PDA

View Full Version : Nike, Adidas and UA refusing to endorse Lonzo Ball bc you know who

MagicBucsSox
04-28-2017, 11:04 AM
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19264024/nike-armour-adidas-not-interested-deal-lonzo-ball.

WaDe03
04-28-2017, 11:08 AM
Already screwing his son out of millions and proabably a dream to have a signature shoe with one of those brands lmao!

Who cares about your big baller brand you're set for life regardless

warfelg
04-28-2017, 11:11 AM
Already screwing his son out of millions and proabably a dream to have a signature shoe with one of those brands lmao!

Yo BBB gonna be bigger than all of them. Steph who?

MagicBucsSox
04-28-2017, 11:14 AM

Exactly, get your foot in the door. Build some equity, take the 100mill you were gonna get then start you own thing.
Idiot LaVar. Good luck with that Converse deal

warfelg
04-28-2017, 11:30 AM
Exactly, get your foot in the door. Build some equity, take the 100mill you were gonna get then start you own thing.
Idiot LaVar. Good luck with that Converse deal

He'll end up with Li-Ning

WaDe03
04-28-2017, 11:32 AM
He'll end up with Li-Ning

Wade will get him right then lol!

Sly Guy
04-28-2017, 11:53 AM
lol, this guy is something else. He's gonna make it sooooo hard for his sons, and criticizing him about his approach only makes him scream 'hater' and try that much harder.

WaDe03
04-28-2017, 12:08 PM

LA4life24/8
04-28-2017, 12:10 PM

This makes me cringe. Look at lonzos face. Dude looks super embarrassed. Like he doesnt even wanna be there. His dad has done his part for lonzo he needs to focus on liangelo and lamelo now and let lonzo be his own man

IKnowHoops
04-28-2017, 02:35 PM
We would not know who Lonzo Ball is if not for his dad. He might be a second round pick if not for his dad. Not saying he's not good, but there are probably 10 guys better than him, yet he could be a top 3 pick because of the hype he has received because of his dad.

His two little brothers have been on ESPN. I know his two little brothers and what they are doing in high school.

Let that sink in.

RowBTrice
04-28-2017, 03:00 PM
Can't stand this dude

HandsOnTheWheel
04-28-2017, 03:25 PM
I'd stay as far away from him as possible as a large shoe company too. Talk about alienating certain target market groups by way of stupidity. The icing on the cake was what he said regarding Lonzos "white teammates". This Big Baller Brand nonsense is going to be a total bust and I'll be the first one laughing my *** off when it blows up in this idiot's face. :)

FlashBolt
04-28-2017, 03:28 PM
There's no doubt Lonzo is a very marketable individual. Him and his siblings are probably able to land in the NBA. But his dad is a total clown. This is one of those cases where if he had shut his mouth since the beginning, his son would have probably had a shoe deal already.

Scoots
04-28-2017, 06:55 PM

Go visit Sketchers wearing your brand on your chest. :rolleyes:

Scoots
04-28-2017, 06:58 PM
We would not know who Lonzo Ball is if not for his dad. He might be a second round pick if not for his dad. Not saying he's not good, but there are probably 10 guys better than him, yet he could be a top 3 pick because of the hype he has received because of his dad.

His two little brothers have been on ESPN. I know his two little brothers and what they are doing in high school.

Let that sink in.

We know lottery picks, we'd know Lonzo. His vision and BBIQ are excellent for college ball. But yeah this is the Kardashian form of "famous" ... say it loud enough and long enough and some people will believe you.

WaDe03
04-28-2017, 07:21 PM

Let that sink in.

What?

tredigs
04-28-2017, 07:22 PM
Why would this kid get a shoe deal entering the league in the first place? Wtf would want to rock a pair of Lonzo Ball's? There's like 10 players in the NBA with shoe deals.

D Blue987
04-28-2017, 07:35 PM
Why would this kid get a shoe deal entering the league in the first place? Wtf would want to rock a pair of Lonzo Ball's? There's like 10 players in the NBA with shoe deals.

The bigger companies get to the highly perceived future stars early so they can bank on their careers later if their any good. The problem for ball now is that his brand is only going to do as well as he does in the nba. His father has effectively put more risk to his Lonzo's financial future by not playing ball with the bigger corporations so to speak as he now has to get a deal with one of those Chinese companies or raise significant capital to get the brand off the ground which will cost him in equity and debt.

tredigs
04-28-2017, 08:39 PM
The bigger companies get to the highly perceived future stars early so they can bank on their careers later if their any good. The problem for ball now is that his brand is only going to do as well as he does in the nba. His father has effectively put more risk to his Lonzo's financial future by not playing ball with the bigger corporations so to speak as he now has to get a deal with one of those Chinese companies or raise significant capital to get the brand off the ground which will cost him in equity and debt.

Lonzo in no way deserves to join the 10 guys in the NBA with shoe deals. He's not Lebron or KD, he doesn't deserve a deal out of high school. Probably why he is not getting one.

More-Than-Most
04-28-2017, 09:00 PM
If Ball brings back LA Gears and wears em on the court I am all in baby

More-Than-Most
04-28-2017, 09:02 PM

just think... You can see a pair on your friend and say YO... I need to get me some of those Balls .. :shrug:

IKnowHoops
04-28-2017, 09:28 PM
why would this kid get a shoe deal entering the league in the first place? Wtf would want to rock a pair of lonzo ball's? There's like 10 players in the nba with shoe deals.

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We wouldn't even be hearing about how he's not getting a shoe deal if it wasn't for his pops. He just wouldn't be getting a shoe deal and nobody would know or care. Any othe college guys got a shoe deal with Nike?

IKnowHoops
04-28-2017, 09:31 PM
What?

Uh, yeah

IKnowHoops
04-28-2017, 09:34 PM
Lonzo Balls daddy has tricked y'all into thinking he deserves a shoe deal. Lolololololol. Advantage pappa Ball.

mrblisterdundee
04-28-2017, 09:35 PM
This makes me cringe. Look at lonzos face. Dude looks super embarrassed. Like he doesnt even wanna be there. His dad has done his part for lonzo he needs to focus on liangelo and lamelo now and let lonzo be his own man

It's up to Lonzo to call his dad out, unless he approves of his behavior.

Let that sink in.

We know about Lonzo because he's good. If he played as well as his dad, all the hyping in the world wouldn't make him a lottery pick. It's LaVar taking advantage of his son's talent to hype him and push his silly, overpriced clothing line.

FlashBolt
04-28-2017, 10:21 PM
Lonzo in no way deserves to join the 10 guys in the NBA with shoe deals. He's not Lebron or KD, he doesn't deserve a deal out of high school. Probably why he is not getting one.

Because:

1) Other competitors might snatch him.
2) The potential is there.
3) It's enough to get others to join other companies when you don't actively pursue players with that much attention.

Variable of factors but it pretty much comes down to preventing other companies from taking them and making money. He's worth a shot but certainly not at that price.

IndyRealist
04-28-2017, 10:30 PM

A lot of NBA players have shoe deals, they just don't have a shoe line. Joe Young has a shoe deal.

tredigs
04-28-2017, 11:05 PM
A lot of NBA players have shoe deals, they just don't have a shoe line. Joe Young has a shoe deal.

OK, yes, I should clarify - a line. Obviously many are contracted to wear shoes within the company. But with the dollar amounts Lavar's dumb *** was posing, clearly he is talking about a line. And so far it looks like no bites.

FlashBolt
04-28-2017, 11:14 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if lavar goes to KMART with this sneaker line.. he'll end up on the cover of JCPenny's with that damn sneaker.

warfelg
04-29-2017, 09:07 AM
I wouldn't be shocked if in 5 years we hear about Lonzo isn't talking to his dad.

LOb0
04-29-2017, 02:23 PM
I don't even want the Celtics to draft him due to his idiot father.

I almost want him to fail so his dad doesn't get ****. But I don't wanna take it out on Lonzo because his dad is an *******.

Tg11
04-29-2017, 04:38 PM
Yeah being a die hard Celtics fan honestly would I want our team to draft Lonzo Ball as #1 pick? Honestly, my brain says draft Lonzo but then my heart says not to draft him because if we do then we invite the unnecessary attention of LaVar too but Celtics in the draft lottery if we do end up #1 then we will obviously draft either Josh Jackson or Markelle Fultz...personally I would go with Fultz as our pick

But Lonzo since Nike, UA and Adidas have all rejected Ball the only shoe companies that are large that are still out there that can sign Lonzo and endorse him would be Converse, Reebok or AND1

tredigs
04-29-2017, 10:50 PM
Underrated aspect of big companies not wanting to spend massive funds on lonzo that we are not talking about - but rest assure they care about. This kid is ugly.

warfelg
04-30-2017, 08:34 AM
I don't even want the Celtics to draft him due to his idiot father.

I almost want him to fail so his dad doesn't get ****. But I don't wanna take it out on Lonzo because his dad is an *******.

Yeah being a die hard Celtics fan honestly would I want our team to draft Lonzo Ball as #1 pick? Honestly, my brain says draft Lonzo but then my heart says not to draft him because if we do then we invite the unnecessary attention of LaVar too but Celtics in the draft lottery if we do end up #1 then we will obviously draft either Josh Jackson or Markelle Fultz...personally I would go with Fultz as our pick

But Lonzo since Nike, UA and Adidas have all rejected Ball the only shoe companies that are large that are still out there that can sign Lonzo and endorse him would be Converse, Reebok or AND1

It's kinda funny that there's some Sixers fans that say they would still take him high regardless of his dad because his dad can't effect the team.

Tg11
04-30-2017, 10:36 AM
Apparently LaVar wants the Lakers to draft his son Lonzo but would Magic and the Lakers front office even want all of that attention that comes with the Ball family

IndyRealist
04-30-2017, 11:04 AM
Apparently LaVar wants the Lakers to draft his son Lonzo but would Magic and the Lakers front office even want all of that attention that comes with the Ball family

Have the Lakers ever been afraid of attention?

Tg11
04-30-2017, 11:08 AM
You do have a point but do the Lakers I mean does the Laker fanbase really want all that unnecessary attention that comes with LaVar Ball and his antics? I mean I know Lonzo he would fit right into the young Lakers core their culture but LaVar would just overshadow Lonzo

R. Johnson#3
04-30-2017, 03:10 PM
LaVar Ball is far and away the most entertaining man in sports and he's not even in sports.

riconek
04-30-2017, 03:51 PM

Adidas owns Reebok and Nike owns Converse

effen5
05-02-2017, 11:32 AM

and honestly, majority of the world will only still wear Jordans.

Firefistus
05-02-2017, 02:21 PM
The Celtics should sign and trade him to LA for a Billion dollars. That's what he's worth, right?

BKLYNpigeon
05-02-2017, 02:47 PM
At the end of the day, Lonzo will have a regular shoe deal with Nike or Adidas.