PDA

View Full Version : WC Semifinals Series Thread: Spurs (2) vs Rockets (3) Spurs win 4-2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

kdspurman
04-28-2017, 07:54 PM
http://static.nbastore.hk/images/homepage/west.png?version=000000

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/230/thumbs/8xe4813lzybfhfl14axgzzqeq.gif VS. http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/233/thumbs/827.gif

All games in EST

Game 1, Monday, May 1: Rockets at Spurs, 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 2, Wednesday, May 3: Rockets at Spurs, 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 3, Friday, May 5: Spurs at Rockets, 9:30 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 4, Sunday, May 7: Spurs at Rockets, Time TBD, TNT

Game 5*, Tuesday, May 9: Rockets at Spurs, Time TBD, TNT

Game 6*, Thursday, May 11: Spurs at Rockets, Time TBD, ESPN

Game 7*, Sunday, May 14: Rockets at Spurs, Time TBD,

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/230/thumbs/v8ogeim9sseg06ovyhmbp0cwg.gif

C: Clint Capela
PF: Ryan Anderson
SF: Trevor Ariza
SG: Patrick Beverly
PG: James Harden

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/233/thumbs/kkzhh1h70h284ov5yfshmxnwk.gif

C: Dewayne Dedmon
PF: Lamarcus Aldridge
SF: Kawhi Leonard
SG: Danny Green
PG: Tony Parker

Toyota Center, Houston

https://img1.qunarzz.com/travel/poi/1412/71/71d2a835ff7e1776cdb.jpg_r_400x266x95_2368535d.jpg

AT&T Center, San Antonio

http://i65.tinypic.com/wqztd1.jpg

KnicksorBust
04-28-2017, 09:09 PM
Spurs in 5

lol, please
04-28-2017, 10:18 PM
Voted Spurs in 7, but rooting for the Rockets in this one. Unless Lee has a performance for the ages of course.

rhino17
04-28-2017, 11:12 PM
I think it will go 7

and I'll pick Houston

LOb0
04-29-2017, 01:34 AM
Kawhi on Harden? I think that just bogs down the Rocket offense. Spurs in 6.

kobe4thewinbang
04-29-2017, 01:43 AM
Curious to see Mightybossstone's thoughts...

Hard for me to pick Spurs in less than 6 games after what happened with the Grizzlies. I'll stick with 6, and if it goes 7, then Spurs at home is going to be a tough uphill battle for the Rockets. Rockets could pull the upset, but as I said in the Grizzlies thread, Kawhi/Green are going to drive Harden nuts and Houston's defense just isn't as good.

Spurs in 6. I could see them winning in 5 games, too, but I think Harden is just too good to not win two games especially at home, although it will probably be 2-0 Spurs heading into Houston.

What about you, kdspurman?

Htownballa1622
04-29-2017, 12:04 PM
Brain says Spurs in 7.
Heart says Rockets in 6.

I'll blindly follow my heart. :hide:

Just thankful that these games SHOULD be more appealing to watch rather than those Thunder games. :puke:

rhino17
04-29-2017, 01:32 PM
Memphis isn't a good team and got 2 wins. Houston is the 3rd best team in basketball, makes no sense to me that some of you are predicting them to do worse than them

San Antonio has always been a pretty fair matchup for this Rockets team, games are always close

kdspurman
04-29-2017, 01:34 PM
Memphis isn't a good team and got 2 wins. Houston is the 3rd best team in basketball, makes no sense to me that some of you are predicting them to do worse than them

San Antonio has always been a pretty fair matchup for this Rockets team, games are always close

What exactly makes you think Memphis isnt a good team? Thats silly lol

Theyre a better team than OKC. They just dealt with injuries this season. Otherwise theyre probably higher than 7. What happens in 1 series has nothing to do with the next.

Bruno
04-29-2017, 01:36 PM
Four regular season games had an eight point differential.

kdspurman
04-29-2017, 01:40 PM

Hard for me to pick Spurs in less than 6 games after what happened with the Grizzlies. I'll stick with 6, and if it goes 7, then Spurs at home is going to be a tough uphill battle for the Rockets. Rockets could pull the upset, but as I said in the Grizzlies thread, Kawhi/Green are going to drive Harden nuts and Houston's defense just isn't as good.

Spurs in 6. I could see them winning in 5 games, too, but I think Harden is just too good to not win two games especially at home, although it will probably be 2-0 Spurs heading into Houston.

I honestly have no idea. Im still figuring out these Spurs. If it was last years or the years prior, id be confident in this being a quick series.

This year, idk... more guys have to step up than they did last series, and they'll likely have more opportunities/looks. Its just remains to be seen if they capitalize.

2 guys I'll be paying close attention to are LMA and Green. LMA will need to score more than he did vs Memphis (tougher front line to deal with) and Green needs to not miss every 3 he takes

kdspurman
04-29-2017, 01:46 PM
Also, the Rockets are the only WC team Tim Duncan never had the pleasure of eliminating. (Cause they never matched up) of course after he retires they face off.

And D'Antoni hasnt had success vs Pop in the past. Hopefully he's got something planned for these guys

KnicksorBust
04-29-2017, 02:12 PM

Theyre a better team than OKC. They just dealt with injuries this season. Otherwise theyre probably higher than 7. What happens in 1 series has nothing to do with the next.

This.

Tg11
04-29-2017, 04:11 PM
For me I say Spurs in 7 games

I think this will go 7 games because both teams are just so evenly matched

And not to mention seeing the defensive match-ups but also the offensive match-ups too this series on paper just seems so even which makes it hard to choose just which team moves on but I think it will ultimately be San Antonio

ewing
04-29-2017, 06:59 PM
Houston in 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhino17
04-29-2017, 07:18 PM

Memphis was a fringe playoff team. Even at full strength they were never gonna be higher than a 7 seed.

Houston on the other hand was one of 3 teams in the NBA ahead of the entire league in terms of wins and consistency. Comparing them to a lowly Memphis team is ludicrous.

kdspurman
04-29-2017, 07:43 PM
Memphis was a fringe playoff team. Even at full strength they were never gonna be higher than a 7 seed.

Houston on the other hand was one of 3 teams in the NBA ahead of the entire league in terms of wins and consistency. Comparing them to a lowly Memphis team is ludicrous.

Mike Conley missed what, almost 2 months? You mean to tell me they couldnt surpass OKC? 4 games? Not buying it man. Not to mention Parsons... at full strength, no way are they a 7 seed.

Idk who compared them to Memphis. They're very different types of teams. They present 2 completely different types of challenges.

rhino17
04-29-2017, 07:51 PM
Mike Conley missed what, almost 2 months? You mean to tell me they couldnt surpass OKC? 4 games? Not buying it man. Not to mention Parsons... at full strength, no way are they a 7 seed.

Idk who compared them to Memphis. They're very different types of teams. They present 2 completely different types of challenges.
Parsons is trash, he is done

Conley missed some games, they are still no OKC.

Im saying it ridiculous to pick the spurs in 5 when Houston finished 12 games ahead of Memphis, it means you simply don't watch basketball.

kdspurman
04-29-2017, 09:01 PM
Parsons is trash, he is done

Conley missed some games, they are still no OKC.

Im saying it ridiculous to pick the spurs in 5 when Houston finished 12 games ahead of Memphis, it means you simply don't watch basketball.

For the record, i don't think we'll win in 5.

But I will say what happens from round to round is irrelevant tho, as are regular season standings and matchups. 2014, we went to 7 games with the Mavs and had a 13 game advantage on them. (1 vs 8) Yet we beat OKC in 6 (they were 3 losses behind us) and Miami/Blazers in 5, 8 games behind.

Its more about matchup than it is reg season standings. Most times at least

Also disagree... Memphis is a much better team than OKC, at full strength.

FlashBolt
04-30-2017, 02:10 AM
Memphis didn't have Tony Allen, also. I thought this series was very competitive. Memphis never quit.

Tg11
04-30-2017, 11:14 AM
Spurs in 7 I think that this will be a hard fought series but that the Spurs will take it

Dade County
04-30-2017, 08:42 PM
Spurs in 6.

archdevil84
04-30-2017, 09:20 PM
spurs in 4 because fck james harden and fck the rockets

Htownballa1622
04-30-2017, 11:52 PM
https://youtu.be/uA6csZ_E6PM

I legitimately have never noticed this but it makes sense since he gets such good separation .

I know harden takes extra half step or gets the egregious 3 pt foul call. I was just pointing this out in case it came up on a game winning play as it has in past.

zn23
04-30-2017, 11:55 PM
Going with the upset Rockets in 6 games.

Avenged
05-01-2017, 01:01 AM
Best series of the 2nd round. Going with Spurs in 4 just because I don't like Harden :D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

lol, please
05-01-2017, 01:04 AM
spurs in 4 because fck james harden and fck the rockets

:confused:

tredigs
05-01-2017, 01:06 AM
Very interesting series. Grit versus flop queens.

Kidding, but I honestly do not know who prevails here. I'd lean Spurs because they have HCA and probably the best player on the floor. But, it is close.

kobe4thewinbang
05-01-2017, 01:23 AM
Still curious for Mightybossstone's prediction/analysis...nice input, kdspurman. Wholeheartedly agree about Danny & Aldridge. Remember, Aldridge devoured the Rockets and that was with Dwight, so we'll see.

Saddletramp
05-01-2017, 02:57 AM
Still curious for Mightybossstone's prediction/analysis...nice input, kdspurman. Wholeheartedly agree about Danny & Aldridge. Remember, Aldridge devoured the Rockets and that was with Dwight, so we'll see.

That was on McHale for keeping Terrence Jones on him too long. When Asik was put on him he calmed down a bit but the damage was done.

Rockets in 6, **** it.
But these should all be close.

mightybosstone
05-01-2017, 08:54 AM

I picked the Rockets in 7, but I'd probably give the Spurs like a 55-60 percent chance to take the series. The regular season series was insanely close, and the Rockets let one game in particular slip through their fingers that should have been an easy win.

The wild card here is the Rockets shooters. They averaged more than 14 threes a game in the regular season, but they never topped more than 11 in a game against OKC. Anderson and Ariza were essentially useless. But if they can wake up and start hitting shots, I don't think the Spurs offense can keep up with that pace.

For the Spurs, Aldridge is the X-factor and the guy who scares me the most aside from Leonard. He has historically been a Rockets killer, and they really struggle to defend talented big men.

kdspurman
05-01-2017, 10:58 AM
I keep hearing people talk about how close the reg season games were, and I can't help but think how most times, that becomes irrelevant come playoff time. You won't see coaches using the same substitution patterns, defensive schemes, etc....

I'm not saying these games won't/can't be close, but how those games played out mean squat once this series starts. We could see either team win by double digits more times than having games go down to the wire.

kdspurman
05-01-2017, 12:19 PM
https://youtu.be/uA6csZ_E6PM

I legitimately have never noticed this but it makes sense since he gets such good separation .

I know harden takes extra half step or gets the egregious 3 pt foul call. I was just pointing this out in case it came up on a game winning play as it has in past.

I wouldn't say that's why he gets good separation lol..

But in general, seems travelling doesn't get consistently called anyway, especially with the elite players. I'm sure a video like this could be done for just about every team and their best player.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2017, 01:42 PM
This will be the toughest series to call IMO and will come down to coaching.

I'm picking Spurs in 7.

Htownballa1622
05-01-2017, 02:34 PM
I wouldn't say that's why he gets good separation lol..

But in general, seems travelling doesn't get consistently called anyway, especially with the elite players. I'm sure a video like this could be done for just about every team and their best player.

Maybe I didn't do a good enough job clarifying what I meant.

What I meant was that maybe that's WHY he gets good separation in these vids. I'm not claiming it's the reason he always get separation.

Also, I agree that a video like this can be done for most players. I do find it peculiar though that he gets away with it a lot in this video in crunch time that gets unnoticed.

FlashBolt
05-01-2017, 02:44 PM
This has LaMarcus should be dominating all over it. I'll be surprised if he doesn't play like the 2nd/3rd best player in this series. If he doesn't, Spurs should look to get rid of this guy.

Saddletramp
05-01-2017, 06:19 PM
This has LaMarcus should be dominating all over it. I'll be surprised if he doesn't play like the 2nd/3rd best player in this series. If he doesn't, Spurs should look to get rid of this guy.

If Ryan Anderson can't make his threes (like in the first round) then they gotta make a move and not wait till LMA leads two straight blow outs. I'm not exactly sure they have anyone who can contain him when he's "on", but Anderson's gotta either step up his defense or be lights out from beyond the arc.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Spurs in 6.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2017, 06:29 PM
If Ryan Anderson can't make his threes (like in the first round) then they gotta make a move and not wait till LMA leads two straight blow outs. I'm not exactly sure they have anyone who can contain him when he's "on", but Anderson's gotta either step up his defense or be lights out from beyond the arc.

I really can't imagine Ryan Anderson playing any worse than he did in the 1st round. I think he'll turn it up in this round.

I see Capela having a huge series too for some reason.

kobe4thewinbang
05-01-2017, 08:03 PM
Aldridge is definitely the key factor. If he lays an egg, Spurs probably look to trade him this summer. Media is really turning against Aldridge too. Hopefully Kawhi plays careful defense and stays out of foul trouble. If he does, I suppose Green could try his luck.

kdspurman
05-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Aldridge is definitely the key factor. If he lays an egg, Spurs probably look to trade him this summer. Media is really turning against Aldridge too. Hopefully Kawhi plays careful defense and stays out of foul trouble. If he does, I suppose Green could try his luck.

Green will likely guard Harden more anyway. He does a decent job, and of course Pop trying to keep Kawhi out of foul trouble.

David Lee is another guy ill be watching to have some impact . Actually, the entire front line + Green's 3 pt shooting

lol, please
05-01-2017, 09:37 PM
Baron Davis on TNT says the Rockets will be victorious.

mightybosstone
05-01-2017, 09:40 PM
Baron Davis on TNT says the Rockets will be victorious.
Barkley just did, too. And that's really saying something, because that dude has historically crapped on the Rockets every chance he has gotten.

kdspurman
05-01-2017, 09:41 PM
Great... Reggie Miller game

lol, please
05-01-2017, 09:41 PM
DLee the White Chris Webber started today.

I love you Pop. :love:

kdspurman
05-01-2017, 09:48 PM
I hate that call so much. Harden and CP3 are masters at it.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-01-2017, 09:53 PM
Gino blows now dude

lol, please
05-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Rockets are just hitting everything.

Can't wait to find out who the best team in Texas is though.

:box:

Htownballa1622
05-01-2017, 10:09 PM
Great... Reggie Miller game

Seriously. Where's c webb? I'm so tired of Reggie.

Htownballa1622
05-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Lamarcus missing against us is so weird.

No jinx.

Htownballa1622
05-01-2017, 10:13 PM
whoa... came out firing tonight.

lol, please
05-01-2017, 10:14 PM
Rockets are LITERALLY hitting everything. It's like 5 Klay Thompson's in Rockets jerseys.

tredigs
05-01-2017, 10:16 PM
It's Kawhi against the world right now. LMA-O is the new nickname for me for Lamarcus. This guy's a joke.

mightybosstone
05-01-2017, 10:17 PM
The Rockets never had more than 11 threes in any game against OKC. They have nine already in this game with 9 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

FlashBolt
05-01-2017, 10:20 PM
Why is Aldridge still in the NBA? This guy looks bored with his life.

lol, please
05-01-2017, 10:23 PM
And 1 Ginobli!!!!

And the Rockets still hitting everything, my goodness.

tredigs
05-01-2017, 10:23 PM
This is the point of the game where the Rockets need to maintain extra focus and stretch/keep this lead as it is. They're obviously going to have some progression/regression to the mean on their shooting (good/bad luck for each team to a degree), but if they can keep this up for 5 minutes it's over in the 1st half and they take HCA/control of this series.

rhino17
05-01-2017, 10:26 PM
What the hell happened to LMA? He used to be a historic Rockets killer and he looks like an absolute nobody out there? I guess I didn't realize he has just fallen off a cliff this season

lol, please
05-01-2017, 10:30 PM
This is the point of the game where the Rockets need to maintain extra focus and stretch/keep this lead as it is. They're obviously going to have some progression/regression to the mean on their shooting (good/bad luck for each team to a degree), but if they can keep this up for 5 minutes it's over in the 1st half and they take HCA/control of this series.

How many games do the Rockets need to win this series for you to change your mind about them not having a chance to win a 'ship? :p

archdevil84
05-01-2017, 10:31 PM
god i hate the rockets so much, no offense because yall rockets fans here are good, but i just cant stand anything about the rockets. harden, dantoni, beverley, lou williams. i hate all those guys so much

tredigs
05-01-2017, 10:33 PM
How many games do the Rockets need to win this series for you to change your mind about them not having a chance to win a 'ship? :p

Htownballa1622
05-01-2017, 10:38 PM
30 point lead at half and I'm still not happy until buzzer at end. THATS how much i respect the Spurs.

Heediot
05-01-2017, 10:40 PM
damn that was the biggest first half *** whooping in the playoffs!

rhino17
05-01-2017, 10:42 PM
30 point lead at half and I'm still not happy until buzzer at end. THATS how much i respect the Spurs.

Exactly how I feel haha. Im not celebrating yet

valade16
05-01-2017, 10:45 PM
What the hell happened to LMA? He used to be a historic Rockets killer and he looks like an absolute nobody out there? I guess I didn't realize he has just fallen off a cliff this season

Good, this is what he gets for leaving Portland.

FlashBolt
05-01-2017, 10:49 PM
This has nothing to do with the Spurs (other than LaMarcus Aldridge playing like pure doodoo but he does that every game). Rockets can beat anyone shooting like that. Warriors included,

lol, please
05-01-2017, 10:52 PM

lmao.

Htownballa1622
05-01-2017, 10:56 PM
Exactly how I feel haha. Im not celebrating yet

They'll make runs but we just gotta keep it going.

lol, please
05-01-2017, 11:01 PM
Capela!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WITH A MAN'S DUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where you at Vee-Rex!?!!?

Vee-Rex and I are the biggest Capela fans on PSD and we aren't even Rockets fans smh.

:laugh2:

nastynice
05-01-2017, 11:01 PM
This is nuts

lol, please
05-01-2017, 11:08 PM
This is nuts

Make me feel better by breaking down how the Warriors would stop this Rockets onslaught.

:ohno:

kdspurman
05-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Always knew the Rockets would be tough if theyre hitting. Doesn't help that none of our shooters can hit anything. Make or miss league... i aint gonna overreact to 1 game. Good ole fashioned butt whooping

Htownballa1622
05-01-2017, 11:21 PM
Leonard still getting superstar calls.

Dade County
05-01-2017, 11:23 PM
I believe this same kind of blow out happened, when Spurs faced OKC. It was like 3 blow out games in that series also.

Games 5 & 6 will be more competitive.

tredigs
05-01-2017, 11:23 PM
lmao.

But really I was never going to be surprised no matter which way this series turned out, I think it's very close between them (and said so in here). I don't even remember what post you were referring to, but in general no I don't think the Rockets have a legit chance to beat the Warriors (though I have mentioned throughout the season that they are one of the top wild cards to do so thanks to their 3pt launching. Just don't consider them "legit" to actually win it all).

lol, please
05-01-2017, 11:27 PM
But really I was never going to be surprised no matter which way this series turned out, I think it's very close between them (and said so in here). I don't even remember what post you were referring to, but in general no I don't think the Rockets have a legit chance to beat the Warriors (though I have mentioned throughout the season that they are one of the top wild cards to do so thanks to their 3pt launching. Just don't consider them "legit" to actually win it all).

Yea I hear ya.

I was just giving you a hard time about it, I forgot what thread that was exactly but the conversation was about what makes a team a contender, and someone listed Houston, and you said something like only Spurs, Jazz, Cleveland, Boston lol.

kdspurman
05-01-2017, 11:27 PM
I believe this same kind of blow out happened, when Spurs faced OKC. It was like 3 blow out games in that series also.

Games 5 & 6 will be more competitive.

Which year? If most recent, yea we had game 1 in a big way.

I expect them to bounce back Wednesday.

likemystylez
05-01-2017, 11:31 PM
the refs are trying to get the spurs back into this one

mightybosstone
05-01-2017, 11:32 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me? An ejection for THAT?

tredigs
05-01-2017, 11:33 PM
Yea I hear ya.

I was just giving you a hard time about it, I forgot what thread that was exactly but the conversation was about what makes a team a contender, and someone listed Houston, and you said something like only Spurs, Jazz, Cleveland, Boston lol.

Sounds fair to me. Granted Boston has continually unimpressed me in the East these playoffs, but they're a tough matchup for GS in particular. Always play us extremely tough or beat us. I consider Houston close to them but I'd rather play Houston than any of the other 4.

I'll say this about this game, the Spurs are not seeing the best of Houston, in fact they're playing only slightly above what they're generally capable of. 15 threes on 40% (good, not out of this world), and just 15 FT attempts (granted they haven't missed ONE across 5 different players, but this is a team that can get to the line 40+ times). The Spurs offense will also improve of course, but will it be enough if Houston's offense maintains this level, which it easily can?

kdspurman
the refs are trying to get the spurs back into this one

Clearly, by ejecting Nene lol!

likemystylez
Which year? If most recent, yea we had game 1 in a big way.

I expect them to bounce back Wednesday.

i would hope so- spurs came out like this was a preseason game

likemystylez
05-01-2017, 11:34 PM

didnt see any spurs get ejected though

mightybosstone
05-01-2017, 11:35 PM

That ejection was ********. If Nene ends up getting suspended for any of this series, I'm going to be livid...

kdspurman
05-01-2017, 11:35 PM
didnt see any spurs get ejected though

I dont agree with the ejection, but you didnt see a Spur do what Nene did

kdspurman
05-01-2017, 11:36 PM
That ejection was ********. If Nene ends up getting suspended for any of this series, I'm going to be livid...

Nah he wont be suspended.

Im curious if anyone left the bench area tho.

kdspurman
05-01-2017, 11:37 PM
i would hope so- spurs came out like this was a preseason game

Pre-season? I was thinking practice scrimmage

tredigs
05-01-2017, 11:38 PM

Why was it BS? You can't put your hands on another players throat and push him away in this NBA. Nobody is getting away with that. No he won't be suspended though. Just be happy the game's already over and there's a little more entertainment.

Driven
05-01-2017, 11:45 PM
Sounds fair to me. Granted Boston has continually unimpressed me in the East these playoffs, but they're a tough matchup for GS in particular. Always play us extremely tough or beat us. I consider Houston close to them but I'd rather play Houston than any of the other 4.

I'll say this about this game, the Spurs are not seeing the best of Houston, in fact they're playing only slightly above what they're generally capable of. 15 threes on 40% (good, not out of this world), and just 15 FT attempts (granted they haven't missed ONE across 5 different players, but this is a team that can get to the line 40+ times). The Spurs offense will also improve of course, but will it be enough if Houston's offense maintains this level, which it easily can?

40 percent is extremely good for the number of three pointers they take. They are a volume 3 point shooting team. Can't hold them to the same efficiency standards from beyond the arc. They take threes because the shot itself is a high efficient shot. 3 points is better than 2. By the more you take, the less of a percentage you generally make.

tredigs
05-01-2017, 11:47 PM
Man, even Kawhi couldn't really get it going. Not often you see him go 5-14 from the field, and not a great defensive game for him.

mightybosstone
05-01-2017, 11:48 PM
Why was it BS? You can't put your hands on another players throat and push him away in this NBA. Nobody is getting away with that. No he won't be suspended though. Just be happy the game's already over and there's a little more entertainment.

The guy was clearly trying to keep him away from Harden and put his hand out on his shoulder/throat. That's a pretty weak ejection. Technical? Sure. Ejection? Overkill.

tredigs
05-01-2017, 11:51 PM
The guy was clearly trying to keep him away from Harden and put his hand out on his shoulder/throat. That's a pretty weak ejection. Technical? Sure. Ejection? Overkill.

It's always going to be an ejection if you intentionally put hands and push another man's neck aggressively like that. Especially for an enforcer type. Not a bad thing, either. Sets the tone in a game that's already a blowout. They came in here and beat the Spurs ***. Kudos.

zn23
05-01-2017, 11:59 PM
Lamarcus Aldridge is -36...

Htownballa1622
05-02-2017, 12:01 AM
My Heart and Brain predictions still in play.

Heart-Rockets in 6.
Brain-Spurs in 7.

I wanna follow my heart lol.:love:

HandsOnTheWheel
05-02-2017, 12:01 AM
Lmao Spurs are getting smacked.

kdspurman
05-02-2017, 12:06 AM
Lmao Spurs are getting smacked.

Lmao indeed...

You arent fond of the Spurs are you ? Or you been drinking again? :) i know you said that last time

mightybosstone
05-02-2017, 12:06 AM
Lamarcus Aldridge is -36...

You would have thought Ryan Anderson was Kevin Garnett with how tentative Aldridge was in this game. This should have been a cake walk for him, but he just totally no-showed tonight.

c.c.
05-02-2017, 12:09 AM
🚀🚀🚀

HandsOnTheWheel
05-02-2017, 12:11 AM
Lmao indeed...

You arent fond of the Spurs are you ? Or you been drinking again? :) i know you said that last time

Posted Spurs in 6 earlier this thread. :)

Scoots
05-02-2017, 12:12 AM
Haven't ever been a fan of LMA ... but this wasn't the way he has been playing.

Rockets on a roll are tough on everyone.

kdspurman
05-02-2017, 12:13 AM
Even Bobby Brown got in on the action like its his prerogative.

That was such a disaster on so many levels :laugh:

kdspurman
05-02-2017, 12:16 AM
Posted Spurs in 6 earlier this thread. :)

Ah.. i cant remember what it was you posted last time, but it was randomly funny re: us.

Hope your pick is right

mightybosstone
05-02-2017, 12:16 AM
So I turned 30 today, which kinda sucks as far as birthdays go. But the Astros beat the Rangers and the Rockets crushed the Spurs in San Antonio in a playoff game. Suffice it to say that softened the blow.

I'm expecting a much tougher series the rest of the way...

FlashBolt
05-02-2017, 12:20 AM
So I turned 30 today, which kinda sucks as far as birthdays go. But the Astros beat the Rangers and the Rockets crushed the Spurs in San Antonio in a playoff game. Suffice it to say that softened the blow.

happy birthday dude. at least rangers and spurs didnt win lol

kdspurman
05-02-2017, 12:20 AM

Happy Birthday! Helluva gift tbh lol

FlashBolt
05-02-2017, 12:21 AM
Maybe Rockets can shoot the warriors out. I don't know but I expected more from LaMarcus and the group of guys Kawhi is playing with. Danny has been a no-show and Spurs actually look vulnerable. Too much depending on Kawhi. They need to find offense elsewhere.

tredigs
05-02-2017, 12:24 AM
40 percent is extremely good for the number of three pointers they take. They are a volume 3 point shooting team. Can't hold them to the same efficiency standards from beyond the arc. They take threes because the shot itself is a high efficient shot. 3 points is better than 2. By the more you take, the less of a percentage you generally make.

They normally shoot just shy of 36%, so not drastically different and certainly not a level they aren't capable of fairly commonly was my point. Granted, by the end of their game their bench went Nova themselves and put them up to a completely crazy and certainly unsustainable 22 threes on 44%. That ended up being one of the greatest 3pt shooting games in NBA history statistically.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-02-2017, 12:26 AM
Ah.. i cant remember what it was you posted last time, but it was randomly funny re: us.

Hope your pick is right
Oh Gino blows now dude. Lmao.

Idk man if anyone can bounce back from a G1 loss @ home its gotta be Pop and the Spurs. Rockets are fresher too coming into today so I fully expect the Spurs to make adjustments accordingly for G2.

kdspurman
05-02-2017, 12:26 AM
Maybe Rockets can shoot the warriors out. I don't know but I expected more from LaMarcus and the group of guys Kawhi is playing with. Danny has been a no-show and Spurs actually look vulnerable. Too much depending on Kawhi. They need to find offense elsewhere.

And you thought their winning record against bad teams w/o Kawhi meant something ;)

Been trying to tell folks , Kawhi has had very little consistent help this season.

mightybosstone
05-02-2017, 12:28 AM
Hmm...making excuses for an MVP candidate's inabilty to win a game based on the performance of his teammates? I feel like I've seen this somewhere before. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, though, his supporting cast was especially awful tonight.

Htownballa1622
05-02-2017, 12:28 AM

Happy Birthday MBT!

FlashBolt
05-02-2017, 12:29 AM
And you thought their winning record against bad teams w/o Kawhi meant something ;)

Been trying to tell folks , Kawhi has had very little consistent help this season.

Only in terms of being MVP but Kawhi was a top five player for me pretty much the entire season. I just thought the winning % without Kawhi was too difficult to ignore in terms of who should be MVP. But yeah, this team man... Doesn't look the same as the previous years. You guys would do well with CP3 and I pray you guys get him.

FlashBolt
05-02-2017, 12:31 AM
Hmm...making excuses for an MVP candidate's inabilty to win a game based on the performance of his teammates? I feel like I've seen this somewhere before. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, though, his supporting cast was especially awful tonight.

lmao, i'm actually sick of the harden vs westbrook MVP stuff. It got boring as soon as okc lost.

kobe4thewinbang
05-02-2017, 12:35 AM
I'll have to look up the full stats, but after just seeing the final score, I'm shocked.

Not only did they lose by almost 30, at home, but the Spurs gave up 126 points.

:ouch:

Popovich gonna need a strong drink tonight. Now the Spurs gotta win on the road.

kobe4thewinbang
05-02-2017, 12:37 AM
Jeez. They gave up 50 three-pointers? What happened to "chase them off the line." Down by 39 at one point?!

http://www.nba.com/games/20170501/HOUSAS#/recap

:speechless:

They got out-rebounded, and Aldridge only had 4 points and only shot 7 times? 36% as a team?

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/boxscore?gameId=400952490

:faint:

Dedmon only played 7 minutes?! Does Popovich want to lose? He himself said Dedmon gives them the best chance to win when he's on the floor.

rhino17
05-02-2017, 12:42 AM
Maybe Rockets can shoot the warriors out.

I don't think anyone (including rockets fans) would pick Houston to bet GS, but I think they are the only team that CAN beat Golden State. If they are shooting like this, they can beat anybody.

FlashBolt
05-02-2017, 12:44 AM
I don't think anyone (including rockets fans) would pick Houston to bet GS, but I think they are the only team that CAN beat Golden State. If they are shooting like this, they can beat anybody.

yup. It might have to be a no-defense high scoring game to take the Warriors out. They certainly have enough weapons but damn warriors are just a whole other level. vs Utah will show a lot.

Saddletramp
05-02-2017, 01:40 AM
Well that was...,. nice. Hoping the rest of the series goes that way.

What's the deal with Aldridge? He just looked lost out there.

Scoots
05-02-2017, 08:26 AM
yup. It might have to be a no-defense high scoring game to take the Warriors out. They certainly have enough weapons but damn warriors are just a whole other level. vs Utah will show a lot.

I think the Warriors have more familiar lineups with guys who attack the 3 point line on defense than the Spurs do. But they are capable of coming out flat like the Spurs did, and against a team like the Rockets in the zones the Warriors would get blown out too.

Tg11
05-02-2017, 08:54 AM
I just expected last night's game to be a much closer game but the fact that San Antonio got blown out on their home floor...I mean Houston they do have the upper hand but if Houston can manage to win another game then I definitely see them winning this series for sure but I think San Antonio will bounce back in Game 2

Vee-Rex
05-02-2017, 09:16 AM

Happy Birthday, man. I just turned 30 on the 29th. Tauruses 4 lyfe! :D

Vee-Rex
05-02-2017, 09:23 AM
At the beginning of the season, here's what I said:

-Dwight Howard is gone... Houston had trouble attracting free agents WITH Howard, how will they attract free agents with just Harden?

-With D'Antoni their defense will be even worse.

-With just Harden (and under D'Antoni's offense) and no surrounding players, Houston might wanna entertain the thought of trading Harden (to Boston) and start the rebuild.

I predicted the Rockets would finish like 12th in the West.

Man oh man, Rox fans can serve me up some crow however they want. I saw how deadly this team was during the season and when they're hot, no one's winning that game against them. They're not the same Rox of the past two years at all.

Great game by the Rockets. I expect the Spurs to bounce back, but we'll see.

Tg11
05-02-2017, 09:31 AM
I said that this series will go 7 and I think it will because San Antonio I see them bouncing back with these games being back and forth

Driven
05-02-2017, 09:35 AM
They normally shoot just shy of 36%, so not drastically different and certainly not a level they aren't capable of fairly commonly was my point. Granted, by the end of their game their bench went Nova themselves and put them up to a completely crazy and certainly unsustainable 22 threes on 44%. That ended up being one of the greatest 3pt shooting games in NBA history statistically.

I get what you're saying, but I disagree. Four percentage points is a big difference when you're talking about 50 3 pointers attempted. That's six more points. They ended up with 44%, so that's an extra 12 points. That's a lot. I don't think we'll see them hit the 40% clip the rest of the series.

If we were talking about 20 3 point attempts, then I agree. That's about the difference of two points.

They key for the Rockets is to shoot high volume when they drain their 3's at that 36% clip. If they're not hitting them, they need to scale back and drive to the paint.

I think most people look at the Rockets like they just jack three's. But it's all part of the system and they are one of the best teams at scoring in the paint, and efficiency in there as well.

The Rockets have been impressive this postseason so far, whether or not Kawhi or Westbrook have had any help. The Rockets have won by getting to the line, they've won by shooting three's, they've one by the pick and roll and they've won by scoring under the basket and playing great individual defense at times. But they've never really excelled at all areas at once. They're more than a one-dimensional three point shooting team.

FlashBolt
05-02-2017, 10:45 AM
Rockets shooting 36% is because they just chuck them up as soon as they get the ball. That's part of how they play, though. They don't take the "best three" but just shoot when they're even the slightest of being open. They win by volume shooting and at the rate of 36%, it's enough for them to beat 90% of the NBA.

Driven
05-02-2017, 11:09 AM
Rockets shooting 36% is because they just chuck them up as soon as they get the ball. That's part of how they play, though. They don't take the "best three" but just shoot when they're even the slightest of being open. They win by volume shooting and at the rate of 36%, it's enough for them to beat 90% of the NBA.

Exactly. They were 15th in the league this season in 3PT FG%. Since they take so many three's, that's an effective number. They were 2nd in Points Per Shot, 0.01 points per shot behind the Warriors. Granted, a lot of that is also getting to the free throw line.

Also why shooting 40-44% last night was extremely efficient. They took 40 3PT per game in the regular season, they took 50 last night. They made 7.5 more three's than the average game of theirs. So 22 more points from three. Not a sustainable level, and they won't do that again this series.

cmellofan15
05-02-2017, 11:35 AM
So my guy Nene got thrown out for absolutely no reason....what the ****

tredigs
05-02-2017, 12:20 PM
I get what you're saying, but I disagree. Four percentage points is a big difference when you're talking about 50 3 pointers attempted. That's six more points. They ended up with 44%, so that's an extra 12 points. That's a lot. I don't think we'll see them hit the 40% clip the rest of the series.

If we were talking about 20 3 point attempts, then I agree. That's about the difference of two points.

They key for the Rockets is to shoot high volume when they drain their 3's at that 36% clip. If they're not hitting them, they need to scale back and drive to the paint.

I think most people look at the Rockets like they just jack three's. But it's all part of the system and they are one of the best teams at scoring in the paint, and efficiency in there as well.

The Rockets have been impressive this postseason so far, whether or not Kawhi or Westbrook have had any help. The Rockets have won by getting to the line, they've won by shooting three's, they've one by the pick and roll and they've won by scoring under the basket and playing great individual defense at times. But they've never really excelled at all areas at once. They're more than a one-dimensional three point shooting team.

Well like I said it ended up being a crazy 3pt night, but that was in large part to them dropping 6 for 11 from three in the last 10 minutes of a blowout. At the time we were talking, they could have been shooting 33% from 3 rather than 40% and they still would have been crushing San Antonio. The high volume/percentage simply made it a historical blowout rather than a more conventional blowout. Granted, you could argue that if those shots were not falling then the dynamic of the game shifts and the flow could easier shift back to SAS, but that's getting a little meta.

mightybosstone
05-02-2017, 03:00 PM
Well like I said it ended up being a crazy 3pt night, but that was in large part to them dropping 6 for 11 from three in the last 10 minutes of a blowout. At the time we were talking, they could have been shooting 33% from 3 rather than 40% and they still would have been crushing San Antonio. The high volume/percentage simply made it a historical blowout rather than a more conventional blowout. Granted, you could argue that if those shots were not falling then the dynamic of the game shifts and the flow could easier shift back to SAS, but that's getting a little meta.

That's certainly part of it, but the other main part is that the Spurs were doing just a horrible job running them off the three-point line. Of those 22 made threes, probably more than half were uncontested. And they must have missed another 10-15 that were just wide open.

I look back at that OKC series, and the Thunder clearly went into the series with a gameplan of defending the 3-point line at all costs, even if it meant the Rockets were getting open lanes to the basket. They kept to that gameplan, and I think that, plus having an interior defender like Adams in the middle who could contest drives, made for a pretty damn good defensive strategy. And I'm shocked Pop didn't catch on to that and try to do some variation of it. Because whatever you want to call the Spurs defense last night, it was pretty terrible.

Hawkeye15
05-02-2017, 03:11 PM

happy bday dude. I remember 30, back in 2005 haha.

Shocking game for me. Not that the Rockets won, but that they just absolutely crushed the Spurs. Obviously they won't be firing like that every night, but the Spurs better get their **** together, and run the Rockets off the 3 point line with more effort, and they better find a way to slow down the game.

kdspurman
05-02-2017, 03:14 PM
Spurs D was pretty terrible. But interestingly enough, i saw a stat that showed the Spurs had 45 uncontested shots and Houston had 44.

Cant afford to not capitalize against these guys if there are open looks. Probably not the absolute difference anyway, but still...

Htownballa1622
05-02-2017, 04:22 PM
I'm not going to sit here and say I expected the outcome or even thought it'd go that way...

BUT I was curious to see how they would defend Harden and he had his way with ANY big switched on to him.
Kawhi didn't really affect him either. Not saying that lasts, but I heard an interesting point made on Lowe post today talking about if Spurs should just go under the screen on the pnr.

I think that'd be a diff wrinkle on defense but Harden could then light it up from 3 himself. I'm interested to see what adjustments Pop makes because if you switch a big to guard Harden on island, he'll be toast.

europagnpilgrim
05-02-2017, 05:00 PM
Spurs D was pretty terrible. But interestingly enough, i saw a stat that showed the Spurs had 45 uncontested shots and Houston had 44.

Cant afford to not capitalize against these guys if there are open looks. Probably not the absolute difference anyway, but still...

From the sample size I checked out the Spurs were just flat out horrible from the field(good makeable looks) and add on that Rockets were on fire just added to the bloodbath, had Spurs made a good portion of its shots it would have been a 8-12pt Rockets win instead of basically a 30pt super blowout

valade16
05-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Reminds me of a few years back when the Blazers beat the Rockets round 1 and got blasted by the Spurs in round 2 because they had spent all series vs the Rockets standing around and watching either Harden or Howard go 1 on 1 and when they got to the Spurs ball movement passing offense they looked lethargic and couldn't adjust back to that pace.

Spurs and Memphis wasn't the fastest most athletic series in existence and I think the Spurs hadn't re-adjusted to the frenetic athletic D'Antoni offense.

kobe4thewinbang
05-03-2017, 07:06 PM

Cant afford to not capitalize against these guys if there are open looks. Probably not the absolute difference anyway, but still...While much has to be said for Houston's insane accuracy, especially after they couldn't hit jack in the OKC series, Spurs D was pretty bad indeed. Only them and the Cavaliers have given up 70 points pretty much in one half of play. They had no fire out there, and Popovich tried to yell at them. Popovich should give Dedmon starter minutes in Game 2.

:shrug:

FlashBolt
05-03-2017, 09:42 PM
This is probably a must-win for the Spurs. Can't lose two here against the Rockets.

lol, please
05-03-2017, 09:54 PM
Great start so far for both teams really. Anderson, Harden, Leonard, Gasol all looking sharp and hitting shots early on.

lol, please
05-03-2017, 10:07 PM
WHAT A PASS by Lee!!!

LA to the rim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

zn23
05-03-2017, 10:13 PM
Had the Spurs drafted Jokic in 2014 instead of Anderson...

lol, please
05-03-2017, 10:23 PM
LA having himself a game!!

lol, please
05-03-2017, 10:32 PM
BIG 3 from Parker!!!

How does Houston respond?

:confused:

kdspurman
05-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Had the Spurs drafted Jokic in 2014 instead of Anderson...

Yea.. that would've been nice lol

rhino17
05-03-2017, 10:44 PM
Pretty much as I expect for this game. Harden and co struggling from the field. Tony P and Green on fire

mightybosstone
05-03-2017, 10:45 PM
Phenomenal first half by San Antonio, but they could be up by a lot more than this. Leonard has been unstoppable, Green has yet to miss, and they have an insane 19/1 AST/TO ratio. That's not sustainable. And Harden has been pretty abysmal as a scorer in this game. All that considered, I'll take a 10-point game at the half. This one isn't over.

kobe4thewinbang
05-03-2017, 10:47 PM
Phenomenal first half by San Antonio, but they could be up by a lot more than this. Leonard has been unstoppable, Green has yet to miss, and they have an insane 19/1 AST/TO ratio. That's not sustainable. And Harden has been pretty abysmal as a scorer in this game. All that considered, I'll take a 10-point game at the half. This one isn't over.You see teams blowing leads often this year it seems. Like the Wizards were up for most of game 2 and one of those leads that can squeeze up or blow open. And just like the old suns, a 10-pt deficit is basically 3 good 3PTers made.

kdspurman
05-03-2017, 10:48 PM
Ryan Anderson has kept them in it, damn near by himself.

Our bench was outplayed, and Pau/LMA still arent playing well. Still some defensive assignments missed. They'll need to step up, cause im sure Harden will play better.

Offensively they played great, but defensively they've got lots of room to improve

mightybosstone
05-03-2017, 10:52 PM
Pop also appears unafraid to overplay his best players. Leonard and Aldridge played 22 and 20 minutes, respectively, in that first half. Is he going to play these guys 40-plus minutes tonight?

mightybosstone
05-03-2017, 10:55 PM
Ryan Anderson has kept them in it, damn near by himself.

Our bench was outplayed, and Pau/LMA still arent playing well. Still some defensive assignments missed. They'll need to step up, cause im sure Harden will play better.

Offensively they played great, but defensively they've got lots of room to improve
Road Ryno, man. It's weird, but look at the guy's splits at home versus the road this season. It's the difference between a borderline All-Star and a D-Leaguer. He's been that much better on the road all year long.

kdspurman
05-03-2017, 10:59 PM
Pop also appears unafraid to overplay his best players. Leonard and Aldridge played 22 and 20 minutes, respectively, in that first half. Is he going to play these guys 40-plus minutes tonight?

Not common at all. I think he just realizes the urgency for tonights game. And the fact he didnt play many minutes game 1 lol

kdspurman
05-03-2017, 11:00 PM
Road Ryno, man. It's weird, but look at the guy's splits at home versus the road this season. It's the difference between a borderline All-Star and a D-Leaguer. He's been that much better on the road all year long.

I think he just loves playing us lol

But hopefully im wrong and he stinks it up at home

lol, please
05-03-2017, 11:01 PM
Capela to the rim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, please
05-03-2017, 11:09 PM
Houston is within 5...

lol, please
05-03-2017, 11:12 PM
Shouldn't be a flagrant, lol...let them play ffs.

kdspurman
05-03-2017, 11:12 PM
Thank goodness they didnt call a flagrant

lol, please
05-03-2017, 11:14 PM
I love how Harden puts Mills on skates then walks right through him. I love that fire! Harden read tredigs' comments and is determined to prove him wrong ;)

kdspurman
05-03-2017, 11:14 PM
Yea I'm a little worried about LMA. No lift on his shots, and crazy stiff. Like Pau Gasol stiff

kdspurman
05-03-2017, 11:18 PM
Absolutely disgusting. Pathetic call there

lol, please
05-03-2017, 11:18 PM
lol @ Pop, "WTF!?"

mightybosstone
05-03-2017, 11:19 PM
I was just about to ***** about the one-sided officiating, but Harden getting that call evens it out a bit.

lol, please
05-03-2017, 11:21 PM
I was just about to ***** about the one-sided officiating, but Harden getting that call evens it out a bit.

Well said.

lol, please
05-03-2017, 11:23 PM
Harden is just having his way with Mills right now. Bullying him.

lol, please
05-03-2017, 11:24 PM
3 point game...

kdspurman
05-03-2017, 11:26 PM
Dude just slid right into that shot haha.

mightybosstone
05-03-2017, 11:29 PM
I'm proud of Houston fighting here and keeping it close. And say what you will about Harden, but his aggressiveness won the Rockets that quarter. Now let's see if the bench can take advantage of any time Leonard has to take a seat.

kdspurman
05-03-2017, 11:33 PM
Big time boost by Simmons.

Finally a run, with Kawhi able to rest

mightybosstone
05-03-2017, 11:34 PM
Absolutely pathetic effort to start the 4th tonight. The game was right there for the taking, and the bench just completely crapped it away.

Chronz
05-03-2017, 11:34 PM
Wow give an assist to that fan on the saved ball. Dude got out the way and was the hero of that section by the looks of it

Chronz
05-03-2017, 11:37 PM
lol @ Pop, "WTF!?"
Does pop cuss often? I feel like he reserves that **** for the most blatant of calls

kdspurman
05-03-2017, 11:37 PM
Wow give an assist to that fan on the saved ball. Dude got out the way and was the hero of that section by the looks of it

Everyone has to do their part

lol, please
05-03-2017, 11:39 PM
Man, that doesn't look good. Hope Parker's ok.

KobeOwnSU
That doesn't look good.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

zn23
Tony looks like he injured his knee. Very bad sign.

kdspurman
05-03-2017, 11:41 PM
Parker carried off the court.... dammit

Chronz
05-03-2017, 11:42 PM
Plz get up tp

lol, please
05-03-2017, 11:44 PM
Phantom foul on Beverly. Refs trying to end this now.

kdspurman
05-03-2017, 11:45 PM
Plz get up tp

Im hoping he has a Paul Pierce moment. But idk man...

kdspurman
05-03-2017, 11:46 PM
Phantom foul on Beverly. Refs trying to end this now.

They already helped in the 3rd, stop it lol

lol, please
05-03-2017, 11:51 PM
What a game by Leonard!!!!!! Shame the real story of the game will be the blatant swallowing of the whistles every time a Rocket gets fouled...

zn23
05-03-2017, 11:54 PM
This is definitely one of Harden's worst games.

mightybosstone
05-03-2017, 11:55 PM
Good game, Spurs fans. One team came to play in the 4th. The other team didn't. On to Houston.

archdevil84
05-03-2017, 11:56 PM
harden is the real mvp.... not

kdspurman
05-03-2017, 11:59 PM
Pop went small a bit in the 2nd half. Bet we'll see more of that Friday. Definitely helped the offensive flow

Nikeman
05-03-2017, 11:59 PM
Any update on Parker?

kdspurman
05-04-2017, 12:01 AM
Any update on Parker?

Nah. Likely wont have 1 till tomorrow

tredigs
05-04-2017, 12:03 AM
Most assists in a game in his career for Kawhi tonight (8). Topped off with fantastic ISO D and 34 points on 13-16 and yeah, just a few notches above everyone else tonight.

FlashBolt
05-04-2017, 12:08 AM
Harden and Russ might be the MVP but the two best players in the game are LeBron and Kawhi. No ifs and buts about it.

rhino17
05-04-2017, 12:11 AM
Harden and Russ might be the MVP but the two best players in the game are LeBron and Kawhi. No ifs and buts about it.

Kawai and James outplayed each other one game each. They are tied in this series

And Kawai still isn't a playmaker in any way.

kdspurman
05-04-2017, 12:12 AM
Pop sounds pretty down about TP. Doesnt sound good. Sigh

valade16
05-04-2017, 12:13 AM
Harden with a terrible game.

kdspurman
05-04-2017, 12:14 AM
Kawai and James outplayed each other one game each. They are tied in this series

And Kawai still isn't a playmaker in any way.

He's improving a ton there. But thats silly, i mean Harden isnt a great defensive player. You dont hold that against him?

rhino17
05-04-2017, 12:16 AM
He's improving a ton there. But thats silly, i mean Harden isnt a great defensive player. You dont hold that against him?

I do hold that against him, I still think Kawai, Lebron, and James are the 3 best players in the league right now. But saying its not close is dumb to me. Point creation is still the most valuable skill a basketball player can have (yes, more than individual defense), and James is the best at that in the NBA, maybe ever.

kdspurman
05-04-2017, 12:21 AM
I do hold that against him, I still think Kawai, Lebron, and James are the 3 best players in the league right now. But saying its not close is dumb to me. Point creation is still the most valuable skill a basketball player can have (yes, more than individual defense), and James is the best at that in the NBA, maybe ever.

That's fair.. idk about ever, but thats an argument for another day.

These guys play the game so differently

zn23
05-04-2017, 12:22 AM
This was easily the best game of Kawhi's career, and he only shot 5 free throws.

Even when he won Finals MVP 3 years ago, I never envisioned him becoming this type of player. I always thought he'd just be like an Iguodala type player. Kind of a handy man on a team if you will. But never a superstar like this.

kdspurman
05-04-2017, 12:44 AM
Harden was asked about the challenges Kawhi presents defensively. He said "i just missed layups"

Ok

FOXHOUND
05-04-2017, 01:11 AM
Kawhi is my favorite player to watch since prime Kobe. :o

FOXHOUND
05-04-2017, 01:15 AM

Harden is tremendous but you also have to consider the team and system when bringing up that stat. I mean, is there any doubt that LeBron could do what Harden is doing in that offense surrounded by those shooters but with much higher efficiency? The volume of 3 pointers the Rockets chuck, and how many Harden drive and kicks there are, give a huge boost to that points created stat. Tiny Archibald and Oscar Robertson also played in an NBA without the 3 point line.

Still, great offensive player for sure. I would say great offensive player in his ideal system with shooters leading to maximum results.

kobe4thewinbang
05-04-2017, 02:35 AM
Wow, Harden had a horrible night. Glad the Spurs won. Gonna be a fun series.

Surprising (as surprising as the Spurs can be at this point) turnaround victory, more Spurs-like holding Houston to below 100 points. Capela had barely any rebounds in 25 minutes.

I worry the Parker injury might cost the Spurs this series or the next round, even though Tony is not "wow, Tony" as often anymore.

Why does Popovich not dig Dedmon though? I really don't understand that one. Just 4 minutes again. Dude's gonna walk in FA at this rate.

Kawhi had yet another beastly game, fringe triple-double again.

LMA had a good one I guess, about time. At least Spurs won the boards big. 13 boards by Pau is pretty dope.

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/boxscore?gameId=400952491

goingfor28
05-04-2017, 06:17 AM
3-17 [emoji23] thats what happens when the refs don't blow a whistle every time he flops

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
05-04-2017, 09:03 AM
https://streamable.com/g7xaw

Stuff like the above is what gets to me. NBA needs to address this in the offseason.

likemystylez
05-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Man, that doesn't look good. Hope Parker's ok.

I really didnt think it looked that bad. I thought livingstons looked worse, I thought kevin wares looked worse, I thought paul george looked worse.... heck i even thought kds from a couple months ago looked worse.

this is where all that sitting out games during the regular season is suppose to pay off- players are suppose to be able to bounce back from that when they are well rested.

ewing
05-04-2017, 10:01 AM

Stuff like the above is what gets to me. NBA needs to address this in the offseason.

that one is a terrible. the idea that you can run a defender into a screener to create contact and draw a foul is BS in general. The league cemented that games would called terribly when they took all interpretation away from the refs. the calls aren't as black and white as tennis

kdspurman
05-04-2017, 10:02 AM
I really didnt think it looked that bad. I thought livingstons looked worse, I thought kevin wares looked worse, I thought paul george looked worse.... heck i even thought kds from a couple months ago looked worse.

this is where all that sitting out games during the regular season is suppose to pay off- players are suppose to be able to bounce back from that when they are well rested.

Well yea, those were obviously much worse looking.

But non-contact injuries like that hardly turn out well. No amount of sitting out games can prevent something like that

Htownballa1622
05-04-2017, 10:22 AM

That was a bad call.

I have bigger issue with things like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEdyyX6XiIM

Granted there was a SLIGHT hook but Mills and Manu out here dying every time someone sneezes on them.

kdspurman
05-04-2017, 10:30 AM
That was a bad call.

I have bigger issue with things like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEdyyX6XiIM

Granted there was a SLIGHT hook but Mills and Manu out here dying every time someone sneezes on them.

Pretty sure that happened not long after that bogus call. I dont blame Patty. He played defense perfectly on Harden and Harden still got rewarded for that non-sense.

Refs got an earful from Pop, and that obviously factored in. But yea.. the first one was so much worse lol

dhopisthename
05-04-2017, 10:37 AM

yeah that really bothers me. its not just Harden either. Its so hard to fight over screens right now because they just do stuff like this. Refs just need to be better and not call it, but they do so often.

Scoots
05-04-2017, 10:39 AM
When the refs give players the call on flops or when the offensive player blatantly creates the contact just means that it's going to happen again and again. I blame the refs for all of it.

kdspurman
05-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Pretty much what i feared. Spurs expect TP to need season ending surgery. Such a tough loss man

likemystylez
05-04-2017, 10:53 AM
Well yea, those were obviously much worse looking.

But non-contact injuries like that hardly turn out well. No amount of sitting out games can prevent something like that

well everyone keeps saying how horrible that injury looked, and honestly if I saw that happen and the player just kept going- it wouldnt have shocked me. now if I saw the livingston thing happen and he just got up and kept playing- id be shocked.

but those non contact injuries happen all the time. As a warriors fan everytime curry stumbles even the slightest- the warriors brodcasters act like something horrible just happened- but he usually ends up fine. LOL for instance in game 1- it was a non contact thing where he back peddled after a lay up and then went to have routine massages done on his ankle/ foot (after he kept playing for 10-15 minutes)- yet the biggest story in the bay area is whether curry will be able to come back at some point during the playoffs.... the non contact ones are the ones that are always blown out of proportion.

granted parker being carried off the floor looked far more troublesome than the actual play where he hurt himself IMO.... but pop can just plug random players in and be fine with his system. he could prob pull 5 guys out of the stands and not miss a beat

tredigs
05-04-2017, 12:24 PM
Likemystlez - in house MD in case any of you guys have a surgery or anything in the horizon that you want expedited. He'll just tell you to walk it off and get back out there but hey - he's the doctor.

TP out for the playoffs by the way. Torn quad.

likemystylez
05-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Likemystlez - in house MD in case any of you guys have a surgery or anything in the horizon that you want expedited. He'll just tell you to walk it off and get back out there but hey - he's the doctor.

Joe Thornton played atleast a few weeks with a torn acl and mcl..... and he wasn't being rested constantly through out the season AND hes 3 yrs older than parker. its the playoffs!!!

Scoots
05-04-2017, 01:10 PM
Pretty much what i feared. Spurs expect TP to need season ending surgery. Such a tough loss man

Could be the end for him, full stop.

kdspurman
05-04-2017, 01:22 PM
Joe Thornton played atleast a few weeks with a torn acl and mcl..... and he wasn't being rested constantly through out the season AND hes 3 yrs older than parker. its the playoffs!!!

It's a torn quad... Where exactly are you getting ACL/MCL from? Know the facts man

kdspurman
05-04-2017, 01:34 PM
Could be the end for him, full stop.

I hope not.. I want him to be able to go out on his own terms. :(

likemystylez
05-04-2017, 01:35 PM

yknow all I said was that the injury didn't look that horrible while watching the play...... and honestly if I saw a player land like that and keep playing- it wouldn't have made me think twice

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 01:45 PM
that one is a terrible. the idea that you can run a defender into a screener to create contact and draw a foul is BS in general. The league cemented that games would called terribly when they took all interpretation away from the refs. the calls aren't as black and white as tennis

Let's leave race out of this......

Scoots
05-04-2017, 01:55 PM
It's a torn quad... Where exactly are you getting ACL/MCL from? Know the facts man

The facts, based on Stylez post history, is that the only real injures are where the bone is visible or the joint is more than 40 degrees hyper extended. Otherwise he seems to think you can just walk it off.

Scoots
05-04-2017, 01:58 PM
I hope not.. I want him to be able to go out on his own terms. :(

Maybe. I'm looking forward to what RC is going to do this off-season. Last off-season all he lost was Timmy ... this off-season he's losing Manu ... it may be the time to try to move on from TP now with Patty being a FA.

kdspurman
05-04-2017, 02:01 PM
Maybe. I'm looking forward to what RC is going to do this off-season. Last off-season all he lost was Timmy ... this off-season he's losing Manu ... it may be the time to try to move on from TP now with Patty being a FA.

They won't move on from him in the sense of moving him. He's still got another year on his contract anyway.. It might change things on Mills, but we'll see how he performs now.

It'll expedite the process for Murray, but I know they wanted TP around, if nothing else to play a similar role to Manu now.

likemystylez
05-04-2017, 02:31 PM
The facts, based on Stylez post history, is that the only real injures are where the bone is visible or the joint is more than 40 degrees hyper extended. Otherwise he seems to think you can just walk it off.

more like facts are- no point in resting guys during the regular season if theyre gonna be out for the season first time something happens in the playoffs.

They say the whole point is so the players are out there playing when it matters...... and here we are in the playoffs with players constantly going out for the season leving one to wonder- I thought they sat out during the reg season so they would be here during the playoffs "when it counts "

So to make things make sense, there are 3 things t parker can do

1) Go back in time and don't sit out games during the season to rest

2) Don't sit out in the first place so you wont have to figure out a way to go back in time

3) man up and play- cuz the games count now

kdspurman
05-04-2017, 02:37 PM

Yea, he's spewing some very ignorant stuff, to say the least.

Saddletramp
05-04-2017, 03:15 PM
Did stylez really say that Paul George's injury looked worse than Parkers? You don't say.........

Man, Yao retired and I never once saw any bones sticking out of his feet. Musta been faking.

likemystylez
05-04-2017, 03:23 PM
Did stylez really say that Paul George's injury looked worse than Parkers? You don't say.........

Man, Yao retired and I never once saw any bones sticking out of his feet. Musta been faking.

I never said parker was faking- I just said to me...the injury didn't look that horrible, like everyone is saying

lol, please
05-04-2017, 03:33 PM
well everyone keeps saying how horrible that injury looked, and honestly if I saw that happen and the player just kept going- it wouldnt have shocked me. now if I saw the livingston thing happen and he just got up and kept playing- id be shocked.

but those non contact injuries happen all the time. As a warriors fan everytime curry stumbles even the slightest- the warriors brodcasters act like something horrible just happened- but he usually ends up fine. LOL for instance in game 1- it was a non contact thing where he back peddled after a lay up and then went to have routine massages done on his ankle/ foot (after he kept playing for 10-15 minutes)- yet the biggest story in the bay area is whether curry will be able to come back at some point during the playoffs.... the non contact ones are the ones that are always blown out of proportion.

granted parker being carried off the floor looked far more troublesome than the actual play where he hurt himself IMO.... but pop can just plug random players in and be fine with his system. he could prob pull 5 guys out of the stands and not miss a beat

The problem is that you can't really assess internal damage from what you see on the surface, and what you see through footage. Even as a health care professional. Just because you might think you see a guy go down the same way and get up and keep going, doesn't mean the same thing happened through the fall, or within the leg at the time.

kdspurman
05-04-2017, 03:35 PM
I never said parker was faking- I just said to me...the injury didn't look that horrible, like everyone is saying

Ok.. it didnt look "gruesome" or "graphic "..... it looked bad in the sense that 1. it was non-contact, and most of us know thats usually bad news and 2. the fact that he couldn't put weight on it.

And todays news proves that it WAS indeed bad.

Lil Rhody
05-04-2017, 03:38 PM
Sorry Houston fans if you win this series it doesn't count with Parker being hurt lmao

eDush
05-04-2017, 04:00 PM
Sorry Houston fans if you win this series it doesn't count with Parker being hurt lmaoLike the Spurs need Parker to beat them :laugh2:. Just put Kawhi on the Bread...game over :nod:

eDush
05-04-2017, 04:08 PM

I never said parker was faking- I just said to me...the injury didn't look that horrible, like everyone is sayingActually Parker handle the pain like a man....can't imagine how you would react if that was you out there but I gather the reenactment of Adam Morrison with 3 seconds left.

tredigs
05-04-2017, 04:16 PM
Just ignore Stylez on anything injury related. Off his rocker to say the least.

WaDe03
05-04-2017, 04:58 PM
Sorry Houston fans if you win this series it doesn't count with Parker being hurt lmao

It doesn't

likemystylez
05-04-2017, 06:26 PM
Actually Parker handle the pain like a man....can't imagine how you would react if that was you out there but I gather the reenactment of Adam Morrison with 3 seconds left.

maybe that's true...... but I didn't see his body move in a terribly un natural way that made me think it was a serious injury (that doesn't mean it wasn't serious)- I just don't think it looked as horrible as people are saying.

Honestly if a player lands like I saw parker land- and they just keep playing.... it wouldn't shock me.

valade16
05-05-2017, 12:37 PM
maybe that's true...... but I didn't see his body move in a terribly un natural way that made me think it was a serious injury (that doesn't mean it wasn't serious)- I just don't think it looked as horrible as people are saying.

Honestly if a player lands like I saw parker land- and they just keep playing.... it wouldn't shock me.

That's because a player could land the same way and not tear their quad. You don't know what happens in the body because you can't see it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't serious.

I mean do you look at people with cancer and say "doesn't look that bad, why are you acting so sick?" because you can't see the disease?

If a player landed like Parker landed and didn't tear their quad and kept playing, it wouldn't shock me one bit. if a player landed like Parker did and tore their quad and continued playing, it would absolutely shock me.

kdspurman
05-05-2017, 09:12 PM
Strangely enough, TP hurt it on the way up, not when he landed.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 09:43 PM
I just want to know....

are htownballa1622, saddletramp, MBT, and Asik's Better getting LOUD!!!!!!!!!!?????

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

tredigs
05-05-2017, 09:43 PM
Texas PLEASE save us and deliver an entertaining game tonight.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 09:45 PM
Beverley is wet!!!

Harden to the RIM!!!!!!!!

lol, please
05-05-2017, 09:50 PM
Spurs are going off right now!

lol, please
05-05-2017, 09:50 PM
What a rejection by Capela, my goodness.

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 09:53 PM
Kawhi is so incredible, man.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 10:00 PM
Derozan is so incredible, man.

Agreed.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 10:01 PM
Ariza's wet!!!!

Htownballa1622
05-05-2017, 10:03 PM
I just want to know....

are htownballa1622, saddletramp, MBT, and Asik's Better getting LOUD!!!!!!!!!!?????

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Haha.

I just brought home my adopted akita to join my other akita and I'm sitting here quietly not to scare my new dog. Lol

Htownballa1622
05-05-2017, 10:05 PM
I honestly don't see where spurs scoring will come from if rockets push pace.

How much can kawhi score individually?

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 10:05 PM
The pace doesn't favor the Rockets so far, but I thought they've played better. They need to finish this quarter strong and just keep shooting.

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 10:11 PM
Nene bricked three wide open mid-range shots. Not a good sign. But as slow and sloppy as that first quarter was, they're still leading after one. Hopefully they don't have many more 25 percent shooting quarters the rest of the way.

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 10:13 PM
Also, that atrocious offensive foul call early in the quarter on Beverley almost made me punch my computer through the wall. Awful, awful call.

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 10:14 PM
Feels like the Rox are playing really good defense. The Spurs defense is okay, but the Rox are missing some shots they can make.

I liked seeing Aldridge play well in the 1st.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 10:15 PM
Capela sends Leonard away!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 10:16 PM
Gasol got brick hands

Htownballa1622
05-05-2017, 10:17 PM
I guess Leonard is immune to have offensive fouls called against him.

valade16
05-05-2017, 10:17 PM
Seems Kawhi is falling back down to earth.