awful contract. Enough of this mirage of a contender. Its one thing to transform the franchise to a winning culture, which is fair, but the fans are not stupid. This teams core is simply not talented enough. In the NBA you dont win with very good players, or you rarely do (Detroit 04), you win with elite players which we dont have.

I feel you, but there is just nothing that can be done to win in the east as long as Bron is at this level

FlashBolt
05-03-2017, 09:09 PM
Cavs defense has been awful but they're offensively unstoppable. No need to play defense when you're scoring 100 points by the 4th.

Nikeman
05-03-2017, 09:10 PM
Lol @ LeBron in right now. Dude is totally trying to pad his assists stats so it looks like he played a more complete game. This is why I respect Steve Kerr a lot. He removes his players and doesn't care about stats. **** he took Klay out who had 60 points in 29 minutes.

LeBron is amazing, but he is definitely a stat whore. Bet he has 7+ assists at the end of this and plays 6+ mins in the 4th necessarily.

FlashBolt
05-03-2017, 09:10 PM
It's not that the East is weak. It's that no "superstar" wants to play against LeBron unless they really have to.

IKnowHoops
05-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Kyle Lowry sneaking back to the locker room again during a Cavs series. Ankle wink wink

FlashBolt
05-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Lol @ LeBron in right now. Dude is totally trying to pad his assists stats so it looks like he played a more complete game.

You mean he's trying to get his teammates involved? God forbid he does that.

FlashBolt
05-03-2017, 09:12 PM
Kyle Lowry is going to use that ankle as the reason he blows. Good excuse for the guy. There will be some desperate and idiot GM's willing to pay the max for this McDonald eating "PG."

Nikeman
05-03-2017, 09:12 PM
You mean he's trying to get his teammates involved? God forbid he does that.

Why is he in up 30 in the 4th? Simple logic bro. If Ty Lue was so concerned, think he should insert more starters right?

FlashBolt
05-03-2017, 09:13 PM
LeBron can go get 50 if he wants, whenever he wants. That's scary.

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 09:14 PM
Lol @ LeBron in right now. Dude is totally trying to pad his assists stats so it looks like he played a more complete game. This is why I respect Steve Kerr a lot. He removes his players and doesn't care about stats. **** he took Klay out who had 60 points in 29 minutes.

LeBron is amazing, but he is definitely a stat whore. Bet he has 7+ assists at the end of this and plays 6+ mins in the 4th necessarily.

lmfao a more complete game? WHAT? :laugh:

jesus christ

Dude has had as complete a game as there is when you factor in how shut down on defense he has been tonight... HE IS EVERYWHERE.... He will likely sit soon but if this were close he would go for 50 while shooting like 65 plus percent

LOOK OUT MJ

IKnowHoops
05-03-2017, 09:14 PM
The Cavaliers beat the Raptors 3 out of 4 times in thw regular season this year. The only loss was the last game where everyone rested. Last year, the Cavs margin of victory was an average of 15. These first 2 games are like a D-1 college team playing the local 8th grade squad. Unfortunately, the Raptors 100% can't hang with the Cavaliers.

Lol please is drunk off his homerhater 151.

FlashBolt
05-03-2017, 09:15 PM
Why is he in up 30 in the 4th? Simple logic bro.

Because Cavs defense is terrible and Raptors can catch up. Bron is trying to keep the lead open enough so they can close the game out at the 6 minute point. It's logic, bro. Raptors have nearly 80 points with 10 mins left in the 4th. They're capable of scoring, "bro." The guy has been in sixth straight NBA Finals and has played over 50,000 minutes. Why would he pad his stats?

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 09:16 PM
that ****ing pass with 3 seconds left to a wide open guy who flat out missed... LEBRON <3

**** the 40 plus he could have settled for the 3... made the smart basketball play like only he can

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 09:18 PM
man I wish this was close so james could go for 50 plus

Nikeman
05-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Because Cavs defense is terrible and Raptors can catch up. Bron is trying to keep the lead open enough so they can close the game out at the 6 minute point. It's logic, bro. Raptors have nearly 80 points with 10 mins left in the 4th. They're capable of scoring, "bro." The guy has been in sixth straight NBA Finals and has played over 50,000 minutes. Why would he pad his stats?

Because LeBron is a diva. He cares about his personal stats more than anyone I have ever seen. You should legit change from an OKC fan to one of those who is a fan of whatever team LeBron is on. Never seen someone **** ride so hard in my life.

Nikeman
05-03-2017, 09:20 PM
6:45 - Dwyane Casey takes his stars out. Lets see when LeBron exits.

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 09:21 PM
Because LeBron is a diva. He cares about his personal stats more than anyone I have ever seen. You should legit change from an OKC fan to one of those who is a fan of whatever team LeBron is on. Never seen someone **** ride so hard in my life.

Better pray for the warriors bro because if he wins this ring GOAT

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 09:21 PM
that dude is a ****ing monster.

still1ballin
05-03-2017, 09:22 PM
What a boring series