PDA

View Full Version : MVP the-rest-of-the-roster

Scoots
04-22-2017, 11:26 PM
If you were starting a team next year and you could take any players from the Spurs, Rockets, and Thunder EXCEPT the MVPs ... what would your team look like?

Raps18-19 Champ
04-23-2017, 12:30 AM
C- Adams, Capela, Kanter
PF- Aldridge, Gasol
SF- Ariza, Danny Green
SG- Oladipo, Gordon, Lou Will
PG- Beverly, Parker

goingfor28
04-23-2017, 01:56 AM
So I can't take Kawhi, Sir Flops-A-Lot, or Russ.
PG: Parker, Beverly
SG: EJ, Manu, Green
SF: Barnes
This is a harder question than I anticipated bc of how much the 3 I can't choose mean to their teams.
Steven Adams would no doubt make the team as well

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FOXHOUND
04-23-2017, 03:12 AM
PG: Patrick Beverly, $5.5M - Lou Williams, $7.0M - Dejounte Murray, $1.2M. Total - $13.7M

SG: Victor Oladipo $21.0M - Danny Green, $10M. Total - $31M

SF: Trevor Ariza, $7.4M - Kyle Anderson, $2.1M - Jerami Grant, $1.5M. Total - $11.0M

PF: Enes Kanter, $17.8M - David Lee, $1.6M - Domantas Sabonis, $2.5M. Total - $21.9M

C: Steven Adams, $22.4M - Clint Capela, $2.3M - Chinanu Onuaku, $1.3M. Total - $26.0M

Total Roster Cost - $103.6M with a salary cap of $102M

Patty Mills and Andre Roberson are hitting FA, so I didn't want to try and guess their price range. I imagine both will be in the $8-10M range and that's too rich for either, with limited resources.

Being able to budget PG and SF so cheaply allowed to splurge elsewhere, like paying Adams $22M. The options at those two positions just weren't all that great period though. The toughest question for me was Aldridge at $21M and age 32 vs Kanter at $17.8M and age 25. I think Aldridge is too old, jump shot reliant and not a good enough rebounder anymore to warrant that pay.

Kanter has his issues, but being surrounded by three athletic perimeter players who play good D and Adams should help cover him on D. The perimeter trios ability to shoot should also do a nice job of spacing the court for him. Entering age 25 and season 7, he should also be getting better. Would need a nice jump for Dipo as he's also going to be 25 and entering season 5. Lou Williams would have to carry the 2nd unit scoring pretty heavily but I think he's up to it. Oh, and I need Pop as coach...

This team would have a hell of a hard time scoring but I think they could have a strong D to help make up for it. Team would suck, without Pop lol. Not surprising, since all three of these teams heavily rely on their lead player to score.

I went too deep into this.

Scoots
04-23-2017, 08:27 AM
Nice post Fox.

What surprised me when I looked at this is that the top 3 people talked about as MVP all have fairly week teams around them ... and some say LeBron does too.

It's really hard to build a half decent team from 3 playoff teams without just 3 players in the pool. A lot of flaws on these rosters being shored up by astoundingly good seasons by 1 player each.

mrblisterdundee
04-25-2017, 12:28 AM
If you were starting a team next year and you could take any players from the Spurs, Rockets, and Thunder EXCEPT the MVPs ... what would your team look like?
Time to stock up on younger guys, hopefully tank and get a good draft pick. Plus I want to see Oladipoint.

PG: Oladipo, Beverly, Murray
SG: McDermott, Abrines, Anderson
SF: Grant, Dekker, Huestis
PF: Harrell, Sabonis, Bertans
C: Adams, Capela, Kanter