PDA

View Full Version : WC Semifinals Series Thread: Spurs (2) vs Rockets (3) Spurs win 4-2

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

KobeOwnSU
05-05-2017, 10:19 PM
Ugly game so far. Is Harden pouting on the bench btw?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 10:19 PM
I guess Leonard is immune to have offensive fouls called against him.

Everyone says Harden gets all the calls, but Kawhi has gotten the benefit of the doubt WAY more in this series. That was a blatant offensive foul.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 10:20 PM
Hakeem The Dream is in the house tonight. Don't disappoint Rockets.

FlashBolt
05-05-2017, 10:23 PM
Kawhi starting to look human?! Only way down for him at this point. He's been the 2nd best player in the playoffs easily. Btw, is James Harden a terrible playoff player or what? Kinda weird there's such a huge dropoff in the playoffs. I guess when teams are ALLOWED to play a bit more physical, Harden has difficulty adjusting? Anyone want to comment on why this guy looks like a completely different player?

lol, please
05-05-2017, 10:24 PM
LMAO.

Harden called for an offensive foul.

It's official - refs have been paid off by the Spurs.

KobeOwnSU
05-05-2017, 10:25 PM
This fool just kick his feet on the ground in a tantrum haha??

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 10:25 PM
**** these ridiculously awful ****ing referees.

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 10:26 PM
Pau Nowitzki!

KobeOwnSU
05-05-2017, 10:26 PM
I don't think it was a foul either way. They should have just played on there.

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 10:27 PM
If anything that was a defensive foul. Pau was underneath him when Harden came down. If he got hit in the head, it's because he was right underneath Harden as the guy was coming down from the jumper. Complete ********.

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 10:28 PM
Lol Harden whacking Gasol trying to draw contact.

Htownballa1622
05-05-2017, 10:30 PM
If anything that was a defensive foul. Pau was underneath him when Harden came down. If he got hit in the head, it's because he was right underneath Harden as the guy was coming down from the jumper. Complete ********.

It's pretty clear what's happening here...

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 10:38 PM
Nene has been flat out awful tonight.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 10:39 PM
Interesting first half, but I feel if the officiating was AT LEAST a little bit more unbiased, the Rockets would be up at 8-10 points right now.

KobeOwnSU
05-05-2017, 10:40 PM
The spurs have 2 free throw attempts. What the hell are you guys talking about?

Vee-Rex
05-05-2017, 10:41 PM
LA is ballin on both ends.

goingfor28
05-05-2017, 10:42 PM
Lol Harden whacking Gasol trying to draw contact.
Harden is a joke. His entire offensive game is to flop into the defender for contact, flail around like he got shot, and go to the line.
He is an absolute embarrassment to watch on the court.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 10:42 PM
The spurs have 2 free throw attempts. What the hell are you guys talking about?

Watch the game. It's not all about free throws, chief. It's the calls they aren't making and the wrong ones that they are.

KobeOwnSU
05-05-2017, 10:45 PM
Watch the game. It's not all about free throws, chief. It's the calls they aren't making and the wrong ones that they are.
I been watching the game...pal.

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 10:46 PM
I been watching the game...pal.

You're entitled to your opinion. But you're wrong, and it's bad and you should feel bad.

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 10:50 PM
Fun fact: Kawhi Leonard has had one foul called on him so far... IN THE ENTIRE SERIES!

goingfor28
05-05-2017, 10:52 PM
Lol everyone blaming the refs.

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 10:52 PM
Full disclosure... I'm drinking pretty heavily tonight. There's a good chance PSD is going to experience full-on drunk MBT tonight.

FlashBolt
05-05-2017, 10:53 PM
Lmao, why would the refs try to help the Spurs? I think we can all agree that for ratings purposes, they would much rather a Warriors vs Rockets matchup. But hey, whatever fits your agenda.

kdspurman
05-05-2017, 10:54 PM
Seems Kawhi is falling back down to earth.

Its only 1 half

kdspurman
05-05-2017, 10:54 PM
Lol everyone blaming the refs.

Thats how it goes here. Nothing to do with, idk missing shots in this game

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 10:56 PM
Thats how it goes here. Nothing to do with, idk missing shots in this game

Nope. Danny Crawford can lick my genitals.

kdspurman
05-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Im finally caught up. Like the pace so far. To have a lead with Kawhi not making his imprint offensively, plus 1-11 or whatever from 3? Ill take it... gotta keep taking good shots and not turn the ball over

WaDe03
05-05-2017, 10:58 PM
Fun fact: Kawhi Leonard has had one foul called on him so far... IN THE ENTIRE SERIES!

He's an elite defender.

kdspurman
05-05-2017, 10:58 PM
Nope. Danny Crawford can lick my genitals.

:laugh:

Im not crazy about him either. I dont think theyve been overly bad tonight, ive seen missed calls both ways honestly

Htownballa1622
05-05-2017, 11:04 PM
Kawhi and harden dunk.

One of them traveled. The other dunked with his off hand.

Fun facts

lol, please
MVP chants for Harden. Don't tell Flashbolt lol

valade16
Full disclosure... I'm drinking pretty heavily tonight. There's a good chance PSD is going to experience full-on drunk MBT tonight.

Lol I think we've all been there. Happy Cinco De Mayo!

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 11:17 PM
I realize the irony of that foul call. But even Harden and Lou don't get THAT call. The guy got fouled running around the pick, landed and THEN jumped up and took the attempt. Un-****ing-believable.

lol, please
05-05-2017, 11:21 PM
It's going to be a heck of a series between the Warriors and the Rockets, a WCF rematch. That said, I have to believe that kdspurman believes, that this series isn't over.

kdspurman
05-05-2017, 11:21 PM
I realize the irony of that foul call. But even Harden and Lou don't get THAT call. The guy got fouled running around the pick, landed and THEN jumped up and took the attempt. Un-****ing-believable.

So Harden never gets that? Ha, it was a bad call, (to call it a shooting foul) but Harden had one last game with NO contact from Mills. Just a bad call honestly

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 11:26 PM
So Harden never gets that? Ha, it was a bad call, (to call it a shooting foul) but Harden had one last game with NO contact from Mills. Just a bad call honestly

But at least when Harden is going it, he's drawing contact and at least going up for a shot. Mills drew the contact, landed and THEN threw up the attempt. It wasn't even an attempt!

I agree that it's a BS call, and I've agreed with that pretty much the entire season that Harden has been calling it. But if you're going to call it, the player should AT LEAST be going up for some semblance of an attempt. There was zero attempt as he was drawing the foul.

FlashBolt
05-05-2017, 11:26 PM
Important to note: Refs are reluctant to give Harden calls because they know he flops. The boy who cried wolf? You don't think these refs get memos about watching out for Harden?

kdspurman
05-05-2017, 11:30 PM
But at least when Harden is going it, he's drawing contact and at least going up for a shot. Mills drew the contact, landed and THEN threw up the attempt. It wasn't even an attempt!

I agree that it's a BS call, and I've agreed with that pretty much the entire season that Harden has been calling it. But if you're going to call it, the player should AT LEAST be going up for some semblance of an attempt. There was zero attempt as he was drawing the foul.

I agree 100%

I just think Harden has had to have gotten that at some point too lol

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 11:32 PM
I agree 100%

I just think Harden has had to have gotten that at some point too lol

Without question. And the call he got the other night when Mill didn't so much as breath on him was complete nonsense. But when you have a series that's this close and a game that's this intense, a bad call like that can really make the difference. It's just frustrating. If these referees are going to go the "hold the whistles" route, at least make the right call when you are blowing the whistle.

kdspurman
05-05-2017, 11:36 PM
Without question. And the call he got the other night when Mill didn't so much as breath on him was complete nonsense. But when you have a series that's this close and a game that's this intense, a bad call like that can really make the difference. It's just frustrating. If these referees are going to go the "hold the whistles" route, at least make the right call when you are blowing the whistle.

No doubt..

Its been a tight game. Im glad Home Ryno has shown uo to this point as you mentioned earlier. He terrifies me

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 11:39 PM
No doubt..

Its been a tight game. Im glad Home Ryno has shown uo to this point as you mentioned earlier. He terrifies me

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about him too much. At home, he's essentially Phillip Seymour Hoffman's character from "Along Came Polly."

kdspurman
05-05-2017, 11:43 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about him too much. At home, he's essentially Phillip Seymour Hoffman's character from "Along Came Polly."

Lmao! Let it rain!

Still worries me tho :o

goingfor28
05-05-2017, 11:44 PM
Lol at Beverly yelling at the ref after hugging Aldridge from behind mid layup.

KobeOwnSU
05-05-2017, 11:45 PM
I think he was arguing that he fouled him before the shot. Not the foul.

mightybosstone
...I got nothing. Just devastated.

kdspurman
Block looked clean ha... Hardens complaining paying off there

KobeOwnSU
05-05-2017, 11:46 PM
Haha so much ball...i don't wanna hear *****ing from rockets fans.

KobeOwnSU
05-05-2017, 11:48 PM
So the no call on Patty Mills and then a phantom call on Ryan Anderson

More-Than-Most
05-05-2017, 11:50 PM
i have never hated anyone as much as i hate harden... he gets every ****ing call in the world... he plays no defense... has a stupid face and cries like a newborn baby.

kdspurman
05-05-2017, 11:51 PM
So the no call on Patty Mills and then a phantom call on Ryan Anderson

Such an ugly sequence

More-Than-Most
honest to god i thought they were about to blow a whistle on that harden 3

kdspurman
Danny coming up big!

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 11:53 PM
i have never hated anyone as much as i hate harden... he gets every ****ing call in the world... he plays no defense... has a stupid face and cries like a newborn baby.

Remember the last time Philadelphia basketball was relevant? Because I can't.

kdspurman
05-05-2017, 11:54 PM
honest to god i thought they were about to blow a whistle on that harden 3

Me too.. another late 1. He stands there with his arms up like he got hit, when Green is doing exactly as Pop said and keeping his hands up. He just airballed it trying for a foul vs a good shot.

its amazing, Pop's reminding guys every time they guard Harden, "hands up" Its why he's not getting all his usual calls.

lol, please

Dude there have been plenty of legit fouls on Harden in this game that were not called. Be serious.

mightybosstone
Ryan Anderson makes $18.7 million this year. And he has 2 points in Game 3 of the second round of the playoffs while playing atrocious defense.

I would trade him for more beer right about now. I can actually use that...

More-Than-Most
Remember the last time Philadelphia basketball was relevant? Because I can't.

Speaking of stupid faces

kdspurman
05-05-2017, 11:58 PM
LMA showed up tonight. Gave Kawhi the help TP has been providing

mightybosstone
05-05-2017, 11:58 PM
Speaking of stupid faces

You can make jokes about other teams and their fans when your team is capable of winning 30 games and its best player can play at least half a season. Until then, I'd simmer down.

I was a sophomore in high school the last time the Sixers were in the second round of the playoffs. I'm 30!

kdspurman
05-05-2017, 11:59 PM
Terrible call. Thats an and 1.

lakerfan85
05-06-2017, 12:01 AM
Beverly needs to STFU!! He's not good enough to complain..

More-Than-Most
05-06-2017, 12:02 AM
You can make jokes about other teams and their fans when your team is capable of winning 30 games and its best player can play at least half a season. Until then, I'd simmer down.

I was a sophomore in high school the last time the Sixers were in the second round of the playoffs. I'm 30!

lol how sad will you feel when the dantoni system catches up like it usually does and quickly your team goes from the 2nd rounder to being one and done? The rockets right now have as much of a chance at winning a championship as the sixers... None... I wouldnt trade our future for yours any day of the week so continue with the jokes while you are about to go down 2-1 while not winning another game this series.

kdspurman
05-06-2017, 12:03 AM
Beverley :laugh2:

mightybosstone
Beverly needs to STFU!! He's not good enough to complain..

To be fair, he's better than like 90 percent of the players on the Lakers roster. :shrug:

kdspurman
I think D'Antoni will need to seek help if he loses this series. Pop has just completely owned him in their matchups

lol, please
05-06-2017, 12:04 AM
Shocked, to be honest. But this series is far from over boyos. Far from over. I said it might go down as a classic series earlier, and right now that looks like a mighty fine prediction.

LOb0
05-06-2017, 12:05 AM
D'antoni teams do not beat Pop teams. Shame on anyone that picked Houston.

goingfor28
05-06-2017, 12:05 AM

So bc he is a fan of a bad team he can't dislike a player on a good team? Smh stop taking it so personal. I fkn hate Harden too. I think he's a joke to watch play basketball. My team has NEVER gotten beyond the 2nd rd.
Can I not dislike Harden either? Jeez.

mightybosstone
05-06-2017, 12:06 AM
lol how sad will you feel when the dantoni system catches up like it usually does and quickly your team goes from the 2nd rounder to being one and done? The rockets right now have as much of a chance at winning a championship as the sixers... None... I wouldnt trade our future for yours any day of the week so continue with the jokes while you are about to go down 2-1 while not winning another game this series.

At least Houston has a foundation and a chance to add guys to even get to the point of being in contention again. The Sixers are so far from winning an NBA championship, they might as well be an NCAA Division III team. And if you'd rather be Philly, than you're as delusional as your team is irrelevant. :shrug:

lakerfan85
To be fair, he's better than like 90 percent of the players on the Lakers roster. :shrug:

To be fair, the Rockets just got beatdown..

More-Than-Most
I think D'Antoni will need to seek help if he loses this series. Pop has just completely owned him in their matchups

Its the style... the rockets put a band aid on a terminally ill patient... Its just a matter of time before their system collapses like it usually does... Then he will be fired in 2-3 seasons and the rockets will have wasted 2-3.

NYKnickFanatic
Shocked, to be honest. But this series is far from over boyos. Far from over. I said it might go down as a classic series earlier, and right now that looks like a mighty fine prediction.

Obviously it's far from over, it's 2-1...

Cavs-Raps, that is over.

LOb0
05-06-2017, 12:07 AM
At least Houston has a foundation and a chance to add guys to even get to the point of being in contention again. The Sixers are so far from winning an NBA championship, they might as well be an NCAA Division III team. And if you'd rather be Philly, than you're as delusional as your team is irrelevant. :shrug:

They're not in contention. They're just like all fake *** D'antoni teams that fall apart in the playoffs.

mightybosstone
05-06-2017, 12:07 AM
So bc he is a fan of a bad team he can't dislike a player on a good team? Smh stop taking it so personal. I fkn hate Harden too. I think he's a joke to watch play basketball. My team has NEVER gotten beyond the 2nd rd.

I'm in pain. This is the Internet. I'm drunk. I'm going to lash out at others who piss me off. If you have a problem with that, don't post on an Internet sports forum.

More-Than-Most
05-06-2017, 12:08 AM

Except they dont have a foundation that CAN WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS... Sorry its just wasted time... Mike D and this system wont win a title... He had 1 shot and the spurs stopped it... Like I said Band aid on terminally ill patient... Its just wasted years man.

goingfor28
05-06-2017, 12:08 AM
I'm in pain. This is the Internet. I'm drunk. I'm going to lash out at others who piss me off. If you have a problem with that, don't post on an Internet sports forum.
Or don't be a child :shrug:

mightybosstone
05-06-2017, 12:09 AM
They're not in contention. They're just like all fake *** D'antoni teams that fall apart in the playoffs.

I said they COULD be in contention by adding pieces. Reading comprehension is apparently a simple skill that is lost on today's youth.

More-Than-Most
05-06-2017, 12:09 AM

winner winner chicken dinner

mightybosstone
05-06-2017, 12:10 AM
Or don't be a child :shrug:

Pft. I have to be an adult for 50+ hours at work every work and when I'm mowing my ****ing lawn on the weekend. If I can't act like a child and take all my frustration out on complete strangers on the Internet, then when can I?

LOb0
I said they COULD be in contention by adding pieces. Reading comprehension is apparently a simple skill that is lost on today's youth.

Yeah if they add a new coach.

lol, please

Who is your team?

:confused:

More-Than-Most
05-06-2017, 12:11 AM
Who is your team?

:confused:

seeing at how polite he is and logical you can bet its not the warriors : )

More-Than-Most
05-06-2017, 12:13 AM
i am not taking offense to anything said lol... He has a point the sixers are **** :shrug:

The reason I am alright with this when it goes this route is because of the understanding of purgatory where the sixers were from 2003-2010.... It was hell... YOU CANT WIN unless you are either the spurs/warriors/cavs or the worst teams in basketball trying to strike it rich... You just cant.

mightybosstone
05-06-2017, 12:15 AM
winner winner chicken dinner

Hasheem Thabeet played in 2,357 minutes in the NBA and 33 minutes in the NBA playoffs. Adam Morrsion played 3,258 minutes in the NBA and 13 total minutes in the playoffs. Embiid may one day pass those guys in NBA minutes (remains to be seen), but at least we can say those guys played in an NBA playoff game.

valade16
05-06-2017, 12:16 AM
i am not taking offense to anything said lol... He has a point the sixers are **** :shrug:

The reason I am alright with this when it goes this route is because of the understanding of purgatory where the sixers were from 2003-2010.... It was hell... YOU CANT WIN unless you are either the spurs/warriors/cavs or the worst teams in basketball trying to strike it rich... You just cant.

It's like a movie announcer lol

"The only way to win... is to lose"

lakerfan85
05-06-2017, 12:16 AM
Pft. I have to be an adult for 50+ hours at work every work and when I'm mowing my ****ing lawn on the weekend. If I can't act like a child and take all my frustration out on complete strangers on the Internet, then when can I?

You can mow your own lawn? I'm impressed!!

kdspurman
05-06-2017, 12:17 AM
Its the style... the rockets put a band aid on a terminally ill patient... Its just a matter of time before their system collapses like it usually does... Then he will be fired in 2-3 seasons and the rockets will have wasted 2-3.

The style is def not 1 to bank on, with them it was always "if theyre on". The defense needs to improve, and its better than previous years, imo, but too much reliance on the 3.

mightybosstone
05-06-2017, 12:18 AM

That **** is hard! I have to take constant breaks, but it gets done like every third weekend... Which essentially means I have like the shittiest lawn on the block. But the neighbors can deal.

lol, please
05-06-2017, 12:20 AM

Be impressed he owns property with a lawn to mow, boyo.

mightybosstone
05-06-2017, 12:23 AM
Be impressed he owns property with a lawn to mow, boyo.

I aspire to one day have a sports team that is so good that I don't have to get drunk and take out my frustrations on strangers on the Internet, but can just shake off the ignorance of others and compliment them when they're down. I can't tell if I legitimately respect you right now or just envy your position as a fan of arguably the single most talented team in the history of the NBA. But maybe it's both. Godspeed, lol, please. And may we all be fortunate enough to one day be in your shoes. :hi5:

lol, please
05-06-2017, 12:26 AM
I aspire to one day have a sports team that is so good that I don't have to get drunk and take out my frustrations on strangers on the Internet, but can just shake off the ignorance of others and compliment them when they're down. I can't tell if I legitimately respect you right now or just envy your position as a fan of arguably the single most talented team in the history of the NBA. But maybe it's both. Godspeed, lol, please. And may we all be fortunate enough to one day be in your shoes. :hi5:

:cheers:

Happy Cinco and Birthday. Regardless of who's teams better, both of our teams are in the playoffs, in the thick of things.

kdspurman
05-06-2017, 12:31 AM
Kawhi and harden dunk.

One of them traveled. The other dunked with his off hand.

Fun facts

Watched a replay, i missed in real time.

No, he didnt travel man

Scoots
05-06-2017, 12:52 AM
seeing at how polite he is and logical you can bet its not the warriors : )

Pflbbbbt

FOXHOUND
05-06-2017, 02:43 AM
Hasheem Thabeet played in 2,357 minutes in the NBA and 33 minutes in the NBA playoffs. Adam Morrsion played 3,258 minutes in the NBA and 13 total minutes in the playoffs. Embiid may one day pass those guys in NBA minutes (remains to be seen), but at least we can say those guys played in an NBA playoff game.

:burn:

Saddletramp
05-06-2017, 04:30 AM
There were some brutal calls but that's not why the Rockets lost. The Spurs just played better and hit their shots. One thing one of the refs told JA Adande was on that foul where Harden offensively hit Gasol (I couldn't tell exactly what happened but I'm not debating the call). He said that Harden had an "unnatural motion" so that's why he got called for a foul. Wouldn't that be like when a guy jumps into a defender than just throws the ball up? That happens almost every game. I'd love it if they got rid of that. And these going over the screen and then stopping calls (and yes, I know Harden does that more than anyone but it's just awful).

Ryan Anderson can be so bad at home. I just......he's just so......pffft. Whatever.

Man, I don't like Patty "Mapache Ojos" Mills. I've never liked that dude.

I just googled "mapache ojos". Yeah, pretty much, lol.

Htownballa1622
05-06-2017, 08:48 AM
Watched a replay, i missed in real time.

No, he didnt travel man

Hop step into a 1-2 is normally a travel. It's hard to tell on replay. I slowed it down to see but regardless...doesn't matter. Kawhi can do no wrong. Especially to the zebras.

It's definitely not why Spurs won. But it def contributes to why the Spurs take a 4 pt lead into halftime.

Refs don't account for all missed shots rockets did. They just slightly influence how the game is flowing. Not to mention Harden not being able to hit his 3's.

Clearly, Spurs want to muck it up and slow pace down. Rockets need higher pace. The team that plays to their pace will win this series.

kdspurman
05-06-2017, 06:50 PM
Hop step into a 1-2 is normally a travel. It's hard to tell on replay. I slowed it down to see but regardless...doesn't matter. Kawhi can do no wrong. Especially to the zebras.

It's definitely not why Spurs won. But it def contributes to why the Spurs take a 4 pt lead into halftime.

Refs don't account for all missed shots rockets did. They just slightly influence how the game is flowing. Not to mention Harden not being able to hit his 3's.

Clearly, Spurs want to muck it up and slow pace down. Rockets need higher pace. The team that plays to their pace will win this series.

He picked up the ball, and took 2 steps. Def not a travel...

And you say Kawhi can do no wrong to the refs, many think he doesn't get enough respect because of his quiet nature. He gets hit a ton, but because he doesn't flail or throw his head back, he's not always getting the calls he deserves.

To your last sentence, I agree. We can control the pace a bit by limiting turnovers, and taking good shots.. If Houston is knocking down 3's tho, it'll be tough to win.

goingfor28
05-07-2017, 03:50 PM
If Houston loses tonight it's clearly bc refs duhhh

eDush
05-07-2017, 06:11 PM
If Houston loses tonight it's clearly bc refs duhhh

Sent from my SM-G920V using TapatalkI think you spent too much time with the Bread cause they ain't that good :nod:

rhino17
05-07-2017, 10:10 PM
Kawai literally slaps Harden across the arm on every single possession and NEVER a foul called. I never realized how much defensive leeway he gets. He is great in terms of position and staying in front of his man, but he commits A LOT of fouls that don't get called

Some of the fouls on Capela and Anderson have been atrocious as well

mightybosstone
05-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Kawai literally slaps Harden across the arm on every single possession and NEVER a foul called. I never realized how much defensive leeway he gets. He is great in terms of position and staying in front of his man, but he commits A LOT of fouls that don't get called

Some of the fouls on Capela and Anderson have been atrocious as well

The one-sided officiating in this series is really starting to show tonight. The Spurs have 13 free throws to only four for Houston at the half IN HOUSTON!!! And the Spurs have gotten the benefit of multiple and-one calls, when both Harden and Gordon have had drives that absolutely should have been and-ones.

I don't believe that games are rigged, but I do believe that sometimes officials do a piss poor job calling particular teams or particular players. And they have not done a good job being fair on both ends of the court. If both teams were getting the same calls, this would easily still be a double-digit Rockets lead.

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 10:15 PM
Down 4 at the half, ill take it. Especially with LMA in foul trouble early.

Gotta contain Anderson better. He clearly thinks tonight is a road game

mightybosstone
05-07-2017, 10:16 PM
He picked up the ball, and took 2 steps. Def not a travel...

And you say Kawhi can do no wrong to the refs, many think he doesn't get enough respect because of his quiet nature. He gets hit a ton, but because he doesn't flail or throw his head back, he's not always getting the calls he deserves.

To your last sentence, I agree. We can control the pace a bit by limiting turnovers, and taking good shots.. If Houston is knocking down 3's tho, it'll be tough to win.

Kawhi has had a couple of just absolutely blatant swipes on James Harden that were clearly caught by the cameras that the refs didn't call. And both teams are not getting the same call on contact going to the basket. You can say whatever you want, but the reality is that San Antonio has clearly gotten the benefit of the doubt tonight by the referees, and the Rockets have not. It's infuriating.

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 10:17 PM
Another night of officiating chatter i see... theres a difference of 3 PFs tonight, and Houston has taken 18 3s.

There will always be bad calls. There is nothing blatant determining the outcome like we've seen in years past. Missed calls happen.

rhino17
05-07-2017, 10:17 PM
The one-sided officiating in this series is really starting to show tonight. The Spurs have 13 free throws to only four for Houston at the half IN HOUSTON!!! And the Spurs have gotten the benefit of multiple and-one calls, when both Harden and Gordon have had drives that absolutely should have been and-ones.

I don't believe that games are rigged, but I do believe that sometimes officials do a piss poor job calling particular teams or particular players. And they have not done a good job being fair on both ends of the court. If both teams were getting the same calls, this would easily still be a double-digit Rockets lead.
A team that attacks the rim as much as the rockets should NEVER have only 4 free throws at the half. Especially since SA has no interior defenders.

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Kawhi has had a couple of just absolutely blatant swipes on James Harden that were clearly caught by the cameras that the refs didn't call. And both teams are not getting the same call on contact going to the basket. You can say whatever you want, but the reality is that San Antonio has clearly gotten the benefit of the doubt tonight by the referees, and the Rockets have not. It's infuriating.

That post you quoted was about last game..

And im seeing our big guys being pulled and grabbed when they go up for rebounds too. Like i said, missed calls always happen, and you guys dont see the calls /non-calls in your favor. There's alot going on in the paint being missed.

Re: Kawhi... he gets the benefit of the doubt sometimes defensively. I mean all great players do in some aspect. Kinda just the way it is, fair or not.

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 10:21 PM
A team that attacks the rim as much as the rockets should NEVER have only 4 free throws at the half. Especially since SA has no interior defenders.

I think last game Pau/LMA had what 8-9 combined blocks? They have interior defenders lol

And Houston attacks and kicks out often. And if you see Pop, hes making the defenders play vertical/with their hands up. Contact doesnt always = foul

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 10:31 PM
Bad call....

rhino17
05-07-2017, 10:32 PM
Kawai travels soooooooooo much

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 10:33 PM

Harden carries soooooo much lol

rhino17
05-07-2017, 10:33 PM
Harden carries soooooo much lol

Kawai literally doesn't know what a pivot foot is

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 10:35 PM
Kawai literally doesn't know what a pivot foot is

I assure you he does.

I mean, like i dont see any talk about your players. Its ALL about officiating.

Htownballa1622
05-07-2017, 10:35 PM

Kawhi getting away with traveling is the new norm.

mightybosstone
05-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Nene was taken to the hospital with a groin tear. ****. If he's out for the series, then D'Antoni seriously needs to consider giving Harrell some minutes.

KobeOwnSU
Hopefully Harden is ok. ****.

kdspurman
Like when the screener pushes a guy into Harden, and they get a foul .

There are so much you guys arent seeing, its comical. No discussion on player performances. Its refs refs refs...

I guess if they call Kawhi for travels, Houston is going for the sweep tonight?

lol, please
05-07-2017, 10:42 PM
Harden might out out for the season.

nvm, spoke too soon.

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 10:42 PM
The difference tonight, Houston is hitting the same contested shots they were missing the last few games.

rhino17
05-07-2017, 10:43 PM
Clear offensive foul on aldrige only to be reversed by a bogus goaltending call

There are so much you guys arent seeing, its comical. No discussion on player performances. Its refs refs refs...

refs are a substantial part of basketball whether you like it or not.

And on almost all of those fouls on 3s, the defender swipes james across the arm. Those are founs whether you like it or not. Kawai pulled the same thing against Lou williams a few times and those were legit fouls too because he baited him into reaching across the screen

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 10:44 PM
Playing so ****** on offense... move the ball a bit guys

Htownballa1622
05-07-2017, 10:45 PM

Nobody here is saying that's why the spurs are winning series so far.

It's ok to call out bad calls. We just see so many against Houston.

Capela just got called for goaltending (bad call)

They then makeup with Leonard charge(maybe bad call)

I call it how I see it.

Officials don't directly affect how teams are playing but it can spark a run or keep teams close and that's what has happened.

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 10:47 PM
Clear offensive foul on aldrige only to be reversed by a bogus goaltending call

refs are a substantial part of basketball whether you like it or not.

And on almost all of those fouls on 3s, the defender swipes james across the arm. Those are founs whether you like it or not. Kawai pulled the same thing against Lou williams a few times and those were legit fouls too because he baited him into reaching across the screen

Shouldve been an and 1 for Kawhi there.. but yea, he gets all the calls

But seriously, the players are a much bigger part of the game. Unless its like Sac/LAL of course.

But you don complain about your players. Just the refs.. its silly to not put some onus on the players

rhino17
05-07-2017, 10:47 PM
Harden going back to the step back 3, looks tired

Shouldve been an and 1 for Kawhi there.. but yea, he gets all the calls

But seriously, the players are a much bigger part of the game. Unless its like Sac/LAL of course.

But you don complain about your players. Just the refs.. its silly to not put some onus on the players
Im pretty sure I can post about what I want to post about. The refs ****ed up quite a bit in the first half. Its worth discussing.

How many times have I being discussing the refs throughout the series? Im calling them out today because they did a piss poor job.

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 10:49 PM
Nobody here is saying that's why the spurs are winning series so far.

It's ok to call out bad calls. We just see so many against Houston.

Capela just got called for goaltending (bad call)

They then makeup with Leonard charge(maybe bad call)

I call it how I see it.

Officials don't directly affect how teams are playing but it can spark a run or keep teams close and that's what has happened.

When all you do in a game thread is point out bad calls, yea.... not a good look. It makes it seem as if thats the reason for the results.

What else has been discussed by you guys? Except MBT who has thrown out some real game related stuff.

Nothin but ref stuff

lol, please
05-07-2017, 10:50 PM

Has Leonard getting away with traveling been a factor this series? Haven't been close attention to him.

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 10:50 PM
Harden going back to the step back 3, looks tired

Im pretty sure I can post about what I want to post about. The refs ****ed up quite a bit in the first half. Its worth discussing.

How many times have I being discussing the refs throughout the series? Im calling them out today because they did a piss poor job.

You absolutely can post what u want. And when all you do us whine about the officiating, i can call it out

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 10:51 PM
Has Leonard getting away with traveling been a factor this series? Haven't been close attention to him.

Its obviously the reason we're winning the series..... lol

rhino17
05-07-2017, 10:56 PM
When all you do in a game thread is point out bad calls, yea.... not a good look. It makes it seem as if thats the reason for the results.

What else has been discussed by you guys? Except MBT who has thrown out some real game related stuff.

Nothin but ref stuff
I mentioned the refs in the 2nd quarter of game 4, and it a legitimate discussion. Like someone else said, no one said thats deciding the game, but its extremely frustrating to watch. The Rockets are winning and have been the entire game, so I'm not sure what your point is.

If anything, you have been derailing the thread by complaining about ref complaining. Get over it. If it bothers you stop responding. I don't know why you feel the need to respond to everything I post.

And for the record, I made TWO posts about the officials before you went on your little tirade

mightybosstone
05-07-2017, 10:56 PM
The third was a much better officiated quarter. Thought the Rockets hacked on a couple of calls, but that goaltending call was totally bogus, so it evened out.

The story of the game though has to be Harden going God mode. The guy has been a monster tonight. And the guys are ACTUALLY hitting open 3s, which is nothing short of a miracle.

Htownballa1622
05-07-2017, 10:57 PM

Nothin but ref stuff

It really doesn't. That's just how YOU perceive it.

It's a game thread and we are calling what we see.

I have talked about pace,defensive coverages,etc.

I'm not gonna post "beard for 3! Kawhi is soo good!"

I'm going to post on what I see. I see refs doing things.

Bottom line shot making is what's helping us this game but it's funny how the pace goes up and we don't get called for as much b.s. as last game and all of a sudden we are taking off.

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 11:01 PM
I mentioned the refs in the 2nd quarter of game 4, and it a legitimate discussion. Like someone else said, no one said thats deciding the game, but its extremely frustrating to watch. The Rockets are winning and have been the entire game, so I'm not sure what your point is.

If anything, you have been derailing the thread by complaining about ref complaining. Get over it. If it bothers you stop responding. I don't know why you feel the need to respond to everything I post.

And for the record, I made TWO posts about the officials before you went on your little tirade

Im responding to what everyone is saying.

It just seems odd that when Rockets struggle, there's no talk of Anderson struggling, or Harden , or even D'Antoni. Its straight to the blame game of the refs

mightybosstone
05-07-2017, 11:03 PM
The Rockets are giving way too much space for Simmons to work. Williams just cannot guard him, and they've got to find someone else to defend him, whether it's Ariza, Beverley or Gordon.

rhino17
05-07-2017, 11:06 PM
Harden taking it over finally, taken him long enough

Struggling? The Rockets have been winning since the tip. A couple of us made some observations during the 2nd quarter and you are still talking about it

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 11:07 PM
Pop threw in the white flag by the start of The 4th, so don't expect any magical comeback.. hes got Game 5 in mind already. D'Antoni should be resting Harden tbh

Htownballa1622
05-07-2017, 11:07 PM
The Rockets are giving way too much space for Simmons to work. Williams just cannot guard him, and they've got to find someone else to defend him, whether it's Ariza, Beverley or Gordon.

They need to force him to shoot off dribble. He can shoot once his feet are set and they sag off.

Anderson clean block on dedmon . Foul. Lol. Missed both fts.

Vee-Rex
05-07-2017, 11:10 PM
Every other playoff game thread has talk about different things. Every time I peep in here during games it's a whinefest about refs.

Come on, you guys are better than that. You may not care but it looks reeeeeally bad and comes across as childish and bratty.

mightybosstone
05-07-2017, 11:10 PM
I'd honestly consider pulling Harden at this point. It's a 23-point lead and Pop has his bench guys in there. James already had one scary play tonight, and they can't afford him to have another.

Htownballa1622
05-07-2017, 11:11 PM
Pop threw in the white flag by the start of The 4th, so don't expect any magical comeback.. hes got Game 5 in mind already. D'Antoni should be resting Harden tbh

Agreed. James sometimes stays in too long. It's a dantoni special.

Pace is going to decide this series. Best of 3 now.

We will continue to complain but ultimately the shots being put in basket will determine outcome. :cheers:

No hard feelings. We're a passionate fan base that has suffered for a while. Yall have gone from d.rob to Duncan to kawhi. We're low key jealous but have respect for spurs.

rhino17
05-07-2017, 11:11 PM
I'd wait a little longer, maybe the 4 minute mark. If it is still 20. I never feel comfortable with a lead playing Pop until its over

mightybosstone
05-07-2017, 11:13 PM
Every other playoff game thread has talk about different things. Every time I peep in here during games it's a whinefest about refs.

Come on, you guys are better than that. You may not care but it looks reeeeeally bad and comes across as childish and bratty.

I just call it like it is, dude. You won't see me complaining for generally poor officiating unless it's really, really bad. And I honestly thought the first half of this game was really, really bad. Put yourself in the shoes of the fans watching the game and ask yourself if you would do the same.

But I think there's been discussion about things other than officiating... like when I got really drunk the other night and berated like half a dozen posters for no reason. THAT was childish and bratty.

Htownballa1622
05-07-2017, 11:13 PM

You're right about one thing. We don't care lol. It's an internet sports forum. Let us complain!

You just tell kyrie to step up so Bron can have help in finals against the evil empire in few. :smoking:

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 11:16 PM
Leonard the arrow has some words for ya bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYdK6bdm1ww

: )

Vee-Rex
05-07-2017, 11:17 PM
I just call it like it is, dude. You won't see me complaining for generally poor officiating unless it's really, really bad. And I honestly thought the first half of this game was really, really bad. Put yourself in the shoes of the fans watching the game and ask yourself if you would do the same.

But I think there's been discussion about things other than officiating... like when I got really drunk the other night and berated like half a dozen posters for no reason. THAT was childish and bratty.

Ahh, I'm sad I missed drunken MBT. :(

Vee-Rex
05-07-2017, 11:20 PM
You're right about one thing. We don't care lol. It's an internet sports forum. Let us complain!

You just tell kyrie to step up so Bron can have help in finals against the evil empire in few. :smoking:

I feel ya.

And I hope he snaps out of it. But I also hope the Dubs don't make it outside the WCF. :D

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 11:21 PM
Reggie Miller giving Pop adjustment advice for Game 5. Why did we get stuck with him these playoffs

More-Than-Most
05-07-2017, 11:22 PM
Reggie Miller giving Pop adjustment advice for Game 5. Why did we get stuck with him these playoffs

i dont listen to him anymore... I keep the game muted... He makes me hate basketball. I usually play games on comp with headset and watch games muted

lol, please
05-07-2017, 11:25 PM
Its obviously the reason we're winning the series..... lol

lol

Htownballa1622
05-07-2017, 11:26 PM
I feel ya.

And I hope he snaps out of it. But I also hope the Dubs don't make it outside the WCF. :D

Haha. Agreed. I wouldn't bet on it though lol.

mightybosstone
05-07-2017, 11:28 PM

I loathe Reggie. The guy praises every superstar like he's a god when he's doing mundane things. Every shot I've seen Westbrook, Harden or Leonard make, the guy has gushed over them like they were MJ hitting that game winner against Utah in the 90s. It's obnoxious. And he acted this entire game like he was a genius for suggesting that the Rockets hitting their 3s was some gigantic secret key to the game that only he was capable of deciphering. Really? The Rockets win basketball games when they hit their 3s? No ****!

I really hope they get anyone else to call the rest of the series. He drives me nuts.

Driven
05-07-2017, 11:32 PM
I actually really like the combo of Harlan and Reggie. I have no problem with either.

I also thought there were a couple of rough calls tonight, but overall I don't really think it affected the game at all.

Good win by the Rockets, we'll see what happens with Nene. Both Harden and Anderson seemed to come to life when he went down though. Both stepped up.

Also, Pao Gasol has got to dominate more with Harden guarding him.

mightybosstone
05-07-2017, 11:37 PM
One quick thought to note. I honestly thought the loss of Tony Parker was pretty overblown in Games 2 and 3 because I ultimately think he's probably only the 4th or 5th best player on that roster. But they really could have used him tonight. Yeah, I get the whole "veteran leadership, yadda yadda yadda" argument, but that's totally overblown. They needed his scoring and shot creation in the second half when their guys weren't hitting anything.

That being said, Nene could miss the rest of this series, and that will certainly make things interesting from the Rockets side of things. We saw how easy the Spurs frontline had it with Clint on the bench late in that second quarter. He CANNOT get into foul trouble moving forward, and they're going to have to do a better job of doubling Aldridge and Gasol in the low post when they've got a guard on them. Houston was very inconsistent with that tonight, and they can't afford to screw that up all series long.

rhino17
05-07-2017, 11:42 PM

The entire first half he kept saying the spurs have gotta make Harden a jump shooter and not let him drive. The entire second half he said the spurs gotta make him a driver, not a jump shooter. The guy is always all over the place.

Harlan is great, Reggie not so much

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 11:43 PM
One quick thought to note. I honestly thought the loss of Tony Parker was pretty overblown in Games 2 and 3 because I ultimately think he's probably only the 4th or 5th best player on that roster. But they really could have used him tonight. Yeah, I get the whole "veteran leadership, yadda yadda yadda" argument, but that's totally overblown. They needed his scoring and shot creation in the second half when their guys weren't hitting anything.

That being said, Nene could miss the rest of this series, and that will certainly make things interesting from the Rockets side of things. We saw how easy the Spurs frontline had it with Clint on the bench late in that second quarter. He CANNOT get into foul trouble moving forward, and they're going to have to do a better job of doubling Aldridge and Gasol in the low post when they've got a guard on them. Houston was very inconsistent with that tonight, and they can't afford to screw that up all series long.

Dude, im sorry, but TP has been the 2nd most reliable Spur these playoffs. With these guys, you're right, he Should be 4/5 best... but it didnt play out that way at all. Against Memphis, dude bailed us out big time.

kdspurman
05-07-2017, 11:49 PM
I loathe Reggie. The guy praises every superstar like he's a god when he's doing mundane things. Every shot I've seen Westbrook, Harden or Leonard make, the guy has gushed over them like they were MJ hitting that game winner against Utah in the 90s. It's obnoxious. And he acted this entire game like he was a genius for suggesting that the Rockets hitting their 3s was some gigantic secret key to the game that only he was capable of deciphering. Really? The Rockets win basketball games when they hit their 3s? No ****!

I really hope they get anyone else to call the rest of the series. He drives me nuts.

The entire first half he kept saying the spurs have gotta make Harden a jump shooter and not let him drive. The entire second half he said the spurs gotta make him a driver, not a jump shooter. The guy is always all over the place.

Harlan is great, Reggie not so much

Yes. Hes all over the place. And he has a fascination of Westbrook that goes back to when we played them a few years ago. I know he goes off a lot, but WB and OKC take him to new heights (im sure yoh know that if you' had him in the first round)

mightybosstone
05-07-2017, 11:53 PM
Dude, im sorry, but TP has been the 2nd most reliable Spur these playoffs. With these guys, you're right, he Should be 4/5 best... but it didnt play out that way at all. Against Memphis, dude bailed us out big time.

Ahh... See, that's news to me. I only caught bits and pieces of that series. I was considering the regular season data and games I saw a little more. To be fair, though, you are talking about a small sample size against a team that defends the paint extremely well. The Spurs bigs were probably always going to struggle against Memphis.

What I don't understand is why the Spurs big men aren't stepping up more in this series, though. Aldridge and Pau continue to settle for contested 15-footers when they have guards switched on them, and they could easily back those guys down and get a shot within 5 feet. In LMA's defense, he has been pretty great in this series since that atrocious performance in Game 1. But what's Pau's excuse for scoring double digits once in four games despite being matched up against Anderson, Ariza and Harden more than half the time? And at one point tonight, Lee had freaking Lou Will on him and settled for a barely contested 8-footer that he left woefully short.

Without Parker out, this is the Spurs opportunity to slow the pace down, crash the glass and work the paint. But they failed at that tonight.

kdspurman
05-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Ahh... See, that's news to me. I only caught bits and pieces of that series. I was considering the regular season data and games I saw a little more. To be fair, though, you are talking about a small sample size against a team that defends the paint extremely well. The Spurs bigs were probably always going to struggle against Memphis.

Conley is quite the defender himself tho. I like to think TP was saving his best play for the post-season. The

What I don't understand is why the Spurs big men aren't stepping up more in this series, though. Aldridge and Pau continue to settle for contested 15-footers when they have guards switched on them, and they could easily back those guys down and get a shot within 5 feet. In LMA's defense, he has been pretty great in this series since that atrocious performance in Game 1. But what's Pau's excuse for scoring double digits once in four games despite being matched up against Anderson, Ariza and Harden more than half the time? And at one point tonight, Lee had freaking Lou Will on him and settled for a barely contested 8-footer that he left woefully short.

Yea, I have no idea. Which is why without TP, it's frustrating to rely on those guys. I mean TP would get guys (especially LMA) open looks left/right, and he's really the only guy outside of Kawhi and maybe Simmons now who can get into the paint consistently to score or find the shooters.

Without Parker out, this is the Spurs opportunity to slow the pace down, crash the glass and work the paint. But they failed at that tonight.

I think more of it just had to do with Houston hitting some of those tough shots that they missed the previous couple games. You look at the 3 point shooting from the 2 wins vs 2 losses, and it seems to tell the story. Once they're hitting the tough shots, everything else seems to come easier.

I don't think there's anyway to spin losing TP positively honestly. You can also see how easily Murray is being pestered by Beverely. TP handles pressure far better

Driven
05-08-2017, 09:28 AM

Didn't you love the way they adjusted though? Harden stepped up his energy defensively. How good he was I don't know, but he was defending Gasol, got some boards, and became a leader defensively. Anderson also got a bit of fire by coming off the bench in the second half. Anderson being a stretch five offensively can be a benefit at times as well. Aldridge is a defensive liability out there. How can the Spurs guard five three point shooters during some stretches without leaving the lane open for Harden or Ariza to drive?

And let's be honest, the Rockets best squad almost always has Ariza on the floor at the 4.

The one area they became very weak at, and Lou Williams is somewhat to blame for this with his style of play last night, is that with Anderson setting pick and rolls or when Anderson takes a three, they literally have no big man underneath to grab the board.

I was surprised D'Antoni didn't use Harrell last night when the lead got safe. Harrell certainly can step in and play some minutes. Very similar style to Nene.

mightybosstone
05-08-2017, 12:27 PM
It's official. Nene is out the rest of the playoffs. :sigh:

I still think the Rockets can win this series, but Capela needs to step up in a big way, and the Rockets have to hit their shots when they go small with Ryno at the 5. I'm still optimistic for this series, but losing Nene is a pretty big blow.

tredigs
05-08-2017, 12:40 PM
It's official. Nene is out the rest of the playoffs. :sigh:

I still think the Rockets can win this series, but Capela needs to step up in a big way, and the Rockets have to hit their shots when they go small with Ryno at the 5. I'm still optimistic for this series, but losing Nene is a pretty big blow.

That really sucks. You guys can definitely still win though, Nene was playing pretty poorly this series. You just need Lou Will and Bev to make shots at a more reasonable clip when the D clamps down on Harden.

Still leaning SAS in 7 though (home court being the difference for me).

Vee-Rex
05-08-2017, 01:08 PM
I predicted Spurs in 7 and it looks like it'll go 7 games. The injuries suck really badly.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18301777_1762919093736607_4334045313595302583_n.jp g?oh=5ae496c6c56d2214ecdfd3ff32555996&oe=59779333

^^^ sums it all up pretty much

rhino17
05-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Didn't you love the way they adjusted though? Harden stepped up his energy defensively. How good he was I don't know, but he was defending Gasol, got some boards, and became a leader defensively.

I'm glad D'Antoni went to this, its the only smart thing McHale used to do. Harden is actually a good defender in the post and can guard a lot of PFs. That is the best place to hide him on the defensive end. I wouldn't mind him on Aldridge either. He can shoot that fadeaway over anybody so the size won't matter and James can handle him if he tries to get deeper in the post.

Driven
05-08-2017, 04:24 PM
The loss of Nene sucks, but it's not as big of a loss for the Rockets as Tony Parker is for the Spurs.

D'Antoni always has his Center's play at a higher level than they should. It's a good system for Centers. If you have some size and can run the court, you will have success. I think there's a good chance that you won't see much of a drop off in production, if at all.

Nene played two minutes last night. The Rockets won by 21. He played the previous two games. They lost by a combined 36 points.

Nene's production is valuable and efficient, but the team does not rely on it and I think it's replaceable. I do think Harrell should get some PT tomorrow night.

FlashBolt
05-08-2017, 06:29 PM
Harden will get exposed against the Warriors whereas Kawhi will put up a bigger fight. I really want Spurs to win. I don't want to watch Harden shoot like 30% and get destroyed again.

rhino17
05-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Harden will get exposed against the Warriors whereas Kawhi will put up a bigger fight. I really want Spurs to win. I don't want to watch Harden shoot like 30% and get destroyed again.

How can you say that? Whoever wins this series will put up the better fight

And honestly, both will be giant underdogs. While the Rockets have a lower floor, they also have a much higher ceiling. They are the ONLY team that has a chance at taking down Golden State. If they hit 20+ 3s multiple times in a series, they are pretty much impossible to beat.

Driven
05-09-2017, 10:04 AM
How can you say that? Whoever wins this series will put up the better fight

And honestly, both will be giant underdogs. While the Rockets have a lower floor, they also have a much higher ceiling. They are the ONLY team that has a chance at taking down Golden State. If they hit 20+ 3s multiple times in a series, they are pretty much impossible to beat.

I agree. The Rockets have a small chance to get lucky and just hit all of their threes for four games. I don't think the Spurs have much of a chance at all against the Warriors.

mightybosstone
05-09-2017, 10:46 AM

Here's a fun fact! Harden actually shot 46.7 percent against Golden State in the 5-game series in 2014-15—his numbers in that series were excellent. And even last year as bad as he was against Golden State in that 5-game series, he still managed to shoot 41 percent from the floor. So actually, he's NEVER shot 30 percent from the floor against Golden State in a playoff series.

But you know who HAS averaged a shooting percentage in the 30s in the NBA playoffs recently? Russell Westbrook, who shot a pathetic 38.8 percent from the floor against the Rockets a few weeks ago. I really look forward a year from now to saying "Man I hope OKC doesn't get to play Houston again. I don't want to watch Westbrook shoot like 30 percent and get destroyed again." ;)

kdspurman
05-09-2017, 10:49 AM
I agree. The Rockets have a small chance to get lucky and just hit all of their threes for four games. I don't think the Spurs have much of a chance at all against the Warriors.

Never doubt Pop's ability to game plan for a team.... just sayin

Vee-Rex
05-09-2017, 02:13 PM
Here's a fun fact! Harden actually shot 46.7 percent against Golden State in the 5-game series in 2014-15—his numbers in that series were excellent. And even last year as bad as he was against Golden State in that 5-game series, he still managed to shoot 41 percent from the floor. So actually, he's NEVER shot 30 percent from the floor against Golden State in a playoff series.

I haven't checked the numbers but I recall that he was pretty inconsistent with his efficiency, right? Like he'd go 13 of 19 one game and then go 5 of 21 the next. That's fine for the regular season but it's backbreaking in a playoff series for the #1 option to be inconsistent like that.

FWIW I've never really held it against him. His teams were outmatched. I'm perfectly happy knowing that the Spurs OR Rockets will be GS's WCF opponent.

kdspurman
05-09-2017, 03:03 PM
With Gordon starting, i think we'll see Pop play small a bit more. They've had success

Meanwhile, lineups with Jonathon Simmons at power forward next to either Gasol or Aldridge in the past three games since the Game 1 blowout that stunned the Spurs are plus-17 in 25 minutes. They have been excellent

Idk if he'll start small or not, but i think he'll have to go to it more.

Redrum187
05-09-2017, 03:59 PM
I would like to see Kawhi play some PF. Ryan Anderson will get smoked every time. If the Rockets pull Anderson out for Ariza at the 4, I would be quite happy with that. Granted, Ariza has hit many 3's this series, I think he'll fall back down to earth.

rhino17
05-09-2017, 06:49 PM
I would have considered starting Dekker rather than Gordon. Gordon sometimes has trouble getting into the game when he starts and struggles. I would have kept him in the role he thrives in.

mightybosstone
05-09-2017, 06:57 PM
I would like to see Kawhi play some PF. Ryan Anderson will get smoked every time. If the Rockets pull Anderson out for Ariza at the 4, I would be quite happy with that. Granted, Ariza has hit many 3's this series, I think he'll fall back down to earth.

Frankly, I have no idea why the Spurs haven't gone this route more all season long. A starting 5 of something like Mills, Green, Simmons, Leonard and Aldridge would be really, really dangerous offensively. And the Rockets are the perfect team to try it against as Houston doesn't have a big man at PF who could really do damage against Kawhi in the post.

mightybosstone
05-09-2017, 06:59 PM
I would have considered starting Dekker rather than Gordon. Gordon sometimes has trouble getting into the game when he starts and struggles. I would have kept him in the role he thrives in.

I'll admit that worries me, too. But he came out at the start of the 3rd and just lit it up. So I'm hoping we get more of the same to start Game 5.

kdspurman
05-09-2017, 07:44 PM
Frankly, I have no idea why the Spurs haven't gone this route more all season long. A starting 5 of something like Mills, Green, Simmons, Leonard and Aldridge would be really, really dangerous offensively. And the Rockets are the perfect team to try it against as Houston doesn't have a big man at PF who could really do damage against Kawhi in the post.

Could be saving for times of need ;)

You cant do it too often otherwise it gives the opponent too much footage to adjust/plan for.

I think there will be some small ball tonight tho honestly

kdspurman
05-09-2017, 08:08 PM
I know Pau yells for nothing a lot, but Hardens getting away with lots of contact

rhino17
05-09-2017, 08:09 PM
I think i'd switch Harden on to Aldridge and Clint on to Pau. Clint is better closer to the rim

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Zarba surprisingly giving rockets calls(they're legit though)

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 08:24 PM
I like patty mills. I hated him back in his towel waving days but hes really been a solid player since then.

I also saw a spurs trainer offer him red Gatorade and he politely said. "No, water please."

I like the Aussie.

He's not your normal p.o.s NBA player(durant)

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 08:28 PM
Out on Lou. Zarba gives it to rockets but should have been foul.

Call original foul.

kdspurman
05-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Ball dont lie....

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Pau is such a va.gi.na

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 08:38 PM
Simmons tackles Beverley. No call.

basch152
05-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Kawhi is gonna be on shaqtin

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Kawhi traveled then got fouled.

basch152
05-09-2017, 08:44 PM
And this is what i ****ing hate about the nba.

Kawhi puts his shoulder into defender, flops a bit - DEFENSIVE FOUL

That should be a clear no call.

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 08:46 PM
Lmao!

That was a charge by Gordon on anderson?

kdspurman
05-09-2017, 08:47 PM
Things starting to balance out a it finally... sheesh

kdspurman
05-09-2017, 08:50 PM
Lmao!

That was a charge by Gordon on anderson?

Its what i hate about officiating. They clearly favored you guys early on. Then they start with questionable make ups

TrueFan420
05-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Its what i hate about officiating. They clearly favored you guys early on. Then they start with questionable make ups

The make up call is always dumb. Yea the ref can see in the replay they messed up but you don't need to make another mistake to fix the first one.

kdspurman
05-09-2017, 08:55 PM
If Kawhi pushed off like Harden, the outcry would be something...

kdspurman
05-09-2017, 09:15 PM
Down 2 with Kawhi not really having a major impact, that's the good news. The bad news, his knee being treated on the bench. Hope it's nothing serious and he can come out and do his thing in the 2nd half.

mightybosstone
05-09-2017, 09:28 PM
Now that was a great first half of basketball! That's easily the best first half of a basketball game I've seen in the playoffs so far this year. I'm not going to complain too much about the officiating, because I thought there were bad calls on both sides. BUT I will say that the last-minute layup by Capela was one of the most blatant pushes on a shot attempt to not get a foul call I've ever seen. But Capela made the basket, and the Rockets are leading, so I won't complain.

mightybosstone
05-09-2017, 09:32 PM
I thought Harden might have had his best game of the postseason in Game 4, but he might be even better tonight. That pass to Capela was glorious.

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 09:37 PM
Kawhi travels. Misses shot.

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 09:38 PM
That was a charge. Smh

kdspurman
05-09-2017, 09:41 PM
**** Kawhi... dammit. Looks hurt

mightybosstone
05-09-2017, 09:42 PM
That was a charge. Smh

It really, really was. Chalk it up to another no call on Kawhi. I'm convinced he threatened the lives of the referees' families before the series, because I've never seen a player get the benefit of the doubt on these players so often.

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 09:43 PM
Dang it. Hate injuries to anyone.

kdspurman
05-09-2017, 09:44 PM
It really, really was. Chalk it up to another no call on Kawhi. I'm convinced he threatened the lives of the referees' families before the series, because I've never seen a player get the benefit of the doubt on these players so often.

You can blame the no call that he had when he drove previously that drove Pop nuts. He got hit, and actually mumbled 3 words to a ref .

kdspurman
05-09-2017, 09:44 PM
Glad its nothing serious...

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 09:45 PM
Kawhi charge on Anderson.

I didn't like that call. Earlier one on bev was more.

rhino17
05-09-2017, 09:45 PM
FINALLY a call on Kawai

rhino17
05-09-2017, 09:46 PM
I hate that James is ALWAYS so close to an 8 second violation when bringing the ball up the court

kdspurman
05-09-2017, 09:50 PM
That was clearly off Harden...

Rockets never get calls tho. Absolute ********

kdspurman
05-09-2017, 09:52 PM
Should've been a charge too.. but whatever.

Took the lead at least

mightybosstone
05-09-2017, 09:55 PM
Now THIS is a great basketball game. This is what I expected from this series. Unfortunately the Spurs go into the 4th with the momentum after that Green 3-pointer, but I like the way Houston is playing. They've got to take advantage of any time Kawai sits in the 4th, though.

Htownballa1622

TrueFan420
That was clearly off Harden...

Rockets never get calls tho. Absolute ********

Should've been a charge too.. but whatever.

Took the lead at least

And they a hit 3 off that

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 09:56 PM
Ball was off on harden but thats one of those plays wherr they call it out on opposing team instead of giving a foul.

Problem is, I don't think there was a foul. We caught break 4 sure.

TrueFan420
05-09-2017, 09:57 PM

You know what they say about throwing stones in glass houses right?

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 09:59 PM
You know what they say about throwing stones in glass houses right?

Yeah harden always switches his pivot foot.

**** outta here.

kdspurman
05-09-2017, 10:01 PM
Pau goes straight up , no problem. Shot was missed so have your FTs. Even Pop had to laugh at that garbage

kdspurman
05-09-2017, 10:01 PM

**** outta here.

No but the dude pushes off A LOT. So call it even...

TrueFan420
05-09-2017, 10:03 PM

**** outta here.
Well actually traveling and moving pivot foots is unfortunately woefully undercalled across all teams in the NBA. But *****ing about a missed call when your team and mister Harden get away with ghost/snap your neck back like you got shot calls is funny.

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 10:04 PM
No but the dude pushes off A LOT. So call it even...

Nah. I won't call that even at all. Contact is all the time and kawhi pushes off too.

Not everyone switches pivot feet like they're doing the dosey doe.

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 10:08 PM
Well actually traveling and moving pivot foots is unfortunately woefully undercalled across all teams in the NBA. But *****ing about a missed call when your team and mister Harden get away with ghost/snap your neck back like you got shot calls is funny.

I couldn't care less. I'm gonna call it when it's obvious and they always miss it.

kdspurman

Ironic right...

Htownballa1622
Naw don't even look to see if he got hit in face. All good...

KobeOwnSU
05-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Is Khawi hurt?

mightybosstone
05-09-2017, 10:13 PM
That stretch there was Houston's chance to blow this open, but they couldn't hit their shots. Expecting a Spurs run here now.

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 10:13 PM
Is Khawi hurt?

He tweaked his ankle. Hes been hesitant since.

TrueFan420
05-09-2017, 10:17 PM
Ironic right...

No doubt

TrueFan420
05-09-2017, 10:20 PM
That stretch there was Houston's chance to blow this open, but they couldn't hit their shots. Expecting a Spurs run here now.

I mean yea but at the same time the Spurs were missing good looks too. Couldn't you say that was their chance to carry the momentum from the end of the 3 to blow the game open.

TrueFan420
05-09-2017, 10:23 PM
Can a rockets fan tell me who the Jamal Tinsley look a like is on your bench?

KobeOwnSU
05-09-2017, 10:23 PM
The playoffs finally started tonight.

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 10:24 PM
Good. Patty been tryna flop the while time.

Htownballa1622
05-09-2017, 10:24 PM
Can a rockets fan tell me who the Jamal Tinsley look a like is on your bench?

His prerogative.

basch152
05-09-2017, 10:26 PM
Seriously though, the **** got into ginobli?

KobeOwnSU
05-09-2017, 10:28 PM
The trademark Harden push off...he knew it too.

basch152
Also - game winning flop.

Htownballa1622
Spurs. When in doubt. Get on your back.

mightybosstone
05-09-2017, 10:29 PM
He flopped. He flopped and they called it. I'm going to be sick to my stomach if they lose this game because of that awful flop call.

rhino17
What a ****ing flop

**** you simmons.....**** you

More-Than-Most
spurs about to end this ****er. Good **** refs calling that **** on harden... He gets away with everything

More-Than-Most
05-09-2017, 10:30 PM
mills is a ****ing ****** lol

Lakers + Giants
05-09-2017, 10:30 PM
He flopped. He flopped and they called it. I'm going to be sick to my stomach if they lose this game because of that awful flop call.

I'm sorry but with Harden doing what you just said to opposing teams, you can't be serious..

KobeOwnSU
05-09-2017, 10:31 PM
Something tells me Pop wasn't happy.

More-Than-Most
I'm sorry but with Harden doing what you just said to opposing teams, you can't be serious..

yup... he deserves to get that **** called against him all the time when you look at harden its a ****ing foul.

lakerfan85
How in the hell is Kawhi not in the ****ing game??

TrueFan420
05-09-2017, 10:32 PM
Damn... to OT we go. What an entertaining to watch as a 3rd party. It's going back and forth.

Lakers + Giants
05-09-2017, 10:32 PM
yup... he deserves to get that **** called against him all the time when you look at harden its a ****ing foul.

here's the thing, he embellished it. He made it look worse than it was, but Harden still PUSHED OFF. still a foul. The flop just made it more obvious.

mightybosstone
05-09-2017, 10:33 PM

Not with 12 ****ing seconds left in Game 5 of the playoffs. NO player should get that call in that situation. The refs blew it. But whatever. It ultimately probably doesn't matter, and we're going to overtime.

WaDe03
05-09-2017, 10:33 PM
Good lord how do you not have Kawhi in there regardless of an ankle twist. He can get a shot off whenever.

WaDe03
05-09-2017, 10:34 PM
Not with 12 ****ing seconds left in Game 5 of the playoffs. NO player should get that call in that situation. The refs blew it. But whatever. It ultimately probably doesn't matter, and we're going to overtime.

To be fair, Harden got a very soft call the play before. He missed the shot anyways.

WaDe03
05-09-2017, 10:35 PM
Aldridge sucks now, goodness

rhino17
05-09-2017, 10:35 PM
That was a CLEAR offensive foul.

WaDe03
05-09-2017, 10:37 PM
Literally every player out there is choking right now

TrueFan420
05-09-2017, 10:38 PM
The struggle is real in OT

KobeOwnSU
05-09-2017, 10:38 PM
Kawhi needs to make Pop put him back in the game.