PDA

View Full Version : EC Semifinals Series Thread: Cavs (2) vs Raptors (3) Cavs win 4-0

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Yanks All Day
05-07-2017, 08:17 AM
Right about now, Isiah Thomas and the Celtics are thinking they better take care of Washinton in 5. 6 at worst.

If Cleveland has another week between rounds and WAS/BOS goes a tough 6 or 7, I'm not sure how the winning team stays with this LeBron past 5 games (at most).

prodigy
05-07-2017, 09:24 AM
Lebron isn't even better than Curry. Athleticism and size does not equal skill.

Morons like this ruin the forum. But ya Lebron has no skill at all smh...

archdevil84
05-07-2017, 09:42 AM

i'd be willing to bet lol, p thinkgs iguodala is better then lebron

prodigy
05-07-2017, 12:01 PM
I'm better than Lebron

NYKnickFanatic
05-07-2017, 03:23 PM

Dude is in some serious denial.

lol, please
05-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Tucker is wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG 3!!!

lol, please
05-07-2017, 03:47 PM

Who said he had no skill?

lol, please
05-07-2017, 03:48 PM
i'd be willing to bet lol, p thinkgs iguodala is better then lebron
How much are you willing be bet exactly?

lol, please
05-07-2017, 03:52 PM
Cavaliers have no answer for JV.

IBAKA!!!! BIG 3!!!

Vee-Rex
05-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Cavs look dead. No effort whatsoever.

Hubie is the WORST. Blatant cheering for the Raptors.

NYKnickFanatic
05-07-2017, 04:03 PM

I noticed that lol.

lol, please
05-07-2017, 04:04 PM
From like a 15 point lead to a tie game in the last two mins of the quarter.

If you are going to emotionally invest in a Raptors run like I have for two seasons, these are the growing pains you have to deal with until they develop/get better and do away with these mental lapses.

Still a tie game going into the 2nd, and much to be optimistic about.

lol, please
05-07-2017, 04:05 PM

I don't know if he's rooting for the Raptors as much as hoping for a good series.

I also don't know anything abut Hubie so if he has history with them I am unaware.

archdevil84
05-07-2017, 04:05 PM

thank god i found a stream with the raptors commentators. those guys are actually pretty solid

bucketss
05-07-2017, 04:06 PM
frye is an important role player, too bad he seems like like liability against the warriors.

NYKnickFanatic
05-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Why do they have these NBA players lying? You know they don't watch the WNBA.

IKnowHoops
05-07-2017, 04:07 PM

Lol, yeah, they made that shot finally and he got hype.

lol, please
05-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Good T. Well deserved.

lol, please
05-07-2017, 04:16 PM
Hubie calling it like it is. Cleveland can't hold the Warriors jock strap.

ChiTownPacerFan
05-07-2017, 04:20 PM

Don't be ridiculous! Hubie is the best basketball mind on TV, he enjoys good basketball. Any time a team executes really well, he gets excited. It isn't fake, or one sided. He just genuinely loves good ball.

lol, please
05-07-2017, 04:25 PM
Don't be ridiculous! Hubie is the best basketball mind on TV, he enjoys good basketball. Any time a team executes really well, he gets excited. It isn't fake, or one sided. He just genuinely loves good ball.
:clap:

lol, please
05-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Derozan

:worthy:

Just a special player

Vee-Rex
05-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Korver is WET! Klay only wish he had a stroke as smooth as that!

IKnowHoops
05-07-2017, 04:31 PM
Deron
Kyrie
Korver
Bron
Love

That lineup is deadly. They just stroked the 3 hard

Yanks All Day
05-07-2017, 04:33 PM
Not sure if anyone has fully realized it yet, but Cleveland is the deepest team in the NBA. Opposing teams have absolutely no margin for error when resting their best players mid-game.

ChiTownPacerFan
05-07-2017, 04:34 PM
Deron
Kyrie
Korver
Bron
Love

That lineup is deadly. They just stroked the 3 hard

Deadly, offensively. Lot of weakness defensively there.

FOXHOUND
05-07-2017, 04:36 PM
Not sure if anyone has fully realized it yet, but Cleveland is the deepest team in the NBA. Opposing teams have absolutely no margin for error when resting their best players mid-game.

Yes, their midseason moves to add depth have made them 3 deep at almost every position. It's comical how stacked GS and CLE are. :(

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 04:38 PM
i would pay to watch korver shoot all day.

Vee-Rex
05-07-2017, 04:39 PM
Korver is SOAKING omgness.

WITZ
05-07-2017, 04:40 PM
King Korver WET

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Korver and legod james is carrying

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 04:42 PM
i take back worrying about kyrie... let him shoot as much as he wants now so he can get on fire later.

Yanks All Day
05-07-2017, 04:44 PM
If (when) Golden State and Cleveland match up in the Finals, it's not ridiculous to think Kyle Korver, Channing Frye, and Deron Williams will be 3 of the 4 best bench players in the series between both teams combined. If the starters cancel one another out, Cleveland has a clear bench advantage.

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 04:45 PM
If (when) Golden State and Cleveland match up in the Finals, it's not ridiculous to think Kyle Korver, Channing Frye, and Deron Williams will be 3 of the 4 best bench players in the series between both teams combined. If the starters cancel one another out, Cleveland has a clear bench advantage.

the starters dont council each other out though... last year maybe but they have 4 top guys.

FOXHOUND
05-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Korver was dominating so much that Toronto was giving up open shots to LeBron James within 10 feet of the basket trying to stop him. Let's stop and think about that for a second lol. Wth is going on.

lol, please
05-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Ibaka with a MONSTER 3!!!!

Raptors on a run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's Raps 08 09 Champz at!?

:faint:

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 05:17 PM
korver will retire a cav... i have not seen lebron act like that towards anyone else... When korver does anything wrong lebron lets it go... that right there korver and him going for a rebound lebron didnt even get mad... said it was his fault lol.

Vee-Rex
05-07-2017, 05:19 PM
korver will retire a cav... i have not seen lebron act like that towards anyone else... When korver does anything wrong lebron lets it go... that right there korver and him going for a rebound lebron didnt even get mad... said it was his fault lol.

I noticed that too. Bron knows Korvers contract is up.

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Lebron james is possessed

lol, please
05-07-2017, 05:36 PM
What a game.

lol, please
05-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Where is the foul?

:confused:

Refs trying to keep the Raptors down.

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 05:39 PM
that is such ******** lol

lol, please
05-07-2017, 05:40 PM
LMAO Ibaka

:facepalm:

How do you not grab that ball, you have the biggest chance to do so

lol, please
05-07-2017, 05:42 PM
And 1 Ibaka!!!

Chance to take the lead

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 05:42 PM
lol you gotta admire the raptors... they are still fighting.

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 05:45 PM
lol warrior fans that kyrie 3 seems familiar doesnt it just now? : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ8yCJgsF_4

same spot AND SAME MOVE xD

Chewbacca
05-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Why does Derozan settle for that midrange jumper so much smh

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 05:50 PM
see i worry how effective korver can be against the warriors... I just feel like that matchup is horrid for him and running him and love in the same lineup has disaster written all over it against that team

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 05:52 PM
kyrie is taking over

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Lebron the GOAT James

GodsSon
05-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Lebron the GOAT James

Yep.

The dagger.

NYKnickFanatic
05-07-2017, 06:01 PM
The GOAT

lol, please
05-07-2017, 06:03 PM
The GOAT
Did they just show Curry?

I went to grab a drink lol

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 06:04 PM
Did they just show Curry?

I went to grab a drink lol

yup... before lebron nailed the dagger he put curry over his shoulder and burped him... big daddy James does it all : )

NYKnickFanatic
05-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Curry is not even close to being the GOAT, nor will he ever be.

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 06:09 PM
lol korver has legit fixed james free throw shooting and might seriously be helping his shot in general.

lol, please
05-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Was good while it lasted. Too bad Lowry got injured. What could have been.

Can't wait to see what moves the Raptors make in the offseason though. They are on the cusp of greatness.

archdevil84
05-07-2017, 06:12 PM
bring out the brooms! Tg11 Veerex and i were ON THE MONEY!

NYKnickFanatic
05-07-2017, 06:15 PM

Can't wait to see what moves the Raptors make in the offseason though. They are on the cusp of greatness.

They would have still got swept.

zn23
05-07-2017, 06:18 PM
Pitiful effort by the Raps all the way around. This reminds me of the Washington series from 2 years back.

It's time for a change...

bucketss
05-07-2017, 06:26 PM
i liked their effort better than when (L)owry was playing.

aman_13
05-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Why did the Hawks give away Korver for free? He killed us.

Congrats to the Cavs! Go get those Warriors.

aman_13
05-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Pitiful effort by the Raps all the way around. This reminds me of the Washington series from 2 years back.

It's time for a change...

I thought they played hard the last two games. You could argue they win both with Lowry, but yeah, disappointing series.

tp13baby
05-07-2017, 06:44 PM
They said the Raptors were contenders. MTM, lol, please, whoever made that pitiful forum that said the east is better than the west.

Wade n Fade
05-07-2017, 06:48 PM
Time for Casey to get his walking papers. I never thought he was right for the job. He is nothing more than an Assistant Coach imo. He should've been fired two years ago too.

zn23
05-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Time for Casey to get his walking papers. I never thought he was right for the job. He is nothing more than an Assistant Coach imo. He should've been fired two years ago too.

Casey will be given one more year and then he'll really be on the hot seat. But their FA pickups have been flops. They overpaid for Demarre Carroll because he was the only guy available in a very weak FA pool two years ago. He hasn't delivered. They paid JV a lot of money and can't seem to use him properly and now have him coming off the bench. Their bench as a whole rivals the Clippers in uselessness.

Derozan is not a franchise player and they overpaid him. Lowry has proven unreliable in the playoffs every single year and he's constantly injured late in the year.

Masai Ujiri is going to have to take some heat for their failures as well.

aman_13
05-07-2017, 07:42 PM
I don't think the Raptors are that far off. They looked bad against Cleveland but that's because they went up against LBJ.

If it's the Wizards or Celtics right now, the narrative would be so much different. Both of those teams are going to get swept or lose in 5 anyway. 6 max if it's the Wizards.

Vee-Rex
05-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Why did the Hawks give away Korver for free? He killed us.

Congrats to the Cavs! Go get those Warriors.

Hawks acquired a 1st round pick for a guy whose contact is up. He likely walks and joins a contender anyway.

Cavs were the only ones offering a 1st.

IKnowHoops
05-07-2017, 07:57 PM
He has been well worth it

zn23
05-07-2017, 08:06 PM
I don't think the Raptors are that far off. They looked bad against Cleveland but that's because they went up against LBJ.

If it's the Wizards or Celtics right now, the narrative would be so much different. Both of those teams are going to get swept or lose in 5 anyway. 6 max if it's the Wizards.

The issue is with their goals.

If their goal is to make it to Conference finals every year and get blown out by Cleveland then what's the point of firing Casey because the East is weak and they're competitive with the other teams.

If their goal is to compete with the Cavs and eventually compete for the title, then they're waaaay off.

aman_13
05-07-2017, 08:29 PM
The issue is with their goals.

If their goal is to make it to Conference finals every year and get blown out by Cleveland then what's the point of firing Casey because the East is weak and they're competitive with the other teams.

If their goal is to compete with the Cavs and eventually compete for the title, then they're waaaay off.

Yeah it's a tough position to be in. Masai said he doesn't want to be a treadmill team so let's see what he does. This will be an intriguing off season for the Toronto Raptors.

LOb0
05-07-2017, 10:23 PM
This was completely pathetic by the Raptors.

Dade County
05-07-2017, 10:39 PM

They need to trade JV, do not re-sign Lowry if he opts out & trade him if does opt in.

Have Ibaka play the 5, get acouple of players that can be position less. Focus on long/tall 3&D players if you can.

Lol Raps need Bosh

3&D/Livingston
Demar/Cj Miles
Gallinari/Carroll
Bosh
Ibaka

Demar is the playmaker. Of course they should go after Blake & or Hayward, but i dont think they would land anyone of them.

Can't wait to see what moves the Raptors make in the offseason though.. They are on the cusp of greatness.

What? LMAO

I don't understand.

Dade County
05-07-2017, 10:44 PM
This was completely pathetic by the Raptors.

Lbj can do this to the entire East, if entertainment wasn't involved.

Raps have nothing to be ashamed about.

Heediot
05-07-2017, 10:47 PM
Demar is the playmaker.

LOLOL, his playmaking skills is pretty much non-existent. 90 percent of the time he'll dribble the ball for 20 seconds and toss up a contested J. His main goal is to try and draw a cheap foul.

Dade County
05-07-2017, 11:04 PM
LOLOL, his playmaking skills is pretty much non-existent. 90 percent of the time he'll dribble the ball for 20 seconds and toss up a contested J. His main goal is to try and draw a cheap foul.

He's going to have to reinvent himself. Lol

Scoots
05-07-2017, 11:35 PM
It's interesting that nobody is discussing Shumpert's "inadvertent" nut kick when his leg kicked out "un-naturally".

lol, please
05-07-2017, 11:40 PM

That's a terrible description of his game. The man can score from anywhere inside the perimeter, and his passes from an elevated jumper always seem to fool the defender and make it to the target player when I'm watching. Pretty much the ONLY thing he doesn't have is a 3 shot, and I'll take that every time, just surround him with some deep threats - not every player in the league needs to be a deep threat lol.

And what derozan does is very different from what Harden does to get to the line, if you can't differentiate the approaches they take to draw fouls, you don't know what you're watching.

mightybosstone
05-07-2017, 11:43 PM
I'm sure somebody else made this point already, but I don't feel like scouring 600 posts to find it. But did anyone else find it odd how much credit a lot of sports analysts, betters and analytical websites were giving Toronto prior to the series? Now, ultimately, I did think it would be much closer. But I really think that a lot of these analytic formulas that try to determine outcomes of postseason series are putting FAR too much weight on regular season performance and not giving nearly enough credit to previous postseason history.

If the history of the NBA has taught us anything, it's that regular season performance amounts for very little in the playoffs. And playoff chokers often continue to choke, and playoff superstars often continue to step up in big moments. The Lebron factor alone should make the Cavs a favorite against any team in the league in a series outside of Golden State.

lol, please
05-07-2017, 11:46 PM
I'm sure somebody else made this point already, but I don't feel like scouring 600 posts to find it. But did anyone else find it odd how much credit a lot of sports analysts, betters and analytical websites were giving Toronto prior to the series? Now, ultimately, I did think it would be much closer. But I really think that a lot of these analytic formulas that try to determine outcomes of postseason series are putting FAR too much weight on regular season performance and not giving nearly enough credit to previous postseason history.

If the history of the NBA has taught us anything, it's that regular season performance amounts for very little in the playoffs. And playoff chokers often continue to choke, and playoff superstars often continue to step up in big moments. The Lebron factor alone should make the Cavs a favorite against any team in the league in a series outside of Golden State.

Two problems I have with this post.

1. The (small sample size) playoff history of the Raptors should factor into projections

2. "the lebron factor" should be some Joker card type x factor

This is a team sport first and foremost.

mightybosstone
05-08-2017, 12:07 AM

1. The (small sample size) playoff history of the Raptors should factor into projections

This Raptors team has historically not performed well in the playoffs with the exception of last year. Meanwhile, Lebron teams, in general, have performed extremely well in the playoffs pretty much since the guy came into the league. The guy has gone to a ridiculous six consecutive NBA Finals. He hasn't lost a non-Finals postseason series since 2010.

Think about that for a second... The win over Toronto makes 20 consecutive non-Finals postseason series the guy has won. How can you honestly tell me that shouldn't factor into the conversation?

valade16
05-08-2017, 12:23 AM

Using the regular season to predict is actually fairly accurate, the problem is LeBron coasts in the regular season which skews the numbers. If LeBron were playing this hard and well during the RS, the projections would have rightly showed Toronto had no chance.

The only problem is finding out who is coasting. We know LeBron has been the last 2 years, Hakeem famously did it, The Spurs in their later years, etc.

Scoots
05-08-2017, 12:31 AM

NBA Basketball is the least "team" of all the major team sports. History says 1 or 2 dominant performers in the playoffs is usually enough to win it all.

Playoff LeBron is, I think, the ONLY example of a player really being 2 different people before and during the playoffs. People talk about "playoff" versions of other players ... but LeBron is other worldly.

LOb0
05-08-2017, 01:26 AM
Lbj can do this to the entire East, if entertainment wasn't involved.

Raps have nothing to be ashamed about.

This was more of the Raptors being unfathomably horrible than the Cavs being good.

smith&wesson
05-08-2017, 02:08 AM
This was more of the Raptors being unfathomably horrible than the Cavs being good.

The Raps got Cleveland two years in a row and ran in to a buzz saw like coach Casey said.. The Celtics are struggling to get passed Washington.. I'd hold off on the trolling until you see if they advance and then hope that your Celtics don't suffer the same fate.

Lebron is on another level and it started in last year's finals..

smith&wesson
05-08-2017, 02:15 AM
This Raptors team has historically not performed well in the playoffs with the exception of last year. Meanwhile, Lebron teams, in general, have performed extremely well in the playoffs pretty much since the guy came into the league. The guy has gone to a ridiculous six consecutive NBA Finals. He hasn't lost a non-Finals postseason series since 2010.

Think about that for a second... The win over Toronto makes 20 consecutive non-Finals postseason series the guy has won. How can you honestly tell me that shouldn't factor into the conversation?

We're witnessing one of the greatest to ever play the game make history.. he's depriving an entire conference any chance of winning a title in his prime.. thats Jordan like.

smith&wesson
05-08-2017, 02:16 AM
The raptors and jazz are both good teams but their counterparts are historically amazing teams.

LOb0
05-08-2017, 02:20 AM
The Raps got Cleveland two years in a row and ran in to a buzz saw like coach Casey said.. The Celtics are struggling to get passed Washington.. I'd hold off on the trolling until you see if they advance and then hope that your Celtics don't suffer the same fate.

Lebron is on another level and it started in last year's finals..

Celtics wont win but the Raptors were so bad. It was just embarrassing.

Saddletramp
05-08-2017, 04:55 AM
With the way the rest of the Cavaliers have been playing post ASB, they have no chance.

Well said. Good post.

mike_noodles
05-08-2017, 07:26 AM
Celtics wont win but the Raptors were so bad. It was just embarrassing.

Oh don't worry. You're gonna get swept too.

TheDish87
05-08-2017, 08:39 AM
lol raps.

Vee-Rex
05-08-2017, 09:49 AM
If the Cavs play the C's, I'm picking Cavs in 4. If we play the Wizards, I see it going 5 or 6 games.

DeRozan needs to work on two things:

1. 3-point shot. He needs to practice non-stop in the offseason. It's crazy because he can nail those long-ranged twos pretty consistently even while contested. If he can just step a few feet back he'd be more dangerous.

2. Passing ability, specifically out of the trap/double-team. He reacted better to the trap late in game 3 and in game 4, but it was too late then. But if he has better vision and delivery of the ball then he's even more deadly offensively.

I realize his defense leaves much to be desired but I think the next step up for him offensively is those two things.

mike_noodles
05-08-2017, 09:57 AM
If the Cavs play the C's, I'm picking Cavs in 4. If we play the Wizards, I see it going 5 or 6 games.

DeRozan needs to work on two things:

1. 3-point shot. He needs to practice non-stop in the offseason. It's crazy because he can nail those long-ranged twos pretty consistently even while contested. If he can just step a few feet back he'd be more dangerous.

2. Passing ability, specifically out of the trap/double-team. He reacted better to the trap late in game 3 and in game 4, but it was too late then. But if he has better vision and delivery of the ball then he's even more deadly offensively.

I realize his defense leaves much to be desired but I think the next step up for him offensively is those two things.

He has already grown significantly in both areas. Not sure how much more improvement there can be.

mightybosstone
05-08-2017, 10:21 AM
We're witnessing one of the greatest to ever play the game make history.. he's depriving an entire conference any chance of winning a title in his prime.. thats Jordan like.

Without question. That's why Boston's decision not to make a move at the deadline was so disappointing for me. I really wanted to see Lebron be challenged in the East again. Personally, I'm a fan of the guy, and I want to see him in the Finals every year. But the talent in the East isn't enough to present any kind of challenge for him right now whatsoever, and it would be fun to have more meaningful basketball played in the Eastern Conference again.

We're inevitably on a collision course with Cavs vs. Warriors Round 3, which is fine. But I'm hoping we see some teams make some moves in the offseason to challenge those two next season.

prodigy
05-08-2017, 10:47 AM
Cavaliers have no answer for JV.

IBAKA!!!! BIG 3!!!

They didn't cover neither of them at all which was the game plan. trap hard and make someone else step up. It worked. 4-0 sweep lol

FlashBolt
05-08-2017, 10:49 AM
1) DeRozan said it best: They have LeBron. And they win if they have LeBron.
2) LeBron is shooting a higher FG% in the paint than Shaq ever averaged in the playoffs. He's also shooting a higher 3P% than Curry ever averaged in the playoffs. That's unreal efficiency. Better than Shaq. Think about that.
3) I told ya Toronto had no answer for the Cavs. No Biyombo = no toughness or grit on the team.
4) Lowry sucks and should be banned from the NBA.
5) I like how DeRozan recovered for the final two games but he's a 2nd option player at most.
6) I'm worried about Kyrie a bit. He doesn't seem like he's 100%. Cavs don't beat the Warriors if he's not there healthy.
7) I don't see any reason to worry about the Wizards. This Cavs team is clearly much better than the regular season Cavs. This Cavs team would win at least 65+ games if they wanted to in the regular season. Don't be fooled by how close the games were. When they want to, they will whoop the Wizards. Celtics have no chance.
8) LeBron James hasn't shot below 50% since 15 games ago. He's averaging 33 points in that span. I believe he's shooting 56% from. Amazing.

^scratch that; he's shooting 58% from the field. Wow.

prodigy
05-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Cavs have LeBron, Just like Bulls had MJ, Rockets have Harden etc... all great teams have a great player. Raptors have none so they got smoked. IDK if he was taking a dig at the other Cavs players by saying that, but hey cavs bench lit them up too haha.

FlashBolt
05-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Cavs have LeBron, Just like Bulls had MJ, Rockets have Harden etc... all great teams have a great player. Raptors have none so they got smoked. IDK if he was taking a dig at the other Cavs players by saying that, but hey cavs bench lit them up too haha.

He wasn't really taking a dig. Just acknowledgement of how great LeBron is. The dude can literally go to probably 14 EC teams right now and make them the instant EC favorites. I mean, no offence but let's imagine DeRozan in the Cavs and LeBron in the Raptors. Who do you have your money on getting to the Finals? I got the Raptors.

smith&wesson
05-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Without question. That's why Boston's decision not to make a move at the deadline was so disappointing for me. I really wanted to see Lebron be challenged in the East again. Personally, I'm a fan of the guy, and I want to see him in the Finals every year. But the talent in the East isn't enough to present any kind of challenge for him right now whatsoever, and it would be fun to have more meaningful basketball played in the Eastern Conference again.

We're inevitably on a collision course with Cavs vs. Warriors Round 3, which is fine. But I'm hoping we see some teams make some moves in the offseason to challenge those two next season.

I think Bird is the reason the Celtics didn't get George by deadline.. he stubbornly held on to him even though PG made it clear he will leave after next year.. but i imagine the pacers get desperate and do move George at some point next season.

I think Boston will still end up landing him simply because they have the assets..

with PG13 Boston can contend with anyone as they would have two legit superstars and a solid supporting cast around them.

Already sick of the two horse race

smith&wesson
05-08-2017, 12:15 PM

Harden is much closer to Derozan than he is to Jordan or Lebron.

In fact I beleive Derozan lead his team to ecf's. Let's see if Harden can do that befor we put him on Jordan or Lebron level..

TheDish87
05-08-2017, 02:54 PM
lol Harden >>> DD

goingfor28
05-08-2017, 03:41 PM
I literally lol'd. Trade DeRozan? Over going all in when you are on the cusp? Derozan is too good of a star to let go willingly. My gosh, what I would do to see him on the Warriors (without losing Curry, Klay, or other key pieces)
Toronto is not on the cusp. They are Clippers east, a good regular season team who falls in their face come playoff time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
05-08-2017, 04:09 PM

In fact I beleive Derozan lead his team to ecf's. Let's see if Harden can do that befor we put him on Jordan or Lebron level..

Harden made the WCF two years ago.

tredigs
05-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Toronto is not on the cusp. They are Clippers east, a good regular season team who falls in their face come playoff time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Clippers are much better, but much more injury prone.

mightybosstone
05-08-2017, 04:57 PM

Harden will end this season with two top two MVP finishes in his career. He'll have multiple years as an All-NBA first or second teamer, and his peak numbers will put him on par with the greatest guards in NBA history. He's already on the path to easily being one of the 40-50 greatest players in NBA history. DeRozan as a player just does not come close to belonging in the same conversation as Harden.

You could make the case that the gap between MJ/Lebron to Harden is greater than the gap from Harden to DeRozan solely because the gap between those guys and all other guards and wings is just that substantial. But Harden will end his career as an all-time great. DeRozan will probably end his career as a really good player and scorer, but that's about it. He's like a modern-day version of someone like Mitch Richmond—an excellent scorer and a dangerous player who did very little in the playoffs and won't crack anybody's all-time list for anything.

LOb0
05-08-2017, 06:12 PM
Oh don't worry. You're gonna get swept too.

Lol then the Cavs are gonna lose in 5 to the Warriors.

Vee-Rex
05-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Lol then the Cavs are gonna lose in 5 to the Warriors.

He's not a Cavs fan so I'm sure he doesn't care. :laugh2:

LOb0
05-08-2017, 06:21 PM
He's not a Cavs fan so I'm sure he doesn't care. :laugh2:

We got a top pick in the draft and max money. I don't care either.

FlashBolt
05-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Harden will end this season with two top two MVP finishes in his career. He'll have multiple years as an All-NBA first or second teamer, and his peak numbers will put him on par with the greatest guards in NBA history. He's already on the path to easily being one of the 40-50 greatest players in NBA history. DeRozan as a player just does not come close to belonging in the same conversation as Harden.

You could make the case that the gap between MJ/Lebron to Harden is greater than the gap from Harden to DeRozan solely because the gap between those guys and all other guards and wings is just that substantial. But Harden will end his career as an all-time great. DeRozan will probably end his career as a really good player and scorer, but that's about it. He's like a modern-day version of someone like Mitch Richmond—an excellent scorer and a dangerous player who did very little in the playoffs and won't crack anybody's all-time list for anything.

Harden is like DeRozan. Sucky sucky in the playoffsy.

FlashBolt
05-08-2017, 06:36 PM
We got a top pick in the draft and max money. I don't care either.
1) top pick means nothing right now.
2) You need to resign Thomas.
3) Most of your discounted players such as Bradley are out of contract soon. You can't afford them in years later.
4) Unless Boston adds Thomas+two other all stars, you're not beating the Cavs. No way, no how.

aman_13
05-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Why did Cleveland decide to tank the last week of the season? Seriously, I'm really mad about that now. The Raptors would still be playing :(

IKnowHoops
05-08-2017, 08:21 PM
Why did Cleveland decide to tank the last week of the season? Seriously, I'm really mad about that now. The Raptors would still be playing :(
Haha, would u want that false hope?

aman_13
05-08-2017, 09:16 PM
l
Haha, would u want that false hope?

Yes, one more round would of been nice lol

FlashBolt
05-08-2017, 09:16 PM

So they could face Boston and not Wizards :)

LOb0
05-08-2017, 09:29 PM
1) top pick means nothing right now.
2) You need to resign Thomas.
3) Most of your discounted players such as Bradley are out of contract soon. You can't afford them in years later.
4) Unless Boston adds Thomas+two other all stars, you're not beating the Cavs. No way, no how.

Bron is getting older. We'll be fine.

mightybosstone
05-09-2017, 12:45 AM
He's been damn good in this postseason. Hell, in this series against a higher seeded team he's had three great games and one really bad one. I'll take that from my superstar. I've seen series where Kobe didn't have three great games over a six or seven game series.

mightybosstone
05-09-2017, 12:47 AM
It's also laughable to me that you're still taking shots at Harden. Someone is clearly bitter. :eyebrow:

LOb0
05-09-2017, 01:19 AM
He's been damn good in this postseason. Hell, in this series against a higher seeded team he's had three great games and one really bad one. I'll take that from my superstar. I've seen series where Kobe didn't have three great games over a six or seven game series.

The worst is yet to come for Harden in this series.

mightybosstone
05-09-2017, 08:46 AM
The worst is yet to come for Harden in this series.
What are you, a soothsayer? Are you going to babble something about the ides of March next?

You're just guessing because you don't like the guy based on literally zero evidence. If he performs poorly, you'll say "I told you so," but you really have no ****ing clue.

prodigy
05-09-2017, 10:18 AM
He wasn't really taking a dig. Just acknowledgement of how great LeBron is. The dude can literally go to probably 14 EC teams right now and make them the instant EC favorites. I mean, no offence but let's imagine DeRozan in the Cavs and LeBron in the Raptors. Who do you have your money on getting to the Finals? I got the Raptors.

Do u really need me to answer that? lol

IKnowHoops
05-09-2017, 01:28 PM
Take KD or Curry off of GS and replace them with Bron. Vegas would have there odds of winning the ship at above 90% before the season even started.

kobe4thewinbang
05-09-2017, 03:46 PM
DeRozan seems a bit more 'cool' about the possibility of Kyle Lowry signing with a different team. I don't care how tight they are as pals, if a dude is hurt every time you make the playoffs, that hurts. DeRozan says he wants the GM to get primarily shooters for him. Max Kellerman kept saying "oh Toronto is still old school, they don't shoot a lot of 3's, plus DeRozan's mid range skill..." but even DeRozan is saying it's time to update things. I think if they keep Ibaka and Tucker, let Lowry go or S&T him, draft a point guard and get some shooters, they'll be like the Memphis of the east.

TheDish87
05-09-2017, 03:55 PM
they need to blow it up. that team aint going nowhere with DD leading the way

kobe4thewinbang
05-09-2017, 04:05 PM
they need to blow it up. that team aint going nowhere with DD leading the wayThey don't need to blow it up. They have some decent glue guys. DeRozan ain't going nowhere, and I don't know what you're talking about. The dude been balling this year. You just gotta get him more help. You gotta ditch the Valancunias project, trade him to a team interested for 2-3 guys that can help you win now. They just need to tweak some things. They definitely ain't going anywhere with Kyle Lowry as a 2 in a 1-2 offense. He can stay for a pay cut as a 3rd option, but the dude is made of glass and undersized.

FlashBolt
05-09-2017, 04:31 PM
It's also laughable to me that you're still taking shots at Harden. Someone is clearly bitter. :eyebrow:

I'm not taking shots. I'm looking at their history. How about you debunk what I stated instead of assuming I keep taking shots at Harden. Go take a look at his history. His numbers decline in every aspect. His T/O ratio is went from 2 to 1.7. His efficiency plummets as well. This has nothing to do with Kobe. The fact is, players either play better, play the same, or play worse compared to the regular season in the playoffs. Harden falls in the latter. Either debunk THAT or quit assuming I'm a hater. I've been on multiple occasions saying Harden or RWB are the MVP. IDC who it is. So why would I be bitter?

TheDish87
05-09-2017, 04:42 PM
They don't need to blow it up. They have some decent glue guys. DeRozan ain't going nowhere, and I don't know what you're talking about. The dude been balling this year. You just gotta get him more help. You gotta ditch the Valancunias project, trade him to a team interested for 2-3 guys that can help you win now. They just need to tweak some things. They definitely ain't going anywhere with Kyle Lowry as a 2 in a 1-2 offense. He can stay for a pay cut as a 3rd option, but the dude is made of glass and undersized.

you make it sound way too easy, its not that simple. its doubtful they replace Lowry with a better player. Ibaka is gonna walk too. if DD is your #1 player thats not a contender, at least with Lowry he was like co #1 option since Lowry is better at almost everything except scoring.

aman_13
05-09-2017, 06:10 PM
DeRozan seems a bit more 'cool' about the possibility of Kyle Lowry signing with a different team. I don't care how tight they are as pals, if a dude is hurt every time you make the playoffs, that hurts. DeRozan says he wants the GM to get primarily shooters for him. Max Kellerman kept saying "oh Toronto is still old school, they don't shoot a lot of 3's, plus DeRozan's mid range skill..." but even DeRozan is saying it's time to update things. I think if they keep Ibaka and Tucker, let Lowry go or S&T him, draft a point guard and get some shooters, they'll be like the Memphis of the east.

They will be a different team next yr for sure. Masai is fed up with how they have played in the playoffs.

He wants the Raptors to play a different style and get away from the one on one and over dribbling.

mightybosstone
05-09-2017, 06:46 PM
I'm not taking shots. I'm looking at their history. How about you debunk what I stated instead of assuming I keep taking shots at Harden. Go take a look at his history. His numbers decline in every aspect. His T/O ratio is went from 2 to 1.7. His efficiency plummets as well. This has nothing to do with Kobe. The fact is, players either play better, play the same, or play worse compared to the regular season in the playoffs. Harden falls in the latter. Either debunk THAT or quit assuming I'm a hater. I've been on multiple occasions saying Harden or RWB are the MVP. IDC who it is. So why would I be bitter?

Oh wait, so Harden is among the vast majority of NBA players who don't perform as well in the regular season as they do in the playoffs? Shocking. You could take a look at the numbers of all superstars in the league's history, and most of them didn't put up numbers in the postseason equal to or greater than they did in the regular season. The guy's human, and very few players can boast that accomplishment. You want to compare Westy's postseason numbers this year to his regular season? You won't like what you find. That doesn't make it fair to compare him to inferior players.

No matter how you try to justify it, acting as if Harden is in the same conversation as a player as Derozan simply because he doesn't perform as well in the postseason is a DRASTIC oversimplification.

FlashBolt
05-09-2017, 06:58 PM
Oh wait, so Harden is among the vast majority of NBA players who don't perform as well in the regular season as they do in the playoffs? Shocking. You could take a look at the numbers of all superstars in the league's history, and most of them didn't put up numbers in the postseason equal to or greater than they did in the regular season. The guy's human, and very few players can boast that accomplishment. You want to compare Westy's postseason numbers this year to his regular season? You won't like what you find. That doesn't make it fair to compare him to inferior players.

No matter how you try to justify it, acting as if Harden is in the same conversation as a player as Derozan simply because he doesn't perform as well in the postseason is a DRASTIC oversimplification.

Why are you deflecting? You're giving me excuses but you're not giving me reasons as to why Harden's performance declines in the playoffs. I never compared him to DeRozan other than that both see drastic declines in performance come playoffs time. Your usage of strawman arguments is irritating. Westbrook has nothing to do with this and neither does DeRozan. Tell me, why does Harden struggle? Vast majority? Uhm, which vast majority have had a decline year after year in the playoffs? Is John Wall, Kawhi, LeBron, CP3, Paul George, are they having these declines? Nope. So what's your excuse for Harden year after year? Give me a break; dude. You're not answering my question rather you're simply deflecting this to blame every other star for having similar seasons. Newsflash: This is about Harden. He plays bad, I say it. You can give him the excuses all you want.

mightybosstone
05-09-2017, 07:21 PM
Why are you deflecting? You're giving me excuses but you're not giving me reasons as to why Harden's performance declines in the playoffs. I never compared him to DeRozan other than that both see drastic declines in performance come playoffs time. Your usage of strawman arguments is irritating. Westbrook has nothing to do with this and neither does DeRozan. Tell me, why does Harden struggle? Vast majority? Uhm, which vast majority have had a decline year after year in the playoffs? Is John Wall, Kawhi, LeBron, CP3, Paul George, are they having these declines? Nope. So what's your excuse for Harden year after year? Give me a break; dude. You're not answering my question rather you're simply deflecting this to blame every other star for having similar seasons. Newsflash: This is about Harden. He plays bad, I say it. You can give him the excuses all you want.

Wall's sample size is extremely small and George's numbers are roughly the same, but not really any better. Lebron and Paul are in the minority. If we were to glance at guys in the all-time top 10 conversation, probably only Lebron, MJ, Duncan and Hakeem posted better numbers in the playoffs than the regular season. Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Magic, Bird and Kobe all performed a step below their regular season production in the playoffs. And then there are guys like Oscar, Garnett, Malone, Robinson and Dr. J in that top 20 conversation that performed significantly below their regular season standards in the playoffs.

It's not rocket science, chief. The playoffs are a much more intense style of basketball that involve much tighter defense, far fewer calls and far few cleaner looks. A guy like Harden who is dependent on getting through the lane and getting to the line isn't as effective in the playoffs. He's not getting as many layups of free throws. But that doesn't make him a significantly lesser player. He's still putting up excellent numbers in this postseason, and he's still been every bit as integral to the Rockets success. Hell, he's posted 30/8/5/2 on 42 percent shooting with a 26.3 PER and a .220 WS/48. That's a fantastic line. How many guys in the league are capable of that in the regular season, much less the postseason? Those are better numbers by a mile than anything that Derozan did in the regular season. And sorry if I'm not overwhelmed by Derozan's 22/5/3 or his .064 WS/48 in the playoffs this year.

The two guys are not on the same wavelength as players and do not deserve to be spoken in the same breath. Derozan in the playoffs this year was a mediocre volume scorer who doesn't deserve to carry an 8 seed, much less a 3 seed. Harden in this postseason has been one of the 3-4 best players in the playoffs and an offensive juggernaut.

kobe4thewinbang
05-09-2017, 07:49 PM
They will be a different team next yr for sure. Masai is fed up with how they have played in the playoffs.

He wants the Raptors to play a different style and get away from the one on one and over dribbling.That sounds good for the Raptors, thanks for sharing. Lowry I just don't like much as a player. He is real inconsistent and he shoots those 3's that go in but if they miss I would be like "Wow, that is a bad shot." It would be nice if DeRozan got a solid 3PTer, but I like him a lot for his driving game and mid range prowess.

FlashBolt
05-09-2017, 08:20 PM
Wall's sample size is extremely small and George's numbers are roughly the same, but not really any better. Lebron and Paul are in the minority. If we were to glance at guys in the all-time top 10 conversation, probably only Lebron, MJ, Duncan and Hakeem posted better numbers in the playoffs than the regular season. Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Magic, Bird and Kobe all performed a step below their regular season production in the playoffs. And then there are guys like Oscar, Garnett, Malone, Robinson and Dr. J in that top 20 conversation that performed significantly below their regular season standards in the playoffs.

It's not rocket science, chief. The playoffs are a much more intense style of basketball that involve much tighter defense, far fewer calls and far few cleaner looks. A guy like Harden who is dependent on getting through the lane and getting to the line isn't as effective in the playoffs. He's not getting as many layups of free throws. But that doesn't make him a significantly lesser player. He's still putting up excellent numbers in this postseason, and he's still been every bit as integral to the Rockets success. Hell, he's posted 30/8/5/2 on 42 percent shooting with a 26.3 PER and a .220 WS/48. That's a fantastic line. How many guys in the league are capable of that in the regular season, much less the postseason? Those are better numbers by a mile than anything that Derozan did in the regular season. And sorry if I'm not overwhelmed by Derozan's 22/5/3 or his .064 WS/48 in the playoffs this year.

The two guys are not on the same wavelength as players and do not deserve to be spoken in the same breath. Derozan in the playoffs this year was a mediocre volume scorer who doesn't deserve to carry an 8 seed, much less a 3 seed. Harden in this postseason has been one of the 3-4 best players in the playoffs and an offensive juggernaut.

So Harden isn't as good as he is because he can't handle more intense pressure? Is that what you're arguing? You can't have it both ways. The guy doesn't step his game up in the playoffs and I never said or compared him to DeRozan. I simply said that him and DeRozan (and a few players such as Blake+Lowry) simply have below standard performances in the playoffs. And that's why I said Harden will be exposed against the Warriors because they will swamp the defense on him and he'll have to defend more than ever - which further exposes him. I don't see what part of that was a surprise to you. Harden being a top 3-4 player is probably accurate but that's due to the limited field of players. Russell/PG/Butler/CP3 were knocked out of the playoffs too soon, KD is on a stacked team along with Curry, and Harden is the only other guy to qualify. Kawhi+LeBron+Wall are the top three players in these playoffs. And this isn't Harden's first season in which he's underperformed in the playoffs. If the reason is because the playoffs is more intense, well, how does he expect to ever win if he's not adjusting his game?