PDA

View Full Version : Will the knicks trade Porz and what do you think is fair value?

More-Than-Most
04-25-2017, 12:44 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/kristaps-porzingis-is-freezing-out-the-knicks-from-afar-464157.html

Never expected this to even remotely be true but his comments just keep making it seem more and more likely he is bolting the first chance he gets

"Absolutely, I want to stay here all my career. You never know what will happen. At the end of the day the thing I want most of all is winning. When the time comes, I should seriously start to think about it. Right now I just try to do my best," Porzingis, 21, told Sporta Avize, according to a translation provided by the magazine.

Porzingis was then asked by the magazine if he would stay in New York rather than looking to sign with another team as a free agent if that club provided a better chance to win.

"Possible," he said. "Time will show."

Lol he has balls... Everyone always tries to be politically correct. He is being smart by saying he wants to be a knick but everything else says as soon as I am able I am on the next flight out and honestly I dont think that is fair... I am not sure what has happened behind closed doors but this dude needs to stfu and work on his game and worry about all this other **** later. Even OKA didnt ***** this much.

More-Than-Most
04-25-2017, 12:45 AM
The pacers should be all over this.. Call the knicks right now and say give me Porz and your lottery pick and I will give you PG13... No questions asked. Phil likely does it lol

KnicksorBust
04-25-2017, 11:53 AM
I want to tear it down and build around him. Not trade him and build around past his prime Melo and terrible overpaid vets. That's my nightmare.

xxplayerxx23
04-25-2017, 11:54 AM
The pacers should be all over this.. Call the knicks right now and say give me Porz and your lottery pick and I will give you PG13... No questions asked. Phil likely does it lol

No ****ing chance.

xxplayerxx23
04-25-2017, 11:55 AM
More than likely won't happen. Boston is the only team that prob has the assets

Melo KP to Boston

Bradley 2 Brooklyn picks

Prob gets the phone call started. I'm against trading KP at all

ewing
04-25-2017, 11:57 AM
joel embiid plus 2 picks would get the discussion started

Oakmont_4
04-25-2017, 11:59 AM
More than likely won't happen. Boston is the only team that prob has the assets

Melo KP to Boston

Bradley 2 Brooklyn picks

Prob gets the phone call started. I'm against trading KP at all

Yeah that's not gonna happen.

Leave Melo out of it, we don't want him. I'll take KP for Bradley and the 2018 BRK pick. That's about the best Ainge is gonna do.

kyubi256
04-25-2017, 12:12 PM
Makes no sense to trade KP now. Who cares if he has issues with the team? He isn't a free agent any time soon and we won't get what we perceive as equal value for him.

He's not an all star yet or an all NBA player, but we would want something of that equivalence for him.

tp13baby
04-25-2017, 01:04 PM
KP holds zero leverage on a rookie deal. He is going to see this rebuild through. With age talent and contract he is easily top 10 most untradeable individuals in the league.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-25-2017, 01:28 PM
I appreciate his attitude, it almost strikes me as Kobe-Like.

As for being traded, more than likely not gonna happen. If it does, I'd guess Boston.

Dade County
04-25-2017, 01:37 PM
They are not going to trade KP...

But I would like more young stars to not sign the ext after their rookie deal; just go into the 4th year and become a free agent. I don't like that players have to stay with a team for 7yrs just because that team drafted them.

ManRam
04-25-2017, 01:55 PM
There's a zero percent chance he's traded any time soon. Literally zero.

IndyRealist
04-25-2017, 01:56 PM

But I would like more young stars to not sign the ext after their rookie deal; just go into the 4th year and become a free agent. I don't like that players have to stay with a team for 7yrs just because that team drafted them.

It would be 5 years. They play the 4 year rookie contract plus 1 year on a qualifying offer, then they are unrestricted. It's hard to turn down guaranteed money even if you dislike your team.

Dade County
04-25-2017, 02:39 PM
It would be 5 years. They play the 4 year rookie contract plus 1 year on a qualifying offer, then they are unrestricted. It's hard to turn down guaranteed money even if you dislike your team.

You sure, I thought it was 3, then the 4th yr is the qualifying offer...

But I just don't like it; I remember Jimmy did it and it worked out for him; I wish AD would have just played out his qualifying offer and just left.

I just hope players like Cp3, Blake, Hayward...etc

Team up some way some how and create a team that can truly beat the Cav's & GS.

basch152
04-25-2017, 02:47 PM

Why? It rewards drafting well and helps small market teams that can't get **** in free agency.

More **** like this is what would help prevent super teams.

I'd prefer a league where getting 60 wins is incredibly rare and even the worst teams are pushing 30 wins. It's better for everyone.

c.c.
04-25-2017, 03:36 PM
Sam Dekker, Montrezl Harrell, two 1st, and a 2nd rounder

MygirlhatesCod
04-25-2017, 04:10 PM
it would be a shame to get rid of KP before melo. the thought just makes me angry.

Dade County
04-25-2017, 04:20 PM
Why? It rewards drafting well and helps small market teams that can't get **** in free agency.

Thats fine... But that doesn't mean the player you drafted has to re-sign with you. He put in his time, fulfilled his contract, and he's moving own.

More **** like this is what would help prevent super teams.

It's too late. GS has a team that can win at least 5 titles if they all stay together for the next 8yrs.

Players have to see this, and step up to the challenge.

I'd prefer a league where getting 60 wins is incredibly rare and even the worst teams are pushing 30 wins. It's better for everyone.

It's too late for this... Unless they are going to redraft the entire league and rework contracts that all players are signed for 5yrs automatically (voiding old contracts off the cap, but still giving the players their money).

LoL PSD should do this, lets re-draft the entire league, place a hard cap, and everyone gets a 5yr contract.

ManningToTyree
04-25-2017, 04:50 PM
Zero chance he gets traded

LA4life24/8
04-25-2017, 05:02 PM
Yeah he's not getting traded no way. And seriously why would the move him inside the division? Crazy talk. That won't happen. I bet theyd try to move him out west. Maybe try to do to the nuggets what the nuggets did to them to get melo? Lol Jk but i bet theyd try to send him west first. KP has like zero leverage at this point anyways.

mngopher35
04-25-2017, 05:04 PM
Ya I just can't imagine them moving him with so much leverage atm. I think melo will be gone this summer though.

Wolves should check in on kp though, just in case...

colinskik
04-25-2017, 05:15 PM
First off —i have zero problem with KP saying publicly that he wants to win. His exact words don't directly throw shade on the Knicks, even though the context is clear, and it's within the social norms of the league to put success over loyalty.

A part of me kinda wants him to bolt — the sadistic Knick fan part — because it would be such a glorious blow to Dolan's ego. But aside from him leaving on his own will, I don't see any realistic scenario where the Knicks trade him.

But KP also has to realize that he wouldn't be half as recognizable as he is if it weren't for NYC. I mean, he's basically on par with Towns when it comes to celebrity yet he's nowhere near his level skill wise.

More-Than-Most
04-25-2017, 05:53 PM
People saying they wont trade him may be correct but then you need to realize phil jackson is running things... There is always a chance... I think if phil did he would legit be assassinated

More-Than-Most
04-25-2017, 05:56 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-kristaps-porzingis-play-latvian-national-team-article-1.3094201?cid=bitly

Like I said the last couple of weeks this dude doesnt give a **** lol

Kristaps Porzingis didn’t care if the Knicks approved.

While announcing his participation in this summer’s European championships with the Latvian national team, Porzingis said on Monday that he never spoke with his NBA squad before leaving the U.S. for his home country. When asked if the Knicks were aligned with his summer plans, Porzingis passed the question to his older brother and agent, Janis.

“Kristaps is in a position to decide for himself on playing for the national side,” Janis said in Latvian, according to a transcript of the press conference.

That wasn’t always the case. In his first two summers after being drafted, Porzingis respected the Knicks’ wishes to sit out European championships and Olympic qualifiers. From Phil Jackson’s perspective, the idea was that Porzingis would benefit by staying closer to the team’s coaches and trainers while not risking injury overseas. Around this time last year, for instance, Porzingis participated in one of Phil Jackson’s triangle seminars.

IndyRealist
04-25-2017, 06:16 PM
You sure, I thought it was 3, then the 4th yr is the qualifying offer...

But I just don't like it; I remember Jimmy did it and it worked out for him; I wish AD would have just played out his qualifying offer and just left.

I just hope players like Cp3, Blake, Hayward...etc

Team up some way some how and create a team that can truly beat the Cav's & GS.

http://basketball.******.com/nba/info/rookie_scale

basch152
04-25-2017, 07:20 PM
Thats fine... But that doesn't mean the player you drafted has to re-sign with you. He put in his time, fulfilled his contract, and he's moving own.

It's too late. GS has a team that can win at least 5 titles if they all stay together for the next 8yrs.

Players have to see this, and step up to the challenge.

It's too late for this... Unless they are going to redraft the entire league and rework contracts that all players are signed for 5yrs automatically (voiding old contracts off the cap, but still giving the players their money).

LoL PSD should do this, lets re-draft the entire league, place a hard cap, and everyone gets a 5yr contract.

Yeah, but gs got to their first two titlws through drafting, and this year through drafting + durant.

And you were acting like getting 4-5 years from a rookie contract is too much
If you lowered the years on that you're only going to further promote super teams.

BoSox47
04-25-2017, 07:49 PM
Zero chance he gets traded

He said he wants to win, if the Knicks dont make strides in becoming a better team I could see him walking or being traded out west.

ohreally
04-25-2017, 08:18 PM
I don't know. Phil says he's not ready to be THE guy, and that's true. Honestly, I don't know if he'll ever be THE guy. A good to quite good multi-talented player, but not sure he gets much beyond that. And signs of back and leg problems should be concerning.

I think Phil listens to offers. A good offensive center or good scoring distributor with a good small forward would at least get him into a conversation.

GREATNESS ONE
04-25-2017, 11:06 PM
Trade Porzingis? Kidding me, not many legit offer out there for him, at 21 kids future is very bright.

Dade County
04-26-2017, 12:57 AM
Yeah, but gs got to their first two titlws through drafting, and this year through drafting + durant.

And you were acting like getting 4-5 years from a rookie contract is too much
If you lowered the years on that you're only going to further promote super teams.

I never said lower it, I just said I wish more players just signed the 1yr qualifying offer and become free agents right after that.

mrblisterdundee
04-26-2017, 01:32 AM
How about Parker and Brogdon for Porzingis and Kuzminskas?
New York is taking on the risk of Parker's injury history, but the upside is there. Brogdon provides some nice insurance.
Milwaukee gets front court of Maker, Porzingis and Giannis — MPG and the Kuz.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-26-2017, 02:00 AM
No.

xxplayerxx23
04-26-2017, 03:40 AM
Yeah that's not gonna happen.

Leave Melo out of it, we don't want him. I'll take KP for Bradley and the 2018 BRK pick. That's about the best Ainge is gonna do.

You'll never touch KP without this years Brooklyn pick ++ I wouldn't even deal him at all.

xxplayerxx23
04-26-2017, 03:43 AM
I'd be pissed at any trade. He's under contract for 2 more years + RFA. Chances of him turning down max money is unlikely. Draft well this year and next and they will be fine before he's ready to be a FA anyway.

thephoenixson28
04-26-2017, 04:11 AM
Phoenix 1st,Bender, and Brandon knight for Carmelo and Porzingis

nycericanguy
04-26-2017, 12:51 PM

Knicks are gonna trade KP AND a top pick for a possible one year rental of PG13?

not sure if serious or trolling?

IndyRealist
04-26-2017, 01:00 PM
Knicks are gonna trade KP AND a top pick for a possible one year rental of PG13?

not sure if serious or trolling?

The Knicks don't do it bc they value KP too much.

The Pacers don't do it bc KP and Myles Turner are essentially the same player.

R. Johnson#3
04-26-2017, 01:38 PM
JV+Cory Joseph for KP and filler.

LA4life24/8
04-26-2017, 01:43 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-kristaps-porzingis-play-latvian-national-team-article-1.3094201?cid=bitly

Like I said the last couple of weeks this dude doesnt give a **** lol

Kristaps Porzingis didn’t care if the Knicks approved.

While announcing his participation in this summer’s European championships with the Latvian national team, Porzingis said on Monday that he never spoke with his NBA squad before leaving the U.S. for his home country. When asked if the Knicks were aligned with his summer plans, Porzingis passed the question to his older brother and agent, Janis.

“Kristaps is in a position to decide for himself on playing for the national side,” Janis said in Latvian, according to a transcript of the press conference.

That wasn’t always the case. In his first two summers after being drafted, Porzingis respected the Knicks’ wishes to sit out European championships and Olympic qualifiers. From Phil Jackson’s perspective, the idea was that Porzingis would benefit by staying closer to the team’s coaches and trainers while not risking injury overseas. Around this time last year, for instance, Porzingis participated in one of Phil Jackson’s triangle seminars.

Maybe KP is tryna piss em off enough to trade him somewhere else? Maybe he realizes rhe knicks are a complete ****ing mess? Lol thats prolly the only way kp gets traded

LA4life24/8
04-26-2017, 01:44 PM
Phoenix 1st,Bender, and Brandon knight for Carmelo and Porzingis

Bet they'd ask for chriss too

xxplayerxx23
04-26-2017, 01:52 PM

lol pacers do it easily.

xxplayerxx23
04-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Bet they'd ask for chriss too

They wouldn't do it even with Chriss

xxplayerxx23
04-26-2017, 01:57 PM
JV+Cory Joseph for KP and filler.

Lol

nycericanguy
04-26-2017, 02:15 PM

pacers do it in a heartbeat... KP is a completely different animal than Turner and they actually fit well together plus a stud draft pick in a loaded draft?

for a guy that is looking more and more like a lock to leave after next year? I read he's even been open to his team mates about leaving to LA. and the pacers dont do it?...lol

nycericanguy
04-26-2017, 02:16 PM
How about Parker and Brogdon for Porzingis and Kuzminskas?
New York is taking on the risk of Parker's injury history, but the upside is there. Brogdon provides some nice insurance.
Milwaukee gets front court of Maker, Porzingis and Giannis — MPG and the Kuz.

KP alone is worth more than those two even if Parker was healthy and he's not.

TheNumber37
04-26-2017, 02:31 PM
I'm pretty sure KP's deal is longer than PHIL. PHIL WILL NOT BE RENEWED at the end of his contract. I HOPE

LongIslandIcedZ
04-26-2017, 03:06 PM
Knicks have three years to mend this relationship. I'd bet he doesnt go anywhere.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
04-26-2017, 03:08 PM
No free agent would sign with the knicks unless they get an absurd contract. The way he treated melo is pathetic. And that's coming from someone who finds melo overrated. Phil is terrible at management and if not for those players he had, would probably be overexposed as a coach. Sad part is Dolan truly thinks Phil is doing a good job. Knicks might be worse than the nets in management. Ive seen too many knicks fans just quit on their team.

xxplayerxx23
04-26-2017, 03:19 PM
No free agent would sign with the knicks unless they get an absurd contract. The way he treated melo is pathetic. And that's coming from someone who finds melo overrated. Phil is terrible at management and if not for those players he had, would probably be overexposed as a coach. Sad part is Dolan truly thinks Phil is doing a good job. Knicks might be worse than the nets in management. Ive seen too many knicks fans just quit on their team.

Fa never came unless they were overpaid. If they hit on their pick this year and next year and KP becomes what we think we will be fine and FAs will come.

TheDish87
04-26-2017, 03:48 PM

didnt Melo exercise his NTC? how is that on the team?

IndyRealist
04-26-2017, 04:06 PM
lol pacers do it easily.

Not even close. Myles Turner amd KP are almost the exact same player, except Turner didn't fade as the season went on and is a model citizen.

Putting the two of them next to eachother makes zero sense.

IndyRealist
04-26-2017, 04:09 PM
pacers do it in a heartbeat... KP is a completely different animal than Turner and they actually fit well together plus a stud draft pick in a loaded draft?

for a guy that is looking more and more like a lock to leave after next year? I read he's even been open to his team mates about leaving to LA. and the pacers dont do it?...lol

Please explain how two jump shooting, shot blocking big men are completely different animals.

hugepatsfan
04-26-2017, 04:37 PM
Phil supposedly really likes Crowder. I don't think Porzingis is on the table AT ALL but I'd love for BOS to try for Willy H to start at C next to Horford. Crowder is signed cheaply for 3 more years - it's not a rookie deal like Willy H but it's the same idea. I'd even throw in 1 or 2 non BRK first rounders with Crowder.

GiantsSwaGG
04-26-2017, 05:15 PM
Phil supposedly really likes Crowder. I don't think Porzingis is on the table AT ALL but I'd love for BOS to try for Willy H to start at C next to Horford. Crowder is signed cheaply for 3 more years - it's not a rookie deal like Willy H but it's the same idea. I'd even throw in 1 or 2 non BRK first rounders with Crowder.

Willy is close to untouchable especially with his contract. Might be the best contract in the NBA

mrblisterdundee
04-26-2017, 05:39 PM
KP alone is worth more than those two even if Parker was healthy and he's not.

You're overvaluing Porzingis. He's been good, but by no means dominant.
Parker might not be the same defensive force, but he's been slightly better offensively when healthy. Brogdon's about to become the rookie of the year and plays like a grizzled veteran at 24 years old. Many believe he'll be a star in this league.
I could see dropping Kuzminskas, but that offer overall is fair.

More-Than-Most
04-26-2017, 05:55 PM
well considering people think PG or butler could be had for love or Randle/Clarkson then Porz should go for 2 ****ing 2nd rounders.

FlashBolt
04-26-2017, 06:32 PM
didnt Melo exercise his NTC? how is that on the team?

I'm not sure what the NTC deal is but Melo said he would 100% be open to leaving the Knicks if that's what they wanted. The thing is, not many teams were willing to make a move for Melo. Knicks tried to do a Love for Melo trade which I can understand the Cavs not making it but it was probably a chemistry thing more-so any other. But it is the management fault in how they say one thing and then do another. How do you expect your player to react when the GM is talking trash about him? It's stupid. Why would anyone subject themselves to that?

nycericanguy
04-26-2017, 06:40 PM
Parker might not be the same defensive force, but he's been slightly better offensively when healthy. Brogdon's about to become the rookie of the year and plays like a grizzled veteran at 24 years old. Many believe he'll be a star in this league.

i'm not, outside of KAT, KP probably has the highest trade value of any player on a rookie contract.

It's not just how good he is NOW, it's his potential.

You're over valuing Parker if you don't think KP alone is worth Parker & Bog... especially after all those injuries.

TheDish87
04-27-2017, 11:01 AM

who believes Brogdon is going to be a star? come on man.

LA4life24/8
04-27-2017, 12:08 PM
They wouldn't do it even with Chriss

Most likely not lol

LA4life24/8
04-27-2017, 12:12 PM
well considering people think PG or butler could be had for love or Randle/Clarkson then Porz should go for 2 ****ing 2nd rounders.

Yeah the only way either of them are traded is if the publicly come out and demand a trade to a specific team.

I mean look what cousins got the kings tho... not too much more than either of those deals lol. That pels 1st rounder could have just as easily turned out to not be a lottery pick, hield is a rich mans jodie meeks + filler lol

TheDish87
04-27-2017, 12:39 PM
you cant judge trades by the players. Cousins is known as a team cancer, headache, and perennial loser throughout his career. George is worth plenty more.

LA4life24/8
04-27-2017, 01:34 PM
Except george is also the same as cousins in the fact he's not a guarantee to resign anywhere he goes so teams will also be reluctant to give too much for him same as cousins

And a lot of people sayin george is kinda kobe esque hard to play w cuz hes tough on his teammates wants the ball always in crunch time even if theres an open man etc

Im just sayin dont be surprised if he brings in a similar haul as cousins

Lottery pick young up n coming player and filler for a rental of george and maybe a bad contract

mngopher35
04-27-2017, 01:43 PM
6 (lottery pick), Dunn (up and coming player), bjelica (filler)

Give us a stud please!