PDA

View Full Version : EC Semifinals Series Thread: Cavs (2) vs Raptors (3) Cavs win 4-0

Pages : 1 [2] 3

FlashBolt
05-03-2017, 09:22 PM
Because LeBron is a diva. He cares about his personal stats more than anyone I have ever seen. You should legit change from an OKC fan to one of those who is a fan of whatever team LeBron is on. Never seen someone **** ride so hard in my life.

Why are you so upset? I already told you WHAT they will do.. and guess what, at the six minute mark, they take LeBron out. You clearly have no idea how this game works, dude. It's all about margins. Raptors can't score 25 points in 6 minutes but they can do so in 10 minutes. It's MATH. You should stop being upset at someone giving you facts. I said 6 minute point and it's the 6 minute point. I know what I'm talking about and you clearly, don't.

Nikeman
05-03-2017, 09:23 PM
Better pray for the warriors bro because if he wins this ring GOAT

Trust me bro, I root for LeBron. He won 2 championships with my team. I was supporting him both times to win another. As long as he's not beating Miami, I am pulling for him. But I call a spade a spade.

Flashbolt is an OKC fan who just blindly rides LeBron harder than I have ever seen in my life. Here's another example. LeBron may consider "legal" action against the beer company. Like how petty can he be?

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 09:23 PM
Trust me bro, I root for LeBron. He won 2 championships with my team. I was supporting him both times to win another. As long as he's not beating Miami, I am pulling for him. But I call a spade a spade.

Flashbolt is an OKC fan who just blindly rides LeBron harder than I have ever seen in my life. Here's another example. LeBron may consider "legal" action against the beer company. Like how petty can he be?

lmfao the hate is real... just stop.

Nikeman
05-03-2017, 09:24 PM
Why are you so upset? I already told you WHAT they will do.. and guess what, at the six minute mark, they take LeBron out. You clearly have no idea how this game works, dude. It's all about margins. Raptors can't score 25 points in 6 minutes but they can do so in 10 minutes. It's MATH. You should stop being upset at someone giving you facts. I said 6 minute point and it's the 6 minute point. I know what I'm talking about and you clearly, don't.

I love how everything you say is fact bro. You should be an NBA coach and stop acting so hard on PSD since only facts come out of your mouth bro. Like seriously?

If Lue was SO concerned about losing a 30 pt lead, he could have played more starters.

More-Than-Most
05-03-2017, 09:25 PM
I am in shock... I grow up on MJ and walk right into lebron... the 2 GOATS in my 32 year existence

Nikeman
05-03-2017, 09:25 PM
lmfao the hate is real... just stop.

Lol you are also big LeBron rider. No point arguing here.

Bostonjorge
05-03-2017, 09:26 PM
Lebron is playing like he's played this same exact core in the playoffs the last couple of years. James knows how to carve these guys up already.

FlashBolt

Okay, so how did I just ride LeBron when I said he would exit at the 6 minute point and then when he does, you're upset that I'm right? Whatever you say, pal. I have no reason to dislike him as a player but when he's 50,000 minutes in and wants to play more, to assume he's trying to "statpad" is laughable. He has no reason to. He played as perfect of a game any player could have played. He tried to stay in the game because mathematics show it is impossible for a team to score 25 points with 6 minutes left. Cavs bench is not good enough to hold a 25 point lead against the Raptors - who still had their starters out there.

IKnowHoops
Better pray for the warriors bro because if he wins this ring GOAT

The way he is playing, I would not bet against him. If he pull it off against this dubs team...even Trey will tell you he is GOAT. He already said Mike would have zero chance on this Cavs team to beat GS.

lol, please
Say what you want about this series, the Raptors, or their back court. The Cavaliers have been doubling up DeRozan every time he touches the ball. I don't care what lies IKnowHoops or FlashBolt feed you, no team is going to give that kind of respect really only Curry gets in the playoffs, if you "aren't good" or "disappear in the playoffs".

DeMar has Lebron SHOOK!!!!

tredigs
05-03-2017, 09:27 PM
21 FT attempts for Lebron god damn. That's 4 more than the Raptors whole team right now.

IKnowHoops
05-03-2017, 09:27 PM
Love Deron Williams on this team. Huge signing!

FlashBolt
05-03-2017, 09:28 PM
I love how everything you say is fact bro. You should be an NBA coach and stop acting so hard on PSD since only facts come out of your mouth bro. Like seriously?

If Lue was SO concerned about losing a 30 pt lead, he could have played more starters.

Or he could just play LeBron and rest Love+Kyrie? I don't understand your logic. Go find where I said something false. Did I not say he would exit at the 6 minute point? I knew that because I actually watch the games. They do it all the time because they don't trust the Cavs bench to maintain a lead. You're just being unreasonable. And here you are trying to insult me because you don't have a legitimate argument? Okay, good for you. I love how you haven't said one thing that has been correct but continue claiming we just ride LeBron. If I ride LeBron, you ride Micky Arison. And I don't mean the good ride.

IKnowHoops
05-03-2017, 09:29 PM
Tre, you still got Utah over Cleveland in a 7 game series bruh?

FlashBolt
05-03-2017, 09:32 PM
Love Deron Williams on this team. Huge signing!

He really is. I thought Korver was the biggest pickup for them but Deron has been the real big piece here. He picked up on how the Cavs play and his chemistry with Bron is off the roof. Also has stepped up defensively for them. He's known for bad defense, too.

lol, please
05-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Can't wait for game 3, DeRozan is going to come out on fire.

IKnowHoops
05-03-2017, 09:39 PM
He really is. I thought Korver was the biggest pickup for them but Deron has been the real big piece here. He picked up on how the Cavs play and his chemistry with Bron is off the roof. Also has stepped up defensively for them. He's known for bad defense, too.

If he's mentally in a good place and in shape, he is a poor mans CP3...which is an amazing "get" for your backup PG on the Cavs. Cavs have a great shot to win it all again.

lol, please
05-03-2017, 09:41 PM
If he's mentally in a good place and in shape, he is a poor mans CP3...which is an amazing "get" for your backup PG on the Cavs. Cavs have a great shot to win it all again.
I legit lol'd.

archdevil84
05-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Can't wait for game 3, DeRozan is going to come out on fire.

no he's not lol, he's gonna be terrible again. And even if he hits a couple of shots early, lebron wont have that and lock him down

tredigs
05-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Tre, you still got Utah over Cleveland in a 7 game series bruh?

I'd still probably take Utah yeah. But if the Cavs are shooting like this, they can stick with anyone. That said, Cavs gotta do this to a team worth their salt before I'm sold on them being clearly better than a healthy Utah. These Raps stars going ghost every season is such a tired act. That said, it's good to see that they are looking capable of turning it on. I wanna see a battle in these Finals.

lol, please
05-03-2017, 09:44 PM
no he's not lol, he's gonna be terrible again. And even if he hits a couple of shots early, lebron wont have that and lock him down
I definitely disagree with that. Like I said a page ago, DeRozan is getting doubled up all game because they know what can happen if they don't, and they don't want it. Look for Casey to make HOF-coach type adjustments to pick off his doubles and create openings on the floor for DeRozan to become that unstoppable force we know he can be. Raptors will bring this series to 2-1 in a classic.

FlashBolt
05-03-2017, 09:44 PM
DeRozan will come out FIRED all right... Drake will trade him for a bag of biscuits. Oh, you said come out on fire.. yeah, not gonna happen. Even if he does, Lowry will find a way to shoot 10% from the field. Hey, AMAN, what happened to PJ Tucker slowing LeBron down? Looks like they gave up on that quickly. Like I said, PJ Tucker can guard smaller guys but he can't do anything to Bron. He's too quick, too strong, and too smart for Tucker.

tp13baby
05-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Because LeBron is a diva. He cares about his personal stats more than anyone I have ever seen. You should legit change from an OKC fan to one of those who is a fan of whatever team LeBron is on. Never seen someone **** ride so hard in my life.
I can name 5 of the top my head without even thinking who cares more about their stats. Derozan, Faried, Kobe, PG13, Rondo with assists.

It is illegal to do what the beer company did. It's the principle you are overseeing. It's not hard to explain. Does he probably care about a random beer company? Nope. They are using likeness for marketing their product.

Do you also hate that college athletes are arguing they should get paid?

valade16
05-03-2017, 09:46 PM
The Cavs and Warriors may be undefeated when they meet in the Finals. How many teams have gone undefeated until the Finals? I'm assuming no finals has ever featured two teams that went undefeated in the playoffs facing off, how crazy would that be??

FlashBolt
05-03-2017, 09:46 PM
I would hate to be a Raptors fan in the playoffs. It's not fun to watch. They had no business being in the 2nd round.. should have been Bucks vs Cavs, Giannis vs Bron.

FlashBolt
05-03-2017, 09:48 PM
Lol. I just read about that beer thing.

1) LeBron gets paid to market brands. Why should he let a company benefit off him when he has no relationship to them? Would you let someone use your image without paying you?
2) That same beer company made "Quitness" beers in 2010 - a dig at LeBron.
3) Active NBA players are not allowed to sponsor alcohol.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure LeBron has a legitimate reason to seek a lawsuit against them. But I digress, you probably don't care about facts, do you?

zn23
05-03-2017, 10:00 PM
This was one of the worst defensive efforts I have ever seen from the Raptors. They just about rolled over and gave up. I kinda want them to get swept, so that will hopefully send a message to the front office.

GodsSon
05-03-2017, 10:01 PM
I would hate to be a Raptors fan in the playoffs. It's not fun to watch. They had no business being in the 2nd round.. should have been Bucks vs Cavs, Giannis vs Bron.

Lol.

How does it feel knowing your franchise pissed away a dynasty?

lol, please
05-03-2017, 10:02 PM
The Cavs and Warriors may be undefeated when they meet in the Finals. How many teams have gone undefeated until the Finals? I'm assuming no finals has ever featured two teams that went undefeated in the playoffs facing off, how crazy would that be??
Raptors are about to even this bad boy up.

FlashBolt
05-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Lol.

How does it feel knowing your franchise pissed away a dynasty?

How does it feel knowing your franchise will most likely resign Lowry and then continue having two "superstars" tied up in their cap for years to come? At least we have a player who actually isn't afraid of competition. I guess you enjoy when DeRozan shoots 1-10 in the field.

FlashBolt
05-03-2017, 10:05 PM
This was one of the worst defensive efforts I have ever seen from the Raptors. They just about rolled over and gave up. I kinda want them to get swept, so that will hopefully send a message to the front office.

They will resign Lowry, sadly. Either way, some franchise with a need for a PG will sign him to a max so he has nothing to worry about.

zn23
05-03-2017, 10:11 PM
They will resign Lowry, sadly. Either way, some franchise with a need for a PG will sign him to a max so he has nothing to worry about.

DeMarre Carrol was one of the worst signings of all time.

He was brought in to be a "LeBron stopper", however his defense sucks and he can't make wide open 3's.

NYKnickFanatic
05-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Raptors are about to even this bad boy up.

No. I know you hate the Cavs but come on.

Didn't you say the Raptors were going to run through the Cavs before the series started?

numba1CHANGsta
05-03-2017, 10:41 PM
R.i.p nba

aman_13
05-03-2017, 10:48 PM
DeRozan will come out FIRED all right... Drake will trade him for a bag of biscuits. Oh, you said come out on fire.. yeah, not gonna happen. Even if he does, Lowry will find a way to shoot 10% from the field. Hey, AMAN, what happened to PJ Tucker slowing LeBron down? Looks like they gave up on that quickly. Like I said, PJ Tucker can guard smaller guys but he can't do anything to Bron. He's too quick, too strong, and too smart for Tucker.

The Raptors have not been able to slow the pace of the Cavs down.

As a whole, they haven't congested the paint very well, nor made passing lanes difficult. LeBron has them guessing on defense. I always said it was going to be a team effort and it hasn't worked out. LeBron has picked them apart. Not surprised by it, he's the best player in the game for a reason.

I think the Raps will look more like themselves at home but this series is over. You can call out DeMar and Lowry all you want. I'm not going to blindly defend them. Although Lowry played well tonight.

lol, please
05-03-2017, 11:05 PM
No. I know you hate the Cavs but come on.

Didn't you say the Raptors were going to run through the Cavs before the series started?
Said they would win in 6 or 7, never said they would "run through" anyone.

Raptors biggest knock is they "beat themselves" too often, you'll never hear me say they will sweep anyone lol.

IKnowHoops
05-03-2017, 11:29 PM
DeMarre Carrol was one of the worst signings of all time.

He was brought in to be a "LeBron stopper", however his defense sucks and he can't make wide open 3's.

It's sad too, because once upon a time, he played the best defense on Lebron in the nba. Bron just has more dimensions to his game now...things that used to work don't anymore.

WaDe03
05-03-2017, 11:36 PM
LMFAO. Any player can get hot dude, get off his nuts.

Stealing WaDe3's "walks through the reg season turns it on in the playoffs" line is weak anyway. You're better than that MTM.

It's true though. I know you're praying someone knocks them out in the East and have been clinging hope on Toronto for the last few years or so but it isn't happening.

Vee-Rex
05-03-2017, 11:37 PM
Good game by the Cavs. LeBron is still locked into God mode. Remember when guys were crying about his regular season minutes?

Kyrie didn't shoot well but that was a solid game. THAT'S how you remain effective when the shot isn't falling, my man. Get teammates involved and don't be a pylon on defense.

I'm a bit concerned about the Lowry/Valanciunas PnR. It was effective and the game is closer if the Cavs aren't shooting threes well. We'll see if the Cavs adjust to it in game 3.

wiley6
05-03-2017, 11:37 PM
The depth of the Cavs bench, full of chip seeking whores, cast off by tanking teams is an embarrassment. The NBA is ********.

WaDe03
05-03-2017, 11:38 PM
I legit lol'd.

You said the same **** last year.

WaDe03
05-03-2017, 11:41 PM

Raptors biggest knock is they "beat themselves" too often, you'll never hear me say they will sweep anyone lol.

Nobodies beating the Raptors in this series but the Cavs. Raptors aren't beating themselves they just have literally no one to match up or come close to canceling out LeBron.

Lowry and DD are playoff choke artists, I've never seen anything like it.

aman_13
05-03-2017, 11:43 PM
How have the ratings been overall for NBA playoff games? I can't imagine it has been good.

I also wonder about regular season games. I know ESPN has lost subs and are not doing well. This season seems like a down yr for the NBA.

tredigs
05-03-2017, 11:47 PM

Well they've gotta win 4 out of 5 now, so GL to them.

zn23
05-03-2017, 11:53 PM
Delete.... Wrong Thread

aman_13
05-03-2017, 11:55 PM
Good game by the Cavs. LeBron is still locked into God mode. Remember when guys were crying about his regular season minutes?

Kyrie didn't shoot well but that was a solid game. THAT'S how you remain effective when the shot isn't falling, my man. Get teammates involved and don't be a pylon on defense.

I'm a bit concerned about the Lowry/Valanciunas PnR. It was effective and the game is closer if the Cavs aren't shooting threes well. We'll see if the Cavs adjust to it in game 3.

One of the very few positives and the Raps did shoot the ball well for most of the game.

The problem is the Cavs are taking away the 3 pointers and living with anything the Raps do inside. The Raptors attempted 17 3s and the Cavs made 18 lol. You can't win that way.

Vee-Rex
05-04-2017, 12:01 AM
One of the very few positives and the Raps did shoot the ball well for most of the game.

The problem is the Cavs are taking away the 3 pointers and living with anything the Raps do inside. The Raptors attempted 17 3s and the Cavs made 18 lol. You can't win that way.

I did notice that. We were pretty boss at times on the perimeter, but it did lead to some good drives by the Raptors. I saw the Raptors driving in a lot in the early parts of the game and it had the Cavs defense flying all over.

I like Powell's game a lot and CoJo had a good game too, but some of those super small lineups led to a bunch of fouls on the Cavs. It was a bit of a weird game in that aspect.

Despite the big wins, I'll never underestimate the ACC and only hope the Cavs come out with the same style of play.

aman_13
05-04-2017, 12:11 AM
I did notice that. We were pretty boss at times on the perimeter, but it did lead to some good drives by the Raptors. I saw the Raptors driving in a lot in the early parts of the game and it had the Cavs defense flying all over.

I like Powell's game a lot and CoJo had a good game too, but some of those super small lineups led to a bunch of fouls on the Cavs. It was a bit of a weird game in that aspect.

Despite the big wins, I'll never underestimate the ACC and only hope the Cavs come out with the same style of play.

I believe they will. LeBron is playing at an incredible level. The way he's knocking down threes right now just makes the Cavs unfair lol. I do think they will play a little slower though, and they may not be as crisp offensively.

aman_13
05-04-2017, 12:27 AM
Ratings were even compared to last yr.

aman_13
05-04-2017, 12:33 AM
So much talk about players resting and the regular season games losing meaning didn't mean much for viewership.

IKnowHoops
05-04-2017, 12:50 AM
The depth of the Cavs bench, full of chip seeking whores, cast off by tanking teams is an embarrassment. The NBA is ********.

Lololololol

IKnowHoops
05-04-2017, 02:52 AM
Can we all agree the Cavs are at their complete best when its Kyrie who is ball dominant? He's had 10+ assists the last two games and the Cavs have been dominant. LeBron is a better off-ball player. When LeBron handles the ball, its 4 people standing at the 3 pt line and one guy driving and kicking out.

Everyone just seems so much more engaged when Irving is creating and their offense seems 10x more fluid. Irving needs to continue with this mentality

No one would be happier than Lebron, if Kyrie looks to get 10asst every game. Problem is, usually Kyrie is an Iso machine. He finally woke up when the Cavs came back after a huge deficit against the Pacers without him. That was a great experience for him that will be and has already been key to his development.

The reason the offense appears better when Kyrie is passing, is because you now have Lebron as a finisher. Lebron doesn't have near a player to go to.

IKnowHoops
05-04-2017, 03:06 AM
Just watched the full game. I only saw from mid 3rd on earlier because I was at work.

The Cavs go to another level when Kyrie is getting 10 asst a game. Makes everything so much easier for Lebron, and everyone is so much better and efficient for it. A big reason shots were falling tonight is because Kyrie got players a lot of open looks. A lot more open looks then they are used to.

Id say the single most important thing for the Cavs is to make sure Kyrie continues this new 10asst per game Kyrie. I love there chances against the Warriors if Kyrie will decide to do this.

IKnowHoops
05-04-2017, 03:11 AM
Also want to apologize to Lowry. His guy fell right on his ankle. Hope he is OK but high ankle sprains suck so bad.

Vee-Rex
05-04-2017, 08:54 AM
Just watched the full game. I only saw from mid 3rd on earlier because I was at work.

The Cavs go to another level when Kyrie is getting 10 asst a game. Makes everything so much easier for Lebron, and everyone is so much better and efficient for it. A big reason shots were falling tonight is because Kyrie got players a lot of open looks. A lot more open looks then they are used to.

Id say the single most important thing for the Cavs is to make sure Kyrie continues this new 10asst per game Kyrie. I love there chances against the Warriors if Kyrie will decide to do this.

Sadly, I have no optimism regarding Kyrie distributing the ball well. There are times when he'll have 8+ assists for like 4 games straight and then revert back to 0-3 assists. Jekyll and Hyde, and it's the reason why he averages 6'ish apg throughout the year (pretty much the same as Kemba, IT, Lillard, Conley, etc...) and never gets credit for being a similar passer to those guys. He's just inconsistent with it.

LeBron is the only one we can rely on in that department.

TheDish87
05-04-2017, 09:56 AM
lolol where are the clowns who said the Raps were gonna win and all that other BS. awfully quiet now.

ewing
05-04-2017, 09:58 AM
lolol where are the clowns who said the Raps were gonna win and all that other BS. awfully quiet now.

they were just establishing a false sense of security

FlashBolt
05-04-2017, 10:05 AM
LeBron for the playoffs:

34 pts
9 reb
7 ast
3 stl
2 blk
57 FG%
48% 3P%

He's been unstoppable. Him and Kawhi; two best players. No question, no doubt.

archdevil84
05-04-2017, 10:24 AM
the cavs as a whole might not have turned that switch, but lebron certainly has. I didnt expect to ever see a better version then the 2012-2013 lebron but man, he's taking it to a whole different level

Vee-Rex
05-04-2017, 10:39 AM

I said it before and I'll say it again:

The Indiana Pacers played VERY WELL and were heavily underrated. Instead, everyone wanted to poke fun at the Cavs and say that they were vulnerable and a worse team.

Also, DeMar DeRozan isn't on Paul George's level. We played similar defense on PG13 and he killed our traps and torched us from all over the court. Every time he touched the ball I wanted to close my eyes because our defense was helpless to stop a superstar that could hit shots anywhere and on anyone. DeMar isn't like that.

TheDish87
05-04-2017, 01:24 PM
had the raptors beating them last year... I think they will this year as well... Id throw everything at bron and make kyrie/love beat me... Cavs defense is a mess. Raptors in 6 though i pray the cavs win of course.

Raptors will win this in six. Sig quote me.

With the way the rest of the Cavaliers have been playing post ASB, they have no chance.

Raptors have an all around better team.... the cavs have lebron.... I hate the cavs defense... Its not me wanting to make an excuse for lebron... he is the god.... the rest of the team matters and I think the raptors/Celtics are better... I thought the heat/Raptors were last year but god mode lebron shut me up along with god mode kyrie... I am confident in lebron to repeat that but not kyrie.

It could be some people are tired of the narrative, but it could also be that some of us have been paying close attention to the Raptors for several seasons have noticed that they've gotten progressively better, and are a well built deep team that can, and will beat any team in the league on any given night.

Interesting take. If I were asked, I'd actually say pretty confidently that the Raptors match up really well with the Cavaliers.

lolololololololololololol

bucketss
05-04-2017, 01:50 PM

thats only 2 people, plus i didn't think they knew lebron was gonna turn into steph curry from 3.

Vee-Rex
05-04-2017, 01:58 PM
I'm disappointed in MTM for doubting LeBron's brilliance. He should be ashamed!

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 01:58 PM
thats only 2 people, plus i didn't think they knew lebron was gonna turn into steph curry from 3.

They better think again then, there's nothing LeBron can't do. He's already discovered the cure for cancer.

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 01:59 PM
I'm disappointed in MTM for doubting LeBron's brilliance. He should be ashamed!

You know why he's doing it though lol.

IKnowHoops
05-04-2017, 02:34 PM
LeBron for the playoffs:

34 pts
9 reb
7 ast
3 stl
2 blk
57 FG%
48% 3P%

He's been unstoppable. Him and Kawhi; two best players. No question, no doubt.

Only stat I care about is the 48% from 3. He does that and he is easily GOAT. Easily.

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 02:37 PM
Only stat I care about is the 48% from 3. He does that and he is easily GOAT. Easily.

So regardless of whatever else happens, as long as he shoots 48% from 3 hes the GOAT?

IKnowHoops
05-04-2017, 02:38 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again:

The Indiana Pacers played VERY WELL and were heavily underrated. Instead, everyone wanted to poke fun at the Cavs and say that they were vulnerable and a worse team.

Also, DeMar DeRozan isn't on Paul George's level. We played similar defense on PG13 and he killed our traps and torched us from all over the court. Every time he touched the ball I wanted to close my eyes because our defense was helpless to stop a superstar that could hit shots anywhere and on anyone. DeMar isn't like that.

Funny how only people who watch Cavs games seem to know this is not close. I feel guys who watch the Cavs play have a good sense of how good everyone else is because you get to see that player go up against the best. We have all seen PG go toe to toe with Lebron. We haven't seen that from Jimmy or DD.

IKnowHoops
05-04-2017, 02:41 PM

lololololol

IKnowHoops
05-04-2017, 02:44 PM
You know why he's doing it though lol.

Yeah, he's playing that game. A form of reverse psychology. Any chance he gets...I ain't mad at him. Gotta hit em from different angles for the cause.:laugh2:

IKnowHoops
05-04-2017, 02:46 PM
But what the hell is LOL Please up to. Or is he just that blind?

lol, please
05-04-2017, 03:24 PM

Right here boyo. Did you travel from the future, or did you forget that only 2/7 games have been played?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

TheDish87
05-04-2017, 04:24 PM
had the raptors beating them last year... I think they will this year as well... Id throw everything at bron and make kyrie/love beat me... Cavs defense is a mess. Raptors in 6 though i pray the cavs win of course.

With the way the rest of the Cavaliers have been playing post ASB, they have no chance.

Raptors have an all around better team.... the cavs have lebron.... I hate the cavs defense... Its not me wanting to make an excuse for lebron... he is the god.... the rest of the team matters and I think the raptors/Celtics are better... I thought the heat/Raptors were last year but god mode lebron shut me up along with god mode kyrie... I am confident in lebron to repeat that but not kyrie.

im aware but considering i know they will both ignore this thread otherwise i felt like these should re-appear. we all know they were talking out there ***** but still.

TheDish87
05-04-2017, 04:25 PM

Right here boyo. Did you travel from the future, or did you forget that only 2/7 games have been played?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

lol, please

FlashBolt
05-04-2017, 08:36 PM
People underestimate just how much of an impact Biyombo had against the Cavs last series. That's the only reason they even won two games. Biyombo just dominated the Cavs for some reason. The Cavs have trouble with the frontcourt because they have two main guys (Love/Frye) who can't play defense. They literally lost the only guy capable of making it somewhat more challenging. Now they rely on DeRozan and Lowry - who will shoot their own team out of the game.

ewing
05-04-2017, 09:37 PM
People underestimate just how much of an impact Biyombo had against the Cavs last series. That's the only reason they even won two games. Biyombo just dominated the Cavs for some reason. The Cavs have trouble with the frontcourt because they have two main guys (Love/Frye) who can't play defense. They literally lost the only guy capable of making it somewhat more challenging. Now they rely on DeRozan and Lowry - who will shoot their own team out of the game.

I thought Val and Serge might cause some trouble in the offensive glass and make the Cavs uncomfortably physically. They haven't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bucketss
05-04-2017, 09:55 PM

?

biyombo was not an offensive threat, it was his defense and rebounding that made an impact.

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 09:19 AM
I thought Val and Serge might cause some trouble in the offensive glass and make the Cavs uncomfortably physically. They haven't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serge has never been a really strong rebounder, so I knew he wouldn't really have a big impact there.

Val on the other hand does give Tristan trouble sometimes due to his size. The problem with Val is that he is atrocious at defending on the perimeter in the PnR situation. Toronto fans will tell you that Channing Frye destroys him at the 3-point line.

Wednesday's game highlighted that. Val would abuse Frye (or the help defender on the 4-on-3 situation) in the paint, then give up 3 to Frye. Score 2, give up 3.

Lowry has been playing well but he's been too passive IMO. They need more from him and DeRozan hasn't yet figured out how to beat the trap. We'll see what changes they make tonight.

WaDe03
05-05-2017, 09:47 AM
This Raptors team would push the Warriors to 7, maybe even OT. I'm curious to see if the Cavs will sweep them.

TheDish87
05-05-2017, 10:53 AM
Lowry now questionable for tonight. Poor raps. I cant see Lowry or Ibaka staying after this beatdown.

bucketss
05-05-2017, 12:22 PM
Lowry now questionable for tonight. Poor raps. I cant see Lowry or Ibaka staying after this beatdown.

lowry would be lucky if we still want him, hes commanding a max at 31, with an injury prone past.

TheDish87
05-05-2017, 12:29 PM
lowry would be lucky if we still want him, hes commanding a max at 31, with an injury prone past.

i mean you guys need him more than he needs you

WaDe03
05-05-2017, 12:31 PM

This is true. The Raps won't be able to replace him.

IKnowHoops
05-05-2017, 12:33 PM
So regardless of whatever else happens, as long as he shoots 48% from 3 hes the GOAT?

No, if he adds that 3pt efficiency to the game we already know he has had for the last 12 years.

bucketss
05-05-2017, 12:56 PM

who else is gonna give him a 200 million contract?,

WaDe03
05-05-2017, 12:57 PM

How will you replace him if he's gone?

TheDish87
05-05-2017, 01:33 PM

who says he even gets offered it?

lol, please
05-05-2017, 02:45 PM
This Raptors team would push the Warriors to 7, maybe even OT. I'm curious to see if the Cavs will sweep them.

You're mocking me here but two things:

1. If the Raptors are healthy and not shooting themselves in the foot all series, I agree. I said before the playoffs the Raptors would, and could push the Warriors to 7. I consider them built to do so.

2. If we pretend your statement to be true, it makes sense, because matchups matter similar to boxing. A team can take one team to 7, and get swept by a "lesser" team.

TheDish87
05-05-2017, 03:53 PM
i really dont know if you are trolling hard or just brain dead.

WaDe03
05-05-2017, 04:38 PM
You're mocking me here but two things:

1. If the Raptors are healthy and not shooting themselves in the foot all series, I agree. I said before the playoffs the Raptors would, and could push the Warriors to 7. I consider them built to do so.

2. If we pretend your statement to be true, it makes sense, because matchups matter similar to boxing. A team can take one team to 7, and get swept by a "lesser" team.

Healthy Bulls and playoff Wade not getting injured at the end of the year probably win it all.

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 07:05 PM
Healthy Bulls and playoff Wade not getting injured at the end of the year probably win it all.

Well said. I'd love to see a healthy Bulls team matchup with the Warriors.

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Let's go Cavs!!! This is a HUGE game

bucketss
05-05-2017, 07:09 PM
who says he even gets offered it?

the guy isnt even starting today, injury prone, and 31 yrs old. think about it, would you give him the money?. like i said hes lucky if we still want him

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 07:17 PM
I can't stand Hubie

lol, please
05-05-2017, 07:29 PM
Joseph with the steal!!!!

Ibaka to the rim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!! Let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:cheer: :cheer:

lol, please
05-05-2017, 07:32 PM
DeRozan to the mutherfooookin rim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

archdevil84
05-05-2017, 07:34 PM
hubie brown is the fcking worst. his voice sounds like an old man who is constantly pooping. ughhhh

lol, please
05-05-2017, 07:37 PM
DeGOATzan is in the building folks!

WHAT A REJECTION BY IBAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:faint:

archdevil84
05-05-2017, 07:37 PM
listen to this old fool. no one plays the glass better then kyrie? what about wade dumbass...

lol, please
05-05-2017, 07:51 PM
Love how they fouled DeGOATzan. They know they can't stop him and that's why they glued two men on him through the first two games. Not even Curry gets this kind of respect.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 07:52 PM
The feed to Valanciunas doe! Valanciunas, Powell, and Derozan are all having MONSTER games today.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 07:53 PM
Phantom foul on Derozan. It begins.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Smith has no right to complain. :facepalm:

Cavaliers have been getting bailed out by the refs all game.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 08:04 PM
2 point game boyos

lol, please
05-05-2017, 08:05 PM
Ibaka ties this bad boy up!

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Kyrie with the three from deeeeeeeeeep. Can't leave him open like that! What do you think, lol please????

zn23
05-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Raps are 0-9 from 3.... Their only chance to win a game in this series is if the Cavs have a really bad game where they turn the ball over a lot and miss a bunch of threes. Otherwise, the Cavs can play at 50% and still beat them.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 08:10 PM
And 1 Derozan!!!!!

:faint:

lol, please
05-05-2017, 08:11 PM
Raptors have a two point lead.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Raptors with the lead into the half.

What a game.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Kyrie with the three from deeeeeeeeeep. Can't leave him open like that! What do you think, lol please????
I think Derozan keeps the whole team up at night as it's clear without a constant double team they can't phase him. I also think Lebron is crumbling mentally. It was clear from his post game interviews of game 2 that he had this series marked on his calendar from a year ago and the Raptors are in control.

archdevil84
05-05-2017, 08:17 PM
I think Derozan keeps the whole team up at night as it's clear without a constant double team they can't phase him. I also think Lebron is crumbling mentally. It was clear from his post game interviews of game 2 that he had this series marked on his calendar from a year ago and the Raptors are in control.

dude seriously wtf are you talking about? lebron is crumbling mentally? the raptors are in control? the complete opposite is happening lol

lol, please
05-05-2017, 08:19 PM
dude seriously wtf are you talking about? lebron is crumbling mentally? the raptors are in control? the complete opposite is happening lol
Are you even watching lol?

I could tell from a little before he faked a foul when he tried to reach a deep pass from Love that he's mentally shook and in panic mode. Derozan has been abusing him on the other end and he has no answer for Valanciunas or Ibaka in the paint.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 08:22 PM
Two role players who have stepped up huge today are Joseph and Powell. Big games from both of them. Really impressive so far, but there's plenty of time left, consistency is key.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Game just keeps getting more physical.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 08:40 PM
And 1 Derozan!!!!!

What a machine

archdevil84
05-05-2017, 08:42 PM
jesus christ does hubie brown ever stfu

lol, please
05-05-2017, 08:50 PM
What a game.

jason
05-05-2017, 08:53 PM
So Lowry couldnt play this game?

lol, please
05-05-2017, 08:56 PM
Derozan is just a savage

lol, please
05-05-2017, 08:58 PM
CLUTCH 3 from Tucker

archdevil84
05-05-2017, 08:58 PM
kyrie has been garbage so far

lol, please
05-05-2017, 08:59 PM
kyrie has been garbage so far
Yea he's not having a great game.

IKnowHoops
05-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Lol@lol. He's in form

IKnowHoops
05-05-2017, 09:03 PM
Korver is Wet!!!!

IKnowHoops
05-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Thompson is Wet from 3.....feet

IKnowHoops
05-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Glad Deron is in.

IKnowHoops
05-05-2017, 09:05 PM
Cavs win if they just keep Deron in for the rest of the game

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 09:06 PM
Korver is WET!

IKnowHoops
05-05-2017, 09:07 PM
I just started watching with 4min to go in the 3rd. Has Kyrie been facilitating in this game?

Vee-Rex
I don't masturbate but I'm thinking about it right now!!!

archdevil84
the cavs have inserted their death lineup

Vee-Rex
I just started watching with 4min to go in the 3rd. Has Kyrie been facilitating in this game?

Nope. He has been trash.

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Deron Williams is WET!!!! OMG!!

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 09:09 PM
Lol p is gonna buy a LeBron jersey soon!

lol, please
05-05-2017, 09:10 PM
LMAO @ Shumpert

:facepalm:

lol, please
05-05-2017, 09:11 PM
Phantom foul on Ibaka

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 09:11 PM
Hubie is SALTY it's so obvious he's rooting for Toronto.

IKnowHoops
05-05-2017, 09:13 PM
Hubie is SALTY it's so obvious he's rooting for Toronto.

Yup

jason
05-05-2017, 09:15 PM
Finally decent game from Derozan. Would have been nice if Raptors were healthy. Lebron having another good game besides the turnovers

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Kyle Korver with the monster block!!

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 09:17 PM
Kyle Gobert Korver out here!!

JAZZNC
05-05-2017, 09:18 PM
I don't masturbate
And I'm the Easter Bunny.

Side note, you said yesterday the Jazz were the worst offensive team left....have ya watched the Raptors? Ugh...

IKnowHoops
05-05-2017, 09:18 PM
Every time Bron gets the ball, it's like he's pissin down lol's throat.

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 09:19 PM
LeBron with the bully ball! You seeing this, lol p????? WOW!!

IKnowHoops
Told ya, keep in Deron... Easy win

Pfeifer
Ibaka is such a selfish player.

DanG
05-05-2017, 09:20 PM
The Raps are just horrible, the offense is so ****.

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 09:20 PM

Side note, you said yesterday the Jazz were the worst offensive team left....have ya watched the Raptors? Ugh...

It's between Raps and Jazz. I did say "probably". Raps are missing Lowry badly right now

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 09:21 PM
Bron is wet!!! Curry only WISH he could shoot like that, lol p! Wow!!!

IKnowHoops
Bron just sonned lol please

lol, please
LeBron with the bully ball! You seeing this, lol p????? WOW!!
Really it's just the Raptors missing shots and having poor possessions lol. Weak efforts to get my rustled.

jason

Well said

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 09:22 PM
TT took Ibakas SOUL! LP this is incredible!

lol, please
05-05-2017, 09:22 PM
Raptors just lost the lead and are down because of a 17-1 run but people think their offense is always like this. :laugh2:

exposed for just tuning in.

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Bron just sonned lol please

Well said :laugh2:

tredigs
05-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Raptors are a team with no life outside of Derozan tonight. That's sad to see in the playoffs. Sweep's a comin'.

IKnowHoops
05-05-2017, 09:26 PM
Where is Channing?

More-Than-Most
05-05-2017, 09:26 PM
lol so much for mentally weak lebron who is checking out right lolphillies... My man isnt curry he carries

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 09:27 PM
On another note (and playful banter with lol p aside), this might be a game the Raps win with Lowry. DD was unstoppable and CoJo carried for a half. They just sputtered and needed more help in the 4th.

More-Than-Most
i just cant figure out how a raptors team with so much talent can be so fragile... they should be so much better really... I get lebron is in god mode but to be swept should scream for them to make changes this off season

lol, please
Raptors will shoot themselves out of the game if they try and shoot 3's trying to get back in it, they haven't been falling for them all game.

More-Than-Most
05-05-2017, 09:28 PM
lebron answering the people that say KL is playing better... : )

NYKnickFanatic
Did you just see that move...Holy crap Bron

NYKnickFanatic
Spin off, foul line jumper with the LEFT...

IKnowHoops
05-05-2017, 09:29 PM
MJ I mean Lebron is making it loose to easy.

tredigs
You know Bron's feelin' it when he's 15 for 16 from the line -- and hitting lefty floaters.

More-Than-Most
the cavs got this lead because kyrie stopped shooting... He needs to take smarter shots and just run the offense.

lol, please
lol so much for mentally weak lebron who is checking out right lolphillies... My man isnt curry he carries
His team retaking the lead and creating a gap has a lot to do with that. I think if they never take the lead back when they did, he's likely ejected by this point.

aman_13
05-05-2017, 09:30 PM
i just cant figure out how a raptors team with so much talent can be so fragile... they should be so much better really... I get lebron is in god mode but to be swept should scream for them to make changes this off season

They have a terrible coach. All they do is run pick and roll. Absolutely no unique plays. No off ball screens. Just pick and roll for whoever has the ball and drive and kick. Of course teams are going to figure them out.

lol, please
MJ I mean Lebron is making it loose to easy.

That's disrespectful to Air Jordan.

IKnowHoops
lebron answering the people that say KL is playing better... : )

KL's advanced stats are better, But Bron is doing much more on the court.

IKnowHoops
05-05-2017, 09:31 PM
That's disrespectful to Air Jordan.

I disrespected Bron

archdevil84
05-05-2017, 09:32 PM
god lol P youre trolling so hard

KobeOwnSU
05-05-2017, 09:33 PM
Damn. Went out to grill some carne asada and came back in and it was a blow out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

lol, please
05-05-2017, 09:34 PM
god lol P youre trolling so hard

What did I say?

:confused:

lol, please
05-05-2017, 09:35 PM
Damn. Went out to grill some carne asada and came back in and it was a blow out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Depending on when you went to go grill, you may have missed some Derozan epicness.

aman_13
05-05-2017, 09:35 PM
I can't believe the Raps are about to get swept. I knew they were going to lose but they are massively underachieving in this series.

Alvin Williams said it best. The Raptors are always adjusting to other team. Never do they force the other team to match up to them.

zn23
05-05-2017, 09:36 PM
The Raptors are an absolute embarrassment.

The two bums have to get rid of are Demarre "The LeBron stopper" Carrol and Patrick Patterson. They have a worthless bench.

archdevil84
Veerex, Tg11 and me are gonna be rich sunday

valade16
Anyone still think the Raptors will be a threat to the Cavs?

More-Than-Most
05-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Win PCT of Opponents faced in conference heading into the finals

MJ-61pct
Lebron-59pct
Bird-57pct
Magic-56pct

Keep talking cake walks please... The reason why it looks so easy is because Lebron is amazing

Lebron without the wade

17 post season series wins
8 winning seasons
Post season record 72-36

MJ Without Pippen

0 playoff series wins
0 winning seasons
1-9 in the playoffs

lol, please
05-05-2017, 09:38 PM
I can't believe the Raps are about to get swept. I knew they were going to lose but they massively underachieving in this series.

Alvin Williams said it best. The Raptors are always adjusting to other team. Never do they force the other team to match up to them.
Definitely underachieving thus far. This team playing right and healthy takes any team in the league to 7 they can't shut down earlier.

It will be interesting to see what moves they make in the offseason. Add some talent to that bench, more big men, keep the back court and Valanciunas, and Ibaka.

tredigs
05-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Sad look when literally every floor seat fans for the game had left a playoff game with 3 minutes to go.

NYKnickFanatic
05-05-2017, 09:39 PM
I say it every year. The Raptors are a really good regular season team but not a good playoff team.

Yes, they do have to run into the Cavs but every year people say they will give the Cavs a run for their money and get manhandled.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 09:40 PM
Anyone still think the Raptors will be a threat to the Cavs?
Of course, and especially moving forward.

Lowry is injured, and the team isn't playing their best ball / underachieving.

Demare was also clearly a miss as far as moves to improve go. This team is only moving up.

IKnowHoops
05-05-2017, 09:41 PM
the cavs got this lead because kyrie stopped shooting... He needs to take smarter shots and just run the offense.

Kyrie can become a negative player real quick

krazylegz
05-05-2017, 09:43 PM
lebron is your god

aman_13
05-05-2017, 09:43 PM
Definitely underachieving thus far. This team playing right and healthy takes any team in the league to 7 they can't shut down earlier.

It will be interesting to see what moves they make in the offseason. Add some talent to that bench, more big men, keep the back court and Valanciunas, and Ibaka.

They need to change their style of play. Forget this old school style of basketball.

I don't know about roster moves. This will be a very interesting off season. Don't know what they will do.

krazylegz
05-05-2017, 09:45 PM
damn,that blonde in the front row near the cavs bench was BAAAAAAAAAAANGIN"

aman_13
05-05-2017, 09:45 PM
Carroll is gone. I can't see him returning. I don't think it's a good idea to bring back Ibaka. He's not worth max money. I have no idea what they will do with Lowry. I'm guessing he will be back.

zn23
05-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Carroll is gone. I can't see him returning. I don't think it's a good idea to bring back Ibaka. He's not worth max money. I have no idea what they will do with Lowry. I'm guessing he will be back.

Carroll has to go, He plays too much of a bum to be worth $14M. He was brought in to stop LeBron, and he hasn't come close to doing that. Patrick Patterson can also leave, he's a bum too. I don't know how many years Ibaka has left on his deal, but it can't be many.

The future looks really bad for the Raps right now. They might be forced to overpay for Lowry because there just isn't anyone else out there. Then you have to think about what they will do with JV. He hasn't emerged as the player that they envisioned.

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 09:51 PM
Kyrie can become a negative player real quick

If I was Lue I would've thrown Kyrie in with James Jones and the end of the bench guys during garbage time. That's where he belonged.

I do give some credit to CoJo. He defends Kyrie so well.

FlashBolt
05-05-2017, 09:52 PM
1) Raptors are a good regular season team but they need to get rid of that coach and system.
2) Kyrie's shot selection has been terrible. He needs to take more of a passive approach when his shots aren't falling. Unncessary to put up 20+ shots when other guys are playing well.
3) Korver was huge for the Cavs. Deron Williams continues to be a great backup. Might not show up in the stat-sheet but he played some valuable minutes and helped the surge.
4) LeBron.. what can I say. This is too easy for him. I'm watching everyone expand so much energy and then not a single sweat drip from LeBron. I don't think this guy is even trying, tbh. Looks like he's waiting for Warriors, only.

FlashBolt
05-05-2017, 09:55 PM
If I was Lue I would've thrown Kyrie in with James Jones and the end of the bench guys during garbage time. That's where he belonged.

The next level of his game is where he understands WHEN to shoot and WHEN to pass. It seems he's "shoot, shoot, shoot, pass" when the Cavs work best when he's "shoot, pass, shoot." He doesn't do it unless he really has to and it's incredibly difficult to watch when he's off. Against the Warriors in which every possession matters, he's going to cost them big time. CoJo did a great job because he fights through picks. I think Kyrie knowing CoJo always being behind him forced Kyrie to shoot the ball a bit earlier than he wanted to but still. Guys were playing well, no need to force terrible shots. 2nd time in which Kyrie was benched and Cavs dominated.

bucketss
05-05-2017, 09:55 PM
Carroll has to go, He plays too much of a bum to be worth $14M. He was brought in to stop LeBron, and he hasn't come close to doing that. Patrick Patterson can also leave, he's a bum too. I don't know how many years Ibaka has left on his deal, but it can't be many.

The future looks really bad for the Raps right now. They might be forced to overpay for Lowry because there just isn't anyone else out there. Then you have to think about what they will do with JV. He hasn't emerged as the player that they envisioned.

ibaka is a free agent, i wish carrol could go away but no ones touching his contract he has like 2 years left.

aman_13
05-05-2017, 09:59 PM

Ibaka is a FA. Yeah I don't know about Lowry. We may have seen him play his last game in Cleveland. Don't know what will happen but I think he will be back.

JV just can't stay on the floor against teams that go small. He will be back tho. I can see him coming off the bench next season.

aman_13
05-05-2017, 10:01 PM

I thought he defended him well last yr too.

aman_13
05-05-2017, 10:05 PM
The next level of his game is where he understands WHEN to shoot and WHEN to pass. It seems he's "shoot, shoot, shoot, pass" when the Cavs work best when he's "shoot, pass, shoot." He doesn't do it unless he really has to and it's incredibly difficult to watch when he's off. Against the Warriors in which every possession matters, he's going to cost them big time. CoJo did a great job because he fights through picks. I think Kyrie knowing CoJo always being behind him forced Kyrie to shoot the ball a bit earlier than he wanted to but still. Guys were playing well, no need to force terrible shots. 2nd time in which Kyrie was benched and Cavs dominated.

It's so nice knowing you can have a bad game and still win. Two games in a row where he didn't shoot the ball well and his team wins.

Lowry and DeMar have an off night and the game is over.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 10:06 PM
They need to change their style of play. Forget this old school style of basketball.

I don't know about roster moves. This will be a very interesting off season. Don't know what they will do.

It's not necessarily the style of play as much as using a system that also fits your players or bringing in players that fit your system. People see that a few teams are successful in one way and are quick to say "oh the NBA has changed" but really it's the players executing more than anything.

cmellofan15
05-05-2017, 10:12 PM
The 7th seeded pacers played a much better series thus far than the raptors. This core has no chance of getting to a finals appearance.

FlashBolt
05-05-2017, 10:14 PM
Did the Raptors just quit on P.J. Tucker guarding Bron? I think they started off having Powell on him. Didn't matter. I hate how Demarre had one good season playing with the then, very good Hawks team and all of a sudden he fools a team to pay him big dollars.. dude has been terrible. He couldn't even guard LeBron's son at this point. Some of you guys aren't giving PG enough credit for the 1st round series they had. He was the only guy in the East (Giannis might be an option here too) capable of making LeBron really get serious. These other teams are just clowns, man..

aman_13
05-05-2017, 10:19 PM
It's not necessarily the style of play as much as using a system that also fits your players or bringing in players that fit your system. People see that a few teams are successful in one way and are quick to say "oh the NBA has changed" but really it's the players executing more than anything.

Well that's true but you can't win in this league if you don't shoot threes. The Raptors were never a three point shooting team and were forced to be one against the Cavs and they got exposed.

They used to be an effecient three point shooting team prior to the Ross trade but was never a team that relied on it.

aman_13
05-05-2017, 10:22 PM
The 7th seeded pacers played a much better series thus far than the raptors. This core has no chance of getting to a finals appearance.

The Raptors have a much better roster than the Pacers. The Pacers have PG but they also ran better sets and were able to knock down threes.

FlashBolt
05-05-2017, 10:25 PM
The Raptors have a much better roster than the Pacers. The Pacers have PG but they also ran better sets and were able to knock down threes.

PG is better than anyone on the Raptors and the Pacers as a team are just more physical and tougher than the Raptors. Raptors play too damn soft. The Pacers might have lost but they battled every play.

aman_13
05-05-2017, 10:58 PM
PG is better than anyone on the Raptors and the Pacers as a team are just more physical and tougher than the Raptors. Raptors play too damn soft. The Pacers might have lost but they battled every play.

Sure but I don't think the Cavs played as well against the Pacers.

WaDe03
05-05-2017, 11:00 PM
Sure but I don't think the Cavs played as well against the Pacers.

Maybe not, but wouldn't the Pacers physicality be a factor in that?

WaDe03
05-05-2017, 11:02 PM
LeBron is unbelievable.

IKnowHoops
05-05-2017, 11:10 PM

Trade Kyrie for George in off season and give the rains to Deron? Team is better!?

aman_13
05-05-2017, 11:11 PM
Maybe not, but wouldn't the Pacers physicality be a factor in that?

I didn't really see any physicality. I just thought the Pacers were making shots. The Cavs didn't look as engaged and interested for 48 minutes like they did against the Raptors. That's why they would blow leads against the Pacers or have to come back in that one game.

WaDe03
05-05-2017, 11:12 PM
Trade Kyrie for George in off season and give the rains to Deron? Team is better!?

What do you do when George leaves the following season to LA because he wants to try and make a name for himself and not play in LeBrons shadow?

I agree they would be better and that would be scary as **** but you've got to keep those things in mind too.

WaDe03
05-05-2017, 11:15 PM
I didn't really see any physicality. I just thought the Pacers were making shots. The Cavs didn't look as engaged and interested for 48 minutes like they did against the Raptors. That's why they would blow leads against the Pacers or have to come back in that one game.

These Paul george Pacers teams seem to always be physical. Not as much now as they were but they're definitely scrappy. I think you guys kind of backed away from the challenge and let them walk over you. Tucker and Ibaka were supposed to bring that toughness and scrappy physical play, at least I thought. They haven't made it tough on LeBron at all but then again who can?

FlashBolt
05-05-2017, 11:19 PM
What do you do when George leaves the following season to LA because he wants to try and make a name for himself and not play in LeBrons shadow?

I agree they would be better and that would be scary as **** but you've got to keep those things in mind too.

1) PG ain't leaving with Bron on the team. If he does, he's an idiot and deserves to lose.
2) If #1 happens, so be it. CP3, get your booty here. Wade? You still wanna win? There's a spot for you.
3) Melo for Love.

As much as I like Kyrie and think he's needed to beat the Warriors; he's not better than CP3. The defense on this Cavs team would probably stink but the offense would be unreal. I'd like to believe these guys would have crazy chemistry. CP3+LeBron probably carry two of the highest BBIQ's in the game currently/all-time.

FlashBolt
05-05-2017, 11:25 PM
I was curious about this banana-boat thingy as I think it happens. Found out that Melo+Wade+CP3+LeBron can all be free agents in 2018. This is totally planned.

LOb0
05-06-2017, 12:09 AM
I can't even fathom how bad the Raptors are. They look like an 8th seed right now.

Dade County
05-06-2017, 12:23 AM

Let Lowry opt out, they shouldn't re-sign him. Get longer/taller at that position.

But i think they should keep Ibaka, but not max money though. Trade JV & go small ball.

lol, please
05-06-2017, 12:28 AM
Let Lowry opt out, they shouldn't re-sign him. Get longer/taller at that position.

But i think they should keep Ibaka, but not max money though. Trade JV & go small ball.
Negative. Build around DeGOATzan and JV and bring in big men, like utah. Lebron would never get through Toronto.

Dade County
05-06-2017, 12:39 AM
I was curious about this banana-boat thingy as I think it happens. Found out that Melo+Wade+CP3+LeBron can all be free agents in 2018. This is totally planned.

As long as they stay away from Miami.

Dade County
05-06-2017, 12:42 AM
Negative. Build around DeGOATzan and JV and bring in big men, like utah. Lebron would never get through Toronto.

Stop it...

Cavs would just shoot them out the gym. It's not going to work, Raps need ball movement with positionless players.

& just wait until father time slows Lbj down
The Jazz can not compete with teams like GS & Cavs.

Dade County
05-06-2017, 12:53 AM
Also I hope you guys notice, that the Cavs didnt play Irving or Love in the 4th qtr. They did the samething against the (maybe also in game 3).

I believe this is Lbj way of saying, if they can't beat me with my 2nd & 3rd best player not in the game, we not giving them the win.

I wish he would have did the samething when he was in Miami, instead of dragging out playoff series & giving the perception he had a tough road to the Finals, sometimes.

FOXHOUND
05-06-2017, 03:17 AM

CP3 and Wade would have to opt into their player options to make that happen. I don't think there's any chance CP3 is passing up that $205M.

FOXHOUND
05-06-2017, 03:21 AM
Honestly... Raptors need to blow it up. I was going to say they should talk to Ibaka about being their Bosh. Meaning stretch 5 who gives them strong rim protection and pick n roll D. But really, what the hell are they doing? They traded their 1st for Ibaka and he, Lowry, Tucker and Patterson are all FAs. What are they going to do, obliterate their cap space for the next 4 years to be this same team? Bah humbug, I say!

And really, this is the perfect time to trade DeRozan to the Lakers and get some assets before they cash in all of their chips for someone. Lowry is 30, Carroll is 30, Tucker is 31... **** this team lol. Is Masai is as awesome as everyone thinks he is, trading DeRozan for a big haul and setting them up for a strong rebuild would be a pretty ballsy and savvy move, imo.

TheDish87
05-06-2017, 09:16 AM
raps are a joke. time for a rebuild.

WaDe03
05-06-2017, 09:37 AM

Not if CP3 signs that huge 5 year deal this summer though unless they plan on teaming up wherever he signs.

WaDe03
05-06-2017, 09:41 AM
Also I hope you guys notice, that the Cavs didnt play Irving or Love in the 4th qtr. They did the samething against the (maybe also in game 3).

I believe this is Lbj way of saying, if they can't beat me with my 2nd & 3rd best player not in the game, we not giving them the win.

I wish he would have did the samething when he was in Miami, instead of dragging out playoff series & giving the perception he had a tough road to the Finals, sometimes.

You still believe that conspiracy nonsense?

nastynice
05-06-2017, 12:16 PM
the cavs as a whole might not have turned that switch, but lebron certainly has. I didnt expect to ever see a better version then the 2012-2013 lebron but man, he's taking it to a whole different level

Bro he's really something else this year. you just watch him on the court, clearly in a diff league than the other 9 players

lol, please
05-06-2017, 01:03 PM
Honestly... Raptors need to blow it up. I was going to say they should talk to Ibaka about being their Bosh. Meaning stretch 5 who gives them strong rim protection and pick n roll D. But really, what the hell are they doing? They traded their 1st for Ibaka and he, Lowry, Tucker and Patterson are all FAs. What are they going to do, obliterate their cap space for the next 4 years to be this same team? Bah humbug, I say!

And really, this is the perfect time to trade DeRozan to the Lakers and get some assets before they cash in all of their chips for someone. Lowry is 30, Carroll is 30, Tucker is 31... **** this team lol. Is Masai is as awesome as everyone thinks he is, trading DeRozan for a big haul and setting them up for a strong rebuild would be a pretty ballsy and savvy move, imo.

I literally lol'd. Trade DeRozan? Over going all in when you are on the cusp? Derozan is too good of a star to let go willingly. My gosh, what I would do to see him on the Warriors (without losing Curry, Klay, or other key pieces)

Dade County
05-06-2017, 01:08 PM
You still believe that conspiracy nonsense?

John 8:32
[32]And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

WaDe03
05-06-2017, 01:10 PM
Bro he's really something else this year. you just watch him on the court, clearly in a diff league than the other 9 players

I think he used to be better but he's definitely surrounded by his best fit now.

IKnowHoops
05-06-2017, 01:56 PM
I think he used to be better but he's definitely surrounded by his best fit now.

His physicality was better, but his skills are at there height right now. His 3-ball is unbelievable right now. If he keeps this up, nobody is close at all. If he can maintain shooting 49% from 3pt, I take him over Jordan without hesitation. I wouldn't think him shooting this well is possible, but after looking at his shot, this may really be him. In that case, he just took over GOAT spot in my book without question.

WaDe03
05-06-2017, 02:00 PM
His physicality was better, but his skills are at there height right now. His 3-ball is unbelievable right now. If he keeps this up, nobody is close at all. If he can maintain shooting 49% from 3pt, I take him over Jordan without hesitation. I wouldn't think him shooting this well is possible, but after looking at his shot, this may really be him. In that case, he just took over GOAT spot in my book without question.

Keep in mind Wade shot over 50% from 3 in the playoffs last year in 14 games.

LeBrons physicality and jumper/3 point shot and free throws were all better.

VersuSports
05-06-2017, 02:07 PM
Looking for pickup games near you? Bored on a Tuesday night and want to find a pickup game of basketball at a local park? Always play soccer on Sunday morning with your team and looking for more people to play with? Download VersuSports App at www.versusports.com

IKnowHoops
05-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Keep in mind Wade shot over 50% from 3 in the playoffs last year in 14 games.

LeBrons physicality and jumper/3 point shot and free throws were all better.

I don't expect Bron to keep shooting like that, but after really looking at his shot, and talking with a few friends of mine, I do think it is a little more possible that he does keep a really good 3pt shot in his arsenal. Probably not staying around 49, but I think he can be a 42% 3pt shooter which would still put him at the GOAT for me.

IKnowHoops
05-06-2017, 02:14 PM
Right now he is the co-goat IMO. Take either one, no argument from me. And I will probably never argue against MIKE, but I will in my now mind put Lebron as the unquestioned GOAT if he can maintain a 42+ 3pt shooting on top of what he already does. It would of been like Shaq adding a KG esque mid range jumper to his game. He would of been GOAT with that.

prodigy
05-06-2017, 02:15 PM
I don't expect Bron to keep shooting like that, but after really looking at his shot, and talking with a few friends of mine, I do think it is a little more possible that he does keep a really good 3pt shot in his arsenal. Probably not staying around 49, but I think he can be a 42% 3pt shooter which would still put him at the GOAT for me.

He's just getting better at everything.

prodigy
05-06-2017, 02:23 PM

hmmmm..... so much for this. Lebron crumbling mentally lmao! wow people lack knowledge. He was down 3 games to 1 vs the warriors last year. Sorry kid the Raptors are not gonna crumble Lebron.

prodigy
05-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Right now he is the co-goat IMO. Take either one, no argument from me. And I will probably never argue against MIKE, but I will in my now mind put Lebron as the unquestioned GOAT if he can maintain a 42+ 3pt shooting on top of what he already does. It would of been like Shaq adding a KG esque mid range jumper to his game. He would of been GOAT with that.

I personally believe Lebron is a better basketball player then Jordan but they are both amazing so its not worth arguing over. But if Lebron wins the finals this year I'm not sure how many can argue against it.

lol, please
05-06-2017, 03:37 PM
I personally believe Lebron is a better basketball player then Jordan but they are both amazing so its not worth arguing over. But if Lebron wins the finals this year I'm not sure how many can argue against it.
Lebron isn't even better than Curry. Athleticism and size does not equal skill.

Vee-Rex
05-06-2017, 03:56 PM
Lebron isn't even better than Curry. Athleticism and size does not equal skill.

Maybe not but Kyrie sure is.

lol, please
05-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Maybe not but Kyrie sure is.

Based on what? :laugh2:

IKnowHoops
05-06-2017, 07:10 PM
Based on what? :laugh2:

Based on the fact he gets wet!

lol, please
05-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Based on the fact he gets wet!
You better hope the Celtics or Wizards send the Cavaliers home if the Raptors don't, so both you and LeChoke can be spared the humiliation of the way Durant is going to expose him if he makes it to the finals.

:laugh2:

Vee-Rex
05-06-2017, 07:37 PM
You better hope the Celtics or Wizards send the Cavaliers home if the Raptors don't, so both you and LeChoke can be spared the humiliation of the way Durant is going to expose him if he makes it to the finals.

Raps are done. Wizards match up well with us - Celtics don't.

lol, please
05-06-2017, 08:28 PM
Raps are done. Wizards match up well with us - Celtics don't.

That was for IKnowHoops lol, don't touch.

love it when he's fired up.

FOXHOUND
05-06-2017, 09:15 PM
I literally lol'd. Trade DeRozan? Over going all in when you are on the cusp? Derozan is too good of a star to let go willingly. My gosh, what I would do to see him on the Warriors (without losing Curry, Klay, or other key pieces)

DeRozan, while inconsistent, is not the problem. I agree. The problem is that team will never compete with Cleveland and they have no way to get better. Saying they are on the cusp is generous, I think lol.

IKnowHoops
05-07-2017, 03:49 AM
Lebron is just to good. Cavs can make some trades this offseason and comprise the team with as much talent as GS. They dont have the balls to make the trades but I think they could get rid of Kyrie, Love, and Tristan and get back a very good team. Players that play defense and offense. This team is better with Deron Williams unless Kyrie is going Nova of course. Bron is always in Nova when Deron is the PG so it doesn't matter. I think the Cavs could bring in some guys that could play off of Deron very well and go Nova often as well.

Guys I would target in trade talks for Kyrie, Love, and Thompson.

Paul George
Jimmy Butler
Demar Derozan
Demarcus Cousins

kobe4thewinbang
05-07-2017, 03:53 AM
Deep down y'all know DeRozan wishes Lowry, despite how strong their friendship is, would stay healthy for ONE FREAKING PLAYOFFS. Damn...they would've probably won Game 3 if Lowry wasn't made of glass...again. Meanwhile, DeRozan is having a great season, balling early on especially, and then dropping 37 tonight. Damn. Toronto's GM should be looking into getting more backcourt help for this inevitable moment every year. Guys like Powell can be good every once in a while, but they need someone more reliable cuz Lowry just plain isn't. Don't waste DeRozan's prime.

kobe4thewinbang
05-07-2017, 03:58 AM

And really, this is the perfect time to trade DeRozan to the Lakers and get some assets before they cash in all of their chips for someone. Lowry is 30, Carroll is 30, Tucker is 31... **** this team lol. Is Masai is as awesome as everyone thinks he is, trading DeRozan for a big haul and setting them up for a strong rebuild would be a pretty ballsy and savvy move, imo.Say what? The dude clearly chose Toronto over LA last summer. You really think the Raptors would disrespect him like that? DeRozan is the Raptors only chance to be better one day. Dude is in his prime. They need to lose Lowry or at least make him a #3 option, and give up on the Valancuinas project. And trade Carroll, holy crap, who's been a huge disappointment since they got him.

kobe4thewinbang
05-07-2017, 04:04 AM
Eh?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mnlfhhc

Nuggets are begging people to take Chandler, Raptors clearly regret Carroll. This gets rids of the Jonas project to pair him next to Jokic, and Nuggets lose Faried as well who they have been trying to lose.

FOXHOUND
05-07-2017, 04:18 AM
Say what? The dude clearly chose Toronto over LA last summer. You really think the Raptors would disrespect him like that? DeRozan is the Raptors only chance to be better one day. Dude is in his prime. They need to lose Lowry or at least make him a #3 option, and give up on the Valancuinas project. And trade Carroll, holy crap, who's been a huge disappointment since they got him.

You misunderstand me, it has nothing to do with DeRozan. Saying the Lakers is as much about that being a place he would want to go to as much as it is about their assets. Look at the changes you suggested they need to do to get better.

Here's the problem - Lowry, Ibaka, Tucker and Patterson are all FA's. Lowry is 31 and Tucker is 32. It's not even a lock that all four would come back and just bringing one back will put them over the cap. They traded their 2017 1st for Ibaka.

They're at a crossroads as a franchise. They can trade DeRozan for a huge haul and start a strong rebuild effort with roster spots open across for young players. Jonas and Joseph are 25, Powell is 23, they can be part of that. Or, they can bring back this group, have no real way to improve them and set themselves up for 2nd round purgatory over the next 3-4 years while wasting DeRozan's prime.

It's not even just Cleveland. Boston is about to add a top 4 pick in a very strong draft and has another BK pick coming next year. Or, they're going to combine some assets for a star player. Washington is a growing young team with talent. Milwaukee is on the rise and may win 50 by next year. Too many of the Raptors key players are on the wrong side of 30 and they barely won 50 games this year. If they keep this team together, they'll probably end up as a 5th seed before long.